Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  7:50:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Pam, Tea Lady Tammy, RFM Tammy, Kimberly, Peggy, and Melanie, thank you. I know it shouldn't let it bother me because there's such worse things that I could do, but it just made me feel bad even though I know it shouldn't. Thanks for the encouragement:)
Bunny, that does sound like a big difference! But I will tell you, from listening to my Mom, once you get on a schedule, you don't go back. She's been working 7 nights on, 7 off, and her schedule is all whacked now!
Tea Lady Tammy, Christmas concerts already! I remember only a few short years ago I still did Christmas concerts!
Kimberly, come on here and vent anytime!
So, I started driver's ed today! It's very exciting for me; I've been waiting to start driving for so long! Other than that, it was a normal day! I hope everyone has a funtastic Tuesday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...loved your comments to Kimberly about The Porch Squad! lol

I have a question for you. How many books can they write about Mr. Darcy??? lol It seems like every 10 books I look at in the fiction section of Barnes and Noble is about Mr. Darcy. I like him too but if I read all those books I would probably not like him anymore. lol

Bunny...three cheers for short shifts. That is answer to prayer again girlfriend. Awesome! Do you work any weekend shifts or just weekday? Or does that rotate? I am really happy for you...except that 4:oo am thing, that sounds like a killer.

Megan...drivers ed. has got to be every teenagers dream doesn't it???? Can't wait to hear some of those driving stories...and believe me you will have them. When I took Drivers Ed back in the stone-age...we had the driving instructor and two other students in the car with us. I don't think they have other students with you anymore (at least not in this state) which is probably wise. I was more freaked out over them watching me drive than the instructor. LOL
Peer-Pressure and all that rot.

Well, girls...I am off to bed after I have my last cuppa tea for the night and read in my book for awhile.

Love, Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  08:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, welcome to the 4am crowd. There are a few of us out here that's why you see our postings at such odd times.

Drove in so at the office early today. I have a couple of errands to run for some clients so needed the truck.

Kim, feel free to whine, kick, scream and just generally let it all out. God bless you dear.

Peg, Megan, my drivers ed consisted of my older half sister, Dad and oh horrors, my Mother. My Mother's driving could scare the pants of the biggest baddest football player in the high school I attended. She learned to drive at 12 in Paris, France from a taxi driver. She was good but very scary.
Blessing all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  08:19:15 AM  Show Profile
I love the drivers ed stories. Cherime, sounds like your mom learned from the best. I taught my son to drive. My motto, sit or commit! We lived in a mountain area and to get onto the main highway there was a big curve that cars could appear almost before your eyes. It was very intimidating for my son. I use to say, sit or commit. In other wards, go like hell to get onto the road if no one is there. He is a pretty good driver so I must have done something right.

Peggy, my sifts seem to be weekdays and weekends. Or mornings I should say. I told him weekends were best but I work 5 mornings a week and he is giving me Tuesdays and Thursdays off for school. It will be quite an adjustment. I set my alarm clock for 4am this morning to see how I would feel. I could have gotten up pretty easily. I'm sure a shower will help. Sunday is my first day of training. I just want to get onto a schedule and get on with everything.

Later, time to get ready for school.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  08:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Last night was nice ladies - so quiet and peaceful with just me and the critters. I made myself some bowtie pasta with sausage, mushroom, and roasted red pepper alfredo sauce with a chopped bleu cheese salad. Opened myself a bottle of wine and had a glass. Watched Little Women. Took a long hot bath. Read a new mystery novel before bed. Peaceful and relaxing :O) My plans to start another project didn't occur but that's okay. Can't wait for tonight :O)

Bunny - I'm sure you'll get use to it. It may never feel normal but you'll be able to function. I'm so glad that the job is on track now for you. It's so unbalancing when you don't know what's going on.

Peggy & Cherime - You both are braver then I am. I could not teach my kids to drive, had my ex do it. I have problems being a passenger with an experienced driver so being in a vehicle with someone who'd never driven is an anxiety attack waiting to happen. I was able to teach my youngest dd to parallel park - but that was because I could stand outside the car and give the directions. At this point in my life if I could avoid driving I would but unfortunately bus routes around here don't go where I need them to for work.

Kimberly - Feel free to vent. Believe me sometimes we need somebody to vent to just to relieve the pressure. This has been the only place I've felt safe to vent over my situation recently. I gladly move aside so you can speak when you're ready.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  09:54:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey all! I really need to vent! I don't really have time to sit around today, but I'm gonna.

This past weekend was 2 baby showers and should have been a lot of fun. The first one on saturday was for my DD and was hectic due to some extras that decided to come, but no biggie. I had decided to cheat on it and buy everything instead of makin it. I had a vege tray, fruit tray, and 3 flavors of roasted chicken for sandwiches. I also made 4 kinds of cookies, which I mix up and the girls do the bakin and coolin and boxin part, so it's very nonstressful.

Everyone was havin a good time and eatin everything. The cake was made by a family member who does that for a living. It was beautiful and delicious.

The next day was my nieces shower. It was much more organized and a lot of fun. One of my party crashers was there as well. She wasn't feelin well and was goin around tellin people that she got food poisoning from my party! I was devestated! She claimed my aunt, cousin, niece, her, and my DD was all sick from the food at my party!

I cried all the way home. I was so upset. My Hubby started callin everyone who was at my party. My aunt had a migrain, she said it was definitely not from the food. My cousin was havin back spasms and her pain meds make her sick, agian not from the food. My niece had run out her nausea meds and is pregnant, so agian, not from the food. My DD went to the dr and was told she had the flu, definitely not from the food.

This girl lives at my aunts house because her parents kicked her out. The rule at my aunts is if you are sick you stay upstairs or away from the house period. My uncle is undergoing skin grafts and can't be around anyone who is ill. Everyone I talked to said that she has been actin weird for days. They think she's got the flu or something and won't admit it because she doesn't want to have to stay upstairs all the time.

There was about 25 people at my party and only she is sick. I couldn't even truly defend myself about the food since I didn't cook or prepare most of it. I have been reassured by all of my family that they don't believe her and they trust me and my food completely. My niece even asked for any extra of my molasses cookies I had left since her Hubby ate all of the ones she took home with her. He didn't get sick either! He actually got really angry. My niece said he went off because he thought this would put a hault to my candy, cookie, and jelly baskets I hand out every Christmas.

I really wasn't goin to do them over all this. I was worried people wouldn't eat them. I have been gettin calls all mornin from my family checkin in on me. They want me to know they don't believe this other girl and they still want their goodie baskets. My aunt said it's the one thing my uncle looks forward to each christmas. They sit down Christmas eve with homemade eggnog and my cookies and candy and spend a quiet evenin eatin and watchin all their favorite movies.

I am feelin better, but have had to ask my cousin not to bring this girl with her to any more of my functions. I don't need the stress. My Hubby was furious because my bp went up to 170/101 over all this. He has an appointment with an herbalist after work tonight to go over my medical history and get an herbal blend for me to get my bp under control.

I am just so over people blamin others for something they should just own up to! It has caused so many problems for so many people and they usually get found out anyhow. My aunt said she is gonna give her a time limit to get a job and move out by after the first of the year. She's too tender hearted to do it with the holidays comin up.

Ok...venting over!

Megan...I just wanted to send out a special hug to you. My oldest sister and my oldest daughter both have had tons of heartache with their biological fathers. They were both blessed to have stepfathers who adopted them. My DD actually had to call the police and have her biological father arrested once. I don't have first hand experience with your heartache, but I do know how very real it is for you. I'm here if you ever need to talk or just want someone to vent to. I do understand even if I can't completely empathize.

I love all you beautiful Ladies! I really need to get my laundry done and finish up my newest project. I'll post pictures when I get some of them done. I'm painting my kitchen cabinets and it's a slow process. You'll understand when I post the pic's!

Bye for now!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Megan -

I have a funny drivers ed story for you. Again, it was back in the "dark ages" and we had 2 other students plus the instructor in the car. I lived in a very rural area, so we were driving down a back dirt road and had to stop for a farmer who was moving his herd of cattle across the road to another pasture. One of the cows came up to the car and kicked it - made a big dent in the side! I can only imagine the instructor trying to explain that the dent came from a COW, not a student!!

Anyway - enjoy your lessons and stay away from those farm field crossings! Don't worry about the issue with your dad either - he will get over it, and you made the right choice.

Big hugs to everyone else.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:40:27 PM  Show Profile
~~~Wooohooooo~~~ Mom called to tell me that Christmas music came on our fav radio station today. 24/7 from now 'til Christmas!yipppeeeee!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  3:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Bunny I can understand the control freak part. I am so much that way. In fact people always coment that they can see my desk top. I have to have everything done and put away.
Starting a new job can be a bit intimidating, especially if they don't give you all the information you need.I hope it gets better once you start and get to know the job and the people.
Bunny that is a cute ornament. My youngest DD and I are thinking about a tree with all homemade ornaments. It will be a lot of work but I think it will be pretty. I am glad your mom is better(miraculously)?!

Megan I love CHristmas music too. My youngest DD had it playing on her phone. It made me smile. Some stations around here start on the first of Dec. with Christmas music. I can hardly wait.
Sometimes I pull out the Christmas CD's and listen to them when I need a pick me up.
Iam with Pam on this one. Iknow a lot of teenagers that would have skipped the whole thing. I am sorry your Dad brought your day down. I hope your Nana was happy to see you.

Judy i would tell you but I can't remember the name. It was loose leaf and I put it in a container when I got home and forgot to write down the name. Go ahead and shake your head at me.
I did text my SIL that lives there and she promises she will go to the shop and get the name for me.I will tell you what it is when she tells me. LOL

Peggy I am excited for you. Everyone in one place at one time. That hardly ever happens with my family. It is wonderful when it does. Where is your adveturous spirtit? Not even going to try the top bunk? LOL
I can just imagine what I would look like trying to get on the top bunk!! LOL

Tammy (MI) I"m with you. We should all go to Alaska and ski with Cherime. After all they have snow and I am jealous cause I don't:( The weather guesser keeps putting it off. One day they promise snow and then the next day
there is no snow!:(
You are in my prayers girl. I hope you and your son can work out a way for you to get out of there.

It has been a long weekend. We started Sat with birthday shopping with 2 of my gkids. They needed coats so my DH and I took them coat shopping then by the toy. They are 4 and 2 so while the coats
will keep them warm the toys are what they want.LOL Then we spent the rest of the day getting ready for the concert at the High School on Sunday. 3 Christian Rock bands came to play and the mission group that
I am in sold cosessions. We made over $300 for local people to go on mission trips. We have a couple of teens that want to go to Honduras and a couple of adults that want to go to Armenia. So there will be a lot of fund raising!
I am tired but better today. We did not get to bed till midnight! I am way too old for late nights.!

Still hope to get snow. Maybe the rain that peggy is getting will turn to snow when it crosses the mountains.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  6:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Megan, My Daddy taught me how to drive. He could teach all the driving instructors a thing or 100. He got his class 1 (I think that's like a class A in the States) when he got his driver's license and he's been driving big rigs his whole life, so lets just say he can pull anything, anywhere and then back it into anything. So I drive like there's someone sleeping in the sleeper and I want them to like me so that when it's my turn in the sleeper they aren't banging me around! Yup, pretty much drive like a trucker and actually I can drive a truck. When he was teaching me to back up he took me to a gravel pit and told me to back down the hill using my mirrors; did I mention that the road was a sheer drop off to the pit???? Lets say I backed up very carefully. By the time I went in to do my test I could parallel park like nobody's business. I mean I was GOOD. Not so much now..... When I moved to the States I had to take a test to get my license in CA. The instructor was astounded by my driving abilities and I felt like laughing, listen up kiddlet I was driving on roads you can't even imagine way before you were born!!!! Have fun with your lessons. Driving is so liberating.

Thank you to all of you for your kind words. I appreciate your willingness to listen to me whine. It's just hard to say anything because I refuse to malign anyone's name and if I'm grumbling about them.... well I kind of am. I feel so blessed to have you ladies in my life. Blessings to you all. My heirloom art gals are the best too. I was talking with one of them about my situation and she was so helpful, so caring. Her first question was if I was in danger, I think she was ready to whisk me and the kids away.

Angela, so sorry your fun time was marred by someone's unkind and unfounded words. Words of wisdom I'm trying to incorporate in my own life, maybe they'll help you too? "Don't let the inconsequental bother you" AKA ignore the morons!!

I'm getting ready to look for a job. Thing is, I live in the middle of nowhere and I refuse to stop being with my children and homeschooling them. So I'm looking for a bookkeeping job I can do from home. I was an accounting tech and I've done everything from shoebox bookkeeping to final year end adjusting entries. My parents gave me my Christmas gift early, a laptop computer, so that I can get it set up and have it available for work. It also has the webcam built into it so I can do my daughter's speech pathology appointments with it. I'm getting my resume ready and I'm going to take it to some accounting firms that offer bookkeeping services and maybe some of the wineries out here. If you're the praying type please pray about this. I feel like I need to have an income, I'm not very confident about my position in this home/marriage and I need to have the confidence that I can supply my children's needs.

Well, Mom's making supper tonight in her motorhome, so I'm going over there! Tschus

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  6:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! Glad to find some time to come on here. I've been busy with the hat business. I told DH I was going to have to stop going to the farmer's market for a bit since I'm making more with the hats and need all the time I have for it. I was feeling I was getting behind in taking care of the house and other chores. It's easy to get overwhelmed. I have to remind myself that I already have a real job that pays the bills and my job as wife and mother. This other stuff is the hobby and I can't let it take over. This week I'll finish up 2 hats and that's the end of my orders so far. I might get some time to list some on Etsy.

I have a Bible study with a lady from church tomorrow. I haven't done that in awhile either. On Thursday my friend suggested we bake cookies for the homeless at a church, for a way to spend some time together. It's not something I would normally do but it's one of the things she likes to do. I don't mind trying new things if I'm getting to spend time with a friend. We went for broke last spring and spent 30 hours in a car together driving to Yosemite with a 5 year old and a teenager. So we must like each other an awful lot.

Kim- I'm glad you are trying to work on your marriage and also preparing for the alternative. I hope the alternative doesn't happen. Your kids are so sweet and I'd hate to see your family broken up. I know it can't be helped sometimes. I've been praying for you and yours. How are those music lessons coming along?

Meghan- I'm sorry your relationship with your dad isn't so great. My DH and his oldest DD have a rough time of it too. DH lived in the woods for 3 months so he could be near her when she was a baby and he couldn't make enough money. The mom decided to move across the country and he didn't have the money to follow. The mom has spent years telling DD that he abandoned her. So until his dying day he will have to always hear that from her. It's hard to watch but I have vowed to stay out of it. I hope your situation will improve over time.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  7:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Julie/FarmDream, I hope you have fun at your Bible study, and on Thursday baking cookies :).

Kim - It feels good to have a little control in your situation doesn't it? Preparing for a job, thinking about the future. I am with Julie in hoping the alternative doesn't happen. {{{hugs & prayers for you}}}

Megan - I never took driver's ed (at the time, it wasn't required). My mom taught me. Never could parallel park to save my life..and honestly, I have never parallel parked since! That would be why they have parking lots, no? Haha. I can't back up worth a darn either. Everything gets muddled in the process - mirrors, directions - it's just not a good thing! lol

Natesgirl - I'm so sorry that happened to you! That is not really fair of her to blame you - especially since you weren't the one making the food! And she should have checked with everyone else to see what they were sick with before spreading rumors! That's just terrible! But remember - karma will come back to bite her in the butt!

It snowed here today - not much, but a little. It was quite windy out too. The temperature was only about -5C, but the wind made it colder. Not too much going on here - I should really be cleaning & whatnot...but I'm tired & going to bed early! Night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  7:47:52 PM  Show Profile
Evening sisters,
How are we tonight? Good I hope.

Miss Peggy I don't know how many books they have written about Mr. Darcy...but the funny thing is I probably have every one of them on my nook. I can never get enough of Pride and Prejudice and well I have read all the Jane Austen books..but that has always been my favorite and that includes the sequals and all...hahahahhaha

Angela~so sorry about what happened to you. My dear you are a strong woman..so hang in there and just know what goes around comes around.

megan` drivesr ed...my kids are at that age too. They are getting their learning permit and then they have to have 50 hours of driving with their dad or me before school permit and regular license. We didn't do drivers ed due to it costing nearly 600 dollars for both boys...sheesh that is nearly the cost of my house payment I can remember when it was free before. Times have changed since I took drivers ed..hehehe

IT was another beautiful day here. No snow or cold just cool beautiful sunny day.

well ladies off to tea and then bed.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  8:56:51 PM  Show Profile
I was reading back and I missed a whole page!

Bunny- I do 4 a.m. on the weekends. It helps me to have my clothes set out and the coffee maker set up the night before. This way I don't even have to think!

Angela- I'm so sorry for the mean words from that girl. I'm guessing she is pretty miserable to go around saying stuff like that, that isn't true. I wouldn't worry about her getting invited to anyone else's party either after that. Maybe you could send her this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amyeee/5537870064/

Meghan- Driver's Ed is SO much fun! I hated it. I, of course, drove perfect. Everyone else was terrible and nearly landed us in the ditch. When it came time to take the test, I flunked...3 times. The first time I was pulling into the parking lot and a Leggs pantyhose van rear ended me. The second time there was a dead dog right in the middle of the road and I swerved to not run over him...again. I figured once was enough, but the officer apparently thought I should have just stayed in the lane. Anyway, I finally got my license and I haven't had a ticket in lord knows how long.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  10:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Porchies,

So much to catch up on, so here is a collective post...I have read everything and hope that my prayers reach the ones that need it, Kimberly and an extra one for you.

Peggy, miss you too and thank you for the email...

I hope everyone knows that I don't mean to comment on all the posts but....oh well I'm so far behind AGAIN...I'm off to bed to pamper my back some more.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  01:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies (ok its early morning but it is still my evening) lol

Cherime...your mom learned to drive at age 12? Wow...and by a Taxi Driver in Paris no less. I think I am glad that your mom did NOT teach you how to drive. LOL But I bet she could drive better than most men...and get you were you needed to go...in record time!

Bunny...sounds like you have just become the newest Member of the 4:00 AM Work force. Congratulations on that most dubious distinction. lol
Glad to hear that you got your mom off on her trip. Enjoy your "Me" time and your "Son" Time.

RFM Tammy...sounds like last night was a wonderful repreive. A nice glass of wine, a lovely dinner, a great movie, a hot tubby...hey who needs a man, sounds like a winner to me! Hope tonight was just as lovely for you and has also given you some thinking and planning time too.

Talking about all the drivers ed. stories...I did teach all three of my boys how to drive. I guess I just had more patients than their Fathers...but my two oldest boys...each burnt out my clutch...before they got the hang of it. The oldest son was out on a date right after he got his license and drove around for about five miles with the brake on before some guy told him at a stop-sign that his tires were smoking. Lol That was in Dads car not mine. So, my kids have had some experiences too that defy what they were taught. *wink*

Angela...oh, can't people like that...just wreck a good day?
Some people just aren't happy unless they are making others un-happy and misserable. I hope she heard that your DH and others were sticking up for you. I have had your cooking (one jar of jelly *smile*) and it was darn good!!! I will vouch for your artistry in the kitchen g-friend.
One of my sister's favorite bumper stickers says "Mean People Suck" and then she also had a Far Side cartoon on her refrigerator that showed The World after God Created it and you see a hand coming out of Heaven with what looks like a salt-shaker. And underneath it says
"and He added a few Jerks." Isn't that the truth? There are a few in every Social Circle.

Luanne...loved your Drivers Ed Story too. I am glad that you passed drivers ed even if the cow
flunked - "how to pass a car". Lol

Judy...yeah, another girl who likes Christmas Music before December. My future DIL came in the house the other night and she heard the Christmas Music and she said, "Oh, you are breaking my no Christmas Music Rule before December". I smiles at her and said, "That's your rule...for your house...NOT MY Rule for My House." She laughed! And then during dinner I left it on but just turned it down lower for background music and she kept swaying to the music and singing the words. So, I kicked her under the table and winked at her. She laughed again! She is adorable and fun!

Kimberly...you are the cutest and fiestiest "little" truck driver I've ever known. lol Are you talking about those gravel pits where the truckers test their brakes? Those things are seriously scary girlfriend. I wouldn't want to drive up or down one of those...frontwards or backwards. YOU ARE Good!!

I think you are very smart to start thinking about your future and how you will care for yourself and your children. But like everyone else has said...I am seriously praying that your marriage will be healed and your children will have both of their parents. And yet...I know that Life doesn't always turn out with perfectly happy ever after endings.

Julie...you are turning into "The Mad Hatter!" lol
It is good to hear that you are keeping your perspective on which is your real job and that you have a family who wants a part of your time too. Good for you! What Bible Study are you and your friend doing?
Making cookies will also be a nice break from your hats. Have fun and enjoy the diversion from the "norm".

Pam...I like when snow comes in nice
managable, enjoyable amounts. We are suppose to get the heavy winds tomorrow and a ton of rain. Yuck! We might see a light snow by the wknd.

Teacher Tammy...how are those adorable little butterflies of yours doing?
Speaking of Pride and Prejudice...did you ever read Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies? I know true die-hard Jane Austin Purests don't usually go for having Austin tampered with...but I read several that I thought were quite entertaining.

Penny...Pamper that back and I don't over-due.

Tomorrow morning I have an emergency dental appointment.
at a new dental clinic that uses a sliding scale for those on a fixed income or those with out dental insurance coverage. Please pray for me that we can work out a payment plan that my husband and I can afford and that they won't try to talk me into dental proceedures that I don't want.

OK...it's an early appointment so I am off to bed.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  07:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Julie, from your mouth to God's ear! My goal too but I feel like I have to be ready for the worst. You remembered their music lessons! They are going well. We only go once a month. But Nikole is now to the point where she's going to be putting her fingers on the strings and learning how and where to put them. Jackson is learning his first cord. He's pretty excited because he's a cowboy and that's his cowboy guitar! By the way your hats are adorable! You might just make your fortune with those. :)

Penny, missed you! Thanks for the prayers. Hope you are staying well rested.

Pam, Thank you. Sounds like you are tired too. Get some extra rest and be well. I'm a wee bit jealous of the snow, but I'll try to be patient until my fencing is done, then I'm going to beg for snow!!!! Just got the kids warm mittens so we can make snowmen when the white stuff arrives.

Peggy, hope the appointment goes well. If it's a good dentist it's a breeze, so I'm praying for a good dentist!! Shall I add to my redneck image? I can also operate a bulldozer!!! See this is what happens when you grow up in oilfield country with a Daddy who can do anything. So I can drive truck, operate heavy equipment, break a horse, castrate cattle, take on cow moose with a pitch fork, the list goes on..... :D Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers. I too hope for a marriage that heals and is stronger in the long run for it but honestly I'm losing hope. Our entire marriage has been difficult for me. Last Christmas there was a blow up and I suggested then that we separate. He made huge promises and appologized profusely and because I love him so much and have two gorgeous children and said some pretty serious vows at my wedding, I kept trying. So the last 11 months have been disapointing to say the least, heart breaking really. I've come to the conclusion that there's not going to be the change. I'm wondering if we can just live as room mates? This way the children get both of us. My first gut reaction is go home. There I have family and friends to help and love me and the children but I can't do that. I can't move to another country where he'll rarely if ever see his children. So I've got to figure out how to make it work here. I'm pretty scared.

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  08:01:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

No Snow! Am I whinning? Yes! Ok now that that is out of my system, I hope everyone is having a good day. I have to cut some work hours today.
We went way over on our meeting Monday. So I think I will take a couple of hours today and rake up the leaves that are over the front and side yards.
I don't worry about the back. The chickens take care of those. It needs to be done and I don't feel like rakeing when I get home after work.
Not to mention with the time change it is dark when I get home.

Kimberly You are in my prayers every morning. I have been where you are and it is a hard place. Please don't be afraid to come and talk with us. We are here for you.
We share the triumphs and the trubles. Trubles shared are eased. {{HUGS}}

Buuny That is wonderful that the hours are going to work for you and they are not long hours. I will keep you in my prayers. Adjusting to a new schedule is never easy.
4am is a hard time to get up ick!I whine about 5:15am. I will think of you the next time I am whining.

Megan Drivers Ed has got to be one of the greatest things for a teen. All mine were excited when they got to drive. Freedom! That is what they all thought.

Angela I am so with you on people owning up. Don't let this girl stress you out. She is not worth a heart atack or stroke. Your family loves you and the goodies you send.
They wouldn't have called if they didn't. Just think of them and how much they love you when thoughts of this girl invade your day. We love you too. Feel free to vent.
It is better to let off steam than blow up!

I have got to get some things done today, Laundry and racking leaves. I am pff for now Catch up on the rest of the posts later. Have an awesome day.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  09:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Angela - So sorry that this person said things like that. How horrible. No wonder her parents kicked her out if she lies like that. That could seriously injury a person's reputation! Your aunt should have a serious discussion with her about why this type of behavior isn't acceptable. Hope your BP gets back under control. Would love to hear what the herbalist says about it since I have also been having problems with mine. Apparently mine's wacky because of my thyroid though. The glandular supplement my chiropractor put me on has been helping.

PeggyAnn - yes it was very nice and relaxing. Planned to clean last night but took the dogs for a walk and kicked back again. I'm only having a twing of regret for not getting the living room cleaned up lol.

Driver's Ed - Michigan has a really weird process to get a driver's license and you HAVE TO take a driver's ed course irregardless of your age if you've never had a license before. You take part 1 which costs $350 and that's 6 to 8 weeks depending on how many days a week they meet plus driving times. Then after they pass that you have to wait 6 months while logging 120 hours of driving time, I think 40 hours has to be freeway driving. Part 2 costs $85 and up and is only 3 days. After passing part 2 then you can take the driving test which costs $75 and up. If you pass the driving test you can get your license (as long as your 16), which is restricted until they turn 18. If they get into accidents and/or receive tickets they can have their licenses revoked by the state. My son hit hydroplaned into a median on his way home after school after it rained one day and he received a notice that if he had another mark on his license he'd lose it.

I'm so excited. I've mentioned to the woman that cleans our office that I knit and today she asked if I did hats with flaps on them, she wants one for her niece for Christmas. Well we got talking and I showed her a picture of the dishcloth I just finished and my plans for bundling them up in sets of 3 and seeing if I could sell them for some extra $$. She ordered a set plus asked me to price out the hat for her!! Guess my knitting needles will be busy :O) Every little bit helps!

Spoke with the man last night. He is bringing home a deer. His buddy actually got it but since he is going to be up there all week he didn't want to use his doe tag (they only get one here) so he used the man's tag and told him to take it. I'm excited to be having fresh venison and I get to try making jerky for the first time in my new dehydrator. He sounded like he finally got out of the dark mood he left in. We'll see how long it lasts.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  09:59:45 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely my Mom learned at 12. My grandparents had an antique shop in the French Quarter in New Orleans. They went to France on a buying trip and stayed with my Grandmother's family while in Paris. They left Mom in the taxi and she got bored and got the taxi driver to push the taxi so she could steer. He decided no more pushing and while waiting for her parents, taught her to drive. Soon she was driving all over the place. She could definitely get you where you wanted to go right quick but you might get a couple of grey hairs during the trip.

Kim, what does it cost to get a business license where you are? Also, you might look into doing office work as a virtual office assistant. There are a lot of small businesses looking for help but do not want to hire anyone due to the costs involved with full time employees. Yeah taking the kids out of the country would be difficult. Praying for you. Hard place to be in.

Angela yes, people do try to weasel out of responsibility for their own actions and it sure makes it hard on the ones they try to pin their mistakes on.

Bunny, I taught all my kids to drive. My ex did not have the patience to do it. And we lived out in bush Alaska. All the kids there drove as soon as they could reach the pedals. In my DD's case with a pillow behind her. Almost everyone hauled water from the community well and that was a kid's first duty as soon as an adult could get out of it. The kids would drive over to the well and use a hose to fill up buckets or barrels and then come home...after a short stop at a friends place. All we parents knew it but so long as we didn't have to haul the water......The State Troopers knew it as well but no one said much as long as there were no accidents.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, your mom sounds like a spunky lady! I was behind the wheel at 5 (sitting on my daddy's knee) not on public roads but lease roads etc. As soon as I could touch the pedals (I'm really short so it took awhile) then I was driving on farm and lease roads practicing. By the time I was 16 and got my learners my daddy had already taught me all the basics, that's when he started fine tuning it!!

I'm not so worried about the legalities of moving home, I'm more concerned with depriving my children of their daddy or he of the children. I feel like I'm in a vise and there's no right move. But today in the children's school we were learning about Joseph, sold into slavery by his own brothers, jailed unfairly, forgotten by those he helped; and he kept a good attitude, he leaned on the Almighty. Scripture says over and over that God was with him. So, I'm going to do my best to be a Joseph. Somehow God's going to work this all out. My desire is that we be the family we should be but whatever comes I'm going to do my best to do what's right no matter how painful or hard it is. Now that I've said that I'll fail miserably!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  1:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I was in a pretty difficult position with my first husband. He is now living as a woman. I have been where you are and know the pain you are feeling. I lasted 10 years after he told me. But I prayed and once I realized he wasn't going to change, I asked God to show me what to do. The most important lesson I learned and even now with everything I have dealt with in the last year, is picture what you want in your mind. Trust your heart to tell you if you can repair your marriage. If not, picture what the next best situation would be. Concentrate on the positives. I have learned the hard way, what you concentrate on, is what you get. If you are scared and feeling helpless, you will end up with your worst case scenario. If you concentrate on a reasonable solution that will get you want you need, you are more likely to get it. You are strong and smart and you know what you need. It's all there. Take your time and plan plan plan. Is there anything you can do now to earn extra money? Any hobby you can turn into a small business. There are so many opportunities to sell on the internet right now. You may have to make some compromises so make a list of what you will and won't do. In other words, move out, put the kids in public school, get a full time job.. what ever. Pros and cons on each. You'll figure it out. We women are amazing that way. "women are like teabags. We don't know our truth strength until we are in hot water". Eleanor Roosevelt

Cherime, I was driving at about 11 years old. We lived in the middle of nowhere in Northern California and my dad taught me how to drive a stick with his little truck. It was so nice to have that freedom at such a young age. Plus we had no street lights or signs to deal with. Like your kids, just forest roads.

Dianne, I have been setting my alarm for 4am to see how I would feel. First time, not so good. This morning I was totally OK. My son said 4am was easier than even 6am for him.

My son finally got a job yesterday. However it wasn't anything like what he thought. He is in the operating engineers union and was dispatched to a job where he cleans out big storage tanks on the back of trucks. Much like a big fuel truck. Not much heavy equipment driving. He works 12 hour nights from 6pm to 6am. Thankfully he will still be able to come the Thanksgiving as the whole crew is from Utah and shuts everything down on the Wednesday before. Poor guy was up at 6am yesterday and had to report to work at 6pm. He couldn't take a nap because he was on the road all day getting orders and taking a drug test. But he made it and the guy he worked with said he was the best apprentice he had worked with so far. One of the machines wasn't working right and Ash was able to fix it. His boss said no apprentice had ever shown the ability to repair equipment before. Thankfully the job is only until March. Hopefully he will eventually get onto a piece of equipment after that. His boss said apprentices don't last too long with him. So I figure this is a test to see what he is made of. He said the money will be really good so he can put a bunch away in savings.

I woke up to snow this morning. Not much. Just enough to turn everything white. While I was downstairs writing a report for school, my cat was "playing" with a dead bird. I found the poor thing and all the feathers in my room.

Well, off to do more work for school.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  2:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
I am trying to get caught up again.

Kimberly I heard a saying that I have tried to incoporate into my life. It's a lot like yours. Don't sweat the small stuff. By the way it's all small stuff.
I will pray for the accounting job from home. I know there are companies that do that as well as medical billing. If you have done accounting maybe nedical billing
is something you could look into.

Julie Have a great time at your Bible Study and loads of fun making cookies.

Peggy your teeth are in my prayers. Oh yeah the rest of you too.:)

Tammy I am glad you are taking some me time. You need it! I love deer jerky. I make ours in a smoker, but my oldest DD uses her dehydrator. I had it both ways and both are good. Enjoy:)

I think I got caught up for now anyway. I did get the raking done My youngest DD helped me, so we were done in about an hour.

No snow but they say we should get some tomorrow. Do I believe them? NO! LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  3:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'm speechless. WOW. I'd have to say that would be a deal breaker all right. Before we got married told my husband there were a few things I'd never put up with. Adultery: if that's what you want you don't need me. Abuse/Hitting: if you hit me better make sure I'm dead because if I get up I come up swinging. Any form of abuse towards any children we eventually had: I will come unglued. Think Grizzly sow with cubs unglued. Just to clarify, he's never been violent. He's been mad at me, oh yeah, but he's never hit. When we are angry with each other we retreat, we don't hit, we don't scream etc (although I will have to admit that it it's bad enough I sometimes cry).

So glad your son got a job with such possibilities. What a blessing! And glad you're finding 4am manageable.

Dianne ID, Thank you. I appreciate your prayers more than anything. I have actually considered medical billing as a possibility. I just need to find out what kind of training I'd have to take. But my understanding is that it can be a good thing to get into.

It SNOWED! Kids are over the moon excited. My poor dog probably isn't. I got her spayed yesterday. Poor Lady is feeling miserable. But she finally ate something and I was able to give her the pain/inflammation medicine and she perked up a bit. Poor little thing. She's wandering around with her cone head looking blue. But I'm pretty happy that there won't be any more puppies. :)

Gotta get ready for AWANAS. I think Jackson's memorized 6 verses this week. He should be getting his vest and such tonight. Happy boy! Last week was the best though. He won Sparkie of the night!!!!! The way to win that is.... the teachers all watch all the kids and the one child who is being quiet, helpful, respectful, etc and being an example of how a Sparkie should behave gets to be Sparkie of the night. In my opinion this is a fantastic thing to be. And I'm so proud of him. But he really, really wants to get his vest and a badge etc and so he should get it tonight. He's worked hard for it all week. Nikole has her verse memorized and she's ready to go. They both love AWANAS and that warms my heart.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  7:19:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Kimberly, I would be so happy if it snowed right now! I'm addicted to it:)
Angela, I'm sorry that your weekend was ruined. This woman sounds like a true party pooper:(
Bunny, congratulations to your son!
Peggy, I'm praying for you!
Thank you to everyone for your encouraging words regarding my father. I definitely could have it worse, but I do wish it was better. But, onto happier things! I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night, which is way more than I usually get, so I was very alert today. I like getting sleep! So hopefully tonight I'll stay on the same pattern. Either way, I have homework, so I hope everyone has a joyful Thursday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page