Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:07:28 PM  Show Profile
I am connected to the world today...I have wireless at home now...can use my nook nad my new laptop that we are getting soon will be wonderful. I left yall brownies and chocolate tea. I have registration tonight at school.

Huibby is finishing cleaning at the other house and tomorrow we close...so please pray it goes well. Then one house.

I am so excited to share about my house...still cant locate camera I stuck it in some thing that I obviously don't remember...so who knows but will post pictures soon and of course I am gearing up to share some stories about my newest butterflies to join me next week...can't wait to see some of them tonight.

well gotta fly
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
howdy all,
hope you are all having a good week so far. tomorrow, frontier is coming out to check my outside equipment to see why my internet not staying online. they checked the line from the office, nothing wrong there. i was offline 3 times before noon yesterday, that's the only complaint i have living in these mountains...bad internet. was watching a movie on netflix and it went out.only good thing is when it comes back on, it starts from where it stopped. ever since verizon left us in the hands of frontier, it's been one big mess with me calling every month because they can't get my bill right! grrrrrr

ok, ruffles feathers back in place. lol..

..on the way home from getting groceries yesterday, we saw a flock of young turkey hens cross the road. love living out here in the woods, never know what you will see. one amazing sight was when we saw 3 mourning doves sitting on either side of a hawk, spaced evenly apart on a power line that stretched across the cow pasture. where's the camera when you need it?

...soooo, with holidays around the corner, hubby and i have started walking and biking daily just to see if we can shed a few pounds. the weather has been so much better with 82 being the high for the day, so makes it easier to get out there. guess the temps are going up towards the weekend, but if we get out there in early morning (me not so much) and late evening (LOVE when the sun goes down). got 3 months before we make our trip to ohio at thanksgiving time. can hardly wait..

have a good one everybody, sounds like your all busy doing this n that.. hugs..prayers...smiles :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  4:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Yesterday we went to Mackinac City, almost 200 miles from here. Took Olivia with us, she slept all the way there and back. Loved all the new smells of a different place. We brought sandwiches and tuna salad and fruit, and homemade cookies, applesauce raisin, coffee and soda. We went to the park there and ate and walked arounds, went to the gift shop, then went downtown and looked in some of the stores there. This is a big tourist area with Lake Michigan on one side and Lake Heron on the other. It was supposed to rain, but it did not until we were about 55 miles from home. Did not rain here though. We keep missing all the rain, it is either north or south, or east or west of us. We need the rain so bad. The state fair started here last night, but if we go, we will not go until Saturday.
Well, off for the night, I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  9:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, don't even say graduation! I still have to start junior year, I have two more years! Ahh I don't want to think of graduating, that's a crazy thought! I hope your self-haircut looks fabulous (I'm sure it will!)!
Cherime, I'm thirding no injuries this year!
Dianne, thanks for the prayers! And it doesn't sound like the weather around here, it's cooling off here. Thankfully!
Tammy, yay for being connected! I can't wait to see pictures of your new abode!
Patsy, it sounds like you have the perfect area for biking. I wish I lived near more wooded areas and such. It would make running much more enjoyable!
Janet, it sounds like a fun day you had! And I hope you get rain, are you being affected by drought-like conditions? Our grass looked like hay until it started raining.
Well, school is almost here, signalled by the beginning of rugby season. It was a really great practice, already I think it's going to be a good year. All together, it was just a great day! Wishing for wonderful Wednesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  12:43:09 AM  Show Profile

I love all things hearts and I collect heart shaped rocks etc. This was some pine needles
on the ground where I was walking the dog today. I noticed several piles of them yesterday
but it wasn't until today that I noticed one pile was heart shaped. How cool is that?
Like I say..."God just throws his love at my feet!" (+:

I don't know why I am boring you all with my pictures lately ...just something new to share
I guess.

Have you ever seen miniature morning glories before? I haven't but I have these little ones
growing on My Porch (I planted them) but didn't know they would be so tiny. They are just
precious.

Cherime...I am glad that I am not the only Porchie hair whaker. LOL Mine turned out pretty good. And even though I am trained...when you cut your own air and looking at everything in the mirror reverse...not every hair cut is a
good one. LOL I always just shrug my shoulders and say..."Hey, it's only hair...it'll grow back"
And mine grows very fast.

Dianne...10 seconds of rain is like "spit"...not worth anything at all. Not fair! What a scorching summer for most everyone.

Teacher Tammy...yea, your connected again! Oh, bless hubby for finishing the cleaning on the old house for you. He gets lots of Praise and Kudos...for being a good guy!

Wow...brownies and Chocolate tea, how did you know I needed a chocolate fix?
I got an "Emergency
Chocolate Bar" from my Secret Sister this week and when I opened it, it was old and didn't look good. I was so dissappointed cuz it really was an Emergency that night. LOL!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new place.

Hope Registration Night was a huge success.

Patsy...Frontier sounds like they need to come up to the 21 st Century.
Well, even though living in the Mts. isn't so great for Cable Coverage...you have alot of other really Wonderful Perks! The Wild Life along would be all worth it.
Good for you two getting out there on your bikes and getting some excercize. We all need that before the Winter weather hits.

Janet...I have never heard of Mackinac City but it sounds like you had a good time. Who is Olivia?
Your grand-daughter? Sounds like you had a wonderful picnic lunch all prepared for your trip. I remember when I was a kid...my parents always liked going on long rides on the weekends and we would always take sandwhiches and iced tea and cookies etc. Out of three kids I was the only one who enjoyed those family outings. And my DH and I often take long rides...we both enjoy it.

Megan...OK, settle down sweetpea...I retract my "Graduation" comment. I want you to enjoy your last two years to the fullest...but it just seems like yesterday you were starting your freshman year...that's all I'm saying. *giggle*

Today my youngest son (yes, Shane) came and got me to run errands with him...while DH slept the day away. Afterwards he took me to Lunch at The Red Lion on the River. We sat outside and enjoyed their covered patio, and watched the sailboats on the river. And Mt. Hood was poking up out of a layer of haze. It was so nice and relaxing and scenic.

Gotta share something funny. My husband and I went Grocery shopping tonight. He took one cart and I took one cart and we had not made out a grocery list before hand...but he went his way...I went my way and when we met at the check out stand...we had not duplicated one thing that the other had picked out. We do that all the time...and I find it so amazing. We both shop totally differently. I head for the fresh fruit, veggies and canned goods. He heads for meats, frozen foods, dairy and every snack isle. LOL But you put it all together and it is everybit what we need (Minus the snack items).

OK my girlies...I'm off to bed. Sweetest Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  06:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: that would be fun to test out, shopping with 2 carts, hubby don't agree with me, but he thinks we would end up with the same stuff..but he says he'd make sure he had lil debbie's, couple microwave meals, soda...lol
love your pics, don't stop. all growth is being stunted this year because of the weather. my sunflowers never made it up to my shoulder. last year they were over my head.

Frontier showed up at my door at 9am! WHAT!? we were told 1-5 was the time they would show up and they would NOT come inside. This guy knocks on the door, comes straight in to the computer! good grief! then he tells us our problems are because of congestion on the line.. YA THINK? we already knew that! they're supposed to be putting in a new line somewhere next week to help with congestion.

ahhhh Megan, that was a reality check on graduating huh? now the seed has been planted and it will be in your mind. Peggy just means yer shoving us up the ladder with ya, so it's a reality check for all of us.

ok, off for a walk, sorry for venting, but i feel better :) have a great day everybody! hugs,prayers, smiles ;)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  06:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies!

We finished all our 4-H projects and they were judged last night and the kids received blue ribbons on everything they entered! They are excited to go back on Thursday when the fair opens to see who the judges decided to give grand champion to! They really enjoyed their first experience with all the judges.

Today my folks arrive, so I gotta boogey to get the guest room tidied up! Never a dull moment around here!

Enjoy your day ladies!!

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  06:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Mackinac City is on the shore just off a bridge that is 5 miles and very high, connecting lower Michigan and Upper Michigan. There is an Island, a state park that you take a ferry over. There are no motorized vehicles on the Island, only horses and bicycles. A very historical place, indeed. We did not go there, as we have been there hundreds of times. Olivia is our dog, 2 year old Yorkie. She is our baby, so when I talk of Olivia, you know she is a part of our family, only not human.
Megan, my, you are so mature for your age. These next 2 years of high school will be some of the most important ones for preparing you for college. Enjoy them to the fullest. That is great that you like sports and participate in them.
Today looks like another picture perfect day in the 70s, after 44for the low. I love the cool nights, we still use out fan in the bedroom window and blow in all that cold air. Bob freezes, and I am still sweating!! LOL!!! He love me!!!! We still need rain, but now that there is no grass to cut, I am just watering the flower and veggie gardens. I gave up on the lawn. Too big to keep up with watering.
Tammy, That is wonderful that you are now connected again. How did we ever live without the internet before? Glad you will be more settled in before school starts. I bet you do miss your little butterflies.
Patsy, enjoy your bike rides. How great to be able to get out and do that. Good exercise.
Well porchies, gotta go finish my laundry before I go out for breakfast with my sister.
Gledna, hope all is going okay for you. How is your brother doing? Still praying.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning and scoot over I need to sit a spell.

Ok I really don't I didn't do that much yesterday. I did bake some potato bread and some blueberry muffins. DH was into the fresh bread real fast when he got home from work. There are fresh muffins and bread here if anyone needs a snack.

Patsy I love the times we get to head to the woods. There is always some wildlife to see. We get a few deer here in town. Yes this is a small town and the deer wonder in occassionaly. My Dh and I want to buy a place close to the woods but have not found the right one yet.

Janet Makinac City sounds like fun. Sounds like you had a mini vacation.
I know what you mean about the rain. We need it to put out the fires. Today is not as smokey but still not clear.

Peggy your pics are not boring. I love them. I am a fan of all things heart shaped. I love it when God gives me a heart shape where it shouldn't be. Makes me feel loved.

Patsy you are allowed to vent here. It is safe here to vent. That way you can be nice to the repairman and he will be nice to you. Hopefully! I do hope you get you internet all sorted out. We have Quest, sorry, Century Link, here but there are still problems with the conection. I am not sure what century they are linked to. LOL

April congrats to the kids on all the blue ribbions. Let us know who got the grand champion.

Janet our dogs are part of our family too. We have my youngest DS's dog. His name is Griffin. He is more needy than any of my children ever were. You can not love this dog enough. LOL. Buddy, my husbands dog is getting older but still thinks he is a puppy and can run and play all day. Then the next day he can hardly move and lays around and moans. I told my DH buddy sounds just like him. LOL

I best get something done today. Long list but don't feel like doing much. Do any of you have days like that? I am normally doing several things at once. Oh well.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  6:23:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! I've been popping on and off here reading and trying to catch up. I hope you get your job Megan. If I could go back in time I don't know that I would have ever started working. I think I might have done things differently. Mostly concentrate on school. DH and I have been ramping up our Faith activities so it's been keeping us busy. We are getting ready for next month when we have to squeeze in 50 hours of service that we signed up for. I looked at my calendar today and I have 23 free days so it works out to about 2 hours and 5 minutes on each of those days or I can do more or less as long as it adds up to 50 on September 30th. One thing DH and I have learned is when you are improving/increasing in spiritual areas, Satan is also increasing his attacks on you to discourage you. We've had some real disappointments this week and September is still 2 weeks away. The oldest DD is being a real witch to us and DH has been in a heated discussion with his office manager. I will have to let the DD thing go for now and let things cool off. DH doesn't understand why this office manager is all of a sudden causing problems about clocking in when he is a salaried employee. She is too but doesn't clock in. So what is the deal? The boss is out of town all week, too. So I worry that someone may snap and do or say something and he lose his job. I guess I'm just going to mope around a little. I usually don't feel down for too many days. I think I will have some hot tea and go to bed. I hope to catch up on all the pages on Friday.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  7:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I hope things cool down some for you. Hopefully the tea helped you calm down too.
Peggy, I forgot to mention. Mackinac Island is where they filmed Somewhere In Time. It was filmed at the Grand Hotel there. Very historic there.
We are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow. I sure hope to wake up in the middle of the night and hear it raining out. Hubby says no fan tonight, so hope I am not too warm. HAHA!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  06:26:10 AM  Show Profile
It is thundering out, hopefully we will get more than 10 drops of rain today, but the radar is not showing any green here. I hope it decides to rain all day!!! Off here, don't like to be on when it is thundering out. More later, have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  09:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I would just love to go to Mackinac someday - it sounds so lovely!

I've missed you chickies! Been busy running errands, canning peaches, making cheese and cajeta from our extra goat's milk, and today I made some fresh lemonade, sweetened with honey - here, have some!

The weather here has been lovely - cooler with a nice breeze, we've gotten quite a bit of rain and the mornings are pretty dewey - summer is slowly coming to an end. Bring on Autumn, I say! It's my absolute favorite season. :)

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  10:40:31 AM  Show Profile

Here are some of the First Signs of Fall Approaching in my Neighborhood.

Well guess what girls??? I found my Jewelry this morning and I didn't even have to
step foot into my husbands room crammed full of boxes. I didn't even have to throw
the stick of TNT in there and hope for my Jewelry to blow out...You know why?????
Because it was in a box in my closet hidden behind clothes... and worse yet...I now
remember putting it there myself. I would ROFLOL if it wasn't so Pathetic!!! You
think you've looked every where but low and behold it is in that one place you
never thought to even look. I can't even blame it on Fibro Fog or getting old, wish
I could. ~ I did the same thing yesterday afternoon. I about tore my kitchen apart
looking for my 2 cutting boards. One is large...so a little hard to not be able to
see it. Anyway, I was cutting up veggies for Tacos last night and ended up using
a Hot Plate Trivet to cut on. Then after dinner I am putting all the veggies in plastic
tubs to throw in the Frig. and when I went to the designated drawer for all the lids,
underneath them all...was my two cutting boards. *warning...remind self to never move again*

Lindsey...good to have you on The Porch today..we have missed you...but now we see why... you
have been very busy! Hey girl...do you happen to make goats milk soap??? I would order some
from you if you do.

Yeah Janet...hope it rains all day for you today. I will be rejoicing with you...as I melt
in triple digits today and tomorrow. ~ MacKinac Island sounds like a really lovely place to
visit. I love Historic Venues. ~ Thanks for letting me know that Olivia is your dog. I know
that whole baby our animals thing...we do the same with ours.

Julie...sorry that you are in a bit of a *grey cloud over your head* mood today...but everyone
has those times. Yesterday, I was down right cranky from the heat (and Iam the one who has
been wanting a nice warm summer). Go figure! God gives us what we want and we still moan and
complain.

Dianne...glad to know you like those unexpected heart shapes in your days too.
They just always seem to jump out at me, from the most unusual places.

April...so glad the kids got some blue ribbons at the Fair. That had to have made
them feel really good. Did you, yourself enter anything???

Patsy...I am with your hubby when it comes to the Lil Debbie snacks. They are just too
good. Did you ever read The Midford Series of books??? I remember Father Tim...having
a heart attack...and his Church Secretary cleaning out his Snack Drawer of Lil' Debbie Snacks.
I have always believed that no matter what..."If it Tastes Good...you should Spit it out" because
you can bet your bottom dollar in isn't good for you. If it tastes like sawdust...yup, it's
probably healthy for you!!! LOL

Well, I got up and walked Snickers earlier than usual this morning...trying to beat the heat.
Now, I am waiting for DH to get ready so we can do a few things and be back in time to
stay in the AC at the very heat of the day. ~ I also have crafting group tonight. One of the
gals makes home-made Peach Pie every year for another gals birthday...at that is tonight.
She makes the best Peach Pie...ever! My mouth is watering just telling you about it. LOL

OK...off to see the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!! Ha Ha!

Stay Cool Girls...and if you do get rain...go DANCE IN IT!!! And if you
get enough rain to make Puddles...Judy and I will come run through them
with you!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 16 2012 10:48:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  7:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Well, we only got a few drops of rain again, it blew right by us for the umteenth time. All the rain has been going either north or south of us. I guess that is why we are called the banana belt in this area. BUT we do need rain so bad. When we do get some, it probably won't stop until we are sick of it. It is cooler though, 60s during the day and 40s at night. Autumn is in the air, summer is done until next year now.
Getting late and I have to work for the next week for my son, he is going on vacation and mom is there to work the week for him. He wants to get some camping in, but it is going to get cold at night.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  9:17:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Miss Peggy, I'm sorry for the mini freakout! It's just insane to think that I only have two years left. Grade school seems like such a long time ago! Glad that you found your jewelry! And thanks for sharing your pictures, you always upload great pictures! Love ya sister!
Patsy, there's now a seed planted in my head for sure:)
Netty, I start school on Wednesday. And we definitely get homework on the first day, a few of my classes even had summer homework!
Julie, I hope things get better for your DH. Hugs to you!
The past few days have been reality checks that school is starting soon! I had a review session for one of my advanced placement classes this morning, and rugby is also helping me get onto a schedule. But tomorrow my mom and I are going to Irish Fest here, so all summer fun is not lost! I hope everyone has great Fridays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  05:02:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm still popping in and out reading, laughing and praying. It just seems so busy right now with the new hours at work and us starting the school year up agian. Balancing homeschool and work has always been tricky, but I feel like this year is going to go fairly smooth. My DD and I made a new dessert yesterday for her Home Ec. I'll share the receipe after work this evening. It was yummy yummy yummy.
well, morning coffee time is over, time to get cleaned up and ready for work. Have a blessed friday ya'll!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Friday everybody,
SOOO glad you found your jewelry Peggy! Your pic looks like art. what's that green mossy thingy? we have that stuff in our trees. lives on air i guess.
Hubby got a kick out of what you said about "if it tastes good, spit it out"...hubby LOVEs peach pie also, with pumpkin next. lol

Netty: We have our phone and internet thru Frontier. when the signal drops, the movie stops. no matter what you watch, a tv channel or movie on netflix, if ya lose the signal, your done til it comes thru again.

Dianne: had to LOL at your "what century they're linked to" just wish they would come down to earth and get up to date.

well, off for my walk...have a good day gals. should rain tonight, 50% chance, we'll see. got 5 more quarts of beans in the freezer, last of that from the garden. got 7 quarts of tomatoes in the freezer and looks like it might be the last of that too.

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:50:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Got a text from my GF Connie. It is her son Michael that got e-coli. He is doing better and is off the breathing tube. He was able to get up and walk a little. He has a colotomy (spelling?) bag, but he should only need to be in the hospital another week. Please keep praying for him.

Julie I will keep both you DD and DH in prayer. My Dh went through something like that at work. If he can keep his cool, it will probably all work out. The hard part is his "keeping his cool".

Lyndsey thanks for the lemonade. I would love to go to Mackinac to. I love the movie Somewhere in Time.

Peggy LOL I have to laugh with you. The one thing I hate about moving is trying to remember where every thing got put. On one move a freid helped put away my kitchen. It took me a month to find every thing. LOl

We all must be on the same wave length. I was pretty down yesterday. That old devil was giving me fits. But God is triumphant and today is much better. The devil is still working though. My devotional that I read every morning is gone! God called to mind a scripture and it fit today. So God took care of me.

I Have a spinning lesson today, so i best get moving.

Peggy I have about 3 oz of alpaca that I did on the spindle. It is a fine yarn, sock weight. It has a few bumps and lumps as I am still learning. I can send that if you would like to play with it.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  1:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, we went to the library today... I can't help myself when I'm surrounded with so. many. good. books! so here's a picture of my stack...

In my defense, three are my sister’s , three are Mom’s, and though the rest are mine, 12 of them were checked out on a previous trip. Not pictured: two Bon Appétit magazines and 5 DVD’s. Also? I have more books on hold. Eek!

Now, off to make dinner, and a pineapple upside-down cake to take to a family reunion tomorrow!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23

Edited by - .Linz. on Aug 17 2012 1:31:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I doo the same thing Lindsey, I just stopped there and pickup up three more from my hold list and I was there earlier this week and picked up five then. We still have a long list to go and it keeps on growing. I read one book and it references another and there I am putting a hold on it.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  6:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, bet you are glad to get your veggies all done and in the freezer. That is a great accomplishment.
Lindsey, wow, that is alot of books!!!!
I worked today, again tomorrow, and then all next week. I am sure I will be hurting some by the end of the week. I am not used to working every day again. My son is on vacation, camping. Hopefully is is not too cold at night, in the 40s, but in the woods it always feels colder.
Right now I am taping the Hatfields and McCoys. I missed it when it was on the first time, so this time I am making sure I am home to tape all 3 parts. Part 2 tonight.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  12:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Patsy...yes, I am so glad I found my Jewelry too. I was able to wear different earrings and necklace the last two days. That felt pretty good after wearing all gold or all silver for 2 months. I try to color coordinate my Jewelry with my outfit...so, to go two months with the same 4 pieces of Jewelry was wearisome for me. I love variety!!! It is the Spice of Life!

By the way...you better warn Judy that I am sending out The Porch Possie to track her down and drag her back to The Porch. LOL

Dianne...after being so excited about trying the alpaca you are going to think I am nuts turning down your offer...but I can't work with yarn that is sock weight...I have to use bigger needles and heavier weight yarn because of the Arthritis in my hands. But oh my goodness...I so appreciate your generous offer. If you ever get heavier weight let me know.

Lindsey...I use to bring that many books home from the Library and more when my kids were young and I read to them all the time. Now, I am so happy I have a Kindle Fire and don't have to lug big stacks any more. I am not a big fan of The Public Library myself...because it seems like the books I want to read, so do a million other people...and I got tired of being the 186th person to reserve a book. I could read a hundred books before I ever got one from the Library.
It was a godsend when my children were pre-school through Hight School age...but after that...I pretty much never go to a Library any more.

Welcome to The Porch Farmer Judy!! ...I am glad that there are still people that make use of the Public Libraries across the Nation.
We have a brand new Library here in The City of Vancouver and I went to check it out once it was open...and it is a fabulous Facility and I have even gone there to study...because it is peaceful and pleasant there but haven't checked out a book in about 25 years. LOL

Janet...You are so wonderful to work for your son so he can take some Vacation time...but oh, my I do not envy you. Didn't you share that you have
Fibro too?

That Hatfield and McCoys show looked like it was really going to be dramatic. One of the young gals in my Bible Study Married a Young Man in The Service...who is an
Actual decentant of The Hatfield Clan.
Let us know what you think of the Mini Series.

Netty...Man O' Man girl...where did you get all the energy today???? I'm tired just reading what you got accomplished. LOL
It was too hot here to do much of anything the last few days. We all just kind of hung out in the airconditioning as much as possible.

I did run errands with my youngest Son today. And I did manage to walk the dog before it got too bad outside.

Hey Patsy...I finally had my BLT!!! Only I forgot the L when I went to the Store...so I actually had a BAT. Bacon, Avacado, and Tomatoe...it was divine. Actually loved the Avacado better than Lettuce...so it just may become a permanent substitute for my favorite Sandwhich.

Ok my Lovelies...not much more to talk about tonight.

sweetest dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:47:12 AM  Show Profile
I'm here....better late & slow than never, right?

Peggy, glad you found your jewelry. I can't say I'm like you...if I change my earrings too much, I get infection so I just leave them in lol. And necklaces & bracelets don't work well on me (my neck is short & fat unfortunately). So I just put earrings in & that's it.

Netty - grape jelly sounds so yummy!

Megan - How was Irish Fest? That sounds like so much fun!

Dianne (ID) - hope your friends son is doing better.

Lindsey - I like that stack of books! lol I used to get a whole bunch (although I'm not sure I got that many all at once! I couldn't carry them on my bike or walking home from the library!) but when I was growing up, our library was only open on Tuesdays.

Netty - sorry you had to wash your towels again. That sucks. Why do you have to get your field sprayed if you don't like it/don't want it? I try to clean my bathroom at least once a week...but I'm only one person (and a girl!) so it doesn't usually get too icky. I hope you were able to fall asleep. If, for some reason, reading doesn't work for me (it works in the middle of the day!), then I start praying & eventually I do go to sleep. I also listen to a Solitudes CD at night time all night as well (I have a few to choose from lol).

Someone (I can't remember who) wanted the recipes for the cherry jams that I made...here are the links:
cherry pit vinegar
Spiced Cherry Jam
Black Cherry Espresso Jam
I'm also going to attempt to make some cherry salsa today. Since it's nicer weather out than last weekend, I'm going to try re-setting my jam (since it's more like syrup right now), and if it doesn't work, then oh well. It will be syrup.

Thursday evening/Friday weren't my greatest days...but something is a little "off" in my body - I can just feel it. The more I've been reading about chemicals & meds, the less I want to be on them! I know that I will likely have to be on thyroid for the rest of my life, but I'm looking at other options for my PCOS & the 4 meds I'm on for that . Thankfully I'm feeling better today, so hopefully.

Well, I'm off to make some bread, finish my jam, and maybe do some laundry - I should, since it's nice out. I'll check back in later. Have a great morning Porchies!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Hoping for a halfway descent day in order to get some outside work done. The leaves are turning and it won't be long.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page