Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  5:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Those are some giant potatoes Kim! Reminds me of the time we were at a new restaurant with my brother, his (then) girlfriend (who is now his wife), her brother & our family. We had ordered these baked potatoes, and they were the biggest potatoes we had ever seen! So the brother says that they give the potatoes steroids to make them grow that much - and my sister believed him! It took her a long time to finally realize that they don't do that lol.

Penny - I hope you're feeling better & you get to visit your son before he leaves.

I was all over the place today, which is good. I kind of like being all over the place. Keeps you from getting frustrated with the kids who don't listen or are 'deaf'. I started out on the pre-school floor, went into the orange room (4 year olds), came back from lunch, went outside for about 1/2 an hour or so, then came in to go to the baby room. At 5, I went back outside with the preschoolers - they all mix together at the end of the day.

I am trying to decide what I want for supper & as much as I don't want to do it, I think it might be KD. I try not to buy it, but it was $1/box....so I bought some. And it's kind of cool out, as well as in my apartment so I think something warm might be a good idea!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  12:00:37 AM  Show Profile
Holey Moley Kim those are HUGE TATORS! They seriously look like they have been genetically altered!
Those are crazy BIG!!! Hubby should get the Humungo Tator of The Year Award!!! Did you enter any of them in your Local Fair???? They Look Like Winners To Me!

Penny...feel better girl! My son, who is driving us to Spokane for the Funeral Friday said he felt like he was coming down with a bad cold too...so he is doctoring up...because we have to go! Drink some of that nice spicey tea (original good Earth, one of my all time favorites) with a bit of lemon. It will make you feel pampered anyway! And try Judies...Nyquil, Dayquil (What we always call "The Christian Cocktail" lol)
Just do what ever it takes to go kiss and hug that boy one more time before he leaves!! Or you'll be kicken yourself if you can't go.

Cherime...wise advice on the eating...thanks! I didn't know you had cancer...hope you are doing exceptionally well. I bet you could relate to what Darlene is going through right now. I hate that "C" Word.

Well, I got a lot of work done today but now I need to get to bed after I take the two dogs out and read
for a few minutes.

Day Two on my NO Wheat Life...Excellant! No Cravings and No Withdrawels and not one bit cranky!

Sleep Tight My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  06:13:38 AM  Show Profile
Had Cancer is the operative word here and I am praying that for Darlene as well. I hate that word as well.
Hey Kim, those would surely take ribbon at the fair.
Take care Penny.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  12:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey all, I'm back a couple of pages trying to catch up with you all.

Hey Sue! - I'm down country from you in Newville.
So exited to hear about your upcoming adventure. Perry county is beautiful and seems miles away from anywhere. Lucky you. Praying the house is all that you dream it could be.
I love that more PA girls are coming to the forums - we need to organize a meet.
Darlene, Luanne, anybody else we can think of that's within a few hours.

Sorry, got excited to see a close FG sister and had to give a shout out. I'm going back to where I was and see what y'all have been up to. Having a crazy week and need some porch time...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  4:51:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies~
I've been working, working, working. I read all the back pages -wow a lot is going on here! I am really enjoying my class but I have to say I am so glad that it is Friday tomorrow. When 3:00 rolls around I may dance to my car! I hope everyone has a peaceful evening - you are all in my thoughts!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  1:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Penny - Hope you are feeling better now.

Elaine - Hope you are settling in well with the new school year.

Pam - NO way I could do your job. I tip my hat to you ma'am.

They are rather impressive looking spuds, huh? That field was doing 34 ton when they hit the good stuff. The entire field averaged 36 ton so that means the good stuff had to be doing 38 ton. *Beaming with pride* My husband is just that good!!!

A couple of ladies from my Heritage Home Arts group came out to glean yesterday. We sent them home with yellow, orange and purple carrots and of course potatoes. I also shared some of the garlic that I gleaned earlier. Those purple carrots are the coolest thing. But you look a little frightening after you eat them. Lets just say there's a reason they use them for dye!!

Just ground my sprouted organic grain and baked with it. I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 kamut. It turned out well. I've got two loaves of bred, some zucchini muffins, cookies and tortillas. Very yummy. Now I need to sprout some more and do it all over again. My daughter wants donuts! There's a never ending request list. :) And I promised some roll kuchen with our watermelon.

I'm hoping to glean some carrots this weekend and do my freezing and pickling.

Made my goose jerky and it turned out really well. I made a non spicy teriyaki version this time. The kids don't like spicy. So yummy. Hubby took some to work with him to share and get critiqued. Everyone thought it was good. So now I'm going to try another version. Maybe some pepper type for those like the husband who prefer spicy stuff. Got the meat thawing now so I'll cut it up and marinate it tonight so that tomorrow night it will be ready to dehydrate.

What are you all up to???

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  3:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. I will have to read back and catch up when I can. The last few days have been a whirlwind.

I have been on steroids for the nose thing. I finished those but they still made me feel crazy and discombobulated. Sort of like everyone else was going along in their normal way but I couldn't keep my head on straight or understand what they were saying. I'm feeling better now and DH says it's just the medicine wearing off.

In the middle of this I get a call from my oldest DD18 that she's in town and wants to meet. We met for dinner where she tells me what everyone else is up to, all the gossip. That's when she mentions that DS20 had his baby. What?! What baby? What are you talking about?. So apparently he's had a girlfriend and what not and now has a baby. The last time I talked to him we parted on good terms so I don't know what to make of it. DH says that he is surrounded by my ex's family which no doubt "sing" my praises and good qualities (not). And he may have felt I would have disapproved and screamed and yelled. So now I am a 41 year old grandma with a grandson I've never laid eyes on. I told DH that I will send a gift with a card saying I'd like to meet him and congratulations.

I'm upset too that this is how I had to find out. Was he ever going to tell me? I guess for the sake of peace I will just have to suck it up. Sometimes I think I'm absolutely terrible at all this family stuff.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey there all you congregatin' on the Porch. I've been over on the Feisty Farmer Females "Over 50" and have just not had time to do both. My posts are way too long sometimes - but I just can't help it. Then I worry about repeatin' myself. But it looks like it's okay to double up now and again - so I'll be around a bit more frequently (throwing in disclaimers for what I'm repeating ... if I think of it.) See, I said I ramble.

Haven't got time to really dig in and read back to when I was on last - so I'm just going to dive in.

Julie - whatawoman! Red hair - Retro curls - I'm just betting you are stirring up some conversations --- "oooo - lookit that gorgeous, glamorous goddess!" I'm guessing you are turning heads!

Kimberley - those taters are h-u-g-e. Now there's a pot of potato soup!

Geege - fantastic about the house and property. We'll all be waiting to share the "journey" with you.

Okay, I'm on board with those who are short and rubenesque. Notice that I am comparing us to works of art. I'm 5'4" and lucky I have small bones 'cause I'm lousy about keeping on any diet that would benefit me. Doctor said I am a long way from obese ... and that if I really was serious about peeling off some mid-section pounds that I would get out and exercise. Cruel. Whining. I just want a miracle.

Tammy - North Dakota can get a bad rap because of the winters - but it's really a very nice place. (Been there, even lived in Fargo for a short time.) And the people are good, solid neighborly folks. I hope you get a wonderful reception there and that it gives you the best of everything. (And, aren't "pre-existing conditions" a thing of the past? I'm not sure - but it's worth looking into.)

Hope I catch up with y'all one of these days.

Trying to be considerate of all on weight-loss/heathy food -- I am leaving air-popped unsalted, unbuttered popcorn and diet root beer on the Porch. (Okay - don't push - there's enough for everybody ;-)).

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2011 :  4:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick update. My son just called made it to Michigan safely. We had a good visit last night...happy to have been able to see him. Thanks to everyone for the "hope I feel betters" I am feeling some better. I will try to get back to responding to everyone's post tomorrow...little sad today and still little sick so just going to read everyone's posts tonight.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  04:40:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm up way too early for a Saturday morning, for my liking! Going to "the city" today - not that I need much of anything, but it will get me out of the apartment for awhile. After that, I think I'm going to my cousin's & then we're going to the drive-in to see Smurfs tonight :). Hopefully it doesn't rain out - or worse! It's been rather cool this week - I've had to wear my winter jacket twice (probably should have been more, but I'm stubborn! lol), and I've been wearing mitts for most of the week as well. The poor kids didn't all have mitts, so we were putting socks on their hands - they thought it was pretty cool & so kept them on (which is a good thing!). I turned the heat on last night :s. And it's not even warm enough to open the windows during the day. Have a good day all!

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  07:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Pam, sounds familiar! We always had snow by October 31st, usually a lot sooner but always by then. My mom was telling me how she's had frost but no killing frost yet. Here we are cooling off definately but nothing cold yet. Hope you have a great day with your cousin.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  07:25:28 AM  Show Profile
It is 38 degrees this am. I had to crank the heat up to 60 as I had left it off and had almost all the animals in bed so I knew it was colder than it had been. My helper was sick yesterday so no to finishing the wall. My son said one way or another it would get done today. It need to or nothing will happen until spring. Its getting to be that time of year here as well Pam. Need to get to the lumber yard. Later all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile
Note: You can alwys tell that there's a Mommy in the house....when they measure their taters with a crayon....AND....the other Mommies "Get It!" lol
Good to see ya'll on this bright, crisp Saturday morning. You are all so busy and working so hard...i hope ya'll do SOMETHING FUN this weekend!
I had some good pinto beans, cornbread & buttermilk at Mama's yesterday. Brought some home for lunch today. Since I loitered yesterday I have basil to put up, peppers to pick, an laundry to do today! I'm to the point of handing out all the rest of these mild-hot peppers. We've had our fill of 'em! The people at "The Towers" apartments, in the city where my Mama lives, love fresh produce. There's a farmers mkt just down the street there, but it was over at the end of August.
We've been having 40's at night this past week. Sure glad for my mattress pad warmer. Not turning the furnace on just yet. We still have Indian Summer coming up. It's been 50's during the day, but today it's starting back up the scale with high 60's. I have a small heater that takes the chill off the mornings....plus a nice hot cuppa or two.
Gotta get busy.
Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  10:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Cooling off around here, too. In the low 50s last night. But we'll still be in 70s today. That's really nice. Feels like we are heading into fall. But, you might be right, Judy. Indian Summer. I remember having snow on my birthday (in Duluth, MN) when I was young. End of September. I think climate has shifted though since that hasn't been the case again in, well, forever.

We went out for Mexican food with son and grandson last night. I made Overnight Cinnamon Rolls last night and popped them in the oven this morning. Made the house smell good. Hubby found his way into the kitchen before nine. (Last night he had said he was going to stay in bed all day today.) Grandson wasn't far behind. Son hasn't made it down yet and it's 10:30.

Julie, I didn't see your last post when I posted last night. I can only imagine how it must be to get that kind of news from your daughter. What in the world was your son thinking? He must have just been trying to figure out a way to spring it on you gently. You are a sweetheart, and don't let anybody tell you different. A sassy sweetheart, maybe - but that's all the more part of your charm. My BFF and her DH came home from a vacation 5 years ago to find they had a new granddaughter. They were so surprised (and upset that they had heard nothing about it). Now, that little girl is the apple of their eye and she's a handful. Cute and independent. Things have a way of working out. I'm sending up a prayer that all will be well with your family and new grandchild.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  11:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry to hear this Julie, I know that must have been such a shock. I really don't know what to say to help you or make you feel better except...love ya and lot's of hugs...Hopefully everything will settle down and DS will come to his senses. Prayers going up for you, dear one...I'm here just as all the other Farmgirls are, if you need ANYTHING

quote:
Originally posted by FarmDream

I'm upset too that this is how I had to find out. Was he ever going to tell me? I guess for the sake of peace I will just have to suck it up. Sometimes I think I'm absolutely terrible at all this family stuff.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  11:49:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone. Not much happening in my world. The weather is cooling down here like every where else. I went to our local quilt show yesterday to demo a quilt design software program. Not many takers. Old ladies just don't get the technology. I didn't see anyone under 50 the whole day. In California, I would see ladies of all ages. I do have to say the drive was beautiful. Amazing how just 15 minutes down the road from where I live, is a different world. Suddenly there are towering mountains covered with green trees and moss. Every time I do the drive I chant to myself, "how can I live here". I still don't know about school. It starts next Monday and my financial aid hasn't come through yet. I sent an email to the financial office but have not heard anything yet. It seems to me it would be in their best interest to get me funded so they have one more student for the year. But that's just me.
I found out my old boss lady is still telling people she fired me. Thankfully I have some friends in the quilting community that let people know what really happened. My mom figured out that possibly why the tv station turned me down for a quilt show is because my old boss is advertising with them. They probably called her and she told them she fired me. I really hope her bad karma comes back around. Sad thing is this is a super hard core Christian TV station. Too bad they don't screen their advertisers. She talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk for sure.

I'm almost done with two quilt designs. Finally. I have one pattern all written out and half of the other one. I only have one more design to do for Accuquilt and then I'm done with my commitment. I really need to get back to my blog.

I do have all my Xmas ornaments done for our swap. My month is October so could you all make sure I have your current addresses?

December is my month for the tea swap so it would be nice to have those too pretty soon.

Kimberly, love the big potatoes. What a meal that would make!

Julie, sorry about your son. All you can do is extend the olive branch and see what happens.

Darlene, how you doing lady? Thinking of you!

Cherime, I would imagine getting ready for winter is a project in your home. Hope everything gets done in time. Just think of what it would have been like 100 years ago.

Well, back to sewing. Taking two days off is nice, but too much work still to do. Later everyone.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  2:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Back from "the city"....said I wasn't going to spend too much & still wound up buying ~$160 worth of stuff...some of it was groceries, I bought new, bigger sheets for my bed (that will hopefully stay on!), some fix-it furniture things for my loveseat (like these ones: http://www.marymaxim.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10003_50001_3074457345616974057_-1_3074457345616687780_3074457345616687781), a book for my sister for Christmas, and a bunch of Burt's Bees lip balm. I'm a lip balm freak - I always have like 5 of them on me at one time lol. Gotta have some in my purse, in every jacket, in my jeans, in the bedroom, in the living room/kitchen....everywhere & anywhere! And I'm really picky about it too! Waiting to hear from my cousin about tonight...not sure what she's going to decide - if she still wants to go or not. Now I'm off to tidy up & clean & do dishes...maybe I'll stay motivated to do everything today? lol Have a good Saturday all.

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  04:32:05 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, You are in my prayers as you take your chemotherapy and continue to recover.

Peggy, Thank you for your prayers. I, too, believe God was there when thousands of people helped save others (and continue to care for one another). I am sorry to hear of your MIL's death. Your family is in my prayers as well.

Love to all on The Porch. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  04:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Elaine, I read your post after I posted my prayers for those still suffering the effects of 9/11. Thinking of you...Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  07:32:43 AM  Show Profile
Since I don't live in "the cave" anymore, I don't have near as many spiders. Which is a good thing. On the other hand....since I'm not down there, I've forgotten how scared of them I am. I had one "floating" in my bathroom & had to figure out a way to either kill it or drown it. Leaving it there was not an option! lol He scurried away near the sink, so I took the bathtub plug & shooed him into the sink & drowned him. Then I put the plug on top of the drain so he wouldn't crawl back out.

I made lasagna spirals last night & they are pretty tasty, I do have to say. Going to freeze the majority of them so I can have a variety of food in my freezer lol. Later today (after church & I get home from babysitting my niece) I'm going to make some veggie burgers & freeze them as well. Maybe some Baked Butter Chicken. And we'll see how much I get done lol. I may try something in the slow cooker too, since they are easier - dump it in & leave it sit.

It's a nice day out - a bit breezy but it's good for drying clothes on the line. I'm doing laundry at my cousin's (free! Yay!!) and she has a clothes line....

One of my good (online) friends was in a car accident on Friday - her unborn baby is alright & she's alright physically...but she's not very good emotionally. If you think of it, please pray for her & her family...Thanks.

Bunny - I agree with you - I hope her bad karma comes back & bites her in the butt. She sure isn't being very christian-like, nor friendly.

Peggy - my thoughts are with you on the loss of your mother-in-law. It's always sad to lose someone....

Well, I'm off to have some breakfast and put stuff in my car to go to church then to my cousin's. Have a good Sunday all!

ETA: Might help if I had bread or milk in the fridge....another thing that I need to make apparently! (Or buy!)

Edited by - 22angel on Sep 18 2011 07:37:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  07:49:19 AM  Show Profile
http://special.app.com/article/20110917/NJNEWS/309170041/Van-crashes-into-St-Leo-the-Great-School-in-Middletown

Well ladies - when it rains it pours - thank God this happened on a Saturday. At 2:46 pm on a weekday we are dismissing children. Usually we say prayers at 2:45 and then dismiss. I can't believe how lucky we were. St. Leo the Great was truly watching over his school that day. We don't have school Monday. I don't know when we will be able to go back.Please keep us in your prayers.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  07:50:53 AM  Show Profile
http://special.app.com/article/20110917/NJNEWS/309170041/Van-crashes-into-St-Leo-the-Great-School-in-Middletown

Well ladies - when it rains it pours - thank God this happened on a Saturday. At 2:46 pm on a weekday we are dismissing children. Usually we say prayers at 2:45 and then dismiss. I can't believe how lucky we were. St. Leo the Great was truly watching over his school that day. We don't have school Monday. I don't know when we will be able to go back.Please keep us in your prayers.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  09:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning All, It is a cool day here in Georgia, but suppose to be back in the 90's by the end of the week

Darlene, I hope you are doing ok, I will keep you in my prayers.

Bunny, I'm sorry about the quilt show, it's terrible how evil some people can be. Karma will happen one day.

Pam, thanks for sharing the furniture fix thing. I have a friend that could use something like that. I think the lip balm thing is cute. I am kind of that way too, well not so much...lol... I don't like spider's either...I drown them in hot water when they get in my tub. I will keep your friend in my prayers so glad her and the baby are ok.

Elaine, oh my goodness, I am so glad that didn't happen during the school day. Prayers for you and the school...bless you.

I'm going to work on my ATC's some today. They need to get in the mail next week.

PS. Peggy hope you are doing ok. I know that this has been a stressful weekend for you. You are in my prayers.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  09:26:49 AM  Show Profile
Elaine, so glad that didn't happen during school. How scary it would have been for everyone.

Pam, soundslike you were a bizzy bee on Saturday. Have a wonderful time with your cuz. I have never had much of a relationship with my cousins. It's nice to have family to hang with.

I was a total slug yesterday. Other than cleaning the kitchen, I did pretty much nothing. Vegied on my computer with stumbleupon all day. The weather was gloomy and I think that had something to do with it. But today a little sunshine is peaking through. That should get me up and going soon.

Have a nice Sunday!

Bunny

Don't forget addresses to me for the ornament exchange.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  1:41:22 PM  Show Profile
Elaine - Thank God no children were hurt. That could have been a trajedy. Glad the couple in the vehicle weren't seriously hurt either.

Bunny - slug days are Scriptural. Six days one shall work and on the 7th REST. We all need rest and we all need to take it.

Pam - today is kill Black Widows day around here. I've been finding those wretched things everywhere lately. It's gotten to the point that I'm scared to milk my goat because the other night I counted five of them. So today my husband removes the spider problem. I've dispatched several but now I refuse to go into a bunch of places until he makes it safe again.

Any of you ladies ever made pickled potatoes before? My hubby has heard about them and wants me to make some. I can't find any recipes that don't have ingredients I've never heard of before (Indian Cuisine). If I can't find a good one I'll just wing it but I'd rather try something tried and true!

Taught Children's Church today. Whew! Glad that's done. I really don't enjoy doing it but hopefully the children enjoy it. I did a flannel graph for the Bible story and I asked the kids afterwards if they enjoyed the story done that way. They all emphatically said yes. So I guess kids haven't changed too much because I LOVED flannel graph. They said they would want me to use it again for the stories. So I plan to! I was doing Cain and Abel this week. My next turn at it is October 2nd and I'll be doing God called Abram. We take snacks for the kids. I took in a healthy snack. Fruits, veggies, cheese and jerky. They LOVED it! See, you don't need sugary treats to make kids happy. :)

Well my man took our son to farm with him (check fields) so it's just me and the princess. Think I'll go have a tea party.

Blessings,

Kimberly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page