Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  2:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Gotta chime in on the meds comments! As a pharmacist, I'm always amazed at how many people don't know why they are taking the pills they're taking, nor to they want to listen to me when I counsel at the window. They always say, "my Dr. already told me about it". So I'll throw in a random but important fact that I know most physicians do not tell the patient. Then I get their attention. Worse than that, too many people look to a pill to solve their problems instead of looking at what the cause of the problem is. But pills are easier than doing the hard work to avoid going on them to begin with. Hard to believe that I'm a pharmacist that hates pills! I just think modern medicine has a very important role in helping people live a better and healthier life, but it is not the answer to every problem. Scarier still is how often mistakes are made (by everyone in the medical profession), and if the patient isn't paying attention, their life could be on the line. well, enough of my soapbox.

Bunny-so excited for your new opportunity!!!

Staci-positive thought sent your way for your hubby's job opportunity

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  3:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dana, you go girl! I was wondering if you would tell it like it is.

For sure there are mistakes made by everyone involved with taking care of the patient. That is very scarey. I could tell you story after story of the things I've seen done by others. Oh and you can count on getting a prescription if your doc says, "Do you have a prescription plan?" Also you can get any test you want from some doctors as long as you have some kind of insurance. Too many tests! Remember, Just because people have impressive initials behind their names doesn't mean they are the sharpest tool in the shed! Don't be afraid to speak for yourself. If you don't, who will? Every pill has it's place when needed and thank God we have them. Funny how the phamacist and nurse are pretty much advocating for less pills. Maybe we know a thing or 2!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  9:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Been a busy past couple of days!
Peggy, I got my pattern off of the Caps for Good website. It's really easy, and I can make them within an hour or so.
Bunny, thank you! I try to keep up!
Staci, prayers for your husband!
Well, the past few days have boosted my confidence as a writer! I have published and continued to write a fanfiction, and I continue to get emails that so and so added your story to their favorites list or they subscribed to your story. That makes me so happy! I could just jump up and down over and over again! Then today, all of the art classes went to the Milwaukee Art Museum, which was a lot of fun. If a Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit comes to your town, see it! It was really interesting to see all of his drawings, and he was really into sustainability. And, he's from Wisconsin! I learn new things everyday! Okay, love to my porchies!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  01:00:44 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...what a long day! Great to see so many on the Porch. I got up early this morning [like 4:30] because hubby woke up early, which woke up both dogs, which woke me up to take the two on four legs out to go potty. Then I had a morning Dr.'s appointment on top of that and while in my Dr.'s waiting room, I had to prepare my Bible Study for tomorrow night, then I came home and did some light house work and took a looooong nap. Finished Bible Study tonight...and I just can't believe tomorrow is Thurs. already and the last day of March to boot. Some how March blew through on the winds and I missed it some how. LOL But if it will blow Spring into the North West I will be a happy gardener! ~ The dogs are starting to play more together. My female still has a problem sharing. She is very territorial when it comes to her dog food and her dog-bones but she wants hers and the puppies. She did this with our older dog too and she would go for the jugular to get what she wanted. She is a very alpha-female. ~ I did get my Mail-Art finished today...so, I accomplished something important (to me anyway)...and this week I have gotten caught up on all my correspondence with friends and pen-pals. ~ Think I will keep this short and sweet tonight and go read and have a cuppa tea. I so need to order so more Mocha Chocolate Kiss Tea. Yummo!
It gives me my choc. and tea fix in one fell swoop! Wonderful!

Hey, Good advice Ladies on Marriages and Medications! We do get into some really interesting discussions huh?

Love and Sweet Dreams To You All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 31 2011 01:09:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good moring everyone! I'm not tired of all of your advice. I treasure it. This is one of the few places I have to come to for advice. I don't have many girlfriends close. My last marriage (the kids' dad) was horrible and I don't want another. Not that I think my guy would be bad in the way my ex was. But I have been questioning whether or not we will be happy together. I had an idea with the house the other day- to get estimates for the work that really needs to be done right away like the upstairs finished, windows, siding and heating/cooling system and checking into a home improvement loan. So I ran this by Jeremy. He's trying to avoid the conversation, but I've had enough of his running from things that need to be discussed.

Meds~ My son has started seeing a therapist a couple of weeks ago. The therapist said he has a defiant disorder. I can't remember now exactly what he called it and ADHD. The ADHD is mostly for an attention issue. The only time he really has a problem focusing his attention is when he is reading. If there is a lot of background noise he can't concentrate. This doctor wants him on some kind of pill so he can focus. Matt has a heart condition he's had since birth and takes and bp med to help keep from having surgery and a lot of those adhd meds he can't take. I told thta doctor he's NOT going to take and pill. I mean as long as everyone leaves the room and Matt has peace and quiet to read or someone to read it to him, he does just fine.

Oh poo I'm outta time. I'll be back later. Have a great day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  06:14:49 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, have you tried ear plugs for Matt to block out the noise? They have no side-effects and a much lower cost. They're worth a try.

Have any of you gals had to find the right policy and apply for Medicare plans? I used to work in the medical and insurance industry and understand all the mumbo-jumbo but my Lord...drug costs, co-pays, Advantage plans, Drug only plans, supplimental plans, Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D! It's enough to make your head spin!!! I finally have made a choice that fits our budget and medical history. As a courtesy, I contacted an insurance rep from another company who's been very "helpful" but agressive and was told I was foolish and she hopes I don't regret my choice but she was certain I will and soon. I thanked her for her interest and "caring attitude" and hung up. It has taken two full days and hours on the computer and phone that would have been a whole lot more fun sitting on the porch. I need a cup of tea, a hug and one big atta-girl pat on the back for getting it done and not killing anyone in the process. Keith concurs with my choice and that's validation enough but a girl friend hug would still be welcomed.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  06:18:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy!

Here's that big HUG for you! I haven't gone through this with Medicare yet, but I've been on the phone and computer the last couple of days trying to figure out my income taxes. My company started a Health Savings Account this year, and the IRS reporting for it is a nightmare of forms. I hate to break down and go to an accountant or H & R Block, but I may have to. Why does our government have to make everything so difficult?!?!?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  06:21:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I know I have been MIA lately, however, am trying to keep up with the exchanges. May is my month for tea bag exchange and I am ready. For those of you participating in the exchange, please send me your addresses.

I need to say thank you for my tea and ornament. I know I have been terrible keeping up on the thank yous. Alot has been going on.

To make it short but sweet. The doctors have found a large tumor in my back and my L5 disc is degenerating causing a lot of pain. I am going to be leaving my job April 29 and work on getting better.

Hope to be more visible at that time.

Again... ready to go on May Tea exchange so please send me your addresses.

Thanks

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  06:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, thanks for the hug!

Theresa, I've been away from the porch for ages and need an explanation for the Tea exchange. I'd love to join. Also, my prayers are with you as you heal from your back problems. Hubby had a triple fusion 4 weeks ago and I understand how painful such conditions can be. Please keep us posted on your progress.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  08:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
April is my month for tea! Yahoo! I'm hoping I can find a great Easter tea to share with everyone. Still raining, still crazy at work and still needing down time...not much has changed. LOL! Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  11:38:14 AM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
well its a wonderful rainy day here with snow on the way...LOL don't you just love spring...
planted my peas cleaned up all the beds i'm ready ...BTY we all decided to put my MIL in a nursing home as she is beyond anyones care giving and a danger to have around for all including herself.thank the lord.
pam i love tea so anything you come up with will be wonderful..hoping to be included
nancy prayers for dhs speedy recovery
Theresa how awful hugs and prayers sweetie ...
miss peggy snickers is just too too cute..i'd probably spoil him rotten lol
angela so sorry about your greenhouse..but i'm sure with the chicks and ducks you'll have plenty to do
melanie love the hutch what an adorable kitchen i am liking the yellow too.
megan KUDOS on getting published..you rock..
judy i know how you feel ..its like oh no not more snow what kind of joke is this...lol
well thats it for now i'm on my way to a scottish dinner fish and chip old style i bring some back..
hugs and prayers for all
blessings deborah
Yesterday the twig was brown and bare;
To-day the glint of green is there;
Tomorrow will be leaflets spare;
I know no thing so wondrous fair,
No miracle so strangely rare.
I wonder what will next be there!
L. H. Bailey

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Mar 31 2011 11:39:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  12:17:35 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everyone. Well I didn't get the opticians job. They called today and let me know they hired someone else. Rats! There is a job fair this weekend and I will check that out. I'm worried about my office computer abilities though. I'm going to do some online education today with Lynda.com to see if I can brush up. The beauty parlor said I can put stuff there so I'm also working on that. Yea! Maybe I'll sell something and keep my head above water. My kitties are doing great wandering outside. I was so stressed they would head off to parts unknown. But I think there are so many scary sounds they seem to be staying close by. We did have a visit from an un-neutered male cat. He was kind enough to spray my kitty window. Thankfully it was easy to clean up this morning.. no more kitty spray smell. Peeee uuuuu. Anyway, still on the job hunt.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  01:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

Wow! Things change so much so fast around here. I want you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I try to stop by to read up on you all every day, but I don't have much time to post.

I had to help my DH's best friend move his family this week. They haven't been able to get a place to go to yet, so his kids are stayin some with his mom and some with his wife at the Ronald McDonald House. His newborn baby is in Riley Childrens Hospital right now. We are keepin his dog for him and storin some things for him.

We have 27 duck eggs on our kitchen table incubatin in a homemade incubator! Yea! I can't wait to see them start hatchin. We need ducks to get rid of the frogs in our pond. They are so loud you can't hear sittin on the porch at night. We had 11 wild ducks last year that got rid of them for us, but we want somethin to cut down the noise level.

I'll post a picture of our funny lookin incubator tomorrow night if I can get the picture thingy to work for me!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  04:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Sisters,
I find that I have a few extra minutes this morning, so I got caught up with some reading and have some extra time to post, all thanks to my 15 y.o. DD over sleeping. Her school has a policy that if you get to school after 1st period has started then you are not allowed into class but have to sit in the cafeteria until 2nd peeriod. So, instead of rushing out the door so that she can sit in the cafeteria, she is eating breakfast and I will get her to school in time for 2nd period.

I bought a jacket at the thrift store yesterday. The jacket reminds me of you all! It is very colorful weaving with chickens and sunflowers, lots of red, green, blue and yellow! I have the usual blacks, grays and browns for work, but at least once a week I have to wear lots of color- usually red. Anyway, the jacket reminds me of you all because I don't know anyone else who would wear something this colorful and country to the office.

Darlene- thank you for the lovely birthday package! I am bringing one of the tea bags to work for my afternoon tea time. I have a large rubber tree plant on my front bay window seat and I have been adorning it with the wonderful ornaments from my MJF sisters. For now the book mark is draped over a branch.

Peggy- Snickers is a cutie! Now you can have a daily snickers and not be concerned about any calories! Glad that the house training is going well. Our dog does not play well with other dogs. Because she is so nig we don't efen try to introduce her to other dogs any more.

Angela- you must have a lot of frogs to need that many ducks! Will you eat/sell their eggs? My mom raised cjickens when we wewre growing up. She kept them in incubators and brooders in a spare room off the kitchen until it warmed up outside in the springtime.

Debtea- love the Bailey poem! So true of springtime.

Meghan- thank you for the Caps for Good website. That may be something we can use at work, the folks we support love to make things and give them away.

I am interviewing strong candidate for the thrift store today. She has 10 years of thrift store management experience and wants this position because she believes in the mission and ministry of the store and my employer! I have been praying for a mission minded person! I love working in the store, but I already have a demanding fulltime job and church/community commitments.

Please pray for my grandson, 16 month old Joshie. On Tuesday he had an assessment for early interevention services and he has several developmental delays- speech, eating, walking, interacting, and possibly a sleep disorder.

Okay, gotta run off to drop DD off in time for 2 nd period then to work.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  09:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sharon:smw5011 is the April ornament maker this month. Email her your addresses if you are in this swap.

BD girl for April is Me on the 28th! Yeah and OMG all at the same time! I'm the old chick on here. And you all thought all the creaking was from the rockers! Just sayin!

Bunny~my daughter just was interviewed for a work at home job she was connected to from a reliable state source. She posted her resume on tuesday, interviewed thursday and is starting online training on monday. I will let you know more as I know it. Just a thought.

Back later. Made an early meal. Meatloaf and mac and cheese. Also stuffed peppers cooking for tomorrow. I'll bring some to the porch. Help yourselves. Going to throw a peach cobbler in the oven and then eat. Just saw it posted on another forum. If it's good you will get some too!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Edited by - HealingTouch on Apr 02 2011 7:28:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile
I apologize for the numerous typos in my previous post. I am using an iPad for posting and there is no way to review the post for spell checking before posting. I thought that by typing slower I would catch the errors, but I was wrong. I can't edit in preview mode either.

Are any of you PA and NJ girls getting the snow this weekend? We just have rain.

Blessings to you all.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  07:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lida~ We got a little snow shower yesterday but this weekend iit is supposed tobe sunny and in the 50s(hooray)!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

embchicken.blospot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  2:16:20 PM  Show Profile
To the girls interested in the "TeaBags" Tea-Swap....we had a swapping of names back in December and picked someone to send out tea each month. The swap is closed. Sorry that you missed it...BUT...if you new gals want to start another one ...go ahead. I didn't realize how many girls would be interested in it. It was the first swap I ever set up. Tea is such a wonderful thing...I just love it!
Dana, I'm glad you spoke up. Amen Girl! Being a retired RxTech, I was avoiding saying anything for fear that I would write a "Book"....and nobody wants to read that. LOL Being an Herbalist, I too would rather people listen to their bodies and find out what the problem is. I use to tell people that pills were meant for temporary use, not to be taken forever. But people want a cure NOW and aren't willing to put in the effort or time to discover what really is the underlying problem. ....woops....there I go with the "Book." Time to stop...before I can't.
Lida, I would love to see that jacket. Sounds "Spunky" to me!
Angela, I can't imagine having THAT many frogs. I like frogs &toads....but not THAT many! Can't wait to see your incubator.
Well, it's 45/gray/cold wind/some sprinkles today. I need hot tea! ;P

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 05 2011 10:59:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  4:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody! I'm supposed to be relaxing this weekend but so far its been racing around getting things caught up (sigh). We ran to Costco to fill my gas tank and to get some yeast so I could do some backing but discovered the store was closed. Thankfully the gas station was open so it wasn't a total waste of a trip. I did see a beautiful rainbow though. Wish I'd had my camera with me.

Judy - Yes, Netflix has a lot of british comedies and shows. Do you have a favorite british comedy or show? My uncle tortured me as a kid growing up making me watch british shows on the weekends when I spent the weekends with my grandma. I didn't get the humor back then but have learned to enjoy it now. My fiance originally thought Doc Martin was a bit dry but now he's watched a couple and has gotten the humor he is really enjoying them with me.

Meghan - did you know there are several Franklin Lloyd Wright houses here in Michigan? One of the lawyers I use to work for is writing a book about them and I helped him occasionally with it. There's also a museum I believe in Chicago. There's one house you can actually rent. His parents rented it for him for his honeymoon.

Angela - I'm so jealous! One of these days we'll get a place I can ducks and chickens.

Tomorrow I've volunteered to help chaperone 4 teenage girls for breakfast and then to get their nails done. My friend's daughter turned 15 today so she's having a party and sleep over with breakfast and nails tomorrow. Her daughter talks like an 80's valley girl for those of you old enough to remember them. Every other statment is "Like Oh my God" (with the valley girl accent) LOL Thankfully I have a 90 minute massage Monday to help me recover :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  8:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Here's a picture of our strange homemade incubator...

It's just temporary. We have the plans to make one out of a glass aquarium that will be much nicer and will maintain the humidity a lot better. I'm goin over to my mom's in the mornin to pick up my old aquarium. Then it'll be a lot easier to deal with.

I worry over those silly eggs like I'm the one who laid them!

Quack! Quack! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  9:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! It's been busy busy here!
Lida, I'm glad I could be of help. It's a really great cause, and it's so fun to make the caps!
Deb, thank you so much! It's a really great way to practice my writing and it's fun too!
RFM Tammy, now I want to find that house and stay in it!
Praying for everyone here!
So today was a lot of fun for me. Last night I spent the night at my friend's house, and today she had a dance competition. She's an Irish dancer, so it was cool for me because I've never seen Irish dancing up close before. If a show comes to your area, go see it! It is so amazing to watch. My friend placed in two of her five dances, and she was able to move up a level. I was so happy for her! I've also been keeping up my writing. I just can't believe that it's already April! Whew, time is flying fast!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  12:45:10 AM  Show Profile
Wow Darlene...It took me clear back to page #216 before I found Sharon's last post. Unless I missed a couple along the way. I kind of looked hit and miss. Hope she is still doing the ornament exchange. I sent her my address as you said. So, I guess...we will see huh?

Angela...that is one funny looking incubator...but hey if it works it works!! It looks like your
duckies have packed to go off on Vacation! lol

Megan...that is great that you went and supported your friend and her Irish Dancing. It is really
awesome to watch. So, can we read some of your writings? Are you blogging them somewhere? Would love to check your creativity out...I bet you are great at Word-smithing.

Judy...good Idea for the new girls to start a new Tea Swap. I hope someone takes that up as a challenge to do because we all know how much fun it has been so far for those of us who signed up.

Madame Butterfly...where have you flown off to? We are really missing you. Did you break a wing or run out of your favorite tea and so you're laying there all dehydrated and wrinkled? Are you still buried in snow??? Come back! Come back where ever you are!

Lida...don't worry about the spelling mistakes...we know you don't usually do that and even if you did, we could still figure it out! lol

Well girls...I am off to bed. Long day and bad weather. Hopefully I will make it to Church tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Day,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  09:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Well, it was sunny this morning. LOL! I feel so bad that I have been MIA lately. I miss you guys so much! I'm super excited that this is my month for tea. I can't wait! I hope there is a Easter tea to send out. I'm going to check it out today. I told Mark today that I want to dye eggs for Easter. What is everyone else doing for it? I always get an Easter Lilly too. This weekend has been crazy. Jujube hurt herself. We found blood on her doggy pillow and one side of her face was swollen. We gave her some aspirin and she seems to be okay. The swelling went down. If she is not better by tomorrow, we are gonna take her to the vet. I also had a horrible case of food poisoning and insomnia. I woke up at midnight and didn't go back to sleep until last night. It was horrible! I'm prone to anxiety attacks so, besides puking my guts out, not sleeping, I was having a panic attack. What fun ;)

I might try to do a craft show this summer. I am trying to get into it. If not, I will wait till the next one. I'm also wanting to enter some embroidery into the state fair.

Well, that's about it in my world...

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  09:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning! Ahh everyone's so busy. It is 71 outside all ready. We are supposed to get close to 80 today! YAY!!! But it won't last long as it's suppose to drop back down into the 40's and 50's next week.
So my guy has asked me to work up our budget so he can see what our bills will look like. I forget that it's not enough for him for me to tell him it will be ok and we can do this. He needs to see it in black and white. I have a good ballpark on the numbers but he's right. We need to be sure. So that's what's on my agenda for today.

I love to watch Irish dancing, Megan. It was nice of you to go and cheer on your friend.

Judy~ I would like to read your "book" sometime. I watched Foodmatters the other night on Netflix. Very interesting. Makes you think.

Angela~ love the incubator! LOL You are so creative! Have fun with your egg babies. :)

Well ladybugs, I'm off to go work on the budget.
Have a great day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  12:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon Porchies,
How are you all doing? Good I hope. I have been one busy madame butterfly lately. By the time evening has come I have just fallen into bed. School is very busy as we get ready to do our musical in a week. In two weeks my sons get confirmed. I can't believe they are to that special time in their faith journey. They grow up so fast.

I have been working in the yard and getting flower beds ready and explaining to hubby where I want a small garden this year. And to my surprise I have herbs coming back. I was so happy I nearly jumped right out of my shoes. So my wings did a happy flutter.

Angela love the incubator. so cute.

Peggy I am here...just been busy. What book you reading right now dear. You know my book mind is always on the hunt.

Can't wait Pam for the tea. I am sure it will be wonderful.

Well ladies, I am going to curl up with a cup of tea and relax. I will try not to be gone so long. I would hate the butterfly police to come hunt me down. But know even when I am not able to visit the porch you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I just love you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page