Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  07:30:39 AM  Show Profile
Peg they are beautiful babies. Sorry the junk is attacking. I stayed home yesterday as I was feeling a bit off and I hate head colds, so stayed home and rested.

Dew, if it is just the two of you, you might think about driving to Seattle and taking the ferry. If you can sleep in your vehicle it tends to be cheaper to do that and drive up from Haines.

Bunny, my hand sewing is absolutely awful every stitch is a different size. Machine sewing is better for me. I have finally figured out the square corners and sew down the points to make sure the silly things do not come undone.

Pam lurk all you like.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Peggy yes you get choices and I did do both. The problem/oppertunity with having a big family is that you get to have options or is it have to have options.
Anyway some of both are on the porch. Enjoy. Baking is my stress relief, so you will find things on the porch to munch on when I have had a stressful week.

DH misses the fact that all of our kids are grown. Here in Idaho kids 17 and under have more options for hunting. They call them youth hunts. DH loved to take the kids on these.
They have to have an adult hunter with them. He is waiting for the Gkids to get old enough to take. For now we enjoy our time together in the mountains.

OOOOH White chocolate tea and cinnamon rolls. I think I may need to stay a while.

Bunny I am with you on the binding. Thats how I do mine. I love the hand stitch part as well. I can sit and watch TV with DH or if it is a baby or lap quilt I will take it in the car
if we have a long drive. There is also a couple of web sites that show really good photos and explain how to do binding. I am the visual sort. Explaining is great but I need to see it.

It still has not snowed here. Just cold, cold, and more cold!! I think it will have to warm up to snow. LOL They say maybe today or tonight, but they don't really know.
I hope it snows soon or a least the sun shines so I can get more done outside. Something besides over cast and gloomy and of course cold.

I have to finish scarves and hats for the Gkids for Christmas. All different colors but they are easy and fast and needed. Cause it is cold. Are you getting the feeling I don't like cold? LOL

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  09:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Morning Girls...yes, it is still morning and I am up. Miracles never cease. I feel much better today and hope to get somethings done around here. I think my lawn guy just arrived because my dogs are going nuts barking at the back door. !

Dianne...let me be the first to ask you, "Do you like cold weather?" Ha Ha! Couldn't resist that. lol
I started a scarf for my DIL to be, for Christmas. It is kind of a fancy warm one...more for wearing if you are going out for the evening....but halfway through making it I had to stop and work on a couple of dish-cloths...because I am addicted to making them. They are how I relax in the evening with DH while we watch tv. I have to have my hands occupied.

We are getting really cold weather too but snow only in the Mts. Which has all the skiers thrilled to no-end. Last year ski-season started late Oct. and went through the first few weeks of July. They won't have that great of season again this year but if they get up there by Thanksgiving they are happy.

Bunny...I think you are fighting against a few job openings in a small town. Every job probably has hundreds of applicants. It is that bad here too. Only we have thousands apply for the same jobs.
I hope that your doing the free class will drum up business for your winter/holiday classes. Hang in there girl...something has got to pop sometime. Is your son still coming for Thanksgiving? How about your mom, is she staying home or going to your sisters? Hope you have some nice plans to look forward to.

Cherime...well girl, hope you are feeling better. I guess this is the time of year for all kinds of stuff to be going around. Did you get all your winterizing (that you working on) done? What are temps like right now?

Well my Porchies, I have been enjoying a long cuppa cherry cosmo tea while chatting with you this morning...I will leave some on the Porch for you. It sounds like a spring/summer kind of tea...but it is good all year long. Hot in winter and either way in the summer.

Will check back in later....
Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  10:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello Porchies,

Good to see everyone here today. Does anyone have a really simple crochet pattern that is easy to read for a scarf. I am not real good at following patterns, that is why the baby blanket I just made was all double crochets, I would like to make my 2 daughter in laws and daughter scarfs for Christmas, but haven't been able to find one I can follow yet.

Pam, hope the rest of the week is good for you.

Chermine, I saw a you tube video last night about binding, wish I had seen that before I did mine. Oh well like Peggy said, baby won't care.

Dianne, I don't like the cold much myself either, hurts my joints...last year we got three snows here in GA which has never happened. We always get ice but not snow. I sure wish I had asked all of you about the binding before I did it..but oh well, next time I will know better (if there is a next time, lol)

Bunny, I don't know why I didn't talk to you first about the binding, you being the expert...but if I have any other questions I will be sure to ask first.. I hope you hear something on the money front and job soon...praying for you..

Peggy, thank you for saying such sweet things about my blanket...I know the baby will not care, but I just wanted it to be perfect. But there is enough love in it to make up for the boo boo's..I am so glad you are feeling better today.

Thanks for all the goodies that are left for us...I just had dried pinto beans and cornbread for lunch...so good, I cooked the beans yesterday and DH did the cornbread, his is so much better than mine.

I will get a better pic with my camera of the baby presents in a bit before I wrap them...the ones with the phone weren't as clear as I would have liked.

I will check in later, hope everyone has a great day

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Boy this week has been a whirlwind. I never thought a hat business would take off so fast. I'm finishing one hat, have 3 more to make and got an email asking for 9 hats. 9! OMG! Not sure I will take on that many. Me and Netflix are becoming real good friends.

Penny- What kind of pattern are you looking for? Written or picture? I do better reading written instructions but can also do some picture patterns. I can even write my own with graph paper. I also use a row counter or write on a piece of paper which row I just finished. I love making sampler scarves. This is just a scarf that is made up of many different stitches.

Here's a pic of something I did for myself. It's a cowl with some unique buttons.

Tomorrow we will be going to the Celtic Festival. I've been working on finishing DD's costume and have spray on glitter all over my hands. I'm sure we'll have fun and I'll have some pics to show you.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  7:38:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, I finally officially have a job. It is permanent part time at the local big grocery store as a ....ready.....fruit cutter. Yep, I'll be the one that cuts up all the fruit and puts in onto party platters, plastic see through containers etc. I think I can actually manage this as long as I keep my mouth shut and behave. I'm only guaranteeing 12 hours a week but that is perfect for school. They said I would probably get more than that. I'm just not sure right now about Thanksgiving. I told them my son was paying $500.00 in gas and a total of 24 hours to come and spend Thanksgiving with me and I would really like to spend it with him. I told them I would be free for any and every other holiday after that. I'm hoping we can work it out. I'll be bummed if I have to tell him not to come. My mom is going to Utah for my nephew's wedding so she will be gone. It almost sounded like they wanted me to work Thanksgiving day saying "well we do close at 6pm". I told them that was when my son was arriving and if I worked, there wouldn't be anyone home to cook Thanksgiving dinner... I'm the cook! The lady hiring me is a friend and she said they would do everything they could to make sure I spent time with him.
But I have a job finally. Yea!

Anyway, I have to get to work on homework. Later everyone.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  7:42:04 PM  Show Profile
Julie, good for you on the hats! Where are your orders coming from? I love your scarf! Purple is my favorite color.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  8:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bunny! My orders have been coming from my work, DH's work, and word of mouth from some farmer's market vendors. My "theory" is that the hats are something locally made and useful. Since the economy sucks, people want to buy things that are local and have a real purpose. If they are ultra cute then that's a bonus. I will be revealing a new hat in the next few days but I can't sell it. Copyright issues. But posting the hat will give me a good indication whether to buy the cottage license or not.

I'd be happy to make you a purple scarf Sister. :)

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  8:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Julie, that is such a pretty scarf/cowl! I can't wear things around my neck - I feel like I'm chocking, even with certain tighter necked t-shirts. But it is very lovely! If I only I was motivated & organized...hahahahaha

Bunny - good for you for getting the job! And I really hope that you get Thanksgiving off! I know when I first started certain jobs, I just told them "I have plans for such & such that have been made for so long, so I can't work that weekend/day", and I generally got them off. A few times, I think I had to do a morning shift/half day shift or something. I think it's rather rude of them if they don't accommodate you. But that's just my opinion.

Ah, the weekend is here. It's nice. I like weekends, especially lately. Going shopping tomorrow, not sure what I'm doing on Sunday. Maybe making some meals for the week. I need to try a variety of things. But I decided to cut out dairy for a few weeks & see if that helps anything. Then my next step is to cut out gluten/wheat :(. I just want to see how it works, although, so far, every ingredient list I've looked at (granted, it's my "junk food allotment for the next week or two!) has some form of wheat in it. I think it's gonna be way harder than I'm anticipating! Oh well. If it works, it will so be worth it! I'm also participating in NaBloPoMo 2011 this month....it's a private blog, but I do have a few special readers - we're all readers of each others blogs :). So that's taking a bit of time too. Thankfully I have some backup ideas to help me through the days when I have nothing to post lol. Ah well. Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  8:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick note...Julie, love the cowl too...I'm like Bunny, purple is also my favorite color....I can read simple crochet patterns, if they are written with out the * those get me confused...lol...I'm a simpleton when it come to crocheting. I have looked at you tube video's that have helped some...I did buy me some stitch markers, really don't know why but saw them on the video and thought I might keep them on hand just in case..lol..thank you for asking but not really sure what kind of pattern I'm looking for, just something easy and pretty for scarfs...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  10:11:45 PM  Show Profile
If this is to personal I apologize. I could sure use a farmgirl sister hug right now and a bunch of prayers sent heavenward on my behalf. My marriage is in trouble. I'm in agony. I'm spending any time I have alone in prayer and tears. With all that's happening I'm wondering if I shouldn't see if I can find a job I can do from home, just in case.

Good stuff that's happening: tomorrow is my daughter's 4th Birthday Party (she won't actually be 4 until Sunday), my parents came down from Canada to celebrate her birthday with her. I'm still blessed beyond measure. :)

Congrats on the job Bunny!

Love your work Julie.

Still terribly jealous of your wood cookstove Penny. :D

Blessings to all

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  12:02:37 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...so sorry that your marriage is having problems. You have our love and prayers sister. All marriages, even good ones have there problems. If anyone can mend it God can.

Bunny...Congrats on the job! Yahoo for you...that is so Awesome! Hey, doesn't matter what you will be doing, it's a job! And with your creative flare I am sure your fruit trays will be the best looking fruit in ALL the grocery stores in The Dalles!

Julie...your hats are so cute! I can imagine that everyone wants one that sees them. 9 huh? Do they want them all for Christmas? You are going to be one busy girl.

Penny...do you knit? I have very simple knit scarf patterns in my head if you want one or two. But they won't do you any good if you don't knit. LOL

Pam...your private blog sounds interesting. Why is it private...is it just for a group of friends?

Well Ladies...I am off to read before bed. I did some knitting last night and tonight...and it felt good
to do something normal and routine for a change. Oh, and I cooked dinner. First time in the new house. We had been eating out just because it was easier with the move but gosh we got sick of meals out. Nothing like my own home cooking.

Sweet Dreams My Porchies....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  06:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
My dear sweet Kimberly, I am giving you a big farmgirl hug!!! I will say a prayer for you, I am so sorry to hear about the trouble in your marriage, and Peggy is right, if any one can help it is GOD. Know that I am here to listen, you have my email if you want to write. We all love you and support you in what ever happens but I hope that you get the results you want.

Peggy, I wish I could knit, never learned how, I love the way knitted things look. Thank you anyway. I will come up with something...going today to the baby shower and going to go by hobby lobby, michaels and hancock fabrics and hope to find a pattern that I can follow...I just have such a time reading patterns....guess I don't practice enough....lol...

I'm off to get ready, the town the shower is in is 1:30 min. away and it is at 12. But I'm so excited, DH told me not to get to excited, he is afraid I will have my feelings hurt...you know young people that don't sew or do crafts sometimes don't really appreciate homemade items....let's hope that isn't true, today, I don't think it will be. Will let ya know when I get back.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  06:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kimberly, my thoughts & prayers are with you! Do you have a pastor/minister/counselor to talk to as well? I would definitely look into it, and I'm so glad you're praying about it. {{{hugs to you!}}} Happy Birthday to your daughter too!

Peggy - it's private so that my family doesn't read it lol. They don't always like what I think or write, but it's my thoughts & I can think them if I want! lol It's just a small number of close, mostly online, friends (although I do know some of them in "real life"). What really started it was when my brother & sil would come up, and then just leave me with all the kids (without asking) while they & my sister took off to do something more fun. It was like "Oh, well, auntie's here, so she can babysit & we won't ask or see if she would rather come with us". And then combined with the fact that they didn't think that I knew anything about "raising kids" (from a person who has babysat kids from 1 month old to 10 years - since I was 10 1/2!, not to mention that I was going to school for ECE/daycare!), it kinda pissed me off. So now it's just for certain people. And they have never asked to read it since I made it private, and they aren't going to. (It is better now, but they - my brother & sil - still don't think I know anything about raising kids - hahahaha is all I have to say to that! Have you tried taking care of 20+ 2-5 year olds in a day?) And they've stopped giving me grief every time they come up b/c I don't drop everything to go to my Mom's to see them (b/c I live 20 miles from a 24-hr border crossing, that is about 30-40 miles east of where they usually go through, but it's too far for them to come see me). At least, most of the time. They still like to, but I'm like "when you start giving more than a weeks notice that you're coming up, or stop in here to see me, then maybe I'll make it up to Mom's". But yeah, I have issues with them & their "ideas"....and when I vent it out, they don't like it lol. So it's private. Much easier & better that way.

Penny, hope you have a great time at the shower! And in my experience, most of the recipients of homemade gifts love them! My cousin totally prefers homemade to bought :). I like making her things :).

Well, I better go & get some breakfast before getting dressed to leave for "the city" haha - aka Walmart, post office & Pamida! Last day of having dairy....let's see how I survive!

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  10:28:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies. It is cold and wet here in Vancouver! Last nights news said that the rain would probably miss us...guess they were wrong...but I am sitting here with a cup of vanilla Yerba Mate Tea that is wonderful! I am contemplating bathing one of my dogs this morning as she keeps scratching herself to death. She has allergies and I can't get my husband to quit sneaking them bites of people food. We pay big bucks for organic dog food for them...so they don't have allergies. Men...just litte boys in big boys bodies!

Kimberely...dear, couldn't get you off my heart and mind last night. Like Penny offered...if you need some private conversation on this matter...you can always email me. And Pams recommendation for speaking with a Pastor or Counselor is very wise. I will continue to pray for you. And I pray that you can feel all our love, concern and hugs...wrapping around your shoulders. Love you girl!

Penny...oh, I wish we lived close to each other...I could teach you how to knit and you could teach me tons of things I don't know.
I am with you...I can't read knitting or crocheting patterns unless they are simple simple. I am a very visual learner. Somebody shows me how and I have it in my head for life. But as you know that kind of limits you to basic stuff. I have a friend who knits amazing stuff...like baby blankets with little sheep and the entire Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Prayer. She taught me how to knit but she can follow any pattern and it all makes sense to her. Wish It was that easy for me. lol
I am sure your blanket will be the hit of the party today. It is lovely! You should be proud of your hard work.

Do you know that when I made prayer shawls and gave them out...I always knit in a mistake on purpose...it reminds me the knitter and the recipient that non of us our perfect except Jesus and mistakes are OK...that is how we learn and what keeps us humble. That wasn't my own idea...I read it in the first Prayer Shawl book, and it really resinated with me.

Pam...OK girl...now I get why you keep your blog private. It is always the family members that can get to you if you let them and I love the way you chose to deal with it and still allow yourself the ability to vent and have your opinion heard. It sounds like you have plenty of experience with children but shame on them for always thinking that you would just love to watch their kids while they go off and have fun without you. That seems very selfish and unkind to me.
OK, here is another question for you...what is Pamida?

Well My Lovelies I am off to do some more unpacking and just kick around here today. I am in the middle of a good book and this is perfect weather to snuggle up and do some reading.

I will check back later.

Love and Farmgirl
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 05 2011 10:32:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  3:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Pamida is kind of like a knock-off, discount-y type store - cheaper than Walmart, smaller, but still tons of things there. (Here is their website http://www.pamida.com/) They don't do it so much anymore (ever since they read on my blog about being "volun-told), and also that I haven't been able to go while they are up (with a weeks' notice, I generally have plans for that weekend already), but it is kind of annoying. I don't mind looking after the kids, but don't take it for granted that that's all I want to do.

I bought some outdoor mini icicle lights....but I only bought enough to do half of my railing! Oh the joys of being number dyslexic! lol Oh well. No big deal, I guess. Someone will be going down there again & can pick some up for me.

Found a couple of Christmas presents, so it was rather productive. And cheaper than usual too! I found 2 CDs (Celtic Seashore & Seaside Solo Piano, both from Solitudes. I <3 Solitudes!), a few groceries, Christmas twist tie things (that are quite useful :)). I even got to mail my friend's baby gift :).

Now I'm off to clean & do laundry. Yay, how fun lol. Oh well. It will be done for a few days anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  6:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, my heart is breaking for you. I have been there and I think quite a few ladies here know what you are going through. Prayer, meditation, rocking music, dancing around the house, chocolate can help. Having a great friend to cry with is important. Just take a deep breath and take inventory of what is really happening and what you can do right now to deal with it. Not sure what is going on but please know that no matter how bad, there is always a solution. It just might not be what you want right now. I'm totally speaking from live experience. Concentrate on what you do want not what you don't want. I have discovered that panicking will close you off to receiving the answers to your prayers. We are here for you!

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  7:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all, I'm back,

Pam you were right, she loved everything I made for her. The quilted faux chenille blanket, crochet blanket, burp cloths and the favorite by everyone I think the handkerchief baby bonnet. I was even asked to explain how I made the bonnet...that really made me feel good, also bought a cute little summer outfit for the baby...she should fit right into by then, put DH name on it as she loves him alot..thinks he is the cats meow...lol..anyway, they all treated me like family...Here is a pic of the Mommy with the blanketDang I think I needed to brush my hair again...lol...it was so much fun today...This young lady was told she would never be able to become pregnant but as she said Dr's don't know what GOD knows... Pam, Isn't family member's fun...lol...we all have our share... I hope you get your lights soon, It will work out I'm sure.

Peggy, how I wish you lived closer, I am visual too and bet you could teach me to knit... I just love the way knitting looks...maybe someday I will try and teach myself, but for now crocheting will have to do since these scarfs need to be done by Christma... Your tea sounds wonderful, it isn't raining here but it is turning cold...38 tonight they say. I saw a book on prayer shawls tonight but the patterns seemed to hard...so I passed on it...I love the idea of the mistake, great idea...love it...

Bunny, great advice you and everyone else has given Kimberly, sure wish we could all be there to give her big hugs and a shoulder...

Kimberly, please know we love you and are all praying for you...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  7:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly - My heart goes out to you. I've recently shared my own problems with my relationship. Please feel to email me if you need to chat with someone. I know what it's like. When I divorced my ex I had no real job and it terrified me but the doors opened and I found my current job. I'm once again in a situation with my hours being cut that I can't support myself and a relationship in trouble. Bunny's suggestion of the girls only island sounds really good. The plan, plan, plan suggestions are very wise too. Better to be prepared for any eventuality.

Bunny - congrats on the job!!! I got an email from Target - one of those thanks for applying but no thanks. Very disappointing.

Julie - Gorgeous! I love all the little trinkets you have on it.

Today has been busy. I took the pups and ran errands this morning. Fixed lunch when the man got home from work and then took both pups to the self serve doggie wash. Both are looking mighty beautiful all shiny and poofy :O) Df bought 25 bags of blow in insulation so I helped carry the bags from the truck to the garage. I was so tired that I layed down and took a 2 hour nap. Unfortunately I'm still feeling foggy from the nap and feeling like I lost a portion of my day and it's time for bed again. Oh well there's always tomorrow for cleaning. I did get another skein of yarn for my son's helmet liner I'm knitting so I can get that finished up.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  11:54:12 PM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy...sounds like you and I had dog baths on our agenda's today. I only got one of mine done, the other one hopefully tomorrow. I have a really deep kitchen sink in the new house and both my dogs are under 20 lbs...so it worked great. I did get a bath along with the dog...but hey, I kind of expected that. Sounds like you did enough work today to warrant that nap!!

Penny...thanks for sharing the pictures with us. You looked beautiful...even with wind swept hair! I knew your friend would love everything you made for her. How exciting when God shows Dr.s that He has the last say in pregnancies and other medical issues. I had a Dr. tell me to never get pregnant because of my heart murmur. I am glad that I trusted God and not her...or I wouldn't have 3 wonderful sons.

Pam...sounds like your trip to town was a good one. I got several Christmas presents tucked away already too. Which is a blessing...as this move cost us $ that was not budgeted into our expenses. I will be watching the sales like crazy...to make Christmas happen. But in all honesty...as long as all the Grand-kids get gifts that is what is the most important to us. Christmas is for the kids!

We went to Church tonight instead of tomorrow and the service was awesome. Just what My Soul needed! Tomorrow I will use my normal church time to prepare my Bible Study Lesson for Thursday.

May we all learn to seek His Presence Daily. My Porchies... I have a devotional that I would love to recommend to annyone that needs a little spiritual boost! It is called "The Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
It is Enjoying Peace in His Presence. But the really cool thing about it is that these are devotional writings that she penned in her devotions with Jesus everyday. So they are like Jesus is speaking directly to you...as he spoke first to her. It is such an awesome devotional. One gal in my Bible Study Group got it for a gift...and then she bought a copy for someone else in our Bible Study Group and then as they started sharing from it with us...most of us ended up getting it. And it is so cool to know that what God is speaking to my heart everyday...he is using the same words to speak to my sisters hearts too. How cool is that?

Have a Blessed Lord's Day Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 06 2011 12:00:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  12:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, go to bed! It's after 12:00 AM.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  12:11:42 AM  Show Profile
No Bunny...we gain an hour tonight! It is only 11:00! LOL
You go to bed too girlfriend...you are soooo funny!!!!!

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  07:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all! Rough day here yesterday with having to put our dog down, but today is a new day filled with new promises.

Kimberly...I'm sorry to hear about problems with your marriage. I'll be thinking and praying for you right now.

Hope all of you have a good Sunday! If anyone needs a cup of coffee, I've got some brewed and there's some hazelnut milk to add to it.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  08:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Peggy I am starting to think we are a little bit a like. I am always making something while DH and I are watching TV or just relaxing. DH once asked me if I ever sit still. I told him I was and he said I was not because I was knitting a dish cloth. LOL
Penny I don't crochet to much any more but I have a good friend that crochets everything even socks! I will ask her for you. I have your adress from the yo yo thing so I will send what she gives me.

Bunny I am glad you got a job. I hope everything works out with your family for thanksgiving. Fruit cutter sounds kind of odd for a job title but maybe they will let you be creative. Some of those fuit tray are down right boring.

Julie I lve the cowl. I am with everyone else. I love purple. And yours is so neat with the buttons what a great idea.

Kimberly My prayers are with you. and lots of hugs. Something to do from home is never a bad idea. Extra cash is always a help. Praying for you and your hubby.

Peggy I don't have to purposely knit in a mistake. I usuly have one or two in there some where. LOL I know I do not knit purfect but the people who get my knited items don't seem to mind.

We had snow!!! Ok not a lot infact most of it is melted except for my back yard. It is still tring to snow now. I guess God wanted to give me a special present when I got up this morning. Or maybe he got tired of me complaining. LOL

I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday. Did you enjoy the extra hour of sleep or were you like Peggy and Bunny. Up all night! LOL

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  10:23:21 AM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
the last couple of days have been
so beautiful the fall chill in the am
but he afternoons gorgeous...
love this weather we'll sit outside and have a fire i'll knit
and my DH will read.. i'll be sorry to see it end
when winter comes..i'm baking some apple pies with the last
of my apples i picked. and roasted some of my tomatoes
Bunny congrats on the job...
peggy you sound full of energy..LOL
kim hugs and prayers
julie pretty cowl..
penny wow nice quilt.
prayers for all my sweet porchies
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page