Page: of 20

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Yikes! I knew it's been a while since I've been at the site...is there still room?
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:25:50 AM  Show Profile
I just got off the phone with Kathy,the owner of Bishop's Cottage where the luncheon will be held.She is so sweet! : )I told her about our group of farmgirls from all over the state. I agree Siobhan,I'm going to go! How many others from this group are going to come? Come on this is actually close enough to me that I can meet you girls!! : )
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:31:09 AM  Show Profile
I guess it would be JessieMae who would be organizing a list of us, right? Whoever is keeping the list, you can go ahead and put me down. My hubby said I can go for sure. I just need to send someone a check right away since I'm halfway across the state from most of you girls out east.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:45:01 AM  Show Profile
We need to know by thursday if possible how many want to come...Kathy,isn't the one making the arrangements so she's going to check with that person and find out the rest of the info and wants me to call her back in two days(thursday).
So we have 3 of us ...how many more are able to come?There is a limit for the luncheon of 50-60.

Edited by - cj6 on Jun 01 2010 11:47:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  8:37:32 PM  Show Profile
It makes me sick to miss out on the fun, but I'm going to be in Oregon until June 21, so somebody else will need to organize this one.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  05:33:10 AM  Show Profile
I guess I'm just not quite sure why we have to send the payments in as a group. I'm going to have to send my payment to someone anyways and then they will have to wait for everyone else's payments and then send them in with a list and in the process the whole luncheon might fill up before we even get a chance.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  07:35:05 AM  Show Profile
I agree...that always takes up so much time. I never liked that idea when I was in the classroom and had the book club orders either. -- I need to add that I'm a little concerned that maybe not everyone is aware either.... I just "happened" to drop back in this week (things have been so hectic).....

One more edit...On my "list" I count 27 of us just in this discussion group alone from MI. That doesn't count the group of "Dandelion Farmgirls" that KKprice mentioned earlier....Unfortunately I don't have everyone's email to let everyone know about this event. It seems like a tight turn-a-round to get everyone on the same page by tomorrow..get checks sent to someone, who can then send them altogether...(considering how long it took to plan the get together at the pub in Lansing)

Cj6 are you willing to gather up all names/checks/and get them to the right person for the lunch?

Final Edit....I just sent everyone I had on the list a short email message regarding the luncheon...except us (siobhan, cj6, JessieMae) and I think brightmeadow got a message twice (sorry)...and a couple people didn't have email addresses....SO. Hopefully everyone will check this forum and respond today/tomorrow regard attendance. THEN cj6...if you are willing to head up the rest we can figure out how to get our $$ over to Carol/or the B&B for lunch...

Edited by - StarMeadow on Jun 02 2010 08:11:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  08:52:16 AM  Show Profile
I can do that...I'm suppose to call Kathy back tomorrow and see if she's been able to get the rest of the details and then she'll let me know about getting the $ to her. Lets get a head count and I'll find out the rest,hopefully tomorrow.
I think the reason for doing it as a group is that most groups aren't as scattered,distance wise as ours is...therefore being they live nearer each other it would be easier to collect the $ and send it all at once.

Edited by - cj6 on Jun 02 2010 08:57:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:11:55 AM  Show Profile
Well, put me on the list and let me know your address so I can send you a check, cj6. Are we making the checks out to Kathy and just sending them all together? Or will we make them out to you?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile
I would sooooooo love to meet all of you. Let's do this. Since we're low on time for giving the B&B group money for lunch, give my daughter megan@maryjanesfarm.org a head count ASAP and she will take care of the $ in advance thingy and then when you show up, you can put your tab in a jar that we'll have sitting out. I want to meet as many of you as possible. Sorry for the hurry-up timing part of it.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:54:24 AM  Show Profile
OH WOW!!! The Farm Goddess herself has intervened on our behalf...THANK YOU!!!! Well, hopefully everyone will read my little message to their home addresses...get on to the forum and see that Ms. MaryJane has personally invited us all to lunch (how cool) and respond! Let's keep this tight on her behalf and respond quickly!!! This is going to be so fun! (AND cj...right in YOUR neck of the woods too!)...
Go to Top of Page

DonnaJo
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

DJ

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  09:59:48 AM  Show Profile
About Grosse Isle: I will check if I'm working or not and contact the B&B directly.
About the cheese making Saturday- what part of the state might that be held in?
Thanks! Garden is mostly in. Weeds 1/3 pulled...
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  10:25:13 AM  Show Profile
Ok everyone we have a personal invite from Mary Jane herself! the link to Megan is up above on her post so why don't we all contact Megan directly through the link and let her know if we are coming (as was suggested by Mary Jane) and we'll see each other at the luncheon!
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  11:07:20 AM  Show Profile
No problem on the hurry, MaryJane. We're just excited to get the chance to have lunch with you :) It will be fun. I'm so thankful that I didn't have anything planned for that day and that my hubby is finding a babysitter for the kiddos so I can go! Thanks for giving us some instructions to make it easier.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

LeraJo
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Lera
Brighton Michigan
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  12:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Fellow FGs,
I am so sorry to have to miss this opportunity, but I have to work that day. Thanks for the personal note--whoever sent it--I really appreciate it. I will be thinking happy thoughts that day for all of you and Mary Jane, too!!!

Lera in Brighton
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm in. My sister (Rodeo Rise)and I are going for sure Am emailing Meg
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  7:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Count me in.... I am only like 10 minutes away from the island and DH said no problem... I am so excited to meet everyone... especially since I wasn't able to attend in April!

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  05:07:39 AM  Show Profile
This is great! Hey thanks vintagediva for the offer of a ride. I emailed you. Love to tag along with you and Rise.

So far I've counted 6 yes and a maybe. Me, cj6, Siobhan, vintagediva1, rodeorise, and yart on the yes...and donnajo as a maybe.

From MaryJane's message, it looked like we were supposed to give Megan a headcount...and I'd like to do that first thing tomorrow morning (just to give everyone a chance to sound off) I think a couple people already contacted her and I think one person may have called the B & B.

I haven't heard anything from the "Dandelion Farmgirls" over by Davisburg and Holly...Are you ladies coming??? I get the feeling from your messages that you all have had some "established" activities already and it would be great to meet you to hear about them!
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  06:06:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody!

Wow! I'm dizzy from reading soooo many posts. 13 pages of Farmgirls of the Mitten ... you gals are awesome! I don't spend much time on the computer so I had a lot of catching up to do. My name is Tracey and I am lucky enough to be Beverley's "Farmgirl Friend". But I didn't know about the Mitten Sisterhood until this week!

I'm on Grosse Ile, Michigan ... and I would love to be part of your group. I guess you have heard by now that MaryJane is coming to Grosse Ile!! I was fortunate enough to win MaryJane's ornament contest a while back, here is the link if you are interested: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13795&whichpage=1
You can see all the ornaments in this gallery: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/contest-xmas/gallery.html - to see the whole tree just click on the ornament photo.

Well, enough tripping down memory lane ... we have some new memories to make!! I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!

Farmgirl Hugs,

Tracey
Farmgirl #114

Life is sweet ... Bee happy!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  07:01:35 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Traceyg!! Looking forward to meeting you in Gross Ile!
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Tracey! Glad you found us! Can't wait to meet you in Grosse Ile!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello! The Dandelion Farmgirls are here and blooming! I've been busy contacting everyone as I just got word of this event last night! We will have five ladies coming to the gathering on the 15th. I am so excited. We get to mee the Dali Lama of farmgirls. I will email Megan as well. Please let me know what I/we need to do in regards to payment. Hugs all around! Karen

Follow your bliss!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  09:35:56 AM  Show Profile
This is what Mary Janes said...we need to contact Megan through the link on Mary Janes post,let her know how many are coming,Megan will pay the B and B for everyone coming and then Mary Jane will have ajar at the luncheon for us to put our money in .
I'll be calling Kathy,at the B and B this afternoon as I promised her the other day.
Tracey,I'm soooooo excited for you...having won the contest,that is allowing all of us a chance to meet Mary Jane! Thank you! I'm looking forward to meeting you on the 15th as well!

Edited by - cj6 on Jun 03 2010 09:39:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  09:49:07 AM  Show Profile
I already contacted Meg for my reservation. Can't wait to see all my MI farmgirls there!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  6:09:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry I won't be able to make this - I have a meeting at work that I just scheduled today!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page