Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  05:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Awe... I must confess something after reading about all the car troubles, LadyBugs. Peggy, I would have opted to put the battery in myself before paying the guy $50 too. Like your hubby I've changed my fair share of batteries, but still there's always that chance of making a mistake. So I guess men aren't the only stubborn beings in this world. Shhhh don't tell my honey. LOL Yes I was thinking of adding scripture to our wedding vows. Thank you for mentioning Corinthians. That was exactly what I was trying to think of. My inability to focus lately has me all rattled.

Bunny~ Praying for good news from the job. I would tell you that mowing the yard isn't that hard and really it's not once you get the mower started. But if you're like me and tend to be cursed when it comes to any kind of yard equipment, the lawn care guy will seem like an angel. I wish I could afford to hire someone for our yard, but they charge quite a bit more than $30 around here. My son does the mowing now, but I'm still the one who has to fight with it if it breaks.

Megan~ How sweet of you to help with your cousins. But definately take a little break from time to time. Always need to have a little you time to keep the balance.

It's time to go to work. I am so glad it is Friday. I could really use a couple of days off. Have a blessed day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  07:35:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA Peggy. Life's been crazy, and not in a good way.

Here's a quick rundown.

DD's pregnancy isn't goin real great, she's havin major problems and losin wieght.

Hubby's job is gettin wierd, they laid off 2 guys, he's not gettin to work every day, and 1 of the guys told him they just made him switch to commision which cut his pay in half.

The truck won't start and the car is overheatin for a reason noone can figure out, even 2 mechanics, so hubby has to ride the motorcycle rain or shine to work.

The garden has only been about 1/4 planted and a bunch of that got eaten by something the last 2 days.

We've been dog-sittin for over 3 months now when it was only supposed to be for 2 weeks, and we've bought all the food because the person keeps claimin to need his money for apartment huntin and deposits. Yeah right!

The baby has been dealin with an ear ache and then fell from the balance issue and chipped her tooth. She hasn't slept a full night in almost 2 weeks.

I had to take Hubby to an immediate dentist last week because he broke the root to a tooth in half and they pulled most of it, but I have to take him in for dental surgery next week to remove the rest. He's terrified as it's his first dentist trip and his first surgery. He might be a full grown man, but right now he's actin like a total baby.

I'm tryin to totally redo the house to make things work better for the new lifestyle I'm workin towards. I want us to be more self-sufficient and healthier and more natural.

Then, 3 nights ago, things really blew up. Hubby and I got into a huge fight, worse than we have ever had. We really got completely out of control. I had most of my and the kids stuff packed before the screamin stopped. It did some major damage to both of us and to our marriage. I don't know for sure what it's gonna take to heal this. He pushed buttons and said things I haven't heard in 15 years since my exhusband. I was pushed to the point that I started callin him names and sayin things to try to hurt him, which I have never done. He said he realized things had gone too far when I walked out the door with a bag of clothes and called him j**k*ss over my shoulder.

We've been up till 1 or 2 every night since tryin to talk out everything. After a fiance who treated me like dirt and cheated on me, then a husband who tried to destroy me emotionally and almost got me arrested for harboring a known felon, I decided I would never be treated like that or live with someone I didn't know everything about agian. I felt like I was reliving some of my past only it was worse, much worse. This was my best friend since high school sayin these things to me.

I feel like life has been slowly beatin me down and the fight was kinda the last blow. I just have been hidin from everything and lickin my wounds for a while now. The last few nights I've been curled up on the couch with whatever sweets were stockpiled in the freezer and netflix movies tryin to forget everything.

Sorry I haven't any good news to report, but I have been checkin in and keepin up with everyone. I just didn't feel like I had anything to add that wasn't gonna bring everyone down.

I'll check back in a few days. Things should be goin better by then, it can't be much worse.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Jun 24 2011 07:40:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  07:45:06 AM  Show Profile
I just got a call from my DD's boyfriend's mother. He's in the hospital. Now I've gotta run to town and try to help them deal with whatever is goin on with him. They said his bloodsugar was 640 and he was disoriented and couldn't walk on his own. They are testin him for pancreatic failure and cancer. They can't believe someone his age has numbers that high.

I'll let you know what they decide. Pray he is okay please!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this lousy stuff. Feel free to vent! Sometimes just getting it all out with no backlash is good. We all understand and have been there. Marriage is hard work. But think carefully about what it means to be alone. Financially and emotionally. I wish I had stayed with my last husband a little longer and planned a better before I left.
I know everyone will say a prayer for your DD and her boyfriend. Hang in there.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  10:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way, Angela. Bunny is right. Maybe the news we have to share with each other isn't always positive, but you can always come here and talk to us. We all love you! Now you gotta promise, no more bottling things up. It's not good for you and sometimes you just got to let it out. We are always here with hugs, prayers and of course CHOCOLATE!

{{HUGS}} Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  11:39:42 AM  Show Profile
YEAH....What Bunny & Melanie said!!! And LOTS of Hugs & Chocolate!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  2:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Angela~ It is easier to forgive someone for what they have said in anger than it is to forget what they said. I agree with Bunny - try to work through things because right now to be alone out there it is scary, emotionally and financially. I've been married for going on 23 years and we've had about 4 of those types of fights. I found it easier to forgive than forget. Even now some of the things that were said in anger pop into my head. It can be self defeating. Anyway, in my rambling way, I guess I'm trying to say that it's part of the ups and downs of marriage. Sometimes the down parts are really low. Just know that we are all here for you - good news or bad!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  3:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Angela...you absolutely cannot be holden that stuff in or you are going to have a heart attack again. Listen girl...this is FREE
THERAPY HERE! And I am not joking either. I was A Women's Counselor and all these sisters have been through life's ups and
downs too. We are all part of the 'walking wounded'...just because you have faith and believe in a just and loving God does not
mean you will go through life untouched from troubles. In fact Jesus pretty much tells us we can expect them but not to fear
because he has overcome the World. He is there for you and He has put you amongst all these women for moral support.
Nobody and I do mean nobody has perfect lives. We need God first and each other second. And women need other women to vent to,
to get advice from, and to listen to. Every Marriage no matter how good or bad has really jagged-edged rocky points. And just
like Elaine said...you can forgive someone else...but it is hard to erase words once they are vomitted out and spewed all over.
So, when you fight...fight fair...and keep that in mind. The old rhymne we learned as kids, "Sticks and Stones will break my bones,
but words will never hurt me." Is a bald faced lie. So don't be spewing words in anger just to hurt the other person...because those
words will wound for ever. You never forget them...even if you forgive the person. A good fight can clear the air and make things
better IF you learn to fight fair and above the belt so to speak. Google-Rules for Couples Fighting Fairly and see what comes up. And above all...you two grown ups are hurting the children. They hear way too much and internalize it as somehow their fault.
Probably sitting down and watching Netflicks and Vegging out was good for you because it helped take your mind off of the problems for
awhile and helped you decompress. Make more "ME TIME" for yourself. Because if a Marriage is at risk...all facets of your life are
at risk too. Your children's emotional well being, yours and hubbies emotional well being, all your families physical well being, and your
spiritual well being. Remember TIME is a great healer. When things look horrid one day by the next morning...it doesn't look hopeless anymore.

Most Marriages suffer and fail when one or more parties is being selfish in the relationship.
SELFISHNESS (wanting ones own way above everyone elses) is the number one cause of fights and failures in marriage. Ask yourself if you are being selfish and whether or not you can compromise. Hubby should ask himself the same question. Then talk out your answers.

We love you girl...let us be there for you!

Great advice from all you girls!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 24 2011 3:19:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  4:14:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear of all the things happening in your life Angela. Maybe that's why you and your husband got into that big fight. Maybe it's all the stress you're each feeling over your DD's pregnancy and how they are cutting so much at your husband's work. Next time you two talk try to find out what's at the root of all this fighting. Sometimes people fight about this, that, and the other, but the real issue is something else. He may be feeling very insecure about his job and being able to provide. He may have thoughts that you'd leave if he lost his job. He may feel helpless with your DD's situation. He may be acting out because of those thoughts.

Well, we got the broken lawn mower fixed. I told DH he should become a lawn mower repair man. The bill says he charges $65 an hour for labor. Luckily it only took a half hour.

I bought the beginning set up for a rain/water collection barrel. I'm going to go set up the area and cement blocks in a minute.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  5:32:30 PM  Show Profile
oh angela i'm praying for you and your family that the broken things can be mended the bad things thrown out the good things get better and life slows down enough to caught your breathe just keep breathing
slowly ..we are all here for you honey..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Jun 24 2011 5:33:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  10:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Bunny, glad to see you here again:) I'm glad that things are doing well for you!
Angela, I'm so sorry that you're down on luck right now. But like all of our sisters are saying, never hesitate to vent to us! That's what we're here for:) I definitely am not a relationship expert, but I will tell you to make sure not to lose your faith. I have gone off the path a few times, but once I've gotten back, it's been so good for my happiness. We love you!
Peggy and everyone else on the thread, I love being here, and I'm so lucky to have such wise women in my life.
Today was another day of babysitting, and tomorrow I have a quincenara to attend with all of my friends! I hope everyone has a good weekend!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  10:25:07 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are dealing with right now. I will be praying.
Peggy, some great advice! Love you, girl!!
I haven't been on very much at all since the last time I was on (seems like a pattern) but life here is crazy too.
Please be in prayer for my son-in-law (38 yrs. old) as he has been diagnosed this week with testicular cancer. He is to have surgery Monday and possibly might have to have another surgery as well as chemo and/or radiation. Also, about a week ago they found out that they were expecting number 4 (planned, but the cancer certainly wasn't). He thought he had hurt his back and went to the chiropractor about two weeks ago yesterday. Within about 3 hours, he had to go to the ER. They thought he had kidney stones and he had a CT the next day to confirm the stones, etc. There were no stones, only enlarged lymph nodes. The originally thought it might be lymphoma. They did a biopsy a week later and has had numerous tests since and this is the diagnosis.
Pray for me too because when tests and surgery, I am the sole caretaker of 6 kids. I am not nearly as young as I use to be!!!!!

Thanks for your prayers, they mean a lot!

I left a big bowl of fresh blueberries for all to enjoy!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  07:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Angela I too prayed for you. My brother and his wife are divorcing after 27 years. I dont have any wise advise for you except a huge AMEN to what Peggy wrote. My hubby and I will celebrate 25 next month and I would do it all over again. Nothing good comes easy.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  08:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Janet, that is scary about your Son in law.. I hope everything gets better for him and you.. 6 kids sound like lots of work.

Well today is my last day working for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll have kids to teach at the sewing machine shop. I got a call yesterday that two more kids signed up. That means more money thankfully. One mom said if her daughter does well she will sign her up for the next week. Now I'm trying to write my pattern directions for Accuquilt. I can't find a template in Word or publisher that will work. I spend all last night trying to find one that will do everything I need. Oh for the days of Pagemaker on my Mac. I wish I could do more sewing and less futzing on the computer. Anyway, I'll find something. I only work until 4pm today. Its been pretty slow at work. I made one medium size quilt 2 small quilts and a zipper bag. I hate to be bored at work! She wants me to just sew all day. But every time I take fabric off the bolt.. money is lost. She doesn't realize it doesn't matter how many quilts are on the wall for inspiration if no one is coming in. But if she wants me to sew... that's what I do. Really hoping for the library job.
Anyway, I hope things go well for everyone having stressful lives this week. Hang in there.. take one day at a time.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  3:23:49 PM  Show Profile

I thought I would post some pictures of the beautiful scenery from my kayak trip today. My mom, dada and I met my brother's family in Toms River(where they live) and we went kayaking down Cedar Creek. It was so peaceful and beautiful. At one point i thought of you all and wished for the peacefulness I flt at that moment to be given to you. I hope it worked (even if for a moment).
I was tired after the three hour paddle but I had to drive myself home, well, because as you can see - there wasn't much room for anyone else in my car(LOL)

My neighbors were laughing at me saying i could fit anything in that small car. I told them that my car was like Mary Poppins handbag - you never know what is going to come out of it!

I hope I gave you all a chuckle today!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  6:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Very funny Elaine. I sure give those guys at Lowe's a run for their money when they say something can't fit and I say it sure will. I didn't drive all the way down here for it not to. I love the pictures.

I had a pity party today. Told DH that I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel and pedaling my heart out but nothing is getting done. I'm just frustrated we are still working on the same projects from a month ago and they are still not getting done.

We brought the fixed lawn mower home and took it out. Guess what? It won't start. I'm a lose my mind! I told DH why, WHY didn't we have them start it before we loaded it and dragged it all the way home. Now we have to turn around and take it all the way back. See what I mean about trying to finish a project and it just seems to be one obstacle after another.

My bright spot for the day: Made the avacado icecream recipe from the magazine. It's wonderful! It will need to freeze overnight for us since I made it late. DH is excited to try the strawberry icecream. I'm happy that we'll be making icecream without chemicals in it.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  7:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Elaine...loved your pictures girl! Never tell us women that something won't fit where we want it to be. LOL
And I have to say that your little prayer for peacefulness was felt all the way out here in Washington State...
because my DH took me to dinner at a Rest. on The River and we sat outside and watched all the sail-boats
out on the water and it was so relaxing and peaceful, I told my DH it felt like we were on a little Mini-
Vacation. We sat and lingered over our meal for a couple of hours...just people watching,eating, and enjoying
God's Beautiful Creation. And it was a glorious day!...So, glad you also enjoyed water, family and kyacking today.

Janet...still praying for your son-in-law but it sounds like his condition has gone from bad to worse. I know
that God has a plan for everything (even illness) but it is sure hard to watch loved ones struggling against
something sooooo difficult. Praying that you and Larry are given extra strength through all of this. I don't know
how you cope as well as you do under normal circumstances let alone this. I love you girlfriend, {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}
coming your way.

Julie...sooo sorry about your unfinished projects frustrations. Oh, my goodness...didn't you want to pull out your
hair...when you found the lawn mower didn't work. That so stinks! I'm praying for a bit of that 'Peacefulness' for
you and your DH. Even 2 hours can make all the difference in the world and make the World look like a happier, nicer,
and more joyful place to be. Tell hubby that you all need to pack a picnic lunch tomorrow and go down by some water.
It will refresh your souls. ~ Does the ice cream taste like avacado's???? I thought I might make some too.

Bunny...that is cool that you got some more kids signed up for your class. Sounds like you have had a few frustrations
too looking for templates. That is rather odd that your boss just wants you to sew at work so she has quilt projects
for her walls. You could so do that from home couldn't you? Maybe if you get the Library job...you could just sew stuff
from home and sell to the Guilt Shop owner. lol Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Well, I am off to knit for awhile. Left you all a lb cake with fresh strawterries & whip cream...to make yourselves some
strawberry short cake. And tall glasses of Sweet Tea.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  8:44:52 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, I loved the pictures of your car. It reminded me of my little Chevy Sprint I had in the 80's...it could hold so much even used it to move a few times. I needed a laugh and you gave it to me.

I spent the evening with friends over great food, fellowship and fireworks. It was a lovely evening until we got home and I picked up the paper only to read that the owner of our local airport, Smith Field, was killed along with his second wife and his son was critically injured. I worked at the airport and was in shock when tragedy struck in 2003. Dr. Hatch was a wonderful man but this is an es[ecoa;;u horrible tragedy...in 2003 his first wife and 2 of their 3 children were killed in a plane crash and the surviving son was injured and Dr. Hatch was severely burned. Now the survivor, Austen, is fighting for his life. The whole Fort Wayne community is in mourning. Please offer prayers up for Austin.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  9:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, nice pictures. What a wonderful way to spend the day. Love that the kayak fit inside the car.
Nancy, what a tragedy for your town. I hope his son pulls through.
Peggy, sounds like your dinner was a real treat. Sounds nice and peaceful. Glad hubby is feeling better.

Well I finally figured out my pattern writing format. I know it is probably boring to you guys but it is crucial for my business. I'm so glad I figured it out. I've decided if I get the moving money from my house selling and I don't get the library job, I'm going to go to school this fall. The money will give me time to do it. I have been wanting to go back to school but something always gets in the way. I'll qualify for financial aid and I'll have money to pay my bills.. so no excuses. I can still teach classes for extra money. Watch, now I'll get the library job!

Thank you to Luanne and Judy for my birthday cards. You guys are great. I'm so bad at birthdays. Anyway, thank you big time!

Angela, hope you are doing better. You are in my thoughts tonight!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  10:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Nancy~ Sending prayers. I saw a little something about the crash on the news this evening.

Janet~ Praying for you and your family too.

Well girlfriends, we are getting ready for a storm to roll through. Looks like it could be a little nasty. I'm not sure if some of our northern Indiana gals are in it's path, but please stay safe. My DD's are staying the night with my sister tonight so it's just me and DS.

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  05:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - We didn't get the storm up hear. I hope things weren't too bad down your way.

Bunny - Good luck with school. I'm sure it will be time spent that you'll never regret.

All of my sister porch-sitters...may your pains be brief and you joys last forever.

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  05:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I've missed so much. Angela-I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. Hang in there and remember that you have friends and good thoughts coming from all over the world.

I'm not going to go into why I've been MIA so much-let's just say I hate when life gets in the way of me having some fun and downtime. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember that even if I'm not here every day to let you know how much I care and think about you-I do.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  11:37:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

My DD's boyfriend has been diagnosed as type 1 diabetic. He's 18 and never been even tested for it. His mother is havin a fit, he's so depessed, and my DD is very confused. She has quite a few family members who have diabetes and so does he. She can't figure out why this is such a big deal. She is tryin to explain to him how most of our family has fought it and came out on the decent side without major issues.

Some people can't deal with problems or challenges.

I'm just too tired and dealin with enough of my own problems to take on his as well. He's just got to man up and relearn how to cook and order from a menu. It's not a big deal! I've been doin it for years and so has A LOT of people.

My house is upside down right now. I have begun tearin the place apart one room at a time. I have actually removed everything from my 10y/o's room and shampooed the floor and then put the furniture back. My DD is tryin on every item of clothing she has to see what needs to go. I have gotten the books back on the bookcase, but all the toys, knick knacks, pictures, and stuff still needs to be sorted and reduced.

I have found it makes me feel a little better to have something to really focus on. Hubby and I are still tryin to talk through everything, but we are takin it in short spells so we don't let things get out of hand.

I'm off to finish the sortin and cleanin. I have to get my kitchen back in time to make a quick dinner.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  1:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Nancy...that is awful about the crash. And to have something similar happen twice in ones life is beyond bazzaire!~I think you were the one who asked if you could use my little saying under my name, in your beauty shop...absolutely!

Elaine...I am still chucklen over that kyack in your car. We women are amazing!

Pam...goodness girl it was good to hear from you. We miss you!

This afternoon we are going to a Graduation Party for my DH's bosses daughter. I don't really like shindigs
like this...but I am going. Even though I am a "people person" once I came down with Fibro...I don't like
to socialize in big crowds. It all seems to stress me out. But sometimes I just have to force myself to do
what now feels uncomfortable. My husband is introverted...so that will be my saving grace...as he likes
crowds even less than I do...so, I know we won't stay too terribly long.

I will check back later to see how everyone's day went.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  2:07:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello and God's Blessings on you all, especially those of you with heavy hearts and huge burdens. He cares for you and yours! I will keep you in my prayers...all of you.
Elaine...thank you for sharing the pics. I felt like I was right there on those quiet waters gliding along with you and hearing the birds in the trees and feeling the breeze on my face. Thanks again. I enjoyed my virtual trip!
We've actually had about 4 days without rain. It's been cool and gray like it wants to rain so bad...but has run out of water.lol
I hope so....for awhile anyhow. We either have 95 with blazing sun or 77 and gray. I hate to think about it but we're due for another few days of the 95/sun/humidity. June is a hard month to endure those sweltering temps. We are ok with it in late July and August. But like everyone else has been saying, the weather has been so strange this year.
Well, I'm off to take a walk. Need a change of scenery.
Oh, I don't have to go to jury duty tomorrow. Yeaaaa! But I do need to take my car in to get that gear-shift fixed tomorrow. Then tomorrow night I have to call in to see about jury duty for Tuesday.
Toodles for now!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page