StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  08:35:34 AM  Show Profile
It's a GO!

Michigan Farmgirls will be meeting at Claddaugh Pub in the Eastwoode Towne Center Mall in Lansing on Saturday April 10 at 1pm! They've reserved a space for us for about twelve people.

Wear your "farmgirl gear". Last time we wore aprons...but if you have your jacket (Jessee) that would be great too.

Can hardly wait to see you all.

Tell you what...how about you respond to me privately with a confirmation...so I can let Claddaugh know that week just how many are coming. I guessed about 12.
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  04:25:12 AM  Show Profile
Sweet! :D

Farmgirl sister #779

http://symbioticstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  8:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls~I've missed all of you! Life as been "hectic" to say the least and I'm just catching up with reading everything here! I would loooovvveee to go but I'm still not 100% sure what all the kids are up to for spring break that week, my dh is taking that week as his lay off and I'm not sure if I have a health issue to be concerned about or not...will hopefully find out more next week:)

Sarah, we're soooo close...we'll have to meet up soon! I'm in S.Haven almost every week at TSC!

I'll try to figure out what's going on over here on my end...don't plan on me as of right now:( I may just have to give all of ya my cell number and a pic so I can "be there in spirit" lol:)

Take care!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  11:11:37 AM  Show Profile
This is a great time for me to get member "stuff" to all of you who haven't gotten any yet. If you haven't gotten your goodies yet, send me an e-mail with the name you'd like printed on your membership certificate (Jessie Yonkovit, JessieMae1976, or Jessie, etc.) and I'll bring them with me to the meeting!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  12:18:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessie. I'll be glad to see you again... About member "stuff"...can you also bring info about how to do that? I'm sure it's probably been said on the boards or something..but alas...I guess I need the "hands on" approach.

I may be a tad late...but I'll be sure our group is under Michigan Farmgirls... I'm hoping to build a worm farm with my son through MSU that day too. We'll see. I haven't been confirmed yet. That activity ends at 12:30...so should be plenty of time to pack the wigglers up and get to the mall. :-)

See you all soon!!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  5:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Yup, no problem. I'll pack up my "paraphernalia" and bring it along!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  04:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies...Just a little more info about the pub experience on April 10 at 1pm...

Manager with whom I confirmed this little shin-dig is Brian Pell. Claddaugh phone is 517.484.2523 (Just in case)

So far there are 9 of us who have expressed interest/confirmed in going, including: Raspberry Bee, JessieMae, Peachy, Vintagediva1, rodeorise, gr8tfulmom, Yart, Clothedinscarlet, and Me! :-) Hope I didn't miss anyone...of course EVERYONE is welcome!

I've been trying to keep track of us all just for yucks...and so far I'm counting 20 of us, who have chimed in on this conversation all the way from Atlanta in northern lower michigan to the west coast of MI to Monroe in the southeast. And of course there's N@N in AR (who's got her little piece of MI in Barton City). How cool.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  06:36:35 AM  Show Profile
What exactly do I need to do to become an "official" member Jessie Mae? I've been confused about that whole process since joining the sisterhood. Do I need to join an official henhouse or what? What's the difference between a chapter and a henhouse? Sorry, I'm just a little confused :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  11:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Ditto Siobhan on the member stuff I recd a package when I first joined, but I'm thinking it is not the same thing? yeah, confused, lol.

We are still planning on it, can't wait to meet you ladies

Farmgirl sister #779

http://symbioticstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:08:11 PM  Show Profile
I can go over this in more detail when we meet up, but in short, there are two kinds of membership:
1. Farmgirl Sisterhood. This is the "official" sisterhood that you pay for through MaryJane's website (I think it's $20). You get a certificate, a number (mine is 134), and you can earn merit badges. This is kind of like the "national" membership.
2. Farmgirls of the Mitten Sisterhood. This is kind loosely-knit group of Farmgirls from all over Michigan. Membership is free, and you get a certificate, a bumper sticker, and some little cards to hand out. We try to get together every so often.
You can be a member of both, either, or neither! I'll bring examples so you all can see the difference.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile
So you just need our name for the certificate then if we want to join now?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  1:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Yep. Whatever name you want printed on your certificate.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  2:06:13 PM  Show Profile
How about Siobhan, AKA Liza-Jane ;)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  04:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Totally cool! I'm feeling a need to "work" on badges. It was a compulsion of sorts, when I was a Girl Scout....
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  05:09:36 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Michigan Farmgirls - I'm also from SE Michigan. I would love to join the MI group!
Go to Top of Page

mustardseedfarm
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Tracy
Walker MI
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  05:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Michigan farmgirls! My name is Tracy and I live on the SW side of the state. I am so excited to be joining just in time to attend the Lansing meeting. I shall be there....must start working on my membership badge quickly. :-D

"Run through life with wild abandonment but don't carry scissors." Lady Abigail Snippenmeyer
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  05:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! Welcome! Hope to see you in Lansing on Sat April 10 from 1-3 at Claddagh Irish Pub at the Eastwood Towne Center mall.
Just type this into google maps: 2900 Towne Centre Blvd, Lansing, MI 48912-5615 and away you go!
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  06:19:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello Tracy and Cindy!!! Looking forward to having lunch with you in a couple of weeks :-)

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  04:12:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm planning on meeting with you all --we've just started up the Dandelion Farmgirls in the Davisburg/Holly/Waterford (south of Flint) area and would love some more connections. I will try to bring some more of our ladies.

Follow your bliss!
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  06:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Karen,
Glad to hear yuou'll be there
Michele Bring the nose, okay?

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  01:00:13 AM  Show Profile
cgonyer,you are very close to me here in monroe....mater of fact,I'm actually over that way on wednsdays.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  06:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Michigan farmgirls! Anyone else super excited about Saturday?!? Is there anything I need to know before attending? I've never met up with a Chapter yet. I'm imagining I should do something about my Sisterhood badge, maybe find a way to wear it or something. Also, I hope it's OK with you all if I bring my youngest son with me as he's still nursing. He's only 8 months old and is a very well behaved boy.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  06:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Yippee, I can't wait for Saturday.
Siobhan, would we really be true Farmgirls if we didn't support nursing moms and babies? Can't wait to meet you and your little guy.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

mustardseedfarm
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Tracy
Walker MI
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:04:41 AM  Show Profile
I'm excited about Saturday, yes! I hope the weather improves--it's been dicey around here for the past couple of days.

"Run through life with wild abandonment but don't carry scissors." Lady Abigail Snippenmeyer
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  7:17:37 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to let everyone know that I will either be bringing my husband or my oldest daughter... it such a long drive I just want to make sure I have company. Hope that no one minds!

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page