Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  3:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Karrieann Warr (Karrieann #766) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Aprons badge.

"I adapted parts of MaryJane's Apron and created a half apron. I made this one for a special occasion, MaryJane was coming to town! I used two vintage hankies for a pocket, it contained tatted edgings. I made large ruffle hem. I also made a smaller version of this for my Lil Angel. For the frill of it, I wore it to the restaurant, where a few MJ Farmgirls and MaryJane met!

It turned out cute and I felt proud that I made it in honor of MaryJane's visit! I will treasure this special apron and plan on wearing it out more often!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  10:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Linda Mericle (bakermom #2064) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"For the aprons merit badge (beginner level) I wanted to make an apron for myself, a half sized one, but realized I had cut the previous (full size) pattern small and I was, umm, large. So I got another pattern, one that turned out to be oh so easy. For this I bought vintage replica fabric and rick-rack. It turned out, with the fabric I bought for the contrasting pockets, that I had enough fabric to make 2 half sized aprons. So I did. And it was good. I still want to put some vintage buttons from my grandmas button box on the pockets. Then they will be Christmas gifts for nieces I think. (My daughter is modeling one of the aprons.)

The aprons both turned out just the way I wanted, very nice. Since I am on a roll, I am now in the process of converting a jumper into an apron! I am out of control! I have had this jumper for yeeeeeaaars. I loved the chicken and farm fabric and picked this up at a harvest festival. I guess, at the time, I didn’t realize that I don’t do jumpers. So there it sat, in the dark recesses of my closet. Suddenly I got an idea. Maybe it was too much cold medicine going to my head, but I took it out, grabbed the scissors and cut a large panel out from the back. Added some left over rick-rack around the straps, hemmed the sides and now I just need to shorten it and move the ties to the back more. It really was meant to be an apron all along, I can tell. It is much happier now and will get worn."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  11:11:33 AM  Show Profile
Linda Mericle (bakermom #2064) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Aprons badge.

"For the aprons merit badge, (intermediate level) first I bought a full size apron pattern to make an apron for my daughter to use in her cooking classes she is taking for a short time. I used French fabric covered in Eiffel Tower print with a nice big ruffle at zee bottom, tres chic! It is full sized. I cut and sewed it up in a couple weekends. I have never made an apron before and found out I liked it! There is a big ruffle all along the bottom and a pocket in contrasting kitty fabric. I surprised her by wearing it to her house (and through the parking lot and up the elevator). It needs ironing now I think.

I love wearing aprons now and have a modest collection, that I have been wearing for years. Most of them stained and loved. Once my 13 year old came in when I was putting on an apron. He told me it makes him feel good to see me put on my apron. It makes me even more beautiful. Isn’t that worth wearing an apron every day? It’s the best uniform I have had the privilege to wear."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  11:59:42 AM  Show Profile
Linda Mericle (bakermom #2064) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have collected an additional 6 reusable bags to add to my assortment, since becoming a farmgirl sister. From Whole Foods, from Long Beach Farmers Market, from the 99 cent store, etc.I try to always have a bag of bags in the car at all times.I am trying now to take the next step, and remember to take them IN to the store with me!

It is an ongoing process. Its amazing how much we use these reusable bags now. Everything from legos to recycleables to fabric projects go in them. Our first one was from Trader Joes I think. They always have new and reative ones.I have even made one for myself."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  12:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle Duffy-Lehrer (shabbyms #604) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I got rid of the junk cleaners, I have been keeping articles for awhile about green living from mags and papers in a book to use in daily life. I gave some but more important taught a new farmgirl about how to make homemade green cleaners this week.

It's really great. I used up old cleaners saved the bottles, jars etc.

I need a larger binder- and more tabs probably as time goes on.

I now know where to purchase everything for my homemade cleaners. Now I just need to make pretty labels for gift giving."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  1:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle Duffy-Lehrer (shabbyms #604) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Going Green badge.

"At our Farmgirls meeting this month (only our second meeting), we cooked up a batch of homemade cleaners for our homes and one for our bodies.
We made lovely laundry soap that had a peppermint smell thanks to Bonners soap that was grated in, shared 131 uses for vinegar (The Vinegar Institute is the best resource), that made us laugh out loud and run down memory lane with granny tricks that she often used to use.

Lots of fun! All of the cleaners and soaps work very well."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  1:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle Duffy-Lehrer (shabbyms #604) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I collected six cloth bags for home and six to keep in my car.

I made or purchased 12 cloth bags for shopping. Six I keep in the hall closet as we walk a block to our local stores.
And six I keep in the car just in the event that we stop somewhere and shop which sometime we do."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  1:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle Duffy-Lehrer (shabbyms #604) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"The Vinegar Institute has many great ways to clean your home without using toxic cleaners, no wax floor cleaner, streak-less window cleaner, shower doors, kills weeds, and will even clean a scorched iron plate!

We made homemade green laundry soap from borax, soda ash, Bonner's soap and baking powder at our meeting this week.

Wonderful.

www.versatilevinegar.org"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  2:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Heidi Fry (Hidjmt #2111) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Families Forever badge.

"This badge has been such a blessing for our family! My husband and I (much to his dislike of the notion) decided to ban televsion in our household for us and our children except for from 5-6pm and a movie on our new Friday family movie night. We thought the beginning of school was a great time to start The kids (6 & 7)had a hard time with it at first but eventually quite asking.

For the kid's five to six tv time, they started playing soccer instead and never did take that time to watch the television. Mornings before school are a breeze now as well. It has been over two months now and wonderful. We play games as a family, put together puzzles, sit in the hot tub or just read books. I even found my husband reading on a Saturday morning that used to be about television. As a family we have played and watched a lot of soccer, gone on hikes and walks, ridden a lot of bicycles, built a house for our new goats, explored a hay maze and even taken family grocery store outings. Weekends are very scarce for our family being in the retail business, but we have already been on two camping trips and are anxiously looking forward to another I do not think we will ever go back to our old habits again, thanks so much for the encouragement."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Heidi Fry (Hidjmt #2111) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner, and intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I collected and vow to use my reusable bags for shopping of all kinds. I now keep one in my purse and car. I have even found myself choosing to shop at a different time if I do not have my bags on me at the time!
I also talked to a great friend about using vinegar as well as baking soda for cleaning her house. I am already very strict about only all natural cleaners in my own!

Shopping green seems like a no brainer to me! I even started keeping my deli bags, washing them and then taking them, with me to reuse when I buy my lunch meat. As a family we are doing our best to buy items that are packaged in a manner that can be recycled or trying to make them ourselves to eliminate packaging.
It all feels so good!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  2:18:09 PM  Show Profile
Heidi Fry (Hidjmt #2111) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner, and intermediate level Going Green badge.

"I went completely green in our house for cleaners. I even talked through the process with our children. We learned to make our own laundry soap, liquid shower gel, refilled our old green cleaners with ones we made ourselves when they were empty. We even rid our storage containers of all plastics (recycled of course) and went to only glass. We took the first step and ripped out the remaining carpet on the bottom floor of our home and installed hard wood (as much as we could afford to do in the house right now). We vowed to rid the house of carpet as soon as possible! Organic pillows and towels came next and I am working on a shower curtain for our childrens bathroom!

I feel so at ease in our home. I am trying to be as much natural as possible and I know we are doing better for our children in doing so!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Lemieux (Montrose Girl #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Know Your Food badge.

"I shared on the Southwest henhouse about my local farmer's market and CSAs.
I buy almost everything organic. The few exceptions are bread since I have to buy gluten free and they don't have that in organic, or when I am on the road and having to eat in restaurants.
I invited over neighbors and cooked a meal using all organic. We talked about it throughout the course of the meal and that much of the meal came from the farmer's market including the meat.
I read "In Defense of Food."

I've been eating organic for years, but it was good to read another Pollan book to remember why and see all the changes that have occurred in our food system.
The five ingredient rule was amazing when I decided to start looking. Of course that would take out the gluten free bread which I limit to once a month. Thinking of my great-grandmother really cemented the idea of how our food has changed and triggered a commitment in me that I had been skirting the edge of - to make whole foods at every meal."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  3:05:48 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Lemieux (Montrose Girl #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge.

"I've been making Christmas gifts on and off for my entire adult life. The last few years I have been making even more and made about 1/3 of the Christmas gifts, including potholders, photo albums, food goods, and scarves and hats.
I decorated with homemade ornaments at least 25% of the tree.

I made my niece cry last Christmas with the photo album. She didn't have many photos of herself as a child. It was a great feeling to know she appreciated it so much."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  3:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Lemieux (Montrose Girl #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an expert level Green Energy badge.

"I have continued to track my expenditures into the fall. I did learn that most of my highest usages are in Sept and Oct when I am drying everything. The BF and I are in the process of building an outside sun dryer.

The hardest part to keep track of is that I spend a lot of time in hotels and cannot track my usage. I keep housekeeping to once a week so they aren't changing the sheets and towels everyday and I make sure I turn off light. At work, I turn off my computer when I leave for the night or if I am going to the field for hours at a time instead of leaving it in sleep mode. I also find a hotel as close to work as possible and walk when I can.

Other things I do to go green are:
using a friendly cat liter (wheat),
continue to water with grey water,
I do dishes once a day to reduce water usage (takes too long to get hot water to my sink)
installed solar lighting along the outside walk,
unplug everything but the fridge and water heater when I am gone for extended periods,
purchased hand cranked flashlight and handcranked and solar power radio this summer, and when I am going to be on the computer for extended periods I play music from iTunes instead of playing the radio.

Since I have an underground house, which was very deliberate to reduce my heating bills in the winter, I also face the heat of the summer on certain days in Aug. When I bought the house the canvas cover for the trumble wall was missing. The previous owner ordered one, but when I went to put it on this year, discovered they had sewn the bar openings too small so I couldn't use it and had to resort to lots of fans for about a week and a half. With lots of hours pulling out the old stitches, I have resewn the covers though not in time to use them this year. This should help reduce my fan usage for next year.

I pass on what I know about saving energy to neighbors and friends and have helped my family (mom, siblings, niece) become more energy efficient by explaining the use of power strips, removing charges from the plugs when not in use, and turning down the water heater. I gave as a Christmas gift two years ago wind energy credits to my brother and sister. I just renewed my wind energy credit for a year as a way to offset the coal usage my area consumes.

I have also read several books to find even more ways- a handful on strawbale building. "Idiots guide to solar power," "Good Green Homes," and "The New Natural House Book."

I'm still searching for ways to reduce my footprint, especially my water usage. I never realized how much water I used until I started collecting it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  3:29:52 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Lemieux (Montrose Girl #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Crochet badge.

"I completed a poncho for my sister-in-law.
When I was in Louisiana at the beginning of the year I spent a lot of time at the book store. One Sunday there were a bunch of ladies sitting around knitting and crocheting. I craned my neck to see what they were doing and they invited me in so I brought my crochet along. I spent the next few Sundays in their company.

This was the first poncho I had ever done and the largest project following a pattern. At times, it was confusing, but I think once I figured out how it was supposed to be everything went smooth and it came out great."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  2:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Ruby Slider (narjay #1663) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Crochet badge.

"I did not enjoy making Afghans, so I tried something completely different. I used #10 crochet thread and a pattern for coasters; I enlarged it and made a doily. It’s actually much easier to use thread than yarn. I will definitely make more of these. (I highly recommend using a magnifier with a light on it!)

I think it turned out amazing! I’m going to make the regular sized coaster to add to the gift basket of homemade goodies I’m giving as Christmas gifts this year.

Also, I bought a hook and a spool of #10 crochet thread for each of my "students," and I taught them how to do a doily. We worked on them daily until everyone had finished. Tracy and Suzie had crocheted before, but not for a long time, The other three had never tried before. I don't know if they will continue to crochet or not. But I really appreciate them participating to help me out."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Gail Springman (gspringman #486) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Will-do badge.

"My daughter wanted new spring curtains for her kitchen to brighten it up in there. She wanted all different, lacy ones.

Each was done with different lace, some vintage, all different sizes. It took a couple days to get them all done, but there were four windows of two panels each and valances over each window. Her hubby even liked them because you still have privacy from outside."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Gail Springman (gspringman #486) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Nellie Will-do badge.

"I made living room and dining room curtains for my daughter's home.

This was quite a project. First I purchased painters drop cloths and made two curtains for each section and tie backs. Hemmed bottoms and cut and tore tops for a rough tie knot in front. There were 14 large windows total so it took a couple weeks to complete them. They turned out so good that she has kept them up year round."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Annie Wong (njaw09 #1736) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"Every Friday starting at 5 p.m. I make sure I turn off my computer, Blackberry, TV, radio and any gadgets. It was quite difficult at the beginning. Everytime I failed I added a week until I break that habit. What was easy for me is the radio I have no problem but my most difficult to let go was the TV and my Blackberry. After awhile I got the hang of it and I did it finally. In my spare time I read, cooked more, organized and just relaxed.

It is quite amazing how much I could accomplish when I am not watching TV, using my blackberry or web surfing. I will continue to put more effort after the holidays are over. I need to refocus what is important to me beside surfing online, TV, and etc."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  10:36:58 AM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an expert level Build It Green badge.

"I believe that knowledge is power. That is why I try to learn anything and everything that anyone will teach me. I also pass my knowledge on to my kids, one of the reasons I love homeschooling! When my husband and I do a project around the house, I am always involved. We have done extensive remodeling in our home, including tearing down plaster and lath walls and then placing sheetrock onto the exposed studs. We've built our own heat shield pads for both a propane heat stove and, most recently, for our wood stove.

So in earning this badge I worked a bit backwards. I learned the building skills in my own home and then took them on the road for a “build.” One of the projects I have helped with was with our church family. We helped a family get into their home by rebuilding the interior, which meant building wall frames and adding studding, placing sheetrock on walls and ceiling, and taping the whole job. I worked with several other ladies and young girls, teaching them how to spackle the screw heads. Then I worked with a couple of young men to get all the seams and corners taped. By the end of a ten hour day we had finished everything we set out to do!

As I said, I also teach my kids to do anything that I know how to do, so they have been able to help with other projects organized by the missions committee at our church. My daughter went to West Virginia with a team to work on about a dozen homes, and my son helped rebuild a porch (and other smaller projects) in a local home. Everyone in my family now has skills that they can share to help others with home building efforts!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  11:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Carrie Meerwarth (Carrie M #147) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Knotty Farmgirls badge.

"The binding knot: “A binding knot is used to secure a length of rope passed around an object. Often used, for tying up packages, from bundles of logs to gift wrapped presents, most binding knots can be pulled tight and kept fixed in place. Avoid using a binding knot as a bend to join two lengths of rope, or as a hitch to tie a rope to an object, since the knot is likely to come undone under strain.” (Handbook of Knots, Pawson)
I use square knots all the time. I first learned to tie one when I was a young teen and my mom taught me to macrame. It is the most basic knot for making long, non-twisting sections in plant hangers. I have used it ever since, and every quilt that I make and tie (as opposed to hand quilting) is tied with mercerized cotton and a sqaure knot!
Hitches: “A hitch knot is used to tie a rope to or around an object—often a pole, a ring, or another rope. Some hitches are designed to be tied quickly, particularly those used by sailors, while others can be untied with a brief tug on one end. When choosing a hitch for a particular task, check that it is suitable for taking strain in the direction required, and make sure that tension is applied to the correct end of the rope once the knot is tied.” (Handbook of Knots, Pawson)
This was new learning for me for, although I have tied hitches many times in my life, I never knew what they were called! I use the cow hitch all the time when securing a ring to the middle of a legnth of rope, and I use half hitches for securing loose ends of rope, such as my clothesline after tightening. For the purpose of this badge, I learned a new twist to the double half hitch knot: when securing one end of a rope to an object such as a ring or bar, wrap the working end of the rope around the ring/bar 2x before securing the working end around the standing rope with the two half hitches. This makes a more secure knot and also helps it to be loosened later since the half hitches do not get pulled as tightly to the ring or bar. I had to practice the double half hitches a few times in order to get them to look like the ones in the book.
Bowline: “The bowline is a widely used, all-purpose loop that can be tied quickly using one of two methods. The first method is used if the standing part is free to lead toward the body as the knot is tied. The second method is useful for tying the knot around the waist and for rope that is fixed at one end.” (Handbook of Knots, Pawson)
It took me a LONG time to figure this one out. I can get it now without looking at the book, and it makes a nice knot for securing a loop that doesn't slip closed. I hope I remember it when I need it!

I also built a tree swing for my nieces. I used a piece of wood for the seat, drilled two holes in each end and varnished the surface to make it splinter-free. I covered the wood between the holes with quilt batting and denim from retired jeans to make a soft seat. I then cut a 20' piece of rope in half and fed one end of each piece through the holes of the board (down through one hole then up through the other) and tied the end with a bowline knot. I then made a figure-eight knot on each rope near the opposite end, and added a carbiner clip, securing with a fisherman's bend (a type of hitch). Now the swing may be hung on any limb or secure overhang, and the height may be adjusted by clipping the carbiner to the rope or the figure eight loops!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  11:12:22 AM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48 #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level I Should Have Been in the Movies badge.

"Teaching is something I've been doing all my life. Sewing is something I've been doing longer than I've been teaching.
I have earned all three Apron merit badges because I made aprons, I continue to make aprons and I have taught others to make aprons.
I taught my daughter just this summer how to make her waist apron, and how to use a basic pattern with adjustments and create her own modifications to that pattern.
This involved getting all the supplies together, going over the steps and writing them down.

Additionally, I have made more "formal" instructions for others and have gone over the steps myself to make sure that nothing is left out.

I have spent some time in front of the mirror watching myself in my body language and facial expression, working on making it more pleasant and friendly.

The link is for an album of step-by-step photos for making a waist apron. I sent these photos as well as written instructions to three farmgirls who have not sewn much, if at all. I also did some "progress" followup with them.

My plan is to video this process so it is available for other beginner seamstresses and those who wish to learn how to make aprons.

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/cjapianist/Making%20a%20Waist%20Apron/"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  11:22:00 AM  Show Profile
Debra Amon (farmliving #2182) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made a half apron using a pattern. The apron is reversible, one side is made from an authentic vintage feedsack, and the other side is new fabric, it's a new violet on purple small floral print fabric.

I have made several of these reversible aprons (all using feedsack fabric as the main fabric). This is my favorite because the feedsack had a border print, and I incorporated the border into the waistband and pocket. I also like the rick-rack edging around the pocket."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  11:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Laurie Lemieux (Montrose Girl, #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Farmgirl Legends for earning the Schoolmarm Cleaning Up badge.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  12:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Rutledge (#1846) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made 5 pieced/quilt looking aprons out of two packages of precut 5 inch squares that are usually used for quilts. I love my local Tater Patch Quilt Store here in Merrill, Oregon. They have a few items every Wed. in the store that are 50% off and so my cost for the front of 5 aprons was $12.95. Thrifty has become my middle name. I also made three of MaryJane's clothespin aprons from one of the issues last year. I entered both in our local Potato festival fair and won a blue ribbon for both entries. First time for me to enter or win as I was a city girl and moved out here to the country about one and a half years ago.

They turned out beautiful and I have sold a few and given a few away. I keep one in my laundry room hung on a metal mannequin for decoration."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page