Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  10:27:36 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...You're Canandian and you HATE Hockey...lol...that has to be unpatriotic or something.
No wonder they sent you down to the States!!! ROTFLOL

Dianne...absolutely, if you want to drive that far to come and play...we certainly want you to come!
Yahoo...the more the Merrier! ~ And for sure I want to know who makes Snow Monkey Plum Tea! ~ And as
far as the fights in Hockey...I always thought it was funny that a Pastor's wife (me) would love to
watch guys beating the bloody-pulp out of each other....all in the name of Sports and having a good time!

RFM Tammy...your outfit sounds great and you will do great! And invisioning yourself getting the Job is very
good... Positive thinking!!! I was an Employment Counselor for four years (many moons ago). Being on time,
Commitment to the job and not many sick-days off ...combined with a pleasant attitude...will take you far in
the Job Market. Above and Beyond Skill Level. As a Manager I always felt I could train anybody, as long as
they brought Commitment and a Great Attitude to the table.

Well girls, I have got to start on my Christmas Cards or Christmas will be over and I will still have them sitting
in their boxes.

Speaking of Christmas...Bunny, I hung your Christmas Tree Quilt Block on my Mantle in the middle of the stockings, looks
so pretty! And Megan, I took your snowflake and some other snowflakes I received from various friends (five of them) and
hung them from my Dining Room Chandelier...and so, it is snowing at my house (inside)! Lol It looks pretty and festive.
And the rest of you Porchies who did the 12 month ornament exchange...I have a small rod-iron Christmas Tree that all your
ornaments hang on...year round. Bunnys and Megans will go back on there after the Holidays too.

blessings and sunny days,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 09 2011 10:33:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  4:51:26 PM  Show Profile
I've been a little slacking this week :(. But I'm not sick now (yay!), and I have a weekend to get some Christmas-y stuff done - not as much as I would like, but a start is better than nothing! I need to do laundry, decorate inside (which is going to involve moving some furniture around, since I want to be able to turn on the other set of heaters, especially when it's a little frosty out!), work on my niece's quilt, make some extra meals for next week/weeks to come, clean the kitchen & living room (which will hopefully get done tonight!)...the list just never ends, it just gets longer & longer lol.

I better get started....it might take me all night to do the kitchen/living room!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody! It's cold and crisp this morning. I believe they said it was 19 degrees out (brrrr). We're getting our tree today so I'll be busy tonight with that. df had to work this morning so I have a relaxing morning before we have to run to the pet supply store to get some kitty kibble, stop at a couple other stores and then pick up our tree on our way home. I also need to get some type of small ornaments made for our MJF group's Christmas ornament exchange which is Wednesday (yikes how did that get here so fast!).

The job interview went well yesterday. She interviewed me for just over an hour and also had the head attorney's assistant come in and talk with me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. She said she won't make a decision until she comes back from a business trip next week so it's wait and see now. My only fault was that I didn't have more litigation experience but you can't take a class or anything for that. You have to work for somebody that does litigation to get the experience. Hopefully my other skills will help overcome that. I'll definately be clothes shopping if I get this job since it's a more business casual then the very office casual dress I have now.

Okay, I'm off to get this day started. Cleaning the living room before we go get the tree might be a good start. Have a great day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  10:49:14 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies....

Almost forgot to use my sticky-notes. It is cold and crisp here this morning too. But I love my new yard. I look out on the back yard from my little office. There is a pretty little mossy birdbath out there, my white trelise (? doesn't look right) my covered patio which I will be calling My Porch...my windchimes, lots of flowering shrubs that will be gorgeous in the spring. And oh yes, I just spotted a Holly Bush in the corner of my yard and it has red berries on it...so, I want to go cut some for my dining room table. I don't remember the last time that I had honest to goodness fresh Holly to decorate with.
My hubby is at work today...so my plans are to wrap my grand-daughters Christmas gifts and get them ready to mail. Usually I just send gift-cards because I hate to pay postage at Christmas...but they are at that age where they are so fun to shop for. When you can buy them fun and cool stuff with out breaking the bank!
I got started on my Christmas Cards yesterday. I love doing them but they take me days...because I still send out tons of them. ~ I don't really do much baking during the Holidays because...I did all that when my kids were little and we don't need that stuff around here. We are fluffy enough! ha ha! Besides it always seems like neighbors and family give us more than enough.
My soon to be DIL makes the best Pepperement Bark using both dark and white chocolate. My DH can't eat chocolate because it makes his throat spasm (I hope I never get that...I need my chocolate too much lol) anyway...so I talked her into making some for our Bible Study Christmas Party...and everyone went nuts over it.

Pam...be sure and take pictures of your Nieces Quilt before you wrap it up. We wanna see!!!!!

Tammy ...glad the job interview went well. Praying that the Litigation in-experience won't make a difference.
Have fun getting your tree and decorating it tonight.

Will check back in tonight...maybe share some of DIL's Peppermint Bark with all of you! If I haven't eaten it all.

Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 10 2011 10:52:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  12:51:40 PM  Show Profile
.....dental problems...rambunctious children...cute, ornery puppie, job interview....~~Whew~~I'm tired just listening. I'll take a cuppa that "SnowMonkeyPlumTea!" Uh....what is it anyhow? hahahaha Well I got the house decorated, the Christmas cards all out and I'm thinking about baking some cookies. I'm doing laundry and that's almost done. This time of year is so tiring, isn't it. We wear ourselves out....doing good! I guess I need to thank the Lord for having the energy to do things. BTW...Darlene has been heavy on my mind lately...has anyone heard from her?...how she's progressing, that is?
Well, gotta go check the laundry.
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  3:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon everyone. Had my last day of fruit cutting. I think the manager was sad I wasn't going to keep doing it. He has asked me twice this week if I'm use to it yet and am I going to stay. I guess that's a good thing. At least I did a good enough job he wanted to keep me. I told him all my effort goes to the work and then I pay for it at home.
I got home today, in pain as usual and went to heat up my favorite rice pack heating pad and it caught fire in the microwave! Bummer! That has never happened before. I didn't even put it in for very long. I have small ones I have made, but this was a big wide long one I put in my bed and laid on top. I'll miss you lavender heating pad. :(

Peggy, I would love to get together with farm girls this summer. I won't be in school but hopefully looking for a bit of work. If I can have the time off, it sounds like a wonderful bit it fun.

Tammy, I understand your issues with formal work dressing. I lived in black jeans for years. The grocery store I work at doesn't allow them. I had to buy nice pants. I'm short so it's always a job finding them short enough or I have to hem them.

BTW I'm guessing the Snow Monkey Plum tea might be by Numi. It sounds like something they would sell. I hope you find it. Sounds like we would all enjoy it.

Well, my mom is having surgery again... same shoulder. 3 days before Christmas. Now that I come home in pain from working, I get to hear about how much pain she is in from her shoulders. When I get home at 12noon she has been up for... about an hour. I head for bed after eating something and so she figures she can go back to bed too. It's 3:00pm and she is in bed. Not sleeping, just laying there. She is just happy doing nothing. I could never live like that. My sister says she has been like that for years. She bragged to the church about how she was a HAM operator. A guy from church came yesterday and told her they needed her to set up her radio again and be part of an emergency team for the area. She had to admit that she really didn't know to do it very well. But they are going to set everything up anyway. Funny how she finally got called on her bragging.

Ok, enough complaining. I don't have anyone else to %^%& to. It is nice to just complain every once in a while. She amazes me sometimes.

Megan, so cool about your date. I hope it goes great for a long time.

I have been thinking about Darlene too. I hope we hear from her soon.

Well, I'm kicking back and watching some Netflix shows for a while. Then it's the last bit of studying for tests on Tuesday. Then I get a break from work and school for a few weeks. Yea! Maybe I'll do some sewing.

Later porchies.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying to decide if I should start setting up my Christmas stuff & just wait to rearrange the furniture or what I should do....I would really like to be able to turn on the north wall heaters since it's hard on just one heater to heat the whole apartment (well, the majority of it). And I'm kind of in a "let's get 'er done" mood. My niece's quilt went way quicker than I thought/had hoped for - well the sewing part anyways! It took awhile to fold & pin everything together, but I got it done. Then I decided before I start this project, I should clean the fuzz out of the machine & then I couldn't get it back in! Oh my. It took me awhile, but I figured it out! And so far, so good :). I almost wanted to keep going, but I needed to eat, and now it's too dark in my room to do anything. So I guess it will wait til tomorrow.

I had my clothes hanging up outside & just brought them inside for the night (it was getting a little windy). They smell so good! I wish I could have that smell all the time!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  8:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Not able to read everything tonight but did want to let you all know I'm still alive...can't sit without this foot elevated for long...but it is healing...I can aleast put my foot on the floor now, where I couldn't even do that a day or so ago...can't put pressure on it yet, but that will come.....thanks all for the prayers..hope to be back on the porch soon....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  8:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Penny, did you break it or just sprain it really bad?

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  06:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Judy & Bunny...Darlene has been heavy on my heart and mind too. Wondering how she is doing. Maybe I will email her and see if I get a response. I think she must be having a hard go of it...since she hasn't been on the Boards at all that I can tell. I miss her and pray she is recovering from this whole ordeal.

Bunny ...I bet that is a hard job to get anyone too do. Sounds tedious!

I accomplished a lot of gift wrapping yesterday and then went shopping with my son for a little bit. Then went to their house for dinner and to help them decorate for Christmas. I had passed down my Santa Collection to him (he is the youngest and the most traditional minded of my kids). The Santa Collection is literally hundreds of them and they have not seen the light of day for about 15 years. When I worked Retail I always had to decorate the Store for Christmas, so I was lucky to come home and decorate my tree let alone drag out all my Santas and Nativities. So, this year Shane decided to unpack them all and it was fun to see them out displayed again. We spent 3 1/2 hrs setting them up and still had two large boxes to go when I had to call it a night and go home. And when I got home my DH was a Grinch because I had been gone all evening. lol
He really seems to get jealous of my doing stuff with the kids and grand-kids sometimes. He was invited to come have dinner and help too but he passed on the idea. Men! God Bless their onery little hearts sometimes.

Well, I got my Mattress Pad Heater too high tonight and roasted my dog and myself right out of the bed. That is why I am out in my office at 6:00 am....trying to cool down. I was going to try Bunny's idea of sticking your head out the bedroom window...but I would have had to thrown my whole body out there. lol I keep my house on the cool side even in the cold weather...so Bella and I are out here cooling down.

We were getting freezing slush last night when Shane brought me home and they were saying snow here by Thursday. When I took the dogs out before bed...the sidewalks were black ice. It's Winter Girls!

I will let everyone know if I get hold of Darlene.

I looked up the Snow Monkey Plum Tea on-line and it was by Xandu (that doesn't look right now that I typed it) but very similar.

OK, back to bed...and hopefully up for Church later.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  07:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I use to have a mattress heater that would kick me out of bed too. I like a really cold room and lots of covers. Don't know if you would like them or not but Bed Bath and Beyond has these sheets that are like fleece. When I put them on my bed, I didn't need a heater anymore. They insulate your own body heat. Plus they are cheap at 60.00 for a complete set. My son doesn't like to sleep on them but everyone else I have told about them loves them. They call them Microloft.

I have thought of emailing Darlene, I guess I'm afraid of what she will say. I'm worried she is feeling terrible. Maybe I'll send her a card. I think she is on our tea exchange so that will help.

Back to work today for 9 hours. Not thrilled to be on my feet with nothing particular to do. There are so many gift baskets already made, making more doesn't make sense. They don't sell until the week of Christmas. At least I have two days off of work to recoup. My hands are all swelled up from the fruit cutting.

We have been pretty lucky with the weather. I have gotten up at 4am two days in a row with no ice on the truck. Plus the engine block heater works great! My mom says we have an inversion of air so there is just a top layer of clouds that don't go anywhere. If they keep the frost away, I'm happy.

Well, off to get ready for work.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  09:03:02 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, praying for the job to come through. I know what you mean. For years I tried to get another paralegal position. I had some litigation experience but the partner that used to be there always told any one who call for a reference that I was only a bill collector. He had dreams of himself and his daughter practicing together and wanted to keep me around so that she would have someone to fall back on when he was gone. Don’t you know all his plans fell through. But it was ok in the end as God wanted me to be here for my good. The two partners who were left stood by me through the hard places where other employers would not have cared.

Snow Monkey plum tea sounds interesting.

Bunny, Peg. Concerned about Darlene as well.
I have a heated mattress pad also. It almost never gets past a “2" and I keep the house cool also. Bunny, it was good to hear that at least your employer appreciated your good work.

Kim, the building I work in houses the Alaska Aces hockey team. Man, does the sales staff get noisy some times. One of the bosses had a share in the team a couple of years ago and that is why our office is in their building. I am not enthused about sports either.

Had a interesting, I guess that is the best word for it. One of my “adopted” kids wh o lives alone in the little place without electricity was trying to use propane to heat and could not afford it. Someone gave her a big catalytic wood stove and this guy had helped her to put it in. The cabin has a very steep metal roof and to install the stove pipe they had to go through the wall and cut a portion out of the eve overhang to get it in. That guy did not bother to attach the double wall pipe to the house with more than one little screw and no guy wires on the 8 foot high single wall pipe and did not bother to put a top cap on either. So we had a major ice storm and a big chunk of ice slid off the roof and knocked the pipe off while she had a fire in the stove. She has purchased a new catalytic filter for the stove and it is supposed to drop right out after the heat shield and retaining ring is removed. I beat on that retaining ring with a hammer and barely got part of it to separate from the stove body. I had to straighten the outside support for the double wall pipe by beating on it with a hammer and got it straightened out enough to put the pipe up. We drilled holes in the top cap which was the wrong one and made it fit. The single wall pipe is in but not supported. Hopefully it will stay put until this whole mess can be cleaned up and done right in summer without us having to get snow baths every time we move or stumble over the chunks of ice. But that double wall pipe is not likely to go anywhere as I put straps around it and snugged them down with 1/4 inch wood bolts. Man am I tired. We have a few more hours work but all inside thankfully. Maybe next weekend we can finish up. Off to church and intend to rest up today.
Blessing ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  5:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Just jumping on real quick to ask for arayers for my niec. We found out late yesterday that she had been in a car accident late Friday night. I will give you all the details when I have time. The surgery went well and she will keep her arm and should get ful use of her hand. Only time will tell. Please keep Amanda and her family in prayer.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  7:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Terrible news Dianne. I hope it all turns out ok.

I'm popping in real quick, too. Today was my 7th wedding anniversary. I worked because it's just one of my regular days to work and it hasn't been as busy as last year so I didn't have any paid time off to take the day off. I still had a great anniversary. DH brought me a steak dinner last night. Tonight he had my favorite flowers, white tulips, a card, a new cardigan sweater, breakfast for dinner, and a sweet card waiting for me. DD was so excited that she proclaimed she got married today to Mr. Chocolate and is going to have a ghost baby. We had a big laugh at her imagination. Now I'm listening to snoring in stereo. DH on the couch and DD on my bed. I will update soon on the rabbits and how loveable they are becoming.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  07:53:39 AM  Show Profile
*peeks in, dusts off rocker* Morning, ladies. Sorry I haven't been keeping up. Was busy working on the outfit to wear to the Christmas Party, and haven't been paying much attention to much else.

That was a bust, by the way. Won't go into details, just really wish I hadn't wasted so much time fretting over it. My dear darling Josh bought me a sweater and a pair of boots to wear for the party, and he has NO idea how much I appriciate him.

The weekend was pretty horrible, but I am getting over it. Just ready to hunker down and do housework, cook and get some Christmas sewing done. Finished cutting one set of Kitchen items, I think this set will go to my In-Laws-to-be. Also got to work on some Christmas ornaments, so I may be tearing apart the tree tonight or tomorrow night to re-decorate. I keep seeing blank and uneven spots in it, and it's making me nuts.

Hoping for a quiet work day today. Is anyone else experiencing very mean people? I'm talking beyond normal "rude". I'm talking people who are just so disgruntled with life, they want everyone else to feel the same way. Maybe it's just me, but I see an awefully big rise in the number of Scrooges this year. God knows I'm not perfect, but I'm doing the best I can do right now.

I hope that everyone is doing okay, and everyone who has had pain and crisis, I pray it gets better and that some light will come your way. Will try to come back a little more often and take the time to meditate. That's what I consider it when I come chat with you girls... a way to meditate and reflect.

y'all take care!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  08:38:42 AM  Show Profile
Morning everybody. Was going to post yesterday but the harddrive on the man's machine decided to die so no internet access yesterday. Wasn't expecting to have to replace that but whatcha going to do?

We went out and got our tree Saturday after the man got off work. I can't believe what they're getting for trees nowadays. Highway robbery!!! The cheapest we found in our area was $49 - we got the guy down to $44 because that's all the cash the man had on him. Spent the day rearranging the living room to make room for the tree and decorating. The living room finally looks festive. Sunday I had to finish putting up the window decorations so the man could put all the storage boxes up. Gave Oreo, or jackapoo, a bath and then brushed all three of the dogs out and did pedicures on them (nail trimming and grinding). Cleaned, swept, and mopped the living room and hallway and even found time to make some chex mix. Brushed an entire bag of fur out of Lacey alone - no wonder we have fur tumbleweeds all over the place. It took me almost two hours to get them brushed out, feet trimmed up, and there pedis done. Had to resweep again after I finished. At about 5 last night the man finally told me to stop moving and to put myself on the couch and stay there. So I plopped down on the couch with Oreo curled up next to me and started tatting LOL. I was exhausted but there was work to be done. Our local MFJ group is having an ornament exchange Wednesday and I'm just getting started on my ornaments. Where in the world did this month go? The month can't be halfway over already can it? I'm not ready!

Bunny - I have a set of those sheets and love them. They're better then flannel. The man doesn't like them - says they're too hot for him. I'm so cold I have to have fleece or flannel. Pair those with a good down comforter and you'll stay toasty warm no matter what the temp.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  09:40:14 AM  Show Profile
yea! Made it through a long day on my feet at work. Didn't do so bad. Had a different pair of shoes on and boss provided a very cushy mat to stand on. I think I'm going to make it. Lots of extra hours next week so if nothing unforeseen that costs money comes up, I'll have enough money for next quarter at school without having to work. Maybe I can go back to my sewing stuff and get it online. I have been thinking of doing a pet sitting business to earn some part time money. I use to do it years ago and loved it. Not sure how much business there is here but I thought I would try. I'm going to join Pet Sitters international so I look a little more professional. I may have to get insured too. Does anyone know about bonding ones self. I have read conflicting things. One article said that unless I had employees, it wasn't necessary. could use some advise if anyone has any knowledge.

Have the day off so studying for my tests tomorrow. I have 4 little bird ornaments to make for a lady and painting class tonight. Tomorrow is my last day of school until January and two more weeks of working. Then I can rest and get my body back together.

Dianne, I'll be praying for your niece. How terrible for her and family. I hope she is going to be OK.

Tammy, I do use those sheets with a down comforter. Me and my kitties sleep pretty warm. If I could just get mom to turn down the heat at night I would be perfect. She says she likes to sleep in a cold room but turns the night heat to 70 degrees. Thankfully I sleep by the kittie door located in a window right next to my bed. So I get cool fresh air.

Well, lots to do today, later for now. Oh, and my tea exchange packages should go out today. Mom said she would mail them for me.
Hope you like them.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  10:27:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi there. Have been freezing and sleepy and queasy for about 3 days now. Just can't get it to come to a head, so to speak. I need it to hit me hard and get it over with....whatever (IT)is!!! I went to bed early last night but slept fitfully all night. That just makes a feller' miserable all day. Ya know?
Sorry to hear about Amanda....poor girl. Will keep her in my prayers Dianne!
I too have a mattress pad warmer. The crazy thing will barely warm me some nights and roast me out other nights. Ahhhh...ain't modern conviences wonderful?/! hahahaha
I didn't get any baking done Saturday since I was starting to feel crappy. But I did get all the laundry done...that's something.
Well, make it a good day Gals! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  10:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Lovely Porchies...It is Sunny and Crisp this morning. Just made it up to freezing and it is 10:15 my time.

I would love to take my dogs out for a brisk walk this morning and enjoy the sunshine.

Bunny...so glad that you made it through that long day of Fruit Basket Making. I was worried about you! ~ I have tried the flannel sheets before but not these newer ones. I can't stand to sleep in flannel ones...way too hot for me. My heated Mattress Pad I keep on low or off and I sleep in a non heated room. Even on low...I can't make it an entire night with-out shutting it off...then turning it back on...then shutting it off...(I do that all night long). I just need enough heat to keep my muscles from cramping up on me. And I take medication for muscles spasms at night too. I just have one light weight quilt on my bed and it is almost too heavy on my body. The heaviness makes my
body hurt more and I am allergic to down comforters. (bummer!) The other night when I got heated out of bed...I had turned the electric mattress pad to 3...just to pre-heat it before I fell asleep...because the temp had really dropped that night.
First time I have ever had it to 3 even on pre-heat...but I fell asleep reading and the next thing I knew Bella and I were both trying to get off the bed at the same time...overcome by the heat. LOL And she was on top of the quilt. So, I learned my lesson...even though the settings go up to 10... never preheat more than 2 especially if I am reading in bed (which I do every night) lol.

Dianne...can you give us an update on your niece? Been praying for her and all the family.

Julie...Happy Belated Anniversary!
~ Don't you love to see and hear your kids using their imagination? Is Mr. Chocolate an invisible friend? My oldest Son had an invisible friend who was a five year old girl named "Peacock" and she had a little brother named Jeffie. I use to have to set an extra-plate at the dinner table for Peacock. But one day My son told me that Peacock and Jeffie had to move to Seattle (and that was the end of that)! I was sure glad that I had read about kids having imaginary friends before my son came up with his...or that might have freaked me out a bit. LOL

Miss Miranda....oh, sounds like the office party wasn't so good huh??? Or was it the sewing endevor that wasn't so good?? We were wondering where you had gone off to. Just getting ready to send the Porch Posie after you. LOL ~ I have heard that there have been some pretty crazy people out in the stores this Holiday Season. Like the Lady who pepper-sprayed everyone so she could steal the video games they had in their hands. (OK...seriously!) That is just outragous!

It seems like there are more depressed and unhappy people at this time...this year. So many jobless, homeless, penniless or on the verge of all three.
It is sad! But it seems like everyone is also upping their donations this year too. We had a couple of Angel Trees this year at Church...just for our own congregation. Then we are trying to fill a bus full of Christmas gifts, clothing and food for the community needs...above and beyond our own congregational needs. I see a lot more of that going on all around us this year. Which does the heart good to be able to help those in more need than oneself. To me that is the True meaning of Christmas...giving to those less fortunate and also at the same time giving them spiritual hope.

Well, I guess I have blabbed long enough time to get moving and doing something. I feel like going back to bed. I keep watching the temp. hoping it will warm up enough to go outside for awhile with my dogs.

Will check back with you all later....

hugs and miles of smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 12 2011 10:59:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  12:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I have had a busy week and finally today am able to get on here to vist. Well Jax and I. This past week my little butterflies had their Christmas program. They did very well. Pluse we had our school cookie walk. Successful. Went to see my sons wrestle. They did well too except for one of them cut his head. He didn't have to get stitches but it was a a good size cut and a goose egg to boot. My dear van has been having some troubles but hubby is planning on getting it fixed this week. Bless his heart. Jax is such a good puppy. He went to school with me last week and the little butterflies have adopted him as the class mascot. I laughed. He is hilariouis. Today I had inservice all morning and so he is enjoying my lap at the moment since I am home this afternoon. He makes me laugh. He barks at the other dogs and I always wonder what must he be telling them. He loves the shoes in my closet. He drags them out and they are as big as he is. Talk about hilarious! He is quite a character and definitely my dog. Just love dearly!

Judy thank you for the Christmas card and tea. So thoughtful of you. Hope you feel better soon!

Megan...first dates...oh I remember those days. So glad it went well and that you are doing well. When do you get out of school for Christmas break?

Happy belated anniversary Julie.

Bunny hope you are feeling better with those migranes and that school is going well.

well ladies my teapot just whistled so I am off to have a cup. Check back in later.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  5:06:13 PM  Show Profile
For Nan or Drew...can't remember now who asked about changing how we view our posts (last page first instead of how we have it now where you have to scroll all the way down to the 400's... at the moment anyway)...I checked with Brian Oggle in the
Office and this is what he found out:

Peggy,

So I have a more concrete answer to your first question about how the Porch is sorted. While we can make the posts display in any way we would like, any changes would be chat room wide and would affect every thread on the chat room. We aren’t really able to figure out a work around for a single thread. Sorry.

Sincerely,
~Brian

Tammy...yes, these little sweet dogs love to chew everything leather. I lost several pair of shoes, an $80.00 Leather bound Bible.
If it's leather or wood...watch the teething days!!! I get my dogs lots of chew-bones. Ha Ha! I am glad he is a sweetie and already
bonding to you. They start getting a little onery (if they are going to) between 2-4 yrs of age. And if they are going to show
jealousy tendencies it is between that age too. Because they bond with usually one person...they will get jealous of other animals getting attention and even small children getting attention. Do yourself a favor and take him to class whenever possible. They do love small children and the more they are exposed to them the less aggressive they will be trying to get all your love and attention. Sometimes theywill bond to an entire family but I have found that they still become one persons dog. Bella is all my dog...but she does love my husbandtoo and wants his attention. Snickers is going to be one in January and he is now starting to be jealous of Bella getting Larry's attention because he is Larry's dog. They are so funny!!! Snickers is a Scotty and he is really full of himself. Even though he knows Bella will only put up with so much of his puppyness before she puts him in his place....he is always pulling her tail, pulling her ears,head-butting her, diving under her belly and lifting her up off the ground with his long snout. She will only take it so long before she grabs him and shakes the daylights out of him. He maybe bigger than her...but she has the heart of a pit-bull. lol But most of their problems are jealousy issues...be it food, people, etc. They have gotten better though...

Well we are going to see the Christmas Ships tonight. It is so cold...we are going to have to really dress warm. Brrrrr! Last night
a 43 yr old man fell off one of the ships when it was docking and he drowned. He was probably dressed really warm and all those clothes
would have weighted him down. So sad!

This is a picture of frosty leaves that I took at noon today when I took the dogs on a brisk walk.

Don't they just look cold....

Miss Miranda...here is another weird awful person story for you. Today up in one of the smaller towns going towards the Washington Coast...a man was shoplifting in a Fred Meyer Store and when he was caught by a Store Security Officer, the man drew out an axe and cut off the Security officers ear. My goodness people are desperate these days....that's more than just mean and cranky however. That was even more than just criminal.

OK...off for now. Leaving Hot Pink Cocoa and Triple Chocolate Expresso Bean Cookies. They ought to help keep you awake to decorate your tree, wrap Christmas Gifts or too get some after work Christmas Shopping done. What ever you do...don't eat them if you want to sit down and just relax. LOL

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 12 2011 11:45:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  7:57:29 PM  Show Profile
Peg.... *faint*

(don't mind me... I'll just lie here by the tea kettle & catch up on sleep).

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  10:38:28 PM  Show Profile
Scary about the poor security guard at Fred Meyers! I work at the Fred Meyers in The Dalles. Yesterday we had a young lady, maybe late 20's wandering around the store. She had an old ripped jean skirt and just wandered around looking sad. A while later I saw the same lady with new clothes on with the tags still on them and her old clothes in an old plastic bag. I reported her to security but they had been watching her. Then a few hours later I saw her again, new outfit, tags hanging down. She went to the deli sit down area and with a new purse filled with stuff, used some face cream and just sat for a while. Pretty soon most of the employees knew she was wandering around. We were told to just leave her alone. I hope to find out what happened to her Wednesday when I go to work. One man I work with said she is a mentally unstable person from The Dalles. One of our local crazies. She looked so sad, I hope she was taken good care of.

I got my little bird ornaments done this morning. It was nice to sit at my sewing machine again. My mom mailed out my tea exchange to everyone. So you should be getting them soon.

Judy, love the chocolate mint tea you sent. Thank you! Hope what ever has a hold of you figures out what to do.

I'm off to bed. Final tests tomorrow. Short work day on Wednesday and then back to school on Thursday to hopefully sell my books back to the book store. They supposedly will pay half of what I paid when I bought them new. I could really use that money right now.

Stay warm and healthy!

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  12:01:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I heard on the News tonight that they didn't capture that Fred Meyer Shoplifter...but that the Security Officer was
able to have his ear sewn back on and should recover fully. PTL! But it is scary to know that the guy is still wondering the streets of Longview and has armed himself with a hatchet. I hope they catch him for the sake of the community up there.

Bunny...curious to hear what happened with your shoplifter girl there in The Dalles. Difficult to see mental people having to just wander aimlessly and not getting the help they need and you said that she looked so sad to you. Makes you wonder what life has thrown her way...to push her over the edge.

Miss Miranda...do you need some smelling salts from your *faint*.

Well, I guess I better head to bed I have an 8:30 Mammogram appointment. Nobody should have to be put on the rack that early in the
morning! LOL I have to get up at 7:00 and for me...that is like Bunny's 4:00. Soooo goodnight Ladies!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  07:13:54 AM  Show Profile
No, I'm good now. I needed the nap

It's foggy as all GET out in Austin today! Living in the area where I live, it was one of those "is that a car or a cow?" mornings.

Speaking of the cows, one was a little frisky this morning and was trotting through the pasture like a dog. The others were just quietly grazing while she trotted past like a big, clumsy terrier. It's a little warmer, so I think all the animals are a bit happier.

Pepper Jean decided to demand that I get up on time this morning and sat at the bedroom door, mewing at me. The door was cracked, so it's not like she was demanding in or out, just that I get my hind end out of bed. SO, I got up and fixed the coffee and some eggs......

....and the dang smoke alarms went off. That's one thing I hate about that trailer is the dang smoke alarms. I know why we have them, but I can't do a lot of cooking without them going off! Not to mention it's big for a trailer, but it's not a huge space, but EVERY SINGLE ROOM has one and they're SO DANG LOUD! Poor Josh came stumbling into the room as I fumbled to get the step ladder out and shut the stupid things off.

It's been a rough morning. Ready to go back home and get a nap, fix dinner, do laundry and work on some sewing!

I got word from Momma last night that one of her coworkers at the grocery store - who has been with that store since I was a kid, back at the old building further west on the highway - passed away Friday night. He wasn't all that old, about Momma's age, but had some problems. They say when he came home from the war, he was never quite the same. He walked everywhere he went, watched old John Wayne movies while on his breaks, and worked hard.

Several classmates of mine are now working for the grocery store, and several more have moved back to the area, and we all remember Johnny from when we were kids. It's going to be sad for us. It'll be sad for the kids who work there, too. They all get attached to Johnny because, even though he's a brick shy of a full load, he teaches them things about history and they respect that.

Well, my assistant manager is back from her little trip to Arizona, so maybe today won't be as rough as yesterday. I barely got everything done before closing! Think I will go grab another cup of coffee and see what trouble I can get myself into. Save my spot on the fainting sofa!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page