peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  07:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone! I just hung up the phone with Miss Kris and had to come right here and see what she wrote! hee,hee...Kris you absolutely could teach a cheese making class as well as showing us how to milk the goat! (I'm going over there today girls...we'll talk:)- perhaps a little thrift shopping will help!! Kris' cheese is wonderful and part of the fun is all learning how to do it together! We could have a cheese and soap making day! Fabulous!! Before I get all excited about this I better talk to Kris and get through my daughters graduation party in June! Since I know Miss Kris is going to read this before I get over to her house - I'm offering my house for a cheese making and soap making day! hee,hee!!

I have to say I do understand summer is a very busy time of year around here too but maybe we can pull it off if we all work it out together:)

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://bluejeancountry.etsy.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Edited by - peachy on May 05 2010 08:03:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  07:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Yes, summer is busy for me too, but I can definitely fit in a farmgirl project day or two!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  07:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan, you're not far from us! Do you come this direction often to visit family?

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Edited by - peachy on May 05 2010 08:00:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  09:31:15 AM  Show Profile
Usually we only go to Hudsonville to visit my hubby's parents. But he has an aunt and a cousin that live out that way. I haven't visited with them out there in a few years. Actually, the last time I was out that way was for the Michigan Fiber Fest in Allegan. And I used to go out to Marr Haven Farms to buy wool and yarn, but she isn't getting her wool spun anymore (at least not the last time I checked). I'd love to come out and visit you farmgirls out that way though!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  5:55:00 PM  Show Profile
I love the cheese idea since I so want to learn to make Cheddar. keep me posted
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  10:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
I'm still working on this wonderful cheese making idea!! My daughters graduation open house is June 19 so....I'm thinking sometime after that I will perhaps have my head on a bit clearer:) heehee!! Tell me, are there any soap makers out there? I'm wondering if we might just have to pick cheese or soap to do in 1 day? I'll talk to Kris but I'm thinking both may be kind of a long process? If anyones knows please let me know:)

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

Lera
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

1 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  11:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello,
My name is Lera and I live in Brighton. I grew up a farm girl and now live in the burbs. Hoewever, I know lots of farmgirl stuff like canning and such. Is there a group nearby for me to join? Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  1:30:36 PM  Show Profile
Lera,
This is the group for you. We have farmgirls all over the state and try to meet up when we can.
I, too, am in Brighton as is my sister, theresa is in fowlerville and others are all over from the western suburbs to Lansing area to the West side of the state.
Email me if you would like to meet for coffee
Michele

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  3:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Lera,welcome! I know a little about canning we've done tomatoes,applesauce and last year made peach jam but,I'd sure love to learn how to can other things this year.
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  3:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh,sorry I forgot to tell you....I'm down here in Monroe.
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  04:30:13 AM  Show Profile
Hey Lera...Theresa here, from Fowlerville. Ok we aren't quite the "burbs" over here but I still know how to order a latte at the coffee shop. :-) Let me know when you and Michelle are hooking up for coffee! I might be able to swing by! I've never checked out the Brighton Farmers Market either (at least in the past 15 years)...when does that open up? Maybe we could meet for coffee and check out the market? (I used to live on Brighton Lake Road years ago.)
Go to Top of Page

horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  05:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Gals,

Clarkston has a teeny tiny little farmers market that just got off the ground a few years ago. But it's a swell little town - and we have coffee shops, too. Let us know if you want a Saturday morning road trip to Clarkston. Brighton is not that far away.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Theresa,
The farmer's market in Brighton is open now. Mostly just flowers and asparagus. I would love to meet up for coffee there any Saturday. let me know what works for you
Michele

Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  10:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Cheese Making? I haven't forgot about this...still working on my daughters graduation but I always like to start more than one thing at once! LOL Can we start throwing out some dates that may work and who would like to come? June won't work with graduation but I'm open to any ideas in July/August. I believe if this all works out we'll have it at my house (Fennville/Glenn area) also Kris and I were talking and thought we could probably only do a cheese making class and not soap since both it seems are a bit time consuming. Any interest? Let me know:)

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, I'm in for the cheesemaking.
\Michele

Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  12:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Great Michele!! 3 of us so far - how many more mitten girls can we get over here for a cheese making class? Let's start throwing out some dates that may work for everyone also - that way I can start checking with Miss Kris on her dates:)

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  1:28:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm in if it's a date I can make. Fridays are not good for me. Saturday mornings are awesome.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Saturdays would be good if I can ride share with someone from over here by monroe.How early?
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  3:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michigan Mittens!! its hot today.....!!!
I work saturdays - get home early afternoon -- Hi peachs! Have a great week!!! Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

mooselovingmamabear
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
MI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  04:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see mooselovingmamabear's MSN Messenger address
Hi Mitten Girls...

Long time since I've been on...but, glad to be back!! Almost time for strawberry jam making...yum... where's your fav place to pick/get your berries with the best prices?? (unless you are blessed to have enough of your own plants... )

~~gail~~aka:Farmgirl #388 & mooselovingmamabear
It's the Great Pumpkin
Go to Top of Page

mooselovingmamabear
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
MI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  04:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see mooselovingmamabear's MSN Messenger address
I'd love to learn how to make cheese! Saturdays would be the best for me also....

~~gail~~aka:Farmgirl #388 & mooselovingmamabear
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  06:32:32 AM  Show Profile
I think we need to find out what days are best for Miss Kris to teach the workshop
Michele

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm up for a little cheesemaking if the time is right.

I'd be interested in a good jam recipe for strawberries too, BTW. Something not quite so sweet though but w/out artifical sweetner. My fam loves strawberry jam and I'm tired of buying the store stuff. I have a nice small freezer, so I'm willing to do some freezer jam too. (I remember eating it right out of the container partially frozen when I was a kid...yum!)
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  08:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Any chance any of you Michigan farmgirls can make it to Grosse Ile on June 15:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42983

I'm sure MaryJane would LOVE to meet you!

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:02:14 AM  Show Profile
I am so there! I guess I need to wait to see if others in the chapter are going too before I can sign up, huh? How many spots are available? I don't want to miss out.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page