Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Lyndsey--love that stack of books! Looks like some good reading! We haven't been to the library since we moved here last August. We really need to go check out our library here. We used to check out stacks and stacks at a time when the kids were little. People would look at us like we were crazy. We loved reading those picture books together!

Netty--how frustrating with the towels and the spray! Nuts! What a bother. Wish y'all didn't have to spray either.

We got some rain on Wednesday. A big thunderstorm. Our grass and fields are looking so lush and green right now. It's quite beautiful. The temps have been pretty mild the past couple of days, so it's been quite heavenly around here.

Going to work at the 4-H food stand this morning as a family with our 4-H group. This should be fun!!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile
One more thing, I watched the mini-series of Hatfields and Mccoys. It's pretty violent and it's really sad. Goes to show you how holding grudges is nothing but trouble! Better to forgive and forget!!! Is it worth watching? I don't know. It's a lot of time to get your heart wrapped up in these characters and then it just gets sadder and sadder. I realize this is history, so if you want to know the nitty gritty from a theatrical perspective, then I would watch it. Otherwise, you might want to spend your time doing something else. Anywho, I enjoyed the actors very much and it was really well done. Just a very, very sad story.

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Lindsey, I'm jealous!

Pam, those sound so yummy! I hope you feel better soon.

What a week. The sewer backed up at work. My boss decided to stay out in New York for two more weeks, so more overtime for me--but her husband doesn't want to pay me for it. I was already exhausted and stressed, and now trying to collect my pay triggered a total meltdown last night. I am dreading the follow-up phone call today.

At least Ric loves his new job--and when "that girl" contacted him the other day asking if he wanted a key to her apartment, he replied, "I told you never to contact me again!"

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  07:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, I have a weird question. Are cherry preserves & cherry jam the same thing? I did post this in the kitchen forum too, but maybe you'll all know! I don't want to go to the store to buy it if it's the same as what I'm fixing! I don't think I need any more cherry jams around! lol

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  07:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies and Happy Saturday Morning!

We got rain! Buckets and buckets of rain! I almost forgot what it looked like! At one point my daughter and I just stood on our porch and watched. We also got lots of lightening, very loud thunder and hail. So our electricity went off several times last night and I wasn't able to post this receipe.
(and it's still raining and rumbling, and the radar shows another nasty cell moving thru so I better get this out while I can)
Give this a try, it's very easy and very good.

Lemon Blueberry Bars

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 can Lemon Creme Pie filling
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 can blueberry pie filling

heat oven to 350. prepare a 13x9 inch baking pan (they said line with foil, I used cooking spray)
In a bowl combine butter,sugar,vanilla,and salt: mix well. Gradually stir in flour until smooth
Press dough evenly over bottom of pan. Bake for 20 mins until edges are lightly brown.
In a bowl combine Lemon pie filling with sweetened condensed milk, mix well. Spoon mixture evenly over crust. (I didn't wait for it to cool, and receipe didn't say either way)
Spoon blueberry filling over top.
Bake at same temp for 15 mins. cool in pan on wire rack. Enjoy!

As I said my daughter did this for home ec, it was easy and turned out very yummy.

Well, I better sign off, it's looking really ugly out my window! Thankful for the rain!

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Just finished shredding 24 cups of squash for winter use. Got the kids to do and finish their chores. I even got the tent in the back yard taken down by myself with no problem. It's a good saturday here. And on top of it all it is so nice today I turned the air off and opened up all the windows. Hello fall!

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile
Ah I didn't realize you were talking about crops. I thought you were just talking about a random pasture field thing lol. And I totally agree with your conclusions about chemicals & sprays & "nastiness".

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  7:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Dianne, I'll keep Michael in my prayers.
Lindsey, that's a lot of books! Looks like a stack I would check out! Enjoy reading all of them.
Pam, Irish Fest was great! Listening to Irish music was great, and I caught a few minutes of a couple of different dance school shows. And I was able to get a claddagh ring, which I've wanted for a while. So it was definitely a successful trip!
Netty, I hope you're able to get some good sleep!
Well girls, the countdown is officially on. Three more days of vacation, and my junior year is on! I'll hopefully be able to continue stopping on the porch at least once or twice a week, but even if I'm not able to get on, I'm always thinking of you! I hope everyone has great Sundays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday, girls!

I have actually had a day where I was not cleaning or moving... Yesterday it rained so needed that so hubby couldn't contiue cleaning up and putting away out in barns so he hung all my pictures Bless that man he knows I never think it is home until the teacups, pictures, and curtains are hung. I have a lady coming to look at four rooms for curtains. I really don't know what to do. She is mom of one of my butterflies and does it for a living. She is also going to look at my grandma's rocking chair and help me make it look pretty. We ordered all new appliances for our kitchen since the ones in there don't work well. I was never so happy as to give the keys to the old farm to the new owner. I didn't even look back. I just love our new little house.

Peggy I had to laugh at you and your jewelry. That is me looking for my camera...I am sure it is stashed away somewhere casue all the boxes are empty now. For the life of me I have no clue where I stuck it. Reminder take better notes..and never move again.

Welcome to all the new ladies. So glad to have yall with us. This is the most wonderful porch.

Judy..you best high tail your behind back to the porch. Peggy is threatening the porch posse...Lord have mercy if they get on the run for you

Start school on Tuesday with my new set of butterflies...20 this year...biggest class in a while. God has blessed our school richly with increased enrollment. We are all excited. I am sure I will have stories to tell yall...they just are so darn cute and make me laugh.

well my dear dryer is calling my name so I best skedaddle now.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  4:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, Been busy working for my son, will be working all week. He invited us out to camp and he made steaks for us. They were sooooo good. I did not have to cook today, that was a treat. Gotta hop in the shower, I smell like campfire smoke now and I can't stand it. Hard on my lungs.
Peggy, I don't have fibro, but I have a bone disease where I have severe blood loss to the bone and the joints crumble apart. I had both hips and my right shoulder total replacements all within 16 months, before that it was 2 1/2 years in a wheelchair.I also have osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. I know all about pain, and it is hard for me sometimes to sit or stand too long. Cold weather is very hard on my bones and hot weather is too hard on my lungs. Can't win.
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  7:05:24 PM  Show Profile
I finally got a moment to get on and chat and it's thundering&lightening! Gotta turn this thing off and unplug it or Hubs will yell at me.
I'll be back tomorrow.....Promise Peg.....& TLTammy! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 19 2012 7:07:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  12:05:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porch Girlies...

Well we have had a drastic weather change from the heat.
Hang on...going over to my Sticky Notes before the computer
eats all my thoughts and words. LOL

Anyway, with the weather change I didn't feel too great yesterday and even worse today. It is the first pajama day that I have had for a very long time. I did take the dog on our short walk today but then came home and got back in my PJ's and went back to bed. Then when I got back up...I stayed in my pj's
after a good hot shower to give my muscles a little relief.
Pkgd up all my yoyos for a Swap, did two loads of laundry and then just hung around. My DH went to Barnes and Noble alone today (it's always good to have a little break from each other once in awhile anyway.)

Tomorrow...I hope to go out shopping and run some errands on my own. I look forward to that "ME" time every payday. I go to all the places my DH hates to go with me and just enjoy myself...and leisurely shop.

Janet...the reason I asked if you have Fibro or not is because your symptoms sound just like mine...minus the deteriating joints and blood loss to the bones. Wow girl...I am so happy that you no longer have to be in a wheelchair. That is a Freedom regained!
I use to have to walk with a cane...for 3 yrs because of Balance issues...but then found out that one of The Fibro meds was causing the problem. So, I quit the medication.

Teacher Tammy...PTL for a day of not cleaning or moving...feels great doesn't it!!! That camera will show up when you least expect it to...and where you forgot you put it. LOL

You sound like me...when it comes to not feeling like the new place is home until the pictures are hung and the pretties set out. I still need to hang a kitchen valance and my husbands curtains for him. But first I have to be able to get to his window. LOL
Oh, 20 new Butterflies...can't wait to hear some of the stories you'll have to share with us.

Miss Megan...you must be getting ready for school too huh? I hope you can make it on here a little more often than last year...but if not we'll know your are busy busy busy!

Judy Judy Judy...it's about time you popped on...even for just a minute to let us know it was thundering and lightening and keeping you off the 'puter. Hey, don't YOU make me put my hands on my hips!!! LOL

Well, I am reading 4 really good books right now. One is a true story called "The Devil in Pew 7"
And that is an appropriate title to this story.
The next is called "The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott". love all stories by her and about her. The third is an Amish Novel called "The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club" by Wanda Brunstetter and the fourth one is a Novel by Tedd Decker called "Imannuels Veins".
All very diverse (that is how I can keep them straight)
and all good in their own genre.

OK...I'm off to put my folded cloths away and hit the sack to read...the question is which book????? LOL

Hugs and giggles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  03:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm right there with you on the Fibro: it has been kicking my but! I missed morning Church services because my get up and go was completely gone! Evening Church was hard, sitting still in the pews is hard with this much pain. Work today will be a challange but my bosses understand, they have a sister who had Fibro. This time of year is so rough! I hope you get to feeling better!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  06:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. I'm not feeling so well - tired way too much for my liking. I'm not sure if it's all the medications I'm on, or if something is "off" or what is going on exactly....but whatever it is sure kicking my butt! I really dislike being tired all the time. A lot of days I wish I could just curl up on the couch & sleep :s. Or at least, just lay there & pretend I'm sleeping. Anyhow. I have a dr appt on Thursday, I just gotta make it that long! Hope you all have a good day!

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Just on for a minute.
I have meetings at work today. That is how the first day back always is.
Freshman start Wednesday and the rest on Thursday.

Hope eveyone had a great weekend. I will be back to catch up on all the news.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:52:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Hope you all are feeling better. I had a flu bug for a few days. I did get a little sewing done in the mornings but then a fever showed up each afternoon. Feeling better today. Then of course because I got sick, my mom says she is sick. It was just an excuse to stay home from church and in bed all day. I'll be up and around more today and I get she has a miraculous recovery. She does whatever I do. It's like having a little sister that has to copy everything you do.
My son said I should apply for section 8 housing. My mom wants me to try too. That way if she loses the house she won't have to think about where I would go. She has more options than I do. I hate that I need help. But it would get me in my own place and maybe even closer to Portland. If I get the job I want it would help to be in that area.

Enough of my rambling. Some wishful thinking mostly. I had my phone interview with Accuquilt on Friday. She said they will get back to me in a few weeks. I just hope my school schedule doesn't put them off.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

It's another gorgeous morning here in MN. The overnight temps are in the 50's and so the windows have all been open for days now! Love the fresh air and the sounds of nature. It's been glorious! I worked in my garden some. I'm putting down cardboard and straw/hay etc. to make the ground all happy for next spring. We had a rough go of our new land this year and so it's been a lot of frustration, but now I feel hopeful to the outcome next year with all this prep we are starting to do. Gonna get some compost and old chicken bedding on top and some mulch. Have you watched the Back to Eden video yet? That's what's got me going on this crazy business. You can check it out here: http://backtoedenfilm.com/

We officially made it through the county fair and we all had fun and the kids did great! They are looking forward to bigger and better projects for next year. Their wheels are turning with excitement. So cute!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a marvelous start to the week! Happy MONDAY!!!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  09:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
It is a beautiful day here. My last day of summer begin school tomorrow. I tidied up a bit this morning and then put supper in the crockpot and baked brownies for dessert. I think I will crochet this afternoon. Only six more rows and my first scarf will be done. It is pretty good if I don't say so myself...I am looking for project number two. I have become addicted to crochet...

Bunny so glad you are feeling better. I will pray that the housing issue will work out for you. What are you sewing on?

Judy good thing you showed up that porch posse was on their horses ready to search high and low for you.

well dryer goes off so I best go fold clothes and then eat a bite of lunch.
Be back later
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

I'm back!

I've been trapped in my bed for a week now! I'm goin crazy! I went to the emergency room because the lump on my behind from several months back had gotten huge, red, hot, and so sore I couldn't sit anymore. God lined everything up just perfectly for me. The greatest dr I have ever known was workin that night, he had an amazin student dr workin with him, and there was almost noone there but us. They actually were willin and able to diagnose me and treat me. I had a very large cyst that had become inflamed and was beginnin to abcess.

They didn't want to wait for an or appointment, so they did the procedure in the er right then. It was definitely not comfortable, but they were pretty free with the numbin stuff. It was a horrible ride home, though. We found out that my metabolism is not friendly to any of the local anestesia(?). It breaks it down too quickly.

I am on some antibiotics that are so strong they gave me some nausea meds to take at the same time. I'm feelin pretty rough, but the pain is startin to recead now. They said that it would mess with my leg and back quite a bit as they readjust to the lack of pressure, just like it messed with them as the pressure has built up for years. Only this will be worse but shorter, as it is a sudden change.

I have to go to a clinic that the dr runs in 2 months and have the cyst removed. They were only able to drain it and remove a tiny part of it. The inflammation and infection had them worried about doin too much right then. I have no insurance and he was tryin to keep me from havin to stay. The hospital I went to is known for forgivin er debt, but not inpatient care. Thats why he referred me to his clinic. It's income based and has influence at the hospital for or usage.

My so so so sweet Hubby got his mom to take the kids and he set me up big time in our room. He moved a table up there and brought my coffee pot, the microwave, our campin minifridge, lots of food and drinks, and books to read up stairs. That's where our bathroom is, so I had to stay there. I couldn't handle the stairs at all! I had my kindle, a stack of books, some colorin books and a brand new set of 50 colored pencils. He even let me buy a bunch of new books for my kindle! I was so spoiled! He cooked for me, made my plate, brought it to me, and did the dishes!

I had my very own minivacation. If only I didn't hurt so much I could have really enjoyed it.

Well, I spent a week workin on new things to do with the girls schooling and new ideas to help with the spellin lists and math facts. I guess I had better go try a few and see if I came up with any ideas that will work!

Oh! By the way, my 3y/o DD decided she was a big girl and didn't need her "plugs" (read passifier) any more. She gathered them up and threw them away all on her own. Then grandma took her shoppin for anything she wanted as a prize. She chose a vtech pad that teaches letters and words. She said big girls can read, so she needs to learn! I've put together a preschool program for her and we will be workin on it today. I think she's a bit young, but she thinks she's ready. I don't want to tell her no! I just wasn't quite ready to take on 2 a day just yet!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  5:29:57 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I sure hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully the dr. will find what is wrong and nothing too serious.
April, we were 39 this morning. It has been cold at night here for over a week now, but I don't mind it at all. We don't have air, so have had our windows open all summer, but now some of them are closed due to the autumn air. I am not ready to close them all yet. I wore shorts today, but think it is now time to start wearing long pants again.
Judy, good to hear from you again. Hope you can stay for awhile now.
Tammy, I bet you are happy to get back to your little butterflies. 20 of them!!!! Nice and colorful, heh?
Angela, I am so sorry you have been is so much pain. It was good that you went to the ER and got it taken care of. Be careful for infection and hope it heals and you are able to get that syst taken out for good. Take it easy. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:31:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi there, bet ya thought I wasn't going to make it tonight. I had to...I promised Peggy! *giggle* Ok Possee, git down offa them horses! LOL Man, I don't know what got into me, but for about a week, I've been cleaning up a storm, moving things around, throwing stuff out. Is it spring-cleaning time again or what? hahahaha I know my sister and some of her younguns are coming home for Thanksgiving, but that's a couple of months away yet. Of course we all know how fast that can fly by,so maybe it isn't all that crazy to start now.Maybe it has to do with these 70 degree days and 50 degree nights.I didn't clean hardly at all when it was 80 and 90....shoot....I tried not to even move, let alone do anything. Tonight my back is moaning at me and letting me know that it needs a day off. hahaha
Angela, so sorry to hear about all of your pain, but so glad that you got it taken care of and that your so so so sweet hubby took such good care of you afterward. What a wonderful man! I'd keep him if I were you! *giggle*
I was at McDonalds last week and this girl my age and I started chatting and 2 1/2 hours later we said we better call it quits because our husbands would wonder where we were. But we just hit it off so well and freely talked about God and churches and we laughed a lot.
She has cancer but is in remission right now. She said she has had chemo so many times. She is so upbeat though. You'd never know that she was so sick.She said that since God had spared her so many times,she wasn't afraid to approach people and talk about the goodness of God and His plan for their lives. She was amazing and just drew people to her. So Sunday I went to church with her since I don't have a church of my own anymore. Everyone there was so friendly and I enjoyed the service but the music was more upbeat than I'm use to. It's unusual,but they sing acapella. No piano or organ. And the music is so harmonious and beautiful. They just blend together so beautifully. Their song leader is a vibrant man with a very nice baritone voice. He just starts singing and everyone follows.
I can't wait to go again Sunday. I may try the early service. They have a 6 PM service. That's rare.I love night services. They are a nice end to the Sabbath day. They even have a bible study on Wednesday evening. That would be nice to join too.
Well, I need to get to bed. My back is telling me to. hahahaha
Good-night Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  01:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Good Very Very Early Tuesday Mornen Girls...

I had fun out in my VW Bug today...running all my errands and spending way too much money.
I'm beat tonight though. And on top of all that I fell in my living room today. I was backing up looking at something and tripped over one foot stool, twisted my entire body and fell onto another footstool and then onto the floor. I am so glad that I was in my house...I felt like an idiot! I think I will be sore tomorrow *today*.
I am suppose to go help youngest son do some housework to surprise his fiance. How I get talked into these things is beyond me. I barely have the energy to keep up my own place with my Fibro acting up. Oh well, Shane does so much for me...I can hardly say "NO"...even though I wish I could. LOL

Shanda..I missed Church Sunday too because of the Fibro. I just can't sit that long when I am in so much pain. Don't know how you made it for evening church. I am so happy God understands!

Pam...wow girl, hope you find out what is wrong when you go to the Dr. Thursday. Will be praying for you.

Dianne...I can't remember, are you a teacher or do you work in the office at School? Our schools here don't start until the first week of Sept.

Bunny...was getting ready to send The Possie after you as soon as we got done at Judys. LOL Sorry to hear that you were sick!! Did your mom have a miraculous healing?? LOl That is so funny! I think you should try for section 8 housing. It would be great for you to get back out on your own again.

April...glad the Fair was a great experience for the kids. You sound like you got yourself a lot of work going on.
How was your families visit? Hope you enjoyed them.

Teacher Tammy...Happy First Day of School!!

You should try to crochet a simple shawl next. That would be nice to snuggle up in, this winter.

How is Jax doing? Is he adjusted after the move? It usually takes them a little while.

Angela...I remember that you had problem with that cyst before. I hope they can remove it for you after all the swelling and infection is gone. I use to get an occassional bartholen cyst flair up. Those are sooo painful too...being right in the groin area. I had to have them lanced everytime too. But that's what having good "Whoopy" does for you! LOL

Hope you heal up soon. You are blessed to have a good man who will take care of you.

Hi Janet...whatcha up to girl???

Netty...you probably did over do helping your son last week.
Glad your daughter is going to help you with the canning and juicing.

Judy...well, I am glad to know you keep your promises girl. LOL What ever has got you doing the House Cleaning Dance...YOU GO GIRL! You will be happy when November comes around and the cleaning will be easier because of all your hard work now.

That is so cool about you meeting that gal at Mickie D's. I call those Divine Interventions. All on God's Agenda. That is lovely that you got to go to Church with her. Sounds like a Non-Instrumental Church of Christ...am I right?

OK...my brain is fried, my body is protesting and I need to get up in 7 hours and go put it through more torture. You know what they say,
"If done right...
Housework Can Kill Ya!" I believe it too!

Nighty Night My Lovelies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 21 2012 01:20:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  05:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Short and sweet as I am off to work shortly and have a couple of things that must be done before leaving.
Pam, Janet, Angela, Netty, praying for you all. Blessings and comfort.
Peggy, funny how those little VW are almost sports cars. They corner nice too. Sometimes it is hard to keep your foot out of the carburetor ;>)
Got a couple of things crossed off the honey do list and my son and I hope to be able to get a few more on Thursday.
Yep, summer here is usually intense and short. But it is what it is.
God bless us all, each and every one according to the need.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  08:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Judy, so wonderful you found a new friend and a church you like. I guess McDonalds is good for something other than fattening food.

Peggy, I think we can all feel your pain with falling like that. I'm thankful you were at home too. I have fallen outside and felt like crawling under a rock. So embarrassing. Hopefully you won't feel too bad today.

I didn't have the flu. Instead it turned into one of the worse fibro flares I have had in a long time. So much pain I could hardly sleep last night. I think I have just been doing too much in the sewing room.i have made a few too many commitments and have to have everything done before school starts. I was doing so well, but paid for it in the end. Funny thing is, that means my mom didn't have the flu either. As usual she uses it as an excuse to be lazy. My biggest problem with section 8 is I still have to come up with deposits and find someone willing to rent to me with cats. I don't want to live in an apartment for that reason. but I will at least apply and then see what happens. I will probably take about a year to get approved anyway. I'm hoping maybe I could move closer to Portland. I want away from The Dalles for sure!
My bankruptcy hearing is the middle of September. It will be so nice to have that done finally.

Well today is a stay in bed day. I need to rest up for the quilt show this weekend in Hood River. I'm teaching all day Saturday so will be on my feet most of the day. Thursday and fridaymi am doing a demo on my die cutter to drum up more students. But I on,y have to do that for a few hours.

Later all. Angela and Pam hope you are feeling better soon. Peggy, hope your body is nice to you today.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  09:49:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Judy...Don't ya just love a warm and loving church! I get into those cleanin frenzies sometimes too. Even more so after a long spell where I haven't been able to do much for whatever reason.

Peggy...I hate fallin in front of people! I always feel so stupid. I usually do it after just tellin the kids not to trip over somethin then I do it!

Bunny...I have a MIL who claims to always be sick so she can get others to do her work for her. The problem is she has major issues, so people have a hard time tellin if she needs help or not. One of these days she's gonna really need help and noone will believe her. Hope your pain eases! I know that has to really make life hard!

I've got so much to do, but I'm still pretty sore. It makes it hard to do much when your bum hurts. Walkin, sittin, bendin, standin, and layin on my back or left side is painful. Takin a bath was an adventure last night! WOW! The kids are helpin with keepin things picked up and runnin the laundry up and down the stairs. It's just not what I would normally call clean. I guess I'll get to it eventually.

I am makin a little headway with some of the girls schoolin. My little preschooler is just zippin through the books we picked up from the dollar store and walmart. I bought all those cheapy 'learnin readiness' books they sell. They are almost all color and shape identification, matchin and different, with just a page or 2 of tracin letters. I found 8 different ones and she has completed 4 in one day! She loves them! Hubby went out and picked up a couple of those really thick ones that claim to have 'complete kindergarten readiness' in them. I think I'm gonna have to figure out how to create some of my own exercises for her before we go broke buyin stacks of workbooks every week!

I'm off to get the girls busy makin dinner! That's home ec you know!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page