Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  4:20:55 PM  Show Profile
What a glorious day! We went on an exploration today and drove the back roads between Pine Knob and Rough River here in KY and guess what? I saw an eagle! I had heard that our area of the state had some but I've never seen one that wasn't stuffed or in a zoo before. I saw the bird coming from a stand of trees off in the distance and thought it was the biggest hawk I'd ever seen...then it flew over our truck and I couldn't believe my eyes! It was the most magnificant creature in flight...an eagle. Tears ran down my cheeks as I marveled at it's beauty - strong and agile. Thank you God for this experience and this beautiful Fall day.

How I'd love to fly out to meet all of you ladies. What a treat it would be but if we do, let's make sure there is a Hobby Lobby or a Hancocks in the area! I'm a fabric junky, too. Paducah would be a great choice since the whole city is filled with quilt shops but it's not centrally located for you ladies on the West coast.

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  07:51:35 AM  Show Profile
Peg, will rest later. Gotta move now.

Got the ceiling in and looks soooooo much better than bare studs and OSB. I gave the pine paneling a light white wash so the grain still showed through. Now the problem is that I do not have an entrance light into the bathroom. I keep look and looking at the present set up. Not wonderful. I cannot enclose the joint where the power goes upstairs to my sewing room. I could put it into a box and maybe put a pull chain light fixture. But my little mind is thinking on putting a whole new line into that area. That way I could even have a light switch. Hummm! I have not done this before but I do have a book and I did watch DH do this stuff. Got to think on this a bit more. Wonder if anyone I know can do electrical work so I can pick a brain....I will have to talk to my son and see who he knows otherwise I may try this myself. There's no sheet rock on the walls so I have access to everything. Now is the time before I enclose those walls.

It is going to be lovely here today but cool. Frosted last night and my walkway has a sheet of ice on it. Snow is right around the corner.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
i really missed being here
but its been so busy
canning the end of the season
and knitting for the homeless
and working and cleaning house
i love doing a fall cleanup
and than decorate for the autumn months
exhausting but so worth it
plus i bitswaps than i should have
but its so fun..loving it and creative..
prayers for all my MJF sisters

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  5:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, congrats on moving somewhere that feels like home! I'm excited and happy for you.

Well, I got stung again. It's official: I am on the warpath. All wasps and hornets will now die with no mercy shown. My daughter and I have both been stung twice and I think one of my Nubians got stung on the lip too. She's fine now. Enough is enough and I am on a mission to kill wasps. But I think I'll wait until the swelling goes down in my hand. Have you ever tried to milk with a swollen hand? It's not especially easy.

Did my turn of Children's Church today. Does it make me a bad person if I admit that I don't enjoy teaching it? I prefer to serve in the background. Help in the kitchen, work in the office, clean, get a list and do the shopping for it etc. I LOVE teaching my own children, absolutely love it. But I don't enjoy teaching other children. It's not a matter of not liking other children, because I do I just don't want to teach them. But I managed to make it through another Sunday. I've been put in charge of the 5th Sunday too. Which means I'll be leading the kidlets in singing for the congregation and I'll have a small child segment (read a story etc). But I must admit that it is nice hearing and seeing the children get involved and having them talk about what we learned and it seems like they are getting it. Used my flannelgraph for the first time. Weird I may be but it was so neat to use it. Also I'm a firm believer in discipline and there are a couple of very rowdy, ill behaved boys in the class (brothers) who I always seem to have to come down on. One had to sit in the corner for a bit because he thought it was okay to spit food at his brother during snack time. Then he decided that goofing off and talking in the corner was okay. I informed him the more noise he made the longer he sat there. He suddenly got very quiet. Then I asked him to come to me and we had a little talk about what is okay and what is not okay. He then had to apologize to his brother and to me for disrupting my class. I hate disciplining someone else's child but seeing as how it was a class situation and I was the teacher..... not much choice.

Hope you all had a blessed weekend.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  6:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Love the pic of the tables ladies.

Kim - No dear! It doesn't make you a bad person to not enjoy teaching childrens church. It can be a difficult class to teach. Oh! By the way I actually purchased a goat from your end of the country once. Several years ago I purchased a buck from Longmans in Oregon. The only reason my DH agreed was it was a combination birthday and anniversary gift.

I am one tired chic tongiht busy weekend. See you one the porch with my coffee in the morning.
Sleep tight all.

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  08:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
How was everyone's weekend? Did you do anything exciting? I am recovering from getting sick (from the airplane) but did manage to go to a friend's harvest party. They had a chili cook-off and a pie contest. I didn't enter either, but I wished I had-great prizes!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  08:53:48 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I do understand. I do not have the patience for children's church any more. I especially do not have sufficient patience to deal with parents.

Good weekend. Had a nice birthday dinner at DD and SIL's for my ex's widow, Karrey. She broke an ankle and was sooooo tired of being stuck in the house. It was relaxing after working on the house all day.

Church was good. Great message.

Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  08:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Darlen Pam...good to see you on the Porch Sweetie. Sorry, that you got sick on the Airplane. Not
fun!! The Harvest Party Sounds like fun though.

My yougnest son and his fiance' took me out for lunch on Saturday. Then I went to Costco with them. He was purchasing a home computer for his boss. Man we had fun looking at all the Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff!!! It's all out in the Stores right now. It's like...Pick a Holiday, any Holiday and you can shop for them all. Shane bought me a really cool electronic wine-opener (for my occassional bottle of wine lol), and he got one too, then his boss wanted us to get her one too. They were only $20. Then he bought me a light weight burgandy bed throw...soft and plush. I told him no, and to spend his money on himself (he spoils me too much)and he said, "Well, just count them as early birthday gifts." I gave him that Mother "eye-ball" look and he said, "Seriously, this is a monumental birthday this year." I started laughing right in the middle of Costco. I said, "Gee, thanks for reminding me! And half of Vancouver!" lol Then I asked him if he was planning to buy me 60 gifts to celebrate my 60th birthday...and he said, "Maybe!" He is always telling me that when they were growing up...that I spent all my money on them, even my own birthday and Christmas $." Which is true but I did it out of choice. I had more fun buying stuff for my kids than for myself. That's just how it was. So, now if DH or DS's give me a Gift Card or $ for a Special Occassion...they make me "pinkie swear" that I will spend it on myself. Too Funny!

Well, hubby went off to work and I have a million things to get done today...but don't feel like doing any of them. I'd rather chat with My Porchies.

I had another weird night of sleeping. I went to bed at 9:00 (never do that unless I am sick) but it was more Fibro. Fatigue, then I woke up at 3:30 and then again at 8:30 (and I have stayed up). But do you ever get those times when you wake up off and on all night long and your heart just feels overflowing with blessings???? That is how I have been 3 times this week. All I can do is just pour out my thanks to God and roll back over and try to get some more sleep. It is just such an awesome feeling though...to just have your heart not be able to contain all the love, joy and blessings that God is pouring into your life. You have to Praise Him...because He is the source!

OK...off to cut out some heart yo-yo's and do my mail art also. Got to at least get those things done today.

In Joyful Abundance,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 10 2011 09:16:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:03:52 AM  Show Profile
Penny - I have two border collies and two long haired cats - they all shed horribly so it's accumulative. Lacey has long super dense fur and is the worse of the dogs and df's cat, Luna (aka Loony) has this long, baby fine fur that sheds really bad. The crazy thing is I do get the dogs groomed every couple months and we comb/brush out the cats every couple weeks but apparently they all need to be done much more frequently. They're also on premium food so it's not poor quality food causing it. The groomer noted after I switched the dogs from the salmon based to the bison based that the dogs coats really thickened up too so that's not helping but their coats are absolutely beautiful, silky and shiny. I think I'm going to have to go back to once a month baths and blow drys for them to get it back under control.

The weekend was not what we planned. Df wretched his back while mowing the grass Saturday so he didn't get anything else done he'd planned. I've got to set him up an appt with the chiropractor. I suggested he lay down for an hour and he slept three hours. Unfortunately he had his keys in his pockets while sleeping so I couldn't move his truck to get out to do anything. Since I couldn't do anything while he was sleeping I managed to finish up the mystery novel I was reading. Has anybody the Orchard Mystery series by Sheila Connolly? Basically about a city girl that inherits an apple orchard and decides to leave the city and work the orchard. I've been on a mystery reading spree lately. Another favorite mystery series is the Domestic Diva series by Krista Davis. I was able to dry some oregano in our new dehydrator Saturday and got some of the garden cleaned out. We did go to the orchard Sunday with one of his sisters and picked apples. That was enjoyable. The weekend wasn't as productive as I'd hoped but it wasn't a flop either.

Well it's almost lunch and I've got to get moving. I've done enough loafing on my day off work. I'm thinking maybe working on the garden and getting some more of that cleaned out sounds good so I can enjoy some of this beautiful weather. Have a great day everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porch ladies. Finally got some sewing done this weekend. I have a craft fair next month and I'm starting to stress. I'm in the process of making about 20 of my little pincushions. I have to finish up today. It was nice to take a break from school work. But I spent all day Sunday doing school work again. I'm so afraid I'll get behind.
I applied for part time work at a local grocery store. I hope I at least get a call for an interview. I had to take a personality test. Not sure how that is going to go. I never seem to get past them. Questions like "I like to work slow and steady".. strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree. I would think that would be a good thing right. I have no idea. No I don't like things to be fast and chaotic but I can work that way if I have to. We will see. I really need a part time job to stay in school after December though. Bit worried about that.

Cherime I know what you mean about driving trucks in the snow. I use to put these two big heavy tree stumps in the bed of my truck every winter. They helped a bunch. Thankfully my diesel is heavy enough to get around in. I don't have much trouble in winter.

Pam, I'm so sorry about you being sick. What a bummer. I'm not big into flying. I just shut down mentally until I'm off the plane. I don't get motion sickness anymore thankfully.

Tammy, I had a Dalmatian for years. I think they are fur factories. I could brush him all day and never stop. Plus the hair was tiny and short. You couldn't get it out of anything. I miss him, but not the shedding.

Kim, funny I feel the same way about teaching kids. I taught Sunday school for a friend and never wanted to do it again. I had a little girl spill her juice. While I was going to find something to clean it up with, I turned around and a little boy at the table looked me right in the eye and purposely spilled his juice too. Little kids can be so rotten. I had to walk outside and get a grip. But it cured me of teaching little kids. I actually enjoyed teaching my summer sewing camp this year. But did have a few issues and of course handled them wrong and got into trouble with parents.

Are you Texas ladies finally getting some rain? It sure is raining here. I love it. But my kitties come barreling through the kitty door onto my bed and I have muddy paw prints on my clean white sheets.

I should have the ornaments in the mail today..

Time to head to the basement. Later everyone. Stay warm and safe!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  11:30:12 AM  Show Profile
Today is Thanksgiving in my homeland; Canada. I know you all don't celebrate it until next month but I thought I might get us thinking. What are we thankful for? What should we be thankful for? How blessed are we really?

I feel tremendously blessed and so thankful for my bounty. My husband has a good job during a time when so many don't. We have a warm and comfortable home filled to briming with food and we can afford to buy what we don't have. My children are healthy and happy little ones who have ALL their needs met and have so much they don't actually need. Although I worry about the future, at the moment I still live in a country with more freedoms than most. I can't think of a single thing that I NEED and don't have. I may have a lot of wants but none of them are truly necessities.

I read somewhere recently somebody saying that America would self destruct if the entire nation was wealthy. I dare to say that every last one of us no matter how dismal our situation would be considered wealthy by about 90% of the world's population. Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for myself because I can't afford something and then I think of the children in Haiti eating cookies made of dirt because they had NO food. I think of people in Africa surrounded by violence and famine. I think of those that this new world economy has left homeless, hungry and scared and I feel a deep shame for ever complaining. I am so blessed. There's a song, "Count your blessings, name them one by one." I think I need to do this more often, it might just change my attitude for the better.

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  4:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello everone! Longtime no chat. It is ROUGH not having a real internet. No tv is doable but we are breaking down and getting a wireless internet, just relying on our phones is not easy. Anywhoo, just wanted all the ladies to know how much i have loved the ornaments and teas that i have received the last few months and I'll be getting mine out hopefully this week. Ill try to start catching up with everyone when our internet is back up and running :-)

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  4:30:05 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Dana...hope we will get to see you on here a lot more once you get your wireless internet.

Will be looking forward to receiving your goodies too.

:+) Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  7:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Dana...Hiiiii....wonderd where you were and if you were ok!
DH had to take me to Statcare yesterdy morning. I've been feeling tired and my right side of my head and especially my ear has been hurting like crazy. I told the Doc, even my hair hurts on that side. Oh...and I had blisters under my tongue on that side. Guess what she said? SHINGLES!!!! Nooooooo!!! *tears in eyes* So she's treating me for that! The pain is awful.... weird stabs of pain in the ear and head.I said, now I know how babies feel like when they have earaches and can't say anything, just pull on their ears. Has anybody else ever experienced the shingles virus?All I can do is take my Valtrex and Ibuprofen.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 10 2011 7:28:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  07:51:13 AM  Show Profile
OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS

My Dear Porchies...it just dawned on me, that with Darlene being
absent for awhile with all her breast cancer treatments etc...
that Miss Megan was suppose to take over the Birthday List for
The Porch...but our Megan has been MIA for awhile herself...so
I am going to take it upon myself to do the list for us each Month
until Darlene is well enough to take it back over. We have already
missed Luanne's Birthday (sorry, dear sister) but hopefully she
won't mind a belated Card and Well Wishes.

Luanne Bailey Oct 9th
PO Box 110
Cresco, PA 18326

Peggy Smith Oct 25th
520 NW 12th Ave. A-103
Battle Ground, WA 98604

I will post next months the first week in November!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  08:54:35 AM  Show Profile
Peg it is just so nice to have a place where one can come to be with others of like spirits that I really do not care if anyone forgets my B day or not. Blessings ladies and yes I do wake up at night and thank God for all the wonder things he has done for me and through me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  08:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Ms. Peggy! We need to get together for a birthday shopping trip!

We have our house decorated for Halloween. I didn't put up a lot of decorations outside because a few weeks ago someone came up on our porch and stole a package. I don't want to risk that with my decorations so I just decorated the inside. Halloween starts my celebration season and it doesn't stop till Easter. Whew! No wonder I'm lazy during summer. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  10:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Luanne, I just found out it was your birthday on the 9th, I am so sorry I missed it....HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY....HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY......HAPPY BIRTHDAY....HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY......HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....Hope it was a great day...
quote:
Originally posted by pegsmiles

OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS

My Dear Porchies...it just dawned on me, that with Darlene being
absent for awhile with all her breast cancer treatments etc...
that Miss Megan was suppose to take over the Birthday List for
The Porch...but our Megan has been MIA for awhile herself...so
I am going to take it upon myself to do the list for us each Month
until Darlene is well enough to take it back over. We have already
missed Luanne's Birthday (sorry, dear sister) but hopefully she
won't mind a belated Card and Well Wishes.

Luanne Bailey Oct 9th
PO Box 110
Cresco, PA 18326

Peggy Smith Oct 25th
520 NW 12th Ave. A-103
Battle Ground, WA 98604

I will post next months the first week in November!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  2:21:26 PM  Show Profile
Luanne....
(clearing throat to sing)
Happy Birthday to Youuuu
Happy Birthday to Youuuuu
Happy Birthday Dear FarmGirlllll
Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...sent you out a belated card and a little tiny something...just so you know that you are not
forgotten EVER! As we age though...we do need reminders!!! This year I would gladly forget my birthday.
I don't deal well with those decade numbers that end in "0". lol

Pam...we do need to work a get together out!!!! I am kind of depressed the last few days...so let's wait until I feel "sunshiny" again. Though I am sure if anyone could cheer my heart it would be you darlen girl!

I think I have figured out what is wrong with me...but I just feel "Stuck" and I hate feeling stuck, don't you????

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  8:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday October Farmgirls!!!

Don't forget it Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My oldest son and his football teammates will be wearing pink socks for this Saturday's game. Since I'm a cheerleading coach I think that I will go get some pink ribbon to put in the girls' hair. The team and my girls got their pictures taken tonight. Everybody looked so cute.

Be praying for me. My church's bazaar is on October 22nd and I still have quite a bit to do to have all my goodies ready to sell that day. It's hard to make Christmas wreaths during the summer when you can't find the right stuff to make it with. Thank goodness for retail to be getting some of their Christmas stuff out early. I'm making ornaments too. Whew!

Well, it's time for bed..Have to be getting up early to get the kiddos up for school. Goodnight porchies and see you tomorrow.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  8:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, I got my couch! It took a bit to get it here; first off, she wasn't home when she said she would be, so we ended up having to go back up to her place (a good 40 min drive) to get it, then drove back to my place (which, from her place, would be almost 3 hours). Got my old loveseat & chair out, got the couch off the truck & into the porch. Then we were stuck! Thankfully there were some younger guys downstairs, so we got them to bring it upstairs. It only took them about 10 minutes, whereas it took Mom & I probably 15 to get it off the truck & into the porch lol. It looks so nice :).

Got home later last night, so now I'm behind on everything :s. My living room is still a mess, I still have things to put away from the weekend/bring up from the car & unpack. Tonight I missed my Ebenezer meeting :( b/c we had a Kinette/Kinsmen bbq. I really wanted to go to my Ebenezer group too! I miss the ladies from it. Tomorrow I have ceramics & Thursday I'm going on a hunt for some beeswax to try to make my own lip balm & hand salve. So Friday will be my day to clean apparently. Possibly Saturday. And I should really do laundry before the end of the week too, but we'll see.

Goodness, it's almost 11 already. Guess I should go to bed before it's too late & I'm up way too late :s. Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  9:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening ladies. I've been popping in and reading but hadn't had time to write everything I wanted till now.

Kim- I think I might hate having to teach Sunday school. Our church doesn't have it. The kids are expected to sit in church and do Bible study at home. The other night they talked to the kids about running around. Instead of telling the kids to not run they said to be sure and tell if they see any adults running inside because it's dangerous, etc. They thought it was funny. I am also truly thankful for the things I have. My house is 1300 sq ft but it's honestly more than I need. We have land that I don't have enough time to develop. I have more clothes than I need. I have to throw out food because we often have too much. I think about this often, usually every night in prayer.

Peggy- Your shopping trip with your son sounds like a blast. I emailed Meghan when she said she was taking over the list but you probably don't have the date. My wedding anniversary is December 11th. That's the only one I celebrate.

RFM Tammy- I love reading murder mysteries. I usually pick short corny ones, but I love them.

Bunny- We have gotten rain 3 times this past week. DH had just planted the garden and now we have stuff sprouting like crazy. Praying that it stays cool enough.

Judy- I'm so sorry you're suffering from shingles. I hope you are able to get rid of it soon.

I've been really busy working on sock monkey hats. DH says I have about 15 orders from his work for various animal hats. Tomorrow I'm going to go help another vendor/friend set up her business facebook page and some other networking sites. I posted a pic of the hat in Stitching & Crafting but here's another one.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  10:14:07 PM  Show Profile
FarmDream, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hats. So cute. My kids would call it Curious George.

Pam, so glad you got your couch even if it was a little inconvienent. I remember how excited I was when we got our old lazy boy recliner. We gave it away when we moved but while we had it, it was well loved and well used. :)

Yup, I'm excited again. :) I may have music lessons lined up for my children. Best part..... BLUEGRASS!!!! My son informed me that he wants to play guitar and my daughter insisted she play violin. She wonders around the house with two sticks playing her violin now. The other great part about it is that a bunch of families meet at one house and the teacher goes there. Then all the kids play together and the moms visit as everyone takes their turn. So music lessons doubles as play time. How perfect is that? I might even take up my fiddle again. I was taking lessons and then I got pregnant and well life got a little more hectic so I had to quit learning but maybe now I could try again?? Wouldn't it be to awesome if we could play as a family? I play with guitar, fiddle, piano, flute (note I said play with not PLAY). My husband plays piano, bass guitar and trumpet. We also have a gorgeous accordian in the house should anyone wish to learn it. We haven't even had the first lesson and I'm envisioning my daughter and I playing fiddles, Jackson on the guitar and my husband on the bass and we're all singing. *sigh* That would truly be an all time dream of mine. Plus the lady also teaches my second favorite instrument, mandolin. Oh PLEASE let one of my children be interested in learning mandolin at some point. PLEASE. When I spoke with the music teacher I liked the sound of how she teaches. She does teach theory but she teaches the children to play by ear. YES!!! My grandmother plays over 10 instruments all by ear. She's one of those annoying people who are far to talented in far to many ways!! :)

AWANAs starts tomorrow night. I'm so looking forward to it. I hope my children love it. It's such a wonderful opportunity for them to learn and have fun with other children.

Nighty night all,

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  10:29:11 PM  Show Profile
Judy, so sorry you are hurting! Shingles sound terrible. I hope you get well soon.

Julie, love the hat! I'm a beginning knitter. Still learning to follow directions without messing up and having to tear everything out again.

I finally had a good painting class. I just stopped listening to the teacher and did my own thing. Funny thing was he loved what I did. I was pretty happy with it too. I am finally getting some tips from him, but I have to go find him and wrench it out of him.
I did tick my accounting teacher off pretty good today though. I was asking a question about accounting software before class and he wasn't hearing what I was saying. He just keep telling me he understood and didn't want to discuss it anymore. I blurted out that he didn't understand. I was trying to get a job someday and I wasn't going to be learning something that was industry standard. He thought I didn't want to learn the old fashioned way. As usual a man not listening. Anyway, I'm getting good grades so I don't care what he thinks of me.

Still trying to get the ornaments in the mail. Monday was a holiday and my mom promised to do it today while I was in class... didn't happen. She said she would do it tomorrow. I'll give her until noon then I'll do it myself. I have so much homework tomorrow I'm trying to get it all done without leaving the house. We will see.

Off to bed... Later Porchies

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page