Rodeorise
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rise
Brighton Mi
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  08:21:32 AM  Show Profile
It is starting to look like April 10 is the best date for the majority.
Please get back to me if you can make it and I will get with the Lansing gals to set up a time and place to meet.
Michele

Farmgirls for Peace
www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  08:23:27 AM  Show Profile
OOPS!!!
My sister (Rodeo Rise) was logged on so the above post is actually from me, not her.
Thorougly confused? That's haw we live our lives LOL
Michele

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  09:12:03 AM  Show Profile
hey rise do you still have that pattern for the change purse made out of orange juice cartons??? Would love to have it!! Bev

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rodeorise
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rise
Brighton Mi
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  3:24:56 PM  Show Profile
HI bEVERLY,
pLEASE SEND ME your address and I will put it in the mail
Rise'

Farmgirls for Peace
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  6:29:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey, all...add me to the list for the next gathering! Eastwood Towne Plaza is only 20 minutes from home for me!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  03:52:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey y'all! I'm good for April 10 as well....unless of course I get uber lucky and can swing a break out of state for a minute. That's the tail end of spring break for us. My guess is...East Towne Mall will be my "break".... :-)
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  3:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Hey guys, just poppin in. April 10 will work well for me as well. I'll go ahead and place a request to get it off. :)

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  5:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Looks like April 10 is the best date.
Now, we need one of you from the Lansing area to decide on a time and place at the east towne mall for us to meet up.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:31:50 AM  Show Profile
April in Lansing should work, barring anything nutty (knock wood), though I may have a 4 y/o tag-along. Melissa if you can/want to go we can carpool - Michelle as well, if it makes logistical sense to come south first we have a quad cab truck, so plenty of room :) I'm excited to meet you ladies!

Farmgirl sister #779

http://symbioticstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  9:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Well i guess having computer issues and not being able to visit for awhile alot has happened....many months ago i came on here looking for other farmgirls hopefully near me,through that we've found that there are farmgirls all over michigan!at one time there was talk of meeting down this way,as it's difficult for me to go too far(one car and children still at home)and there are some wonderful craft and antique stores here,as well as the most wonderful cafe...it seems that most are too far from here and would rather not come down this way after all.
Yart,I'd love to connect with you when you're able to be out and about again.It's gets kind of lonely not having anyone who understands a farmgirl's heart(even one who can only long for the country at the moment).
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  10:59:33 AM  Show Profile
If no one else is able or willing to pull this together, I can do it. How many people are coming, so I know what size restaurant / meeting room to look for at Eastwood Towne Centre?

Claddaugh Irish Pub is always fun and has lots of little seating nooks. Smokey Bones (bbq) is more "farmgirl-y," but I've never had a good meal there. There also is a Max and Erma's (American fare), P.F. Chang's (Asian), McAlister's (deli, with the best sweet tea other than my Aunt Jo's), and Johnny Rockets (retro diner). There is also a Mitchell's Fish Market and an Italian restaurant whose name escapes me, but both of them are very expensive.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  11:28:42 AM  Show Profile
I would be willing to help you out Jessie. I have been wondering about offering like you as no one seems to be stepping up but was not sure I could not being a Mitten Sister...hence my email to you :-) I personally vote for Claddaugh - We drove over for my DH's birthday dinner at Smokey Bones (he loves BBQ/smoked meats) and it was terrible. Never ever need to go there again. We usually do Mitchell's and we will do it up right this year for sure. Everytime we have gone to Claddaugh we have enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Off to walk the dog in the sunshine - I am trying not to expect the sun each morning I wake up but....Loving the sun and blue sky.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Rodeorise
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rise
Brighton Mi
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile
Claddagh sounds great. Why don't you gals have evrybody that is coming contact you so you can get a count and then post here the time and place
Michele
I'll be there!!!
Michele

Farmgirls for Peace
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  07:17:39 AM  Show Profile
I'll do whatever needs to be done, but I'm not really familiar with the area. Checked out Claddaugh's website, it looks like a fun place. If anyone from this side of the state or points between would like to carpool, caravan, etc, we're up for it, probably be taking M43 & I94 E.

Farmgirl sister #779

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  3:28:57 PM  Show Profile
Jesse...I can help too. I've been swamped at work and really stressed out. I've had 3 major headaches in the last week or so requiring lots of ice packs, darkness, and narcotics....it's (I've) been ugly. I've never been to the Irish pub before. Love to go! What's wrong with that picture? Short, ample, redhead, with a firey Irish temper, who's never been to the pub? Yikes. If I went on St. Pat's day wearing green...I'd be bound to win some kind of prize... How about I bring some name tags/stuff like last time? Oh and I finally got a nice jacket like yours that I'm hoping to "snaz" up in some farm girly way...till I found this other one with big pink roses on it..that might just suit me better.

Also...can hardly wait to hear about your new fam. Hope is all still progressing in that area for you.

----OK...editing here....just sent off an email to Claddaugh to see what was what. Just a quick fact-finding thing. No commitments. Told them I'd never been there and asked what they had for 12-15 women in a group....I'll post what they email back. Sorry to steal anyone's thunder or anything...like I said...just a little fact-finding.

Edited by - StarMeadow on Mar 10 2010 3:38:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:35:29 AM  Show Profile
You go theresa,
How could actually taking the bull by the horns and starting the ball rolling (enough cliches for ya?) be considered as stealing anyone's thunder?
Thanks for doing this.
Do you want us to pick you up and ride together.
We will probably also stop at the quilt shop
Michele

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:55:44 AM  Show Profile
No thunder stealing. I sent an e-mail tp Cladduagh last week and have not heard back from them...yet. I thought that might be an easy and concise way to get/give info. I have not thought about it again till your post as I have been in near panic mode getting ready to be out of town for a week. Fingers crossed one of us gets an email :-)

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  09:06:44 AM  Show Profile
OK...ladies. Got TWO messages back from the pub...one from the sales manager and one from the marketing manager...man, they must really want our smiling faces at that pub! Karen...who knows why you didn't get an email back. I also got an email from corporate telling me that an email was coming? A little overkill IMHO..but ah well...

They said we can book for two hour blocks of time. Enough for lunch and a visit and then maybe heading out someplace else...if anyone is interested. So...what time? 12-2 or 1-3? Some folks have a long drive to get there...so maybe 1? Weigh in, I'll take the majority and then email the pub tomorrow afternoon....

Michelle thanks for the ride offer...but I think I'll drive myself cause I'll either be cutting it short...OR running an extra errand. :-)

This is all based on the assumption that the Irish gig was "it". Seemed like all the buzz was about the pub.
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  09:14:17 AM  Show Profile
Well, I wil try and not be too jealous that you got 3 emails :-) I am all for the irish pub and 12-2. I leave early (7am flight- ugh) tomorrow and will not be back for 10 days so I will check back in then to see what the verdict of time will be. Till then take care and no more headaches okay!!!

-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Rodeorise
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rise
Brighton Mi
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  3:46:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm still in. 1-3 works
michele

Farmgirls for Peace
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  08:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Either time works for us and thank you ladies for emailing for info - no thunder stolen at all, lol! Dh actually needed to make a trip to lansing, so he will be taking the tag-a-long with him and dropping me off ;) We do still have a couple middle seats and a door seat if anyone wants to carpool.

Farmgirl sister #779

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  1:50:41 PM  Show Profile
Rodeo rise and I will be there. Either time works
Michele

Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:15:46 PM  Show Profile
1-3 sounds great for me.

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Either time will work for me too. Are we still going with the 10th? I've never eaten at Claddaugh, but if it's even half as good as Dublin Square in East Lansing, then I'm sure it will be awesome!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  4:48:44 PM  Show Profile
K all...emailing Claddaugh. April 10 from 1-3. I'll let you know when they confirm. :-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page