Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  10:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year ladies,
I do hope each day is filled with His love and joy for you. It is snowing here in NEbraska. So I put on a pot of potato soup and have bread rising to go with it.

Darlene, I have added the Fletcher family to my prayer list as well

Peggy hope you are enjoy your granddaughter. Love her to pieces.

Megan hope you are doing well.

To all I have not mentioned you are always close to heart and in my prayers.
Have a wonderful day ladies
love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  2:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Porchies...my little Grand-daughter just left! It was a very short stay but now that the Family lives in Seattle (about 3-3 1/2 hrs from me)...we can have much more time together. And many more sleep-overs. Mommy thinks we were naughty because Grandmama let her stay-up way past her bed-time. She usually goes to bed at 7:30 but we were still going strong at 11:00. She is only 2 1/2 but speaks in clear full sentences and is smart as a whip! We had some great conversations...at bed time she slept in a Porta-crib in my room and I got her ready for bed first. Then when I started undressing to put on my PJ's...she said, "Grandmama...my mommy has boobies, do you?" I laughed and said, "Yes, I do." Then she said, "Do you have a baby in your tummy too?" (mommy is expecting). I said, "No, Grandmama is too old to have a baby in her tummy...so, will you share your baby with me?" She thought that would be fine! Her mommy had called around 7:15 to talk to her and say good night. So, I said, "Madeline, mommy is on the phone do you want to talk to her?" She said, "No, I busy!" ~ Then when we were playing with her Christmas toys...she got out her little pink computer that my youngest son had bought her and she said, "I have to check my email now." So Funny! ~ When she got done putting all of Grandmama's rings on her fingers and toes...then I told her we would read a story and then go Nightie-Night. Which we did. Then when I laid her down and covered her up...I said, "Do you say good-night prayers at your house?" She said, "Yes"...which surprised me because my son and daughter-in-love have a rather muddled up faith (more new age-ish) so I said, "You Do?" (rather shocked) and She said, "Yes". So, I took her little hand and prayed for her and when I got all done, she said, "No Grandmama not that one! The one that goes Twinkle Twinkle Little Star! The one mommy has on her ipad." Funny...but sad! After she fell asleep I prayed over her...and asked God to call her to Himself and show her His love for her as she grows up...and to let Grandmama and Grandpapa...help her learn about Jesus. ~ And after Darlene's message about Jacob and the Flesher Family...I just couldn't help but pray for her health and the health of the baby too. ~ I felt like in in a 24 hour period of time...I had been touched and blessed by a little Angel named Madeline! She is the delight of my heart!

Well, I'm going to go bask in the glow of our wonderful visit and chat with you all later!

Love, Awe and Happy New Year!

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  9:52:35 PM  Show Profile
awwwwww....I'm so glad you had fun with your "very intelligent" grand-daughter Peggy. What a delight she is. Lucky you.
Keeping the Flesher family in my prayers. Thanks for the heads-up.
Happy New Year Gals.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  05:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to me Dear Sisters!

I have enjoyed the holiday season but I am very ready for the return to ordinary life (whatever that is!). We had our family Christmas dinner and gift exchange on Wednesday. Our 1 year old grandson couldn't stay awake past dinner so he came back Thursday to open his gifts and watch his big sister open his gifts. New Years Eve was very quiet- the older kids did their own things and DH and I played board games with our youngest daughter.

We are packing up for our vacation in the Adirondack Mountains. We will be there for 5 days and the kids will be there at differing times depending on their work schedules. I hope to give my new snow shoes a good break in. We reserved 3 snow mobiles for 2 days but the business called and cancelled the reservation due to the lack of snow! What bad timing for the January thaw! I pray there is snow in the woods so that we can cross country and snow shoe. The alternative of hiking is fine, as long as it isn't too muddy.

Tammy- Congratulations on the upcoming wedding in your family! How much snow did you get in Nebraska? It warmed up here, 49 degrees this morning! Our snow is slowly melting.

Judy- I have been following your saga with your home repairs. I am so glad that God has been protecting your family! My SIL is an electrician and has helped us do a lot of upgrades to our electrical. I need to get him to work at my mom's house because it hasn't had an upgrade since the 50s.

Pam- Thank you for sharing about your time with Madeline! She sounds like an adorable little girl. She is so blessed to have a grandmama who prays and loves Jesus. You and grandpapa are shining examples of Jesus in her life. She will notice.

Megan- Are you back to school on Monday? So glad that the PT is going well; it sounds like you are a model patient!

Darlene- Thank you for the lovely ornament. It is hanging in the center of the tree, surrounded by lights that make the while beads glow! Thank you for the time and prayer you put into making it! You are such delight and encouragement to us. Thank you for sharing about our farm sister and her little boy. I am praying and will send them something when I get back from the mountains. I hope you had a good trip to the book store. One of my responsibilities at work is oversight of our thrift store so I see all of the books as they come in. We sell hardcovers for $1.00 and paperbacks for $.50. There are many bibliophiles who shop and donate to the store. I LOVE books. So glad that Jackie is doing better and that you got the right medicine for her.

Dana- Is your FIL not making wise decisions with his money or is his income really inadequate? Is there an addiction that is contributing to his unreasonable requests? I hope you and the kids are over your colds now. Chicken noodle soup and a watching a movie together are my prescription.

Luanne- Safe travels!

Bunny- Are you located anywhere the bad weather is that California has been experiencing?

Okay, time to get going for our vacation. I don't know if there is internet access at the cabin where we are staying. I know there is no cell phone reception up there. Yeah for time with the family- this is our Christmas gift to the children.

Happy, blessed, growing, hugging, thriving, faith-filled New Years blessing to each of you and your families!

Peace,
Lida

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  07:24:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone and thanks for all the tea and cards. Big group hug! I am not done with the year end tax/grant reporting stuff and just breezed in for that hug. Blessings on all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  1:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I've been keeping up on here! So glad that everyone had good Christmases and New Years.
Peggy, your little grandbaby sounds adorable.
Lida, I do go back to school Monday. Looking forward to being able to walk around with my crutches and start being a little faster!
Tammy, thank you for the good thoughts:)
I am in Michigan until tomorrow visiting my grandparents. Tonight we are staying in, but last night my Mom, my grandparents, and I went to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant here. Then tomorrow I'm going with my Grandpa to the nursing home he works at to do my service for school. If we get there in time, I'll be able to help wheel people to chapel and attend mass with them. I hope all are doing well, and that you all had fantabulous New Year's Eves!
God's and New Year's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  6:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Happy New Year's everyone! We just got back from an open house. Last night we had a romantic dinner and I fell asleep. LOL! I'm girls gone mild!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  10:51:59 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to everyone!

Peggy- I had to laugh and cry at the same time over your sweet story; she sounds absolutely adorable

Megan-how's the post-surgical rehab going?Are you doing laps yet?

Lida- I just love cross country skiing! I want to try snowshoeing too but I want to do some research first before buying some. Looks like a fun way to get some exercise though. I don't know what my FIL is doing. I think he's bored and needs a job and is so worried about where the economy is going that he's all over the place trying to think of schemes to start businesses that he can pass down to his grandkids. It's just wierd how he's acting because he's always been kind of a hard nose about things. He's always had that attitude of "If you can't pay for it yourself, then you don't need it" type. I kind of think he's getting worried about his mortality and leaving his wife with not enough to live on (which is dumb because they are always welcome in our home). My husband is going to talk to him when he get's a chance and ask what is going on. This whole thing has been odd, not in his character

Pam-tell me what a romantic dinner is like...we don't get those often enough with the little ones! Glad you had a wonderful night

Cherime-don't work too hard!

Dianne-I know what you mean, it's so nice to recognize familiar "faces" on different threads

I had to go into work last night and didn't get home 'till 11pm and Ava (my 1 1/2 yr old) had a rough night with her cold (on top of the fact that I came home to a mystery wet spot on my side of the bed. I think one of my essential oils leaked out of my bag onto the bed) so I had to wrap myself in a comforter from another room to sleep (for the little that I got). I'm really hoping I can convince my 3 yr old to take a nap with me today when Ava's asleep. Wish me luck!

Enjoy your weekend ladies

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jan 02 2011 10:52:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  11:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Staci-I made your mounds scones today. They are SO wonderful! Thank you so much for the recipe!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  1:56:28 PM  Show Profile
ROFL....GirlsGoneMild.....LOL....I Love It Pam!!!
OK....I'm sick of sweets already. Too many available. I want a reeeeeally good chef salad and a plate of pasta,any kind.LOL
Love ya Girls!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Country Girl 06
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Danyelle
Haughton Louisiana
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  7:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Move on over because my best friend Jenae' and I are coming over to sit on the porch and drink some sweet tea and lemonade, tell funny stories, and braid each others hair. Then maybe take a walk down to the pond later on to watch the sunset.

Just a girl with big dreams.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  9:09:02 PM  Show Profile
I was so sick of sweets I made fried fish for sandwiches and fried cabbage and carrots. It sure cut the sweet right out of the picture! My whole family gorged on it big time. There was no leftovers! Now they want chili, so I'll be workin on that tomorrow I think.

I've finally got all the christmas stuff put away and the greenhouse re-assembled in the living room. I'm gonna grow some lettuce and carrots in it while I get everything fine tuned and ready to get my garden starts goin.

I'm pourin through the seed catalogs and lovin all the plannin and dreamin. Anyone else doin the pre-garden thing?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  9:41:25 PM  Show Profile
Danyelle...Welcome to The Porch Farmgirl! You just bring Janae' and your funny stories right along with you because we are so all about that here! I would take a big glass of sweet tea right about now. I did a little work in the Kitchen and took down a few of my Christmas things and I am sweating up a storm. I think I have an inner-core heat valve problem in my body! lol

Pam...one of those Mound Scones would taste could with that Sweet tea...are there any left? I loved your girlsgonemild statement too! I was with you on New Years Eve (not the romantic dinner part but)...Madeline had gone home that afternoon and my adrenaline-rush fizzeled out about nine thirty that night and I kept falling asleep in the recliner. I always stay up late and bring in the New Year with a kiss for my hubby and as you all know I am normally a late night person on a daily basis...but one little child did Grandmama in! (for about three days actually) lol I'm still recooping!

Angela...I am also pouring over the seed catalogs right now. Having so much fun thinking about what I want to plant this year. My little Grand-daughter saw my catalogs and she started flipping through one naming all the vegetables. I asked her if she wanted to come back and help Granmama plant the Garden in the Spring and she lit up like a 100 Watt Bulb and said "Yes, can we grow pumpkins and tomatoes?" My son said that that is all she has been talking about since she got home...that and trying to plan when Grandmama could come visit at her house in Seattle. ~ I would like to say I am sick of sweets but I am never sick of Chocolate. I did make a good pot roast today with a big pan of brocoli and some buttermilk biscuits. I think tomorrow I will make a big old pot of soup. My hubby said that sounded good to him...so, I will have to see if I can whip that up. It's been so cold that a big home-made soup will hit the spot. That Chili sounded good too.

Dana...how is everyone feeling at you house?~ I am sure your little girls have funny and sweet things they say & do too...you should share them with us sometimes. Kids are such a delight! How come you had to work so late? Trying to make up for some of your sick time off?

Darlene...how is Jackie doing now with her eyes? And how are you doing with your physical therapy? Any improvements? Any more knews on Jacob and his family?

Well, My Porchies I think my book is calling me and my bed is for sure! I need to go stretch these sore muscles out that are cramping from the cold weather. It is so weird that ones body can be hot on the inside (like a stoked furnace) and cold on the outside. My sister has the same thing. Can any of our nurses explain that to me? Our Dr.s think we have just wigged out or something. They can't explain it.

May All Your Dreams Come True (or maybe not!) lol
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 02 2011 9:49:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  05:27:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody, and Happy New Year!

Dianne and Darlene - I promise we will get together as soon as "the dust settles" as Dianne said. I really can't wait to meet some of my Porchie sisters!

It was a crazy weekend - Christmas with my boyfriends family. We had such a good time with his 1 year old great nephew! It has been so many years since we had a little one to enjoy around the holidays. Of course, he is getting spoiled big time since he's the only baby in the family!

I've still got a rotten head cold, and boyfriend has bronchitis or something - he can't breath and coughs constantly. I think we both need a vacation! Oh well, it's that time of year!

Stay well and warm -

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  06:23:32 AM  Show Profile
Angela - totally with you on the fish. We did panfried perch for New Year's Eve with scalloped potatoes and it tasted so good. I've been thinking beans too. I've never made my New England Baked Beans for my man so I might have to put that on the menu with some cornbread muffins. That or some Calico Beans. Maybe pull a container of freezer slaw out for a side.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  3:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi There Gals, Well Angela, I got my big, crisp chef salad and a hot bowl of CHILI(since you brought it up). Man-o-man did it hit the spot. We received our first seed catalogue last week and one today. Time to cuddle-up on the couch with my Hubby and a pad'n pen and start our wish-list....and of course drool over "garden toys" and all the pretty plants we CAN'T grow in our zone. *sigh*
Welcome Danyelle & Jeane'. Such pretty names. Join right in. I want my hair braided. ;)
Peggy, you cracked me up with that "Inner-Core Heat Valve" thing. Too funny. It's cute how you call yourselves Grandmama & Granspapa. I read that to my Mama and we just giggled away.
I think we need to hear more "Kids still say the darndest things", in honor of Art Linkletter. Dig out those stories Gals. It's gonna be a loooong, cold Winter. Let's get some "giggles and awwwww's" going. hahaha I never had kids so I don't have any stories of my own but I would love to hear yours.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  6:20:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been obsessively workin the garden plans and seed catalogs for weeks now. I was sittin with my 2y/o and lookin through a catalog when she suddenly pointed at a picture of a lettuce patch and said, 'Daddy's salad! I get the bowl!' and ran off to the kitchen. I just about fell off the couch laughin since her Daddy is lucky to get half that salad when she's around! I got her calmed down with a bowl of salad for herself and told her the book only gives us seeds to grow the stuff. She then announced she was gonna grow a salad and grabbed some lettuce from her bowl and put it in a pot in my greenhouse!

I have laughed and chuckled at her 'salad garden' in that pot all afternoon. I think once she's asleep I'll put some potting soil in that pot and plant some of the red leaf lettuce in it for her. That way she can grow her favorite part of the salad she steals from her Daddy everyday.

I was plannin to get the greenhouse goin tonight anyhow and I was gonna grow some lettuce and carrots and maybe a few beets while I wait for garden plant startin time. I guess Martha's ready for some fresh veges too!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Cari Lynn
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cari
Rixeyville Virginia
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  05:27:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I too just received a few gardening catalogs and am asking the husband this year if it is possible to clear a patch of land for an orchard of some sort, I love fresh apples, maybe a peach tree, things like that. I also want to try my hand at lettuce, more tomatoes, and the possibilities are endless.

Course, then we get to being able to go out and pick the flowers to go in the planter boxes on the porch railing and under the hay rake at the front of our driveway...I so love springtime and the warmth of the sun.

" Promise me you'll always remember: Your braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." By Christopher Robins to Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  09:34:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello porch sisters. I have been busy the last two weeks. I finally packed up everthing I'm taking to my mom's. My son, his dad and I left Thursday about 4am and got into The Dalles about 7:30pm. My poor son was sick with a bad cold. It was an eye opening trip for me. In my desperation to stay local I have entertained the thought of finding a place with my X. He is a transgendered man to woman. Strange but I deal. He drove me nuts the whole trip. No much common sense. Just one more peice of information that tells me moving is the right thing... at least for now. My mom is beside herself with excitment. I can't figure it out. We didn't get along when I was a kid. But I was the one that did everything around the house and brought no drama into our life. I was the "good daughter" While my sister has dumped her kids on my mom to raise gone through numerous marrages (3 times back and fourth to the same man). My life has been pretty much steady and I didn't concern her with anything. I have to keep telling myself "something good will come of this".
I got home sick as a dog of course catching what my son had. I feel like caca. At least I don't have anything pressing to do right now. But I still have so much to pack. The timeing is going to be tough. He starts his new job weekend after this. Then the last weekend in January he goes to Houston for a week. Of course if escrow closes that weekend.. I have no way to get my stuff out of the house. I'm trying not to stress. One day at at time.

Peggy, I'm so glad you get to see your granddaugher more often. My grandmother was the most important person in my life. She was the only one that showed me unconditional love. I never had to conform to her beliefs and she always seemed to "get Me". I miss her so much. My grandfather was the gruff teddy bear type. If you were good, he would slip you a bill or two. When we were really young we discovered that change fell out of his pocket into the cushions of his chair. Amazingly enough there was always an equal amount of money for how many of us were there. Nickles, dimes and quarters were quite a score when you were 5 years old. My grandmother always read at least two stories at night. I carried on that with my boys. It was the best time of the evening for me. Just know it is the little things she will remember.

Everyone sounds like they had a wonderful Christmas holiday. It was pretty quiet here. Just the 3 of us watching movies and eating turkey and the fixins. My decorations were all packed up in storage and I guess my heart just wasn't into it. I love buying gifts for my family. They don't feel the same about gift giving. I would love to meet a guy that has a wonderful family that I can connect with and make holidays special again.
I did connect with a guy on eharmoney only to find out he is losing his house too. He sounds like a great guy.. I just don't think I need to deal with that with a possible mate. I would love to find someone to connect with that has it together. I feel it is a bit hypocrital of me but I'm so tired of the stress that goes along with all of this.
I still have not heard anything from the bank. I guess I'll have to start making phone calls again. I seem to be the last person in the loop.

The weather here is nice today. Up in the 50's during the day and the 20's at night. As long as the electricity holds out, I should be fine.
Cari and Angela, I love to read garden seed catalogs. I'm hoping to put some kind of garden at my mom's. It will pretty much be a container garden as her yard is sooooo rocky. I will have to learn the weather patterns in northern Oregon.
Welcome to our new porch sisters! This is such a great place to visit.

Well my house is pretty much bare. I have a couch, bed, tv and my computer. I need to start packing up all the clutter left over to go into storage. So much stuff! I'm not looking forward to the trip north with the kitties. I know I will have to spend the night probably in Roseburg. That's usually as far as I can go in a day. 7 hours on the road is my max. Thankfully there is a Best Western that takes animals. Should be interesting.
Well that's enough of my rambling. I'm just vegging today. I hope to feel better in a few days.
Stay warm and healthy!!

Plan to improvise!
Not all who wander are lost.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  5:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I had my first "awwww" thanks to Angela.Welcome Cari, I don't believe I've seen you here before. Pull up a rocking chair and sit with us awhile. Here's an afghan to wrap up in to ward off the chill. There are usually gobs of "Goodies" on our porch,to share. Try some of my molasses cookies with cinnamon chips inside. Warm and gooey. Yum! Have a cup of tea or cocoa...there's marsh-mellies over there shaped like little snowmen. Help yourself. I'm just gonna sit here and rock and catch up on all my magazines I've ignored over the holidays, actually since Thanksgiving.Isn't that awful? I'm waaay behind! *snicker*
Have a great evening Gals. Stay warm. You are all in my thoughts & Prayers!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  5:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I have finally made it to the porch! LOL I hope you ladies don't mind if I join you.
I really want to start planning my garden, but I can't seem to find the quiet time. Awwe maybe tonight after the kids go to bed. My son is at boy scouts tonight. Do any of you have a kiddo in scouts? It's time for girl scout cookies! One of the dad's at boy scouts also has a girl scout. YAY! My girls didn't want to join scouts again so I wasn't sure where we'd get our cookies.

Bunny I'm sorry about your house. But what an amazing adventure you have in front of you! And who knows maybe you will find that special guy in Oregon.

Now ya'll will probably think I've fallen off my rocker, but I have been thinking of treating myself to a little something something. Last year I met a gal on myspace that painted auras of people. She no longer does them. I just can't seem to shake the "oooo wouldn't that be neat to do" feeling. So I'm on the search to find someone who does these. I thought it would be something special for my craft room when I get it put together.

Well time to brave the cold and pick up my son. Have a lovely night and stay warm!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  6:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
I thought I would bring yall a warm pot of tea. After all it is national hot tea month...heheh Wild Strawberry tonight to go with strawberry scones. Tomorrow I go back to work and of course my dear little butterflies will be full of flutter as always after Christmas break and I will be filled with many stories to share. They absolutely make me giggle. I must admit I have missed them and look forward to seeing them. But I will miss sleeping in a bit and hanging out in my pjs until mid morning some times. But I feel very rested and I have had a wonderful break.

Today the boys and I spent the day together. Had some errands and we took in lunch. This is rare. After all they are 14 and hanging out with mom is not always cool. I was blessed. We enjoyed the day.

Well 5:45 comes early. Yall have a beautiful day tomorrow. I will of course check in and share some sweet stories.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  01:24:59 AM  Show Profile
Welcome - Welcome Melanie and Cari Lynn...Always room for more farmgirls on The Porch! Glad that you just jumped right in and made yourselves right at home. That is what we love to see!

Bunny...Glad to hear from you, I have been praying for you! Wasn't sure if you had made it to your mom's yet or not! I will need your new address just as soon as you can get it to me...as I am doing the Ornament for the Month of January and you were one of the 12 that signed up for that! I am so praying for good things to happen for you once you are located in Oregon. I am just sure that life has to take some better, richer, more lovely turns for you than you have lived through in the last year or so. And who knows maybe you will meet some really great guy there in The Dalles. It's kind of a small place, we think of it as a "Pit Stop" from Portland to where-ever...and maybe that's all it will be for you too. Maybe you will end up in Portland or somewhere bigger. All I feel and know in my heart is that right now...The Dalles is where you are suppose to be to start some healing and stretching in your life.

Melanie...I have heard of people who can see other People's auras but I didn't know that people painted them. That would be kind of cool to see of yourself wouldn't it? Kind of like seeing your own DNA or something. Let us know if you find anyone else that does Aura Paintings. Google it and I am sure you will find others out there.

Teacher Tammy...back to your little Butterflies tomorrow...I am sure they will have lots to share with you. You do sound so much more rested and encouraged after your Christmas Break. And that is neat that you got a date day with your boys! I still have date days with my grown sons. And even though your sons may act like it isn't cool to hang out with mom...you are creating memories and hopefully lasting habits that they will take in to adulthood. ~ Oh your strawberry tea sounds yummy. One of my favorite teas is Strawberry/Mango...it smells as good as it tastes!

Hey some of our regular Porchies have been MIA for awhile...lets be checking on them if we don't hear anything for a few days. We just love them all so much, we can't let anyone not feel like they aren't missed when they definitely are!

Well I am going to go read before bed. I am sure it is later than I think it is. lol But you know the saying...
"So Many Books and So Little Time".
Reading is how I always end my day. It is my "ME TIME"

Here is another quote for you all:
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

Hugs and Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 05 2011 01:34:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  03:25:12 AM  Show Profile
good Morning Porchies...
I just want to thank all of you that took time to send out Christmas cards with such sweet sentiments and little added extras in them...what a blessing each one of them was! I'm hoping to get with the program and spend a little more time and attention, but I dont' want to make promises I can't keep! you're all such a sweet blessing! parts of me want to share all of you with everyone and other parts of me want to keep you all to myself! Too funny! Anyway, hope you're all having a truly "happy New Year" and hope to be in touch often! Hugs to all!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  04:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning! I hope you all slept well. I'm still trying to wake up. I am just not a morning person anymore. In fact it seems like I'm tired all the time. I wonder if it's part of withdrawl. One of my New Year's resolutions is to give up Mt.Dew. So far so good. There's been a couple of rough days, but I managed to get through. Once I feel like I've conquered the Dew, I'm going to kick the sweet tea out the door! This morning I'm having a cup of hot tea. I love Tazo teas, especially their calming blend.

I have a busy day. Two houses to clean (that's my job ), then it's back to town to pick the kids up from school, homework, dinner and this and that. Then the kids are going to Youth Group with the Cousins. While they are gone I'm going to color my sister's hair. This should be interesting. She likes the highlites and things like that. So let's hope I get it right as I've never done it before. LOL

Well it' about that time. I need to go load the car. Hope you all have a great day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page