Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  11:10:15 AM  Show Profile
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It was pretty quiet around here but my older son and his dad were here. We watched movies and ate lots of turkey.
Sharon I'm so glad your cows are safe at home. What a great way to meet new neighbors.

Darlene, Jackie is lucky to have you take such good care of her. Good thing you got another opinion.

Peggy, funny about wanting to clean before the cleaning lady gets there. I have been on both ends of that. I usually pick up things like clothes and do the dishes and any clutter from mail. The hard part for me was being home while she cleaned. I usually found somewhere to go or something to do to stay out of the way. As a cleaning lady, I didn't mind someone being home.
It always took me longer the first time and then I got a routine down.

The latest chapter in my house saga... the buyers offered $150,000. I found out last Tuesday the bank countered back with $140,000. They just didn't bother to let anyone know.It was in the notes on their computer. Can you explain that! I was talking to a customer service person on the phone and he couldn't figure out why they had countered back with a lower offer.. which by the way my realtor hadn't even been told about. I told him that one thing I had learned during the last 2 years of dealing with them that logic did not have anything to do with anything they did. I loved the face that he was puzzled in his own company. I'm thinking they lowered the offer to get more money from a government reimbursement program. It's the only explanation for this stupidity.
At least something is happening. We won't know until sometime Monday. I can't wait to hear the reasoning around this.
My son and I decided to take all my things to Oregon this next week. Then all I have to do is pack kitties and myself for the last trip.I'll still have a bed, tv and I'll keep some basic kitchen things. But the house will be pretty bare.
He got a job!... yea!. He is going to work for a SnapOn dealer driving one of his trucks. But it means he needs to get my things to Oregon before he starts work. Then he only has to pack the last of the things at the house for storage. Hopefully the weather will play along.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and have a safe New Year!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  1:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick belated merry Christmas to all. Thank you so much for the cards, tea, and well wishes. Hope the holidays have found everyone happy and healthy. Will catch up in the next few days (we've been gone to family and my phone wouldn't get the internet very well)

Darlene- I LOVE the ornament!!! Thank you so much!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  3:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas (belated),

We were out of town with no internet access for a few days. We spent Christmas with our mothers, who are both widows and live a few miles from each other. We were able to spend time with our son, who lives at my mom's. By this time next year he will be stationed somewhere as a Navy medic, so we wanted to spend the holiday with him. We had 3 of the kids, our mom's and our siblings, nieces and nephews together. Our oldest 2 kids and grandkids spent the holiday with their other grandparents. We are doing our family meal and gift exchange Wednesday.

Sincere and teary thank you for the Christmas cards and little tuck ins. They made this a very special Christmas. Okay, want in on a little secret- my kids think that it is a hoot that I get mail from strangers from a place called Mary Jane's Farm. They especially tease me about the tea bags, which they have offered to sample for me to make sure it really is tea, and not a special Mary Jane crop. If you were around in the 60s/70s you know what they are laughing about!

Thank you for praying for Kristi. She came home from the hospital in time for Christmas with her 1 year old. Her baby is still in the preemie NICU.

Prayers and hugs for each of you!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  8:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I hope everyone's having a marvelous Christmas time with family and friends! I'm having a wonderful time, and I will be in Michigan for the next few days after tomorrow. I had a fabulous Christmas. I received a Snuggie, a few iTunes cards, some much needed clothing items from my Mom, and yarn galore! Now it's time to study, study, study for exams!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  10:28:44 AM  Show Profile
ROFLACGU!!!! Lida you made me LOL! I get the same remarks when I say MaryJane too. hahahahaha People are funny. I AM 55 ya know. But I tell people that I REALLY grew up in the 70's, not the 60's, so I'm at the tail-end of that stuff! LOL
So glad you girls had a great Christmas with your families and friends. Would you believe that my handy-man is still at it. He and DH are drilling thru a 2 ft. basement wall to put in an intake pipe that the furnace people didn't put in years ago because the wall was too big of a job for them once they found out how thick it was when they put the out-put pipe in. So the furnace has been sucking in air from inside the house only, which is NOT enough. grrrrrr We could have carbon monoxide in here and not even know it, because of neglect. So, let's see, that's fire, flood, and fumes.....yup.....God's grace is what we've been dangling from.....w/o a knot in the end. SCARY!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 28 2010 10:31:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  1:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Meagan - you're coming to Michigan during a heat wave - its supposed to be up in the 30's this week and even rain a day or two. Hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Judy - wow, lucky you've found out. I'd get a carbon monoxide detector to be safe. We have one in the laundry room and one in the kitchen, which are the only rooms with gas appliances in them. The water heater is in the laundry room so that's also covered.

Today my oldest son flew back to Ft. Hood so I'm a bit sad. Fortunately its been a busy day at work and I haven't had time to dwell on it. My week is all thrown off with the holidays. I had to work yesterday but the rest were off until today so I keep thinking today is Monday.

Anybody got any plans for New Year's Eve? We are planning on going to friends of mine as I typically do every year. I'm in the hermit mode at the moment and think I might prefer to just stay home and enjoy piece and quiet.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  1:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Lida... You should just tell your kids that MaryJane's Farm is just a huge Organic/Religious Cult that you are a member of and that we drink funny herbs instead of smoke them and we would all live in one Big Happy Commune except for the fact that all of our farms are so far away from each other! But non of us want Family Interventions or to be Rescued because we ALL like our weird Earthy Lifestyle...even if we have been organically brainwashed!

You gave me a good laugh for the day! I love it! We have had several Communes up here in Oregon/Washington...so, I am sure Pam and I could get one going for all of us and Bunny too once she gets here!
Oh, mercy...I'm wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing soooo hard!

Guru In Waiting,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 28 2010 1:43:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  1:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Ha! Ha! Funny stuff! Well ladies-the craziness at my work continues. My coworker went off the deep end today. She was not happy here at all and it showed but between last week and today she really lost it. Then she accidentally text our boss instead of her husband and the you know what hit the fan. Man, she really gave it to him! So, he called us into his office to talk about hours and she started smartmouthing again and he told her she could have two weeks and then leave. She told him to shove it and walked out. So....I was sitting through all of it and now I'm his only employee. We will see what happens next. Man! 2011 will be drama free! I swear!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  1:41:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...I am back! I just made a new Desk Top Folder for my computer called THE FUNNY FARM were I am keeping some of our funnier stories (like this one of Lida's/and all our comments). Before I would make paper copies and put them in a file...but we have too many good stories that we share!

Hugs and Big Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Man Pam...there went your chance darlen...you should have walked out with her and left the guy blowing steam in his stew! He deserves it!!!! That is too funny that she thought she was emailing her hubby and it was the boss. Myself...I don't think mistakes like that happen by accident! It was all meant to be!

At The Big Christian Book Store I worked at in Portland...I was sitting in The Managers Office/we all had our own cubicles in One Big Office...for all Department Managers. Well, The IT Tech. came in and I notice him working over in a corner hooking up some electronic box with a big ol' blinking red light on it...so, I asked him what he was installing? He said, "Oh, I'm not really sure...they just told me to put it in over here!" I said, "Whose is "they"? He said, "The Corporate Office" I said, "Well what does it do? What is it's purpose?" He said, "Oh, I'm not sure!" OK girls I wasn't born yesterday, this is an IT Tech. he knew what that box did. So, I said, "Get Real Gary...that is to monitor our conversations in here isn't it?" He said, "Why would they want to do that?" The proverbial dodge...answer a question with a question.
So...all that day I kept saying things about knowing what they were doing spying in on our conversations and telling people NOT to be saying anything about Corporate (whose offices were right behind our store)...and two days later the box was gone. That is exactly what they were doing and it made them mad that I figured it out and so it put them in a position of me being able to sue them if I chose to. They always thought I was going to sue them because I always caught them doing dishonest things. It was one of those times I was thankful that God made me intuitive to what is going on around me. And when I ended up quitting they sweat-it-out for three years that I was going to sue them for Age Discrimanation...because I had all kinds of proof against them on that and much more. But I didn't...it was just good that they knew that I knew... it helped keep them in line!

OK Pam...now what????? Keep us posted girl! You need to get out of there! For sure hit him up for a big raise because NOW you will be doing both your jobs! Love you girl! Watch your back...I don't trust that guy! If it looks evil, smells evil and acts evil...guess what???? You got it!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 29 2010 4:34:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  4:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Lida, I totally missed the MaryJane comment! That is too funny, and I didn't grow up in the 70's!
Judy, that is scary! At least the problems are being fixed before something happened to you and your family.
Pam, I hope your work gets better:)
Tammy, I'm going to the Detroit area, and if memory serves me correct, Warren is near there, so hopefully it'll stay warm for my Mom and I!
Well, I need to work on typing up my forensics piece, work on making study guides, and studying! I also still have work to make up. Whew, busy next few days!
God's and Winter's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  6:15:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I did. All my stepchildren were home and with all of the grandchildren. Oh my house was full of love and joy. My youngest stepdaughter became engaged. I so love her special guy. He is a true Mr. Darcy type if you know what I mean. He asked my dear hubby if he could marry his daughter. I thought now that is my kind of son in law. No date set yet. But we are all very happy for them.

today I took down tree and established order to the house. I am one who needs that after so long. NOw I can play in the kitchen. Dear hubby got me a food processor, new dishes, and an electric mixer. I am like oh yes what fun can I have.

It is nice to have time off. Don't see the little buttterflies until Jan. 5. Have to do report cards but that will not take long. Going to finish a quilt that got put on the wayside the last few weeks.

I left yall some chocolate oatmeal cookies with Chocolate Raspberry Truffle tea. Enjoy and no calories.

love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  04:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! I haven't had time to catch up on a week's worth of posts yet, but will get to them gradually. I stayed in Vermont an extra day because of the weather. I was supposed to leave on Monday AM, but got up to 20" of snow and heavy winds. Decided there was no way I was leaving in that mess to drive almost 300 miles! Mom didn't mind having me around an extra day at all!

Anyway, Christmas was wonderful and now I get to have Christmas again this coming weekend with my boyfriend and his family.

I left some extra Christmas cookie and peppermint cocoa on the porch if anybody is hungry.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  4:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Cherime- Happy belated birthday!

Luanne-I'm trying to do the same with the catch ups!

Lida- Loved the maryjane comment. All I can say is don't go to mary janes ranch on accident...it's a whole other story(did that on accident when I was first searching for this website). My husband kept thinking I was talking about my farming stuff that I used to do on facebook. I'd be telling him one of the stories off of here and he would say "I thought you gave up that farming thing". I don't know how many times I had to explain to him what this board was about

Peggy-you sure are one smart lady, I never would have guessed a black box would be to spy on conversations!

So went to my in-laws for Christmas eve and my aunt and uncle's for Christmas day. Had a wonderful time seeing my family. Only bad part was my father-in-law asked for money again! I was in complete shock. My husband is going to talk with his family and tell them that unless someone is dying or going to prison, then don't ask for money, we don't have it. Couldn't believe that he asked the day after Christmas when it's the first one without my dad. To top it off he asked me not to tell his wife about it. Bad thing to say to me. I believe very much in "do unto others" and I don't do secrets unless it's for a present. I told my husband that I think his dad is losing it.

Well, Gotta get back to the little ones. Now my 3 yr old is better and the little one and I have colds. Makes for some cranky days right now

Hope all is safe and well with everyone

Dana-farmgirl #1432

Edited by - Rxgirl on Dec 29 2010 4:05:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  7:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Well, we are talking anout buying a carbon-monoxide detector to put in our furnace room... finally. We got rid of the gas water heater and got an electric one since the gas one wasn't venting properly and we could actually smell the fumes. *gag*
And the stove is electric. So the only thing gas now is the furnace. Our handy-man finished up yesterday til Spring. Yeaaaa....I now have my privacy back. (can finally scratch what itches w/o looking around to see who's watching first)LOLOLOL Sorry, couldn't resist. *blush* Now I can get the house back in order. Everythings shoved around and in closets and such.
Have a good night Sisters!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  8:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, I'm so sorry I have been away! I am busy getting ready for the new year which I am super excited about! I have alot going on so I won't be on here that much ( it would take to long to post it all. lol ). How is everyone doing?! Hope you all are doing really well. :)
I do have a question though, Is anyone on facebook?!
Hugs!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  11:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Luanne....enjoy your second Christmas! That is fun to extend it out as long as possible! Glad you got back safely through all the snow and bad weather!

Judy...so glad to hear that you can now safely scratch what itches! lol Isn't it hard when someone is around constantly when you are use to a little privacy in your own home! Even grown kids can be a problem if they come home and stay too long, when you are empty nesters you get use to dashing from room to room in your undies any old time you want. lol

Dana...oh, I am so sorry you guys are sick! Not fun! My youngest son (25) has strep-throat right now and we spent Christmas with him and his girlfriend. I told him that is one present I hope he didn't share with mom and dad!

My Grand-daughter (2 1/2) is coming from Seattle tomorrow to have a Slumber Party with her Grandmama and Grandpapa (who she has never met. My husband is a big guy with a beard...so I hope she won't be afraid of him.) When her folks lived in Michigan only I could afford to fly there to visit in the summers...so she knows Grandmama and we have a wonderful mutual admiration society going between us. She is my little love bug. I know my hubby can't wait to get his hands on her...he just adores all of our other Grandchildren. We have 8 grand kids between us and another on the way.

Well Hannah...so glad you popped on the Porch tonight. Hope your Christmas was wonderful! I know you are a busy little beaver just like Megan...but we love the visits when you can make it!

Off to read before bed. Need to get up early to prepare for Madeline's arrival tomorrow and my son's. I get so excited about the grand-daughter that I almost forget about how excited I am to see my oldest son also. He is visiting friends in Portland and his wife has to work...so, she is staying home. It is a quick trip...but will probably be perfect for Madeline's first visit to Grandmama's house. Two days and one night.

Sweet dreams my dear Porchies!

Bless your lovely hearts,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 29 2010 11:59:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  4:47:26 PM  Show Profile
awwwww.....I hope you have lots of fun with her Peggy. She sounds adorable. I just love cuddle-bugs. It's so hard when you want to cuddle them and they're shy. I also hope she's not afraid of your husband. My DH is a big guy and the little ones are terrified of him. He has a loud voice too. That doesn't help. But when they get older, they can't stay away from him. He always has a pocket full of toys, tricks and balloons. Kids love that. When Daddy passed away a couple of years ago, he kept all the kids busy at the dinner afterward while we all visited. He was amazing. He teaches them things without them even knowing he's doing it, like math, spelling, history. Totally amazing. I'm always awestruck watching and listening.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  5:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sisters...MIA again. Running to doctors with Jackie and finally we are on the right road. Alot lighter in the pocket but alot less stress and no more talk about removing her eyes.I have had Bronchitis and am coughing my A#$ off!

Sisters we have another sister in need. It is Babysmama...Elizabeth. Her 5yo son just had surgery to remove his cancerous kidney. It is also in his lungs. He will begin chemo and radiation on monday. The doctors initially told her it was the good Wilm's tumor cancer and then said it was the worst with a bad prognosis. Go to her blog and you can read about it. They live 2 hours from the hospital. He has a 7yo sister Becca and a 2yo brother Joe. If you can out of Farmgirl love send this family something for the kids and any money to help them defray traveling expenses. We may not be able to give alot but alot of US can give something and it will add up. If every sistwr on the forum even gave $1 or $5 just think what that would do for them. Please put them on all your prayer chains they desperately need them. If you can do something sign The Virtual Porch Sisters so she knows where you are. We need to love this family during this terrible time. Bless you all. Their address is:
Flesher Family
708 E.Butler St.
Manchester, Ia. 52057

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  5:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...I will do something for the Flesher Family as soon as I get my SSD Payment.
I feel so badly for them. Will definitely keep them all in prayer.

Hope your Jackie is doing better and I am so sorry that you are sick too. It is really going around.
My grand-daughter has the tail-end of a bad cold. Poor baby she is just a sniffly mess. But oh is she
adorable and her Grandmama's heart of hearts.

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Darlene-I will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers and also send a little bit their way. Every little bit helps.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Hannah-Thanks for stopping by to say hello, we miss you!!!

Darlene-I'm on it. Thanks for the heads up for Elizabeth, I'll put something in the mail for her tomorrow. Please keep us updated on Jackie too

Peggy-hope you enjoy your cuddle time with your granddaughter

Tammy- congrats on your daughter's engagement, how exciting

Luanne-hope you enjoy your second round of Christmas this weekend, drive safe

Dana-farmgirl #1432

Edited by - Rxgirl on Dec 30 2010 7:03:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  8:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sisters...together we can do great things. I knew when you found out you would respond. We are so Blessed to have each other. I just put Jacob on our church prayer list and asked for a card shower for him. A few months back Elizabeth asked for a card shower for her GM who had a malignant brain tumor. I don't know what the outcome was for her. To be faced with such devastating news is every mother's nightmare. How do you comfort them? On our knees!
But for the Grace of God go we!

Peggy...You must be in heaven with your little angel. It's even better than when you had your own kids, isn't it?

Dana...Don't get me started...Your FIL is so rude to do that to you. At the holidays and then lie or hide it from your MIL. Hang tough sister and hang on to what you have because he sounds like he will keep coming back for more. I thought of you often, knowing how heart wrenching this christmas would be without your father. My heart goes out to you and prayers. Hope you all feel well soon.

Pam...You are so right...Every little bit helps and adds up. It may fill a tank of gas or pay for food or medicine. Whatever it does will bless them.

Lida...You know I never tried any of that funny stuff but wish I had!LOL! I never even knew it was around...darn it!LOL!

Did everyone receive their ornaments from me? You should have. Please those that didn't post let me know.

Peggy is the Ornament Queen for Jan. so email her your addresses other ornie makers.

We have no Jan BDs unless someone new comes along.

Luanne...Glad you made it home safely and had a great time with your mother. I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow that you wanted to go to. I've been ther several times recently. He said he has been doing it 15 years. What a clever idea! This guy sells every book in his store for $3. However, if you take books in he gives you credit and then every book costs only $2. I have gotten some really expensive books that are like new. He's always busy. Why didn't I think of that?

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  9:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Darlene-i did get the ornament and absolutely love it.Thank you so much!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  05:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I did receive the lovely ornament you made. Thank you! I will also send something to the Fletcher family and put the little guy on our church's prayer list this weekend. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

Luanne, So nice to see you post here, too! Let's plan to meet in Milford after the dust settles.

One thing I love about this forum is that I see some of the same farmgirls on different threads. It's like running into an old friend. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page