Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  4:18:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Well, I went to the doctor today, and the prognosis: I have to have surgery in two weeks:-( But it will help my knee heal, so it's for the best.
It's Monday, so es tiempo para espanol! Today, building on getting to know you things, we'll do how are you and responses to that. So:
How are you? Como estas?
I'm good. Estoy bien
I'm so-so. Estoy asi-asi.
I'm bad. Estoy mal
I'm very... Estoy muy....
Okay, that's our spanish for today!
Well, off to finish some homework! I'll be back later!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  7:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Megan, so sorry about the surgery. I know it is tough not being able to walk properly. We tend to take it for granted every day. I broke my ankle(both bones) and it was an experience I will NEVER forget. I pray that all will go well and you will be back as good or better soon.

Peggy, I am glad that you got my letter. I love having you for a pen pal too!

Cherime, I am glad that you were able to raise that amount of money. I know that it will help so much! We have a food pantry, thrift store, etc. in our town. The families helped are continually increasing due to the economy.

Well, I guess I'd better go back in, I will leave some sweet potatoes I baked this afternoon in case any of you would like any. They are good! I had one after church tonight. Good night!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  8:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Janet. My grandparents, who both work in the medical field, will be coming for the surgery, so that'll be good. I've never been under before, so that's what scares me the most.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  11:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Megan...sorry to hear that it has to be surgery...but hey farmgirl, if you're going to
do sports you're bound to have surgeries! Comes with the territory. I am glad that your
grandparents will be there for moral support. I remember the first surgery I had...I was
in my early twenties...and I went to the hospital thinking "No big deal", but a girlfriend
of mine showed up to pray with me before I went in. And I just burst into tears when I saw
her...because I guess I was more nervous than I thought and because someone cared enough to
be there for moral support for me. And the prayer really made me feel covered by the hands
of the Great Physician!

Janet...great minds think alike! I fixed Sweet Potatoes tonight too! :+)

Love and Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy. I feel nervous, but I've just got to keep on going!
Today was a fairly easy day at school considering it's the end of the quarter! Do have a test to study for, and then I'm going to catch up on my reading!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  4:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Megan just wanted you to know that I'm praying that your surgery goes quick and easy and that you heal up and feel better real soon =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  5:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Annika! It's not for a few more weeks, so I have time to prepare myself!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  6:06:12 PM  Show Profile
megan praying for you that all goes well
i haven't been on the porch in awhile and
missed it now that things have calmed down
ican sit with my porchies again
i made some pumpkin bread and mocha lattes
its a good night for it here nice and cool..
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  06:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Megan-Sorry to hear surgery is in your future, but at least it's fixable

Peggy- Your trip sounded wonderful!(and I bet your pup was happy to see you)

Janet-your grandkids are in my prayers

Nothing too exciting in my life, although my grain grinder showed up late last night. I'm going to try my hand at grinding my own flour and see how it affects my bread. I've heard that freshly ground flour is amazing, so we'll see.

Have a lovely day everyone

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Oct 20 2010 06:40:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  09:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow Dana...let me know how your grain grinder works out for you! Not that I plan to follow suit...but
it sounds about as Farmgirl as you can get. We have an Old Grist Mill in our area and sometimes I buy
fresh ground flour and cornmeal from them. It is really good! I especially like the cornmeal...it is
a coarser grind than what you purchase at the stores. If you hit at the right time of the year they
just hand out 5lb bags for free! Which is very cool!

Have a great day! Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  09:53:40 AM  Show Profile
Megan praying for a quick and speedy recovery.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  10:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all!
Megan-speedy healthy vibes coming your way. You should be getting a package from me if you haven't already. Hopefully it will cheer you up.

I'm still sending out resumes and working part time. Not much else is going on. Just working away. I've been stitching up so many Christmas ornaments lately. Whew! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall weather.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  10:05:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody!

It's been a few days since I've been on the porch - it's been a crazy week. Think I'm ready for a pot of hot tea and a goodie of some sort!

Megan - I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. I pray everything goes smoothly and that you will be fine in no time.

Peggy - Your vacation sounded awesome! Wish I lived closer to Washington!!

Pam - I hope you find the perfect job soon. Something is bound to come along for you.

Darlene - Haven't seen you on here for a little while - are you and hubby OK? What's happening with the mess from the accident?

Staci - Got your e-mail, and it was good to hear from you - I'll write back soon!

I'm taking Friday off from work so we can get started extracting honey. I don't think it's going to be a very good year, but we'll take whatever we get!

Hugs to all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Luanne-
Do you sell your honey?

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  10:10:47 AM  Show Profile
We just sell it locally to friends and neighbors at this point. If we every have a good enough season to get a large quantity we've been thinking of setting up at the local farmers market. It was so terribly dry here this year that there was very little nectar in the blossoms - thus very little honey.

We have also considered a roadside stand after I retire in a few years to sell extra produce from the garden, hand made items, honey, etc.

Thanks for asking!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies! I'm about 10 pages behind, but I will set down one morning soon and catch up. I have been gone for quite a while. So here's why.... I had a heart attack and a miscarriage.

My life has been more than a little stressful and it finally caught up to me. I am doin better now, but still feel down in the dumps about the baby. I found out about it the night I had my heart attack and lost it 3 days later. My stress level has to come down or I'm facin a lifetime of issues and meds. My DH is tryin to help, but he's so busy lookin for work and takin side jobs for cash to keep the gas tank full, he's just not around much.

He has been insistin I go with him this week. He and a buddy landed a 'clean-up' job for some family of his buddy. It's haulin off cars and cuttin up and haulin off metal to clear out some property from some distant relative that died. They get to keep all the cash from sellin the metal. It's actually been a big blessing. We have nearly caught up all the bills from it. I basically just sit in the truck and watch them, but we all sit and talk when they take breaks. It's better than sittin at home alone.

He still hasn't gotten his unemployment, but we are supposed to have a definite answer by friday. His exboss refuses to cooperate with the unemployment office, so they have to wait 8 weeks before they can rule in his favor. His exbosses refusal to cooperate automaticaly makes the ruling go against himself. So he will get it, we just have to wait it out.

My mom had emergency gall bladder surgery this mornin, so my 16y/o DD is sittin with her so I don't have to. She said her mamma gets too cranky and demanding after surgeries for me to deal with right now. She's right. I'd rather not have to deal with it right now.

Well, we're about to head out to do more clean-up. I'll check back later and try to catch up with everyone. Bye for now!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  12:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Angela! Sweetie! I am so sorry! I hope you are doing a little better. Ugh! I'm so sorry you are having a rough patch of it right now. It will get better. You have such an amazing attitude, even being down in the dumps and you are my hero. Take care of yourself and try to get some rest.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  4:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry to hear that. I will be praying that God shower you with peace and love. You need that more than anything else. Rest in the shadow of His wings and let him carry this all for you.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  4:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Angela! Honey I'm so, so sorry. Please take care of yourself!
You DO have an amazing attitude. I'm so proud of you and at the same time my heart aches for your loss.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  4:29:06 PM  Show Profile
Angela, that is terrible! You will be in my prayers!
Not much to report tonight, except I'm so ready for Friday!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  7:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I am so sorry to hear all of that. I pray that God will just wrap His arms of love around you and comfort you. You definitely have a good attitude. I pray your husband finds steady work soon.

Luanne, do you have an extractor to get that honey out? We used to do it by hand when I was growing up. It was something! Loved to eat it and chew on the comb for a while. How many hives do you have? I have been thinking of getting some. We haven't ever had them at this place. It is getting harder and harder to keep hives around here, do yall have that problem in PA?

Pam, I hope you find just the right job for you soon too.

Well, I will talk with you later. Have a great night!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  12:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sweet Angela...I am so sorry about the Heart Attack and the loss of the baby!!! We all knew you were under a lot of stress and responsibility but never dreamed all of it would come crashing down on you soooo hard! You obviously need to take it way easier on yourself. You do not have to be "Wonder-Woman"!!!! I am glad that your husband is keeping a protective eye on you! PLEASE SLOW DOWN and learn to RELAX! Stop and smell the flowers sweetie! Your kids are not going to care that you kept a spotless house or were the best cook in the county or that you helped every needy family member you have...but they are going to care if they have a Mother or not!
It is time to think about yourself, your kids and your husband and let the rest of the family fend for themselves. They are all grown-ups with the same resources available to them, as were available to you. OK...I will get off of my Soapbox now...but your news just really shook me up...out of concern for you. Please know that you are loved, prayed for and cared about.

Hugs and Love,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  04:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Janet -

This year we had 9 hives, but recently lost 2. We have an 18 frame electric extractor now, but we started out with a hand crank extractor when we only had a couple of hives, then graduated to a 6 frame electric - and now we are up to an 18. We (and a lot of other bee keepers in our area) lost all of our hives last year when the county sprayed for gypsy moths. They are supposed to notify bee keepers in advance so we can close and cover our hives, but failed to do so. When we tried to complain, they wouldn't even talk to us.

Angela - I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles. Prayin' for you, my farmgirl friend.

I'm off from work tomorrow to do the honey over a long weekend, so will be out of touch until Monday. Have a good weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm so sorry about your heart attack and baby. How scary and painful that must have been. Please find a way to get some rest. Learn to do some meditation daily.. you need some quiet time to feel at peace. Glad you have your daughter to help you out. I'll pray you will get better and life will get back on track.
Megan, I'm glad at least surgery will get you back on the field someday. Hang in there. It is a little scary then after wards you realize it wasn't so bad.
I haven't had much going on. I spent all day yesterday trying to get an old car smogged and registered finally after a year sitting in my yard. I found a wonderful auto repair and smog shop that even though it didn't pass at first they spent the time to figure it out and get it to pass. Then for the first time in I don't know how many years.. I want clothes shopping. I hate shopping for clothes.. I have gained weight. Being a short rolly polly doesn't fit in with most of the fashions now days. It just gives me more fuel to work on losing weight. But I needed some nice clothes in case I need to go to job interviews.
My mom is getting excited about me moving up. She is having the basement and my bedroom painted for me.
My border should be out by next weekend. I get to spend the last month in my house without him.. yea!
Well, I need to get ready for work. Later for now porchies.. no more health scares!!!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  1:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Luanne and Bunny...Thank You, Thank You, Thank You~for the b-day packages! WOW it was a Wonderful Farmgirl mail day at my house today!!! I feel so very blessed! Bunny I loved what you made for me (again) I feel blessed by your talents. The adorable flowers will go perfectly on a felted purse that I just swapped for and the Fabric Art is going right next to the other one you made for me! Luanne...I didn't realize that we were suppose to do little
b-day gifts and I absolutely love what you made for me...so, now I feel like the farmgirl b-day scrooge just sending you a card for your birthday...so, you will be getting something in the mail and please forgive my fibro-fog brain for not understanding it all. You two really do lovely sewing work!!! And I feel extra blessed by your talents because I have no talent in that area what so ever (but wish I did tho).

Extra Big Hugs To My Porchies,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 21 2010 1:07:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page