Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2020 :  10:11:35 AM  Show Profile
Sandra McCarter (Sandra McCarter, #7766) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I bought and used a Wilton cake decorating kit. Made a cake and decorated practiced decorating with the different couplers and tips. I also bought the Wilton Cake Decorating DVD and book with so many ideas and instructions. It was so fun.

This was fun, I hope to have more time to practice, maybe even take a class for more skills to learn. Had a bit of trouble with some of the designs but after additional practice and reading helpful hints worked better.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Janice Carey (Cranberryrose55, #8128) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Rootin' Tootin Merit Badge!

“Five veggies I can grow are carrots, beets, turnips, rutabaga, and Jerusalem artichoke. In the store, I found carrots, beets, turnips, rutabaga, but no Jerusalem artichoke.

I discovered the store has even more root crops that I had not considered growing, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnip, and celery roots.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Janice Carey (Cranberryrose55, #8128) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Good, Bad, and Ugly ... Bugs Merit Badge!

“Four beneficial bugs in my garden are ladybug, leatherwing beetle, lacewing, and hover fly.

Four harmful bugs in my garden are aphids, snails/slugs, Mexican bean beetles, and cucumber beetles.

I researched methods of organic pest control and I found this site which tells the flowers that feed the beneficial insects!
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0844/5779/files/Beneficial_Insects_Guide.pdf?11842085035596174654”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Rae Brewer (Kindred Soul, #8239) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I purchased The Book of Awesome and read 1 entry per day for a month, while also jotting down 3 things I was grateful for each day.

I'm really enjoying The Book of Awesome! At first I thought it was going to be hokie, but I find myself agreeing with so many of the musings and it's nice to end the day with a bit of joy.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Rae Brewer (Kindred Soul, #8239) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I researched and answered the questions listed in the badge guide regarding the branches of government.

Many of these I remembered from school, but I wasn't able to definitively answer the questions about my current state legislators, nor what their terms were. So it was educational in that aspect.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Rae Brewer (Kindred Soul, #8239) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bustin' Out Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge 3 ways: I started a subscription to a biweekly organic produce box. I also visited the local farmer's market every Saturday for a month and chose a new organic food to try. One week, when neither the box, nor the farmer's market had anything new, I stopped by the organic section of my grocery store.

The box subscription was amazing, but ultimately was too much produce for us to consume before going bad. The farmer's market ended up being much cheaper than the subscription, but far less variety. In the month, I tried Kabocha squash, collard greens, Rambutan & Shirataki tofu noodles!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile
Rae Brewer (Kindred Soul, #8239) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“I checked out a copy of "The True History of Chocolate" from my library and read it. I also reviewed the differences between white, milk & dark chocolate, and I visited Hoffman's Chocolates (a local shop which started here in FLorida in 1975) to sample some selections.

I found the book to be somewhat more interesting than I thought it would be, but there were still some portions that were a snoozer. It took me just over 3 WEEKS to finish it!

Of course, any visit to a chocolate shop always satisfies!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Rae Brewer (Kindred Soul, #8239) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“I checked out a tree ID guide from my library and used it to identify 3 trees in our yard.

Well...trying to identify all the various types of palms on my street was VERY difficult. I wasn't sure about most of them. So I stuck to other trees on our property. I found a Weeping Bottlebrush, a Bismark Palm and a Silver Buttonwood. Only the Silver Buttonwood is a native. The others were introduced to Florida.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I already know basic crochet. I made to scarves using double crochet stitches. I teach the 4H crochet project.

The scarves turned out great. The kids are learning how to make a single crochet mug rug. We meet virtually on zoom every 2 weeks.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:05:10 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I went through all my recipes and made photocopies of all the family recipes that I've been collecting from my parents, grandparents and great grandparents (3 generations) for all 3 of my kids, my brother, and my sister. I talked with an aunt from my dad's side and an aunt from my husband's mothers side.

My 65-year-old brother was excited to get the copies. He did not remember some of the old recipes, so he will start making them now. It was a good Christmas gift to the family to send them the recipes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“I read both articles for beginner level and wrote a summary of what I learned:

Garden Gate – What’s Your Beef?
Animals raised on pasture make a better product that's healthier for you.
Most of the meat and product you buy at the store is of animals that have been commercially raised.

The animals are raised in confined spaces, which cause many issues in regards to housing—manure removal, diseases, stress on animals, diet changes from a natural diet found in the environment to an unnatural diets of manufactured grains and supplements.

Commercially raised animals have lower quality meat and products such as eggs.
Farm fresh is best. Raising organic animals and products is better for the environment, the animals and the product they produce for human consumption.

It is right on track with what I know. Having raised cattle for 15 years, on our ranch, I'm familiar with the grass fed versus commercial raised beef issues.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Brentwood Farm Girls, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“This was great as I walked around my house I found three squeaky doors. I just avoided the task for too long and this gave me the added incentive.

It turned out great ... no more squeaky doors!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level UFOs Merit Badge!

“I finally went through all of my UFOs and sorted them into bags. I was actually quite surprised by what I found. Most of them are craft/sewing projects and one is the restoration of an old stool that I will use as a garden seat.

I have a bag for each UFO, and they include:- 51" x 51" quilt; knitted sweater; finish sewing summer shorts; finish sewing underwear; patchwork table runner; fixing beaded necklaces x2; native flower applique; finish painting and varnishing garden seat; sewing scrub caps for work.

I finally finished the garden seat while the weather was good outside. I have posted a photo of it on the Farmgirl Connection chatroom under Merit Badge Chit Chat.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I was fortunate enough to get an origami book from my husband for Christmas, so I have wasted no time completing my Origami Merit Badge. I've been reading about the history of origami which has included the invention of paper around 105 AD in China. "Ori" means "to fold" and "Kami" means paper. The Japanese first used paper during the sixth century—initially used for religious ceremonial purposes, then later as a creative art form. It alludes to the possibility of using one or more sheets of paper to create a folded paper representation of a given subject. The crane is auspicious in Japanese culture. Legend says that anyone who folds one thousand paper cranes will have their hearts desire come true. I also deviated, and started reading about the history of European napkin folding.

I started by reading the folding tips and then learning the folding symbols. My first creation was a love boat, incorporating techniques such as valley fold and unfold, inside reverse folds, rotations and turn overs.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Brentwood Farm Girls, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“I knitted a hat! Only took me about 5 days to complete...dropped a lot of stiches had to redo many times. But, I guess that's how we learn. ;-)

This hat pattern was very simple but easy first time project. It turned out better than I expected. Now I will try my hand at a bigger project.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Lisa Barnhart (cdalegang, #4830) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Going Green Merit Badge!

“I've gone green for household cleaners, toilet cleaners and laundry products. I also came up with a green cleaning mission statement I'm happy with.

It went great— it feels good to get first badge started!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Andrea Garey (AndreaPA, #8166) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I searched my house for buttons and found 15 right away. I then searched in my sewing boxes and found a few more. I got up to 43 and just couldn't find any more. About 8 years ago, I had a bunch of buttons. I glued them to an old "popcorn" tin in the shape of the letters T and P. I then spray painted the whole thing gray. It is now in the outhouse of our cabin and guess what we keep in it? T.P.

I was then looking for some ideas for Christmas and ended up making some ribbon flowers with buttons for centers. Well, lucky me, I found some buttons at auction. I made more flowers but still have a LOT of buttons!!

I gave up on found, not bought, buttons after almost 4 months. The woman I bought them from was very excited and asked if I wanted her button collecting book. Of course I said yes. I'll be giving her a few ribbon flowers next time I see her. She worked at the auction when it was in-person. They moved it online and I was surprised when she told me it was her own collection. I think I have a few hundred buttons now but I'm still making flowers so I will keep looking for more.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  7:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Cassie Thompson (FungusChick, #8020) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I harvested honey from my own hives with the help of a friend. I gave her some as a thank you. Before that I helped harvest honey from the bee club hives so I could learn how it's done.

It was delicious! We collected about 30 bottles from 2 hives. I've sold most of them to friends and neighbors, who I think will be repeat customers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Victoria Elwood (victoria elwood, #8257) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I earned the badge by reading the book. Blogging for creatives. I then chose my topic to be my daily adventures. It was pretty good. I will be anxious to see how well it goes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:09:44 PM  Show Profile
Victoria Elwood (victoria elwood, #8257) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have started my blog. Today was my first entry. My name for my blog is Miss Muffits Adventures. I sent the e-mail to GirlGab. So hopefully I'll be getting confirmation soon. Hope to post on a regular basis. Working on expert.

My blog address is: MissMuffitsAdventures.blogspot.com

I was impressed with myself. I am not all that tech savvy, but I was able to figure it out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Homespun Christmas Merit Badge!

“I made 25% of my Christmas Ornaments; I made origami dresses, an origami star for the top of the tree. I also made out of Popsicle sticks little gingerbread men.

I also did 25% of my gifts. I made cookies and cards. I made no-sew scarfs for some elderly people and then delivered them to them.

I think they all turned out well. I loved how the tree turned out, such a fun thing to do. I enjoyed making everything and seeing the faces of everyone who received the gifts.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I did research on the history of Origami. It was first discovered by the Japanese in the sixth century. I thought the idea of using paper as a medium was such a good idea and cheap. Origami was used in various formal ceremonies and many other occasions. I made a boat, heart, bonnie, crane, stair, and box.

I had fun and enjoyed making them. They all turned out good after a few tries.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“I made a silver tinsel knitted scarf. I taught Rebecca Pinkerton how to knit. It turned out nice.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:35:36 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Homespun Christmas Merit Badge!

“I made 25% of my Christmas presents by making 50 pounds of fudge and canning jams: 24 strawberry, 24 blackberry, 24 plum, 12 orange, and 12 apple jams. I made 25% of my Christmas ornaments by crocheting Snowmen, wreaths, elf hats, and made felt llamas.

Everyone loved their homemade gifts.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  8:39:21 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Canning Merit Badge!

“I researched how PH and heat relate to the 2 different types of canning which are water-bath canning and steam-pressure canning. I looked in my pantry to find 3 different jars of canned goods looked at the ingredients and decided how each one was made. The jam and applesauce were made by pressure canning and the molasses I believe was a water bath process. I just learned how to can so it is all very interesting.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page