Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  2:12:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Lindsey! I'll have to keep that in mind. Of course, I like to support local stores, and right now, the only local one carries Now brand.

Patsy - hope your planter turns out wonderful for you!

I didn't do a whole lot today, or so it feels. I did enough, but I didn't exert myself a lot lol. I did dishes, walked out to Stead's (no idea how far it is, maybe a mile in total there & back? No clue.), walked back into town, picked up a few things for some crockpot meals (chicken curry with peaches & raisins and pork tenderloin with peaches & plums & rice separately). Found some shea butter (slightly expensive, but I think it will work for a trial run). I made some iced green tea, some spicy, minty mouthwash, then tried some facial cleanser & I want to try the lotion bars & bug off lotion bars but I need to find some supplies for it first. I may try the lotion bars soon.

The weather here today is a little weird lol. It started out lovely, then it clouded over & was a bit windy this morning. After lunch, it got windier & it's been raining for less than 5 minutes, then quitting. Then it starts raining again. Then it quits. In between times, it's nice & sunshiney out, but you can tell the clouds are out there, behind the trees, all around us. Oh well. Saves me from having to water my plants, right? Better go & be a bit productive today & write things down before I forget everything lol. Have a good Saturday everyone!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Jun 16 2012 2:13:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  4:48:40 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy, rofl...i can totally relate...I make tea,throw the bag away, then say, what did I make? hahaha Age! haha Take care of yourself and I Pray that you can get that BP down.
Alyce, So sorry to hear that Rick has the bug! Hope it crawls away SOON!! lol Good luck on the house hunting. Thank you for the mocha-caramel cookies. Yummy! Good with strong coffee! I just saw recipe in WW when I was t the library today for Rasp/choc/shortbread bars. I said I bet I can find a better recipe for that on allrecipes.com. They had so much low-fat this,low-fat that....gimmee some tastier ingredients please. If I'm gonna eat something with a rich sounding name like that, it better have some fat in it.LOL Holiday gifts??? Ya thinking of that already??? EEE-GADS!!! hahaha
Dear,Dear Pam, ew ew ew...that IS a freaky dream. Hope you get caught up on your zzzzzz's.
You did have some weird weather for all in one day. Sounds like Ohio weather...changes every half hour. hahaha
Megan, it didn't get too bad yesterday,although it was 87. We had a nice breeze all day and NO humidity. That makes a BIG difference. It's the same today too. Looks like we may have storms tonight though. We need rain. So dry!Where abouts are you going in N.C?
Lindsey Girl, you have me drooling all over my keyboard with your decadant sweets. mmmm
Patsy, oh sure ...rub the jeep ride in why doncha?/! (whenever I go visit Patsy&Jim,we go for a jeep ride)I'm like a happy dog when they even mention it. hahaha I just love the open air ride thru the mountain trails. Soooo FUN!!! *giggle* I didn't know Grace or Fern had a compost barrel...good for you. That'll add moisture&nutrients to the soil when it gets drought-y down there.
Well, almost time for the hubby to come home. Time for some lemonade and patio sitting.
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  6:18:49 PM  Show Profile
I once lived on a prperty and learned to milk goats.It wasn't too hard. I think milking cows would be hard because their teats are so large. Anybody here milk cows? Is it hard?
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  6:28:36 PM  Show Profile

Got some of my jelly done yesterday. Ran out of jars :(. My daughter Rachael helped me I made some coffee jelly and had some this morning. It is gooood!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  9:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchie Babes....
Hope you all had a great Saturday.

Rebecca...before I forget, I just have to say that your Jars of Jellies look so beautiful!
And you had a pretty little helper too. Good for you teaching her how to make Jelly.
Glad to hear that the coffee jelly turned out good.

Well, I am tired tonight...so, not going to address each one of you.
But Netty I agree with you about Judy. She does give us lots of Great Laughs doesn't she.
What a delightful character she is...and we are blessed to have her on The Porch! She tickles my funny bone too!

This morning I got right up early and got the backyard mowed. I had to because I kept losing the dog in the tall grass! LOL Then that wore me out, so I spent 40 minutes recooping in my Porch Rocker and went...hey, it's early...I am going back to bed for awhile. That did me more good than anything. Then tonight I mowed the front yard ( which DH usually does)...so, I told him that was an early "Father's Day Gift". He came home from work all tuckered out so, he had dinner and went to bed. He has to work all next week...so, I'm guessing I won't see much of him tomorrow. He'll sleep most of the weekend, knowing him.

The rest of the day...I pretty much sat on my duff in my rocking chair and read. I ate lunch out at my outdoor table too. It was a really pretty day. High of about 76 (perfect) and so, I really just enjoyed the backyard all afternoon. I won't have much longer where I can do that. I have felt very blessed having this beautiful yard to enjoy this spring and part of the summer. It really has been lovely. The Apartments where we are moving to...has a lot of green space and an out door pool. That is one of the reasons I wanted to move to this particular complex.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers for my Grandbaby. She is so precious. Both Girls are my hearts JOY!

Well, I love ya all to
God and back,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  03:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
It's now 5am on Sunday morning. I've been up for and hour already. Ug!!Im going to be tried later today!. Dear Miss Katy and I are going to the farmer market and to drop off lesson plans this morning. We may even stop at the Goodwill since I have a coupon. Not sure what I might need. Then home for a late lunch early dinner of steak. Sounds Oh so good haven't had a steak in a very long time. As for hubby he is staying home.
Yesterday we took a wonderful ride to a little town over the border into Illinois to have ice cream. We all enjoyed a german chocolate flurries and Little One had a doggie sundae. We just so happen to run into Dean's brother Del his wife Jean and one of the younger girls. They have 6 kids 3 boys and 3 girls. We sat with them and had a wonderful visit. After that we drove to alittle town about 5 more minutes South of there to Sunset Nursery. I got to shop for flowers and plants. I picked up a butterfly bush,daisy,lavendar. No to figure out how to dry the lavendar to add to my goat's milk soap. A couple of bean plants,cucumber and lettuce. I was inside the nursery for 45 minutes and didn't even see half of it. It will be a good field trip for another day. While in the nursery it rain and rained hard. I looked out the window all the way home at the farm land that had been rained on with the deep blue sky behind it. Shiny siloes and red barn among the trees. Oh what a beatiful site. I was sad that I didn't have my camera. Not that Im good at taking pictures or anything. The rain held off till we got home and in the house. Then the sky opened up like a waterfall. My garden and flowers got a much needed drink. As for me I was a kid again dancing and spinning and singing in the rain. I even took the umbrealla with me to add to the fun. Miss Katy ask dad what's wrong with mom. I thinks she's going craazy. And hubby replied no she's trying to keep from going crazy. She said then what is she doing just being her enjoying life and being a kid again with not a worry in the world. Nothing wrong with that I guess. It sure was fun and I did feel different after that. Yes if your wondering . I am alittle on the crazy side from time to time. Lol
Well better get off here and take out Little One. Have a wonderful day . Know that each of you and yours are in my prayers.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Jun 17 2012 03:42:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  09:15:13 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies! I know you'll all be busy today. I just wanted to stop by and let you know DH's grandma passed away. This week we will travel to go to the funeral and such things. Any advice for 6 y/o DD? This is her first death in the family. I'm letting her express herself in positive ways with drawing pictures and talking about grandma, reminding her of all the nice times they had.

Otherwise, things are low key around here and just cleaning and spending time in the kitchen.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  10:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Pam, sounds like some strange weather!
Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. While I can't offer any suggestions for your DD, I can offer my prayers and thoughts for your family.
Peggy, sounds like a good day to me!
I had a great weekend! I spent the weekend at my aunt's house with my cousins. We watched a few movies and just hung out, family! My aunt also got a new cat, Luca, and he is so adorable! It was overall a great weekend! I hope everyone has a good Monday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  11:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Well, my husband slept all day today...because he has to work all this week...so my youngest son and future DIL took Me out for Father's Day! (+: It was the most Wondersful Father's Day I have ever had! LOL They took me to Portland to a New (to us) Thai Rest. and we all three said it was the best Thai food we have ever eaten (and we have eaten a lot). I had a Coconut Soup that was Amazing!!! And the kids had a Lemongrass Soup that they thought was fabulous also.
The flavors of this Thai food were so intense (and I don't mean hot). That your mouth just did a Happy Dance all by itself. I will post some pictures tomorrow once I download them off my phonel Then we went to a Waffle Place (run out of the back of a local Rest.). Shane and I each ordered a Blueberry Cheesecake Waffle that was to die for. And Sadie had just a sugared waffle.
We saw the coolest dog there. It's head looked like our Scottish Terriers head but it was the size of a great dane (heigth wise). I took his picture. He was a Giant Schnauzer. So beautiful! His name was "Lou". So friendly! All the little kids came up and loved on him. He had a companion Schnauzer that looked Large for a Schnauzer but Lou made him look normal size.

After we left the uptown area...then we went to my Favorite antique mall. I didn't buy anything but had fun looking around. Sadie bought a couple things. She bought Shane and Larry each a water glass with a Scotty Terrier etched on it. Very Cute!

Then we stopped and they bought Larry a Pizza for Father's Day. They had taken Sadie's Dad fried Chicken yesterday for F-Day. So you can probably tell which is each Father's Favorite Food. LOL

Oh, and my son had picked me up in a BMW RED Sports car today too. His BMW was in the shop...so this one was a loaner...and was it sweet! WOW!
When my son opened the door for me...I said, "Wow...you bought me a Red Beamer for Father's Day!" They laughed! I must admit we had fun running around town in that little jewel!

Hope you girls all had a good Father's Day too!

Julie...so sorry to hear about the death in your family. That is always hard to explain to young ones. I always had my children view the person...so, that they had closure...and knew that Grandpa or Grandma or Auntie were really not alive anymore...but were gone to be with Jesus. I know not everyone agrees with that way of dealing with death...but that is what my husband and I agreed on for our children and it worked for us.

Megan...glad you got to spend time with your cousins. Sounds like you have some fun stuff going on for summer. Good for you...keeping up your running even over the summer months. It will help you come school time as you will be in good shape already. NO couch potato stuff for our girl!!! LOL

OK...my Lovelies...I am off to Dreamland,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 17 2012 11:58:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  05:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all! I guess I need to keep a notebook next to me to write down all the replies I want to make, by the time I get to the bottom of the page, I've forgotten! I do pray as I read, and I'm trying to learn names, this may take awhile. Remembering is not my best skill!

Nan, I have Fybromyalgia and have seen a doctor for years. All the meds they have, have side effects for me that outway any relie
f I get. But using the oils (which I'm new at and still learning) has brought more relief than anything else. It balances out my digestion, helps with swelling, makes the pain more manageable and actually lifts my spirits (the wild orange- some deep breathes with the orange is so uplifting!) And knowing that these types of oils were used from way back in biblical times for better health, makes me feel like I may be doing something right.

BTW Ruthie, lavender in goats milk soap sounds lovely!

Julie, so sorry for your families loss. My children have had to deal with several deaths and I feel like being straight foward with them and answering any questions truthfully helps them with their grief and fears. And of course grieving with them and not hiding your feelings will give them a sort of guide on how to grieve. Prayers for you and you DD!

Well, I'll keep reading, praying and learning names, but for now the coffee cup is empty and there is work to be done. God Bless and have a good Monday everyone!

Edited by - shanda on Jun 18 2012 05:26:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  10:38:45 AM  Show Profile
Shanda...you have come to a good place "THE PORCH" as several of us have Fibro & Chronic Fatigue. I have it, Bunny, Teacher Tammy, Judith and I think maybe Nan does too. Anyway, I had to take Medical Retirement 10 yrs ago because mine is the all over the body kind. Not fun...but at least we can all encourage one another and relate. Huh? I think most of us agree that the Medications for Fibro have worse side-affects
than the Fibro. The only thing I take medically that helps...is Cymbalta. And it just takes the edge off the pain. I am on the Cymbalta for depression (from Fibro) and the minor pain relief is just a bonus side affect.

When I first started posting on the Porch...I did keep a writing pad next to me and jotted down the name and the comment I wanted to make to each gal. It was very helpful...Especially when your brain is in a constant fibro-fog.

Netty...Yeah, my DH loved his Father's Day Pizza...but I still say, I had the Best Fathers Day! lol

OK, I will be back later but for now, I am off and doing a little more packing. Probably very little...as it just started to rain and
I can feel my pain level going up, as I type.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 18 2012 10:42:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  11:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Hello sweet ones,
It is a hot day here in Nebraska. They are saying it could be near 100 today but there is a breeze so that is a blessing. Spent the morning doing errands, we are making progress on the paper work for the selling of our house so we can begin the loan for the one we have an offer on...the paperwork is unbelieveable, but it will be worth it when we are done.

Trying to adjust my diet, exercise, and relax so that hopefully my blood pressure will go down. I have an appointment in few weeks again to see how it is and then we will decide where to go from there. didn't hear back yet on bloodwork, but they may wait until my dr returns from vacation. But for now I am just praying when I begin to fret...God has everything under control.

Julie...so so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for yoru family.

Netty so glad to hear you are feeling better

Peggy, sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday.

well dryer went off and then off for tea and a bit of crochet.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  1:19:15 PM  Show Profile
WOW! So much going on!
Netty, thank you for the compliments!I'm glad I can make you & Peg giggle!I'm just being ME! *grins*
Rebecca, you go girls!(including the adorable Rachael)Nice job on the jelly.Can I have your coffee jelly recipe. I may not have fruit in the house when I need it, but there's ALWAYS coffee here! lol
Peg, too funny..."...kept losing the dog in the tall grass!" Now that's some tall grass. lol Good for you enjoying your efforts after all that hard work. I love sitting and admiring a freshly mown lawn(after hubby mows) too! lol Sitting there in my comfy chair, lemonade in hand,reading a magazine or novel, telling hubby where he missed some sprigs.....hahahahahaha....that's the life for me! ROFL
I sooooo enjoyed your Father's Day girl!....and in a RED BMW too,no less! Style arrives all shiney and sleek to our "Lady in Red!"...ohhhh yeaaaaa!And it sounds like you grazed your way thru the day from start to finish.LOL Good on ya Mate! *giggle* Isn't Thai food yummy? We have a new Thai restaurant here in town and OMGoodness...it's tasty! They really know how to use herbs, spices and things we never even think of to make a great dish.
Ruthie, I love how you and Miss Katy went shopping and all you had to say about the hubby was...."He is staying home!" Period! hahahaha I love playing in the rain after we've had a looooong,dry spell too. I usually take a popcicle out with me and walk barefoot thru the water rushing down the sides of the street.My neighbors know I'm nuts...they still love me.hahahaThey probably grab a snack and rush to the windows just to watch the BIG nut that's splashing thru the water....because they know that I'm gonna! *giggle* Always glad to be their entertainment and help them forget their troubles for awhile. We got that rain after you had it,complete with lightening&thunder. It rained steady for about an hour. (oooo-ooooo...the ice cream truck just went up the road...I digress, sorry)
uh...rain...yea....ummmm...it rained after we went to bed. The grass and plants really needed it though,so,glad we got it.I believe I heard giggling flowers this morning in the wee hours.teeheeWe may get more rain today...it's very overcast.I hope we do.
awwwww Julie, so sorry for your loss. I agree with the way Peg handled it with her kids.My parents kept us away from funerals amd didn't know how to tell us about death...afraid we might have nightmares or something...I'm still not sure. I was a very sensitive child...I had nightmares if there was a bear on Lassie! No, I really did! *sigh* I didn't go to a funeral until I was in my 20's.Of course we had "long-livers" in our family so they all hung around a long time and I didn't have much chance to get use to it either. hmmmm....how amazing that all was! *thoughtful*
Megan,I'm so happy to hear that you had a fun weekend. Good for you girlie!
Well, I have writers cramp and a flat bum...time to go do some work.
Make it a Great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 18 2012 8:12:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Just dropped by for a quick yippee! I'm a Farmgirl! #4233! Sweet Tea for everyone!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  5:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love your porch, such a friendly one.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  5:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening farmgirls! What an exhausting day! I could not sleep last night for some reason so I was up at 2:ooam trying to find activities to do today with my two and two that I babysit for. The boy is 7 years old and is autistic and his sister is 3. It amazes me how she takes care of him and defends him! It's hard to get him to participate in anything with the rest so if anyone has any suggestions....
Judy The recipe for coffee jelly is at http://www.grouprecipes.com/91189/eds-coffee-jelly.html. It is sooo good!

My husband and I fight over who gets to mow our lawn. I love to see my yard after it has been mowed!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  6:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Megan, glad you had a great weekend. And don't have to get up early for school during the week!!!!
Peggy, sounds like you had a very nice day yesterday. And a ride in style to boot!!!!! And good food!!!!
Tammy, It will be good when you get done wityh all the paperwork for selling your house. Just think, by Christmas you should be all settled in to your new home.
Julie, sorry for your loss, prayers to you and your family.
Shanda, good to see you posting here!!!! You will get to know us in no time.
Netty, so glad you are feeling better. Sounds like there is alot of flu like illness going around all over.
Judy, I can just see you splashing in the puddles with a popsicle in your mouth!!! LOL!!!! How funny!!!!!
Rebecca, thank you for the recipe for the coffee jelly. Sounds good.
I still need to get my recipe on here for Amish coffee cake, maybe I will have time tomorrow to type it out for you gals.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  6:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Hope all is well with everyone. I just wanted to stop for a minute to ask a quick question. Does anyone know what a good price for a glass jar type butter churn? Where might a good place to buy one?
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:26:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Shanda, that is interesting. I'll look into it.
Julie, I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

It is possible that I have Fibro, but not as badly as the rest of you.
I'm pondering about the house. I went by *again* today and wandered around and looked at it. I think I hesitate partly because of the smell which is partly just other peoples' and partly musty. I dont' know.But of course that won't stay that way. I could decorate it and make it really fun.
Well, I said I'd tell the owner next Sunday. In the meantime, if this isn't "it" then I'll find something else. sigh.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  8:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, TY for the sweet tea. Congrats on becoming a new Sista!
Hello Darlene and a BIG Porchie Welcome to ya Gal! Tell us a little about yourself. *scooching over so you can sit on the swing too/hands you a tall frosty glass*
Hey Squirt, Thanks for the jelly recipe. Yum! I love watching kids take care of each other. So pure and innocent-like.
Hey Janet,you can come and splash thru puddles with me anytime. I'll even give you a popcicle. *giggle* Yup...still waiting on that Amish coffee-cake recipe. lol...drooling & waiting.
Well, we got rain and loud thunder&lightening this afternoon. It went on for a couple of hours. But the good side of that is, the temp went from 90 to 67 in that time. Amazing.
G'nite Porchies! Sweet Dreams!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  9:10:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Judy, what a great temperature to go along with the rain! And you are just too funny, I wish I lived near you, I would come splash and walk down the streets with you!
Miss Peggy, I know so many people who like Thai food, but I don't think I've ever actually had it. Now I'll have to find a restaurant near me to try some!
Janet, it definitely is nice to not have to wake up early!
Darlene, pull up a chair and sit a while! We're a welcoming, fun loving porch. Welcome!
Tammy, it was warm here today too.
Today was a very lazy summer day! It was too hot to do anything outside, and I just did not have the motivation to do anything inside. But tomorrow, I'm determined to get things done! Have good Tuesdays porchies!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  12:01:00 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Lovely Porchies...

WELCOME DARLENE...glad you dropped by The Porch, hope it will be your first of many times. Pull up
a Rocking Chair and join the Fun! There is always room for one more Porchie!

Oh my goodness...I forgot to download those pictures I was going to show you. Hopefully I will remember to tomorrow.

Tonight I started putting my Granny Squares together. I am using an invisible seam to join them. Let me just say...that I now know why women make granny squares but never put them together. The granny squares are fun to make and are so colorful but the seaming it all together is sooooo stinking boring. LOL (or cry...which ever). I did four rows tonight but have 12 more rows to do.

I had thought this morning, "Oh, this Granny Square Afghan has been so much fun...I think I will make another one when I'm done."
Wrong...not going to happen for awhile. I will need Therapy first. Ha Ha! *just a few sessions*

Nan...I don't know if I would purchase a house that has a funny smell around it or in it. We lived in a house like that for 4 years and looking back on it now, I swear...someone must have been cooking meth down in the crawl space or something. It was awful at times.
I would look for a different house if it was me.

Janet...yes, we are still waiting for your Amish Coffee Cake Recipe. *mouth watering all over keyboard*

Teacher Tammy...wow that is HOT. I hope you don't have high humidity with that 100 degrees. My excercise for the day would be sitting in front of the air conditioner!!

Judy...I wish I could tell my hubby what a great job he did on the Lawn. LOL...I would rather run through the rain with you, that sounds like more fun! I'd even bring my own popcycle. I like Red!!! Do you remember those Rocket Pops that were Red, White and blue and big as all get-out? Now, that would last us through a couple rain showers. Ha Ha!

Shanda...Congrats on becoming official girlfriend. *4233*

Rebecca...which one of the many Coffee Jellies did you use girl? There are just a few zillion to pick from.

Megan...you must try some Thai Food sweetie. But take somebody with you who has eaten it before and knows how to order. It can be mighty confusing if you go in clueless.

Ruthie...glad you dropped by. I have seen those glass jar butter churns but I don't know where. Maybe in the canning section of your local farm store.

Well, I am off to bed to rest my eyes from my needle work tonight.

sweetest dreams my lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  07:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I'm so sorry....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, Happy Tuesday, porchies! Welcome to the new gals.

Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's grandma *hug*

Peggy, my sister crochets - she made a beautiful twin-sized afghan but it did take her awhile to get the squares put together, I know she had to force herself to keep working on it!

Is anyone reading a good book or been flipping through a good magazine? I just finished "The Watsons & Emma Watson: Jane Austen's unfinished novel completed by Joan Aiken." It was very good and the transition from one author to the other was fairly seamless, other than the formatting in the book.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  10:53:55 AM  Show Profile
Lindsey...if you are an Austen fan you will probably love the new book
"Murder at Pemberly" by PD James

I haven't read the one you just finished but I will keep it on my reading list.

I also recently read "The Dressmaker" and it was good. But my very favorite of all
my latest reads was "The Language of Flowers" by Venessa Diffenbaugh. Put that one
on your "Must Read" List. It was excellant. One I couldn't put down because the plot
was so riveting and different than anything I have read before. I kept having to read
just to find out what becomes of this girl and her very weird life.

OK...off to do some laundry, will be back later...in the wee hours of the Night.

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page