Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  08:59:32 AM  Show Profile
I saw these on the internet this morning and thought it would give everyone a laugh.
For some reason, this one made me think of Judy.

This one was just too cute. Hope it cheers you up!

Off to get ready for school! Have a wonderful day.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  09:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I know it's not the legal issues, but issues of the heart and how you want your kids to know they have a loving father. That is the main reason I stayed too long with my ex. At least I though it was too long, I didn't know that God was growing up my DH so that we were both ready for marriage when the time came. None of the ladies in my family are shy violets, more like tiger lilies. We all can purr really good when our fur isn't ruffled the wrong way. We can all stand up for ourselves.

Bunny, out there in the boonies when the kids were driving, the only traffic light was 350 miles away. We have a couple of stop signs but only a few in an area big enough to hold MA, PA and NY states all together. Glad that your DS got a job. Some job is always better than no job.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  09:03:00 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, great ones! Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  10:08:16 AM  Show Profile
Megan, you're in the right place if you are addicted to snow!! Isn't Wisconsin kinda cold and snowy?

Bunny, LOVE the funny pictures

Cherime, I think you and I would have a lot in common. I was raised in Oilfield country and I was raised to be strong willed, strong minded. Folks always label me as spunky and feisty etc. The last few years I allowed myself to be brought down but the real Kimberly is coming back and the back bone is there again. Never again will I allow myself to be brow beat down. Hear me roar!! LOL Never again will I try to be what someone else wants me to be. This is me and this is who I will be. Lord willing I'll grow and mature but I'm still going to be me. I'm not going to fold myself into a mold someone wants me to fit. I'm getting my old attitude back too. If you don't like how I look, don't look at me. If you don't like me, no skin off my nose, I wasn't trying to impress you. Well you get the idea. I've always tried to be respectful and kind (do unto others as you would have them do unto you) but I'm not going to bend myself into a pretzel to please everyone because it never works and you just end up with a bunch of kinks. Phew.... that almost qualifies as a rant doesn't it?!?! :D

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  10:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Yepper Kim.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  4:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Kimberly Our Church has something like AWANAS. We call it Caravans. The kids get to earn badges in the different age groups for memory verses and different things. My kids were all grown when we started it.
But I have heard younger kids talk about it and they love it.

Bunny thank you for the laugh. Those are funny.

Kimberly I hear every word you said. LOUD & CLEAR! I was in that place with my ex. It took a very good friend of mine to ask me who I was and what happened to Dianne? I had tried so hard to be what pleased him
that I was copromising my principles and my beliefs. Not good. Before my DH and I got married I layed down the law. I was me and I was going to stay that way don't try to change me. Funny thing was he had the same law.LOL
He wanted a woman to love him the way he was. We have changed over the years (25 on December 6th), but we have grown together not apart. It took work. Mostly it took both of us wanting it to work. It takes two, one can't do it alone.
I am praying for you and your family.

The local and national weather guessers agree. That's a scary thing! We will have rain that turns to snow by morning. Then rain and snoe on friday. I wonder if they will be right this time.
I will let you know tomarrow. MY DH is bowling tonight. I go and watch and work on my knitting or what ever.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  4:12:24 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to tell you the name of the tea! Senior moment or CRS (can't remember stuff)?
For the inquiring minds: tropicana is the name of the tea I got in Green River WY, not Rock Springs. (Again senior moment or CRS, you decide, I am confused) Any way it is a loose leaf tea that has a light fruity flavor. Great for afternoons or evenings. Mornings I need something that will kick start me. I am a fan of loose leaf since my GF got me a really neat tea strainer. It sits on your cup and you pour your tea with leafs floating through the strainer. It works great.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile
Cherime....great driving instructor. hahhahahahaah .... whatever works!
Bunny, love the sayings. Read them to DH!
Farm-Girls with attitude....you know who ya are....love yuns!
Have a great night gals!
Stay healthy!Stay warm!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2011 :  6:10:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello all,

Bunny that is an adorable picture & saying with the kitty & bunny :).

It's snowing & blowing here tonight. Started this afternoon, and I sure was glad for my ski pants! It's only supposed to snow 2-4 cm, but with it blowing, it'll be more in some places & bare in others.

I think I'm getting a sinus infection - boo! I will be so glad when I get my tonsils out & don't catch every single little thing that goes around! (And the sad thing is that there isn't anything going around at the daycare at the moment! Sure there are a few runny noses, but no colds/illnesses, so how I got a sinus infection is completely beyond me!) Thinking I should get a dr appt tomorrow sometime, so I'm not suffering through the weekend. Ugh. I was going to do dishes tonight...but I think I'm just going to sit & read for a bit, then go to bed early. Dishes can wait til tomorrow!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  12:07:25 AM  Show Profile
Pam...there you go...dishes can wait until the morning!!! Sitting and reading is the very next thing on my agenda for tonight too...but my dishes are done. But even if they weren't you are right...there is nothing that doesn't wait for us...because who else is going to do it! LOL
I hope you do get that sinus infection checked tomorrow. There is nothing worse than going into a weekend when you can't get the help you need.

Judy...oh yeah, I find that most of us farmgirls have attitude galore. It keeps us spunky, interesting and fun!

Dianne...do you remember who makes the Tropicanna Tea? Sounds like a nice summer tea...since it is light and fruity. I like fruity flavors too.

Hi Cherime...some nights you are a woman of few words. I wish I could be that way sometimes. (probably will never happen...but hey, wishes are free)lol

Kimberly...when I went through my second divorce...after 8 yrs of marriage...I didn't recognize myself any more. I was brow-beaten so badly (verbally abused) and always walking on egg shells trying not to get on his bad side or say something to set him off...that My whole marriage and life was one big fat lie. It was a farce, a charade. We didn't have a marriage...he had a maid and a mother for the children and that is all it was. My second husband and I rarely speak to this day...he came so close to totally destroying me I don't have much to say to him. Now that all the kids are grown and on their own you would think that I wouldn't really have to deal with him...but we seem to keep running into each other at family funerals, family weddings, the births of children etc. My first husband and I will always be friends. We are better together as friends than we ever were as spouses. We were together 5 years but he was a Rock Musician and Music was his first Love and I was his second love. No woman ever wants to be in second place in the heart of her man. But back to my 2nd marriage....It took me at least two years after our divorce before The Real Me started emerging again. I am happy to see that you are already able to move forward. That is a very healthy sign. Keep advancing forward and then you will not feel "stuck".

Bunny...we have all been so serious lately that it was really fun to get a little
"comic relief" from you. Those were so cute and funny. I loved the Kittie one the best.

Megan...thanks for your prayers sweetie! I will take all of them that I can get.
Good for you for seeing your need for more sleep. It is hard to get when you are a teenager. I remember I was lucky if I got 6 hours and that pretty much was how it went through most of my working life too. Your body doesn't get restorative sleep if you are only getting 5 or 6 hours a pop.
So, keep fighting to get the sleep your body needs. Makes you able to think better at school!!! You are already a "smart little cookie" but nothing wrong with being even smarter because sleep gives you better "recall" for tests and stuff.

Well, today was the first day of having someone come in and help me with the house. My friend Paula came over and in two hours had my two bathrooms gleaming and all hardwoods and tile floors vacuumed and mopped. I could have kissed her...I was so happy. But I think she would rather have $. LOL

This is a belated Christmas Gift from my hubby (from last Christmas). You know, men are a bit slow.lol But hey, moving into this new place she is able to come in while the place is fairly clean and just keep it up for me. I can handle the rest of the house pretty much...it is just those two jobs that seem to be the hardest for me. And she said that she would be willing to do anything I need her to do. I told her that once in awhile that I would probably ask her to do some deeper cleaning but for now I am good.

Please keep praying about my dental situation. It looks like I am going to have to have an upper denture and a lower partial. My lower teeth are in pretty good shape. I really like this new Dental Clinic and didn't feel like they treated you like a low-income charity case. Which is improtant to one's sense of dignity. I go back next Wed. to consult with the Denturist/Oral Surgeon and I should know more after that meeting.
Not fun...but part of getting older I guess.

Well my Lovely Ladies...I am leaving you some "Pink" Cocoa on the Porch tonight. It will warm you up and it looks pretty in Pink too.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 18 2011 12:19:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  03:43:27 AM  Show Profile
Tea Swap Partners, Do not fear, I am working on my mailing this weekend. Judy was kind enough to email me your addresses, so I will get your teas in the mail soon! I pray for all...Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  09:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! I posted yesterday but my post apparently has disappeared :O( Oh well. My exciting news was that it snowed yesterday! Just flurries with the snow blowing around in the air but it was pretty. It wasn't in the forecast so it was a bit of a surprise.

I started working on the dishcloth order I have and I'm almost done with the first one. Today she informed me that she needs to change the colors! Seriously? Oh well, I can use this one to sell. It's a pretty light blue one with the snowflake design so hopefully it will be easy to sell for a holiday gift. She found out that the people she's giving them to have a very "natural" kitchen and she wants browns. Hope I can find something in those colors in dishcloth yarn. Looks like yarn hunting is going to be in order for this weekend.

My 21yo dd is pretty sick with bronchitis. She had to go back in to the doctor again. They gave her an injection and changed her antibiotics. She's so bad that her boss who never lets people leave sick sent her home Wednesday and told her to stay home until she gets better because he needs her this weekend. She's having problems sleeping so she came and got her dog yesterday that we've been keeping for her. Oreo(12 yo) is a total lap dog and just curls up next to you in bed and doesn't move. Oreo was so small when we got her she was like a beanie baby and was frequently mistaken for one because we'd put her in our coats to keep her warm and she'd be peeking out over the zipper. Some kids sleep with stuffed animals - mine slept with Oreo LOL. I can't laugh to much. Even though my dogs don't sleep with me I'm so use to their presence in the room that its difficult for me to sleep unless I sense they're there.

Well lunch break is over. I bought some candy cane hot chocolate mix so I'll leave everybody some of that to try :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  12:41:09 PM  Show Profile
I am typing this from my brand new laptop!!! My parents gave me my Christmas gift early so that I can prepare for a job from home. Pretty nice. I also have a new email address that I set up all by my computer illiterate self. Yup, feeling pretty proud even if it is dirt simple! Baby steps, baby steps. Now I need to finish my resume and cover letter and start taking it around. Lord willing I'll get a job quickly.

Tammy, so sorry your daughter is so ill. Hopefully rest and medication will start to show improvement.

Peggy, it seems like all of you have such sad life experiences to share. My heart aches for you all and what you've gone through. I feel as though my own situation is rather laughable in comparison. But I'm so glad that I have you gals to help me through my time.

Pam, that sounds like the Canada I know and love!!! Blowing and snow. :D I guess at my parents' place they got a foot of snow and a ferocious wind that was bad enough that their Norweigen Elkhound couldn't get out of it's dog house!!! The dog/house sitter had to dig her out and then move her onto the back porch.

Dianne ID, I feel like I've been doing it alone. Maybe that's why I feel so exhausted. I'm sorry you had to go through something like that. Glad you know happiness now. I'm still hoping and praying that the Lord will heal the marriage I'm in. He IS a good man. And that we'll have the marriage and love story we were meant to have. Not feeling real confident about it but God can do anything. He spoke the world into existance, He can save my marriage.

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  6:35:17 PM  Show Profile
I am feeling better tonight - amazing what some medicine can do for you! I went to bed quite early yesterday (8:45, read til 9/9:15ish) and slept until 7 this morning. Sleep is nice :). Still not super energetic enough to do dishes, but again, nobody's here waiting for them to get done, or going to do them for me, so what does it matter? I'll be up early anyways tomorrow (why sleep in on a Saturday when you could??), so I'll do them first thing.

Peggy, I hope you're dental appt goes well! And if it makes you feel any better, my dad has had dentures now since he was in his mid twenties...thankfully us kids inherited mom's teeth (which are pretty good - no braces, no cavities, straight). My nephew on the other hand has terrible teeth & he's only 8!

RFM Tammy - I hope you're daughter gets better soon! Bronchitis is no fun!

Kimberly - excited for your new laptop! It's amazing what can make us feel proud of ourselves, eh? I always had to phone tech support b/c I'd try stuff, but it would never work lol. Oh well. BTW, it's blowing & was snowing big, fat, fluffy flakes of snow today. I think it's quit snowing for now, but it's supposed to get cold too. A "high" on Saturday of -17C & on Sunday -15C. Guess it could be worse :p.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  12:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...I have been rather lazy today. Just dog sitting and doing laundry. I so enjoy doing laundry now that I have it right in my own home. It is amazing what we take for granted when we have something but when we have to do with out...you really learn to appreciate it's value.

I hope I didn't make my future DIL mad at me today. She so wants to cook Thanksgiving Dinner and have it at there house this year...but they are so unprepared to host 9 people at their home. For crying out loud...they haven't even bought a table and chair set yet.
I nicely suggested that we go out again this Thanksgiving and take the stress off of them...until next year when they have their new home all together. Oh, my goodness...I thought she was going to cry! I would never do anything to purposely hurt her...but they both work long hours and can't even take time to unpack their house from the move. Their belongings are still in their Garrage. I love her to pieces and I will be so upset with myself if I have discouraged her...rather than gave her a graceful way out. I know I am walking a fine line here. I usually never interfer in my kids lives. ~ I would suggest moving it to our house but I only have a dining room table that seats two...so I am not much better off than they are...to hostess something. I did tell her to talk it over with our son and what ever they decide we are good with. (My husband really isn't...but he will just have to live with it).

Well, I guess it snowed all around us today. Which was pretty to see on the news. Nothing like Pam and Cherime are getting though. It comes and then goes as fast as it touches the ground almost.

Pam...hope you are even doing better tonight. ~ yeah, my whole family has bad teeth. My mom got dentures in her thirties and my dad not much later than that. All of us kids seemed to inherit the bad teeth gene.

RFM Tammy...sorry to hear about your daughters Bronchitis. That is not a fun thing to have that is for sure.
Do you still have the house to yourself or has the man come back from hunting?
Praying for you.

Kimberly...my life has been hard in many ways...but I don't regret any of it. It all has made me who I am today. And I have gotten 3 wonderful sons, one from each marriage and so there are blessings among the
trials too. If I had my life to live over again...would I have done things differently?...probably not. I know myself well enough to know that I would have made the same wrong choices and the same right choices...and everything in life is a stepping stone of growth and to get you where you are ultimately headed...if you see them as Life Lessons rather than failures. Life is Tough but God is Faithful!
~ Congrats on getting your New Laptop. That is awesome...and every tiny step leads to bigger steps...so keep on moving forward.

Kind of quiet on The Old Porch tonight...but maybe everyone is just hunkered down trying to keep warm.

I will check back in tomorrow.

Pleasant Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  06:01:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I am doing better now too - maybe I just needed some extra sleep? Still going to get some meds this morning on my trip uptown. Better wear my ski pants, it's -20C/-4F. I want to get something to put outside on the patio railing to tell me if it's windy or now (I'm thinking some ribbon or something). And I want some birdseed and I want to stop at The Station - they have the most awesomest things there! I'm sure all you ladies would love that store lol.

Finally getting around to doing my dishes - well, the dishwasher is doing half of them, & I'm doing the other half by hand :s. It's supposed to be a counter-top dishwasher, but it doesn't fit on my counter. And I can't put my big plates, (mixing) bowls, or pots/pans in it. So I do the glasses, cutlery - usually!, bowls, & small plates in 2 loads (it's very tiny), then the rest of the stuff I do by hand. Better start following my cleaning schedule next week! It would be so much easier to stay caught up if I did it. In my defense though, last week I wasn't home at all after supper (I'd get home about 6:15, then leave by 6:45 again, and not get home until 9-10). This next week should be better, I think - only one meeting on Monday, a "Christmas" party on Wednesday, then on Saturday a karaoke night for Christmas Cheer that the Kinettes are doing.

Well, I think I'm off to clean & get organized for the day! Have a good day everyone!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  09:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
Here in my neck of the woods it is cold and icy..first real winter weather. Dear hubby went to sell sheep and made it there and it is so icy he had an accident in the parking lot. Wrecked my brother in law's truck...all are ok but brother in law is acting like it was on purpose. I thought well that could have easily been you driving..but I kept my mouth shut. Hopefully the insurance will cover the damage. I am grateful that my hubby and boys are ok though. A truck can be replaced but family that is a whole different matter.

Means grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow. So I am going to heat up my tea and grade my papers.

Miss Peggy so glad your dental appointment went well. I do have to say I have not read Pride and Prejudice and the zombies. I am true to heart Jane Austen fan and well in my eyes that is just plain wrong to to do that to her story...lol

well ladies dryer just went off so bedst skedaddle for while. Keep warm today.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  7:00:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. Well I made enough from the craft fair to pay for my car registration. And I met another farm girl. She just moved to town and had a farm girl patch on her purse. She said she has visited the porch a time or two. I told her to come by more often. Tomorrow is my first day at work. A little stressed about the 4 am wakeup call. I just want to do a good job my first day. I haven't worked for "the Man" for over 23 years. I was a stay at home mom and then self-employed.
Peggy, interesting you would not change your past if you could. I have felt the same way because of my kids. I would marry the same man even with what we had to go through simply because I got my amazing sons with him.

Kim, good luck on the job search. I hope you find something soon. Woohoo on the new computer. You'll be up and running in no time.

Well, I'm off to bed nice and early. It's almost 7pm. I'm hoping that will help. I hope I don't have to go to bed that early every night. But want to be my best for my first day.

Night all!

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  7:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Howdy everyone! *wipes boots before entering the porch, dusting off apron* Hope I am not intruding! I happened to see Peggy's post and wanted to say hello...

I was in your future DIL's shoes a while back. We were supposed to have my brother, sister-in-law and mother over for supper back in July, but we had NO living room furniture other than two small chairs. The house was a mess and I hadn't had time to truly prepare. Suddenly, my mother suggested having it at her house, instead.

I was devistated for a moment, but my future husband sat me down and had a talk. Like your son and future daughter in law, we work long hours, and I was already under massive amounts of stress, having lost a very very dear friend suddenly and tragically. There was no way I was going to be able to clean the house and cook supper for everyone, and even if I could, we had hardly anywhere to sit!

I got over it and calmed down and realized, even though I desperately wanted to show my new house to my family, I was overwhelmed. They still have not been out here, but maybe Christmas!

...or maybe next summer when we have our OWN place... (said as the room mate's girlfriend waltzes through the door unannounced! )

I figure your future DIL will be fine when she takes a moment and thinks about how stressful it would be. Our visit turned out just fine... right up till the time my darling Old Man told my family he likes kidney beans in his chili... I thought my brother was going to disown me.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  8:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Just made some brownies...so y'all can have some :). Would go well some yummy tea too :). I did get all of my circles cut for my niece's quilt today...now just to find an empty day to sew them all together! Maybe next weekend, we'll see.

Welcome to the porch, Miranda. Hope you have fun here :).

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  10:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry about the accident but relieved to hear everyone is okay.
Welcome Miranda. Hope you get comfy here and visit often.
Pam, I want brownies!!!!! MmmmMmmm. Chocolate is my drug of choice. :D

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  12:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow Pam...you have some mighty cold weather! Hope you dress warmly and keep emergency supplies in your vehicle. I would hate to be caught out in those kind of temps unprepared. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.
Oh The Station...sounds like a fun place to go. I bet we would like it! What kind of goodies did you come home with today?
I have seen those little counter top dishwashers before. They do look like they wouldn't hold much...but if you hate to do dishes like I do...I would find all kinds of ways to stuff that thing full. lol

Hello Madame Butterfly...I knew you were a Purist Jane Austen Fan. That is why I had to tease you with the Zombie twist. It was written by a guy who was trying to get a reaction from his girlfriend who was a Purist too. But I am just nutty enough to read it and love it! lol I have a girlfriend just like you...who was mortified that anyone would "sully" Jane Austen like that.

What is your favorite tea these days Madame? Anything new and exciting that we should know about?

So sorry to hear about hubby and kids and the truck...but so glad everyone is alright! PTL The BIL will be ok once he realizes that people are more important than things.

Bunny...I hope you can go to sleep...going to bed that early. I would be laying in my bed tossing and turning and trying to go to sleep with no luck what so ever. You will figure out what works best for you. Hey, Iam praying that your first day goes Fabulously and that you enjoy...what ever they give you to do.
I know you will make the most of it and have all kinds of stories to share with us in the days and weeks to come.

WELCOME MISS MIRANDA...I am so glad that you read my post and made the comments that you did...because that is exactly how it all turned out with my future DIL. At first shes was dissappointed...then the more she thought about it...she knew that it was going to take a heap of stress off of them to have to accomplish a miracle in just a few short days. So, now she is good with it and she never was upset with me. Like you, she just had wanted to show her new home off to her dad and nephew and my Aunt. And I get that...but it will be nicer when she has furniture that they can sit on ... when they visit. lol
Anyway, it was nice to hear from someone who had recently been in her situation...and to reassure me that she was going to be OK about it in the long run. YOU were so right on. Thanks Farmgirl!!! *wink*
I took a moment and checked out TawnyCow...I loved your article and the truth of what you had to say.
Please come to the Porch as often as you can...and we will enjoy you and you will enjoy us. We have a great group of gals on here. We laugh together, cry together, tell some amazingly funny stories and we vent and whine and just let it all "hang-Out" because this is a "safe Place" to do all that. And there is always room on The Porch for one more.
So grab a rocker and sit a spell.

Pam...Yummie Brownies. I needed a chocolate fix!
You will have to post pictures when you get your Niece's quilt done.

Kimberly...I loved your "Chocolate is my drug of choice."
Me too Sista! Me too.

Well, tomorrow at Church we are having a woman who was a 9/11 Survivor speaking. Our Pastor is Preaching at Hillsong in Sydney Australia...but I think it will be really interesting to hear what this woman has to share about her experience.

Have a lovely rest of the Weekend...and all be back later...for some more chatter.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 20 2011 12:42:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  08:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I am so far behind I don't feel I will ever catch up....Once again all I can do is say hi. I did read all the post and just wanted to quickly say hope everyone that is sick gets better and Kimberly you are still in my prayers girl. I know what it is like, I also have been though a similar situation. Peggy, I sure miss talking with you here too...just know I will do my best to come by. We had company this weekend too and dang it doesn't leave me much time to come here. Looks like my weekends are going to be busy for the next month or two. I don't seem to have time to do anything, I love my friends but dang I need sometime alone. They are coming back Wed. I swear I don't feel like I 'm going to get my barters finished. I will be working on them from now till Wed. One way or the other I will get them done. I hope to check back in soon...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  09:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Peggy, I am so happy to hear things turned out well!! In the end, it's about being together, not the venue.

Sorry this is kinda short, but I did not want to neglect anyone while I'm hurredly getting ready for the day!

Take care, all!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  10:25:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Miranda, So glad to Welcome another Porchie! Come by when you can...this is a very busy time of year for us all. But we are happy to stop in when we can and tell about our day!
Pam, do tell more about "The Station!" Walk with us as we wander thru the place with you. What do you see, what do you smell? Touch something and tell us what it feels like. Do you hear what I hear? What would that be? Let's do a Virtual Walk...together!

I have a request. My Mama's only Sister passed away yesterday. She was 91, living in a nursing home and had fallen and fractured a hip. She did therapy, then was moved to another facility closer to her one daughter's town. They had just moved her into her room Friday. She was fine yesterday morning when the nurse checked on her. Then when they came back later to check on her again...she was gone. My Mom said, "She was happy to finally be back in her own town, that's all she wanted,so it was time to go!"
Mama is a rock in times like these, but she's really hurting. Her only Sister, whom she loved so much!
Those of you who have known me for some time now...and feel like you know Mama too, thru me....if you'd like to send her a card, I know she'd really appreciate it. She feels like she knows you too, since I read your funny stories to her. So if you'd like to send her a card, I'll leave her address:

Evelena C. Jones
131 5th St NE #914
Canton, Ohio 44702-1203

I have great memories of my Aunt and will never forget her. I know we can't live forever, but it's so sad to lose a loved-one! I have a heavy load to carry right now and would really like your prayers!
Thanks Porch-Buds!
Extra French-Hugs&Squeezles for your efforts!
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 20 2011 10:27:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page