Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  4:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I sent your swap package today. Hopefully you will get it on Monday. Hope you like everything.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  4:35:44 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I sent your swap package today. Hopefully you will get it on Monday. Hope you like everything.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  4:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Sorry for the repeat. My iPad is being strange.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  7:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all. I finally got to work outside today, so that made me more energetic and very happy. It got to 55, a bit breezy, but nothing like it was. Got most of my veggies and herbs planted, was out there for 6 hours. Then when done, I grilled hamburgers on the grill. They were so good. Supposed to be nice for the next week now, I am so happy for that!!!
More tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  7:38:02 PM  Show Profile
hello my sweet ones,
It was a beautiful day here. The warm sun at recess just made me smile as I watched giggling butterflies run with their wings. They are so ready for break.

Peggy, I received the book about the cat and the post office from you and that box held all kinds of surprises. You sweet thing...you made my day and I will get started on reading it after I finish Prayers for Sale. That is an excellent story. I am deep into it. About an older lady and young lady becoming friends accidently and sharing life. Bible study was good. We will be starting the Patriarchs in two weeks. We didn't get to watch the last video for our Psalm study. I tell you they are just the sweetest ladies. I know God set my butterfly wings and I am making new friends. I am proud of myself for taking a leap of faith and going even though I didn't know anyone.

Bunny how are you last days of school going? Hopefully you will be done soon. ARe you taking summer classes or taking a much needed break.

My herb garden is starting to take off and my strawberries are coming along nicely. I am thankful they are forgiving considering I am not blessed with a green thumb...

well time for tea and some crocheting.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  01:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Lovely Porchies...

Julie...I picked the Game of Thrones back up and read at least halfway through the first book. And then put it down for good again. There were only a few Characters I liked...so, I kept asking myself if I liked them enough to commit to 5 or 6 books about them...and I decided I didn't. Most people I have talked to have quit when they hit book three. It seems like those that finished all of them, were totally hooked.
You'll have to let me know how far you go with the series and what you thought of it.

Cherime...I love lilacs but am allergic to their scent...so can't bring them in the house. But love them out of doors...where I don't have to have my nose right next to them.

Dianne...if you will google Moonstruck Chocolate...it will show you a map on how to get there and then you can just print it off.
Let me know what you think.
Multnomah Falls is so beautiful and a must stop. When our kids turned 13 my husband would take them into those ice-cold waters at the bottom of the falls and they would have to swim out to the falls and go behind it. It was so cold from the winter snow...that I am surprised my husband (and kids) didn't get hypothermia. My husband called it their 'Right Of Passage' into their teens. I say, my husband was NUTS!
Now, they don't let anyone swim in those waters anymore...it is all fenced off I believe.
One time when we were there this guy had his dog out in that water and the dog would dive down to the bottom and bring up small bolder size rocks in his mouth. It was amazing!
Enjoy your trip!

Hey Bunny...you were a woman of few words today!

Janet...good for you for getting your veggies and herbs planted today.

Tammy...WOW girlfriend...you got that pkg fast!!!
You are going to have to let everyone know what all I put in your pkg. cuz I know Judy at least wants to know. I hope you liked the mug I bought you...I thought it was so cute!
I read the book Prayers for Sale for my book club about a year and a half ago. It is really a great book!
I am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone and getting connected with this new group of women in Bible Study.

I made it to teach mine tonight. Which was so great! Most of the Women in this study I have been teaching for 23 years, I first met...the same way you just met your group. I didn't know anyone in this area, but we had visited a Church that announced in their bulletin that they had a weekly women's bible study.
So, wanting to connect with other Christian women...I called the Church office and asked if you had to be a member of their church to join? They said, no anyone was welcome...so, I went not knowing one person. I stayed in that group for 7 yrs and then a couple women...who were from the same group asked me if I would be willing to teach an in home...smaller group. They didn't really like the big Church group and wanted a more intimate study group. So, I prayed about it (for 6 months...before God directed me to say yes!). So, for 3 or 4 years...I taught the small 7 Women Group, then I started teaching the Large Church Group too, and I taught a couple women in my neighborhood. 3 studies a week for 4 yrs. Then I had to give up two of them...as I needed to go back to work to help out the Family financially.
I kept the small intimate group...and we started meeting at night. At our largest we had 22 women...but have settled in to a comfortable 12 faithful women over all these yrs. We now have daughters from some of the original 7. And I hope someday...we have their daughters too.
I pray that you will find...that same kind of "safe-refuge", safe place to share your faith, and draw closer to God and closer to this group of women. It can be an amazing experience that will change your life forever.

Well, I guess I am off to bed to read a book that another Farm sister sent to me. It is called "The Dressmaker" about a gal who came over on the Titanic. Looking forward to another titanic read.

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  08:22:22 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies,
Im up later today and moving slow. Did take the dog for a walk. Lanudry going and dishes are put away. I did get the second job but not as many hours as I thought it would be but none the less some extra money. I'll be there 7 hours a day and I get a flat rate of 75.00 a day. The job is not hard . I'll be watching that the elderly lady is safe and doesn't wander off. I will help her with meals and some days she will sleep all day. Im excited.
So Im wondering what you girls think about this. I went to Aldi's for a few groceries. The line was long and they opened another line. So I was next in the long line and moved to the newly opened line. The cashier had a mop and bucket and she said I'll be right back. So that was fine . Im thinking she's going to put that awa be right back. No that didn't happen. She went to the office to count another cashiers drawer. While I stood there 15 minutes waiting. When I said to her this isn't right I had to wait while you were in the office . She responsed well you'd still be waiting over in the other line. I was hot after that but I got my groceries and left. But the nerve of her never to sorry or anything. Just you'd still be standing in the other line. I think that was so rude. What does anyone else think? I don't understand why people have to be so rude.
Off to sort, pack snd stack,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on May 11 2012 09:41:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  08:33:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Peggy, I just haven't had much going on to talk about. Been kinda down lately. Really missing a home of my own. My mom just drives me crazy.
I have had enough homework and just feeling lousy to keep me out of the sewing room this week. I am headed down to the local animal shelter today to start volunteering. I really need something other than school to get me out of the house. I'm hoping it will jump start my pet sitting business too. Still no customers.

Tammy, I'm out of school for the summer on June 15. I don't have money left for classes and need the summer to find some extra work.

My accounting teacher got a talking to from his boss finally. He was really rude to another student and she wrote to his boss and complained. I have really noticed a difference. It was beginning to be the joke in class that I couldn't ask a question without an attitude from him. But that has stopped.

So that's all for now. I do read everything almost every day. I say prayers for you guys when the chips are down. Have a great weekend!

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  10:24:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning All

It is sunny and warm and beautiful today. Spring has arrived. YEA!!!

Peggy I will google it. after all it is Mother'sDay weekend. I deserve chocolate. LOL

Ruth Ann she was rude. She should never have opened the checkstand if she was not going to stay there and work. That is how it was when I worked at a grocery store.

Bunny I am glad your teacher got put straight. It is hard enough to go back to college with out having to put up with a teacher with a bad
attitude.

We are off to Portland this weekend. I will find that chocolate shop. LOL
It will be a quick but fun trip. Peggy we will be right across the water from you. we are at the Portland Expo building.

Have a great wekend everyone

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  10:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone. I've been working on crocheted dishcloths. I love crocheted dishcloths. And dh loves them too cause when they are made with cotton yarn they can be used to take the pans out of the oven and not get burned.
My neice is healing well. And haven't heard about my nephew's court date. I just hope someday the rift can be mended. Which understandably I dont see happening any time soon.

On a happier note. I have my great nephew visiting for a couple days. Well from last night til tomorrow. He's 3 months old and is such a lovebug. He cried for almost an hour before realizing his mommy isn't here. So he's blessed us with coos and smiles. And yesterday I was asked by a friend of mine if I would watch her 3 young children for a couple months while she moves out of state and gets settled..I said Absolutely. So this weekend we should be getting a 4 almost 5 year old girl and 3 year old TWIN BOYS. I had all girls, so the boys will be different to have. Her friends are like Do you trust her? Will she give them back? My friend said ABSOLUTELY. And yes I will give them back..lol..When we were having a hard time in life and moved to another state trying to get on our feet. A dear friend of ours took our kids in without hesitation and then took us in. So how could I do anything less..And why should she have to worry about her kids during this move and not knowing where she will end up. I understand. Plus when my brother in law had some troubles and his ex wife gave up custody of their kids ad he was in jail, we lost contact with our neice and nephews. One neice was adopted out and moved out of state..So we had and still have to wait til they turn 18 1 by 1 to find us. It just crushed me. And my friend's mom took her 17 year old daughter while she was at work, so she doesn't trust her mom to give the kiddos back. Anyhow, I'm gonna be a busy,busy mama. Will catch up on reading and replying.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  11:46:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi girlies,
sneaking to the porch for a resprite from butterflies as they are at music. Good gracious me are they excited today.

Peggy tell me how you like the dressmaker I have that on my nook wish list. I will post later all the goodies you sent me. I can't remember right now being at school. But I absolutely adore the teacup. So very cute and so me.

Ruthie Ann I have been praying for you...glad to see you on here.

Debbie, I am learning crochet right now and I think the dishcloths are beautiful.

well I best skedaddle for now. Butterflies will be returning shortly.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  11:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey, ladies! I know I have been MIA again, and I apologize for that! It's been a very crazy couple of weeks here! The closing on the house got pushed back because of the USDA backlog. But, I was approved, so it's just a matter of the paperwork being drawn up and submitted and all that.

I had some wonderful news when I got to work... I pulled my emails up and found that a friend I have been trying to contact since Josh and I got engaged received my email! He responded this morning. I have never met him face to face, but he's a family friend. Four years ago, when I told him that my father passed, he emailed me and the words were so beautiful that I read his email at Daddy's funeral. We lost touch shortly after that, but with a lot of work, praying and waiting, I found him!

Well, it's been busy at work because we have been so short handed, so I better keep this short. I will try to get back to everyone ASAP but it might be a while.

Talk to you girls later!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  12:15:45 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh Peg, I don't like anything hazelnut either or black walnut....I couldn't even tell you why. Just not my taste preference. We hang old CD's in our garden every summer. It's fun to watch the sun/light show as the breezes "Zing' flashes of color around the garden and on the walls and wooden fence. At night it looks like Alien-Eyes staring at us across the yard. Really funny. We get lots of comments from the neighbors. "Oh, you live at the house with the CD's in the garden." I tell them,"Yup, most folk listen to their CD's...we watch ours!" haha
Julie, I love my Reel mower too. It's fun to use and so quiet...but gives you a nice work-out. All I could say while watching the kitty video was...awwwwww, so cute, so sweet, gimmee,gimmee!I had tears of love in my eyes when it was over. Thanks for giving me that!
TLTammy, soooooo, you got the cat mystery. Can't wait to see what else was tucked in with it. Post pics please!! hahaha Enquiring minds want to know...Peg knows me! *giggle*
I took Mama shopping and out to eat yesterday. It started at 2 and I got home at 9:30. ~whew~ We wre tired. I'm exhausted...so is she today. But we had fun. Wait til I show yuns the pasta machine I got for $10.00. Amazing. After I put it in my cart another gal about my age said, she'd take it if I didn't want it. I said, "No, I have wanted one since my mid 20's, I'm keeping it." She proceeded to tell me that her daughter just bought her one for mothers day and they had made pasta with it the night before and it was wonderful. She told me it was a $70.00 machine and told me how to use it, clean it, gave me HER recipe and talked about it with me for about 15 minutes. She was Slovakian and made all her own pastas and pastries and was proud of it.She was "Passionate" about her life and hobbies.I told her I liked to do that too and mentioned the Farmgirl group. I could hardly get a word in, she was so chatty. But I loved it all. hahaha
So, I'm moing slow but steady today and am a little achy and stiff. Funny what a day shopping can do to you... *giggle* ...and aging!
In my younger days I could shop til I dropped....wait....that's kinda what happened this time too...just not in the same way! I dropped BECAUSE I shopped! ROFL Oh well, have a great day Gals! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  2:21:57 PM  Show Profile
Ok, here's my Goodwill $10 pasta machine and my 2 Latte Cups w/Saucers at $2.50 each. The blue one is hand-painted.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  2:24:02 PM  Show Profile
nope...not working today.... weird!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  4:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann, I recieved my package today, I will post pictures tomorrow. I love all of it!!!! Did you make those? Very nice!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!! I will treasure them forever. More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  5:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, it's been awhile since I've been on the Porch...I check in often (or at least, I try to!) but I don't always have the energy to respond. Apparently thyroid is still kicking my butt. Or maybe I'm just too busy & not going to bed early enough :p. Could be both as well. Anyhow. You ladies are always in my prayers regardless! Our ladies night is done, got the dresses done, thanks to my Mom, and now I don't think I have anything to worry about making for a couple of months...oh wait, I still want to do something handmade for my friend's wedding. I kind of get a "long wknd" this wknd, since I have Monday off for a dr appt 2 hrs away (from when I had my tonsils out back in February). Maybe I'll get something done in the afternoon as well.

My brother & his wife had a baby girl on the 4th. My sister is going down next wknd to see them, but I can't (or rather, I'm choosing not to) go as I made plans two months ago to housesit, and for my friend to come out & see me. I was going to plant the garden at my cousin's with her, but now she has to work :(, so I'm not sure when we'll get together for that. Maybe I'll just plant my stuff in my pots on my patio.

I am so tired tonight - well all week I've been tired. My Mom texted me & wanted to know if I would like to go to the Shrine Circus with them, she'd pay for my ticket if I want to go tomorrow. But I'm supposed to be going to the States with a friend, and then I have to make cookies (not sure which ones - molasses or thimble) for church on Sunday (it's technically for Wednesday, but I can't get them there on Wednesday), plus laundry & some activities for next week. So I don't think I'm going to go. I also want to clean up my apartment since it's been sadly neglected for a few weeks. I really need to start following my cleaning schedule & stick to it! At least then that way, it would be presentable for the most part!

Well, I better go & do something productive, even though all I really want to do is sit on the couch & veg. And find something to eat....but that means I have to clean up my disaster area of a kitchen lol. I wish there was a dish fairy who came & did the dishes every day. The rest I wouldn't complain about...but I despise dishes. Maybe because I stare at a wall the whole time, and it seems to take forever since I have a teeny tiny counter & I have to wash, dry, put away after like 5 dishes. Oh well. At least I have dishes & food to dirty them, right?

Night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  9:15:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow, I just need to relax here. Seems like things have been non-stop crazy since my uncle died. I ended up with a migraine (the first in a while), and then Wednesday I had to have oral surgery. I took a heavy box to the face a while back and it turns out I need some reconstruction done. Yikes!

In positive news, it looks like Ric is going to be a permanent hire at his new job. This past week, his boss sent him to a special training session. Not many people were chosen to go since it cost the company $2000 per person. I told him that no company on earth would spend that kind of money on someone they didn't plan to keep around!

I hope to be here more often now that I am starting to feel better! Love my farm girl sisters!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  12:07:17 AM  Show Profile

Our Scotty Terrier Snickers...out enjoying the backyard with me.

Evening Porchies...
Bringing some Strawberry Sweet Tea To The Porch tonight along with some scones drizzeled with choc.

Ruthie...Glad you got the second job. Hope you don't work yourself too hard. Some times Elderly people can be harder work than children.
I think the cashier was very rude to you...but who knows exactly what happened in her day...to trigger that response. I would just pray for her.

Bunny Hunny...we always love to hear from you no matter what is or isn't happening in your life.
I hear you about your business...my husband has tried to get back into Process Serving and hasn't had any luck with that either. Maybe your Volunteer work will be just what you need to kick-start your pet sitting.
Finally someone got through to that mean and onery teacher of yours. So glad he has stopped the attitude!

Netty...hope you are feeling better tonight.

That was a very interesting concept for planting carrots.
Let us know how it works for you.

This is the first time in years that I am not going to plant a garden. With not knowing if we will be moving or not.

Dianne...You do deserve some Moonstruck choc. for Mother's Day...or any day for that matter!!! lol

I have gone to many Events at the Expo Center. It can be kind of crazy with the parking there and getting on and off the island. I will be praying for you.

Debbie...I knit dishclothes with the Peaches and Cream cotton yarn. It is one of my favorite things to do to relax at night. So, I am sure you enjoy crocheting them too.

Enjoy your great nephew this weekend.

That is really generous of you to watch those children...you have a very helpful heart!

Miss Miranda...goodness girl, was about to send the Porch Possie after you! You showed up just in time! lol

That is neat that you were able to re-unite with your friend.

Keep us posted on the house.

Judy...I am going to have to try that CD thing. Then everybody can tell me I'm the Crazy Lady With The CD's in my garden. LOL Can't let you and Patsy have all the fun!

Nice find on the $10.00 Pasta Machine!!!! If the other Lady had one that her daughter bought her...why did she want another one? Glad that you hung onto it girl! They are so cool!

Julie...Judy was right, that kitty video was so stinken cute. You know me, I am a dog person...but I do think those kitties of yours are adorable.

Jan...we can't wait to see what Ruthie sent to you!!! More fun!

Pam...well hello girl...you have been MIA for a bit too.
Thyroid can be such a problem to control and it can just be an "energy-sucker".

Sounds like you are going to be a really busy girl this weekend. Have fun with all you activities.

Alyce...congrats to Ric on the permanent job.
We hope you get to The Porch more often too. We miss you all when you don't drop in for awhile. Even if you are lurcking (reading but not posting).
Glad that you are feeling better.

Not much happened here today but my youngest has plans for my Mother's Day. He keeps everything a surprise until the last minute. Which is OK because I love surprises.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND TO ALL MY LOVELY PORCHIES!!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  05:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Pam, long time no...ummmm....hear from? LOL Good to hear from you. *giggle*
Peg, I too wondered why she wanted another pasta machine.....large family?...gift?...dunno!
Let's see if it will let me upload the pic today. Every once in awhile it just won't let me.

Nope...still won't let me...weird...I sent a pic to Patsy...maybe she can show you...

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 12 2012 05:34:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  07:46:45 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! Hope everybody is enjoying this sunshine we're having here, at least for the morning. It's been a very busy week. I went to a spinning class Tuesday night and learned to work with the spindle. They had me use the roving from my first wheel spinning class as they said that the yarn she sent was going to take some prep to work. She must have had it a while and it was compacted together so I'll have to separate it to use it. I've done 2 spindles already. Really enjoying using it although I still want to get a wheel and master that.

I may have a part time cleaning job! The cleaner that we have at the Army office had started doing a doctor's office for a friend of hers but her back and neck can't handle it so she asked if I'd be interested. She thinks it's a sure thing so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She's talking about starting my training Tuesday. It will probably be 3 days a week, she's only doing 2 but she was offered 3 but didn't think she could handle 3, starting at 5:30. The job allows 4 hours for completion, she's been doing it in 3 or so hours. It would fit in perfect if I get it.

Yesterday I cleaned the Jeep out so I could transfer everything in the Montana, my other vehicle, to the Jeep. Today's plan is to get the Montana cleaned out so I can have the man post it for sale. I'm also going to the knitting store so hopefully they can help me get this hat I've been working on finally completed. I feel horrible it's taken me this long. I know how to do an I-cord but they have it being attached to the edging and the directions aren't making sense. Once I finish the I-cord edging on it and put the tassles on it I'll be done!

Big news - my son is coming home on leave Monday night!!! I won't get to see him until Tuesday or maybe Wednesday if I start the cleaning job but at least he'll be in town !!!! I'm so excited.

Bunny - I can't wait to see what you sent! I should be getting yours out soon. I apologize. With all the job interviews and everything else it's been hard.

PeggyAnn - I've never tried sublingual, I take tablet form. Might try it though when I finish up this bottle. I know sublingual absorbs better. I get very anemic because I bleed so heavy which is why I think I may need to add iron. They have that liquid form you add to water that's not supposed to have so many side affects so maybe I'll try that and see if it helps. I'll probably only use it one week a month.

Well I need to get some cleaning done before I take off for the knit store. Here's a pic of my first batch of spindle spinnings. I find I have much better control with the spindle then I did with the wheel so maybe it will help when I go back to the wheel.

I hope everybody has an awesome Mother's Day tomorrow. Haven't heard anything from my brats but they may be waiting for Matthew to get here next week.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, Snickers is adorable!

Tammy, the spinning looks great! I think I am going to relax with my spinning and watch the Brewers game. Great news about your son too!

The swelling is almost gone today, whew! Now if the stitches would just hurry up and dissolve. I took a look at them last night and well--I am glad Dr. B. is an oral surgeon. I sure wouldn't trust him as a tailor!

How is everyone's Saturday?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  1:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Alyce...wouldn't trust him as a tailor....that's funny!
RFMTammy, I'm so happy that you are enjoying spinning.
We are having such a gorgeous day today and the birdies have been singing their little heads off outside alllll day!
Love spring!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  3:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Blessings all. Been a busy weekend and more to come. Finally got some starts going and they are doing nicely.
later all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  7:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day my sisters!!!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page