Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I collect reuseable shopping bags from the company Thirty-One. I keep them in the trunk of my car for easy access. The bags get the most use at the grocery store. I like using my reusable bags.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“#1 - I have always had pets in my life from the earliest memory of being in a baby seat on top of the back yard patio table (age under 1 year) with our Boxer dog "Kimmy" licking my toes.
#2 - My favorite pet to date has been our horses—my last horse passed away Nov. 10, 2020, a big part of my family, forever will she be missed.
#3 - I actually chose my dream pet a year ago. I researched the Belgian Malinois dog breed for 3 months. Looked into rescue groups, shelters and breeders. A trained Obedience and Tactical dog can cost $20,000, just obedience trained $8-$10,000. On my July Birthday, a "Mal" was at the local shelter. I adopted her for $25.00 and she was sponsored for all shots and spaying. She is my dream dog, but she is a challenge in that she destroys everything around her—the breed nick name is MalaGator for a reason.

I like all animals. We own horse, cattle, llamas, alpacas, dogs, cats, chickens, goats, pigs et all.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I completed a Yale University course in Psychology—The Science of Well Being. During this course we learned how to be aware of stress and how to take steps to live a better life through meditation, relaxation, sleep, diet, exercise, attitude kindness and social connections, and gratitude.

On Dec 26, 2020 I made a conscious effort to sit still for 5 minutes and clear my mind. It was hard to keep my wandering thoughts from disturbing my quiet space time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  5:27:15 PM  Show Profile
Aneta Smith (#8224) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I've found 100% biodegradable paper towels. Found a recipe for cleaning my bathroom with vinegar and baking soda. I just use vinegar and baking soda to clean about everything except my toilet. I also use orange oil to give it a good smell. When I tried using it to clean my toilet, it didn’t get that clean, didn't get the smells out, and, wow, the foam. So I’ve been experimenting with Eco-friendly and Grove Collaborative. I can mix Eco toilet cleaner with baking soda and it seems to work better but there is still a smell. Even after scrubbing. For now, this is my go-to until I find something that works better.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  5:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Aneta Smith (#8224) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I don’t belong to a farmgirl chapter or group in my area. We live 30 miles from anywhere. I do have a neighbor about 3 miles away that we make a lot of bags and stuff that do get used by us and no one seems to want to be bothered. So still trying to work it out. I wish I lived closer to people I could share with.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  5:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I live on a ranch and have a horse. I visited my neighbor who runs a boarding facility to identify the following breeds: Appaloosa, Quarter, Gypsy Vanner. It was easy, I love horses.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  4:26:46 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I made a half apron from a pattern, it took me about 2 hours to make. It went really well, a few lines were not so straight but I went back and fixed them. Such fun to make it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  4:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I put together a sewing kit with everything I need to sew: Thread, needles, safety pins, scissors, ruler, and buttons. I had fun putting this together all in one place.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  4:28:59 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I learned how to sew a straight line by hand and with a sewing machine. I learned how to do different kinds of seams including flat seams, blind stitch, french seam, double stitch seam, and a zig-zag seam. Loved the zig-zag one the most.

It was a little hard to learn the french seam but got it down. I love the zig-zag the most. I had fun learning them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  4:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Homespun Christmas Merit Badge!

“I made 25% of my Christmas Ornaments; I made origami dresses, an origami star for the top of the tree. I also made out of popsicle sticks little gingerbread men, and then crochet garland for the tree using the chain stitch. I then took it to a senior who could not get one for herself.

It turned out so good. The lady who got it loved it so much. I really enjoyed making it for her.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  4:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I learned how to fold 3 different animals: Cat, crane, and bunny. I also folded 3 different shapes: Star, heart, and box. I made 3 different flowers: Rose, cherry blossom, and lily.

This was a lot of fun. I will be working on the expert next. I love origami.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  4:58:06 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I made my sewing supplies kit. It was easy.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  5:00:25 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I made my half apron from vintage-looking material. It was easy.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  5:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Colette Norman (Crazy Goat lady, #8251) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I cross-stitched a Christmas dish towel for my mother for a Christmas present. It looks very nice.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  5:03:01 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I thought I would like to try my hand at sewing again haven't sewed since my children were babies. I took my 30 year old sewing machine out of storage, then I needed to buy the supplies: Thread, needles, and pins. It was fun to gather the supplies at my local fabric store. I had fun shopping for all the supplies. I even bought a rotary cutter!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  5:04:26 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilting Merit Badge!

“I have sewn a little maybe 30 years ago, but never tackled a quilt. So I decided to try a small baby-sized quilt made out of flannel.

This project took a little thought to get the pieces to come out to a baby quilt size. And I have decided to donate it to the Linus Project.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  12:53:40 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I made a cross-stitch bookmark. It took hours to make it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  12:55:06 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I've collected more than 50 buttons. I swapped with two friends and I give my wood heat buttons to each new Sisterhood member that joins our Brentwood Farm Girls chapter.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  12:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I made a special binder to keep all my family and favorite recipies in. I created 3 red binders of all the family recipes for my 3 adult children.

It was pretty easy—I just had to gather all the recipes, make 16 pages of copies per person and get them into binders.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  1:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I have been a member of our local library since 2012, but have utilised it a lot more this year during COVID lock down. They have also recently updated their web page to include a lot more online services. They are a regional council library so their website also includes information about Somerset Regional Council including history, vision & mission, budget, council meetings, councillors, employment, forms & publications, local laws, minutes and agendas, news). The library services include "First 5 Forever", local history, events, library catalogue of all libraries in the region, eLibrary, free public computers, photo-copying and word processing, loan of books, DVDs, magazines, audiobooks, sporting kits, curiosity kits, storytime for Children.

My current TBR pile includes:-
"The Happiest Man Alive" - Ediie Jaku;
"Protein Power" - Michael & Mary Eades;
"Our Stolen Future" - Colborn, Dumanoski, Myers;
"The Body" - Bill Bryson;
"Unmasked" - Turia Pitt;
"Nourishing Diets" - Sally Fallon Morell;
"Australia's Beating Heart";
(I have shared a photo of my TBR pile on the Farmgirl Connection Chatroom)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  1:27:15 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Origami Merit Badge!

“For my intermediate badge, I chose to make a panda, elephant & smiling frog (3 animals); a rose, tulip & lily (3 flowers); and a six-pointed star, one-third cube & triskilion (3 shapes). I used the "Origami Masters" book by Nick Robinson for most of my designs.

I've attached a photo of some of my creations including the elephant, smiling frog, rose, lily, six-pointed star and triskilion. My favourite designs to make were the smiling frog, the lily and the six-pointed star. The most difficult were the rose, the elephant and the one-third cube.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  1:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“When we renovated our kitchen 2 years ago, it was a great opportunity to clean out anything that was no longer serving a purpose. My Nanna & sister had given me quite a number of Tupperware containers as house-warming gifts when we first moved into the house, so I used the stackable kind to neatly store all of my dry ingredients. I don't eat gluten which means I have a large variety of non-gluten flours to store. They are now all labeled and stored neatly in my new pantry. I have also labeled my dried herbs and spices on a spice rack for easy accessibility.

Any kitchen items that I no longer used were donated to Lifeline. Some of the storage containers that had no matching lids, were reused for painting jars. I've attached a photo of my nicely labelled and organized dry goods pantry.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  1:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“Several years ago, I got my hands on an old piano. It had been sitting in the youth hall at my sister's church and they no longer had a use for it. It was in a pretty bad state and, in recent years, had become a shelf for junk instead of a musical instrument. I decided to take it in exchange for a donation to their church youth ministry. It had lost some of it's original timber veneer and would have cost quite of lot to get it re-veneered and polished. It was then that I decided to give this baby some love and paint it with some style. Afterall, it was only going to be used in my home for my own private use, so as long as I was happy with the outcome, that's all that mattered!

I purchased some discarded sample pots of paint from the clearance table at our local hardware and used some patchworking designs to paint my patterns on the front. I added a few musical notes under the lid and painted all the sides. I have left some of the better original timber veneer exposed. I then had my nephew tune it for me. It still needs a few pieces of felt replaced on some keys, but otherwise it's back in good working order and I can play until my heart's content.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificates of achievement in Outpost for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“This was an easy badge for me because I love walking outdoors. I am fortunate to live near a beautiful arboretum. This is a place where I walk 3 times a week. Here you can read the signs posted on the trees and learn about the area native trees and surroundings.

Three trees native to California are:
1. Redwood
2. Torrey Pines
3. California Buckeye

As for wind breaks, at my ranch, we used eucalyptus trees planted 15 feet apart near the barn for a wind break.

Three trees I identified in my local park are:
1. Santa Catalina Island Ironwood
2. Weeping bottlebrush
3. Cork Oak

Today was a beautiful day for a walk living in California as we are blessed with warm weather most of the year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:32:58 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificates of achievement in Garden Gate for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Herbs Merit Badge!

“These are the herbs that I currently grow in my garden:
1. Parsley
2. Oregano
3. Basil
4. Mint
5. Rosemary

I use the herbs in most of the food I cook. I love to cook Italian dishes. Tonight's dinner will be chicken with the use of oregano, basil and rosemary!

In the spring time I will be adding garlic, onions, thyme, and cilantro.

Everybody should have at least one herb just because fresh herbs add so much more flavor to your cooking experience.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page