Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  05:26:42 AM  Show Profile
That b12 sub lingual is a really good idea.
Blessings ladies. Did not get much sleep last night. Did a lot of praying but 4am comes sooooo quickly.
Later

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  06:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
I am jumping on real quick this morning to ask for prayers. I will be back later to catch up with everyone.
We have found a piece of property that my DH and I both love. It is 4.8 acres with a 2 bed 2 bath house and a shop/barn. It is not as big as we originaly wanted but would be great to start out and it is surrounded by farm land so we may be able to pick up more later. Please pray forGod's help with this.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  07:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like all are busy this time of the year. It is not raining yet, but very gloomy and rain expected again this afternoon, then hopefully some sun. I forgot what that looked like. Still below temps here, in the high 40s and low 50s. Not bad if it is not real windy, which it is supposed to be again tomorrow. Seems when it is sunny, it is windy. Whne it rains, no wind. Go figure. I am heading out to see if I can get some cleaning done in my entry, if it is not too cold in there. Have a great day and will post more later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  07:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Just a quick note to Tammy. I almost have your swap package done. Just need one more thing to have it ready to send. I promise!

Not much else going on. I planted the start of my veggie garden in my strawbales the other day. Then spent the next day in bed due to fibro. Not fun. I have been doing so well I didn't even think about it. It anyone's me that so little effort can make me feel so bad! I haven't been doing any sewing due to so much homework. I have some big projects I need to get finished.

Tea lady Tammy so sorry about your SIL. I hope it all goes well. I hate to hear of anyone dealing with cancer. Glad you get your summer break. Mine is after June 15.

Peggy, what a delema on the move opportunities. I know how important being close to kids is. But you will be getting lots more rain won't you? I'm sure you will get some kind of an answer. God isn't always so clear though.

Rose fairy Tammy, sorry you have been feeling under the weather. What kind of chocolate should I send? :)

Dianne, good luck on the land. Sounds pretty nice to me. You can do quite a bit with almost 5 acres. Keep us informed.

Well, I have class pretty soon so I better get ready. Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  07:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Just a quick note to Tammy. I almost have your swap package done. Just need one more thing to have it ready to send. I promise!

Not much else going on. I planted the start of my veggie garden in my strawbales the other day. Then spent the next day in bed due to fibro. Not fun. I have been doing so well I didn't even think about it. It anyone's me that so little effort can make me feel so bad! I haven't been doing any sewing due to so much homework. I have some big projects I need to get finished.

Tea lady Tammy so sorry about your SIL. I hope it all goes well. I hate to hear of anyone dealing with cancer. Glad you get your summer break. Mine is after June 15.

Peggy, what a delema on the move opportunities. I know how important being close to kids is. But you will be getting lots more rain won't you? I'm sure you will get some kind of an answer. God isn't always so clear though.

Rose fairy Tammy, sorry you have been feeling under the weather. What kind of chocolate should I send? :)

Dianne, good luck on the land. Sounds pretty nice to me. You can do quite a bit with almost 5 acres. Keep us informed.

Well, I have class pretty soon so I better get ready. Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  07:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, my iPad did some strange auto corrects that I didn't catch. If something looks goofy, blame it on that.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  09:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! We have a wet,cool morning after a very hard t-storm last night.(Glad we got the yard mowed yesterday) Man I don't think the sky could have squeezed in any more black clouds...it was so full. There were layers of dark gray and light gray pillowy clouds over the black that would have made an amazing picture....had I had a (night)camera. Felt like I was in Oz for awhile! *giggle*
So sorry to hear of everyones troubles. Still Praying! So glad God is still on the Throne!
I sent Sarah's package out last Tuesday but haven't heard from her. Hope she got it. She hasn't been on here lately has she?
Saaaaaraaaaaah....come baaaaaa-aaaaack! We miss youuuuuuu! lol
Oh Peggy, you are a stinker! Can't wait to hear who wins the book and see what you tucked in.
Well, off to do something....who knows what....but something....
As Tigger says....TTFN!! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  11:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick note before I shut down my computer. It is thndering out there and getting very dark, think I need to turn on a light. Got 1/2 the entry cleaned out and hope to work on the other half tomorrow.
Sorry for everyone's troubles and aches. Hope tomorrow brings a new light and everyone is feeling better.
I will see , maybe if the storm lets up I can get on here later. Otherwise it takes some time to catch up again.
Have a great afternoon ladies,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  12:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...oh my goodness girl, I hear you on the pain. I had the worst night last night after mowing (which I haven't done in about 10 yrs). I took 2 pain pills and a muscle relaxer and still could not sleep due to the muscle spasms. So, be careful and don't over-do girlfriend!!!!
I don't know what the Lord has in store...but I have learned over the years it can either be a waiting game or everything just moves so quickly you barely have time to think let alone move fast enough to keep up. It kind of reminds me of the Old Testament... when God moved in a pillar of fire by night and pillar of cloud by day. If the Isrealites saw the cloud/or fire move, they had to pack up quickly and follow. Sometimes they would stay a long time at one place in their Journey and sometimes it seemed like they just got everything set-up (all the tents and tabernacle) and the cloud would start to move and they would have to rush to pack it all back up. I believe back then and now, it is a test to see how quick we are to trust and 'follow' Him or how patient we are to trust and 'wait' upon Him. Not always easy...but always exciting to watch/wait/and anticipate.
You are right about Seattle having more rain than us. They get about 3 1/2 more inches of rain per year. That is a concern, that's for sure.

Dianne...the property sounds great! And good thinking on the chance of buying more land later on if someone wants to sell. We will be praying for you...keep us posted on how things progress. Exciting!!

Janet...I was soooooo tired of gloomy weather. I bet you are too. This sunshine is just lovely, that we have had for a few days. I pray you will get some lovely weather soon. Warmer temps and lots of sun...it sure helps elevate the mood and put a smile on your face.

Judy...I am a stinker huh? ;+) I figured it would keep the Mystery going...in more ways than one!
My DH is putting off mowing the front yard. He was going to do it last night, then he was going to do it first thing this morning...now, it's "Well, I will do it later." Later...we are taking his sister out to dinner to try to cheer her up....as she just lost her boy-friend a couple of months ago and she is lonely and depressed. Life is much more fun when you have someone to share it with.
My man, can really put things off when he wants too. But I would still rather be with him and put up with the little anoyances. (sp)Than to be all alone.

Well, back later....
hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 08 2012 12:53:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  12:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi All
I made it back.
It is sunny and warm here today. Thank You peggy and Bunny for sending some sun shaine. LOL

Sharing chocolate would depend on how much chocolate I have. If I have lots I don't mind sharing.

I remember chatting about the swap before life got in the way. Did I get a swap partner that is waiting and waiting and..... Please let me know. I will jump right on it and get her something out.!!! i can't remember if I said sign me up or not. Memory is not what it use to be. LOL

I keep hearing about all the thunderstorms. I love a good thunderstorm. It is good cuddle weather. The house we are looking at doesn't have a big front porch but there is room in the back for nice deck. Might be a good spot to watch the storms roll through.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Since I'm not a big chocolate lover anymore(lost the taste for it in my early 40's....I know....WHAAAAAT???) LOL.....
....but when I happen upon some....EEEEERYBODY wants to be my friend because they know they'll get some. LOLOLOL
So...ya....happy to share chocolate!! ;P
Signed: Abnormal-Gal
*giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  5:50:55 PM  Show Profile
Judy...that is so funny about you losing your taste for choc. in your 40's because that is when
I started craving it with a passion. In fact I have to have something chocolate every day. I think
it would be good if I was more like you. LOL

Dianne...I am with you, if I have lots of Chocolate I will share. But it better be a big bag full or a
big box full or I'm hiding it. Ha ha! E-mailed you on the Swap.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  8:16:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!
It was a wonderful sunny day today here. Took my dd to register for her last class and she had to pay for it. We went lunch and did a little resaling. I had a great time but was very tried when got home. So I took a nap. Katy and I made dinner and then took Little One to the dog park to play. She had a great time and even made a few new friends. My nanny family needs prayer as the basement flooded from all the rain the other night. They 3 kids with no hot water and a bunch of ruined stuff . Like pictures. They called wanting to change my schedule but no luck for them. She didn't even call till alittle before 8. So after talking with her I hurried around my kitchen and made meals for tomorrow and pulled out paper goods. I thought with no hot water that would make things easy. I'll tell you by the end of the day I sure need a muscle relaxer. My back has a dull ache. I guess I need to get in to see the dr. so we can work on this.
Take Care,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  07:07:49 AM  Show Profile
Today I work and had to get up just as the sun was rising. What pretty sight. Today it's around 45,windy and sunny. Dishes put away,wash started before leaving for work. How nice to get up early and get things done. This morning while at work went over Katys bank statements for the last 6 months to see if there is anyway to cut back on something.Also to see what she has spent her money on. Well after a close review. I can't find a thing to cut back on. With only 240.00 a month coming in from work study she did great managing her money. Only charges on her debit card were for gas,food,and 2 postal charges and s 3 trips to the campus coffee house. Im so proud of her. She even saved enough to pay for her class she registered for yeaterday here at the community college. It's the cheapest around at 110.00 per credit hour with other colleges charging between 300.00 and 400.00 per credit hour. The only problem with the community college is that they offer only a few 2 year degress.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  07:37:56 AM  Show Profile
Here in Alaska they closed the community college in Anchorage and merged it with UAA. Great for more tuition bad for low income students.
They have a small Matsu campus which functions like a community college and they try to keep a couple open in some of the smaller communities. And it is the same, only a few 2 year degrees.
At least have such a high jury number that it looks like it will have to be an extremely busy day for them to call me in. So I will get the laundry done.
It is greening up here nicely. The day is cool and a bit misty. I am sure the farmers are happy. Blessings all later

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  08:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

We found out that the property that we wanted has been pending sale since last August. it is suppose to close the end of this month. :( We are still looking. :(

Judy Some days I wish I would lose my taste for chocolate. Then I might lose some weight too. LOL

Peggy It also depends on what kind of chocolate. The cheap chocolate I don't mind sharing. The really good chocolate is harder for me to part with. LOL

Ruth Ann How sad for them to lose pictures. You are wonderful for helping out.

I need to up date on the Cooperative garden My DH and I were working on. It is pretty much not going to happen this year. If you remember pages back I asked for prayer for my friend that fell in a hole. She was the other woman in the co-op. She had to have surgery after all and too make a long story short they have not done anything. In fact all the seed we started have died. My Dh and I have kind of writen it off at least for this year. I will work on a garden at my house. At least we did not invest a lot or sign any contracts. It was a learning experience.

But all news is not bad.
We are headed to Portland OR. This weekend to help out some friends with their Alpacas. We have helped befor at other shows and it is lots of fun. Plus there will be a fiber fair as well. Lots of Alpace fiber to look at and play with. :)

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  10:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
CHOCOLATE? LOVE it, no ifs ands or buts about it. anybody ever try that wonderful, hazelnut flavored Nutella?? my hubby got addicted to it by eating pretzel sticks with it. They advertise it on tv eating it on bread, good grief, why would you spread candy on bread and make kids hyper? not a good idea at all!
But ya, back to the original question...would i share my chocolate? ya, cause i can go get some more anytime i want it. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, LOVE Nutella!!!! All most as much as Cadbury fruit and nut bars.
At their ages my kids can buy their own chocolate.
Dew the alpacas thing sounds like great fun. Someone up here has llamas but they live quite a ways out in the boonies. Sorry to hear about the property thing. Praying that the right thing presents itself way better than the first.
Bunny and Peg, take good care of yourselves. Big hugs and later.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  6:56:28 PM  Show Profile
Got a wonderful package from Janet. Thank You. I will try to a picture tomorrow.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  7:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Howdy girls,
Just brought some brownies and chocolate tea. As you can see I have not given up my love for chocolate...hehe I don't think I will ever lose that..hahahah Judy just had to giggle at you losing that taste and thought oh dear

Thank you for all the prayers for my son in law. The surgury on Monday went well. They did not have to take as much as they thought and the second ultra sound does not show any more cancer in the body but in two weeks he will be on a treatment plan. The cancer he has comes in two forms and the one he has will not respond to radiation as they hoped so he will be on chemo. He is a bean pole and they are concerned how he will handle the chemo. I said God will look after him as he always does

I only have 4 and half days left with my dear butterflies....but it is time for summer and I am so ready.

Had my second crochet lesson and had a blast working on learning the single crochet stitch and my chains passed..hehehe My camera is not working so can't post picture yet.

well ladies the tea kettle is singing her sweet song so I am off to grab a cup of chocolate tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  8:10:52 PM  Show Profile
I love my chocolate also. I always tell hubby that it's a woman thing. I usually have Hershey bars in the cupboard for when the urge strikes. We finally saw sun today, but it was cold with the wind. Supposed to be nice for the next few days now. Feel so much better when the sun is out. Gives me more energy. Right now it is only 37, so will probably get below freezing before dawn. I hope to get some of my veggie seeds planted tomorrow. The flower seeds that I planted over a week ago are coming up now, that is a good thing to see.
Ruthie, hope you like what I sent. It is not much, mostly handmade things. The cd discs is a suncatcher, when you hang it, it will spin and the sun will make it sparkle rainbows. I put them on my camper for decorations.
Tammy, I am sure you are ready for a summer break from school. Do you have a garden to keep you busy in the summer?
Dianne, Hoping you find the perfect place soon. Sorry the other one did not work out for you.
Netty, what great gifts you recieved!!! Aren't swaps fun and exciting?
Well, off to get ready for bed. I have so much I want to get done tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  12:46:25 AM  Show Profile

Here are some more pretties from my yard. If we do move, I will really miss this yard.

Netty...very c.u.t.e. things from Julie. Oh, swaps are soooo much fun!!

Ruthie...I miss getting up when the sun-rises. I use to see it a lot when I worked but not too many in the last 10 yrs. To me...it was always like God saying
"Good Morning! Look at the picture I'm painting for you this morning!" Always an'Awe Moment'.

College is way too expensive...I don't care if it is a Jr. College or an Ivy League School...and everything in between. We should not have to pay for higher education in this Country. I see too many kids and parents get financially strapped with huge school loans...and then after 4 yrs and the kids graduate...they still don't know what they want to do when they grow up....or they can't get jobs in their field of choice. The entire subject drives me crazy!!!! Glad that is all behind me now.

Dianne...I hope you weren't terribly disappointed about that property. I always feel like if God shuts a door then there is something better just around the corner. Hang in there girl...you'll find it.

I agree with you on the Cheap Chocolate too. I can share that easier.
Speaking of Chocolate my youngest & his fiance' went to the Saturday/Sunday Market in Portland last Sunday and they brought me back a Truffle from Moonstruck Chocolates and a pkg of Moonstruch Hot Chocolate. I ate the truffle right away but I still have the hot chocolate in the cupboard. Sounds like a yummy bed-time drink tonight. Hold on girls I am going to put the tea-kettle on. I'll be right back.
~ back!
Believe it or not we have a Frost Warning tonight...in May???? That is crazy and this wknd we are suppose to hit 90 degrees. Such weird weather happening around the Country...huh?

Have any of you ever had Moonstruck Chocolates??? They are made in Portland Oregon and they are soooo Good! Those and Godiva Chocolates are my favorite. Then there is another Choc. made in Seattle that I love too, but can't think of the name at the moment. They specialize in the choc. carmel & seasalt. So, they satisfy both your sweet and your salt cravings in one mouthful. So, yummy!

I just got my cuppa hot cocoa. It looks like a really dark cocoa, smells heavenly, but is too hot to drink yet. I have no marshmellows so I added a bit of french vanilla coffee creamer in it.

Patsy...I am probably the only person on the Planet who doesn't like Nutella. It's because I don't like hazelnuts. Which is crazy because they grow plentifully around here. I love a lot of different nuts but there are a few that don't taste good to me. The other is walnuts (which I am allergic too) but they always taste bitter. I think I mentioned this before.

Dew...you will be close to Bunny and me if you are coming to Portland. Closer to me than Bunny actually, as I just live across the river. Have a good time with your friends and the alpacas.

Madame Butterfly...you and the butterflies...all deserve a nice summer break.

Hope the SIL handles the chemo better than anyone expects. Being thin doesn't help though...but God can make the difference.
Thanks for the brownies and choc. tea.
Glad to hear the crocheting is going well. How was your second week at this Bible Study???

Ohhhhhh, this cocoa is delicious girls!!! Yumo!

Janet...yes, choc. is a woman's thang! LOL
Hershey bars would not settle my choc. craving unless there was no other kind for miles around and I was desperate.
I guess because I kind of look at candy bars different than real chocolate.
Call me Crazy...
As long as you like it, that's what counts girl.

Those CD suncatchers sound fun! Do you string several together or just one? I like anything that makes rainbows.

Well, my lovelies...I am going to take my half of cuppa choc. back to my room and grab my kindle and read.

Sweet Chocolate
Dreams and lolli-pop kisses,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  09:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Angela- I got some tires yesterday! Now I've got the 3rd tire on and 3 more waiting. A lady down the street says she has some more and is happy we took them because there is a $5 disposal fee for each tire.

Janet- I have a push reel mower and I use it in the area with the swing set and sandbox and our outside sitting around chairs. I love the way it sounds, though the dog likes to attack the wheels when I'm using it.

Peggy- I'm still reading Game of Thrones. It has some crude stuff but not much and I've learned to get the gist and skip over it. Still on the first book but I think I will hang in there. There are quite a few characters and I get them mixed up some. It is fine to wait on the yard getting mowed. I do it all the time! We don't have regular grass out here. We have to wear a mask when mowing because of everything that gets mowed or kicked up. DH mowed a lot the past week and was sick with allergies for days after. Last year he had pneumonia after mowing. I tell him, as long as the front and the little we use in the back is mowed then that is plenty.

Dianne- Lol! Yes, those kiddos (DD and DH) have a hard time keeping their hands to themselves when pretty, pretty packages arrive. My goodness! It's not everyday you read about people falling in holes. Sometimes it's best to wait things out and then they will turn out better. I'm not good at waiting, but I hear it's a good thing to do. ha ha

Netty- Glad you got your package. How are your tomato plants doing? I love tomato plants. They are one thing I can successfully grow.

Bunny- A strawbale garden sounds neat. I hope you'll post pics.

This week we've had rain everyday. I admit I'm happy for it. The previous week we were already seeing some temps in the 90s. I was not feeling good about getting a spring garden. Hopefully this rain will pull the plants through to a point they can produce successfully. We have lots of tomatoes growing and should soon be ready to harvest. I've found a couple of watermelons. There's also some beans and cucumber. A few corn, but I'm not having high hopes for it. The rabbit soil has helped a lot.

With the rain I've been staying home and been in a sewing mood. That and Hobby Lobby had patterns for 99 cents this week. I'll finish a basic elastic waist skirt today. I'm also in a clutter dumping mood. This is probably due to following the daily cleaning chore on FlyLady. It's a simple thing. The other day was to clean the stove real good. Yesterday was wiping down the kitchen cabinets. I haven't looked at today's. I feel we're on path to getting the house back in order in more ways than one. It's a good thing with summer approaching. I'm also wanting to change the look of the living room furniture. I don't know if you remember the MJF issue where they used painter drop cloths to make a slipcover for a chair. I would like to try that. One place that needs to be cleaned first is the craft area. I can't create when there seems to be yarn breeding all over the place. It's like rabbits!

I got a video the other day of the kittens at 2 weeks old. Here's the link if you want to see them. http://youtu.be/6_Thopq2zIU

Ok girls, I'm off to work on sewing.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  11:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Peg, love the lilacs. They grow pretty good up here but I just have not taken the plunge and gotten one. I am a bit afraid that the moose might chomp them to bits. As it is they devastated the smaller trees around the house some of which are better than 3 inches across, they bit them in two.
Up here regardless of the rain or lack thereof, its do what ever you can in the yard right now. I usually do my sewing really early in the am.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  2:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Everyone

Patsy I have never tried Nutella. I will have to now that you and Cherime say it is good.

Tea Lady Tammy Good news about your SIL. I will keep him in prayer as he goes through Chemo.

Peggy I was kind of depressed at first, but God lifted my spirt. I refuse to let the devil win!!! God will have the perfect place available in His time. His timing is always perfect. mine not so much. LOL

Ok Peggy I am headed to Portland this weekend. Where is Moonstruck Chocolate? I am so there!!!
I will be driving right by Bunny. That is the freeway we take to get to Portland.
We are hopping to get out of here early enough to stop at Multnomah Falls. My future SIL has never seen it.

Julie I hate waiting too. Fortunatly God knows that. We put the Alpaca thing off as way too expensive (and it can be) a few years ago. Now that the Co-op thing is not going to happen God has brought the Alpacas back around and it looks like it might be a good time.

I need to finish up and get out side it is beautiful out today. I am off at 3:30pm today and the rest of the school year. The after school part of my job is all done. Except the paper work. I hate paper work!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page