Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  05:22:49 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - I love Tazo teas too. Have you tried their chai tea concentrate? Totally addictive - like drinking a liquid oatmeal cookie. It's the same concentrate that Starbucks uses if you've ever had a chai tea there.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  05:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies -

It's been a really tough couple of days. My boyfriend (age 63) is critically ill with congestive heart failure, failing kidneys, and a fever/infection that the doctors have not yet been able to find the source of. If you could pray for him and the doctors who are trying to help him I would really appreciate it.

I may not be able to check in for a while, but knowing you are there is a big help.

Thanks,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  11:05:25 AM  Show Profile
Luanne...oh by goodness, that is so awful but if it gives you any hope...it is going around here too. Infection of the sac or lining around the heart and lungs. It sounds weird but three of four people that
I know of have that right now. I will definitely add your boyfriend to my prayer list. Take good care of
him girl...the Dr.s here don't seem to know what to do for people with this problem or even to know what is
causing it. It is crazy!

Blessings and prayers headed to His Throne on your behalf,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  11:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all~
Luanne-I am thinking about you and your BF. Healing vibes and prayers coming your way.

Bunny-when you get to Oregon,we will have to plan a meet up. I am always up for a little drive.

Welcome everyone! It's so good to have you here!

Peggy-Are you guys getting freezing rain? It's just rain here. It's a wonderful day to stay in, snuggle with the pups and stitch up I am at work.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  3:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy~ I haven't yet tried the chai tea concentrate yet, but I may have to next time I go to the store. :)

Luanne and PeggyAnn~ I'm sending up prayers for all your loved ones and the doctors taking care of them. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  4:42:57 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies!

Prayers to all of you facing illnesses with family and loved ones, want you all to know I'm thinking of you

Peggy-we are slowly on the mend, this one is definitely sticking around a while. Had to go in to work late because so many docs rounded later in the day and nursing asked me to come in and fill a bunch of orders. Guess I shouldn't complain too much with so many not able to find work,;I'm lucky my profession hasn't been hit as hard as many others.
Never thought of sharing the funny stuff the kids do, good idea!
I bought the kids these little stocking stuffers that play a little Christmas song and dispense candy, only problem was I didn't realize the candy comes out of their butt! So my three year old kept asking for reindeer poop...that one still makes me chuckle

My father FIL brought me a seed catalog from a company that does only heirloom seeds, nothing GMO or hybrid. I went crazy over it! I think I ordered about 50 different seeds and I for sure don't have a big enough garden at the moment. Hopefully we are going to start getting our property ready for a garden this summer. (We have alot of trees to clear before a garden goes in)

And national tea month! How did I not know! I'm a tea fanatic too. My all time favorite is an english tea called Ty-Phoo, so yummy. I've also gotten hooked on a Jasmine green tea by Bigalow (I think). I was super excited to get some teas in my Christmas cards from a few of the porch sisters, such a good idea to share such yummy little things!

talk to ya'll soon and welcome to the new porchies!!!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jan 05 2011 4:48:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  6:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I have been a tad MIA, as final exams are next week! But I just wanted to stop and say hi!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  7:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
HOw are you sweet things? Good I hope. It was a great first day with my butterflies. They were like did you miss us? I was like how could I not miss such sweet ones? They all had a great Christmas but decided it was time to come back and get on with it. I just laughed my head off at that! I am tired but it is a good tired. Always takes me a few days to get used to getting up again.

LuAnn praying for your sweet honey so sorry to hear he is sick.

Megan good luck on your exams

Welcome to all of you new ones. Make yourselves at home. We are a loving bunch of sisters.

I do have a prayer request. My dear sweet mama has pneumonia. she thought it was a cold. But she finally went to the dr and said it pneumonia. She is 64 and just a small thing and she has had trouble with this hanging on before. Thank you sweet sisters. I know the prayers will help.

Well time for tea and some quiet time with God before bed and of course a chapter in my latest book.

love and hugs to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  7:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters, new and old. Happy New Year to you all.

Luanne...My prayers for your BF and you. Scarey situation. This bug that is going around takes a nasty 3-4 weeks to leave. I am still coughing like crazy and feel bad off and on. At least he's in the hospital under close observation. Let me know if you need me. Is he in PMC or Geisinger? I'll help if I can.

Bunny...Keeping you and your journey in my prayers.

Peggy...Your GD stories were so cute. Aren't they just precious. Even better than when we had our own!LOL!

Tammy...Praying for your mother.

DD and SIL got me a coffee machine that makes 1 cup. OMG I love it. Now I'm addicted to it. It is so easy and no wasting coffee that doesn't get used. Awesome! I threw my big coffee pot out. I had company and it was faster to make everyone coffee 1 at a time.

Dana...I saw that candy dispenser and had to laugh when I saw it and again when you said it! Has your FIL settled down?

Remember if you are in the ornament swap email your address to Peggy. I'm already working on my ornament for next years swap and we don't even know if this will be a keeper!LOL!

You are all in my heart and prayers.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile
I was wonderin if I managed to miss the post about who was doin the ornament swap for this month? I don't recall seein it.

I am all alone tonight and it's wierd. My DH is at work, my oldest DD is at a friends for the night, and my middle DD is at her mamma's house takin care of her since her arm surgery. The baby is in bed and the house is quiet and empty. I'm just not sure what to do with myself with no one here to take care of.

I think I'm gonna get some lettuce seed and carrot seed started in the rest of the empty pots in my greenhouse. Then I think I'm gonna lay back on the couch and enjoy a cup of tea or something and watch some of the shows I've got recorded that are pilin up on the DVR.

Could you Ladies put my grandma on your prayer lists? She fell and broke her hip this morning and is gonna be in the hospital for a few days. They had to do surgery this afternoon and said she will need rehab and lots of help for a while. She's in her late 80's and so is my grandpa. He is talkin about movin in with my aunt cause he's afraid he won't be able to take care of her. It might not be a bad idea.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  9:50:00 PM  Show Profile
Darlene! LOL! I must have been typin when you posted! I asked about the swap as you were postin about it! Too funny!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  05:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Megan~ Good luck on your finals! I'm sure you will do fine!

Tammy and Angela~ Praying for your grandma and momma.

I thought I'd surprise the kids this morning with donuts from the bakery. We don't usually get up early enough to get their donuts. I made it just in the knick of time!
My sister's hair came out ok last night. It's very very red with like copper highlites. It's different. LOL I just hope she likes it.
Today I clean at the apartments. I have really been giving some thought to going back to school. I just don't have a clue what I'd like to do. What are some of things you all would consider doing if you are or were going to go back to school?
I finally figured out what I'd like to plant in my garden this year! Not much, just some basics. Now to learn what gets planted when and how and yadda yadda yadda. Yeah this is my first "garden". I used to just plant sunflowers and tomatoes when I was younger so this should be interesting.

Well ladies it's time to leave. Have a great day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  08:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody-

On line just for a quick update. BF is still in serious condition, but more stable. We almost lost him on Monday. He is some permanent heart and kidney damage as well as lung issues. We're taking it a day at a time at this point. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It's such a comfort to me to know you are there and praying for us.

Darlene - He is in CMC (Community Medical Center) in Scranton because his family doctor is affiliated there (Dr. Lisa Robertson from Clarks Summit). Thanks for asking. I sure hope you get to feeling better real soon too!

Gotta get back to the hospital - thanks again my friends.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  11:35:40 AM  Show Profile
OMGoodness! I can't believe all the prayer requests I've missed just since the 4th when I was on last.
Angela I'll keep your Grandparents in my prayers. That's a hard decision for your Grandpa to make, giving up his freedom because Grandma isn't there to lean on. It's tough for our elders when they've been so independent all their lives.Bless their Hearts!
Darlene have you heard any more about Jacob? I've been wondering about him.
What kind of coffee pot did you get? I've been looking at the Krupps-one-at-a-time pot myself. It takes the little,
tiny one serving cups. When my old Gevalia pot goes, I am thinking about changing to your style pot too.
Luanne you and BF are in my prayers. I'll be praying for the Drs. that they figure it all out SOON too!BIG((Hugs))Girl!
Melanie Hello! I've not heard of Aura paintings. Years ago when I was more grounded in Bodywork, I could see and feel Auras in people. If I could go back to school now, I'd go for MassageTherapy. It's what I've always wanted to do for people. Every job I've ever had, I'd ask myself first..."What can I do for people at this job?" When the "caring & concern" left the places I worked, I'd leave too.
I spent 6 to 8 yrs. at all jobs before upper management decided C&C wasn't as important as the politics and almighty dollar. I enjoyed all of those jobs too and was glad for the chance to make a difference.
I had to laugh when you mentioned that you liked calming tea, after saying that you were tired all the time. I was thinking, Man you don't calming tea, you need TNTea! Kick it up another notch as Emerril use to say. LOL
I'm sure your sister likes her new-do.Sounds like you did a good job...for your first time.
Tammy-tea-lady I just love your little Butterflies..."Get on with it" Too funny!!
National Tea Month...where do you get all of your tea info? I want to join your club. I love all teas and enjoy trying new flavors. We need to start a "Tea-Bags" club on here...for all of us "SpunkyTeaBags!" We could swap teas, tea-lore and try new types. Some of you have teas in your houses I've never even heard of or can't find anywhere.....
Tammy Rosefariemom Tazo chai tea concentrate? Liquid? Where did you get yours?....
Dana Typhoo tea? What does it taste like? Where did you find that?
See....we have a great tea-swap beginning already.
Peggy I have a mug with "So many books, so little time" on it. I love reading too. You can take a trip anywhere, anytime and meet anybody...in a book! Enjoy yours!
Monica so good to hear from you Girl! Where ya been hiding?
WOW! I didn't mean to write a book...just catch up! lol
Take care Girls! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  2:58:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, well my cold turned into Strep. Big bummer. I had to drive 45 minutes to the doctor in the next town. I'm not going to miss the distance driving for the basics when I move to Oregon. It will be a treat to have a real grocery store just 5 minutes away. I'm feeling a little better today but have been in bad most of the day sleeping it off. My cats are loving it.
Peggy, I'll email you my mom's address. It would be a wonderful surprise to have farmgirl mail waiting for me. I'm hoping to get this all over with by the end of the month. If the house doesn't sell by the end of January, all bets are off and it goes into foreclosure. So I can leave no matter what.

Pam, I would love to meet up when I get there. I'm looking forward to making new friends. I have been so isolated here for so long.

Luanne, I'll be praying for your man... so scary for the both of you. I hope he gets better!

Staci, I just got your Xmas card when I got back from Oregon. Thanks for the little sparkle that was enclosed!

Tammy, I'm sure your first day back with the butterflies will be full of energy. Lots of fun stories for them to talk about.

Well, I'm about pooped out. Time to rest again. I at least got the dishes done. The house looks like a bomb went off. We left it in such a mess for the trip north and I haven't the energy to clean yet.

Plan to improvise
Not all who wander are lost

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  4:41:49 PM  Show Profile
My Porchies...I wrote a huge long post this morning and had just hit submit when my computer froze up on me. Now I find that it never posted...big bummer! I don't have the energy to try and recreate it. Just know I am praying for all who need prayers for health issues, relative issues, house + moving issues and the like. All of you.

I like the tea-swap idea Judy. Why don't you organize one on here? I love getting to try teas that are
from other areas too. Or just somebodies favorite blend.

Bunny...sorry you caught the cold/strep thing. My youngest son has it too. Hangs on for a long time. I have
been trying to get him back in to the Dr. for another round of anti-biotics.

Well, I'm with Bunny...I'm pooped/this weather is kicking my back-side something fierce the last two days.

Thought for the day: "Let your imagination grow and bloom"

Hugs and Loves,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I love the idea of a tea swap. More healing vibes coming everyone's way. Lots of love too.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  8:25:50 PM  Show Profile
Well...ummmm...I've never organized a swap before...where do I start? Do we keep it just between us? Or do we go out into the website and open it to all "Tea-Bags" I mean...tea-drinking Farmgirls? LOL I suppose we could do it like the Christmas card swap. Everybody sign up that wants to, then we just send a teabag or 1 serving of loose tea to everyone. A teabag doesn't require any extra postage in an envelope. I did it along with my Christmas cards. Even at that, we would collect a lot of teas to try. Give me your in-put Gals!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  12:00:01 AM  Show Profile
Judy...you could do it either way...but it would just be simpler to do it like we are the ornament swap. Have twelve people sign up. One person signs up for a particular month and sends out a tea bag to the 11 other gals in the swap. Each month you would get a different tea to try. Or you could do it every two weeks and do 24 gals signing up. I think it would get way out of hand doing it outside the Porch but it's is entirely up to you. If you do it monthly put me down for July. Give every one like a week to sign up. They email you if they want to participate and you keep track of who signed up for what month. When all months are filled you email us with the complete list or post the complete list on the Porch. That is my suggestion. Pam already said she would love to do it and so there are three counting you and If I know teacher Tammy and Darlene...they for sure will. So, put it out there right here on the Porch and you'll have your very first swap going. FUN!

Blessings, Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 07 2011 12:02:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  03:10:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, All...Just catching up on some of the posts, as it's been busy at work with classes starting soon and kids home sick after Christmas vacation.

Luanne, I am so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's frightening illness. I will pray for all those who are suffering and for those who love and care for them.

Judy, Count me in on a tea swap. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  04:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
LOL Judy! I know I'm odd liking the calming tea. I really like the taste. But I did find some chai tea concentrate at the store yesterday. It's not the Tazo brand, it's Oregon Chai. It's good, but I should not have drank two cups before bedtime. Ooooo this is gonna be a fun day. I've been awake since 3am.
I also love people. I love the critters too. I'd love to come up with something where I'm not on my feet all day, but also not on my butt all day. Maybe this weekend I will get some time to do some searching.
I love the idea of a tea swap too!

Bunny~ I hope you get feeling better soon. That strep is some nasty stuff.

We have a little snow this morning. No delay or cancellation for school. This may be interesting this morning. No running tonight. Just hanging out at home.

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  05:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Target carries the Tazo line including the chai tea concentrate and I find them about a $1 cheaper per box then the grocery stores. Kroger also carries it. I just found it this past weekend at Costco in a 3 box pack that definately is the best price.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  10:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I've heard Costco has great price! But we don't have one around here. We do have a Target about 20 minutes from here though. Maybe I'll drop by next time I'm down that way.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  2:40:36 PM  Show Profile
OK, we've had a lot of interest in the tea swap....and Peg's idea was a great one....as ususal(thanks Peg), so let's do a swap like the ornament swap. Everybody sign up for a month and send out tea to 11 girls, assuming 11 will sign up. What do ya think? I'll take January since it was my idea and we're already started into the month. Peg wants July. We'll take a week to get signed up. Then I'll post the names/months on here. I'm so excited to try some teas I've never had before. At Christmas someone sent me an AppleCider one that was totally new to me...tasty too, BTW. So, come on girls, it'll be nice to get something in the mail besides TaxCrap and Bills! LOL

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 07 2011 2:42:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  4:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy...sign me up for Feb. I think I sent you the Apple Cider one and I sent everyone of them out and never even tried it myself!LOL!I personally like the swaps on the porch also because they aren't so confusing. We all know each other better and it seems we are more committed. I love the quilt block swaps I do outside here but some that sign up just don't complete the swap. You get to know who is committed and who isn't and I for one won't allow anyone in a swap if the haven't followed through on another one. A very good reason is always the exception. Life happens and sometimes there isn't anything you can do about it. 3 people didn't finish the Christmas swap and only 1 was very ill. It all worked out though.

Jacob is well into his radiation and chemo. He'has a 30 week protocol so they are on a long journey. Go to members and go to Babysmama and then click on My 5 yo has cancer and you can read the posts on her blogspot. It's heart wrenching. She is getting lots of support from all of us. That's what we're here for! Bless their hearts.

Luanne,Bunny and all the rest of my sisters who need prayer you are getting it. You are always in my heart and prayers.

Angela...I have already missed posts the same way and wonered why I didn't know something!

Back later.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page