Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  06:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning fellow porch swingers!

Yesterday was wonderful. We went to the fair and the kids enjoyed it immensely. We also stopped at a museum ( I swear I was born in the wrong time). This museum was some rich dudes house built in 1902. If you were to walk up to this house it just screamed my name. Seriously, if anyone that knows me saw this house I'd be the first person they thought of. The front verandah was simply gorgeous and they had swings on it. sigh Inside it was glorious. The wood work unbelievable. The furniture divine. We were allowed to view the upstairs and the attic. If I could I'd buy that house and move it out here!!!! While there my husband found something posted on the wall. It was a grade eight final exam. It said on there that it would take 5 hours to complete this exam. Seriously, that grade eight exam is something that alot of college educated folk wouldn't have been able to complete. Wow! Back in the day you got a serious education with your grade 8. My husband has a college education and was one of those scary smart people who won awards with latin titles and he said that some of the questions reminded him of questions on his finals. As in one question alone would take 45 minutes to complete. Impressive stuff.

I found the fruit stand and now have cases of fruit waiting to be canned/dehydrated. So excited because I was having such a difficult time finding any. So I'm going to be a busy beaver the next while between children, livestock, canning, school....... but it will feel so good when I see a full pantry. Having a full freezer and a full pantry give me a peaceful feeling. Hubby said once when I had the thanksgiving table all filled with food that seeing a table full of good food like that gave him a contented feeling. His family had plenty and were well cared for and it made all his hard work (he's a very hard worker) feel worth it. I feel that way when I see the full pantry and freezer. My hard work is providing for those I love.

Prayers for those in the danger zone of the hurricane coming. Batten down the hatches and stay warm and safe.

Hope you all have a blessed day and I look forward to reading about your lives.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly... Are we sisters? I swear thats the same way I feel! If the house is packed with food I feel like the world can do what it wants, I can handle it. But you let the pantry get low, I'm a she-demon lookin for a kill! My Hubby says I'm a squirrel, stockin away anything I can get my hands on for the future! LOL!

I have finally gotten my water problem solved! Hubby's boss, who is a licensed plumber, drove down yesterday after work and brought all his tools and jumped right in that muddy hole and fixed it! I was so shocked! He rode down on his brand new Harley and then just hosed off, packed the tools in the bike, and rode off! That was an answered prayer for sure! He wouldn't even let us pay him or feed him or anything for it!

Julie... I had to hide a key and teach my DD how to come in and call me in case of emergency when she was goin to school. We have a lot of family who are in and out of the hospital a lot, so things come up. I eventually had to pull my girls from public school and homeschool them, they developed health issues just like the rest of the family. It's a hard situation with kids in school, but it's one we all understand. You'll find something that works well for your family! You're a good mom or you wouldn't be worried about it!

I gotta run! Mom needs taken to a dr appointment and she still can't drive. I need to go to the store anyhow, so it works well all the way around!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  12:57:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm also praying for all our east coast sisters. Hope you guys have batten down the hatches and gone some where safe.

Julie, the tv station guy was the owner not just a manager. I'm ok with his attitude. My son said I should have ended my phone call to him with "I'll pray for you". But I have totally moved on. I can't wait to start school anyway. Don't beat yourself up to bad about your DD. Stuff happens and now you'll put things in place to protect her in case it happens again. I agree with the hide a key. It might give you a little piece of mind if you can't get home in time someday.

Peggy, I agree with you on the show. I'm just wishing I had more of a clue as to where my energy should go now. I can't wait for school, I still have lots of sewing projects to work on. I just wish I could see some kind of light in the tunnel or at least a road sign!

I just read "The Help".. finished it this morning. I don't know if I could see the movie. I would get too emotional. Such a sorry world we are in. I know it is fiction, but know it has so much truth in it. I'm just vegging today. I needed a break from sewing. Tomorrow I'll head back down to the basement and get going on my projects. I'm glad my teaching is over for a few weeks. I can sew without any interruptions. Being ADD it is hard to have too many things going on at the same time. I work better if I can hyper focus on one project at a time.

Anyway, Sending good thoughts to all you mommas out there keeping your families healthy and happy. You guys work so hard. Between cleaning, gardening, kids and cranky husbands... and of course the "outlaws". I am amazed at all your energy.

Saying a healing prayer for Darlene. I hope we hear from her soon. I'm sure she is in the thick of it right now.

Later for now..

Bunny

f

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  2:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

This may be the last post for a little while. As you know, Hurricane Irene is headed our way. Some of the towns around us are having mandatory evacuation-- we are in the voluntary evacuation area. We are staying. We have plenty of water and canned food. They are telling us to be prepared for no power for three days. It is not supposed to hit us until tomorrow afternoon. I'll be spending the rest of today and early tomorrow battening down the hatches. They are shutting down the Garden State Parkway heading south so we are here for the duration. Say a prayer for us on the East Coast .... hope all my east coasters are staying safe. I'll be checking in whenever I can.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  2:48:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,
We're going to spend our day tomorrow securing things outside and putting things up off the basement floor. We're "expected" to be on the western edge of Irene when she gets here some time late Saturday. My biggest concern is loss of power, the freezer is full and our basement tends to flood if the sump pump isn't working. So, trusting and preparing as best we can. Compared to what the folks further south and east will have to deal with, we'll get off pretty light I expect.

Julie, I had the same thing happen with my kiddos one time. It is just scary for a mom and the "bad" mom feeling will fade. Keeping a key outdoors is something we have always done since then. We've had too many car issues to count on being home in time for my comfort. And it helps when I have a "blonde" moment and lock myself out. (I'm blonde so I'm licensed to say that. )

Well, praying that all the east coast beach babes are safe and ready.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 26 2011 2:49:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  4:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world to me. We did get a key and practice where/what she should do. I think meeting the homeschool co-op teacher was also a nudge from God.

I'm praying for all those having to deal with the hurricane. I work at a hospital and it's no fun having to work through one. My family lived on the Gulf Coast and I remember several times leaving and not sure of what we'd find when we got back. We're out of hurricane danger where we live now, but I remember all those feelings and work that had to be done.

Today I went to the doctor about my leg pain. DH was a sweety and had called and made an appointment for me. She doesn't think it's a bulging disc but inflammation. That darn sciatic nerve. She wants to treat it cautiously (no MRI yet) and see if medicine and some back exercises will help. After that the next step would be a doctor that specializes in certain therapies for this (stretch you on a rack and lay you on a bed of nails, I think) I took my pain medicine and half of the muscle relaxer so I should be pretty loopy and knocked our soon...zzzzzzzz

Have a good weekend. I'll be working. Stay safe ladies!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  6:50:27 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
well i spent the entire day getting ready for the storm
the hatches are battened down as good as it gets and i am
prayers for all our east coast and affected area sisters
elaine you are very brave to ride this out stay safe and
we have not have a storm like this in one hundred years????
can you imagine..everything is shutting down and that has never
happened ...this is scary , i'm pretty much glued to the news
but thats really all thats on since this is BIG...
i will be baking up a storm of my own as you always need goodies
i picked all the veggies that i knew would be close to ready
my candles and flashlights are in ready bottled water stacked
charged cells ..basement floor is clear and mops and buckets ready
i even have charcoal grills and camper grill ready to go just incase
so i may be over the top ready but they are saying we may not have power for
a while..so pray for us dear porchies..
on a funny note i have a pool and lots of bubble bath so aleast we'll be clean..LOL
but its really crazy they have shut down all major roads and literary isolated NYC
no trains buses or planes...
i guess i'm rambling because i'm nervous..and i may not be online for awhile
so forgive me..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Farmdream - my df had the same thing with inflammation of the disk. The chiropractor was his best treatment. Took a couple adjustments becauase he was so bad but it definately worked. She told him 3 weeks until he was moving easier and about 6 weeks for the pain to have let up - she was right on the mark. It didn't help that he irritated it daily with his job being so physical but there was nothing he could do about it. I've sworn by chiropractors for years and was glad he finally let me make him an appt.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  9:46:55 PM  Show Profile
My Darlen' Porchies...OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU IN THE PATH OF IRENE. PRAYING FOR YOUR SAFETY!
Also, prayers for all of you who will be affected indirectly by the storms from Irene. I pray that it
won't be as bad as the News is making it sound. BUT I have a feeling it is going to be a BIG!

LOVE, HUGS, BLESSINGS, AND PRAYERS,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  9:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry Porchies...too tired tonight to comment on each of you..been up since 430 for some strange reason and been fighting sleep to watch where Irene is hitting land. It has missed us, but I have family in MA and NH...so let me first thank each of you for the prayers for all us east coast ladies...next I want to ask the Lord to watch over everyone.

Dear Heavenly Father, Please watch over all my sisters and their families as Irene comes ashore on the east coast. Also my family and everyone else in its path. AMEN

It's bedtime for me as I am sitting here trying to type with my eyes half closed...till tomorrow.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  04:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I think my morning is going to be a busy one! And of course, I could have slept in but I woke up at 5:45 & have been up since. I guess I'm excited to go on a little mini vacation lol. I need to do dishes, 2 loads of laundry, clean the fridge out (can we say icky anyone? I don't want to leave stuff in there for a week that can spoil), shower, and pack my bag, along with my car (hopefully there's not too much to haul down there!). And I'm hoping to leave at a good time - around 8 or 8:30, but it will probably be later :s.

My thoughts are with all you East Coasters - hope you're staying safe & dry!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  07:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone~

Bunny~
Thank You for the beautiful QUILT you made me. I am humbled by your generous gift of time and love. Red is my favorite
color by the way. You are such a talented lady. I know that you have been blessed to share this gift of sewing etc. with others.
Know that I so appreciate that you have done all this work just for me! I wish I knew how to post a picture. If you took one please post it.

Thank you all for the prayers,cards and well wishes. I survived the surgery and the earthquake! I am waiting for the results of the additional lymph nodes and the staging. I feel fine except for being tired and sore. I was out of the recovery room and in my room about 5 minutes when all of a sudden my bed started shaking and everything else too. What the heck? The EQ! Now the Hurricane. My husband is removing/tying down everything that could fly through the air. Filling the tub and jugs with water. We are told to prepare for electrical outages for up to a week.

Staci~Your cute ornament is on my tree and I love the GM stories and tea!

Hi to new and older porchies. Will pop in as I feel up to it. You are always in my heart and prayers.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  09:41:49 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm so glad you are done with the surgery. I'm glad you like the quilt. Here is a picture I took a while back after I made it.

Sorry you have to deal with all the weather and earthquakes at the same time as your surgery. I guess God is moving heaven and earth to make you better!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  10:38:29 AM  Show Profile
Darlen Darlene...Hi Sis, I am so glad to see you on here...even if for just a moment! So, grateful to the Lord for watching over you
through surgery and the EQ and now praying for all you East Coasters to make it safely through Irene. That is a lovely quilt that
Bunny made for you. So Special! I hope through this personal Storm of Life...that you are seeing and believing how much you are loved,
prayed for and supported. We All Love You Dearly!

Bunny...that was a lovely thing to do for Darlene. I know she will get lots of use from that as she will need to rest a lot now and
later as she goes in to treatment.

Pam...have a fun Holiday! Nothing like a vacation to refresh and restore one's soul.

Penny...dear heart, get some sleep! You can't control that storm and you will be of no good to anyone if you are exhausted dear.
Leave your loved ones in the Lord's most capable hands.

It is just a beautiful day here in the West but next week we are suppose to get rain for the week. Bummer...I have so enjoyed the
last 3 weeks of glorious weather. Perfect 70's and 80's and two days in the 90's...I have been just soaking up all that sunshine as
much as I can. I love that sun-kissed feeling on my skin. Wonderful...Wonderful...Wonderful!

I will be back later my Porchies. Keep Safe and make the most of this day,
Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  11:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi All, still tired but think it is the weather and this new arthritis meds Dr. put me on...oh well it will be ok...think I will take a nap...lol...My Momma told me after I grew up that she used to trick me to get me to take a nap...she would ask me to lay down with my little brother so he wouldn't be alone and that I could get up when he went to sleep...yep that's right it was always me that went to sleep first...tricky little devil wasn't she...

Pam have a wonderful time...be safe and can't wait to here about it when you return.

Darlene, I am so glad to hear you are doing well, not sure if we have met yet but feel like I already know you from the sweet things the porchies have said about you. You are in my daily prayers. I hope that things go smoothly for you and I know we aren't right there with you but know we all will do what ever we can for you from a distance. That was so sweet of Bunny to make the quilt for you...everyone here is amazing, such a great group of friends. It seems I've known them for years. I am so glad you were already out of surgery when the EQ hit...wow...that was a close one...but it just shows how the Lord watches over us. Take care of yourself and hope to chat with you later on here.

Bunny the quilt is beautiful, you are a very special person...may the Lord bless you for your kindness.

Peggy, hey girl....send us some of that rain...we didn't even get any from Irene, so odd, was expecting some...oh well...I know there is nothing I can do about the storm but just wanted to see where it was going to hit first. I went to bed and slept well but got up early to go to the next town over to a yard sale, small or so small flea market and same size farmers market. Yard sale was cancelled, nothing at the itty bitty flea market but got some peaches. purple potatoes, garlic and banana bread at the farmers market...so all in all a good trip. I'm off to take a quick nap, will check in a little later...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi All~ We are just starting to get the wind and the rain. We have a tornado watch until 8 tonight. It is going to just get worse here - we are all taking bets on what time the power is going off.
Bunny~ That quilt is just beautiful! You are one talented lady.
Darlene~ So good to hear from you. I pray for your strength daily.
Penny~ Hope you feel refreshed after a nap. In my house, napping is an Olympic sport!
Pam angel~ I hope you have a great time on your mini vacation.
Deborah~ My fellow Jersey Girl~ stay safe through this. My thoughts are with you.
I'll keep checking in until we lose power and then as soon as I can after that. Thank you all for your prayers - I'm sending them out to you also!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  5:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
My dear sweet porchies on the east coast I have been praying for yall. Yall are very brave but I know God will take care of you.

Darlene so glad to see you on here. I am praying for you dear one.

I have been on the couch since I got home from school last night. I have a heck of a cold. I told God if He wanted me to rest couldn't we have done it over tea rather than this terrible cold. So I am resting and drinking lots of tea. I was supposed to sing in comtemporary choir at church tonight but hubby put his foot down and said no. He knows me so well. He knows I would try to go.

anyway I am off to have some more tea and rest some more with a good book.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  8:13:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Prayin for all our east coast crew!

Darlene... So glad you weren't still in the o.r. when the quake hit! I'm glad you're back. Hope your tests and recovery go well.

Things seem to be workin better around here. Except for me! I've been fightin off a nasty bug ever since the day we dug the leak up in the rain.

Last night we decided to go to 'Bikes On Meridian', a motorcycle gatherin in Indianapolis. It was a blast! We seen thousands of different bikes and talked to tons of neat people. There was a group of 8 of us ridin together. We had dinner together and then rode 1 1/2 hours south to a little coffee house we love. We drank 4 pots of coffee and talked till 4:00am. We were home around 5am and actually got to spend a little time alone together talkin before we went to bed.

When I woke up around noon I was so very sick. I guess ridin the motorcycle for hours in 60 degree weather wasn't so smart. I probably would've been okay but I was already half-way sick from the day in the rain.

There is an upside to this. My hubby has kept me in hot tea, egg salad sandwiches, and control of the remote all day! I also haven't done a single thing except lay on the couch and watch tv. He even took the girls to his cousin's house for dinner so I could nap and brought me back a plate of food. I have really enjoyed this. He's usually not very great at the whole takin-care-of-me thing, but he's done great today!

I'm headin off to take some nyquil and finish my tea before bed.

See ya all tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  8:15:12 PM  Show Profile
32 Quarts of peaches canned. Canned peaches are just so beautiful. But my back and my feet are ticked off with me so I'm going to be lazy all evening once my animal chores are done. :)

Husband is out fighting a fire. He's a volunteer firefighter out here and there's a grass fire somewhere. Hope he's okay. This is his first fire.

Kids are gloriously happy. I let them watch Tom & Jerry this morning. I figured Saturday Morning Cartoons, plus I was canning and this kept them happy while I worked. And now tonight they have their tent set up and are "camping" in my son's room. Happy memories in the making.

Praying all you in the path of Irene are well.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  9:00:19 PM  Show Profile
Prayers, Prayers, Prayers all around..... Those in Irene's path, Tammy & Angela's colds, Darlene's healing touch, Pam's traveling mercies....and on and on it goes! But God knows everyone's needs and is still in the answering business! Praise His Wonderful Name!
Bunny, you have such a talent...beautiful quilt and so sweet of you to send it to Darlene!
Extra (((HUGS))) for all of you tonight. I think we all feel the stress & strain of each others burdens!
Sleep well PorchBuds!!
Love you all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  10:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Madame Butterfly and Angela...oh summer colds are such a downer, but it sounds like the hubbies have been pretty
good to ya. Resting on The Couch all day, with hot tea and the remote...sounds pretty much like pamperin to me.
Kudo's to the men!

Kimberly...Oh, I love to see the canned fruit sitting on the counter. My favorites have always been peaches, pairs,
and cherries. They are so beautiful!! Way to go...32 quarts of peaches...that is a lot of work girlfriend. Your family
will be thankful for your hard work all winter.

Judy...my goodness girl...you can say more in just a few words! How do you do it? You and Debtea2. I am the Queen of mega blabber!
I have never said anything in my life in just a "few words." I can't do it! Impossible.lol

Penny...what is the new arthritis meds your Dr. put you on, if I may ask. I am in need of something myself but don't like what they have
offered me in the past. I would like to save my kidneys and other vital organs if at all possible. I'm kinda attached to them after all
these years. lol

Elaine & Deborah...had you Jersey Girls on my heart and mind all day. As well as all of you on the Eastern part of the Country.
Have tried not to stay glued to the TV today because I do stress easily over you all. Even though the Word tells us to bare one
anothers burdens...I tend to go overboard if I don't keep myself in check and then I have to deal with a Fibro-flare. So, have
just tried to leave you all in God's most capable hands.

Off to knit for awhile and watch HGTV (one of my indulgences in life)....
More tomorrow my beloved sisters.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 27 2011 10:20:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  05:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning,

Elaine, hope you didn't loose power in the storm or that you got a tornado....

Angela, I am so sorry that you have a cold...summer colds are the pits...feel better soon and tell you DH that we are so proud of him for taking are of our Sister...feel better

Kimberly, Wow that's alot of peaches. We just bought a big box yesterday. Got to give them another day or two then I will be doing the same...can't wait. Also going to make you girls a cobbler too. Prayers for the DH on his job...bless him for what he does. Tom and Jerry, I would be right beside your kids...watching too.

Judy, thank you for the prayers. We were lucky and didnt get any of Irene but some of our sisters and my family are still in it path. Waiting to hear from them to see how they did.

PeggyA, let me copy the name from the bottle..ETODOLAC 200mg...it really works better than anything else they have ever put me on. I take 3 a day...I hope you can find something that helps you...arthur is a rough fella...lol... Don't stress over us here on the east coast to much because we would hate to be the one that causes the fibro-flare ups.

I will check in later...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  10:18:12 AM  Show Profile
Penny...thanks so much for the name of the medication. Will talk to my Dr. about it next time
I go in.

bless you,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  2:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Hello all you loveable porchies! I was thinking of all of you in Irene's path and hoped you moved your rockin chairs inside! I hope all of you faired well and without damage.....it's so wierd as it's usually us that are buttoning down the hatches in Florida....and I felt so bad for everyone as I watched the weather channel! I tell everyone that me and Jim Cantore are best friends....we're not really, I've never met him, but when I first moved to Florida I watched him so much cuz I had no idea what to expect.......so now I just say we're best friends...I live in a virtual world! I do have to confess, I was wondering who's porch we were sittin on during the storm? Miss all of you and just wanted to tell you I'm thinking about all of you and hoping you're all staying safe! Bunny that is a beautiful quilt you made.....Darlene, God Bless you girl and any of you others that are going through similar trials! Hang in there.....thinking and loving all of you! Hugs!

Edited by - monicarose on Aug 28 2011 2:24:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  2:34:00 PM  Show Profile
just took another glimpse of some past pages....Cute handbag Mel.....you go girl! so miss all of you....there's so many new porchies...isn't that fun???? I bought two new rockers for my front porch...everytime I sit on them I reminisce back to this porch! Brought some watermelon today! Enjoy....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page