Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  09:22:22 AM  Show Profile
Lori Beck (lori beck, #7774) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“I was born in a very small town so there is no museum there. I walked around the town and went to the place where the house I lived in was that. It's no longer there. It burned down 10 years ago. I went to the nearest town that had a museum and went through that. The town is close and I'm sure that things were done the same way.

It turned out very well. I was sad to see that the home I was raised in was gone. A lot of the same people still live in the town and I visited with several of them. I even went to the old church on Sunday morning and decided I wanted to continue to go there. It felt good to go back to the old town again. It brought back a lot of memories.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  09:23:43 AM  Show Profile
Lori Beck (lori beck, #7774) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I look at all of the packaging now. It's become a habit for me. I also decided to make some of my own cleaners and have researched cleaners that others have tried and like. There's a floor cleaner that I've been making that I really like and it works. I can even make it any scent I choose from my stock of essential oils.

I think this went good. I spent a lot of time in research and trying different ideas until I settled on the product of choice. I love being able to scent it the way I want to. I also tried the homemade dishwasher detergent but I'm not sure I'm satisfied with it. I'll just keep trying and experimenting.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  1:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218, #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Canning for earning an Intermediate Level Canning Merit Badge!

“Every year after I harvest strawberries, peppers, and corn, I make a corn relish in my water-bath canner, and strawberry jam in my water bath canner. I make 3 dozen jars of each. That way, I'm able to give to 1 jar of corn relish and strawberry jam to my husband’s brothers for Christmas.

It turned out well. I enjoy canning. I take pride in providing family with all-natural foods to enjoy throughout the year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  1:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218, #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Canning for earning an Expert Level Canning Merit Badge!

“I grew carrots, peas, beans, and tomatoes to make a veggie soup and green beans. Then I washed and cut the veggies for the pressure cooker recipes, and placed them in the jars.

This worked out well for me. I love sharing my canning goodies.

The problem I had is I'm very short and had to stand on a stool to place and take off the lid of the pressure cooker. Hubby was concerned about my safety, so he now puts on and takes off the lid.

I gave the ladies at preschool 2 jars of veggie soup with bread and a jar of green beans. I shared the recipes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  2:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“As I'm not a real gelatin fan, the ChillOver badge was a bit of a challenge for me. I ordered some ChillOver powder and set about learning the many uses for it....and I was happy to learn it worked for more than gelatin desserts!

I tried out the Brown Sugar Chillover that was in MaryJane's Farm Kitchen magazine. It had a good flavor....well, what's not to love about brown sugar and whipped cream??? I made the Make Your Knees Weak Chocolate ChillOver that's in MaryJane's Ideabook. This was fabulous!! The coconut milk/chocolate combination was excellent.

I decided to make a small batch of mixed berry jam using the Chillover powder instead of pectin. It tastes great...uses so much less sugar and set up very nicely! I'm thinking I'll be using the powder in my jam making in the future! Now on to creating my own recipes!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  2:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Ambrosia Blasier-McCollum (Brosia, #7494) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“Rather than buying reusable bags, I opted to make my own. I thoroughly cleaned the feed bags from our chickens and goats turned them into tote bags for the household to use. Here's a picture of my wife begrudgingly modeling one of the bags for me.

It turned out so much better than planned! I always carry extra bags with me now, because people offer to buy them right off my person. I've started collecting feed bags from other friends, and use the profits from the totes to pay for food for the flock.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  1:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Loretta Brown (#4579) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“As a group we took used pill bottles, decorated them, and put sewing items inside. We also simply made a pin keeper by folding fabric (that could be used for a patch) over the top of the bottle, and weaved 3 needles on it.

My sewing kit turned out very nice. I made 3 so I can give them as gifts.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  1:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Donna Ambrozaitis (#7560) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“I planted a pepper plant. I don't use pesticides. In my research of using organic pest control, I learned you can use different plants such as marigolds to deter insects. While reading "Montrose: Life in a Garden" by Nancy Goodwin I enjoyed learning about the day to day life in the 19th century Montrose Garden in Hillsborough,North Carolina.

My chili red hot pepper plant grew extremely well. I had a lot of peppers I used in different foods as I like my food spicy. I didn't have any bugs eating my plant.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  1:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Donna Ambrozaitis (#7560) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Grow Where You're Planted Merit Badge!

“I picked lavender, daisy, sulphur cosmos, baby's breath, and blue flax flowers. I pressed them until they dried and laminated them into bookmarks. I then wrote a description of their habitat. Some of the endangered flowers in my area are the pinebarren foxglove, balsam fir, and paper birch tree.

It was very interesting in pressing flowers and learning about some of the endangered flowers/plants/trees in my area.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  09:44:50 AM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2 #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“On April 18, 2018 I set a goal to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. This works out to just over 4 miles. The weather was nice so I was able to walk outside every day.

I completed the month on May 18, 2018. I walked 10,000+ steps outside every day for the entire month. This works out to over 120 miles.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  09:45:45 AM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2 #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I read Blogging for Creatives. I decided to create a blog for my MJFarmgirls Henhouse. The book was good and I learned a lot. I have gathered a lot of ideas on how I want to set up my blog.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  09:46:36 AM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2 #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I started my blog. It's called MJFarmgirls and highlights the activities of the Henhouse I started. I also requested that my blog be added at girlgab.com.

So far it has turned out quite well. It is like a baby that requires constant attention.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  09:48:04 AM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2 #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“My mother is my oldest living relative. She spends each summer with me. During this time I have gathered family information from her.

The information I gathered is invaluable. Also the time spent with her will always be a treasured memory.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  09:48:49 AM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2 #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“On May 14, 2018 I was voted in to serve as Secretary/Treasurer for Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, Weber North Center, Camp Olive. Each month I prepare for the monthly meeting, attend the monthly meeting. Also, I keep account of all the monies that must be taken in and then paid out.

I have really enjoyed serving in this capacity. The women in our camp have deep appreciation for the pioneer ancestry. As of October 15, 2018 I had completed the 10 hours needed for the Beginning merit badge. However, I will continue to serve at least until the end of May 2019 and probably another year or two.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  10:01:35 AM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2 #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“On April 18, 2018 I set a goal to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. I continued walking for 2 months to fulfill the intermediate level.

I completed the 2nd month on June 18, 2018. I walked 10,000+ steps outside every day for two months. This works out to over 240 miles. It is really fun to see the miles add up on my Pedometer.

I read the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and after other research realized that the word organic means different things to different people. It is my belief that the word organic on packaged food does not fit my definition of organic. I have found the best way to eat organic is to grow and/or prepare my own food. However, I can’t grow everything personally so I think Farmer’s Markets (Health Food stores in winter) are a really great resource.

I am also working on intermittent fasting where I eat a couple of small meals of fresh fruits, veggies, meats and some dairy like homemade yogurt within a 6 hour period and then I food fast for 18 hours. During the 18 hours I am free to drink all the water I want. I do add different things to my water such as: apple cider vinegar, lemon, and stevia or chlorophyll.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2019 :  08:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer Bryant (JennyBryant7807, #7807) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Cheesemaking Merit Badge!

“I reviewed many of the pages of Ricki Carroll Home Cheesemaking. I learned the difference between pasteurized and ultra pasteurized milk. I learned to clean all pans in super hot water of at least 180 degrees to kill any bacteria. The bacteria on the utensils and pans can change the course of your cheese from good to bad tasting cheese. I needed to heat my milk to 72 degrees very slowly in a water-bath and then sprinkle my starter cultures on top of the milk. let it rehydrate for 2 minutes and then slowly stir it into the milk. I created buttermilk from a culture starter and then used the buttermilk in some homemade biscuits.

I don't like the taste of drinking buttermilk, but I will say it tasted different then the store bought buttermilk. It was much creamer and less tart and acidic then store bought milk. I still didn't drink it as a refreshment, but I did have enough to make a fresh batch of buttermilk biscuits. It was a bit thicker as well, so I hope to use it to fry my chicken in for next Sunday's dinner.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  10:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Diana Grimaldo (DianaLeeG, #7848) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Mindfulness Meditation Merit Badge!

“I found and read articles from Forbes, Harvard, Livelovefruit, healthline, and UCLA Health on the benefits of mediation on both the body and the brain. I also added a site of sample meditation types to my phone for quick reference.

After completion of the reading, I decided on a couple different types of meditation to add to my already established time of daily prayer (deep breathing, mindful meditation, loving kindness meditation), and continued with at least one session of meditation daily for eight days.

I found that knowing the benefits of this meditation helped me be more disciplined in my time. I chose to start working on this as my first Sisterhood badge, as I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and felt it would help me with the stress I may encounter. I will continue to use various types of meditation along with my daily prayer as I find peace through this new adventure.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  2:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Diana Grimaldo (DianaLeeG, #7848) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I assembled two basic sewing kits, including handmade heart-shaped pin cushions, with an assortment of thread, scissors, pins, safety pins. I'll send these to teenage girls in Samaritans Purse Operation Christmas Child boxes, along with fabric squares. These will make a couple of girls happy, and help them with their necessary sewing projects.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Mraz (Gijanedoe, #7866) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I've been collecting buttons and have hundreds, however, my favorite ones are ivory colored. I have them displayed I three of my prettiest jars. I have a photo to show below. I love buttons.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Christina Burnham (Countrygirlchristinabur, #7305) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“Using my own imagination I made a full apron for myself. I know it said to make a half apron but I don't like half aprons. I took measurements of myself and cut the material to desired measurements then sewed it together. It turned out very nice and now I have an apron to wear when I prepare meals or do my baking.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Christina Burnham (Countrygirlchristinabur, #7305) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I talked to a family friend and they taught me to hand milk their dairy cows. I helped them out for a month by milking their cows with them. I also adopted three sheep. A ewe and two rams. I named them Snow White, Abraham, and Isaac.

I found hand milking hard work and prefer working with my sheep. I love my three sheep. I'm expecting my ewe to give me a lamb or two this spring.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Sommer Hopkins (#7858) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“After researching Origami and its use as a meditative tool I bought some books and papers and dove in. It's taken much practice to learn basic folds and understand the directions.

I finally completed a fish that looked exactly like the picture and I couldn't be happier! I'm looking forward to learning more complex designs.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  09:51:00 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie Lamey (SteffyAnn, #1609) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but what I do wear could be classified as boho. I really love pearls - my wedding ring is a pearl instead of the traditional diamond. I collected my supplies - my favorite is the ring mandrel. I also organized all of my supplies. I even repurposed a few of my glass almond butter jars to hold some of my beads.

I'm so happy with my progress so far and excited to get to work making some new jewelry.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  09:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie Lamey (SteffyAnn, #1609) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I've been unable to find a jewelry-making class but I found some excellent Youtube videos. I made a leather beaded bracelet and a few wire-wrapped rings. I also made a few pairs of earrings.

I'm having so much fun working on new kinds of jewelry. I love the wire rings I've made and the earrings. I'm submitting a photo of a jewelry set that I just completed. It made me so happy when my hubby walked by while I was working on it and he commented on how pretty he thought it was.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  10:21:53 AM  Show Profile
Aidan Murphy (aidanm, #7664) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“My mom taught me how to knit, I knitted my first scarf for my boyfriend and gave it to him for Christmas. It was wonky in the beginning but there are noticeable improvements towards the end.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page