Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  10:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, I have one scarf for you and am working on another. I probably have it, but could you send me your address so I can get them to you by Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll have the second one done by then.. nothing fancy. I'm pretty much a simpleton when it comes to knitting.

Peggy, to answer your questions. Yes I got all my money from cranky x boss lady, the dating guy said I was wonderful but my history was too much like his and he needed someone with a different family history. Bla Bla Bla... most likely looking for someone younger and thinner. Said I was the most normal person he had met online so far and who ever finds me will be a lucky guy. Right! Moving on. School is good, it looks like I'm getting A's in all my classes so far. I have sewing classes scheduled but no one is signing up. Sigh.... that's OK, I'll live. The shop is doing some advertising to help out. We'll see if it works.

Tammy, what a bum! Don't mess with momma's kids for Gods sake. I'm so sorry to hear that he has turned into a typical self centered man. Hang in there and don't do anything rash too soon. Plan, Plan, Plan!!
And by the way, if my son came home from war injured, he could eat his dinner on the toilet for all I care. I would just be glad he was home and in my house. My girl friend (in a crappy marriage) and I always dreamed if we won the lottery we would buy an island and only let women live there. Single mom's, young and old alike. No men allowed. You could take a boat to the mainland for that. Everyone would have a cabin to live in and help with stuff that made money for all of us to live on... anyone with an attitude just got moved to the back 40.
I know everyone on there is praying for you and hoping you can get your life in order the way you want and need. At least you found this out before getting married. I bet you and Melanie could have some good gripe sessions about the guys you almost married.

Well, time for bed. Tomorrow is all day homework day. I was bad and slacked off because of the craft fair. Time to pay the piper..

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  04:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness, it has been a long time since I have been on the Porch.

Getting use to apartment life. Never lived in one before. The only saving grace is that it is right on the water and there is a boat marina behind us. I love the sealife, boats, and salty air.

We have a nice cool down too. But I don't think most of you will see my South Texas temps as a cool down. I really miss the leaves and stuff of Ohio in the fall. Just don't miss the ice and snow. LOL

Have a wonderful day!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  06:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Julie - The cupcake hat is adorable!

Thanks everybody for the support. The man I know and loved reappeared last night. He told me to kick back in front of the tv and knit while he was going to cook since I'd been cooking all last week and deserved a night off. It's like getting whiplash between these two personalities and I've wondered if he might be mildly bipolar. Bunny I totally agree, as long as my kid is home I could care less where he eats. It wasn't like we were eating at the table - we were sitting in the living room eating. I realize in his way last night was a form of an apology but yet it wasn't and he does the same thing every time he's gone off like this in the past. Once he blows up and cools down there's this solicious behavior but never an apology. I get the "I'm sorry you don't like what I said but it was true and you need to deal with it." I'm the only woman he's ever been in a relationship with so he's never developed relationship skills that guys typically do when dating. I've make excuses for this behavior in the past because of it but it's got to stop. In the last two rants he's gone on he's told me that "I" need to straighten my kids out regarding him or else." I'm not the one that did the damage so I'm not going to attempt to repair it. Every time he tells me to get out if I don't like something he just reinforces my kids' opinion that he's a jerk and I need to leave. Unfortunately they don't see the wonderful side of him when he's not in these rants. I have a lot of thinking and praying to do and I appreciate the support.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy, you are the only one that can make the decision of what is best for you and I agree with you, Pray girlfriend, pray. God will give you the answer to what you should do...isn't it wonderful that our Father is there for us in times like this. You are in my prayers.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  07:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I have been gone hunting with my DH so I have a lot to read. Just wanted to say to all of you in the NE that you are in my prayers.We have not had snow yet. So when I read all the posts on the snow in the NE I was amazed. This early in the season it is scary.

Luanne I hope you have power back now. We keep candles, oil in the lamps, and propane stocked up just in case. I know it will hold us for few hours but not long term.

Kimberly I wopuld have done that rooster in too. I will not have an animal that goes after people. We had a dog once we had to put down. Broke my heart but he would corner small children. We never figured out why he started cornering the kids then he went after
one of the little piglets. Can not have that.

Tammy I will pray for you and him. I am sorry you have to deal with this now. This should be a time of joy and celebration with your son. Shame on that man for not wanting to share this joy. Never say your sorry!!! What garbage is that? How can you truly love
someone if you can't admit you messed up and say your sorry. Thats what he would expect from you. I agree with Peggy run far and fast. He is making you choose between him and your children. No one who truly loves you would ever do that.

Julie the hat is adorable.

Pam I hope you are feeling better. Yea thats weird. But what ever it takes to make you feel better. Maybe your sinuses were messed up and the sneeze helped clear them up.

Well the bell is about to ring and I need to get things set up for class. It is still morning here. Cold and dark, but the sun is working on making an apperance. Colder and rain or snow for tomarrow. Wish I could just hide in the house and craft or read a good book, but work calls.
Thanks for the tea and crumpets. I will leave something warm tomarrow. I am thinking cinnamon rolls.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  08:22:02 AM  Show Profile
Tammy praying for you.
Bunny, I love your island idea.
DEW we got a dusting of snow and the the wind set in. Howling and gusting at about 80 to 90 here and there across the valley. But the best part was that it was clear and at 4:30 this am when I put the dog out, the Northern Lights were just running wild across the sky. I stood out to watch a little bit because they were just so amazing. Even with all the lights everywhere you could not miss them. All green and red and huge waves of them. God makes the very best light show. Have a good day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  08:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Would love to see Northern Lights. My hubby saw them while working in AK. He loves it there.

We have an lots of falling stars here. I saw one the other morning. I take my hubby to work and we leave by 5:00am. It is very clear here most mornings. It always gives me a thrill to see them.

God Bless

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  09:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, I'm so jealous!!! I miss the Northern Lights so much. I even named one of my horses Aurora Boreal, that's how much I love the Northern Lights!! One of the perks of living in the "frozen tundra". :D

Pam, No worries. I don't think my kids are scarred for life over the rooster. :) They now know without any doubt that Momma means business when it comes to nothing and nobody hurts my children! I won't keep a mean animal for any reason. Why breed mean? There's plenty of nice animals out there. If I can't trust it, it needs to go. If my kids can't safely play in their own yard..... that's going to change, immediately.

Dianne, couldn't agree more, I've removed animals over the years that weren't trustworthy. Even before I had kids I wouldn't have an animal I couldn't trust around them. You went hunting. Did you get anything? I think hubby is planning on going hunting this year. I've told him to bring back a deer and an elk and then to bring home lots of geese because I want more of that jerky!!

Amy, isn't God's creation awe inspiring?

Julie, your hats are adorable. I wish I had that kind of talent. I'd love to make some like those for my kids, oh wait and me too!

Tammy, I don't know much of your situation but me personally, I don't do ultimatums. If he said, if you don't like it get out. I'd be packing, because it's going to be more of the same, you'll always be under that knife waiting for it to fall.

We've had an eventful week. I personally despise Halloween, but I have no problem with my children wearing cute costumes and getting free candy! So we took them to one of the schools that has a fund raising evening of lots of fun for the kids. It was a blast and there were no evil costumes there!! Then on Halloween we took the kids trick or treating with some friends, it's a very small, very safe community. Now we're all home sick. Not from the candy! Hubby got a cold and then son and daughter got it and I'm fighting against it as hard as I can as I've got to look after them, the livestock, make meals and look after the house. This weekend is my baby girl's fourth birthday. I still can't believe it. All you Momma's of adult children are probably laughing at me, but that's okay. :) My daughter has requested a carrot cake and although I'm very capable of baking one I think this time I'm going to wuss out and buy it. I am the WORST at decorating and working with icing and there isn't even a prayer that I could make those little carrots. For her third birthday I made her a Barbie doll cake, where the cake is the doll's dress. She loved it. It looked a little sad..... but SHE loved it!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  10:16:05 AM  Show Profile

Here are my two Halloween Treats/First one is Angel Baby Naomi and 2nd is Tinkerbell Madeline!

Hi Bunny...loved your desert island idea. My sister and I would always say...that we had our own private island that no one was allowed on but us. It was our safe haven from the crazy people of the world. LOL Which sometimes can be our own families. Some times even ourselves. Have you ever felt like you needed a break from your own craziness? There are days (like twice a month...when hormones use to rage) that I couldn't even stand being around myself. Let alone think I was good company for anyone else. Those are the times my sister and I would tell each other that we were headed for the Island and we would meet each other there. For a very long time we had so much fun with our Island that we had Island Screen Savers, we would send each other Island and Beach themed cards, jewelry etc. It was fun. But now she is very sick and we don't get to have that kind of fun together anymore. So, Bunny it was fun to hear that you and your girlfriend did the same thing only boycotting men.
We boycotted everyone but ourselves. We had only two beach chairs and one umbrella on our island and we did not want to be rescued...ever! LOL

Cherime...would love to see the Northern Lights sometime besides just on TV. They do look spectacular! I guess that at some rare times...you can see them from here but I have never been preveledged to witness that happening.

Dianne...did you and hubby get anything on your hunting trip? What were you hunting for...deer,elk, birds etc?

Pam...hope you are feeling better today. I had a rough go round with something intestinal yesterday and last night. Didn't get much sleep so will probably go take an early nap. I have been drinking some chicken broth this morning and flat-soda...just trying to calm the system down. Hope you are feeling in "the pink" this morning!

Penny...nice seeing you on here again this morning. Your wisdom is good...prayers on any subject are the answer. But you and I both know that it is good to see a man's true colors before you say I do. I had to learn the hard way...that God and I could go it alone...if need be. And that is good for any woman to learn...it is great to have a good man, like we do now (each of us) but we do not need a man to fulfill us as women.
Only God can truly meet all of our needs. OK, down off the pulpit (again)! lol

RFM Tammy...we are praying for you girlfriend! You and God will figure it all out.

Amy...good to see you back on the porch. I was on your blog this morning and you do have a pretty view from your Apartment stairs. Funny that you just went into Apartment Living and I just stepped back into a house after living in an apartment for 6 years. I miss the people at the Retirement Estates but I don't miss watching them die. That was just all too sad to watch!

Now that I am back in a house...it is lonely because it is just me and the two dogs all day long until hubby gets home from work. I will probably stay busy...but I can see that I could go days with no social interaction. I will just have to keep the car and get out more. The only bad thing about getting out more is that I spend money more. lol At least my hubby thinks it's bad! I told him that he makes it so I can spend it...and that is just how it should be. Ha Ha!

Deborah...we miss you being on the porch too...tea and sympathy are two things we have a lot of. Hee Hee!

Well...the sun is shining and even though it is cold here at least we don't have snow to deal with like many of our NE MJF Sisters do. Goodness...cold weather and rain is bad enough. We like to keep our snow up in the Mountains were it belongs. That way we can go to it...if we want a little snow day here and there. My hubby and I like to go up to the Ski Lodge once or twice a season just to have lunch.

OK...back to bed to catch up on all those night time hours I lost last night.

Have a Beautiful Day My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 02 2011 2:28:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  10:22:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly..we must have been posting at the same time. My kids are all grown and I miss those years.
Cherish every moment with them when they are young. The time flies by. I had my youngest later in life and
he is already 25...but he is still my baby. Enjoy Them...and store up the memories...you'll treasure them.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  10:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Peggy ADORABLE! My daughter was Tinkerbell last year, this year she was a princess of hearts. Son was buzz lightyear, last year Woody....see a theme there???? Oh I am trying to love every stage and just enjoy where we are at. I must admit that since everyone is potty trained and a little older now we are able to have a lot more fun. They are just at adorable, cute, fun stages. I do miss the baby days, and I look forward to the older days too but these ones are to precious to miss. :) I actually have a Precious Memories book that I write in cute things they did or said. Just things that I want to remember always. Little things, big things, it doesn't matter. I know it will be over to soon and I want my book for when they are grown and gone and I can read through it and remember their lives at home with Momma.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  4:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hello all, I wanted to share a pic of my wood stove, as soon as we get the door fixed we are going to hook it up so I can us it this winter

Also here are pics of the faux chenille baby blanket I finally got finished for a friends baby shower this Sat. This is the first one I've every made...I really don't like putting binding on, I can tell ya that...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  5:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Penny...your blanket turned out really cute.
I don't like binding either!
Your cookstove looks awesome. Can't wait to see your first meal cooked on it.

Kimberly...I didn't do Halloween at our door, I love seeing all the kids dressed up in their cute costumes though...so I was happy that my kids sent me pictures of the girls. Maybe next year we will pass out candy again...but I find that most parents here take their kids to the Mall or Church Trunk Parties. Those are much safer venues. When I managed the Christian Bookstore at the Mall...I always passed out Candy and a Religious Tract. Some Christians would give me flack over it but I told them that I would use every opportunity to get the Word out into young hands...so that usually calmed their irateness. But I have never been apposed to kids dressing up and getting candy. I look at it as just a fun National Tradition. There is nothing evil about candy and costumes.

Well, off for dinner....Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 02 2011 5:41:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  6:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Penny, Love the stove. We had only exactly like that in our basement when I was a child. It was my great grandmother's. Wish I had one now. I love cooking with wood on a campfire, I know I would love to cook on a wood stove-----Just like the Waltons!!!!!
Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:00:07 AM  Show Profile
Penny - awesome stove! I like that material you made the blanket out of - cute pattern. Once you do bindings a couple time they aren't too bad.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning,

Peggy, thank you for the sweet words about the stove and blanket...I'm not sure I will ever try the binding again, but guess I shouldn't let it scare me off huh? We didn't have any trick or treat kids either (now I am laughing so hard)...one of the things you don't get living WAY out here. But I love seeing all the pics over on the 50's board of all the grandbabies...

Janet, thank you, I love the stove. Was telling DH what you said about the stove in the basement when you were a child...(he doesn't hear well) so he said well can she send you a pic of it since we haven't been able to find one on the internet like it...lol....I had to repeat that ya'll had it when you were a kid...he is so funny sometimes...

Tammy, I hope you are doing good today, I have been praying for you girl...hope things are better. Thanks about my stove...and blanket. I want to take a pic with my camera before wrapping it so everyone can see it better...that pic was taken with my phone and doesn't do it justice..sorry, should be bragging on myself..lol...but I am really proud of how it turned out. And about that binding...yuck...I am so afraid to attempt it ever again...but since you said it isn't to bad after you do it a couple of times, I will have to try it again...don't like it when things beat me...can't let that happen.

Well ladies I have the crochet baby blanket to finish for Sat. so guess I better get to it...hope everyone has a great day...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  07:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Ladies.... it's been a while since I visited with you.

Bunny... love your island idea. make it one that doesn't have winters :)

Tammy... I agree with Bunny...hang in there and plan, plan, plan.

Peggy... I am happy for you being back in your house, I am also alone all day while DH is at work.

Penny... love your cook-stove. I had one back in the 80's, it was dated 1904, and still miss it. The baby blanket is adorable!

Julie... your hats are so cute

It's been hectic here. The contractor is still working on restoring my house, we had to move from the motor-home to a hotel four weeks ago because the water had to turned off. The insurance company says they are providing the hotel only until Saturday, then we will have to move back into the even while the work is ongoing. They have been working for 6 weeks and only the kitchen is near completion. They started working on the bathroom this week so we will have water when we come home on Saturday. I am so tired of living this way. Anyway, at least I don't have to do housecleaning while this is going on :)

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  08:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Penny, love the stove. My parents bought a house back in the late 60's in a small town and there was a stove like this in the house. My mom used it for quite a while to do all the cooking. She called it ole' Betsy. What an awesome find!
I also love your chenille quilt. Great Job! So fun to make. I actually love doing the binding. It is very calming for me. I just sit in front of the TV and do it.. unfortunately I usually have a kitty in my lap helping.En

Peggy, your girls are so cute. What great pictures! Thankfully the weather played nice for them.

Kimberly, hang tight to the joy of your kids now. They do grow up and move away, (or you do). I miss my kids terribly. I should have been a farmers wife with the kids staying to help with the farm. Give them a house on the back 40 and everyone stays close by.

Anyway, I need to get ready for school. Later porchies.
Oh BTW, Megan, thank you for the pretty crochet ornament! Can't wait to see them all together this year.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  08:51:09 AM  Show Profile
Penny, what part of binding didn't you like? Or better, what gave you the most trouble?

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  08:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, I read a few different instructions on the internet and the one I chose was the one that told me to sew the wider side first which I did then go back and fold it over and sew the top side, I think where I made my mistake was sewing the wider side first. And not sewing on the fold line...dang I'm not sure...I wish I had asked you before doing it...but it's done and I'm so glad, maybe you can give me tips for the next time...thanks so much

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi All!

Just thought I would drop in and give a quick hello. I've been horribly busy with work and homelife and miss being on the board so much. I also want to thank everyone for their wonderful teas and ornaments. They are so fabulous! I won't bore you with all the details of the craziness but just know that even though I'm not on the board as much, I miss and think about you all daily.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Penny and Bunny, binding is the part I dislike most. I do mine square with points and sew the points down. I sew down the wide side on the back first and then the other side. Bunny, how is this supposed to be done?
Love the stove and the blanket look lovely.
Kim, good job on that rooster by the way. Of all the things I recall from childhood the horrible old rooster that spurred me remains fresh. Dad handled the rooster and then gave me a much needed lesson on not teasing animals as that is exactly what I had been doing. It was a good learning experience for me. By the way I am not hinting that your kids teased that old rooster, but I certainly teased the one Dad had to do in. I was a very bad girl.;)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Cherime I am so jealous! I love the northern lights. I spent about a week in Nome last year with a group that was working on a Pastors house. I did the cooking. No one let me near a hammer. LOL Anyway we enjoyed the beautiful country and kind of got a look at the lights, but it was day light way to long for most of us to see them.
We did get to spend the last day in Anchorage. It was beautiful there as well. My DhH and I want to go back when we do more sight seeing. We keep talking cruise but not saving for it.

Peggy They are just adorable so lucky to have such cuties.
The hunting did not go as planned. In other words we didn't get anything. But being out in the mountains and being together was really good.

Penny I forgot to tell you I love the blanket. It is just so cute.

They are predicting snow/rain for tonight. They changed that from this morning as it has not happened yet. LOL It is certainly cold enough to snow but so far no snow. I am not a cold fan but I love the snow. Explain that one. MY DH and I will have been married 25 years in Dec and he still has not figured it out. LOL
There are a lot of things he has not figured out. I like to keep him on his toes. Snow is just so much fun and everything looks beautiful. Cold and gray is depressing.Good time to be inside crasting or reading. I love a good book and a cup of tea on the porch. This time of year I need a blanket too.
I didn't get to the cinnamon rolls so I will shoot for tonight and leave some in the mornig for everyone. Do you like the plain white glaze or would you prefer the carmel glaze?

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  4:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I slept in this morning, still fighting that whole intestinal thing. I feel a bit better this afternoon which is good because I have bible study tonight and we are throwing a surprise Grandma Shower for one of the first time Grandma's. She is going to have a Grand-daughter the middle of this month if not sooner. We are all excited for her...because it is just so much fun being a Grandma.

Thanks for the sweet comments on my two little darlings. The are the joy of my heart!

Dianne...wow, we get choices on what kind of frosting we want on our cinnamon rolls? OK, then how about some of each? I love choices!

Most people I know who go hunting only do good 50 % of the time. But it is the whole camping out and being together experience that makes is worth not getting anything.

Two years ago my sister's 12 year old grand-daughter went hunting with her uncle and grandpa and some other family friends and she is the only one who shot a deer.
I guess it was really awesome for her and all the men were so proud of her.

Cherime and Kimberly...I had a banty rooster who kept flying up at me when I was in the tree swing as a little girl. I was probably 4 or 5 and that old rooster kept pecking me. I hadn't taunted him or did anything to him but I guess he didn't like me swinging by where he was eating. I have never liked birds of any kind flying at me at ever since. I don't care how big or how small.

Pam...good to see you on the Porch this Morning. We all miss you...but can relate to being too busy!! Come when you can just so we know that you're OK. Love Ya!

Bunny and Penny...I learned to do binding of edges like
Cherime said...with pointed edges...it came out smoother that way for me. But now that I don't sew at all...I guess I shouldn't stick my 2 cents worth in there.

But no matter what Penny...that baby isn't going to care. It is just going to love being all snuggly in it.

Kathleen...it sounds like you are kind of going through some unusual housing problems yourself. I pray they get your bathroom done before you have to move in.

What kind of things do you do to stay busy while hubby is working? I am a very extraverted person and yet I do have times of introversion too. It comes with having the Fibro/Chronic Fatigue thing. I have never been a visit with your neighbors kind of person...except the polite across the fence chatter. Becuase My husband and I were in Ministry for so many years and worked jobs that kept us people oriented...we always wanted our home to be our escape-to-Haven. I do have my Bible Study Group year round. And I have my youngest son close...so it is not like I am isolated from Society or anything. I guess I shouldn't be complaining because I have a lot to do...just getting my house together...for one.LOL I guess I just might have to turn on the TV or Radio for a little noisy company. lol

Well my lovelies...I am leaving some White Chocolate Rooibos Tea to go with our Cinnamon Rolls tonight. And for Bunny (see I didn't forget) I am leaving you some earl grey.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 03 2011 4:46:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  6:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Pam, so glad to see you here. Lurking is OK too. Just a hiya every once in a while to let us know you are OK.

For my binding, I sew the raw edge to the raw edge of the front of the quilt and fold it over to the back and hand stitch it. The corners are always the hardest for people to understand. Many quilt magazines have great instructions in the back for the binding.
I love to do the hand stitching because it doesn't take any thought and I can cozy up on a couch with kitties and do it.
However, I agree with Peggy, baby won't know the difference and will love it threadbare I'm sure.

Not much going on tonight. I'm teaching a quilting software class tomorrow. But not making any money.Not enough students to pay for the gas and hours I'm going to spend teaching. Oh Well, good PR I guess. Hopefully I'll get some students for the Xmas projects I have scheduled. Signed up for work study through financial aid at the college. I'm 31 on the list. I still haven't heard from the local grocery store I applied at. Getting a bit worried. I may have to make a phone call soon. I just don't want to get disappointed again.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page