Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, what an awesome place to grow up. So glad you were able to make the trip with the kids. I love the sound of a diesel truck myself. I can't imagine owning anything else.

Peggy, sounds like you are having a wonderful time with GDs. Sorry about the rain. I would love it myself. The weather here so far has been really nice. A few rainy days but in the 70's and perfect.

Netty, 110 degrees!! Not Fun! I know there is a terrible heat wave going through the midwest and eastern states. I would worry about your mom and that terrible heat with no electricity. I hope it doesn't stay off long.

Miranda, hope your move goes well. I know how stressful it can be to get it all done. Hang in there.

I put my new Etsy store online today. I have so many things I have made this last year and taking pictures in the basement has been not working out so well. So I went outside. My mom has a piney looking tree out back and I just hung stuff off of it and took the pictures that way. Hopefully something will come of it. I have so much more to do! Amazing how long it takes to put just 4 little items on. Anyway, I put my site links at the bottom. I'm starting a new blog too. It is after my orange tabby, Alex. He is into everything and such a big help when I sew. It was easy to use him as a subject. I'm trying to think of ways to cash in on his wonderful personality.

Anyway, I'm starving. I forgot to eat lunch I was having such a good time today.

Later All!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  5:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Just stopping by to say hello to everyone! Happy 13th Anniversary Tracy,
Have a wonderful and try to stay cool there
love
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  6:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversary Tracy!
Beautiful pictures Kimberly!
Netty, We are supposed to be up in the hundreds for the next week! It's strange though because the air is so dry it's more tolerable. It's usually so humid you can't breath! We are in a severe drought in Southern Illinois but at least it's not like Colorado. I feel so sorry for them

Nothing is impossible!
The word itself say's
"I'm posssible!--Audry Hepburn
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  6:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Just stopped by to say don't forget to sign up for the reuseable bag swap.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  9:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- I like your shop. I will stop by there from time to time. Cute quilt. I tried the chocolate tea the other afternoon and it was delicious! I picked up the tea to send for my tea month in August. I hope everyone will like them.

Netty- Aren't those temps disgusting? I had a headache all afternoon because I worked in the garden from 8-11. It's just too darn hot. I'm starting to cull plants to keep and those that just won't make it much longer.

Kimberley- Glad to hear from you. Nice pics!

Janet- Hope your 4 days go by quick!

Tracy- Happy Anniversary!

Well, I'm off to look at my magazine. I found it at Tractor Supply. It's called Romantic Prairie Style. It's to die for! I hope they keep making it. It's very farm girl, etc. I think I have dog eared every page with ideas for decorating. Told DH we will HAVE to go to an upcoming auction for some furniture pieces. Don't know about you girls, but when every time I look on my local Craigslist there's nothing good to upcycle or repurpose. Le sigh...

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  06:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, lovely ladies!

Kimberly, those are some beautiful pictures! Glad you are having a good time.

Tracy - Happy (belated) Anniversary!

Julie - that sounds like a good magazine!

Yesterday I recovered my desk chair... it was just your standard black office chair and it was starting to get pretty worn along the edges. Found some fun fabric for 4.50 a yd at Wal-Mart, so I got a yard, took the chair apart, stretched and stapled the new fabric over the old, and ta-da! New chair for $4.50. I love it!

I'm off to bake 96 cupcakes in preparation for one of my best friend's wedding... I'm baking half, her aunt is baking half and decorating them all. The wedding is next Wednesday - she's always wanted a July 4th wedding as it's her favorite holiday. It's going to be a wonderful day!

Then later this afternoon I have to take my van in for inspection - going to take along the new issue of Hobby Farms that came in the mail yesterday so I can have something interesting to look at while I wait.

Have a great day and stay cool!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  09:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Julie, thanks for checking out my new shop. I plan on adding more stuff today. I keep forgetting to take pictures of the back of my quilts. Thankfully the weather has been wonderful, so I'm headed outside again today with the camera.
Your magazine sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can find it here. Have fun at the auction.

Lindsey, good for you on redoing your chair. So nice to make something new again, and so easy.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  07:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I guess everyone is busy this week. I'm trying my best to stay un-busy. I'm just doing the usual house stuff and keeping the normal routine going. But who knows! Today might be the day I rip the carpet in the hall way out. Just never know what will happen on a Friday :D. I've been gathering things for my tea month and it makes me feel all giggly and silly. All kinds of fun things out there. Have a great day girls!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  09:43:39 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I know the color. Alaska has so many shades of green it is amazing. And it is do great to not have to worry about snakes.
Bunny great store. I want to get one done maybe toward fall.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  09:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Morning Lovelies
It is over cast in Seattle today as it has been most of the week. I go home tomorrow and I must say that I am ready.
I have loved being here but I Max out in about 7 days from being gone. And my DH hates for me to be gone at all.
When I am gone he works all day and then comes home and goes to bed early. (The poor dog hates that routine) lol

Yesterday I discovered Vietnamese Soup called Pho that I just loved. It was so filling. I got mine with beef but you
could get chicken or intestines or a million other choices. I didn't feel overly adventurous. They give you a plate of Basil - sprouts-lime wedges and hot peppers to add to your soup and then a rack of hot sauce and plum sauce too.
If you want to sweat and have your nose drip into your soup...just add lots of that hot stuff!!! LOL

Now it is raining...that's Seattle for you. Going to baby girls Dr. Apptmnt. this afternoon. I guess because of the Kawasaki disease they cant give her some of her routine baby shots. Not sure exactly why but must interfere with
Her treatment for the disease. You can tell she is feeling better as she is into everything today. Lol

Can you believe next week is the fourth of July already????? I get to start moving into the Apt. in 2 weeks. I am so excited about the setting up the new home...but not so much cleaning up of the house we are moving out of. Yuck!

Anybody have fun plans for the 4th besides Ruthie? I think just staying home sounds wonderful to me. Hee
hee!

Well hope you all have a wonderful day. Talk at ya tomorrow night from home.

Hugs and blessings
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 29 2012 10:47:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  7:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Short post tonight, still working for my son, then tomorrow after work help him pack and haul everything back from the flea market. I told him tonight to sell it all tomorrow so we won't have 5 loads like we did yesterday!!!! It has been so hot, 96 both yesterday and today. We are not used to that kind of heat here. We don't have air, so it makes it very hard to sleep. Wouldn't you know there is no breeze when you want one?
Will be late tomorrow when we get done, so probably won't hear from me until Sunday.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  06:29:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and Happy Saturday to everyone. Coffee is hot and creamy, I just wish I had made up some gooey breakfast rolls to go with it.

Happy Anniversary Tracy!

Netty it has been 110 almost everyday here, yesterday I think it just got above 100, but yeah really hot!

Peggy sounds like you're having all kinds of fun, but I agree with you - there's no place like home.

I went out on my little bitty porch this morning to water the plants and I saw a really big cricket. And that really big cricket made me feel like I was back in the country. If I just kept my eyes on my little porch area, not looking around at all the other apartment, cars and such, and block out all the noise from the highway I can get that country feeling. Deep breath, ah there we go!

I've been working on a wedding quilt for my brother's big day (this 4t of July) and I have the center put together. I hope to get some embroidery done on it this weekend. The quilt is going to be a signature quilt, so I planned to bring the precut squares to the wedding and lay them out for people to sign, then put the quilt together with alternating pieced blocks in her wedding colors, I'm kind of constructing it Round Robin style (oh wouldn't a Round Robin be fun to do for a Swap!) Anyway, the wedding was to be a small family thing with about 20ish people. My future SIL sent out invitation to friends as keepsakes and several of them called to ask to go to the wedding! Now she has over 50 people rsvp-ed! Poor thing, she has to redo the setting for the service and order more food and drinks for the reception! My problem isn't has huge as hers, but now I have to plan for 50ish signature blocks instead of 20ish. I'm thinking of changing the blocks from squares to rectangles, and doing a kind of a brick laying design, with alternating wedding color blocks. I think it will look good.
Well, I guess I need to get working on it, and clean house, and get laundry done, and get ready for vacation. Oh yeah, I turned 40 yesterday. Life is good!

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  09:13:19 AM  Show Profile
Just dropped in to say I got a house. It's in the south part of Newport, just south of the bridge, 3 minutes to the cetner of town (well, prob 5 or so in summer.) Moving in a couple weeks. I'm pooped.

Say, y'all got up to page 543! Turn my back and look what happens.
Please pray for me for focus and strenght and discipline re packing. sigh.
love
nan
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  11:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Nam, good for you! Did you buy something or rent it? Take your time. Moving is hard work!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  12:58:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for all the nice anniversary well wishes! Hubby and I are very happy.

Nam, congrats on the new house!

Happy 40th Shanda, there's a "farmgirls in their 40's" forum somewhere around here.

I'm happily pecking away at my laptop in the Public Library. Dog is at the groomer's so I get to hang out here and enjoy a high speed internet. Woo-Hoo!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  09:18:01 AM  Show Profile
Happy July everyone! Stay safe in this warm weather!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  09:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!

Peggy- I'm so glad I read about Pho soup with intestines first thing this morning, Not! It did remind me we have a Thai restaurant around here that everyone raves about. I may have to take the family by there today.

Nan- Congratulations on your house! Ha ha, weren't we just celebrating getting to page 500?

Here's a pic of my hillbilly family! This is what happens when I go to work. They are all excited because they killed a snake.

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  09:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
Just want to stop to say I hope everyone is doing well. Hope you all are enjoying your summer fun. Please try to stay cool.
Happy Birthday to all the birthday girls. Happy Anniversary to all those celebrating many years of love. I let you that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
I won't on here for a week. As were going out of town camping. While away were going to look at a house since it's cheaper to buy instead of build. We will have to see what God instore for us. Today is busy getting all the wash done,food ready and baking done. Everyone have a great 4th of July. Stay safe and have a wonderful week.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  10:10:56 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann, have a wonderful camping trip! See you when you get back.

Praying for everyone in the aftermath of the eastern storm. Hope you all are safe!

Sewing today on my jacket. It's time to quilt all the panels. Hope I don't mess everything up. I haven't done much freeform quilting on my sewing machine. I have been procrastinating because I'm a big Chicken!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  11:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy 4th everyone, stay safe and have fun. don't forget the sunscreen.

Happy Anniversary Tracy.

Happy Birthday Shanda...I love crickets chirping.

Congrats on the house Nan! take your time.

Julie, that snake looks like it needed killed...*shivers*

Ruthie Ann: stay safe, have fun and good luck on the house looking.

Bunny: I know you can, I know you can, I know you can..just keep saying that. :)

Never knew just how bad that storm was til my daughter called, crying because she was so scared. we started praying for their safetly.she and her sis with their families were camping near cambridge,ohio when a ranger told them to pack up and go because a very bad storm was coming. it was 103, but they got loaded and left and it hit them, very fierce wind, stuff flying. she was breaking up so bad on her cell phone but we figured it out and prayed for their safe return home. she called later to say they made it and she had never been so scared in her life. the other daughter said when she got home, they had been without electricity from 6pm to 3am. she threw open windows and doors to cool it down, but it was an apt complex so it took awhile.

DH's sister had gone to Ohio and was bringing her daughter down for a month's visit and on their way through Princeton,W.Va, she said the rest area looked like a refugee camp because they had been trying to find food and gas and nothing was open due to no power anywhere.all vending machines were getting emptied, long lines to the bathroom etc.they made it in safely last night, bet they have some stories to tell. that was one wicked storm that started out west and never lost power til it ended and what a mess for several states.

well, going for now, take care, stay safe til we meet again.
hugsnsqueezles :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  1:14:30 PM  Show Profile

CELEBRATE OUR FREEDOM PORCHIES...

It is sooooo good to be back home. My first day to sleep in and I was wide awake at 9:00 am. Now I know for some of you girls that IS sleeping-in but not for this girl. That is early for me. LOL

Nan...I am so excited for you that you found a place. Oh, what a relief huh? I will tell you the same thing everyone else is...take it easy and don't kill yourself over the move. We want pictures when you get a chance.

Ruthie Ann...have a Wonderful time at the Lake Cabin Camping. That sounds like such a FUN week! A lot of work packing up and un-packing when you get home...but so worth it in-between.

Bunny...I love your Curious Orange Cat site. I checked it out while I was in Seattle. That will be a fun little blogging journey to make with both your cat and your friends.
Can't wait to see your jacket.

Tracy...hope you had a lovely Anniversary.

Shanda...hope your birthday was memorable and fun.
I love birthdays that stretch out for about a week.

Patsy...oh, I have been so worried for those in the path of that storm!!! Glad your daughter and family are fine. And husbands sister too.

And the intolerable HEAT WAVE many of you are having to endure...makes me not want to complain of our rain and low temps here.
We haven't had summer yet. We are still in the 50's and 60's here with a very rare day in the 70's and 80's.
We set an all time record for the lowest
temps and rainiest June in our history keeping weather records.
By midweek we are suppose to see some sunshine and moderate temps.

Hey Teacher Tammy, Megan, Judy, Miranda and others...we are kinda missing you on The Porch!!! I know everyone is busy during the summer but hey, even I posted from Seattle difficult as it was! LOL

Kimberly...looks like you are having a great Vacation at your folks. Love the dog and the home where they live. Bet the kids are loving the visit too.

Julie...were you trying to out gross my intestines with your families snake??? LOL Looks like your daughter is thoroughly freaked by it. Ha Ha!!!

Well, Ladies...have a Special 4th of July no matter what you plan to do. I plan to keep my dog from going crazy from the loud fireworks. He gets a bit worked up! And probably enjoying the Neighbors lighting off stuff! I like to watch Patriotic Celebrations on TV also.

Stay Safe and Have Fun!

By the way girls in the Tea Swap...I am the one sending out for July. I am working on it in
between packing to move and going back and forth to Seattle.

Prayers going out to all of our Farmgirls (and Nation) affected by the horrible heat and storms.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  5:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Finally done working the 4 hot days for my son. I am beat. Used to working only on Fridays and a couple of hours on Wednesdays.I think I am getting too old to do all that. We had to help him set up and tear down, plus he went to an auction and bought 2 trailer loads of furniture that we helped haul. We finally got done at 9:30 last night, then we had to eat supper, I ordered a pizza and had it delivered. It was so nice out we ate out on the patio. Today was 81 after 3 days of 96. Felt so much better. We do not get many hot days like this, especially so early in the season.
Hope all are doing well. Will catch up with all of you tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  07:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Exhausted from the heat here...today Ric finds out whether or not he still has his job (new owners for the company). He has a new computer password, so....

I hope everyone is staying cool!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  11:10:05 AM  Show Profile
Well leaving tomorrow in the am . Family Im a nanny for had an emergency and needed me to come in. So I did . No harm done just adjusted our stay.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  12:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Porchie Chicks!Got another hot/humid/maybe stormy day(again)today! ~ugh~ When it storms though it drops all the way from 95 to 70....gotta love that! ~whew~ Like Patsy said, we've had some nasty storms.Down where my 2 nieces live,in southern Oh,it seems to be worse....poor kids!
Happy belated birthday Shanda!Hope you had a GREAT one!
So much moving going on.Wow!
Mama wants to move back to this town closer to me and within walking distance of the grocery. Could I make that a Prayer request to you Gals? We have been Praying,but more hands clasped together&faces raised Heavenward in her behalf doesn't hurt, does it? Where she lives is just getting too rowdy for an 84 Y.O. with poor eyesight and hearing loss. Thanks Gals! You're the BEST!
Sorry I made you worry Peg. With all the storms,high 90's and losing my last pet rat,I've not been feeling like chatting. Again...sorry! I've been spending a lot of time at our local library or at Mama's so I can stay cool. I have a/c in the bedroom, but during the day....nothing. I'm just glad that we still have electricity...some don't.We are spose to have 90's all this week! ~AAAccckkk!!!
Well that's it for me!
Keep cool Porchies....don't move any faster than you have too...and keep a popcicle in your hand at all times!!! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page