Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  5:35:16 PM  Show Profile
I haven't uploaded a pic in a long time, so bear with me, gonna try.
This is Me, My Mama&My Sissy(craftbug on here)taken at Daddy's funeral 2 years ago!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  5:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cherime - I'm not sure how you offended anyone....but I do hope you come back!

Penny - I really like that apron :). It's so cute! I have my instruction booklet for my grandma's sewing machine & find that it explains how to do things better than I can figure it out. I want my mom & dad to buy me "Sewing for Dummies" for birthday/Christmas...but Mom says I don't need it (to that I say "Hahahaha").

Kimberly - I hope everything works out for you & your husband in regards to your in-laws. {{{hugs to you}}}

I'm making some Jello Jigglers tonight....for some reason, I want some jello, even though I seriously only eat a spoonful at Christmastime....not sure why I want jello, but oh well. I made it & stuck it in the freezer b/c I'm not staying up until 11 to eat jello. I'm being really lazy & doing dishes in the dishwasher. Well, as many as I can. It's just a teeny (supposedly) counter-top one but my plates don't fit in it. About all I can fit in it are glasses, cutlery, small plates & bowls. And the odd"little" thing. At least it cuts down on some of them. I'm really unmotivated right now to do much of anything, much less things that I need to do before the weekend: laundry, vacuuming, dishes (the rest of them), bathroom....I'm really tired tonight so that's not helping either. I really need to do something with the jelly crabs from my grandpa's that I got. Anybody know if you can freeze them, then do something with them? There aren't that many, but I haven't had a chance to do anything with them this week, and I'm gone next week. Have a good evening all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  6:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Cherime,I enjoy hearing stories from your state,different from our own.Please stay!What ever happened,it had to be a misunderstanding!
Penny, nice job on your first apron. I like the cute lacey pockets. And now you are quickly jumping into a more intricate one....good for you girl! I'm sure you can do it.
Thanks for sharing all the "Horsey" pics girls. I really like horses. Such a graceful and powerful animal.
Well, we're awaiting a bad storm. I hope it misses us. I hate night storms, you can't watch their approach. They said it's going to be bad though! Until tomorrow girls....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  6:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Well, I got the fabric together to make my apron today. Got the pattern printed ( was free off the internet) and cut out, tomorrow going to wash the fabric...had to order the bias tape since I didn't have any..got that done too...it is cheaper for me to order over the internet since I live over 50 miles to the nearest fabric store. Thanks everyone for the support on my ability in making this apron, and Bunny I'm going to practice the button holes tomorrow.

Judy, that is a very nice picture of ya'll.. and thank you on the sweet compliment on my apron and about my horses.

Pam, I think I need that book too..sounds like it would help me too. I really wanted to call my Momma today to ask her some questions about the pattern..lol..wish I had a straight line to heaven.

I hope Cherime comes back, I too like her stories. Talk to everyone later.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  7:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Tammy, I'm glad that you have a good class this year!
Angela, we're here for you to vent! I'm praying for you sister!
Kimberly, that's true passion! Good for you:) And you and your DH will definitely be in my prayers.
Staci, I had a great day!
Cherime, please stay! Don't leave us, please! You are such an inspiration.
Elaine, I'm glad that your classroom is coming along!
Judy, what a good picture:)
Today was a fabulous first day of school! I love my teachers, I love my classes, and I'm just really overall excited for the year! Blessed Thursdays to everyone!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
I do hope yall had a great day! Day number 2 with the little butterflies was cooler and much fun. ONe little one came in and said "Mrs. Schroeder, what are we going to learn today?" I just smiled. That little butterfly had his wings ready to fly and I thought now that is my cup of tea.

Cherime~PLEASE STAY!! I must be oblivious to what you think is a misunderstanding. Girl, this porch is where we let it all hang out and we don't offend easy! So get your wings back here and have some tea on us.

Bunny~I know kiddos are hard but don't you let those grandmas and mamas let you not teach them. They need to learn sewing...you have a gift and I love reading about what you are doing.

Staci~This getting up in the morning with the Lord has been a journey that HE laid on my heart this summer. It has taken discipline believe me and I am not a morning person. But I gradually worked up to getting up at 5:30 so I cold have that quiet. This is a test for me because I have a tendency to start out well and then get lazy...but I have really been praying about this and asking God to help me out. HE hasn't let me oversleep yet. I just get up and go to my quiet spot and start by saying a sleepy good morning Lord. I read a bit in my bible and devotion and write a few lines in my journal to HIm. I close out my day the same way except I tend to be more talkative as I have to speak to him about my whole dya.. I am sure he giggles at this...He is with and knows but I just like to share it with him and then I am quiet and wait for Him. This journey has been very soul refreshing. I don't know if that helps but it is what I am doing.

Judy love the picture...beautiful

elaine~ can't wait to hear about your students. Bunny is right you are going to have to give them a nickname...lol

well my dears off to shower and read a bit.

love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  11:45:24 PM  Show Profile
My Dear Porchies...Good Evening to you all! Had a nice day around here. Had to go sign papers for next years Apartment Lease. We are
blessed to be in a Sr Estates with low cost housing rental. And one that is in a very rural and beautiful setting. It is hard to make it on your own these days just on Social Security, even with my hubby working part time with our youngest son. But God watches over us and takes
mighty good care of us despite inflation and a nose diving economy.

Cherime...thanks for the email back and I hope you are reading all these heart-felt requests from your Porchie Sisters. We all want you on here even if another thread is giving you problems. You are loved here and we would hate to loose you.

Megan...Yeah for a great start to school!!! We expect to hear all the fun stuff and the hard stuff. Keep us in the Loop!

Elaine...I agree with Madame Butterfly and Bunny. You are going to have to give your Class a Pet Name. And share some of your "Moments"
with us; and we know with little kids there are always "moments". :+)

Tammy...I love that you are getting up every morning and spending time with God. That is what I teach My Little Flock of Women to do too and
that you are ending your day that way too...is awesome. If you find yourself starting to drift off tract at any time...my suggestion is to just change it up a little bit. For example: My Hubby bought me a daily devotional called "Time With The King" last Christmas...and I have been faithfully using that for my devotional time with My Beloved Papa in the mornings for what 8 months now...all of a sudden I just kind of feel burnt out on it. So, I am going back to just reading Scripture with out a devotional help and just using my morning walking time with the dogs to just pray and listen. That is what I mean by just change it up alittles bit if it starts feeling routine and like a have to
thing instead of a Want To Thing.

Kimberly...In-Laws and Out-Laws...did you ever notice that people generally have either great in-laws or terrible in-laws? Rarely are they just OK in-laws. lol Praying for you and hubby...it's a struggle that's for sure!

Penny...good for you on starten the Apron. Wouldn't it be great if we could just beam Bunny over...to help when little problems arise? lol

Judy...what a lovely picture of The Three French Squizzles!!! That is so Special!!!

Well...I am sure I missed someone but you know I love you all. I am off to read and enjoy the peace and quiet. Hubby took this
week off from work. It's Nice...but it messes up my routine too. lol So, for this week the routine is down the toilet and we are
enjoying each others company...but I also need some "ME" time and space too. You get it girls...I know!

Love, Smiles and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  04:52:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I try to keep up with everyone's posts even when I don't get time to write. Another month or so, and my schedule should lighten up a little so I can spend more time on the porch!

Has anyone heard how Darlene is doing? Still praying for her.

Megan - if I didn't tell you already, please add me to the new birthday list. I can't remember if I e-mailed you or not!!!

We had a wonderful time on our vacation, and then yesterday I took another day off to spend at a local fair where they had an all-day bluegrass event. It was wonderful, but I didn't get home until 11:15 last night. So, have jet lag today!

Next week my boyfriend and I work for 7 days straight making homemade ice cream at our local fair. It's fun, but a lot of work, so I'll probably be MIA again for a while.

Love, prayers and hugs to all of you!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  05:05:14 AM  Show Profile
Hello Lovely Porchies!

The concert last night was great. Beauiful weather - not too hot nor too cold. We had a great breeze also! We were lucky to have seats though - the lawn sitters were being eaten by the NJ state bird - the mosquito!

I am looking forward to seeing "the help" today with mom - hopefully early afternoon. Tonight I am going to a celebration for one of the teachers - she just finished up with her Masters.

I am going to have to come up with a name for my fourth graders. Not sure yet if I have 30 or 32.

We are heading towards the finish line with the house - painting starts Monday. I just can't wait for it all to be done so I can give it a good cleaning and settle back in. Honestly, I don't know where anything is anymore.

I hope Darlene is doing well. Has anyone heard from her?

Cherime - we need to see you back on the porch--we are missing you.

Well ladies have a day filled with peace and love.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  06:15:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porch sisters,
It's stormy and unsettled here today but it's another day and I'm thankful for it.

Kimberly, I will definitely keep you and your DH in my prayers. Outlaws are probably one of the biggest frictions in a marriage. My out/in-laws are a mixed bag and at times it has been a strain but you can get through it, one day at a time.

Peggy, it is good to be back! I missed you all - still missing Pam/Kittykill - any word from her?

Judy - such beautiful ladies, sweet smile and so huggable!

TL Tammy - thank you, it DOES help! To know that other "not morning people" can become morning people is encouraging. Now, I need to talk to Him about giving me a greater "want to" in the morning.

Elaine, your house sounds like it is awesome. My home could use all the things done to it that you are doing. But I'd have to figure a way to do it myself (or for my DH to do it himself - ) Hope you are going to share some photos! 4th grade was one of my favorite years - have fun with your class.

Well, I need to get crackin' on work stuff. You gotta pay to play.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  07:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning Porchies,

It is so good to see so many new posts since my last one...I get excited every morning to log on to see what my "friends" are doing.

Darlene, hope you are doing ok...prayers for you.

Megan, so good to hear from you and glad everything is good this school year. Please keep us posted.

Tammy, it is so good and exciting to hear that little one so excited about learning...so cute. I really have to get better at my quite time with the Lord, DH spends many hours every morning with the Lord. He likes watching two different people on the TV which he follows along with their teachings in the bible. Then during the day he spends more time. He says he loves his time with GOD...I don't do a morning time...mine is usually at different times in the day. I think I would like to try the first thing in the morning and then last at night. My youngest Son puts me to shame too...he does his in the morning and during the day too. He went on a mission trip earlier this year and came back with such a burn to do more. I am so proud of him. My DH is his step father but man do they have such a bond. Since we live 2 hours apart they talk on the phone a good bit when he has questions. He gave my DH such a compliment by saying he wishes he could find a church that has older (not age but knowledge) christians in it so he has others he can learn from like he does my DH.

PeggyA, I am glad you have a place to leave that doesn't put to much of a financial strain on ya'll. And one in such a beautiful setting. And I agree with you that GOD watches over us and takes care of us. The real estate business is so bad right now and there are times I wonder what the next month will hold and then, GOD provides...we are so blessed. I sure do wish we could just beam Bunny here to help me....just like on Startrek. LOL. It has to be different having your DH home. My DH and I are together 24/7 since I work for him but we kind of do our own things during the day. I told him this morning how I look forward to talking to ya'll and he said he is glad for me and glad that because of ya'll I have started sewing again.

Hi Luanne, not sure that we have met before, but so many ladies here I don't remember everyone. The fair sounds wonderful...enjoy yourselves, we don't have many things around here like that...as I've said before we live wayyyyyy out from everything. Glad your vacation was fun...when we get home from vacation I feel we have to come home just to rest up from vacation..lol

Elaine, glad you had great weather for the concert. Sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to hear what name you come up with for your class. That is alot of little ones...I sure wish that they could make smaller class sizes it would be so much better for you and them.

Staci, I sure wish we could get some rain, so dry here. I hope that the hurricane doesn't hit the states, but looks like it will, wish it would turn out to sea...but doesn't look like it.

Placed my fabric on the line to dry, going to practice button holes before starting the apron. Wish me luck...lol..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  07:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Luanne - enjoy the fair- I know how much work that can be. I don't know if it will work this way for you but if I had to make ice cream everyday, I just might not want to eat as much of it.

Penny - let us know how the button-hole practice goes, that's another thing I've never tried. I always avoided patterns that called for buttons. Silly me. I did buy material, a pattern and all the needed things to make 2 farmgirl style dresses oh, must have been two years ago. Then lost my nerve (gained a few pounds ) and tucked it all away. Now that I'm back to losing weight (again, and slowly) you may just inspire me to take a crack at it.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 25 2011 07:17:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:14:34 AM  Show Profile
You're right, Staci! The first day or two we fight over who GETS to do the ice cream taste test. By the 4th or 5th day we argue over who HAS to to taste it!! By the end of the week we never want to see ice cream again. We usually make close to 100 gallons in the 7 days if the weather is nice.

Hi Penny - I'm not sure if we've met either - but it's good to meet you now! I'm on and off the porch because I work full time plus have a lot of evening & weekend commitments - like so many of us do!

Kimberly - prayers going your way.

Hugs to you all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:23:00 AM  Show Profile
I sometimes get into trouble for speaking my mind and maybe not being clear enough for others to understand. I will keep a low profile for a while. But I continue to pray for those Somali refugees that they are able to open their minds and hearts and be free of anger and fear, converting to good citizens. I sure pray that they have mentors to move along side them and help them to become what they wish for themselves and their families. I be around ladies and I love you all. Thanks for the support

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  09:20:57 AM  Show Profile
.......still giggling over the NJ state bird....the mosquito.....Elaine, just a hoot! Glad you had a good time Girly!
Thanks for all the compliments on the pic of my Mama,Sissy&Me(The Squeezle-Sisters Or The French-Huggers) hahahaha After seeing Penny's beautiful pic of her mama and her, I just had to put that on, even if it was a sad occasion. I also wanted to see if the picture button would work for me. I couldn't get it to work again after I put that pic of the baby guinea-pigs on here, over a year ago. Strange! Now it's ok again. Now I can share again....yeaaaaa!
Well we survived that awful night of storms....~whew~ what a night. Don't know how the electric stayed on. I finally had to put ear plugs in. It banged, boomed and flashed alllllll night starting at 1:30 AM and finally rolled out around 5. Now it sounds like Staci is getting it. At least it's daylight and the lightening isn't so blinding. I hate that when I'm trying to sleep. I know.... *whining* It's gorgeous/sunny/breezy/76 this morning....God's blessing after!
Megan, it's so nice to hear you get all bubbly talking about your new school year. I love it. Keep us up on everything that you do. :)
Penny, your household sounds like a wonderful place for a child to grow up. I'm glad your son is close to and looks up to his Step-Dad! And he sounds like a good example for the boy. That's so nice to hear. So many times in public I hear kids being so disrespectful and even swearing when talking to parents...grade school age, mind you. It's so sad.
Luanne, so good to see you girl. I was just looking at my Farm-girl address book the other day and wondered where you were.I miss your posts.
...............and Lida....where's Lida Merril, from NY??? People just up and go MIA...and I miss 'em! You Gals just don't realize how much you each contribute to my day. You are from all over, have all different lifestyles, different climates and sure, we talk about common things a lot of the time, but when one of you gets sick or just goes MIA, I miss you!....ya know what I mean?
Where's August going in such a hurry? It won't be long, we'll be getting our tea from our September "TeaBags,"Tea Swapper,Miss Angela! Can't wait to see what her favorite tea is. We sure have had some interesting flavors and yet, I've noticed 2 outstanding flavors coming'round...chai's & fruity.... I just had a thought....hahahaha.....we are a spicy, but fruity bunch! hahahaha...so glad you stayed away from "Nutty" flavors. We'd all have to be committed!ROFL!!!
I just have an old Montgomery Ward sewing machine, I don't even think I have a button foot for it. I've always shied away from button holes. In Home Ec. in school we did (1) maybe...hahaha....we always leaned toward snaps back then.Back then being after coming over on the ark & before the invention of the wheel. *giggle*
Make it a good day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile
I think I can say I was productive yesterday. Taught the kids their school, made yoghurt, two batches of ice cream, cheese, put the wire up on my chicken run.......Now if I could just find some time to weed!!! Time to start pickling and canning. YEAH!! Gonna fill that pantry to the lid.

Today we're going to a fair and going to try and find a fruit truck so I can can/dehydrate some fruit. After school of course! Have a great day ladies and thank you for your prayers. I hesitated to mention anything but the more people praying the better.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Judy, you have me laughing so hard it hurts...you always brighten my day...thanks..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh! so much has happened since I last sat on the porch!
I am feeling much better, except for tiredness. I am reading with interest what's going on with all the porchies, but there's too much to comment on at the moment :)
Know I love you all and I pray for you!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  4:43:27 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all! I'm trying to get everything done that I need to....I have a feeling it's going to be a long night! Last night I was in bed before 9 and asleep by 9:30, so tonight I need to finish my dishes, tidy up, do laundry, pack for a week, plus help out a co-worker on some activities. Somehow I don't think I'm leaving tomorrow night like I want to - it's gonna be Saturday morning, I think. I wish I could have taken tomorrow off, but as it is, they don't have anyone to close, so my shift got switched (it's only moved ahead 15 minutes)....and I don't have to do school-agers tomorrow, just preschoolers, which will be nice for a change....I'm not sure I want to do school-agers, even if it is alternated every week. Right now, they are "I didn't do it/I didn't have it/Why do I have to do it?/So & so did it/had it" etc. It gets annoying. I asked some of them today to pick up stuff that they were literally stepping on & they're like "It's not mine". Grrr.

Anyhow. I'm trying to get it cooler in here. I had my windows open today since there was a breeze, even though the high was 34C/90F. Right now it's 30C/84(ish)F, but there is a barn smell out there too. All week there's been "barn". Not sure who is doing what....Ok, I'm off to look at a few more topics, find something to eat, then I'm starting on my stuff that needs to get done. Night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  4:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Night Pam, have a safe trip...and have fun..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Well I finished my last kids camp sewing class. All went well and they all loved their project. (jammie pants). Upset girl never came back and her mom is mad at me for upsetting her daughter. All the parents asked for more classes. We may have to figure out a way to do a class after school sometime. Now onto my grownup classes. I really hope I get sign ups. I'm going to need the money to get through school.
The TV station owner decided he didn't want a quilt show. He was kind of a jerk about it too. He wouldn't let me explain the benefits to him at all. Just a very narrow minded man. I think if I was dealing with his wife it would have happened. I sure wish I knew why I get lead down these paths only to come on a rock slide. Well, it just gives me more time to do the other sewing projects I have lined up. It is hard to not have a job to go to.. I feel like I'm in a bad place not working. I have to continually tell myself that going to school is going to be worth it and it's ok to not have a job right now.

Judy, I love the picture of you and your family.. what a fun bunch you must have been all together. I have a feeling you and Elaine would be quite a pair. Probably would keep everyone laughing so much we would have to bring depends to get through a visit with you two.

Cherime, glad you are sticking around us at least. We do love having you here.

Bunny

Peggy, glad your inspection is over. Now you can move everything back to where it was for another year.

Kimberly, sounds like you have lots to keep you busy. Don't ever worry about venting here. I have had my share of days. It is nice to have a safe place to put it out there.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  6:05:54 PM  Show Profile
to all my east coast sisters
prayers to see you safely thru
the storm..batten down the hatches
and stay safe..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Aug 25 2011 6:06:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  7:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Deborah, I'm in Ga and think it might miss us and hit north part of SC(my home state) and NC...prayers to them and the ones above them...they say it might even hit NY...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 25 2011 11:00:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  9:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies. Just getting caught up on reading.

I love the horse pictures. I can't have one. No time and not sure I wouldn't be scared. Big animals make me nervous.

Penny- Your apron turned out darling. The pic of the retro one reminded me of a post on another forum. Someone else had been looking for that pattern. I think they found it. I don't think I could sew that one.

Angela- It sounds like a crazy mechanical Bermuda triangle over there. I hope it gets worked out soon. That kind of trouble gets old fast.

Tammy- I'm envying your garden! Mine is a total disaster.

Megan- You gave up horse riding for Rugby as a safer sport? Ha ha. That gave me a good laugh.

Bunny- I'm sorry not everything went well in your class. We tend to dwell on the only bad thing that happened in our day. One girl got upset, but the other 90% of your day was great I bet. I think you were also right to point out the bathroom issue with the other girl's grandma. My DD had bathroom issues last year. She was tested twice for infections and then we took her to therapy because we figured she was using it as a coping skill. When there was something she was anxious/stressed about she would use the bathroom to escape. Your dreams are very interesting, too. Did you buy the tick tacks? I'm real sorry about your show. Even though he was a jerk he still has it in his mind and might need that show down the road. He also might not always be the boss. Kind of closed minded I think.

Elaine- Did you like the movie? I saw it today.

Kimberly- I will pray for your marriage. The Bible says having God in your marriage is like a 3 fold cord. But it doesn't say to have the in-laws. I hope things are settled fast. It's hard on the kids.

Cherime- I am in the dark, too. My DH and I never text about serious things because so much can be lost in translation. Maybe this is what happened? I know when I first came here a few months ago, someone had asked a question about something they made and I answered with some genuine questions. I think they got their feelings hurt and removed their post. It wasn't my intention to hurt them and I was just trying to find out more information to give them an honest answer. I still feel bad about it even though it wasn't intentional.

TLT Tammy- You're an inspiration for getting up early. My DH does this also. He says sometimes he starts praying and falls back asleep, but then wakes up a few minutes later and says amen. Some days it goes better.

Sorry if my answers are way behind. I open up Notepad and write responses as I read through the posts in order. Sometimes they get out of sync.

Other than saying it's been a crazy busy week I had a couple of things happen. At the farmer's market a man I've talked to many times over the last year just up and said he was the homeschool teacher at the next town's co-op. My head just about fell off. I can't tell you how many times and how many people I have asked for information for local homeschooling. I've searched the internet and asked at the local teaching supply store. No one ever knew anything. We had pretty much given up. So now I have email and phone numbers if we decide to do homeschool. I told him he should leave information around town because there's bound to be others like me with no clue how to get in touch with a local co-op.

I did get to see The Help with my new friend. We had a nice time and we plan on doing it again. I'm glad I reached out and did this.

What's mostly on my mind is what happened this afternoon. DD's bus is supposed to get here at 3:49 and I got home at 3:32 and she was sitting on the front porch crying. I feel so bad. I feel like a complete failure and the worst mom. I'm upset that there was that small lapse of time and that's all a bad person needs. They could have swiped her and it's all my fault. DH says not to beat myself up because it wasn't malicious. I know he's right and I'll feel better tomorrow. Right now I just feel rotten. DH says we just have to make sure we're here by 3:00 and we will practice a plan in case it were to happen again.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  11:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Our Prayers Are With All Our East Coast Sisters and everyone on the Coast. It could be a humdinger of a Hurricane. Not fun and games!
If you can leave and get to a safer place please do!

Bunny...glad your pajama bottom class went well. That is such a cool thing to make. I love them myself! ~ I think doors get closed for a
reason...but you sometimes don't know if God is directing you their for a purpose down the road. It is always good to keep a positive and open mind because often times, it is someone who knows someone and then your name comes to mind and a new opportunity arises. I have had
that happen many times. I think in all my years of working...I only had to apply for a job twice. Usually people came to me and offered me jobs. Some I took and some I used as bargaining chips with my current employer for raises and promotions. That happened to me all the the time when I worked in our Mall. I loved my job as Mgr. of the Christian Book Store...but they were all natorious for paying terrible wages.
I always asked for a raise every yeaar and I got it because I had good bargaining power as other people we always trying to get me

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page