Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 663

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  1:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello girls, My daughter was home from school today due to a teacher inservice meeting, was nice to be with her until 2:30 then she was off to work until 5:00. I know she will be going to bed early she was up late vegging out with her friends.

It sure sounds like everyone is keeping busy on here. I bought my tomato plants yesterday and was wanting to plant today. Weather says different, wind blowing, raining off and on and kinda cool. So maybe tomorrow I can get out. Temp. is 58, the wind makes it feel cooler.

I did get my apron finished I was working on, when my daughter gets home maybe she can help me put a pic. of it on here. I am thinking about teaching myself to knit. I bought a starter book so we will see what happens. I knew I should of kept my mothers knitting needles, I bet I can stir some up around here somewhere.
There is a lady in town, she owns the yarn store, said I could come in on Wed. afternoons and she would help me all I needed. I might take her up on it. I asked her if it bothered carpal tunnel and she said she has it and it does not bother her like crocheting does. I wonder why... I guess I will find out when I start.

Be talking to ya all later.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy no worries. I'm still trying to decide what to send. Have patience with me.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  3:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lynette...the owner of the yarn store is right. Knitting doesn't bother me as much as crocheting does. There is more circular wrist action with crocheting unless you crochet over handed. I crochet under-handed which is more of the old fashion way, so I hear.
You should go into her shop on Wednesdays, I bet she has a knitting group that meets then. Those kind of groups are so much fun. I have one that goes on every summer and we have the best time together.
Can't wait to see your Apron! I don't sew (except by hand) so, I love to see everyones sewing projects.

RSF Tammy...Ok, I am coming to your house for Pork Chops! I am so hungry for some. My husband isn't a pork eater...but I do buy myself some once in awhile. I love Pork ribs, pork chops, pork steak and pork roast. OK...now, you made me hungry!

Angela...I agree, do not mess with those lumps you and your hubby have. Especially your husbands. That does sound like MRSA to me too. That is nothing to ignore or mess around with.

Patsy...got your cute little paper tea-cup and tea today. Thanks so much!

Debbie...the book The Quilters Apprentice sounds good. I will have to check that out. Not that I don't have enough to read at the moment...but I am always loving recommendations on good reads.

Jan...like I said in my email, we will miss you and hope that you won't have to stay away long.
Our blessings and prayers go with you.

Well, hubby and I went to look at some more Apts today. Kind of depressing. The ones I like go for what we are renting for right now which is $950.
The more affordable ones down in the $750. are all 15 to 20 year old units. No modern up-grades at all. I don't need fancy...I can make any place a home but a little newer (or atleast renovated) would be better since my husband swears this WILL BE OUR LAST MOVE! I'm pretty sure he is serious! LOL
I always say, "Never, say Never!"
Keep us in your prayers girls!

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  7:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jan, I certainly understand having too much going on. Summer in Alaska if go til you drop time because we have so little time to get stuff done. Went out and cut up a bit more to the stove wood to usable lengths today. Pacing myself and stacking what I cut. Then I quit before I push it too far.
Peg, that is a real problem these days with so many people having to rent after having lost their homes.
Sarah, below is a photo of the floor. I took OSB, oriented strand board and sanded off all the printing on them cut them in half, stained them and put polyurethane, the heavy duty bar kind on them and installed them with a thin strip of darker stained wood between the strips. It is holding up really well and is easy to clean. I made the shelves of heavy plywood and pre made legs the bottom ones 16" high with two layers of 8" legs add up to the right height kitchen counter for me. The legs cannot move out of position as the are drilled and large finishing nails pin them into the bottom shelf. The big drawer beneath the sink holds pot lids and cleaning supplies and slides fully out on large casters and the front two lock to keep it in place. I have two oak rub rails on either side so that the drawer slides in easily.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  9:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy have you checked Craigslist? I checked it out and saw lots of places in Vancouver for under $850.00 a month. Small pets allowed.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  01:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, we did look at one off of Craig's List today, very close to where we live. It was advertised as a two bedroom, 1 bath, small dog for $795. just under 1,000 square feet. When we got there...it wasn't going to be available until the end of May. It was on the 3rd floor, and was really only 1 and 1/2 bedrooms. She said the second bedrooms were so small you would have to use them for a sewing room or small office. The Pet deposit was 350.00 and you had to pay pet rent of $20.00 per month on top of that. Non of it worked for us. We looked at two other places today...but will check more out another day. I only have the energy to do a couple per day.
We do use Craigs list alot. But thanks for being vigelent on my behalf.

My son and husband actually work for a Property Management Co. That is how we got this house. We looked at one of their Apartment Units today...brand new, gorgeous...I would have moved in...in a heart beat but the Owner just upped the rents because she only has 3 units left. She had them fairly reasonable I guess when she first wanted renters in her new place...but now she has to make up the difference by raising higher rents to off-set the lower ones. Oh, well wasn't meant to be.

Hey Cherime...want to come build us a house? LOL You are Miss Handy Dandy I swear girl!!!!

Just got done babysitting my gran-dog again tonight. Those boys are so cute!!!!

OK...off to bed to finish a great read. It is called The Camel Club by David Baldauci (sp). A real government, CIA, Special Ops Thriller.

Night Ladies...Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 28 2012 01:12:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  06:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peg, I am having enough trouble getting this one whipped into shape. ;>) And unfortunately I need a new roof over my portion of the house this summer. It is in the shade and I now have tons of moss after this last winter. You wouldn't think the stuff would grow under the snow but it does.
Praying for a place for you.
Broke down and got a IPhone but have to keep most of the services off. I need to be able to take credit cards for bazaars and my phone co. had a deal I couldn't say no to. They had some IPhone 4's hanging around that did not talk to you and with the 2 yr contract they were only $50. Now on the hunt to determine which card swipe service to go with. Today's thing to get done.
Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  08:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I cannot believe I actually got this on and I don't know if I will ever be able to do it again.

I got tired of waiting for my daughter to do it or I would forget to ask her to do it.

I had fun putting this together. As you can see there are chickens and roosters and the chicken wire material for the pockets. It seems you can find any kind of material these days.

Oh by the way, I do have shorts on.

Netty

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  08:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good one Netty! I know about waiting and then in the heat of other things the thing you really wanted done goes by the wayside.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  10:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherie, I'm waiting on the one for Paypal. It's not out yet but soon. You might check it out. Let me know what you come up with. I want one for my farmers market selling.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  1:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bunny, I went with square because they do not do a credit check on you and Intuit does. After filing bankruptcy when DH passed, I probably would not pass Intuit's credit check. I will let you know how this pans out. I googled square v intuit and got Business Weekly and a comparison of the two. That's how I found about the credit check bit.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  2:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty...cute and so adorable apron. You do look like you worked up a sweat tho!!! LOL

Cherime...can't you just spray a moss remover on your roof?? We Get moss all the time here.
And we spray our Patios and roofs, everything not growing to get it off. I will have to
take a picture of one of my moss covered azaleas. It's so sad!

Bunny...good luck on the business credit card slider. How are your aprons coming along?

Well, did some much needed house work today...now, I guess I should go get me cleaned up.

More Later Porch Buds,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1191 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1191 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  2:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy-Praying you find a place
Netty-love the apron
Cherime- Had brother in law fill bankruptcy. Then went out the next week to buy a brand new car. Some bankruptcy give perfect credit. Check into it you might be surprised. Good Luck.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  4:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ruthie. Intuit is a bit sticker about stuff. They do a lot of business with high powered companies and they use a bit higher standard. I know what you mean because my ex did the same thing.
Peg. I would look into it but I know that the roof if old enough to need redoing. Dont like it but....I will keep that in mind to keep the moss off it in the future.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  6:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello ladies,
Just got home from church. Contemporary choir sang that I am involved in. Sing again tomorrow for morning service.

Patsy going to be putting your gift together in the next few days. I am having a hard time deciding on a few things.

Peggy I hope you find a place soon. I am so sorry you have to move. But I know God will find you just the right place.

We had a big storm here yesterday. Tore shingles off the roof, shredded my wishing well and uprooted my herbs. So back to the garden center for more herbs and hubby said we will have to get a new roof. Looks like we may see bout siding too. But for sure have to get new roof.

My knitting teacher backed out of our lesson. so my mom is going to teach me crochet and I will keep looking for a knitting teacher. I am going to have to learn right handed becasue no one wants to teach me as a leftie. Should be interesting since I am very left handed person but I will rise to the challenge.

Time for my bible lesson. I am meeting with a new group of ladies this week. It was an answer to prayer. I have been so spirtually dry lately and my current group is not meeting much. So I am stepping out of my comfort zone and meeting with some new friends.

well off to tea and study and read a few pages from my book.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1191 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1191 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  9:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening Porchies.
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi! . Very tired tonight as I've been cleaning out my closet and in my room. I took out 8 brown paper sacks,3 large shopping bags of stuff. 2 large bags of trash. Instead of hubby saying wow your downsizing he complains that too much stuff is being taken out. Im ready to scream. What does he want? I had 5 things left after cleaning out my closet. It's not like my closet is empty now. A friend just lost alot of weight and gave me a whole new wardrobe. After putting all my new /used clothes in the closet it's filled to the gills again. With all clothes that I will wear as they are new and nice. One thing I dislike is winter clothes. They take up too much space.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Apr 28 2012 9:38:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  05:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Ruth Ann, just wanted you to know I will be getting your swap pkg. out in the mail this week. Not sure what day I will be going to the post office.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  06:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty, love, love, love your apron! Love anything with chickens too.
Your house is looking great, Cherime! You're really doing the extra taking of details!
Tammy, I still swear by You-Tube for learning to knit. Even left handed. I can just keep starting, stopping, repeat until I get the stitch. I admire your tenacity though.
Plan to do another batch of violet jelly today. Ran out of steam yesterday. But the sun is shining today..that helps a little. SIL gave me starter for Friendship Bread. Wish you all were closer so I could share it.
Patsy, I received your cup o tea yesterday! What a cute little cup..and I've always loved the smell of Constant Comment. Reminds me of my younger days and tea with girlfriends who have moved far away.
I've been thinking of any Farmgirls living in the St. Louis area. Hope you all are safe!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Apr 29 2012 06:40:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  07:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Some more Pretty Flower Pictures I have taken.

Tammy...good for you girl, moving out of your comfort zone and meeting with a new group of ladies for Bible Study. I know God moves in mysterious ways...and as long as He can get us to move in the direction he is leading us...good things come out of it. So, I am very proud of you!

Have you ever thought of going on line and watching tutorials to learn how to crochet for a leftie? Your mom could teach you the basic single crochet, double crochet...but then you could go home and watch somebody show you the same thing on a tutorial for a leftie? I watched a tutorial this month to teach myself how to do Granny Squares. The neat thing about that is you can watch it as many times as you want. You can stop it at certain points and so you can really hone in on an area.
You would just need to google lefthanded tutorials for crocheting.
Wish we were close, I would love to teach you either knitting, crocheting or both. I am not a leftie but we would work it out. And you could join my Bible Study Group too. Are you sure you don't want to move to Washington? LOL

Heard about your storm on the news last night. Sorry to hear you lost part of your roof! But at least it wasn't your whole house...like in a tornado! Praise God!!!!
What book are you reading right now?
I am reading two at the moment. Just finished the Special Opts book...sooooo goood! But I am now reading a christian fiction book r that I will be giving away on my blog site when I am done with it. It is called "Wildflowers from Winter" by Katie Ganshert. It is about a City girl who goes back to her farm roots because of illness in her family. I think a bit of a love story too.

Then the other one that I simple adore...but you can only read a couple chapters at a time...it isn't one of those page turners that you just can't put down until you are finished. It is a book that is like a fine cup of tea...one you sip and savor and enjoy the flavor of in small doses. It is called "Elizabeth's German Garden" and it is a book for people who love flowers and gardens and the tranquility and beauty of spending time in them. I love to sit out on my Porch in my Rocking Chair with a cup of tea, the book (on my kindle) and be in the midst of all my beautiful flowers and listening to the birds in the background, and looking up occasionally to see my Scotty watching the neighbors and the birds. It's a lovely read for lovely days.

Ruthie...your husband should be very proud of you for down-sizing...and if he isn't...I am proud of you!!!! If we end up moving again, I will be doing the same thing. Always good to pass on what we don't need. Just like your blessing of getting a new wardrobe from your friend. How delightful was that?
Can't you put your winter clothes in flat plastic tubs under your bed...if you need more closet space? Then just trade them out when you need to put summer clothes away? ~ I use to do that when I worked. Now, I don't have many clothes...so they all fit in my closet both summer and winter together. I keep life simpler with less.

Hi Janet...how you doing girlfriend?

Cherime and others...my husband and I decided yesterday...that if we can't find an nice apartment...where we can save $250. to $300.00 a month then we won't be moving. It isn't worth it to us to move just to save a hundred bucks a month. So, we are leaving it in God's hands and if one comes along that allows us that kind of savings...we will take it....if not we will just keep tightening our belts and making this work. Our rent always gets paid and we aren't starving by any means...so, God is providing...it is just way tighter than we are comfortable with. So, please keep us in your prayers as the Spirit brings us to mind.

Well, don't know if I will make it to Church or not today. I am suppose to be sleeping but can't...and when it is time to go to Church I will probably need to sleep. I really wanted to go see a singer/songwriter/preacher...Michael Card, who is visiting at a Church over in Portland today. We shall see...going to try...just know how my body works with the Fibro though.

OK...my lovely ladies...sounds like everyone is working on their Porch Swap and has contacted their partners. Have fun with it...it isn't meant to be a hassle or a brain puzzler.

We seem to have a few MIA Porchies as of late....don't make me send out the Porch Posie Girls!

Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 29 2012 07:18:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  07:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith...we must have been posting at the same time. Nice to see you on The Porch this morning.
I agree about the tutorials for knitting and crocheting...was just sharing the same thing with
Tammy.

Hope you are feeling good today! I am feeling good all things considered weather wise.
Finished my yoyo's last night for the other four girls and mine too. Already to mail out
tomorrow.

Keep Smilen and spreading the love girlfriend!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  09:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherime, I will look into Square, but with Paypal I already have an account so shouldn't have to deal with the credit thing. Mine is trashed after losing my house. I'm filing bankruptcy in a few months. I put it off long enough. I just really didn't want to do it and thought I would be in a better position by now.

Peggy, my aprons are coming along. I have 9 of them in the works. I was going to work on them this weekend but then did something stupid. I washed the wallhanging I'm using to teach a class at our quilt show this year. It just didn't look as good anymore. I have a high standard for my samples for classes. Not that anything is really wrong with it. But class samples to me need to look pristine. Soooo I'm making another one. I'm a bit bummed out as I should be doing homework today but I need this in two weeks for the guild meeting to drum up students. At least it is a small wallhanging and not a large quilt.
I'm glad to hear you are going to try and stay in your house. I have found God will provide what is needed if you just give him time. he has been doing pretty right by me at least. No more than what I need, but just enough to not have any stress about it.

Nettie love the apron!

Tammy I had fun making you a little something for our swap yesterday. As soon as I can find something to ship everything in, I'll get it off in the mail.

I can't wait to see all the treasures everyone gets. It will be fun!

Well, I need to get down to the basement and get some serious sewing done. Tomorrow is homework after class no matter what.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  2:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, Somebody had to notice I was sweating, I think I sweat all the time, even when I am sitting still. No, it is not my change of life, I am pretty much over that. The Doc. told me one of my meds. is making me sweat. It is so bad and I get so embarrased when I am in town or standing and talking to someone, I literlly (sp) have water just drippig off my nose, hair, chin and every other place you can think of. So now I carry one of my hubbys hankies to dab with.
Oh, your flowers are so beautiful Peggy. I just don't have to much going on here with flowers just yet, but am working on it.

Tammy, I read your blog and OMG!!! it sounds just like me. I have no one to really take care of or need me like a smaller child does. So I to am in a dry area in my life. I am getting better now, by getting on here has helped me so much. God is still guiding me also, because my interest in things that I have had no interest in for ages has been coming back. I just about made myself go nuts thinking about the kids getting to the age to move out, and what am I going to do with myself now....
Can you imagine how may women have went through this, such is life.

I also wanted to thank the girls that made compliments on my apron. Now I get to make one for my youngest daughter, so yet another adventure.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies, my family needs prayer.

My oldest DD had 4 wisdom teeth cut out friday and I just got home from the hospital with her. She has an extreme amount of swellin and is fightin an infection in it.

My middle DD was at the hospital late friday night with an ear full of playdough. It was so compacted they couldn't help her and called a ear, nose, and throat specialist. He has us bringin her in monday mornin for surgery. He said he could see her tonsils and adnoids on the scan and they need removed as well. She is gettin a sleep study appointment while we are at the surgical center monday. The insurance company says she has to show a medical reason for removal, so the dr said that snorin would be enough of a reason. She is scared and is havin a fit.

I've had my hands full all weekend takin care of 2 hurtin and upset girls and one very active and confused baby boy. He couldn't understand why mommy wasn't the one takin care of him when she was right there in the room.

It's been hard and is only headin for harder it looks like.

This was the first chance I got to have a few minutes to myself and I needed my sister support system.

I'm off to grab a bath while I have the chance. Haven't gotten one all weekend.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  4:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Netty, you did a fine job on that apron.Love it!!!
Peggy, great pictures of your flowers. Hope you find a cheaper place to live so you don't have all the worries of how far your money will go. That puts alot of stress on a person.
Today I finished my beds for my potatoes, one for white, and one for red. Then made a flower garden on the corner of our yard and got all my seeds planted there. I am hoping it will not get too cold now. This morning it was 17 degrees when we got up, but it did warm up to 50, even though it did not feel like it with the wind.
I grilled steaks out on the grill for supper. They were so good, plus sauteed mushrooms, steak fries and blueberry pie. Now I am stuffed. Going to sit here and crochet the rest of the night.
Have a great evening, all.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  6:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening Ladies,
it was a rainy day and a good day for a pedicure so I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon.

Peggy I wish we lived closer too. You would probably never get rid of me..hehehe I did buy a crochet book that has both lefthanded and righthanded pictures. So it will be interesting. I am reading 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp and Prayers for Sale. Just getting into this one.

Netty I am so glad you stopped by my blog. Now I live in Eastern Nebraska and I see you are from Hardy Nebraska. I got out my map and cant find it. Where the heck are you girlie?

Patsy have your package almost ready to go in mail. Should be in mail on by Wednesday at the latest.

Ok ladies I am off to read a bit and look over my lessons for bible study on Tuesday. God has such a sense of humor.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 663 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page