Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  3:37:24 PM  Show Profile
OOOPS I forgot to ask if any of you have a great name for the co-op farm. I am not crazy about Lazy Dog Farms. Any ideas would be welcome.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, What about the farm sticks out. What about combining your last names somehow. Sometimes places just name themselves. It might even take a little big. But something interesting could happen to help. I use to have a little bear come around my log house. One time my dog treed the little bear and my son said we should call it treebear lodge. Give it a little more time and then try again to see if something jumps out. Good luck!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:50:14 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies! Just getting a chance to stop by. I'm making some sugar cookies right now so I only have a minute. Sounds like everyone is busy running from one kind of tornado or another. Glad everyone is feeling mostly o.k. I got the worst of the work stuff done. They opened the new nursery and I'm getting to work with some babies now. It's so nice.

I've been busy with my new pen pals too and drinking lots of tea. I came across a magazine called Tea Time. It makes me drool for tea stuff. It also has the etiquette rules for tea. My friend and I are talking about hosting a tea so we can try some of the recipes.

Right now the door knob on the back door fell off and the steps broke. DH is outside fixing them and I know it'll get fixed pretty soon. He has his two best tools: cussing and throwing stuff. Lol! I'm staying inside with the cookies.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:58:47 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I will be sending you good thoughts for sure on the new job possibility. It sounds like you and Oreo need your freedom!

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  6:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
I read tea time on a regular basis...it is wonderful! Enjoy it girl. I practically have a pot of tea as I read it.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  7:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Julie,my husband has the same tools as your husband does when he is working on something.LOL-Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  7:49:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Girls,
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for all the peaches and prayers. Lol. I'm doing good. Wishing I felt 100% not yet praying that will come soon. Tomorrow is a great day as I'm going to my first farm girl meeting. Can't wait my basket is packed and happy face is ready even thou I'm nervous. So I'm off to bed as I morning comes early.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  8:03:45 PM  Show Profile
...ooops...I made a boo-boo. Darlene's Birthday is April 28th, not March 28th. My Bad! Sorry Darlene(if you are reading this). We get older fast 'nuff without pushing it forward.Right? *blushes*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  11:30:15 PM  Show Profile
Don't want to go into details right now, give me time and I'll be ready to share. But it's been quite a day. My life is about to change in so many ways and I'm hoping to request your prayers for my husband, myself and my children. God is in control and I'm thankful. I was in a toy store today so my children could browse and on the radio someone was talking about how when things seem so desperate and without hope with all the doors closed God opens a window. I started crying right there in the store. So embarrassing, hope no one noticed me. And I prayed, "Lord please open a window". And I think He opened the window tonight.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  01:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

Kimberly...you have us all hanging here while holding our breath waiting to hear what is going on in your life.
I hope it is good!

Ruthie...I hope your Farmgirls Event is alot of fun. They will love you to pieces just like we all do.

Julie and Marlee...seems like a lot of men use those same kind of tools. Not my man though. Neither does he do jobs around the house. lol

Judy...thanks for correcting Darlene's Birthdate...I was about to get something put together quickly for her. Now, I don't have to rush quite so fast. Whew!

Bunny...how is the crafting going? Were you able to get more of your fabric on-line? I just made my very first Triana Lace Scarf tonight. Thinking about giving it to my Mother for her birthday in April. Now, I want to make some more but in prettier colors. Someone made me a Red Glittery one for Christmas and I just love it. The one I made for mom is two tone blue (her favorite color but not mine).

Madame Butterfly...is Tea Time a book or a Newsletter? Did Jax ever get that first hair cut? Thanks for commenting on my blog! I just found out today that I won a blog give-away on someone else's blog. How fun! I rarely win anything so, I was excited.

Julie...oh, good you answered my question about Tea Time...that it is a magazine. I will have to check it out.

Dianne...you should make a Farmgirl Contest out of Naming Your Coop Farm. Last year I bought a 1946... 3 wheeler bike and had a contest on what to name it. It was a lot of fun! And I gave a prize to the winner.

OK girls...I have two good books calling my name and my bed too. So, I'm off for some pleasant slumber...Sweet Dreams My Lovelies!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 06 2012 01:11:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  06:46:36 AM  Show Profile
Julie and Marlee, Ric uses those same tools! I have to keep telling him to use them outside since our apartment isn't big enough for the throwing.

Kim, I will be praying that you get the best outcome for you and your family!

Ric treated me to some new boots--just in time since our front walk could double as an ice-skating rink. I would say I'm ready for spring, but that means we'll be suffocating all summer.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Yes, ladies, Tea Time is a magazine. They also have a website here: http://teatimemagazine.com/ I had a great time yesterday having my tea and writing letters. Kind of like grown up girl play. I guess we all need that sometimes. Today I'm going to look in some thrift stores and consignment shops for some tea accessory items.

A project I'm slowly working on is making reusable bags out of the pet food bags. I noticed that I can buy all the animal's food in bags with the plastic fiber weaved(?) material. I don't know what else to call it. On the radio they were saying the city council in Austin passed a bag ban to go into effect by next March. I expect this will spread to other towns. Now if I could get the animals to eat more then I would have my bags done faster.

Praying for you Kimberly and Tammy. Tammy, your man is crazy and has lost his marbles. There, I said it. There's no sane explanation for what he is doing. Kim, all change is hard. Even good change. It happens to everyone. As time goes by we change, circumstances change, and the rules change. We have to adjust and learn the new way and then things are ok. Then it all changes again. Just think of all the changes we go through...get married, jobs, have kids, kids go to school, kids become teenagers, illnesses, retirement, divorces, deaths. And many other small changes have rippling effects through our relationships.

Well, the steps are fixed but the door knob is just worn out. DH says he'll pick up a new one today. I know how to fix it or put on a new one but I'm going to let him do it. It makes him feel manly and needed. He's the kind of guy that needs to tinker on little things and small projects. It's really cute. I love him.

Have a great day!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  10:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. Woke up to gray skies again. Rain expected tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll see any sunshine any time soon. It's supposed to be nearly 50' today so I'm hoping to get the pups out for a walk when I get home. Tomorrow they're still saying temps close to 60'.

Julie - I agree. How anybody could hate a little 15 pound dog that much has some serious issues not to mention marbles missing. I've started to question if he might be bipolar (undiagnosed obviously). I'm considering doing some research into it more. Regarding your husband's tools - I think all guys have those LOL How did the door handle and steps come out? Send some sugar cookies my way. The man has nearly ate all the oatmeal chocolate chip ones I made. I've looked at that Tea Time magazine before but could never justify the price to purchase it. It does look realy neat and yummy.

Kim - I'm hoping the window opening will bring lots of good things for you. We both need it :O)

Ruth Ann - I hope you enjoyed your meeting. I missed mine last month with the throat thing. Did you do a craft or anything? I volunteered to teach needle tatting and burned cork garden markers this year.

Job Update: My friend left me a voicemessage last night and apparently the job may be filled internally and not make it to public application level. I'm a bit bummed. I'm continuing to pray that something will open up. I've been trying to find somebody to help me with my resume but so far nothing. They want crazy things now in the resumes and keywords that I apparently don't know yet and it all has to be condensed down to one page. I'll be an expert on it at this rate.

Okay, it's back to work for me. Have a great afternoon everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, check out this website. It is not what it looks like.
www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com then go over to the right side, there is a green column about job secrets. This kid really knows his stuff. He is a Stanford graduate and I get his newsletter. He is really working on helping people with interviews and getting the job you want. He manly is marketing to 20 to 30 year olds with college degrees, but his advise can go for anyone looking for a job.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  11:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Dianne: this year has been crazy weather.only saw snow on the ground, maybe an inch.saw some in the air a couple times, that's it for snow. then crazy 70 degree weather makes me want to work outside, now it's cold again. sigh

Dianne: when we wanted to name our goat farm, we took the first 2 letters of every family members name and came up with PaKi Ja JuAn and we registered it in the Dairy Goat Journal.

Tammy: Praying for you as i was reading the post, for protection for you and the dog.

Kimberly: you gave me goosebumps as i read your post. can't wait to read what you say next. God IS in control!

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Bunny thanks for the ideas. It is hard to find something all of can agree on.

Julie your DH sounds a lot like mine. LOL

Ruth Ann I hope you have lots of fun.

Kimberly prayers your way sister. When you are ready we are here. I am with Peggy I hope it is a good and wonderful change.

Patsy we tried something like that but all of us agreed we wanted to stay away from using our names.

We didn't get the snow they said to expect. However we do have a wind advisory. The sun is shinning the wind is blowing and it feels like 20 below! I am so ready for spring.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  7:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
It was a beautiful day here in Nebraska. It was 70 and felt like spring.

Peggy~Jax is getting his haircut tomrrow. so he goes to school with me and I drop him off at groomer on the way. He is a hairball. will post pictures tomorrow or next day. Tea time is a magazing and they have a website too. When it comes int he mail, I have to make my tea and just stop and read. Wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Ruth Ann hope you had fun. I am still praying for you.

Judy~ I think we can never have too many birthday celebrations..hehehe did have to chuckle.

Megan did you get the swap worked out...inquiring minds are curious you know me.

Bunny how is the homework coming and how is the online shop doing.

well ladies time to have some tea and read a few pages from my book.
love to you al
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  9:02:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Just to make sure it's okay, we can do a circle swap, where you receive from one person but give to another? If everyone's ok with that, I'll go ahead and post tomorrow.
Rugby officially starts back up tomorrow! I'm really excited, and it's going to be fun to get back into it again. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  11:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Megan...I am fine with the round robin swap...but why don't we keep taking names until we hit post 500. We may pick up a few other people if we do.

Tammy...I checked out the website for Tea Time. Looks like a great magazine to order. Can't wait to see Mr. Jax in his new hair-do.

Had my son and his fiance over here tonight for Scrabble. We had fun! They wiped the board with DH and me.
Lol They had got us the new Anniversary Scrabble Game for Christmas and we still hadn't played it yet.

Our Church announced Sunday that they now have an app. for the IPhone and Droid ...so, I downloaded it and I am listening to our Praise Team right now while I am posting. So, awesome!!! I love my new Droid phone. I got it free by switching from Verizon to Sprint. Plus, I will now save about 20.00 a month on my phone bill.
Gotta Love That.

Well my beloved Porchies...it is tea time, book time and bed time. More tomorrow!

Live Loved,
peggy

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  08:05:00 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I am sitting alone in my office at work and laughed out loud when I read "there, I said it". TEEHEE!!

Kim, whatever is going on, I hope that window IS opened. I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

And mine was opened last night. Finally figured out what has kept Josh so hesitant about asking me to marry him, and it's been me. I deal with depression, as a lot of us do, and I haven't done so well lately. The long and short of it is, we're still green and learning how to communicate with each other. But it's all good now, and I think that the time will come soon, now.

OOOOOH I'm in trouble now.... I have a copy of the Crazy Crow Trading Post catalog sitting on my desk... just begging to be torn open and drooled on. Not sure if I am going to work on beads or paper flowers tonight while we're watching TV but both are gonna be the death of me LOL!!

OH YES!!! I had a story I wanted to share, as I am sure you ladies would enjoy it! I stopped by Momma's house last night to get a DESPERATELY needed hair cut, as the only other person I trust with my hair might not be available to do it before my cousin's wedding on Saturday.

Anyway, she found an address book in some of her mother's things, with a drawing of a holstein cow on front. Grandma grew up in what used to be a town outside of San Antonio and they had a farm, there. She was OBSESSED with cows! So, on the inside cover, she'd written a story from her past. She said that, in 1941, they had a cow named Pied and, at the beginning of WWII, there was a night when the entire nation was put under a blackout (I knew about air raids and blackouts, but never knew there was a NATION WIDE blackout in '41!!). She went on to say that Pied had a solid black calf that very night, and that they named the calf Blackout.

That just tickled me PINK to read that story!!

Well, ladies, I'm sure I could be doing something work-related (oops) so I am going to get back to it for now. Might give the man a call here in a bit to let him know I left my phone at home (oops). Don't want him thinking I am ignoring him.

Talk to you all later!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  6:42:46 PM  Show Profile
I love that story Miranda. I write down a lot of stuff so one day my grandkids will have something to read, too.

Megan, you can add me to the swap. I didn't see that earlier and thought it was too late to be added.

I thought I would post my lovely treasures for this week.

In the background is a big gardening hat. I found 4 dessert plates, some mini silverware (4 place settings), some sugar tongs, a tiny creamer. I got some Farmgirl love today with a button fairy and REAL handkerchief! Big hugs to my farmgirl friend. How'd did she know it matched the dress I just bought for church?

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  7:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I have to say my little Jax was so good today. He was a bit nervous when I dropped him off to be groomed. I worried a bit how he would be. Went to pick him up and he was like a little kid so excited and so handsome. He did very well. She said he was a friendly little thing and was good while he got his hair cut. So proud of him.
Here are a few pictures that he let me take. Right now he is sleeping ...tuckered out from his day.

love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  7:24:23 PM  Show Profile
I think the round robin swap is a good idea.
What a cute little pup.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  7:58:26 PM  Show Profile
awwwwww......Tammy, Jax is so photogenic...what a little personality he is.....awwwww.... *giggle*
I know, I'm gushing! Can't help it!
Loved the cow story. I'll have to ask Mama if she remembers a 1941 National Black-out! That's amazing!
We had 60/sun/clouds/high winds today. What's with all the wind?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  8:19:15 PM  Show Profile
Jax is so cute. We have a 1 1/2 year old Yorkie that needs to go to the beauty shop, She is getting to look like a rag mop. Also needs her nails clipped. I just can't bring myself to do it.
Julie, great finds!!!!
I hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow. Been busy here.
Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page