Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

barb
mary esther fl
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  8:10:34 PM  Show Profile
merry meet, everyone!

imagine my surprise to see this thread featured on the front page!

i am new to maryjanesfarm and this is the first place i've visited. i have been a solo mostly-not-practitioner since 1992 and would greatly enjoy a community that blends my spiritual and lifestyle beliefs.

off now to explore some more, hope to get to know all of you soon.

barb, aka thatpaganwoman
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  05:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Glad to meet you Barb! How fabulous that this thread popped up for you on the first page. :)You'll find lots to like here at MJF. Its a great group of farmgals. :) I look forward to learning more about (and from) you!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  05:32:08 AM  Show Profile
MM & welcome to MJF :) On the 1st page?!? WoW!!! How COOL is that! Nice to meet you. I agree w/ FarmMilkMama, You will be hard pressed to NOT find stuff to like & do.

BB~
Beverly

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  10:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hi Amy,

I have a couple of suggestions for some witchy music. My ultimate favorite is Loreena McKennitt. She has a beautiful voice, and her music is just gorgeous. You may or may not remember a couple of years ago she did a great song entitled, The Mummer's Dance. Here is the link to the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxTpvA-pUG0

The other music I listen to is by a group called Clannad. Enya was originally part of this group before she went off and did her own thing.

I LOVE your quote by Oscar Wilde! And it's quite true!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  8:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Merry meet, ladies. I have a little something that I don't know which direction to move in. It seems my 3-year-old g-daughter "sees" people who aren't there -- and I don't mean imaginary playmates. There seems to be 3 at their home (Jeremy and Candace live upstairs - the attic - and Donny - who is a full grown man - lives in the garage). One of my SIL's soldiers came over for a cookout and she proceeded to tell him all about his grandmother and how she is with him and really nice. He got really upset that they had told her his GM had recently died - however, they didn't know. He told them Shy is weird and won't come back to their house. We've had a few things happen in our house and she has told us "Scratch-Scratch" lives upstairs in our bedroom area. She has also seen something at one of DD's friend's houses but they won't tell the friend because she is already uncomfortable there and they don't want to freak her out.

DD is trying to be okay with it, but doesn't know how to guide her. I've told her to tell Shy that she can't see them because she's too old, but to get what info she can and be supportive, except that she is kind of freaked out by it. I'm very okay with it as I used dream things that would happen later.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what we can do to guide her and help her develop this gift without making her the "weird" kid in her group.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  8:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow KayB! I would also love suggestions on this as well as my seven year old is constantly telling me he sees people. He's done this since he was very little. He's just now asking to get books about these things so he can "explore this" on his own. (He's a very good reader.) I myself had had experiences with this (not seeing them, but feeling them), but I guess, like you KayB, I'm wondering exactly how to guide him in this. This isn't really something they write books about for kids. Or at least as far as I've found. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  8:46:01 PM  Show Profile
And thanks Carol for the links. I do know that first song you linked to! Thanks for the reminder. I love learning all these great things from you ladies!!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Barb. So glad you found this thread. Everyone here is so helpful with all the information they personally have used or read.

Kay and Amy - I hope you can find something out there to help with the kids. They have a "gift" and are not weird. I've read or heard that everyone has this ability - it's just that most people don't really know it and then there are the ones who are more blessed with this gift but don't understand how to use it. In time things will work out. There has to be others out there on the internet that would be able to give you advice and guidance. Good luck to you. Keep us all informed on how things work out with the kids.

Loreena McKennitt is wonderful! I want to get dressed in a floaty long skirt and gause top and go barefoot and dance around a fire with the full moon shining. When I first heard The Mummer's Dance I was hooked.

Peace and Love to All
Annie
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  7:56:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to see them next weekend and then they are coming to stay with us for a while when SIL leave for school. After that, they're off to Europe. DD is excited and I told her that if she goes to Germany, think what fun Shy will have because of everything that happened over there. Now DD is breathing deeply and hoping to cope with it, which I know she will. See, we've smelled fresh cigarette smoke and when my hands are full the back door opens to let me into the laundry room. We've lived here about 6 years and are not afraid, just curious. One night "someone" pounded up the stairs into our bedroom, but neither one of us looked. However, Shy stood at the foot of the stairs and that's when I heard about "Scratch-Scratch". I'm going to ask her more about him later.

I feel this is indeed a gift, so I'm hoping we can find a way to help her develop it.

KayB

Go to Top of Page

magpie52
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

barb
mary esther fl
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  8:11:57 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the welcome, everyone. i'm looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you.

i want to dance too! floaty is good; i've recently given in and started wearing calf- or ankle-length skirts quite often. that, combined with my burgeoning love of purple, seems to be an outward expression of my inner different-ness. i've also acquired a couple of tattoos--triple goddess on my left ankle, moon and stars on the outer edge and wrist of my right hand. anybody else experiencing this sort of coming out?

for kay and amy, i wonder if you've seen psychic kids: children of the paranormal. if you haven't, you might find it quite instructive. i can't remember which network it's on; doing a search should turn it up and might also turn up some sources for help and instruction. above all, i think it's important to emphasize to the children that there is nothing wrong with them, they're not weird or strange; they just have access to a wonderful gift that most people aren't aware they have.

barb, tpw

Mother Earth, you are my life support system. As a child I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay, and eat your green skin. Help me to balance myself, as you hold in balance the Earth, the Sea, and Space environments. Help me open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me. I pray my feet will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat. Carry my body through space and time. You are my connection to the universe and all that comes after. I am yours and you are mine. I salute you.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  5:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. It's difficult to know what to tell a child. I was one who "saw" things others didn't and my mom used to tell me I was imagining things. After awhile I just quit telling people what I saw. So many folks are freaked out by the idea of a "ghost" or "spirit" wandering around. I see them all the time so the experience is common place for me. I think the best course of action is just to act like it's all totally normal and that it is an extra "gift" that the child has. Let them tell you all about it and act like it's no big deal. I would explain that not everyone sees what they do and that sometimes it's not a good idea to discuss it with just anyone unless they know the person pretty well.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  7:18:55 PM  Show Profile
The network for the Psychic Children is A&E. We've been watching it since it started and I said something about calling them, but DD said not right now. After all, Shy is only 3. But we ar going to work on helping her develop this gift.

KayB

Go to Top of Page

Freyaskitty
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Lisa
Oklahoma City OK
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  4:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Freyaskitty a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!
I was SO happy to find this thread! I'm going to join the official group but wanted to say WASSAIL to everyone. I'm not Wiccan but am a fellow pagan. I'm technically Asatru but even an offshoot of that. And also happy to see another Okie who posted right before I did! HI KayB ~waving hand in air~
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, welcome to our new sisters. good to see everyone posting. just stopped in to say I won't be posting for a while. I have an illness that causes read difficulties with brain fog and cognitive problems. I'm having a bad flair up and have difficulty expressing myself. I'll be checking in to see how everyone is doing, but probably won't be posting.

hope everyone is doing well. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  09:39:37 AM  Show Profile
Phyllis I hope you will be feeling better soon. I am sending good energy your way. Welcome to all new comers - it's so nice to have some new contributions. This thread tends to get quiet from time to time. How is Shy doing with her visitations? Hope all is well with everyone as the cold season descends on us.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:01:42 PM  Show Profile
Phyllis, sending you wellness thoughts and good energy as well for a speedy recovery. There's nothing worse than not feeling like yourself in one way or another.

Blessings, Annie
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  7:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Keeping you in the light, Phyllis, and sending you hugs and positive energy for a quick recovery.

"Women are angels...and if someone breaks our wings...we fly on our brooms...we're flexible like that!" -Unknown
Go to Top of Page

magpie52
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

barb
mary esther fl
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  8:49:43 PM  Show Profile
hang in there, phyllis. be sure to treat yourself gently and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

trying to learn that myself...

barb,tpw

quote:
Originally posted by 4HMom

Keeping you in the light, Phyllis, and sending you hugs and positive energy for a quick recovery.

"Women are angels...and if someone breaks our wings...we fly on our brooms...we're flexible like that!" -Unknown

Mother Earth, you are my life support system. As a child I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay, and eat your green skin. Help me to balance myself, as you hold in balance the Earth, the Sea, and Space environments. Help me open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me. I pray my feet will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat. Carry my body through space and time. You are my connection to the universe and all that comes after. I am yours and you are mine. I salute you. -paraphrase from The Men Who Stare At Goats
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  5:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Kay, just wanted to check in and see how things were going with you and with Shy. Have been thinking of you two and I close my eyes and send you warm blessings. I watch that A&E show on the kids and can't help but think of you. Hope all is well.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

magpie52
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

barb
mary esther fl
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  7:30:26 PM  Show Profile
for kay and amy: here are some resources that might be helpful:

the indigo children: the new kids have arrived, by lee carroll and jan tober, hay house 1999;
all i see is part of me, by chara m curtis, illumination arts publishing company, 1994;
the care and feeding of indigo children, by doreen virtue, hay house, 2001; and
the crystal children: a guide to the newest generation of psychic and sensitive children, hay house, 2003

these are recommended by david morehouse, one of the well-known remote viewers, or psychic spies, in his book 'remote viewing: the complete user's manual for cooridnate remote viewing, published in 2008.

i just got it yesterday and haven't had a chance to get into it but wanted to pass these along.

barb, tpw

Mother Earth, you are my life support system. As a child I must drink your blue water, live inside your red clay, and eat your green skin. Help me to balance myself, as you hold in balance the Earth, the Sea, and Space environments. Help me open my heart, knowing that the Universe will feed me. I pray my feet will always kiss your face, and my footsteps match your heartbeat. Carry my body through space and time. You are my connection to the universe and all that comes after. I am yours and you are mine. I salute you. -paraphrase from The Men Who Stare At Goats
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  10:48:57 AM  Show Profile
I like the crystal children book - I bought it for my step daughter and it was very helpful for dealing with her kids.

Hope everyone is staying warm - we are heading into an Arctic blast. The prediction is for -14 tonight!! The snow is starting to add up, and the wind is kicking. Not going to be a pleasant trek to the barn this afternoon.

Happy turkey day to all.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  4:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Merry Meet Ladies!
I was without the internet at home for awhile and MJF is my first stop on the internet train.
A good book to get a better understanding about Wicca that I'm reading is "Drawing Down the Moon" by Margot Adler. I've owned the book for years but just now reading it. I'm about half way through it and even though I've been pagan for many, many years the book really just puts it all there for me.

Also as a child I use to "see" things no one saw..especially animals. It always frightened me. I wish I had told my mom because later I found out she and her mother use to see things too.

My son recently moved to Alaska in the military and I've been very, very worried about him..thankfully I was blessed with a vision of him walking on a boat wearing a heavy coat.. so I know he's ok. Due to him being on a boat right now we won't have any contact with him until close to Christmas. I miss him.

Thanks for keeping this thread going!
Cheers,
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2010 :  12:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Good to have you back on the thread Cynthia. Have a question to put out to anyone - I've been "hearing" voices. It's like being in a large, crowded room and everyone is talking at the same time and you can't make out what it is they're saying. I've even gotten out of bed to check to see if we left the volume remote on for the tv. It was turned off. I'm wondering if it could be caused by where we live - on top of a mountian in the Black Hills. There was a lot of mining going on where our place is located with a couple of shaft opening. Of course I can't forget the Indians who were living here. So I'm wondering if I'm hearing voices from people who were here first. I know this whole thing sounds crazy. I don't even tell my husband any more when I hear them. I don't know if it's "medical" or "other worldly". When it first started it was once in awhile, but now it can be several times a day I hear the voices. Anybody ever run across something like this or read about it? It doesn't scare me at all, it's just kind of weird to have it start all of a sudden.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  09:33:19 AM  Show Profile
Barb, thank you for the book titles. I'll be looking for them. At least one of my 5 granddaughters may fit it there. Although, I don't really want to pigeon hole her. She is very special. I have seen, heard and experienced many gifts since I can remember (around 2 yrs. old) I call them gifts because they have been life changing for me.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  06:17:08 AM  Show Profile
I will check out these books for Shy. Right now she is doing okay. Mom doesn't bring it up with her but if Shy starts talking about it, Mom talks to her and tries to understand. I'm going to try something when they get up here and get settled in. I found out they will be leaving here earlier than they had thought as they have moved up SIL's report date by 3+ weeks. Gonna miss those girls. I know just the store to hit here in town to find those books, so thanks so much for the info.

I remember "seeing" things when I was young that would happen later down the road - usually within 72 hours. Of course, my mother and grandmother would call it my vivd imagination and blow it off. I'm kind of sorry I lost that ability so that is why I want to help Shy maintain hers and see if her little sister Payton has any special talents when she gets older.

Thank you everybody!!!

KayB

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page