Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  07:16:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies! I think everyone is busy. I've been busy with remodel stuff, fixing my bicycle, cleaning..cleaning..cleaning, making products for the market today. I was struggling with a decision about the garden. I've decided to let half of it go. I've been putting in so much time, water, money, but it isn't producing anything bigger than a pingpong ball. The plants are too stressed. I've been feeling overwhelmed with all the things I need to do so I had to cut some stuff out.

I'm leaving some bread and butter pickles my friend canned. They are delicious and I think you'll enjoy them out on the porch.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  08:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I know I did.

PeggyAnn: I just love the books by Marie Bostwick. I think I have read them all. Books are one of my problems. I am trying to clean up my library but every time I look at a book I can hardly bear to part with it. I know I need to thin out my collection, but it is very very hard to do. To answer your question regarding a Potato Steamer. I is made from 100% cotton. It is a circle about the size of a plate and it has 3 layers. (like a quilt) the batting has to be 100 % cotton also. Anyway, you sew them together and leave a pouch, kinda like a pita bread and that is where the potato's go. Then you put them in the Mircowave to cook them. If I can figure out how to post a photo again I will try to post a picture of one. You know what they say... picture is worth 1000 words. hahahaha When I finish this post I will see if I can figure out the picture thingy again.

Pam: Happy belated Birthday. Hope it was a GREAT one.

Deborah: Congrats on your Job. Just had a hunch you would get it!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

Mel: I would love to send you some rain. In fact, if I knew how to ship you some of the water out of my back yard I would send it to you overnight!! hahaha. More rain in the forecast this week.

Well, gotta run and see if I can figure out photobucket again.

Hugs

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  08:39:39 AM  Show Profile
[URL=http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/atkinst2/?action=view¤t=LEG9309-2.jpg][/URL]

Here is a photo of the Potato Steamer

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  09:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Ya'll!

Thanx for the offer Theresa......we actually got rain last night.

Say Julie......love those bread and butter pickles.....my Grandma Ryan used to make them also!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  10:17:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...it is suppose to be 84 here today...our warmest day yet! I hurt my knee this morning out doing THE HAPPY DANCE!
(not really) I did hurt my knee some how yesterday while I was out shopping. I know shopping can kill a person...so, I am glad it was only my knee. ha ha It was one of those marathon shopping events...when you go into town on payday and you need everything! And it's run here, run there, run everywhere and you only have 3 hours to get it all done. Whew...had to have a 3 hour nap when I got home. lol

Theresa...that potato steamer looks cool. I have never seen one before. Thanks for posting the picture but your discription was so
good...I could really invision it even without the pic. Do you sell those? ~ I just ordered the second book on my Kindle of Marie Bostwick's "Threads" series. I am now hooked and will have to read them all.

Julie...oh, bread and butter pickles. I use to make them for my dad all the time. He loved them! Me too! He has been gone for 10 yrs this Oct. and I haven't made them since he died. Sweet Memories though! Thanks for sharing your jar with us on the Porch.

Mel...I love thunderstorms. I love lightening and thunder but my husband assures me that I wouldn't say that if I lived in the Midwest.
So Texas must get bad ones too huh? We rarely get them in the NW but I love them when we do. I could sit out on the Porch and watch
them all night long.

Elaine...I like Boston Cream Pie even better than Thunderstorms...yummie!

Cherime...it seems like there are always those people who color out-side the lines (they have no sense of boundaries)...I am sorry
that your daughter is taking flack over going by the book. Sounds like maybe she is working with a bunch of people who don't
think rules and regulations were made for them. I am pretty much a boundaries person myself...but every once in awhile I rebel
and color outside the lines...just for the fun of it!

Well girls...I need some much needed sleep. My dogs woke me up early this morning and now they are sound asleep and I think I am
going to go crawl back under the covers for a little dog nap myself.

I will check back on the Porch later...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 22 2011 12:22:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  6:45:57 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
the weekend was hot and humid but very enjoyable
still humid but rain is coming ...been busy weeding the garden
and drinking gallons of Iced tea...LOL
wanted to wish everyone a healthy happy first day of SUMMER..may it last long and stay warm..
dreading the weather..sounds like everyone is enerized and running about and cleaning canning baking..
blessings
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  11:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies! I'm glad that everyone is doing pretty well. I wish I was on here more often, but that's going to change! I want to be on here everyday, I've just been really busy. For the past three days, I've been babysitting. I'm trying to save money for a back-to-school shopping trip and for my trip to London next year. I've also been trying to stay on top of summer school work so I'm not playing catchup at the end of the week. I've also been crocheting a lot more now that I have more time. I hope everyone's doing well!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  06:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

Well the storm never rolled in yesterday and now the wetaher forcast has sun and rain on it for the next seven days! Kind of hard to get that forcast wrong - in my next life I am going to be a weatherman!
My DD has decided to take up sewing and is teaching herself, she only yells "mom" a couple of times a day. I think she is doing really well. I am more than happy that she has a new hobby. Added bonus: she loves to come to the fabric store with me now!
The fox urine seems to be keeping the groundhog (and everything else) out of my garden - but it stinks when I first spray it!
Nothing much going on here - just nice calm summer days - exactly how I like it - leave the drama to others who enjoy it! That's all for now - I'm leaving some iced passion fruit tea and some cinnamon morning buns on the porch for you all! Have a lovely day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Peg, I have a hard time with being 100% within lines why I am still in AK. But working in the legal field there as just some things that must be done by the book. With my DD what bothers her is that the head honchos stressed all the by the book stuff then got torqued when she did it that way. Had she known they did not really care about that stuff she could have done it differently. People can be really odd sometimes.

Elaine I truly agree all drama can be left to those who relish it. I for one like it nice and easy.

Sounds like it is a typical summer, we are all working hard to get stuff done. Later ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, Hi There my Porchie Friends! I mostly just came here on this gorgeous Summer day to sit and chat, graze all the goodies you've put here for us(ThankYou), and enjoy Summer to the fullest. One of the BEST ways to enjoy Summer is to be with Friends and chat! I hope you don't mind the dirt under my nails and the smudge of paint on my cheek.I've been enjoying myself. Yesterday DH and I made some new screens for 2 of our windows. While he built, I painted the window frames outside. Man was it hot-94, kept wiping my face so I could see. hahaha But it's done and looks great. We're a team!Speaking of which...Monday we celebrated our 5th Anniversary by just doing what we wanted. We lazed around in the morning and had coffee and read the paper and he gave me uno and scrabble games. I was never a game person as a kid, there were only 2 of us, so what's the fun in that?/! hahaha Now in my "Second Childhood", I'm learning to play more.hahaaha He taught me some card games last week. I never knew how fun Solitaire could be. *giggle* (I digress) ANYHOOOO.....We were going to rent a pontoon but the weather forecast was a wet one, possibly stormy. We can do that another hot day. This day was actually cool with a breeze, wore a sweater over my t-shirt most of the day. So we went to see the new "Pirates" movie. Good movie just like the rest of them.We walked around the Mall afterward mostly to stretch our legs and window shop. Then we went to our local "Texas Roadhouse" for supper where he gave me a preeeeety amethyst tennis bracelet,all sparkly and lovely. He's such a Sweetie and a real keeper! He loves to surprise me all the time with little gifty things. I do that too. Life's too short, don't ya know?/!
Well "Porch-buds", have a great day, & keep those goodies coming. I left some blueberry muffins and some iced sweet-tea!
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  8:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Elaine, glad you have a sewing buddy now!
Judy, your DH sounds like a real keeper, and it sounds like you had a lovely evening:)
Today I babysat for my cousins. My aunt's family is having kind of a tough time right now. My uncle got fired (by his brother no less), and now he's doing mostly side jobs (he's a plumber). My aunt works, but they really do depend on either me or my Nana on the days that they both work. I'm definitely more than happy to help out. I love my cousins, and I love my family. I love babysitting too. And right now for sure, I want to help out any way I can. It also gives me time to spend with my cousins, who, during the school year, I don't see very often. Okay, I'm off my pedestal now! I hope everyone's doing well!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  9:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow! We had a weird day. First, DH went to his Mom's to mow, like he does every week...and the mower threw a rock 50 ft right thru his old truck's back window. Shattered to smitherines. (He did this last year with his old van too) Omen? LOL hmmmmm....He said Arnold Palmer would have been proud of his "Hole-in-One." LOL So he has an appointment to get that fixed Friday. He will have to take my beetle to work. Ok Fine. So I take my car and go on errands and low & behold, in between stops, it won't shift into any gear from park. Mind you, this happened once before, last year. Something told me(God's whisper?)to rock the car, and it worked. Not this time though. So I got a mechanic from next door to come over and look at it.
He monkeyed with it and got it to pop out of park and I took it to the dealership.Now...will it get fixed before Friday so DH driveit to work? hmmmm....the saga continues. Also, when the mechanic was messing with it, he was able to pull the gearshift up and off with no trouble at all. He said, "Well, I don't think that's suppose to happen." I told the dealership and he said, maybe that's what's wrong with it. We shall see.
I'm stressed, I'm tired! Good-night Girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  12:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Judy...there are days when one should just stay in bed and pull the covers up over their head. Car troubles will do that for me every time. So sorry you and hubby had to go through it...both in the same week. If it makes ya feel any better my DH went through car problems yesterday too. He got up to go to work and the car wouldn't start, thought it was probably the battery...but didn't have time tho mess with it...other than to do the quick connection check. Still wouldn't start...so he called our son to come take him in to work. After work they both show up here...meeting a Les Schwab guy here who is dropping off the new battery. He tells my hubby he will install it for $50.00 more (the battery cost $125.00) so my husband says, "No, I'll put it in myself but thanks!" So, this battery looks way different than are old battery...so to make a long story short my husband puts it in backwards and reverses the positive and negative charges. You guessed it...New Battery is Toast and we are just praying the alternator is NOT toast too. My son takes my hubby back to get another $125.00 battery...comes back and discovers that the two bolts that hold it in place...only one is good. So, our son has left...my hubby decides to walk to the Napa Parts Store a mile away (which wouldn't be bad if he wasn't recovering from pneumonia) and on the hottest day of summer...he is out walking in a wool shirt. He gets half way there...is getting heat stroke...so turns around and heads home. His face looked like A Very Red Lobster. He gets a cold wash cloth for his head while I get him a huge glass of ice tea and then we tuck him in to bed between cool sheets with a fan on him. I call our son...ask him to get the new bolt and bring it out later, which he does about 3 hrs later. We figured my husband should rest a couple hours after that stunt he pulled (my DH is a big guy too). So...DH gets up and son goes out with him and DH works and works but this stupid battery is not going in right. So son suggests he may have it backwards again. Sure enough...he turns it around and it goes right into place. They bolt it down and the car starts right up. Everything works but the car radio...it blew up with the first new battery. Now, you want to hear the funny side of this story. My husband is an ex-mechanic. Poor Guy! LOL And in trying to save $50.00 he ended up spending well over $250.00 for two batteries and a bolt, spent many long hours, got heat stroke and need I say more! Our son felt so bad for his dad that he took us all out for dinner at 10:00 o'clock last night. So, Judy...my husband can feel your pain! LOL

Megan...Hi young lady, we have been missing you. Glad to see you back on. You are such a sweetie to help your Aunt and Uncle like that by babysitting the cousins. Wow...it seems like so many people are losing their jobs. My middle son just lost his too...but he is single and doesn't have to worry about an entire family to care for. Which helps. My husband and I saw a very nice looking young couple today who were resting along side the road in a green space...and they had all their belongings with them in big Knap-Sacks and a tiny little kitten on a leash. They were obviously homeless and down on their luck. We are seeing more and more of that around our area. And you want to help...but you can't help everyone. It breaks my heart!

Well my Lovely Ladies...I am off to read and have a tall glass of Iced Green Tea. I will leave you some on the Porch...along with some Vanilla Cupcakes.

Angelic Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 23 2011 12:47:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  04:45:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I have never watched this thread and at 310 pages thought I need to see whats going on here. Its fun reading things from sisters I feel I know from other threads. Megan you sound like such an inspiration to young people. My daughter will be a sophmore this year.Its cool here this a.m. for a few brief minutes. My hubby and I said if we didnt have to go to work this is good fishing weather. Birds are singing in the holler and neighbors cows are bellaring off in the distance. Milking time for one of the few remaining dairies in this area. The dirt roads are carrying the sounds of cars crunching their gravel as so many neighbors like us hold jobs off the farm are heading in. Have a blesses day ladies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  09:35:23 AM  Show Profile
SMILEY...Welcome To The Porch!!! Once you find us, you become an official Porchie. You won't find a nicer group of women anywhere!
This is a safe place to kick off your cowgirl boots, or stalletto heels or burkenstocks and grab a Porch swing, rocker or just sit
on the steps and chat awhile. We laugh together, we cry together and we commisserate together. And we eat non-coloric virtual food
which is never a no-no. So come often and stay as long as you want!

Bunnie, Pam, Darlene,Angela, Teacher Tammy and Stacie...you girls have been MIA long enough! I know it's summer and everyone is busy but hey I'm missen you gals something fierce. Come on...a couple times a week isn't too much to show up and chat.

Well off to do some house work...will check in later.

Hugs and Kisses...I'm off to do the dishes,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 23 2011 09:40:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  11:19:08 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Lea! Peggy is right - a nicer group of ladies you will never find!

Peggy~ How is your DH doing today after what he went through yesterday? The aggravation alone would have sent my temperature rising!

Judy~ Oh no double cars troubles - that really does stink. I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Megan~ We couls use a couple hundred more of you on this Earth - you are one in a million.

Thunderstorms blowing through today. We had a tornado watch yesterday - but a small one hit just south and west of here. (Tornadoes in NJ? - who'd a thunk?) It is a ice day to get some of that inside work done. If it's sunny I usually like to be outside - so there is a bit to clean up here! Let's see ;adies I'm leaving some iced raspberry tea and a piece of Devil's Food cake for you all!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  12:03:16 PM  Show Profile
I believe I heard my name for rollcall. So here is Madame Butterfly with chocolate chip cookies and English Breakfast tea. Sorry I have been MIA. We have lots of storms so my internet has been less than cooperative. I haven't forgotten I am the tea queen this month either. Working on those this weekend.

I have been working in my garden, spending time with family, getting ready for Relay for Life, and a bit of planning for my classroom this next year.

This weekend my mama and I are taking a girls weekend. I am very excited and we are going to hear Beth Moore speak. I am really fluttering my wings over that. We haven't done this in a long time so we are both looking forward to it. I will take pictures to share with yall too.

See Miss Peggy I heard you call!!!! I came here right away! I thought you might be coming after me with the broom to get my behind to the porch. Wouldn't that be a site?

Ok ladies off to do some baking,
Love and hugs to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  12:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies! Thought I'd drop in for a bit. It has been busy as usual around here. Trying to get things planned for the wedding. Right now we are trying to figure out our vows, which I was supposed to have emailed to the county clerk by this past Monday. *sigh* So far other than to love each other always, almost all we have come up with is not to ring each other's neck when we are stressed out of our gourds. Hahahaha! Honestly I just haven't had a lot of patience for sitting still lately. A little crochet here and there, sure, but to sit in front of the computer and concentrate- not happening. Kinda explains my absence, huh? We have little sprouts in the new flower bed I dug up last week. This morning while DS finished mowing the lawn, I started digging the new holes for the clothesline poles. A post hole digger would really come in handy. But for the first hole I only have about 5 or 6 more inches to go. So that's not terrible bad.

Well I'm gonna run. Maybe I can sit still long enough to put together a grocery list.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  2:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! It's been a busy few days. I gave up on half the garden due to drought. Uncovered it and said so long. ` I got my push reel mower delivered. So...you know what happens next...POURED rain. Hallelujah. Those plants just might have a chance.

DD hasn't been feeling good and likes to take baths but doesn't actually use soap. Just floats around for awhile. I repurposed that water by lugging it out to use in the garden. I'm definitely getting a giant garbage can that I can use for storing rain/unused bath water.

I was able to apply for 2 merit badges. My knitting is correct if not eternally slow. I really want to get good enought to knit socks and a nice Irish sweater for my hubby.

Has anyone made the avacado icecream recipe in the magazine? I definitely want to try it.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  5:12:41 PM  Show Profile
OK then.....Act 2....I had to go pick up Beetle so that DH can drive it tomorrow while his truck window gets fixed, even though my parts won't be in until Monday. I just hope it doesn't act up for him. He is a BIIIG gut too Peggy so I know he can't walk anywhere if it breaks again. They said it was the gear shift after all. Sooooo, since I have jury duty Monday,(whaaaa) I will drop it off beforehand and hopefully pick it up that afternoon/evening.
Peggy, so sorry to hear about your DH's troubles. I don't know whether to choke him or feel sorry for him. hahaha Men! *snort*
I do howeverfeel sorry for you. lol Hey, we women stick together No Matter What!!!
Hi Lea, welcome to the Funny-Farm! We're glad to have another Sista on the porch. Pull up a plank, park it and have a cuppa! Jump right in and giggle-whine-cry-complain-whatever your fancy is for the day...just join us! ok?
Todays weather was, storms, sun, more rain, sun,dark clouds, windy, sun, rain, breezy, more sun....you name it, we had it. Crazy.....BUT...it's cool. none of that blazin humid stuff. Glad for that. That wears a feller out!!! :( Course, all this rain is pounding my poor little plants flat to the ground. Gonna have to tie them all up I guess.
Well Gals, have a great evening.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  6:29:36 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
peggy i am laughing so hard because my DH is exactly like your DH and it always costs double
i chalk it up to man macho..me i'd pay the extra fifty just to be safe..men verses woman
better safe than sorry..but i am glad your dh did not hurt himself..
judy when it rains it pours ..last week lost my job chipped my tooth and my computer was hacked!!
this week got a new Better job my computer is fixed and fine and my tooth filled..plus i was blessed with alittle free time gorgoeus blooming roses..and lastly peace of mind and a good nights sleep..
lifes exciting that for sure never a dull moment..
Lea welcome to the porch you will love it here.. it warm and welcoming
Megan what a great generous girl you are..
Elaine what crazy weather we are having and now it cool out and wet..strange..glad you did not get hit with a tornado..wow..not normal at all...
but i do love to watch a storm out on the ocean..
well i made a strawberry pie and some raspberry zinger iced tea so ladies help yourself..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  7:46:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!
Peggy and Judy, sounds like quite the ordeals you guys have had with car trouble!
Peggy, I love my cousins, and my aunt does pay me (but I would watch them either way!). It's definitely not a lot of money, only $20 a week, but I love my family and I want to help them out during this time for them. I was going to watch them anyways before my uncle lost his job, but now I'm more than happy to help out:)
FarmDream, I was the same way with crocheting. But once I got the hang of it, I was off to the races! I can now crank out a newborn hat in about an hour.
Lea, Peggy, Elaine, and Deborah, thank you so much You guys are going to make me cry! I love it here so much and I love you guys for letting me come here and be me!
Tammy, have a fun weekend with your Mom!
Today I finally got a break from babysitting! Not that I don't love it, but my cousins wear me out! I went to the library to take a teen writing class. Thank God for my wonderful library! They have such good programs for teens, and I'm happy that they do. Most bookstores and such have programs like that, but only go through middle school or 6th grade, so I'm glad my library has fun things for kids my age! Then my middle cousin tested for her yellow belt in karate. She was so excited, and she got her belt. I was so proud of her! She's my only girl cousin, so I think I'm definitely closer to her than my boy cousins. It was a good day! I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
Megan

Edited by - knittinchick on Jun 23 2011 7:47:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  11:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy, I'm still here.. just lurking. Not much to say. Just going to work and then home. I'm usually so tired when I get home I end up napping and then just vegging until time for bed. I'm teaching a kids sewing class on Monday. Should be interesting. I have a 9 year old boy and an 11 year old girl. Nice to only have 2. They will get lots of attention and I know their projects will turn out great. Mom fired the lawn guy. He was charging $30.00 to mow the lawn and was only here for about 1/2 an hour. She says she will do it herself.. fat chance. I'll have to learn how to do it or it won't get done. I have always lived with a natural yard in the mountains so have never used a lawn mower. Plus she has all these... don't do this or don't do that.. make sure to do this... drives me crazy.
I should hopefully hear about the librarian assistant job next week. I hope I can at least get an interview. I think the job would be perfect for me. Please say a prayer.
Anyway, not much else going on. Just maintaining.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  12:40:25 AM  Show Profile
Well Teacher Tammy... I am glad you heard my Porch Bell Ringing girlfriend! And thanks for coming on the Porch and blessen us!
I am thrilled for you...that you get some mama time and that you get to go hear Beth Moore. I have taught all of her studies
and seen her in person once and it just blessed my socks off. She is a hoot but also a very good spiritual leader for
women. I love her to pieces. ENJOY! You even have permission to be off The Porch for that! lol

Elaine...that tornado sounded a bit close for comfort. Wowsie! ~ Well my DH had a much better day today...as it was his birthday! And
he got spoiled rotten! He loved all the attention and the gifts and just being thankful to be alive after yesterdays work-out. lol

Megan...darlen, you know we love you to pieces and we are soooo blessed that you want to be with us. You keep us young at heart and I hope
we give you a little bit of encouragement and sage advice. Do you know if Hannah is still on any of the other threads? I miss her too but haven't seen her around for awhile. ~ That was nice that you got a day off from baby-sitting. I did a lot of that when I was in High
School. That is how I made money to buy my own school clothes etc. My parents could buy them for me...but If I used my own money I could spend more for each individual item...therefore getting a little bit nicer cloths and not having to listen to my mother tell me what I could or couldn't buy. We didn't agree very much on those sorts of things. She was way too practical for me...lol

Melanie...have you ever thought about incorperating scripture with your own thoughts...for your vows? I used 1 Corith. 13: NIV (the love chapter) and after each verse...I told my husband how I was going to manifest that into our marriage. Just a suggestiion. Also Ruth's words to Naomi (in the book of Ruth) could be used the same way. My Husband not only gave me my wedding rings...but he gave me a beautiful gold watch with a diamond for the number 12 and told me that ...it would represent his love for me for all time and eternity. In 26 yrs I have bought many other watches...but I still have that one...and always will.

Deb...it is so true that many times bad things happen in three's. You proved it last week. Poor girl!
But I am rejoicing with you, that this week is looking up! Yeah, I hear you on the Man Macho too. lol
They do have to learn the hard way it seems.

Bunny...glad you heard The Porch bell too. It might seem like nothing much is happening to share...but we
all find it wonderful just to have the chit chat with you. Oh, that is funny about your mom and the lawn
guy. If he did a good job...even if it only took him half an hour...then he is well worth it! She sounds like
my mom...she just doesn't want to part with the money...but she can no longer do it herself either. My mom
hasn't fired the guy...she just gripes about how much he charges every time he comes. lol ~ That is cool
that you are teaching a kids class. And two kids will be nice1 My girlfriend just started teaching her grand-daughters
how to sew. They are 6 and 5. The six year old made a skirt...her first project and she did a great job on it.
I saw her in it today at our crafting group. Grandma was very proud of her too and all of us ladies oohed and awed and
honestly were quite impressed! ~ I will be praying about the Library Job for you. Keep us posted.

Well girls off to my book...

Sweet Dreams,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  04:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Bunny I said a prayer for you also. I love libraries. Its one of my "safe havens" from lifes chaos.Our town had good news this week. The empty medical building has been donated by the hospital no strings attached for use as a library. We have one but in a very small space so this is exciting. Thank you for the warm welcome girls. I was thinking as I read I was glad this was online because I would get so fat (should say fatter) eating all the yummies you all bring.lol.Peg I love the quote under your name. Can I use that in my beauty shop?Megan my daughter has a girl cousin like that also. You feel more of a sister relationship than cousins huh? I am so glad the weekend is here! almost lol. Kids go to church camp mon. for a week and my hubby and I cant take off work but in the evenings we can go for rides that dont contain "are we there yet?" "he's on my side", "how much longer" etc. I love them and am starting to realize how fast this time is flying by but will enjoy a bit of "me time". Well need to run and get ready for work. Have a great day everyone. We are suppose to have showers/storms today. Will see.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page