jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Mega, it has been awhile since you have been on here, we have missed you. Hope you enjoy your summer vacation and join us more often.Love your posts.
We are supposed to get rain starting tonight until next week. I sure hope we do not have a week of rain, still waiting for it to warm up, only 62 degrees for the high all week.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening (night rather) Porchies! I love watching the fireflies flicker.

At the farmer's market today, there were some sour cherries... of course I had to get some, they looked so pretty! I'm going to make a pie or a crumble/crisp for Dad for Father's Day.

I went to a doTERRA essential oils class at a friend's house tonight, it was very interesting.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy do I need to rest! Took the whole family berry picking with me this evening. There are so many berries!!!! I "had" to buy a juicer today so I didn't have so many seeds this time. I have looked for a Squeezo but can't find one any where! I seen someone talking about coffee jelly on here so I thought I might as well while I'm making jelly.
Judy- Living with this family you learn patience ha ha.
I hope everything goes well for all the farmgirls here on the porch.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6422 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6422 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  12:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening My Porchies...
I am very tired and sore tonight. Tired from packing this morning...but my friend Paula helped me and we got a lot accomplished.
When I slept this afternoon (once my chronic fatigue hit) I got up once to go the the little girls room and I rolled out on the right side of the bed and bam the Vertigo hit and the room went spinning and I fell. I hit my head on the wall and my knee and elbow on the floor. DH wasn't home...and the dog was up on the bed looken down at me like, "Hey, mom...whatcha doin down there?" Trying to kill myself I think. Who would have ever thought that two people in one household could have come down with Vertigo in the same week, for totally different reasons, and both fallen. Insane! That's what it is.

I went to my Craft Group tonight and finished up all my Granny Squares...now I just have to put my afghan all together.

Ruthie...yummy I love pulled pork sandwhiches (I make them every couple of months). And who doesn't like Strawberry shortcake? I hope you had a lovely picnic at the Park!

Julie...loved your Garden Dream! Sounds Lovely. From now on I will have a little patio garden. Just flowers to nourish my soul. I am not going to grow veggies...just not enough room.
But like you...I need that little Secret Garden space just for me to sit and enjoy.

Judy...Wow, I think we have all gotten each other salivating over berries and pies and all kinds of good eats! Wish I had a for real piece of berry cobbler right now. My mouth is watering!

Nan...you really do have to ask yourself...how much outside work you want to take on with your new house. When we asked ourselves that question we came up with the answer of "absolutely non". DH and I have too many health problems to keep doing what we did for years. And even if we want to...we can't anymore. Getting Old Stinks!

Megan...Welcome home girlie....we missed you! Glad school is out for awhile and you get a summer break. Glad to hear that you are getten that Summer Groove On. Do you have any traveling plans this summer?
Are you babysitting or anything?

Marlee...see that scream and kicking something worked didn't it? Or at least it made you feel a little better.
I haven't made split pea soup for years but I always used hamhocks, milk and split-peas with one or two dried hot red peppers in it (but would remove them after the soup was ready to serve). I would smash half of the peas up after they were cooked just to make it a little thicker. OK, now you made me hungry for split pea soup. Shame on you!
LOL

Pam...you could probably grow Rhubarb in a pot if it was big enough...but you would do better sticking it in a flower bed somewhere...if you don't have a vegetable garden.

Janet...we are just getting rid of the rain (maybe we sent it your way) and now we are suppose to have a week of nice dry, sunny days. Yahoo! Bring it on!

Lindsey...I had never seen fireflys until I visited Michigan when my oldest son was living there. One night we turned all the house lights off and just sat in the living room watching the fireflys in the neighbors yard. It was so pretty.

Rebecca...what pray tell is a Squeezo? I have never heard of that. Coffee Jelly sounds interesting...doesn't it. Let us know if you make any and what you think of it.

Well I am off to dreamland girls.
Nightie Night!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  05:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy,
A squeezo is a manual strainer. It looks like an old meat grinder (sorta) with a funnel. They have different size screens that you can put on it depending on what your working with. It seperates the juice from the skin and seeds. It was life saver for my mom when we were growing up canning for the whole family. It does great for tomatoes! And the seeds and skin is awesome in the compost. Or you can seperate your seeds and save them. Well, I have to ge3t to jellymaking before it gets too hot.
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  06:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Porch! I've enjoyed my morning coffee and reading thru a few pages here. Ya'll sound like good folks!

Hey Ms Lindsey, I've been using doTerra for about 8 weeks now and it has made a world of difference! I see a natualist (she reads your eyes, kind of wierd but cool too) and she gives me a list to follow. The oils have helped balance my sytem in just a few weeks, and after years of doctor visits with little help, I'm sold. They are pricey, but worth it.

We started out the weekend with a visit to the farmers market. I'm going to have to get my canning supplies from my mom! So much good stuff! I'm taking the kids to a local folk festival today to enjoy some outdoor music and local art! There is a lady that comes every year who spins yarn, and I'm learning how to spin so I think I'll spend some time watching her! I hope everyone enjoys your weekend!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  09:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Mornin Porchies!
So far it's still in the low 60's and it's 11AM. We are gonna get another 90 degree group of days,Sunday thru Tuesday(so they say). Not humid right now so maybe it won't be too unbearable. I hate having to stay in the house all day or go to the library because of the heat. Since we don't have A/C it can get pretty rough around here.
Gonna go see Mama today. Let's see what we get into. ...to be continued...hahaha
Welcome Shanda! Pull up a board or rocker and enjoy all the Virtual,calorie-free treats,warm hugs and camaraderie. We're a close bunch here.You're amomg Sisters! "What happens on the Porch,Stays on the Porch!!" hahaaha
I've not heard of coffee jelly, but it sounds good to me. *giggle* Who mentioned it? I missed that somehow.
Peggy, I'm so sorry for you Girl...are you ok now? Did you break the wall with your head?(sorry...just couldn't miss that beat.it was there,just taunting me) *giggle* Seriously tho, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something in that house that's messing with both of you,I dunno...fumes,gasses,something in the walls....I'm actually glad you are moving outta there now. ~geesh~
My sister,Patsy has a Squeezo that she just loves when she's canning and making jellies. I like some seeds in my jams,but Jim doesn't. They love the Squeezo. Mama had one when I was home too.
We have red and white raspberries just starting to bear. We just eat them. We planted them a few years back and keep them contained in the back corner of our lot. The white ones bear twice,early and late.There's also a black-rasp in the mix, but it struggles just to give us a few. So, ya, we just eat them. hahaha
We have been sitting out on patio and enjoying the fireflies for a couple of weeks now. Lately they've been coming right onto the patio and are in our faces. We just stare at each other,then just shoo them away. haha
Megan, so good to see you 'Lil Sis! Hope you have some adventures to share with us, since it's been so long. *giggle*
Well, I'm off(I'm always off,it's what makes me,ME!) hahaha
Make it a great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  1:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my dear sweet things,
Thought I would sit a spell and share some afternoon tea with yall. For the life of me I can't remember what knid of tea I made..yikes!

I am very excited as we have accepted an offer on our house which means as soon as all the paperwork is complete it is officially sold. We hope to have most of the paperwork done by next week so we can move forward with the offer we put in on the other farm acreage. We are shooting to be able to move mid JUly, although our closing is Aug. 1...a bit too close to school starting and me needing to get things ready for my new set of butterflies.

I was to the dr again yesterday and blood pressure was no better so they ran bloodwork to see if there is anything causing it, I have a stict diet, exercise plan and go back in a month unless bloodwork shows something out of whack! Dr said it may be genetic as it runs in my family and could have been set off because of all that is going on in my life. I have been crocheting or reading every night before bed. Dr. said to be good and I said that was a tall order for Madame Butterfly.

Megan so good to see you back. Missed you with us.

Peggy love the granny squares. Girl you be careful with all that you are doing. Will keep praying for your granddaughter. Glad to know she is home.

Tomorrow I am going to a Beth Moore Video Conference at one of our local churches and I am very excited about it. Will be good to do something that has nothing to do with my house.

well ladies hope you are having a great day. It is raining today but so needed.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  2:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon girls! Anyone for some mocha cookies with caramel filling? It looks like we have some new faces here; welcome!

We went to look at a house Wednesday night. We really liked the online tour and Ric wanted to make an offer right away, but something told me we should see it in person. Good thing we did. The rec room in the basement, while gorgeous, had ceilings that were less than six and a half feet high. Considering that Ric is 6'4" barefoot, that doesn't exactly work!

We found another one we are curious about, but poor Mister has a nasty stomach bug. So, have to wait. In the meantime, I am getting a head start on holiday gifts.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1632 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1632 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  2:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi PeggyAnn hope you are Ok. That is totally weird that both you and husband had a spell of Vertigo. I think you might need to rest for a little while. Maybe you just did to much.

Ruthie do you have any more pulled pork sandwiches,Yummy!

I be back in a couple of days so till I'll be back on here....!

Did you make Pea Soup ,PeggyAnn. I laughed at that.

By all my Porchies Talk later! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1214 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1214 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  4:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I haven't been here in quite a long time. I guess time flies quickly. Hope all is well with everyone even though no one really knows me lol. I have a question...I was sitting out last night and noticed tons of fireflies. Here on Staten Island we don't see many of them so I was wondering what actually brings them around. Do I need to worry about all my vegetables that I planted

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  7:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening porchies! It's clouding over here tonight & it's supposed to rain all weekend . I want sunshine! And warmth too!

Linz, so happy you found something yummy at the farmer's market. I never get to go to our local one since it's on Fridays from 11-1, and my lunch is at 1. So I never get to go to it, unless by chance I have a Friday off (not likely). What is/are doTERRA essential oils? I've never heard of them. Sounds interesting, regardless.

Peggy - I hope you're alright! Vertigo doesn't sound like fun at all! I think I'll leave the rhubarb for the ground...I'm running out of room on my patio .

Judy - I want some raspberries! It floors me now that kids/families can sell a 4 L pail of them for $15! We used to pick them & give them away for free! We had a lot of rows growing up....I never saw fireflies til I was out at my cousin's neighbor's place a few years back. Don't know why we don't have them at my Mom's...but oh well.

Tea_Lady_Tammy - did you figure out your tea flavor? lol I do that sometimes too . Or I forget I made it haha. Good luck on all of your paperwork & moving! When do you start school again? Our kids aren't out yet - I think their last day is the 27th maybe?

Alyce - you wouldn't have to worry about finding a chair or ladder to change the lightbulbs! I always hate that job lol. I'm too short (and I'm 5'5"!) & the ceilings too high!

Joan, I don't think you have to worry about your vegetables (although I could be wrong!).

Well, I talked to my Mom for an hour tonight, then made supper (tacos), and watched an episode of Road to Avonlea...thinking I might go to bed now. I woke up ridiculously early at 4:30 this morning due to a weird, freaky dream - I had a worm that wouldn't come out of my finger & it was alive! Ew ew ew ew!!!! It freaked me out enough that I didn't fall asleep until my alarm went off, then I didn't want to get up . So I've been tired all day. Hoping tomorrow is nice out & I can do a few things. Still need to work on my cleaning list, but I was so tired tonight - stupid 4:30 am. Anyhow. Going to bed now, so I'll check in tomorrow likely!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  7:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am tired, so just a quick hello for tonight. Peggy, hope you are feeling better now. I have not seen any fire flies since I moved back to town 30 years ago, but out in the country there were lots of them. I would catch them with the kids and put them in a jar. I do not think they eat vegetation from the garden.
More tomorrow, have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all!
Pam, waking up earlier than you want to is never fun! Been there, done that! I hope you get better sleep tonight!
Judy, I hope that it didn't get too hot near you today! Here it's just starting to get warm, and while I like the heat and sun, it makes it hard to do anything productive outside.
Tammy, I hope that everything works out with your moving situation. And I wish we had some rain! Send Wisconsin some rain vibes?
Welcome Shanda! I think that you'll like it here on the porch! I know I definitely do.
Miss Peggy, I hope that you are feeling better today!
My summer has been going pretty well. I'm going to be spending three weeks in North Carolina starting in two weeks to do a pre-college program. I'm really excited, especially to be in North Carolina! I've also been trying to run as much as possible, I want to make sure that I'm in shape for when rugby starts back up in the fall. But otherwise it's been low key. It's nice to be able to read more and not worry about school all the time! I hope everyone has great Saturdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  06:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Busy day ahead of me, just enjoying a cup of coffee before I get started. Already milked the goat and did the daily barn chores. Have to go back out and trim hooves later and do some other "every so often" barn chores.

I still haven't decided if the cherry dessert will be a pie or a crisp/crumble/cobbler, but I'll be baking that today, as well as a tart with the apricots I have in the fridge - I'm thinking some goat cheese on the bottom, with some honey and herbs de province mixed in, topped with sliced apricots and glazed with a bit more honey.

Pam, doTERRA is a brand of essential oils - one of the better brands as they are really and truly pure. Most of them can be taken internally as well as applied topically or used aromatically. The basic premise is that, anything you would use an herb or plant to heal, you can use the essential oil instead and much less of it - for example she said that one drop of peppermint oil is equal to 28 cups of peppermint tea, since the oils are so concentrated.

Well, coffee is gone - have a great day ladies!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  09:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shanda, how do you mean the doTERRA essential oils balanced your system. I'm interested in them, in part because they sound like a good product, but also I'm interested in anything that might help me with a number of things.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Afternoon, farmgals!
You all sound so busy!

Lindsey: I miss my goats and the milk. No shed here for one or I would have one...or more..teehee

Judy: Now I want some raspberries too. Tried growing some, but they all died off, not enough sun I think, that's what I get for living in the forest. lol

Peggy: I'm thinking like Judy and believe that house is making you sick, so it IS good you're getting out of there.

Hubby is in his workshop making me a 12 inch planter out of wood. That is so sweet. :) Wish I felt that productive today. Kinda dragging my feet for some reason. Hubby wants to go over to his sister's place after while to get a double set of rain barrels and a tumbling compost barrel. YAY! After living here 13 years, we finally get some! She wasn't using them anymore, so ya, I will put them to good use. Missed 2 good rains that would have filled those rain barrels to overflowing this past week.PLUS, I get a Jeep ride out of the deal, since we have to hook up the trailer to it bring all those goodies home. :)

Hope ya'll have a great weekend.
Hugs%Squeezles

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  2:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Lindsey! I'll have to keep that in mind. Of course, I like to support local stores, and right now, the only local one carries Now brand.

Patsy - hope your planter turns out wonderful for you!

I didn't do a whole lot today, or so it feels. I did enough, but I didn't exert myself a lot lol. I did dishes, walked out to Stead's (no idea how far it is, maybe a mile in total there & back? No clue.), walked back into town, picked up a few things for some crockpot meals (chicken curry with peaches & raisins and pork tenderloin with peaches & plums & rice separately). Found some shea butter (slightly expensive, but I think it will work for a trial run). I made some iced green tea, some spicy, minty mouthwash, then tried some facial cleanser & I want to try the lotion bars & bug off lotion bars but I need to find some supplies for it first. I may try the lotion bars soon.

The weather here today is a little weird lol. It started out lovely, then it clouded over & was a bit windy this morning. After lunch, it got windier & it's been raining for less than 5 minutes, then quitting. Then it starts raining again. Then it quits. In between times, it's nice & sunshiney out, but you can tell the clouds are out there, behind the trees, all around us. Oh well. Saves me from having to water my plants, right? Better go & be a bit productive today & write things down before I forget everything lol. Have a good Saturday everyone!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Jun 16 2012 2:13:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  4:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TLTammy, rofl...i can totally relate...I make tea,throw the bag away, then say, what did I make? hahaha Age! haha Take care of yourself and I Pray that you can get that BP down.
Alyce, So sorry to hear that Rick has the bug! Hope it crawls away SOON!! lol Good luck on the house hunting. Thank you for the mocha-caramel cookies. Yummy! Good with strong coffee! I just saw recipe in WW when I was t the library today for Rasp/choc/shortbread bars. I said I bet I can find a better recipe for that on allrecipes.com. They had so much low-fat this,low-fat that....gimmee some tastier ingredients please. If I'm gonna eat something with a rich sounding name like that, it better have some fat in it.LOL Holiday gifts??? Ya thinking of that already??? EEE-GADS!!! hahaha
Dear,Dear Pam, ew ew ew...that IS a freaky dream. Hope you get caught up on your zzzzzz's.
You did have some weird weather for all in one day. Sounds like Ohio weather...changes every half hour. hahaha
Megan, it didn't get too bad yesterday,although it was 87. We had a nice breeze all day and NO humidity. That makes a BIG difference. It's the same today too. Looks like we may have storms tonight though. We need rain. So dry!Where abouts are you going in N.C?
Lindsey Girl, you have me drooling all over my keyboard with your decadant sweets. mmmm
Patsy, oh sure ...rub the jeep ride in why doncha?/! (whenever I go visit Patsy&Jim,we go for a jeep ride)I'm like a happy dog when they even mention it. hahaha I just love the open air ride thru the mountain trails. Soooo FUN!!! *giggle* I didn't know Grace or Fern had a compost barrel...good for you. That'll add moisture&nutrients to the soil when it gets drought-y down there.
Well, almost time for the hubby to come home. Time for some lemonade and patio sitting.
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  5:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Myself and family had a very long, exciting week with our grandsons, the oldest is 3yo and the baby is 4 months old. The only way to describe our older grandson is, not a well disciplined child.
That kid just about wore me down to a frizzle. I am so glad I love him or we might have had a different outcome. Ha Anyway, the baby did just fine and we had a great time with him. After having both of them for a few days I finally got our older grandson a little under control, so then we started to have fun with him.

Don't think my daughter didn't get a ear full. I want my grandkids to grow up to be good men, and I told my daughter she had better get on top of things. I just hope they do crack down on the house rules with him.

During the time we had the boys I had a sore throat, the Doc. gave me some antibiotics and after a few days on them I broke out with a yeast infection, well don't you know it started on a Saturday and had to wait until Monday afternoon to get a script for that. So yesterday when we were taking the boys to their mother my throat started to get sore again. Really!! I am guessing maybe a relapse. So here we go again.

Thank you for letting me sound off and I hope this don't sound like I am ungrateful towards my grandsons, because I love them both dearly and with my whole heart, just venting.

You all brought back a great memory talking about berries. My story begins with 2 mean boars (male hogs) a blackberry tree in their pin and a little girl wanting some berries.

Well I guess I probaly learned how to go about getting to the berry tree by watching my 2 older brothers. One of them would get the boars attention at the other end of the hog pen and and my other brother would climb very quietly up the wooden fence, jump over and run like the dickens to the berry tree and climb up before the boars got to him. Oh the boars would get so mad and circle the tree, what seemed like hours. Finally they would wonder off and my brother would hit the ground running with the boars grunting and squealing right after him. So one day little sis (me) thought she could get to the berry tree with know problem. So I waited by the wooden fence, until the old mean boars wondered off to the other end of the pen. Up and over the fence I flew, my little feet running just as fast as they could go. All I could hear was my heart beating so hard and fast, then I could hear the boars barking and grunting behind me trying to catch up with me. I do believe by the time I got to the berry tree I was jumping and grabing for a limb and by golly..... I made it. Was it worth it? You bet it was, them blackberries were the best reward in the world. You know, I just told my mom this story not to long ago and I tell you I think if she could have she would have whooped my bottom into next year. Ha Ha

Great memories. I have so many memories about things I did on the farm, following by big brothers, finding newborn kittens, watching a calf be born, learning how to rake hay with the big tractor, oh I could go on, but better stop for now going down memery lane.

Peggy I am so sorry about your granddaughter, but am greatful it was discoverd quickly. I hope you and your husban get to feeling better, keeping you both in my prayers.

Linz,
You brought up farmers market and I think ours may start this coming weekend, I cannot wait to go and see all the goodies.

Tammy,
Sure hope you can get your blood pressure under control.
That is nothing to mess around with.

Judy,
I just want to tell you I smile each time I start to read your posting, you are always so happy and *giggly* I just have a blast with you. Please keep up the good times.

Ruthie,
Would you share with me how you make your pulled pork. You may laugh, but I have never made it before and I bought some pork roast the other day, now all I need to do is find out how to do it.

Well girls I think I will get off for now. You all take care.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  6:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once lived on a prperty and learned to milk goats.It wasn't too hard. I think milking cows would be hard because their teats are so large. Anybody here milk cows? Is it hard?
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  6:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Got some of my jelly done yesterday. Ran out of jars :(. My daughter Rachael helped me I made some coffee jelly and had some this morning. It is gooood!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6422 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6422 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  9:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening My Porchie Babes....
Hope you all had a great Saturday.

Rebecca...before I forget, I just have to say that your Jars of Jellies look so beautiful!
And you had a pretty little helper too. Good for you teaching her how to make Jelly.
Glad to hear that the coffee jelly turned out good.

Well, I am tired tonight...so, not going to address each one of you.
But Netty I agree with you about Judy. She does give us lots of Great Laughs doesn't she.
What a delightful character she is...and we are blessed to have her on The Porch! She tickles my funny bone too!

This morning I got right up early and got the backyard mowed. I had to because I kept losing the dog in the tall grass! LOL Then that wore me out, so I spent 40 minutes recooping in my Porch Rocker and went...hey, it's early...I am going back to bed for awhile. That did me more good than anything. Then tonight I mowed the front yard ( which DH usually does)...so, I told him that was an early "Father's Day Gift". He came home from work all tuckered out so, he had dinner and went to bed. He has to work all next week...so, I'm guessing I won't see much of him tomorrow. He'll sleep most of the weekend, knowing him.

The rest of the day...I pretty much sat on my duff in my rocking chair and read. I ate lunch out at my outdoor table too. It was a really pretty day. High of about 76 (perfect) and so, I really just enjoyed the backyard all afternoon. I won't have much longer where I can do that. I have felt very blessed having this beautiful yard to enjoy this spring and part of the summer. It really has been lovely. The Apartments where we are moving to...has a lot of green space and an out door pool. That is one of the reasons I wanted to move to this particular complex.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers for my Grandbaby. She is so precious. Both Girls are my hearts JOY!

Well, I love ya all to
God and back,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1191 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1191 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  03:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Porchies,
It's now 5am on Sunday morning. I've been up for and hour already. Ug!!Im going to be tried later today!. Dear Miss Katy and I are going to the farmer market and to drop off lesson plans this morning. We may even stop at the Goodwill since I have a coupon. Not sure what I might need. Then home for a late lunch early dinner of steak. Sounds Oh so good haven't had a steak in a very long time. As for hubby he is staying home.
Yesterday we took a wonderful ride to a little town over the border into Illinois to have ice cream. We all enjoyed a german chocolate flurries and Little One had a doggie sundae. We just so happen to run into Dean's brother Del his wife Jean and one of the younger girls. They have 6 kids 3 boys and 3 girls. We sat with them and had a wonderful visit. After that we drove to alittle town about 5 more minutes South of there to Sunset Nursery. I got to shop for flowers and plants. I picked up a butterfly bush,daisy,lavendar. No to figure out how to dry the lavendar to add to my goat's milk soap. A couple of bean plants,cucumber and lettuce. I was inside the nursery for 45 minutes and didn't even see half of it. It will be a good field trip for another day. While in the nursery it rain and rained hard. I looked out the window all the way home at the farm land that had been rained on with the deep blue sky behind it. Shiny siloes and red barn among the trees. Oh what a beatiful site. I was sad that I didn't have my camera. Not that Im good at taking pictures or anything. The rain held off till we got home and in the house. Then the sky opened up like a waterfall. My garden and flowers got a much needed drink. As for me I was a kid again dancing and spinning and singing in the rain. I even took the umbrealla with me to add to the fun. Miss Katy ask dad what's wrong with mom. I thinks she's going craazy. And hubby replied no she's trying to keep from going crazy. She said then what is she doing just being her enjoying life and being a kid again with not a worry in the world. Nothing wrong with that I guess. It sure was fun and I did feel different after that. Yes if your wondering . I am alittle on the crazy side from time to time. Lol
Well better get off here and take out Little One. Have a wonderful day . Know that each of you and yours are in my prayers.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Jun 17 2012 03:42:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  09:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Ladies! I know you'll all be busy today. I just wanted to stop by and let you know DH's grandma passed away. This week we will travel to go to the funeral and such things. Any advice for 6 y/o DD? This is her first death in the family. I'm letting her express herself in positive ways with drawing pictures and talking about grandma, reminding her of all the nice times they had.

Otherwise, things are low key around here and just cleaning and spending time in the kitchen.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 663 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page