Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  10:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angela, I am so happy you are out of pain. I was really worried about you. Thank God for the healing.

Jackie, welcome, am excited to get to know you. I know you will enjoy your time here.

Miranda, The ring is to die for, so very pretty. You are one lucky girl. Enjoyed your story as well, very good.

Peggy hope you enjoy your new book while you are sipping on your tea!!

I had such a wonderful day Saturday. In the afternoon I went to a birthday party for 2 of my nephews in the city park. The weather was beautiful, didn't even need a sweater.

The Saturday night my family and myself went to my cousins wedding, supper, reception and dance. They were married the day before with just their parents and their kids. Anyway, I got to dance the Wedding March, I have never got to do that before, it was so fun and there was a big group of people. Then I got to dance with my dad, he taught me how to dance when I was a little girl. He would put my feet on top of his and dance around with me, what wonderful memories.
Needless to say, I love to dance with my daddy.

Then I danced with my daughter, hubby and then with my wonderful mother. I remember dancing with her as a child also, so many great memories I just about cried.

This afternoon my daughter and I drove our happy little selves to the closest big town, which is 70 miles away and went shopping. We sure enjoyed our time together. A lot of Sundays she is working, I was glad we could go.

Well I think I will get off for now. You all take care.

May God bless all of you!!

Netty
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  05:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Nan and Lynette for your well wishes. This is a quick good morning to everyone..my day off..lots to do. I hope everyone has a great day and I'll chat with ya all later this evening. Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  08:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
jackie: welcome, glad to meet you. tell us more about yourself, please. you've found the most caring bunch around. hubby and I will be celebrating 41 years in may. where does the time go?

JUDY: love your "seasoning" gifts sis. that's a very nice package and I know peggyann will enjoy every bit of it.

woke up to wind and 40, saw snow on tv in PA. they can have it. have a heater in my lil greenhouse I won't be turning off today. rushed out there first thing this morning to check my "babies" and all went well through the night. they all looked happy.
got so carried away reading this forum, I made and left my tea on the sink..good grief. can tell what kind of day this will be, heard my chimes (and we have lots of them) all night long, it was that windy.

Lynette: I know what you mean about memories. I danced with my son at his wedding in december in my stockinged feet in the bricked courtyard of an old docs house in florida. got through the wedding, all those memories from the baby in my arms to the man before me just flowed through my mind and came out in tears. hate it when emotions all clash at the same time and he IS the baby...so ya. hoping you all have a great day. hugs

Edited by - craftbug on Apr 23 2012 08:25:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  08:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELCOME TO THE PORCH JACKIE!!! Once you are here twice you become an official Porchie!!!! Great
Group of women on here. You will love it!!!! Next time, sit a spell longer and tell us a little
bit about yourself.

Patsy...what a beautiful picture of you and your son. Almost made me cry! My baby boy is getting
married this August. It is hard to see the younguns married off...but I want them to hurry up and
give me grand-babies...as I'm not getting any younger!!!! LOL

Netty...started the book but haven't sipped any tea yet. Yesterday it got up to 83 here and when we
went to bed at midnight it was still 77. Wonderful weather!!! Heard Bunny had it about 10 degrees
hotter in The Dalles. No wonder we didn't hear from her all weekend!

Nan...are you feeling better now? How goes the househunt for you????

Well, girls...I am running DH to work and I am keeping the car. Have a Million and one errands to
run today. Got to go get some yard tools, a Lawn Mower, some flowers and Veggies. It's time to
get the Garden in. More tonight....

Big Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 23 2012 08:38:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey every one, sorry to be gone so long. I'm pretty boring most of the time so just lurk until I can think of something to say.
I'm loving my new iPad! Of course homework takes up most of my free time. But I did some sewing the other day. I have 9 aprons in the process along with a couple of other projects.
I decided I need to get out more so I'm going to start volunteering at a local animal shelter. Hopefully it will also help my pet sitting business get going too.
Peggy it was nice and warm yesterday. Today will be hot up to 87degrees. Almost too hot for me. I would do much better in your neck of the woods with more rain. Maybe someday I'll get out of the heat.

Miranda, congratulations, a house and a wedding! Oh to be young and starting fresh. Take your time.

Angela, so glad you are walking without pain again! Now take it easy until everything is healed up proper.

Megan,nice to have you back! Tell us all about your trip. Is the food really as bad as they say?

Welcome to all the new farm girls! I can't keep up any more.

Tammy I'm trying to decide what to send you for your swap. Soooo what are some of your favorite colors,things, subjects,collections. No promises but I could use some guidance.

Well I was good yesterday and did my homework, so today is a sewing day. Wednesday,I'm going to get some strawbales and mom and I going to try a strawbale garden. Instead so planter boxes you use strawbales. I googled it and it is interesting. Will keep you informed on how it goes.

Later... Of to the basement.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ladies, thank you for all the well wishes and congratulations! Josh and I are both tickled pink! (Which is funny, since the stone is a pink sapphire...)

Peggy I will try to get a better picture as soon as I can. I snapped it pretty quickly with my phone so I could show my Momma, brother, sister in law and a few other close friends and relatives.

It's Black Hills gold over silver, a heart in the middle with the pink sapphire, and a green leaf on one side, a rose leaf on the other. I'm actually happy with the color even though I'm not much of a pink person. The stone looked a little brighter online but is actually more of a lavender color in person. Matches my fingernail polish quite well, haha!

It's been a long, tiring, and bittersweet weekend with the death of our dear Shawn, and this beautiful engagement. Been doing a lot of reflecting. Please continue to have my friends in your prayers. I know from experience that when things start to die down from the initial shock and whirlwind of happenings, it will be tough.

Well, girls, we are down to bare bones at work at the moment, so I'll hop back on later.

Take care!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  3:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies. Patsy I chuckled about your comment on the snow in PA. That area is about a 5 hr ride from me but thankfully all me had today was rain..much needed though. It was so dry around here from the lack of snow this winter that the farmers needed to start irrigating their fields of asparagus, and strawberries. I don't think I've ever seen that in my 48 years in this area. I can only imagine the emotions running through you at your son's wedding..I'm going to be an absolute wreck at both my daughter's weddings. Hopefully I have a little while though.one is 20 and in college. The other is 16 in high school and just got her drivers license (dear lord help me! ) I can't t watch the old home videos of when they were babies without ending up in a flood of tears. It's funny how at times when they were little we would be happy to see these days. Now they are here and we want them back as our little babies again. But I can guarantee you when the grandkids starting coming..watch out world (:)). I have to go wipe my eyes now..check in with my sisters a little later. Blessings to you all.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  3:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Miranda!!!! Exciting stuff even if it is tinged with sorrow from your your loss.

Angela, rejoicing with you! How wonderful to have that pain relieved.

Working on getting my garden ready and enjoying the warm weather. At long last. Using my new laundry line. Waiting to see if that helps lower the power bills.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  5:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening ladies...

The lilacs are in full bloom. They look so pretty. I admire from my windows.

Miranda Congratulations on your engagement. Sorry for your loss.

Angela God is soo good. I'm rejoicing with you.

My husband went dirtbike riding yesterday with his brother and a friend. He spilled the bike around the corner. He's ok just twisted his knee and possible whiplash..His neck is sore and stiff. He went to work today, I wanted him to stay home. His truck is a stickshift so if you could keep him in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. And this next part just sickens me to my core. My nephew beat up his sister today.They all (my sister too) have been fighting..He's marrying a Muslim woman.So he had to proclaim Allah..Well, my sister is very upset. So for awhile they didn't talk, then to my surprise nephew is buying my sister's house. He says after all is said and done my sister and neice are no longer welcome to the house. Soo today he comes gets mad and throws my neices 52 inch tv across the room. My neice tells him to stop and he throws her and jumps on top of her. My sister calls the cops and my neice presses charges and she goes to the hospital, he goes to jail. My mom is supposed to call with more details..I just can't believe it..He toured Iraq 3 times, he hasn't been taking his meds..I just didn't think this would be possible..So prayer for them would be appreciated too..

I guess we're in for some thunderstorms..Hopefully dh will be home soon as my window is stuck down. Take care and I'll update when I know anything about my neice.
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  5:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Debbie my prayers are with you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  6:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sending prayers for you and your family. It is so difficult to understand why family members cannot get along. Hope all settles down soon.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  8:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Debbie! I'm so sorry to hear such horrible news - Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. And all soldiers who have been put through so much... Be with them and their families, Lord.

Angela – Thank God for delivering you from the pain you were in! Don't overdo it! I figure you are rearin' to go.

Miranda – I read and re-read the story you posted about the birds. Very inspiring and well written. Bravo!

WHOA Great ring & even better news! Josh must be an awesome guy; it seems like he couldn’t have picked a better time to pop the question. Love, love, love, love… When is the big day?

Your friend Shawn’s family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Megan – London! I’m jealous!! How was it? I hope to read all about it soon. Welcome back, and nice to meet you!

Cherime – I’ve only had one go-round with the Shark Bite, and it held up fine for about four months, until a couple weeks ago... I had water gushing EVERYWHERE in my basement (otherwise known as The Pit of Despair) for Who Knows How Long before I noticed it and got it turned off. I had my uncle come over and fix it, but I’m wondering if I should start doing my own plumbing.

Judy – Singing is my talent, but I also play guitar. When it comes to writing music, I’m mostly only good for those funny little parodies like the one I posted the other day. By the way, after seeing the package you sent Peggy, I take back the cash thing!

Julie - ?!? I'm still kind of at a loss for the swap. I’m still hoping to hear some more people’s “Favorite Swap Gift Ever."

Peggy – So crazy that you said that you saw a pair of steampunk shoes… Mike and I were talking about doing a steampunk wedding. Now, though, I’m thinking more minimalist; I’d rather put the money elsewhere!

Hi, Jackie! I’m pretty new too; only been here a couple weeks. Funny, I feel like I’ve been around for years.

Netty – It sounds like you had a really great weekend! What kind of goodies did you get? Usually when I go shopping, I spend more time window shopping than actually buying, because then I get the same “retail therapy” without the buyer’s remorse! I did sneak away and spend a couple hundred bucks the other day… I finally got some decorations for the walls in my living room, some garden tools, and some sewing notions. Money goes quick! My favorite, though, is going shopping with my Mom! It’s been a while since we’ve got a chance to do that.

Patsy – I woke up to about 3” of heavy snow on the ground, and it kept spitting it all day! My forsythia bush was about 8’ tall yesterday; today it’s more like 3’. I hope somehow my azalea (which is in full bloom) and my dogwood are as beautiful tomorrow as they were yesterday. I'm not holding my breath for the bleeding hearts - they have already (miraculously) survived two frosts. This weather is so confusing to the poor flowers - it keeps yo-yoing from 30-90!

The picture from your son’s wedding is beautiful! He sure is a handsome fella!

Bunny – What is a strawbale?

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  9:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah, for the swap I found a country bucket tin (small), a skein of purple yarn, a crocheted scrubby, a seed packet of wild flowers, and a yankee candle. I'm still hoping to spruce it up a little but I need to mail it on Friday. I just wasn't able to find near enough what my swap partner liked. For instance, I saw a 18 inch chicken resin statue. Maybe that's too much chicken? Or there's a 3 inch chicken, but that's too small. I also had to stick with the colors purple and mauve. I can also include angels. Well, I have a few more days to consider this.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6431 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6431 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  01:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just posted a huge long POST. Most of it a rant...I think God just spared you all because when I
copied it off my sticky-notes. It posted a letter to a Farmgirl I wrote yesterday and erased my
post tonight.

So, trust me...God was smiling down on you all! Me...Not So Much!

Good Night,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  05:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah it has been over 5 years since the initial installation of the plumbing here. I went for 20 years without running water. I also did the majority of the plumbing on the other side of the house. I cannot be in an enclosed space with the chemical they use in the glue that is used on PVC pipe. What I did was measure the sections needed and glued them up outside until I got to a place where I needed to attach stuff. That is where I used the shark bite stuff. All my plumbing is on the inside of the walls. Up here in Alaska that makes the most sense for those of us who are building our own or doing a retrofit. The trick with the shark bite if that the little plastic inserts need to be inside the pipe before inserting into the fitting and you need to force them together tightly so that the grippers inside really do catch on the pipe and hold it. The plastic insert keeps the pipe from collapsing and then it leaks.
Debbie my family situation is greatly in need of prayer also. My daughter need desperately needs to know the Lord. Praying for you.
Peg, every once in a while a rant is a good thing. Once you get them out of your system it seems to ease the pressure.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

821 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  09:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miranda - Congrats! We need a nice long porch chat so you can fill us in on the details.

Debbie - I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. PTSD is very prevalant with soldiers coming back from Iraq & especially Afghanistan but the military doesn't want to acknowledge it. I'm terrified after what my son went through he'll have problems. I think they tend to be a bit easier on the soldiers if the agree to get counseling and start to take their meds again. Unfortunately I think soldiers with PTSD get more sympathy out of civilians then they do their military counterparts. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs.

Bunny - Sorry I didn't answer you yesterday. I started to type it but got side tracked and apparently never posted it. Favorite colors: earth tones - tans, beige, ivory, dark green, dark red, and dark orange. I like blues too. I guess fall colors would be a good example especially since it's my favorite season. I collect cardinals and I love sunflowers. My kitchen is yellow and white and decorated with French chefs. Subjects is hard to answer because I love to learn about so many things. I've picked up a couple things for you but please answer the questions you asked me and give me some guidance :O)

Well we finally have the Jeep out of the engine shop - $2600+ later. Had to get a new key ($160) and then pay for a dealership to come down and program the key to the computer in the Jeep $150 (YIKES). Transmission was leaking but the engine shop doesn't deal with transmissions. DF looked at it Sunday. Initially he thought it was just the pan but after taking it off discovered it was leaking around a sensor. He called the shop his brother worked at and took it in today. Appears to be a "simple" fix and hopefully not too expensive. I haven't gotten a text from df since this morning so I'm assuming they didn't find anything else major with it. Crossing my fingers. It would be nice to finally be able to drive the thing.

I thought I would share my lastest read. I just finished reading "Letters of a Woman Homestead" by Elinore Pruitt Stewart. Excellent book. I laughed at times and wondered how she survived others. She was a window washerwoman in the city and after developing grippe decided to move to Wyoming and homestead with her young daughter when her doctor recommended it to her. It's available on Kindle and I think I downloaded it for free. I was able to get a paperback version of it through paperbackbookswap.com and it will definately be a keeper on my bookshelf. Apparently it was made into a movie called Heartland that I'd like to track down even though movies are never as good as the books. I've tried Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon instant play with no luck. Amazon does have the movie listed for sale but it's a bit expensive. I prefer to watch a movie before I buy it to make sure I really want to add it to my collection.

Okay, back to work. Just finished a yummy lunch of leftover homemade mac & cheese and home canned green beans that we had for supper last night. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to make for supper tonight.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  10:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back again at least briefly. Praying for everybody's huge problems.
You could pray for my little Miranda. She has cysts in her liver (just fluid-filled cavities) and a slight UTI and maybe a slight cold. She was hunhced up on Sunday night, so I didn't sleep much, took her in yesterday, and she's doing ok. Many pills to take, and it's imperative that she keep eating.

Not much sleep last night either because she wanted to be petted at about 2, and I had had too much caffeine to get through yesterday. not so bad today, but I need to leave now to go to chiro.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  4:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jackie, Welcome! Tell us all about YOU! Who is Jackie? What does she like?
Awwwww Nettie....what wonderful,special memories of your childhood with your "Mom&Dad Moments!" Hold tight to those! ....ummm...how do you dance the wedding march?(we need a show&tell video) hahaha
Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your nephew! Prayers sent up!
Sarah,*giggle* You are so funny girl!Fine...forget the $100 I was sending you...nope,nope...too bad for you! LOL
Bunny, I was going to ask about the strawbale thing too. Are you using them to build a raised bed or what?
Well,it was so pretty/sunny/windy but cold out today, so DH and I went for a drive.The wind pushed us around a couple of times, but otherwise was a perfect drive. So now I'm off to have tea and read my book!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  5:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies..hope everyone had a good day. It was my first day back to work after 2weeks off..recovered from getting my finger caught in a log splitter. God..I would give up every single material thing I own to be able to stay home and take care of my family. Working outside of home stinks. I'm sorry to read about some of your family problems..that's always a crappy, heartbreaking situation but with your faith in the good Lord everything will work out as planned. I'm so glad to have you ladies to talk with. Where I work I don't have any friends to confide with..thanks for being here. You are all a true blessing to me. Well it's pouring cats and dogs here and I need to close windows around the house. Sweet dreams ladies..may your blessings be many and your tears few.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  5:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So, today hubby says, " let's go for a ride and see if we can find me a pair of workboots." now mind you, he checked last week at our local k-mart with no luck and he's a 7 1/2 size, so most times that size is always gone. SOoooo, we went to GA to a boot outlet where we used to get them when he worked and he's been retired for a couple years now. we get there and discover that the sign has fallen off the roof and nobody in the building. so much for checking on the internet first, somebody should really take that site down. so we check the gps and it shows a list of shoe stores and we pick one, so off we go to another town. after hearing " you have arrived at your destination " from the gps we look EVERYWHERE and no sign or building to be seen of any shoe store...SO MUCH for the GPS! hubby says "let's go home". we check at k-mart back home and they have a whole aisle of work boots that weren't there last week AND in his size AND you buy a pair and get one for half off! AND there were 2 pair of his size (which was 7 this time) so he bought them both....is THIS a great story or what? ROFL LOL

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  6:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are lots of sites that talk about strawbale gardening but here is a picture to help you out. These are not of my garden as I don't have it together yet. Hopefully tomorrow I'll go get the strawbales.

Tammy, I love bright colors and jewel tones. I love owls,cats wildflowers and the mountains. I sew, crochet, knit, paint, and read a lot.My favorite books are Syfy, fantasy and mysteries. I hate to cook and I'm not the best gardener in the world.
Hope that helps. Oh and my favorite colors are green, periwinkle and pink.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  7:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bunny, love the looks of using straw bales, but I don't really have the room for all of that. I am trying to find room for some raised beds, but think I will have more pots this year. Still too cold to do any planting here, have at least another month yet.
Welcome all new farmgirls!!! Grab a cup o' tea and sit a spell!!!!
Hope all are doing well, Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  8:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I have a little more time to sit today, yay!!
Miranda, first off, congratulations! That's so exciting, and what a pretty ring:)
Jackie, a warm welcome to the porch!
Peggy, I missed the porch too! Can't stay away for too long or I'll go crazy!
I also have some time to tell tales from the across the pond! First off we flew to Chicago (I was with a school group, so it was about 25 other girls!), then took an 8 hour flight to London. It actually wasn't that bad, except I didn't sleep as much as I should have. I didn't discover that I could put the airplane seat back until we were almost there, which would have helped a lot when I needed to sleep! So we arrived and went through customs, which wasn't too bad. We went to our hotel, which was right in Central London. One thing that I really enjoyed throughout the whole trip was using the Underground! It was super easy to figure out, and I loved using it! That first day we were just exploring London, then the second day was the real sightseeing! It was so great to see pretty much everything: Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral (Princess Diana's wedding place!) and Westminster Abbey (Will and Kate!). Then we were able to go on the London Eye, which was a great way to see the city. You really could see everything from the top. Since it was a theater group who sponsored the trip, we also took a tour of the National Theater and the Globe Theater and spent a day in Stratford (Shakespeare's birth place). We saw three shows: Blood Brothers, which was an amazing musical, Shrek the Musical, which wasn't that good of a musical, and The 39 Steps, which was a hilarious 4 person cast show. Overall it was a fabulous experience, and honestly, if I didn't love my family so much, I would move there in a heartbeat. Kind of a side story about how different the culture is: four of my friends and I were able to go wherever we wanted for lunch, and we ended up having to take our food with us because it was so slow! Eating in a restaurant was so much more relaxed than it is here. But that definitely didn't damper the experience.
Also I got some great news before I left. The college I want to go to has a summer program, and I applied and was accepted! So I will be in North Carolina for three weeks this summer, and I'm so excited!
Have great Wednesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

jackie v
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

jackie
easthampton ma
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  02:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Send jackie v a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Megan! What's your major? My sister has been to London in the past..she also would go back and stay in a heartbeat. Her best friend has born and raised there..did you get to see the Beatles museum. ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 664 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page