Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:55:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Today marks 25 years that the DH and I have been married. He asked this morning what I wanted to do. I asked what I want to do or what I am going to do.
Since it is a Tuesday we are both at work. We thought about calling in sick, but it is not in us to do that. We have plans for this weekend. Are really big plans we have put on hold till this summer.
Thats ok. It is easier to travel in the summer.

It was 16 degrees this morning on my way to work. I started rethinking the call in sick thing! LOL

Angela They are both adorable. The Santa train sounds like lots of fun. We have something like that here but we have never gone on it. Maybe we will have to check it out.

Tammy He is cute. Thanks for the pic.

Bunny when it got really cold here one winter, my DH put alightbulb under the hood of my car and put a blanket over it. The light and blanket kept it warm enough to start each morning.
You might try it. All you need is a long extension cord with an out door light socket on the end. You can get those at any hardware or home improvment store. Hope that helps.

I have a meeting this morning so I can't stay to long. I just needed another cup of tea and good company to chase away the cold.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  08:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Another way to keep a car warm enough to start is to see if you can find a dipstick heater. They used to sell those really cheap at auto supply stores. You just replace your regular oil check dipstick with the heater and plug it in. Or use a battery blanket which plugs in and keeps the battery warm enough to take the craking it takes to get the car to start.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  08:59:49 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, the car starts right up. It is something else under the hood that is freezing up. I'm going to the dodge place in town and have a check up to make sure all the fluids are right and see if they can figure out what is freezing. I do like Dianne's idea of the light and blanket. I have heard of lots of diesel owners getting a winter front for the grill. Diesels are terrible at warming up in the morning. The winter front makes the car work harder and heat up faster. Ugh... winter. I didn't have this problem last year because I didn't go anywhere when I first got here. I just wish it would warm up just a little bit. I need it to be about 35% and the problem will go away.

Off to get ready for school. Later, have a great day everyone.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Bunny... My dad took an old electric blanket, put a tarp on both sides of it, and duck taped the whole mess together. It kept the blanket from gettin wet. He would pop the hood and toss the blanket over the engine each night before bed. On nights below freezin he would plug it in on high. It kept everything from freezin and barely got any snow or anything on it with the hood layin over the top of it. I think it last about 3 years before it stopped workin anymore.

Just a thought!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  12:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Angela I love your dad's solution. Definitely a homesteader fix.
Bunny I know abut diesel vehicles freezing up here. Best diesel I had was an old VW Rabbit. I would have to heat it, we have inline hot water heaters up here, in the am to get to work and then go out every two hours and let it run a bit to keep it from freezing up. The real kicker came the day I was snowbound from work and I got to thinking about what the freezing temp was to the fuel itself. Called a couple of the big dealers up here and found out that one place was selling their "arctic diesel" with a freeze temp of -10. I promptly stopped using their fuel and went with the one rated to -25. Made a big difference.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  6:32:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! Just stopping in real quick. Have a little headache. My friend has been keeping her eye out for bunnies and told me they had some at the store today and would have them put one on hold. I went and found the bunny I've been wanting. He's off white with brown ears, nose, feet, and tail. His name is Lord Boonie Rabbit of Bunny Kingdom. We named the laundry room Bunny Kingdom. We can make up all kinds of imaginary adventures with Lord Boonie and Lady MeBee. This completes my livestock for now.

Hope you can all stay warm and toasty. I brought one of those giant standing heaters that they have at some restaurants. Now we can stay on the porch and won't freeze.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:01:40 PM  Show Profile
I found out my truck has a engine block heater inside. I just have to plug it in to an extension cord about an hour before I want to drive and it should be good to go. Nice information to know. I went into the Dodge place here and they couldn't figure out what was happening. So I'll try the heater and hopefully everything will be fine. Thanks for all your advise. If this doesn't work, I have all your ideas to try.

Julie, Love the Bunny Kingdom. Just wait until Lord and Lady have little lord and ladies. It will happen you know.

Keep warm and safe....

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Angela, I love the name Nevaeh! Such cute little girls!
Teacher Tammy, what a cute puppy!
Can't stop for long, but I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone's doing!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  9:01:21 PM  Show Profile
*peeks head in, waves* Hey ladies, I haven't been online much since... um.... Friday? Josh was sick when he came home Saturday, started feeling better Sunday and I'm just plain worn out! But, still sewing. Should have worked on the dress for saturday night's party, but, it's Tuesday and tonight was the season finale for Sones of Anarchy, so we were glued to that. I dashed off to the kitchen during the commercials to cut the pieces for some of my Christmas presents. Tomorrow, I will start assembling the dress and jacket for the company party.

Anyway, I'm in the bedroom watching Urban Cowboy and he's in the living room watching Full Metal Jacket, so I suppose i better finish reading emails and get ready for bed! Hope everyone is doing alright! I will try to catch up later!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  9:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to touch basis. Things are definately going better here. But don't stop praying!!!! We've got a lot of work yet to do but at least we are doing it. :D

Decorated the house today for Christmas, it's a German thing. So my house looks very festive now. The kids are over the moon excited and happy. Took a break during the decorating to go for a walk, I need the fresh air and exercise and the kids need to get rid of some of that energy. So we walked around Circle 63. Asked hubby how far that was and he figures it might have been about 1 3/4 miles but he can't remember the exact acreage of that circle so that's not written in stone. My four year old towards the end of the walk was telling me that we needed a car or something. They were both whining about how tired they were. GOOD that was the purpose.

Taking the kids Christmas Caroling tomorrow. They're excited about that too. Think I'll go Christmas Caroling out here too. I'm sure at least some folks would enjoy that.

Plodding away at my Christmas pageant. Did I mention that not only have I never written a play before I've also never directed one???? Way in over my head here. But the good news is that it's a children's Christmas pageant not a Broadway show so it doesn't have to be perfect, just fun.

Blessings All

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  11:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Madame Butterfly...love your little puppy Jax. He is adorable!!!! They are such loving dogs. Just don't touch
them when they are sleeping after they are about 2 yrs old. Found out that was the problem with Bella (she is 4)
when she bit me. I didn't know she had fallen asleep so quickly. I thought she was just laying by my feet.

Kimberly...I miss little kids who get excited for Christmas. The Magic in their eyes etc. Christmas is all about
children (and one in particular). I have written many poems about Children's reaction to Christmas...because God
seems to speak to me through the hearts of children this time of year.

Had to go and meet the Denturist today ... who will be doing my work. Because of my many weird allergies and having
a very small mouth...I have to get my teeth pulled and then go 6-8 weeks with no teeth! The dentist and I went round
and round about this...but I totally get his concerns...I am just vain enough that I don't want to look like a little
old prunish granny with no teeth. Just call me "Ma Kettle" girls. LOL I will probably hide out in my house for
two months except for my dental appointments. Ugh! I cried when I left the office today. I guess God must think I need
humbled or something...this will do it!

Well, I am very tired and need To turn in early tonight. I liked everyone's ingenious ideas to help Bunny with her truck!

Kimberely...your pagaent will be wonderful. When kids mess up or do or say funny things...it makes the Pagaent all the
better. I worked on many a Christmas Program over 37 yrs of walking with The Lord. There is no bad anything...when Kids
are involved. They make it all the more special.

Good Night and Sweet Dreams...I will probably dream about gumming my pillow to death or something....LOL!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 06 2011 11:35:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  06:36:58 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on in a few days - so busy! And then yesterday I was sick :( so I didn't go very far. It was all I could do to sit up at the computer for 5 minutes! I spent the majority of my day on my couch watching watching Road to Avonlea. Let's hope this passes quick! I need my days!

Bunny - if I were you, I would plug it in the night before! Works much better, and it's easier on your vehicle too. I don't know how cold it gets in your area, but my Dad has a diesel & it's plugged in all the time. Even my car (it's just a regular fuel one) is plugged in all the time (mostly because I don't always know when I'm going to need it). And they don't use that much energy, really. I'm glad you have one, I was going to suggest getting one :). Hopefully it makes your vehicle work better & not sound so terrible!

Peggy - That is going to be hard for you....I'll be praying for you!

Kim, I agree that kids make the Christmas concerts so much more fun! It will be awesome! And good to hear things are going well for you guys.

Teacher Tammy, cute puppy!

Ok, I think I better go find something for breakfast...not sure I can make it til 1 without something to eat....

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  07:11:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Better bring a blanket to the porch this morning. It was 13 degrees when I got up and headed out.
Good morning for friends and a hot cup of tea.

Julie you have such creative name s for your bunnies. Do you know what kind they are? We have 2 for now, both are female but we will breed them in the spring.
They are angora bunnies so I can learn to spin the fur.

Bunny I am glad you have a block heater. That should keep everything nice and warm. We have a neighbor that leaves his plugged in all night. You might want to check that out.
Plugging it in before you go to bed sounds better to me than getting up early to plug it in before you go. I really do not like to get up any earlier than I have to.

Kimberly the pagent will be great fun. How can it not be? Children always make things like this fun. It's adults who stress over them. Don't stress! Enjoy :)
Still praying for your family. Glad the kids enjoyed the decorating.

Peggy I think my mother hid in the house for about a month when she got dentures. I don't remeber her looking like Ma Kettle. She did keep an ice pack on her jaw for a couple of day.
Sorry, you probably did not want to hear that. If you are hidding in your house will we get to hear from you more often? I love to read your posts and would love to read some of your poetry.

The sun finally made it up. Not that that is going to make a difference in the temp. Clear, cold, and no snow:( It would have to warm up to snow. Sounds silly, but it is true.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  08:01:33 AM  Show Profile
As to plugging in, I have a timer outside on my porch that is plugged into the exterior electrical plug. The truck is plugged every night and timer turn the block heater on at 2am. I leave at 5:20 so that gives the truck plenty of time to warm up.
Peg, phooey on the rest of the world. We love you and don't worry about hiding out.
Kim, still praying.
Tammy I am thinking about a puppy but I need to be home all the time first. Then again not sure how my Fiona girl dog would get on with another animal otherwise I would adopt a full grown one needing a home.
DEW you are colder than we are now. It is hovering at 20 above here and I am more than happy with that.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  1:30:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, so sorry about your teeth issues. I remember my dad had all his teeth pulled. We promise not to make you come out of the house. I would think eating will be the biggest issue. I'll say a prayer for you it all goes as planned.

I didn't make it to work this morning. Woke up at 3am with a bad migraine and by 7am it still wasn't gone. I hated to call in sick but knew I wasn't going to make it. Friday and Saturday are my last fruit cutting days. But then Sunday I work for 9 hours. I'll be damaged plenty by Monday. Thankfully I have Monday and Tuesday off. Tuesday is finals at school and then I'm free until January 9th. I work until December 26. Maybe Christmas week I can make up the lost hours from today.

Well, not feeling great, back to bed. Keep warm Porchies.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  8:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you feel awful Bunny. I had my only final yesterday.
I only have a chorus class,and we had two concerts. I'm glad it's done with.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  12:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls...is it just me or is everyone having to login on the Boards every time you want to post???? That has been happening for about a week and I keep forgetting to ask.

Pam...brrrrrr girl it is down right cold where you are. We are staying in the low thirties...but we have a weather (heat/cold inversion) and so at night it warms up. Strange huh?

Thanks for the empathy on my dental situation girls. I am still freaked out over it. But I'm sure I will live to laugh about it some day.

Teacher Tammy...how is Jax doing? Are you getting any sleep? I used a radio at night to soothe Bella. It helped.

Bunny...sorry you got sick girl. Did you know migraines were from your Fibro? Some people don't associate them with that. ~ I have been fighting some severe allergy to something. I think a cat at the Party last wknd. ~ Today, I went and cleaned the garage so my hubby could pull his car in on these cold nights. I will be paying for that stunt for a few days. I could barely walk tonight. But hey, the car is now in out of the cold as we speak and my husband was obviously thrilled. He has never been a do things around the house kind of guy. It has always been me. I was raised that way and he was not. ~ My sister, who loves her BIL also gets very irritated with him because he gives me no help around the house (especially with my Fibro) and her husband does everything. OH, well! Just how it is. Some men love keeping the house clean and some love to make messes for others to clean. I married the last kind. But He has other redeeming qualities (good thing). LOL

Nan...I didn't realize you were going to school too. What do you want to be when you grow-up? LOL No, seriously what are you taking besides Chorus?

Well, tomorrow night is Our Bible Study Christmas Party...it is the Event of the Year. We all look forward to this. Much much different than last Wknds Christmas Party. We actually have fun at ours and no hang-overs the next morning!

This Party is truly the Highlight of Christmas for all of us that attend. Lots of love and laughter will be shared by all.

OK MY Beautiful Porchies...my bed and book are calling to me.

If I have time in the next week or two...I will post some of my older Christmas Poems. Especially the children ones.

Nightie-Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 08 2011 12:37:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  06:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Ok I do not think it is fair or right that Idaho is colder than Alaska. Something is out of wack here.

I think I know why we are not getting any snow. The Church that I go to is building a new building. The construction crew seems to be taking forever to get anything done.
I think God is holding off the snoe till the get the walls up and the roof on. At the rate they are moving that will be next spring. Two weeks ago they said the lumber would be
there and they would start on the walls. Well the lumber arrived but no walls yet. Now they are saying it should be next Thursday when they actually start on the walls.
I know building has a lot of little things that need to be done before the big things can be done. My DH says they are taking way to long on this. Since he grew up building houses
with his Gdad I figure he knows what he is talking about. I would not recomend this builder to anyone!

Ok now I am done rantting about no snow or was that about slow builders? Either way I am done! On to more fun things.

We are headed up this Saturday early to go CHristmas tree hunting. Then when we get back my DH and I will head to the big city, Boise, for dinner and a hocky game.
We are going to try out a place called the Sockeye Salmon Grill. Should be fun.

Bunny I will keep you in my prayers. Work and school is hard enough without having a migraine. Hope you get to feeling better.

Peggy I know what you mean about Christmas parties. I love going to them but sometimesw I wonder if people know what we are celebrating. You sure could not tell it by the way they act.
Have fun at you Bible study party.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  07:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - sorry to hear about the dental issues but believe me I understand. You don't have to hide.

Bunny - how's the migraine? Hope you're feeling better. I know sometimes the after effects are as bad as the migraine.

Well ladies exciting news. I have a job interview Friday with a law firm!!!! It's not a job - yet - but at least somebody looked at my resume and wants an interview. It's a firm that represents the defendants in malpractice suits so they are on retainer to a lot of hospitals in the area. Sounds like good job security to me. It would combine my medical transcription and my legal assistant background. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Please send prayers and thoughts my way.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  08:26:20 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, sending you good thoughts on the job interview. I hope you get it! You deserve it.
Are you still looking to move out on your own? How is everything with the kids.

Migraine is gone for the most part. I spent yesterday doing nothing. It was the first day I didn't have anything I needed to do in a long time. I was suppose to go to painting class last night and I stayed home. Still have a little bit of headache this morning but it's going away. It has to be gone by tomorrow! Two fruit cutting days and a 9 hour fruit basket making day a head. I have decided the worst day a school is better then the best day at work. At least right now. I plan on finding a job I love after I graduate. But I have few years to go.

Dianne, so sorry it's so cold in Idaho. It's 22 degrees here this morning and that's cold enough for me. I hope my engine block heater worked last night. Tomorrow morning at 5am will be the test.

Anyway, stay warm and toasty porch ladies! Tis the Season.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  7:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
RFM Tammy, congratulations! I'll send you good vibes! I'm sending prayers too.
Bunny, I'm glad you feel better. I've only had a headache that was borderlining migraine once, and I know that it is not fun at all.
Dianne, do you enjoy hockey a lot? My Mom's from Detroit, and she took me to my first Red Wings game over Thanksgiving. I had so much fun, and I don't usually meet a lot of people who are into hockey!
Pam, I hope you feel better!
Nan, what/where are you in school? We have our own little school group here on the porch!
Aww, Peggy, I'm sorry you have to go without teeth for a few months, and especially around the holidays! But I know that with your spirit you'll still make the best out of it:)
Well, I'm finally able to catch up here! Lots has happened since I last actually posted. Last Friday I went out on my first official date. We had a really good time, and we are officially going out now! Sorry, just needed my little teenage moment! We are slowly getting our house ready for the holidays. It still hasn't snowed here, but hopefully it will before the holidays! I hope everyone has fabulous Fridays!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  12:45:54 AM  Show Profile
Megan...I love Hockey and have for years!!! I am one of those people who love the fights (go figure!) but it is
just such an exciting game. You're right...I will make it through this crazy dental thing. When I look at all the
illness around me (people dealing with some life and death stuff)...my no teeth delimna is really a NON-ISSUE!
I will survive it! ~ Congratulations on the date and the new steady guy!!! A budding romance right at the Holidays,
how exciting for you!

RFM Tammy...praying for your job interview tomorrow (later today actually). Keep us posted!

Bunny...I ran into Safeway today and bought Veggie and Fruit Trays for our party tonight...and I thought about you
and your "cutting Job". Some other poor person had to stand on their feet all day doing those trays too...but gosh
I was Thankful for them and that I didn't have to stand and do them. Our Christmas Party tonight was Wonderful! We
all have such a good time together. ~ Oh by the way a bunch of Farm-gals from around our area are planning on a lunch and antiguing
day this summer. I am putting you on the invite list. You, Pam, Tammy from Bend, Emily from Olympia and somebody else
from Eugene. Doesn't that sound like fun? We will make it happen. It would just be too much fun to pass up.

Dianne...see, you don't want snow if you want your church bldg to get started!!! LOL Sounds like your construction company
is really crumbie though. I would be firing those guys and getting a new Construction Team. Yikes they are prograstinators &
excuse makers. I hope they aren't men from your Church.

I love snow for about 1 week...then I want it to all go away. Today I hung snow-flakes from my Kitchen Chandelier...they look
pretty and festive and that is satisfying our lack of snow. It is cold enough here to snow. Wow!!!! Brrrr!

Teacher Tammy...Jax must be keeping you up at night. We want to see some more pictures...they grow so fast.

OK gals...off to a couple other threads and then bed. I have had a long day. Fun but tiring!

Love Ya All. Anybody leave some tea on the Porch tonight????

peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  07:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

I brought a pot of Snow Monkey Plum tea to the porch. It is really good. It is a loose leaf so I don't know who makes it but I will try to find out when I am in Boise. Saturday.

Tammy congrats on the interview. I said a prayer for you and will add the interview to my morning prayers. You go girl.

Megan I have always liked hocky. I don't really have a national team that I cheer for, just the local team. Idaho has a team called the Steelheads and the play in the ECHL.
We love to go and watch them I had a favorite player but he was moved up to a national team a couple of years ago, so I am kind of in limbo on that. I still love to go and cheer them on.

Peggy You love the fights?! Isn't that what we all go to see? LOL I love the game and you are right it is exciting. I think it is the constant movement that keeps me glued to the sport.
I'm a little ADD or is it ADHD? Maybe both. LOL
No the builders are not people from our CHurch. I am probably being a little hard on them. It has been really cold, but I want snow!!
By the way I am only a few hours from you. Ok 8 hours but I would love to spend some time with all of you this summer if there is room for me.

I need to finish up some work here then get to cleaning our CHurches Teen Center. Then some Christmas shopping without the DH. Shopping is for him.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  08:27:33 AM  Show Profile
Hockey!!! I absolutely love hockey. I was devistated when they closed down the amateur leagues in our area. I thought they played better then professional teams - more heart in the game - and ticket prices were affordable. Megan - My first experience watching hockey was the Red Wings too. It's addictive but in a good way LOL. We had a local amateur league that played out of Clinton Twp. for a while and the organization folded. Drove up to Port Huron for a while and watched games there but then the entire league folded. Depressing. Not near enough hockey to watch to suit me. Need to find a semi-pro or another amateur league to folow. I miss my sons playing - its even better watching when you know someone playing.

Thanks everybody for the thoughts and prayers. I'm trying to not get overly anxious about it. I hate interviewing. One of my girlfriends sent me a mattra to repeat to myself "I will do fine. The job is mine if I want it." and I've been repeating that to myself. Of all things I'm concerned about my outfit. Stupid I know. I've put on some weight and got rid of the suits I had, which were wearing thin anyway. I really couldn't afford to go out and buy a suit so I took a floral print long skirt and matched it with a blazer from a suit that the skirt doesn't fit any more - just hoping it looks professional enough. I wore tights and riding style boots to work but plan to switch to hose (yuk!) and flats for the interview. If I get the job I'll be able to start upgrading the wardrobe from very casual office to business attire.

Okay, better get back to work. Everybody have a great day :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  08:51:46 AM  Show Profile
HA! This is hilarious. You all like hockey, I'm a Canadian and hockey is the national pastime and I am probably the only Canadian alive who hates hockey!!! LOL Of course I don't really like any sport.......

Tammy, I pray you have a calm spirit during your interview.

Busy, busy day so I better go get it started.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page