Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  07:11:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone - my boyfriend took me to Quiet Valley for the day - a local historical farm with antique crafts, farm demonstrations, etc. and then we went out for dinner. He really is good to me.

I'm down with the flu or something right now - so will post more later.

Hugs to you all my dear friends,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  07:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Julie...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...THE MONKEY HAT! My youngest son's fiance' has a friend who makes all those fun and cool kids (or adult too) hats and she can not keep up with all the orders for them. One of my favorite ones for the girls is her CUPCAKE hat. Just adorable. I would special order one from her but I don't think she wants any more orders at all!!!

Bunny...glad your classes are going better. Sounds like you have made up your mind that they will go 'good' despite the teachers. Probably a great decission on your part girlfriend.

Luanne...sounds like your B-day was a good one.

Kimberly...I can hear the new band all the way to my house. That is so cool! We all need to get as excited as you do about LIFE and we would all be happier people!

Pam...glad you got some help moving that sofa in. We women can do it...just takes us a bit longer, right?
And I so hear you on the Laundry. Should have done mine last week but I can make lots of excuses NOT to do the Laundry...because I don't have the blessing of a Washer and Dryer in my Apartment. I have to go upstairs do the my laundry and it is such a pain. Next apartment we get HAS to have a Washer/Dryer in the
Apartment not just on site.

RoDonna...praying for you to get all your Craft Projects done for your Church Bazaar. Tis the Season huh????
And thanks for the Reminder of Breast Cancer Awareness. I need to schedule my Mamogram.

Well girls...back to bed for a few more winks...

Later,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  11:10:36 AM  Show Profile
Judy, so sorry you are suffering with shingles. I know those that have had them and it is agonizing. Some things that might help are St. John's Wort, Cabbage leaf poultices, vinegar compresses... there are some homeopathic and tissue salt remedies but which one you use depends on what stage you are in. Another thing my ND just told me was that larger doses of Calcium Lactate will help bring a virus under control. So take 1 -2 Tblsp of powdered calcium lactate. I so hope you find some relief.

Peggy, it's funny that you would see me as someone who is so excited about life. I view myself as a realist, others might call me a pessimist.... But I do believe that we should find joy in all the beautiful little things around us. My children bring me great joy and tremendous exhaustion. :) You mentioned feeling depressed and waiting for sunshiny days, maybe take some vit D. I need it worse in the winter or cloudy days. I get very run down and sleepy/depressed when it's a cloudy day. The vit D helps a lot.

Luanne, Quiet Valley sounds like my kind of place. I'm glad you had such a great birthday. I'm hoping we can make a trip to Leavensworth soon. It's a Bavarian town here in WA and I LOVE it. Makes me feel like I'm back in my cousin's house on the Rhein. I'm told there's also a western town in WA somewhere and I'm determined to go there.

I wish you ladies could see my baby girl when she's practicing her letters. "I did it right momma! I made a right cursive s!" It's so sweet. Her writing isn't that great yet but it's already improving. I praise her for making a good try. And she beams. Jackson has nearly perfect writing. He amazes me with the control he has with his pencil. I have to find an art course for him. Maybe he inherited the Fehr artistic ability. My grandmother was a Fehr and she's an artist and she has a cousin who is a somewhat famous artist, Randy Fehr. I have an uncle and some cousins that inherited it, maybe he did too. I definately did not inherit that... although I do make a mean stick man!!!! :P

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  11:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the (((hugs)))Gals and thanks Kimberly for the tips. I'm an Herbalist myself, but wasn't sure if there really was any help for viruses. I guess like anything else, you just treat the symptoms!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  12:35:00 PM  Show Profile
Kim...had my Vitamin D levels checked a year ago and only was at a 3 out of 50.
So my Dr. had me on mega doses for a couple of months until mine got to a 37 and
now I take D twice a day with my calcium. Hasn't helped my mood or my fibro pain
either one. I never suffered from any form of depression until I went through menapause.
I take an anti-depressant and but still have 2-4 days a month that still get depressed.
I shared with one of the Farmgirls that right now...I feel like I am suffocating from
"death". I am a Christian so I do not fear death at all but I have had too much of it
around me in the last couple of years and I feel like I am under a pile of bones and
I can't climb out. Morbid I know! But most of it has to do with where I live...in a Sr.
Estates Building. I told my husband four years ago that I didn't know if I could deal with
that aspect of living here. We have lost 12 people here in 4 years and that is not counting
my family members that are dying at too young of ages. Last night DH and I had a discussion
and I think we need to move and get me out of here and out among the living. We shall see!
Remember I just lost my MIL, my little sister is dying and I have already lost my dad and
brother. They are all in a better place and I know that! But death is hard once it starts
landsliding over the top of you.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  1:33:49 PM  Show Profile
awwwwww....Peggy....I love you girl! Hug,Hug,Hug....that's the best I can do from here "Dearie!"
It does make a difference living in a place where people are always dying. Ever since I lost my Dad, 2 years ago, I think about death a lot. I'm saved, so I'm ready whenever God calls! But I have no younger friends, so older folk dying is inevitable.....and it plays on the mind doesn't it?
We're here for you Girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  5:50:25 PM  Show Profile
((((Awwww - Peggy)))) I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. You definately need to get out of where you're living and amoung younger people so you don't feel like death is such a close companion. Is there any chance you could volunteer/work with children (of any age)? Their youthfulness is often contagious. Even going to a park and sitting and watching kids play might help.

I'm okay with death and have considered working in a hospice. I worked in a nursing home in high school and loved it although several of my friends that tried it couldn't handle it.

I was supposed to have gone to my farmgirl meeting tonight but developed a headache at work and decided it would be better to stay home and try to shake it. They've been doing construction on the offices across the hall from my office all week and today it was louder then normal triggering a headache. I was a bit bummed. So, I'm going to call it a night. Hope everybody had an awesome day :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  6:34:09 PM  Show Profile
awwww....feel better Tammy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  7:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. I agree that you and your husband need to move out of that place asap and get yourselves around young people.

My DH and I find that when we need a boost spending time with our youngest grandsons raises our spirits. When I was 56 I went back to school (a technical college) and had the time of my life. I had just gone through menopause and all the "fun" that goes with it; my arthritis was acting up; I overweight and feeling depressed; then I learned that I was the oldest person in the entire school! Most of the kids were in their 20's. The most important thing I learned during that year ... hang around young people and they will rub off on you. By graduation I was no longer depressed, even my arthritis was under control and I was keeping up with everything those kids were doing.

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  10:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, you know I would hug you if I could...I hope you are able to move if that is what you want to do....

Oh my sweet Judy, I am so sorry you are going through this...my ex had shingles once on the side his heart was on...we thought he was having a heart attack...they put him in the hospital and the next day the signs of shingles appeared...I wish I could come take care of you...you have become such a dear friend...hugs and love

Welcome to all the newbies...you will love it here..

Kimberly, I bet that baby girl is just so precious to watch...just makes you just want to eat them up doesn't it...lol

Kathleen, don't you just love the little grands...mine are already 15 and 12 (boys) but they still let grandma give the big hugs and kisses...

Tammy, hope you feel better porchie...hugs

Bunny, glad you are having fun with school...keep it up.

Luanne, hope you get to feeling better too, girl...bless ya

Oh Julie, that hat is so adorable, sure wish I had a little grand that could wear it...too cute.

Pam, so glad you finally got your couch...isn't it great to see that some young people are still so sweet...glad you got some help

RoDonna, thanks for reminding me of Breast cancer awareness month...

I really need to get to bed...but so much negative around here the last few days...with that ummmm, never mind...I'm going to be nice...no need lowering myself to her level, right? We have to get the stress of that company off us...take if from me ladies, oh and to clear this up, this happened before I came into the family, anyway, Take it from me ladies, "DON'T EVER GO INTO BUSINESS WITH FAMILY"

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  08:33:16 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Peg, I do know that feeling. Being a Christian I understand that you do not fear it but when it is all around it is depressing. I am 67 now and losing folks seems to be speeding up at this point in our lives. Actually the medical community does not help this. Went to the doctor yesterday, annual check up, and certainly wish I had not done so. It cannot help to be living in a place where people are ticking off the days. I thought about our local senior community and nixed that idea. So I have to work harder to keep this place up and to even get it up to standard, keeps me busy and entertained. Blessings on you and may you be blessed with health, provision and may He tuck you beneath His wing and give you perfect peace.

Penny, family business can be extremely entertaining, can’t it.

On the internet is a site, several actually, through the hunger site where you can go and click each day to give small amounts to the charities listed. Breast cancer is one of the sites where I go and click each day. Every little bit helps.

Hugs all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  09:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...It is so nice to know that there is someone who gets how I feel. I told my husband when we moved in here that it might get to me and I was right. I am 8 yrs younger than my husband but he is out working everyday and still being viable in the community. With my Fibro and Chronic Fatigue I had to take Medical
Disability and I am home all day. I feel myself purposely with-drawing from these women...because I don't want to be close to them any more. If it was just my family and closest friends (because like you say...we are getting to that age) I could probably handle it better than I am. Anyway...just knowing that my husband is taking this seriously and is willing to move...is a huge relief to me. Huge!

Thanks to all you Porchies for listening and offering your love and suggestions...you're THE BESTEST EVER!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  3:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies. I'm going to sit way over here because we have some kind of sore throat and fever bug here. If I'm still sick tomorrow I will go to the doctor. I read in last months Whole Living that melatonin ramps up the immune system. I'll start taking a little higher dose along with some vitamin c. Thank you for the compliments on my hat. I'm working on a panda bear hat now. Then I'll make a pig hat.

Kim- Oh how I wish my family was musically talented. What a great gift. Y'all are such a happy family.

Bunny- I wouldn't say I'm an experienced knitter/crocheter. I still only work on easy patterns. Haven't gotten to intermediate yet. I forgot to give you one more piece of college advice. Do the work the teacher wants to see, not what you want to do. My DH was in an English class and kept getting C's on his papers. I told him not to write his opinion but to write what the teacher wanted to hear. They say college is a place to express yourself but with some teachers it really isn't. He really had to grit his teeth for some papers but he started getting A's.

Luanne- I hope you are feeling better. The flu is no fun!

Peggy- I'd love to see the cupcake hat. I was waiting to write because I was mulling over your living situation. My dad is in an assisted living and he frequently has tales of residents passing away or even jumping off the third level. I do think a change of scenery might be good for you. I don't know your age but you seem lively and I know that we tend to reflect the attitude of those around us. I hope you can find more livelier residents. I know it's possible. Think of all the people that are starting a new career after retirement because they want to. A lot of politicians and movie stars, ceo's are well past the retirement age. Life is for living. Hate to see you staying in a place with the living dead. Hope things get better.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  3:23:43 PM  Show Profile

Wow Bunny...you out did yourself farmgirl! I absolutely love the quilted Christmas Tree and the
beautiful Christmas Tag! Thank You So Very Much!! It is a treasure...like everything you do.

Big Porchie Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  6:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you got that really fast! I just got them in the mail yesterday. I'm glad you like it. I loved doing them. At one point I had all 12 up on my design wall and they looked like they would make a cute quilt. I'm putting it on my to do list for next year.
I really hope you are able to move. I totally understand the feeling of living in a retirement community. I'm looking at my future and where I might end up living and I have always had friends much younger than me. I don't think I would fit in a retirement area very well. Good luck finding just the right place.

Tammy, what part of ND are you looking at for jobs. A student in one of my classes did a report on the oil boom there. I went on to craigslist to check out ND and was amazed at the price gouging for housing. I saw a 3 bedroom condo for $4000.00 a month. One ad was from a lady with kids that was being outed from her rented house because the landlord could get $2000.00 for the house. Just a heads up. It would be terrible to get a great job and not be able to find a place to live. I was amazed at all the RV's for rent. So sad to see the greed in people.

Not much else going on. Lots of homework to do this week. I'm saving my Sundays for sewing though. I need to get read for my craft show.
It's raining like crazy outside... love it except when the kitties come in all wet through the kitty door. It is level with my bed and they have to say hi as they go buy.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  12:12:02 AM  Show Profile
Guess What Girls...God does work in Mysterious ways. We are moving into the rental that my son and his girlfriend just moved out of. I start packing tomorrow. How fast was that? God doesn't waste time when he starts something in motion. We have two weeks to move over slowly. But I don't do things slowly. Give me boxes and I am ready to pack. My husband also has 4 days off in a row. And he just thought he was going to be relaxing. Ha Ha! I am very excited. A house with 1,500 square feet. We are coming out of 875 sq. feet and the washer and dryer are already in there. I am so excited...I'm climbing up and out of the grave yard girls! Thanks for your prayers, love and concern!!! You are True Blue Porchies.

To think that just this morning I was just contemplating the possibility of moving and by late afternoon we already had a place. It is just amazing! It isn't my dream house but I can make any house a home! I am just spinning with joy and will probably find it hard to sleep tonight. My husband said that it is good I don't have more than a couple of boxes because he would come home and find the apartment totally packed up and we haven't even told the landlords that we are breaking our lease...yet. We are paid through the end of this month. I know God will work out the rest of the details ...so, I am not even going to worry about it. He is the same God that got us a house in one afternoon....right?

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 14 2011 12:14:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  04:09:30 AM  Show Profile
Hurray Peggy - I'm so hapyy for you! BIG HUGS GIRL!!!!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  05:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Luanne!!!! Love those Hugs!! You are up before the chickens too aren't you? I can't sleep. I have been packing boxes in
my sleep half the night...so, I guess I might as well get up and get this show on the road!!! I think I will take DH into work
and then I will swing by and get some boxes and come back and start in.

Bunny...did you save a picture of the Christmas trees all together??? I would love to see it if you did. That would soooo make a
Gorgeous Quilt!!!!! You must do one! I can see it in my minds eye! And you know what...what a Special Keepsake that would make
for one of your boys. No, you would have to make them each one...or they would think mom was playing "favorites". If your boys are
anything like mine they already each believe that they are my favorite. That's a good thing!

OK...I have two boxes on hand...so I plan to have those packed before hubby gets up for work. More later My Porchies!

Hugs and smiles...I am coming up and out of the Valley of Dry Bones,

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  06:13:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peg -

Actually, I'm on the east coast, so it's later out here - I get to work at 7:00 a.m. our time. Good luck with all the packing - wish I could be there to help!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  06:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I am so excited for you new home. You are right God does move in amazing ways. Praying this transition is joyful, and smooth.
Hugs.

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  06:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my sweet Peggy, I am so excited...I was reading your post and got chill bumps and tears....so happy for you....God is so good, things work out....I am amazed how fast it has. Now be sure you get your new address out to all of us.....(whispering, shhhh cause someone has a birthday coming up)

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  06:36:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, that's awesome news! So happy for you! Enjoy your new space!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  07:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy

Let me add my congrats on the new houes. God is trully awesome. I know this will change your out look. Can't wait to hear more about it

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  08:17:29 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - I'm so excited for you! I agree, we can make anyplace a home if we put our minds to it. Don't overdo though, I'd hate for you to have a flare and you end up bedridden.

Bunny - We're looking in the Fargo area (east side of the state). We looked at the west side but decided that wasn't for us. The rents and prices are outrageous if you can find anything but the pay is high enough that people can afford it. They're so desperate for workers on the west side they're paying Taco Bell workers $15/hr. The biggest problem is there isn't enough housing for the number of people that work in the oil fields. I'm told it's getting better but there's still a huge problem with it. A lot of people buy motor homes or rvs and live in them while they're in the field because they can't find anyplace to rent. They tell people not to move there unless you already have your housing secured.

You can get a 1 bedroom apartment in Fargo for $400+ that includes heat and some also have free internet. The 2 bedrooms we were looking at were in the $700 range. Houses in that area typically are rented to college students so they charge a lot more for them, house rentals start at $1000. After checking with a couple apartment complexes we won't be able to get an apartment because they'll only allow one animal. We're looking at mobile homes at the moment which might actually work out better for us since we have 4 critters of the furry variety. I've got my eye on a trailer with land that's listed for $66,900. Housing prices are sort of all over the place there. You've got the ultra modern macmansions in the $400,000 range yet you can find a nice ranch in town for $60,000 range. There was a 4 bedroom farmhouse that I had my eye on but it sold with 10 acres that was listed for $160,000.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  10:12:42 AM  Show Profile
WOW Peggy, I don't know why I'm surprised, God works in miraculous ways but just WOW! I'm excited and happy for you. I pray this move gives you some peace and joy. And tell your husband he's a true Mensch to look after you the way he is!

Dianne, I know Weiser!!! I love Weiser. I used to live just outside of New Plymouth. Welcome to the Porch.

Bunny, I'd like to see the Christmas Trees all together too. And I vote that you make a quilt like that too!!!

Julie, I guess we'll find out today how much musical talent we have! I go in for the first lesson/introduction for the kids today. I'm very excited about it. I know Jackson has an ear for music because when he was two years old Matt was listening to and singing with a CD of a men's choir he was in and Jackson was harmonizing! I couldn't believe it! He couldn't even talk well and here he was harmonizing. Nikole loves to sing and dance to music but I don't know yet whether or not she has any real talent. Music runs in our families. On my side my grandmother plays over 10 instruments all by ear and she could sing like a professional. On Matt's side his grandmother has a concert grand piano AND an actual pipe organ in her house. She has more classical music LPs than any library in the world probably has. So different kind of music talent but musical on both sides.

My almost 4yr old said the cutest thing the other day. We were at the table and she requested a glass of water. I wasn't quick enough about getting it for her so in this incredibly dramatic voice she says, "Momma, I need my water Noooooow or I will DIE!" I about rolled off my chair laughing. What a drama queen.

Had a huge compliment last night. A friend of ours came over for supper. My kids adore him, he's their Mr. Gary. Before supper he was drawing pictures and listening to their chatter and after supper we were all sitting in the living room and he said that he loved the atmosphere of our home. He's made comments before about how he loves the way we are raising our children on a farm with animals and chores etc. It made my heart swell with joy that someone would love the atmosphere of our home. :) The adoration between our kids and him is mutual. I asked him if he had plans for Nov 5th and he did but when I mentioned that it would be Nikole's 4th BDay party he quickly said he could make time for that!!!

Tammy, house hunting is fun and frustrating. I hope you find your dream place at a price you can afford.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page