Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  2:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - Kin are community service groups - here's a link from the KinCanada web page: http://www.kincanada.ca/kinsmen-pages/en/content/11/Fast-Facts It's a pretty good group.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  2:49:43 PM  Show Profile
hahahahaha.....Patsy and I always have a big bag of nanner-pops in the fridge in summer. It's the only thing that feels great going down when it's 90+ out.
Enjoy those and all the chilly foods that you made Sissie!Wish I could come down and get a big bowl of yer tatie-salad! *giggle*
We are 86/sunny/breezy with storm clouds rolling in as we speak(6PM)! Spose to really cool off this week. Down to upper 60's....ya....we'll see. lol
Have a great Sunday Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 24 2012 2:56:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  5:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies, been pretty slow on the forums lately, everyone is so busy with gardening, yardwork, housechores, etc. The heat that you have been having does not help either. Here it was pleasant today, 71 and breezy, actually felt a little cool. We live close to the lake, so the winds are usually cool unleass they are coming from the west. I worked outside most of the day, after grocery shopping, weeded the veggy garden, added more sides to the potatoes, watered the gardens, even though we had rain during the night, it was still a bit dry, so gave the gardens a drink. Everything is growing so well right now. The strawberries are out here now, a couple weeks early. They are supposed to be really nice this year, but I still have so many in the freezer from last year and I need the space for tomatoes this year. Wish we could get watermelons cheaper around here, right now they are $8.99 for a small one, no big ones to be seen. All fruits here are so expensive, and most come from Mexico. Our season is too short for most fruits.
Hope you are all fairing well in the heat and staying cool. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile
I have A strawberry!!!!! Just one so far, but I think there are a few more coming!!! I will try to post a picture of it - not quite sure how it will work lol, but I'll get it!

Didn't do a whole lot today, after Friday night, I needed a couple of days to recuperate! lol Although I did do laundry, and I did fold & put the clothes away, as well as make my bed. So it wasn't a complete loss of a day. Just nothing too productive - like dishes lol. Oh well. It always looks like way more than there is on my counter.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Jun 24 2012 6:31:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  6:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I love first fruits!
They are exciting and the most satisfying. Enjoy your first berry!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  10:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...
We have been having FUN!!! Miss Madeline said today "Ganmama I want you to stay for a year because we
Love you!" Naomie has learned how to say Ganma which is so cute since she just turned one. She doesn't warm
Up to people easily but she finally loves her ganma and wants to come to me all the time. It has taken an entire year but was well worth the wait. It is amazing how two little girls have their grandmas whole heart. Hook line and sinker. I raised 3 boys and always thought I was better with boys...but I am loving having girls to spoil. I think their parents are going to need to lock them up about the time they turn 12. They are so pretty and both strong willed girls.

Hope you all forgive me for short posts and not addressing each of you but typing with one finger on my Kindle
Fire is time consuming and so very slow. I am reading all your posts and keeping up on your lives.

Hugs
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  05:09:06 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday! I hope every enjoys the day.
My little brother is getting married on the 4th of July and his bride to be (sweet, sweet girl, I just love her) asked me to make a wedding quilt. She wants one with open blocks for her wedding guest to sign, sort of a replacement for a guest book- a guest quilt. I have a little more than a week and a long ways to go. But I'm loving it. I'll try to post a picure of it.

Well, break time is over, everyone enjoy your coffee/tea and sweets! And try to stay cool!

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  06:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, the guest quilt is a wonderful idea!
I spent the weekend at my mom's with my two kids. My sister and her family were visiting from Chicago. We had a wonderful time! Went to the peach orchard and bought some peaches for my sister to take back with her.
Finally got to go to Hobby Lobby and pick up some embroidery floss. It's a shame that the closest place to buy sewing stuff is an hour away. But now that I'm home with the kids this summer I thought I could get some crafting done.
I understand completely about the depression. Winter is not a good time for me either! Don't be afraid to get help for it! My father in law had depression really bad but he wouldn't get help because he was afraid he'd lose his FOID card and wouldn't be able to work on guns anymore. He ended up committing suicide.
I had sun poison once on a trip to Texas. It was horrible! I have had one skin cancer removed from my face and have to be very careful in the sun!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  07:44:49 AM  Show Profile
Judy
Eureka doesn't get above 65 most of the year...that's its average temp. In among the Redwoods.
Have a great day everyone.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  08:04:55 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I go to a family reunion for the weekend and fall behind with my family here! The trip went well though. Ric made a good impression on the people who hadn't met him yet, so that helps.

So tired today...I envy everyone's productivity!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  09:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy MOnday everyone,
It is the coolest day we are to have this week. So I best check my strawberries this evening. Hubby said there looked to be some for picking. We have are going to the bank this afternoon to apply for loan for our house. We now have a contract on our current house so it is sold and we will close late July or early august on it. I am beginning to get a bit excited here. My dear grandson is coming on Wednesday and I can't wait to just love him right up.

Judy I have to ask what are nanner poppers? I may need some of those by weeks end. Inquiring minds would like to know. You know me curious to no end...hahahahah

Peggy so glad you are having a wonderful time with your granddaughters...just love them and have some grandma fun

Alyce so glad your reunion went well.

WEll the dryer is calling my name oh how I wish it was the teakettle instead..hehehe so I best skedaddle for now.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  5:01:58 PM  Show Profile
I've managed to keep myself busy.

Plus I had my other two to babysit today, and I picked and snapped green beans. Our first real picking of the season!
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  6:49:04 PM  Show Profile
Yum, pickles!

Thanks for the prayers about that job offer - decided not to take it because I just didn't feel settled and at peace about it. So still looking for a farm-hand job... :)

Been super busy so I haven't had too much computer time. Getting ready for my friend's wedding in a week and a few days - it's a July 4th wedding :D Fun but sad because they're moving to AL for at least 5 years... (Groom is from AL) I'll definitely miss my Nina! But she'll be happy so it's all good.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  7:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca, wow!! You were a busy gal today!!!! Looks very nice.
Lindsey, that is good that you did not take a job that you were not sure of. I am sure you made the right decision.
Tammy, I bet you will be so relieved when the house stuff is all done and you are moved and settled. Do you have a garden now?
Shanda, that guest quilt sounds like a very good idea. That will definitely be an heirloom. A very nice keepsake.
Alyce, so glad you had a great weekend at the reunion.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  08:13:33 AM  Show Profile
Blessings to all. Popped in for a moment. Two bazaars scheduled for Sat. Way toooooo busy. Hugs all around.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  08:17:20 AM  Show Profile
Morning, girls! *dusting off apron, kicking mud off boots* I have been absent for quite a while, and so I haven't read any posts to catch up.... the move is still ongoing, Josh and I are supposed to go tomorrow and finish cleaning the trailer and moving out. I am so ready to be settled in the new house!

We went to Lubbock last weekend to go see family and friends and pick up a bed my future in-laws bought from a couple who are essentially like Josh's grandparents. We had a lot of fun and were surprised to find it's rained quite a bit in Lubbock, recently! When I got home, one of my coworkers told me it looked like we'd been mudding!

The dogs came with us, and we found that my Catahoula, Train, is quite the escape artist. Sunday evening we (me, my fiance Josh, and our friend Jeff who grew up in Lubbock) put Train in the pen next to the goats and donkey behind Ma and Pa's house, and went driving around. Pa had built this pen, and is known for making very secure pens, BUT around the time we got done driving around, Josh's mother called. Apparently, Ma hadn't written down Josh's new phone number and called my future MIL to tell her the dog had somehow gotten out of the pen, and was standing at the back porch, but would not come in when she asked him to. He came in when I told him, but not for anyone else.

The next day, when we went to go see family friends, and decided to tie his leash to a rope and tie the rope to the post out front. When we got back, he was happily trotting around with the 3 inches of remaining leash still attached to his harness. He had not left Ma and Pa's yard, but had managed to CUT... not chew, CUT the leash. We think he scraped it against something and nicked it enough to snap it loose. None of the neighbors would have cut it, so we know it was my little Houdini.

That evening, Josh and I had supper with one of his childhood friends, and we tethered his harness to the wench on the front of Pa's Kabota, knowing he wouldn't be able to snap the cable or unlock the hook. When we got home, he stood there, tail wagging, nekkid as a jaybird.... he'd wiggled out of his harness.

The funniest part of it is that he NEVER left their property. The closest he came was Tuesday morning when we were getting ready to leave. I was taking the trash out to the dumpster, and as I rounded the path back to the house, on the other side of a fence covered in trumpet vines, Train caught a glimpse of me and darted toward the road (never in it, just toward it so he could greet me with slobbery kisses).

We had a great time in Lubbock, and frankly, I don't care what anyone says. I love that town. Then again, I'm a Texas Tech fan and I love the people there. I don't even mind dust devils and haboobs!

Well, anyway, we're settling into the new house, and feeling at home. I am calming down a lot and not stressing as much, which is such a blessing. The drive isn't nearly as bad as everyone had said it would be, and the gas is about the same as driving a SHORTER distance from the trailer because we're not having to stop all the time for slow motorists and red lights. There's no noisy neighbors, and I have random food growing everywhere in my yard!

When I went to the house the first time by myself, I went to check the water meter, and there were HONEY BEES living in the meter box! Unfortunately, they had to get rid of them, but at least we know we could raise honey bees if we wanted! The next day, I went out to the yard and discovered that one of the trees is a pear tree! That evening, we found several squash plants bearing fruit around the yard. There are TONS of sunflowers about to go to seed, and a Mulberry tree in the corner just outside the fence!

OH YES...I can not recall if I had mentioned Josh's find in the kitchen drawer... 3 bibles, one of which was given to the homeowner by his wife before they were married. It had a metal cover and on the inside was a card bearing his name, stating it had been given to him by his wife (her maiden name) in 1944. He carried it to war with him. I had tried and tried to get a hold of their son, who sold us the house, but couldn't seem to find a good piece of contact info. The water co-op was looking for the information, as well, and so I finally came across it and emailed it to the girl at the co-op. She mentioned the bibles to him, and how concerned I was to get them back to him. According to Heather, he had left those bibles on purpose... his mother told him that if he ever sold a house, the bibles stayed there. We intend to put them in a box where they can be protected, and still touched and used.

We have been so very happy, even with the struggles (for example, our air conditioner has been out since LAST tuesday, thank God for window units) and I see a change in Josh, too. We both feel more calm, more happy, more at ease.

Once we get settled, I will be working on that wedding dress!!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!! I will try to catch up with everyone soon!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  08:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Shanda- I think that is a lovely idea for the quilt. What a perfect memory for them.

Rebecca- Nice pickles!

Hi Cherime!

Miranda- Nice to hear from you. I was wondering how things were going with your new house. Your little Trainy Houdini is very naughty! Ha ha. I didn't know Lubbock got haboobs. I've seen pics of them in Arizona. They look very scary like God is coming down on you. What a great find with those Bibles. I have several old family bibles, one in German, and I cherish them all.

Well, after catching up on all the reading, I had better get up and get some things done. Going to cook up some tomatoes and onions and get them canned. I gotta figure out some kind of menu and shopping list and have to get some bible study done in between all that. Lastly, I'm happy to report a secret I've been keeping from you ladies. Hee hee. We have 3 successful baby bunnies! They've passed their 2 week mark and are all fur balls and eating a little grass. We are so happy we finally got some to live. I need to get a pic to post for you.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Yay for baby bunnies, Julie!!! Yes, post pics when you can!!

As for the haboobs, they're not AS common in Lubbock, but do hit! We got flat run over by one last time we were out there. It looked like MARS!!!

And yes, when it comes to staying tied up, Train can be VERY naughty. But, he's generally a good dog, especially considering his "upbringing". I went to get his food bowl that he flung out into the yard this morning and he TORE off like a race horse!!

THAT REMINDS ME!!!! The little brat took off with one of my boots the other day! It had rained that morning and that afternoon, I'd gone out to pick mulberries. Our land is mostly black gumbo (kind of like a black clay) so my boots were COVERED in it. I didn't want to track that all over the carpet, so I left my boots on the front porch. That evening, I went to let Train in, and looked out to the south to see something blue in our yard, wondering what it was. Sure enough, it was the shaft of one boot sticking out of the grass!!! He thought it was a toy, or something. He didn't chew or destroy it... just flung it into the yard.

Well, I'm waiting for 4 PM to get here so I can get home and hope the AC guys actually fix the air tonight. It's been nearly a week with no AC and it's 105 today!!

Plus, I think I'm going to make chicken fried steak tonight for supper. It's either that, or grilled chicken wings. We shall see and I will report in the morning!

Well y'all, going to go read some stuff about a local bank robber. Ugh... our trial is coming up in about two months. Dreading it, but once it's done, it's done. The approaching anniversary and trial have made us all a bit more watchful, which is good, because a known bank robber was seen at the Frost bank across the street from us last week!!

Talk to y'all soon!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  7:04:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, farmgirl friends!
Peggy-So glad you are loving Seattle. Aren't grandbabies the best!
Tracy- I'm glad to hear you're feeling better after last winter! Spent many winters that way myself. The good days are such a blessing. We hung pie tins from string on the pole bean frame in the garden. The shiny, pans swing in the breeze and keep the crows out of the garden. At least I haven't seen one since my "Mr. Darcy" hung them. Before that I was chasing them off several times a day! I also have a wire fence around my little garden. It doesn't have to be real high, but otherwise the deer will go in. We have stymied them by tying yellow "Danger" tape all the way around the top of the fence. Haven't had a deer in the garden since! Now, I don't think they can read...but somehow the flutter of the tape must keep them out.
Pam- Sounds like your Kinette Club outing was alot of fun! I had never heard of that before. So, appreciated the link to their site, along with Patsy's explanation.
Janet- We are still hoping to check out Iron Mtn., MI! I love the cool weather! When people ask why we might move there..I tell them I heard they have a great Ben Franklins!
Shanda- The quilt blocks idea sounds wonderful! I'd love to see a pic?
My oldest DGD actually suggested that for her wedding (someday)! It would be great to see how it works. Good luck!
Rebecca- your pickles look wonderful! So, Fresh!
Cherime- good luck with your bazaars! Sounds like you are busy, busy!
Miranda- What is a haboob? I think your trip to Lubbock sounds great! As big as TX is..that is one place I haven't been to yet. Your new yard sounds full of surprises. As well as your critters.
Julie- Congrats on your bunnies! I would love to give you a few more as I have a new family trying to burrow under the garden fence.

Well, I'm off to read before bed. Painted on the outside of the house today..just a little tuckered. Also, bought the last of the supplies for DGS's grad/farewell party on Sat. He will leave for basic trng. soon.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 26 2012 7:06:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  7:48:15 PM  Show Profile
Evening Ladies!
It's our 13th wedding anniversary tonight, so I will be brief, so as not to cut into our snuggle time!
My father was in town so we insisted that he come to our house for dinner, both of us cooked up a storm, me in the kitchen, and DH at the grill. We had a wonderful meal and visit with my Dad!
Dishes can wait, snuggles can't.
Good night!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  05:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Judith, Iron Mountain is only an hour away from me. They have warmer weather than we have though, because they are inland and we are surrounded buy lake Michigan. That would be great to move there, I know you would love the area.
Tracy, Happy Anniversary!!!! Sounds like you had a great one with your dad.
I will be working the next 4 days, so will be tired, not sure how much posting I will be doing, but know that I at least read what everyone writes on here and try to stay caught up with all the going ons. I will post when I can, even if they are short ones, know that you are all in my mind and heart.
Have a wonderful day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  08:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Morning My Porchies
Yesterday was a fun day....got my hair cut (which it badly needed)...then we went to Theo's Chocolate Factory and you could sample everything...went to Farmers Market where my son bought me a gorgeous bouquet of mixed flowers. I also bought one birthday gift for Madeline's big day at the end of the month. Then last night after the
girls were in bed...we had some wine and chocolate and watched a movie.

Not sure what we will do today...there is a very cool Garden Art Store I would like to check out. The other day we
Went to a really cool Plant Shop and we found this awesome Tropical plant that has verigated purple irridesant leaves...my son loved it so much that I bought him one...Shane one and me one...then got us each ceramic pots in our favorite colors.

It is finally a nice day here. It so far has rained every day. I have learned one thing while I have been here and that
is that I am going to need to sleep for about a week when I get home. Lol. Iam too old to chase after a one year old for 4 or 5 hours per day. I only wish I still had that kind of stamina.

Well I am thinking about you all and praying for you all too. Have a wonderful day and be a blessing to some.

Blessings and hugs
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  09:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning, y'all!

Josh and I ended up dragging our old queen sized matress out of the guest room and using it in the living room so we could get some sleep and not melt. I'm so livid with this warranty company, I don't even want to talk about it.

Judith, in answer to your question, a haboob is a great big dust storm that blows across the Llano Estacado. Lubbock doesn't see many of them, they mostly happen in New Mexico, but last fall, it made national news! When we were there, it looked like a big squall line in the horizon.... but it was RED!!! When the wind finally died down enough to walk in it, we went to the Walgreens, and someone else remarked that it was like walking on Mars!

And people from Austin always rib me about Lubbock, but I do love it out there. Maybe it's the hawk nature in me, but I love the wide open skies, and the people are friendly. Plus, I'm a Texas Tech fan. It was one of two schools I'd planned to look into when I thought about going to college.

We're hoping to be out of the Trailer all together tonight. Need some prayers on that!! My nerves are so shot from everything going on, I might end up hiding in the shed, or in the cornfield with the rabbits!!!! I suppose I must remember my mantra... "Ever Onward". What else can we do at this point?

I hope everyone is doing well. One of my friends (former coworker, who trained me when I started workinghere) brought me two big containers of figs from her trees this morning. I DO so love good figs! Not sure what I will do with them yet, but I will figure something out!

And I picked pears last night. I figure in a couple of days, they should be ready to eat!

Anyway, I will check in again later, if I have the chance. Take it easy, ladies!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  2:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, WOW! 65 degrees, Mama would love, love, LOVE that!Gonna tell her. *giggle*
TLTammy, nanner-pops are just banana popcicles, that's just what Patsy&I call 'em! heehee
Rebecca, Wow, look at all those cuke slices and yummy pickles.*drooling*
Hi Mirnda, good to see you again on the porch. I'm happy for you that you had fun with Joah's folks...even if that pup of yours wasn't cooperating with the plan. hahaha Those Bibles were quite a find. How Wonderful....and for them to be left on purpose is soooo sweet! I am so Thankful to the Lord that you and Josh are so happy there!
acccckkkkk....a bank robber....THAT close???EEEKKKKK!
Julie, glad to hear that the baby bunnies are doing well. Can't wait to see pics again.
Thanks for explaining what (haboobs) were. I was lost.
Julie, BIG HUGS for you because I know that you'll miss that GS of yours when he goes!
Tracy, Happy 13th Anniversary! I like how you incorporated (Dad) into it. We do that with my Mom too! Those that are alone now appreciate the little remambrances! We just celebrated our 6th Anniversary on the 20th. We've been Best-Friends for 26 years though...and still are!!! ..."Dishes can wait...Snuggles can't"...I like that! *giggle*
Peggy, to tell you the tooth...er...truth...*giggle*...so glad you are having fun. I am Praying that God will grant you some extra stamina!
Well, that's all the news that is news from these parts!
Make it a Great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies
I'm in the great GREEN north visiting my family. Oh how I love Canada. Having a great time seeing everyone and drinking in the lush green color. It's refreshing my soul. Kids are having a blast and loving being able to walk through the grass with no worries of snakes. Saw a cow moose and her new calf, gave her LOTS of space. Seeing deer everywhere. A few bears. Saw a couple of foxes and then there's the coyotes!! My mom has an awesome Norweigen Elkhound that I have fallen in love with. Threatened to steal her but she'd die in the heat so she'll have to stay here. *sigh* Leaving tomorrow to start my two day drive. Coming home with my TRUCK!!!! Daddy is giving me his Dodge Cummins one ton, dually, crew cab..... ooooh so excited. Six gears to shift through and all that rumbling power.

Nikki Nik (her real name is Nikki but she just needed a nick name

My parents' house. It looks like a Swiss chalet. I just love it.

View from my parents' house. See my round corral where I used to worked with my horses?

This was my woodshed. See the pretty wild rose bush?

This is the road I took to visit my friend in Goodlow (where my Daddy grew up). The Beatton River runs through the valley and I grew up riding my horse through the Beatton Hills to visit my friends in Cecil Lake. GOOD memories.

Okay, enough. I'll stop pestering you all with my photos and memories.

Blessings to all,

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page