Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2018 :  10:09:09 AM  Show Profile
Melanie Jones (#7792) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“My Mother-in-law had an extra recycling bin just sitting in her back yard, so after making sure it matched our apartments recycling material list, we started using it to collect our recycling and take it out biweekly.

We are so excited to get that bin. It's become my daughter's chore to take it out and she seems to take great pride in the job.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2018 :  10:10:26 AM  Show Profile
Melanie Jones (#7792) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We have been recycling for almost a year and having seen how much we have to recycle my mother-in-law also decided to start recycling through her curb side pick up service.

We couldn't be happier to have inspired her to help keep our planet clean.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2018 :  10:13:24 AM  Show Profile
Kim Reineke (goodmedicine #4826) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Homespun Christmas Merit Badge!

“This year, my farmgirls and I decided to take our yearly Christmas crafting to the next level and go for the Homespun Christmas badge. My tree is already full of homemade ornaments the kids make each year, as well as we added our yearly crafted ornaments to the collection. We held a crafting day and made body scrubs, bath bombs, popsicle stick frames as well as scrabble letter ornaments for family and friends.

Wonderful! The day was great, filled with laughter and we made LOTS of gifts for all to share and give. I have achieved the goal of 25% or more homemade gifts this year and will continue to up the percentage each year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  1:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Lori Beck (lori beck #7774) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Mindfulness Meditation Merit Badge!

“This was the most interesting of the merit badges so far. I'm deeply interested in meditation. First, I learned about different methods of meditation and the effects it can have on our body and mind. I tried deep breathing, focusing on the body, walking meditation, mindfulness meditation, and centering prayer. I did not try the transcendental meditation as I don't believe I'm ready for that yet. My favorite is the mindfulness meditation with deep breathing as a close second. I also spent two weeks on this as I wanted to try all of these different types before I decided on what would work for me.

It turned out better than I could have imagined it would. I love meditating and do not know why I haven't tried it sooner. I have a lot of stress in my life right now and meditating helps me learn to focus on myself and relax. I feel at peace with life and am a lot more calm then I was before I started meditating.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  1:09:35 PM  Show Profile
Lori Beck (lori beck #7774) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“I went through every cabinet and cupboard and sorted through everything. If there was something that I haven't used for a long time, or something I knew I wouldn't use, I got rid of it. I took boxes of nice items and utensils to the thrift shop. I'm loving the room I now have in my kitchen. The items I use are easy to find and the cupboards and cabinets are organized.

It was hard at first because I hate getting rid of something I think I might use five years from now. The good thing is that I did it. I could not believe the amount of unused and unwanted items that I boxed up. Some of the things had never been used. The good part of all of this is I have a nicely organized kitchen and I was able to take my unused things to a thrift shop where someone else could buy them and get use out of them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile
Lori Beck (lori beck #7774) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“The friend I had been visiting and helping out was recently placed in a nursing home. I've been spending a lot of time with her and meeting some new women while I have been there. This is something that enjoy from the bottom of my heart and I have formed a bond with my friend that I treasure. She doesn't seem to understand that she's been moved there to stay and thinks she will be going home. I try to keep her mind busy while I'm there and we spend a lot of time with her new friends. She is a social lady and loves all of the attention she's getting with her new friends. I'm learning so many things from these sweet ladies. The time seems to fly by while I'm there and I plan on spending a lot more time there every week. I push her around in her wheelchair and sometimes work with her on her walking. We watch Gunsmoke together and she loves to tell me stories about her life when she was young. She was and still is an amazing woman.

It went so good. I just love this little lady. We have developed a bond and value the friendship that has formed between us. She has taught me so many things and doesn't even realize it. The time I spend with her is precious and I know that she has dementia and our time together is limited so I'm going to keep right on enjoying every minute that we have together.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  1:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Christina Burnham (Countrygirlchristinabur #7305) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I cross stitched a book mark using my imagination to come up with a pattern and sent it to a friend with a letter.

I made a couple mistakes but they can't easily be seen and I believe my friend who is like a sister to me will enjoy it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  1:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Emily Yost (emilyrosebud #5070) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“This merit badge was a process. I'm so glad I took the time to earn this one! It took me several weekends and evenings of cleaning out my kitchen cabinets and drawers and purging and reorganizing. I threw away expired items, donated food items that we don't need, cleared out (donated/recycled/passed on) unused or unneeded cookware/bakeware/storage containers/utensils/baking tools, and then reorganized my supplies so that I could easily find what I need. After taking those steps, I was able to determine what items I was missing. I realized that I needed some basic baking pans (bundt, square cake, and spring form), a set of measuring spoons, an ice cream scoop, a ladle, a pizza cutter, and a cast iron skillet. I also had a couple "wish" items on my list.....a panini press and a cookie dough scooper. Over the past several weeks, I've checked with my friends and family and looked for sales where I could purchase these basics. Finally, my mom and I visited Kohls with our coupons and Kohls cash to get the remainder of the needed items. The picture shows the items purchased from the store.

I'm really looking forward to the cooking and baking possibilities now that I have a complete working kitchen! Ever since organizing the cabinets, I have felt a sense of relief and ease when working in the kitchen. I'm already cooking more often! My father is a retired butcher. He worked int he industry for almost 50 years. I will be striving to earn the expert level Get it Together badge by having him teach me to sharpen my kitchen knives.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  2:22:13 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I collect cookbooks and recipes. The first cookbook I got was given to me from my grandma. Yes there are many cookbooks like the one from my grandma floating around that were printed here in the US. My cookbook was printed in the 50's.

Online, I've found several recipe sharing groups. At my home church we offer a crockpot cooking classes to teens and their families family.

I enjoy the cookbooks and read them often. I always seem to have a copy of the amish cooks cookbook out on the coffee table. I enjoy this book not only for the recipes but for the articles about her family.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  2:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I go often to the resale shops, garage sales, antique stores, flea markets, and auctions to look for more cookbooks to add to my collection. One of my favorite cookbooks is Taste of Home.

The cookbook collections I'm working on collecting right now are The Pioneer Women cookbooks. I have 2.

I feel that it always seems to turn out well as I can always more cookbooks to add to my collection. Right before Christmas I found a cool how to make cupcakes cookbook with all the recipes being made from scratch.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  2:24:01 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I've decided to display my cookbooks in my kitchen on a shelf near the table. I also have my cookie cutter collection displayed with my cookbooks.

When friends and family come for a visit they always seem to grab a cookbook, a cup of coffee, and a seat to enjoy reading . If it's winter they also get to enjoy the birds outside the sliding glass door.

I wish my shelf was larger so more of my cookbooks could be displayed but I like the idea of rotating them so they get used.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  2:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I made a valentine collage using vintage valentines and ribbon of pink and red colors. I loved how it turned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  2:26:09 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I have painted 4 pictures:
1. red barn
2. daisy canning jar
3. winter fun/snowman
4. spring

In the summer of 2018 I visited the art musuem with friends.

I love how my paintings turned out. I enjoyed learning about different art at the museum. Most were not my type of art work.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  2:30:24 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“1. I painted a oil painting of a tree. Oil painting is my least favorite way to paint.
2. I watched a you tube video and ask a friend to help frame and put a hanger on my painting
called canning jar which I gave to a friend for a gift this Christmas.
3. I entered my daisy canning jar painting the local fair. It won 2nd place.

I enjoyed the overall experience but won't be doing any oil painting any time soon.
I loved entering my painting in the fair and plan to enter another painting this summer.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  08:49:17 AM  Show Profile
Amanda Blatt (Amandablatt15 #7805) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“In May, I made a trellis for my cucumbers out of wood and pantyhose. I also made a teepee for my pole beans out of 3 stakes and some twine.

Each worked well but I will be making changes this year. I will make the teepee much larger so we can read under it and my daughter can play there. I will also be using twine instead of pantyhose because they just gave too much.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  08:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Amanda Blatt (Amandablatt15 #7805) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I decided to act on 2 out of the 3 causes. I collected baby and maternity items for an agency in my hometown that passed them out for free. I ended up delivering 2 large boxes and a garbage bag if items.

I started an initiative called "Socks for seniors" where I made a goal to collect enough socks for all of the residents in two of our local nursing homes. My goal was 160...with the help of my friends and family, we collected 308 pairs. At one center, each resident received 2 pairs. I spent the first two days talking with each center and I spent the next 2 weeks collecting socks from different people. My daughter and I purchased 25 pairs. I wanted to teach my daughter the gift of giving and it was so worth it!!

It worked out so well, the nursing homes were very thankful for the donations as was the pregnancy center. It felt amazing to give back to the community and it to teach my daughter to give and to be selfless.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  09:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lend a Hand to Families Merit Badge!

“Surgery is hard. Most result in limited physical activity, pain medications, and extra rest being necessary. Add farm animals and children to a mom that has surgery and the results equivocate to needing extra help!

A dear friend and neighbor found herself in this situation. To help her out, I made meals, cleaned her house, fed and tended to animals, and helped with her two children. What a blessing to me! Knowing you are being a blessing to someone else is the greatest mood booster in the world!

My friend made a full recovery from her surgery (removal of a mass in her abdomen that thankfully came back as non-cancerous). She was actually able to return to work a couple days early, though only working half days. I now have a stronger relationship with her young children. It was a long couple weeks with the added chores, but it was truly a blessing to be able to help!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  09:26:40 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lend a Hand to Families Merit Badge!

“There are two parts for fulfilling this level of the badge. The first is to clean a pregnant woman's house while she is gone. It took some doing, but I was able to do this for a dear friend only a few weeks before Christmas! What a joy it was to know that she was coming home to all her dishes, laundry, and cleaning done, and her husband and other children could just spend their time bonding with the new baby!!!

The second part of this badge is helping a family by making freezer meals. This came into fruition in September, October and again in November. I go over on a Sunday afternoon and cook between 10 and fourteen freezer meals so that they don't have to worry about it! Both parents work full-time, plus the mother is going to school and doing an internship! With three young children, the help was much appreciated!

I think my favorite part of this badge centers around the freezer meals. In November, I actually had the young girls help me and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  09:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“Due to living so far from my home town (I was born in MD), I decided to go to the local museum in our nearest big town, Gillette. The museum is called the Rockpile Museum. Gillette is a mining town, so railroads have always been extremely important! There are also exhibits about the Native Americans that lived here before the white man forced them out.

I thoroughly enjoyed the museum, and my second child LOVES history, so I am sure we will be returning soon. In fact, they are currently running a WWI exhibit and how it impacted the area, that we need to go see.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  09:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“One of the groups of people represented at the Rockpile Museum in Gillette, WY are the Native Americans. More often than not, this group of people are forgotten in our history, and regarded with less than the respect they earned and deserve! Also nearby is the Vore Buffalo Jump. As a homeschool field trip we decided to visit this amazing landmark.

A letter was written to the editor regarding the influence the Native Americans have on our area. Sadly the Native American population in this area are not as well respected as they deserve to be.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  09:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsoninaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“In July, the Rockpile Museum in Gillette held a Homestead Heritage Festival. There were wagon camps, blacksmiths, wool spinning, candlemaking, felting, and so much more!!! There was also traditional Basque dancing and thrashing machine demonstrations. It was like walking back in time, in the best way possible!!!

Our family absolutely loves reenactments and living history! When we lived in South Carolina, we use to go to reenactments and living history presentations regarding the Civil War. This was a different experience for us, and one we will treasure always!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  10:06:19 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“There were three parts to this badge...

1. Walk around and give each door and hinge a good oiling. I took the kids around with me as I did this, and they had a blast... especially telling me that I needed to do more if it still squeaked.

2. Oil the chains to any bikes our family owns. With 8 children, we seem to have bicycles coming out of our eyeballs. This made oiling day for the bikes quite the undertaking. But each one was done and the kids showed their appreciation by speeding down the driveway.

3. Make sure the metal garden tools are oiled and properly stored for winter. This was a new concept for me, but one I'm quite excited to see the results of come Spring!

This may sound a little silly, but I miss some of the squeakiness of our doors! I was always able to tell when one of the children were closing or opening a door without actually seeing them. Now they're able to be much more quiet. But I guess it is a great way to sharpen my listening skills - listening for tiny footsteps and clicking latches :) We do still have one door that still needs some help, though...”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  10:07:11 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“After finishing up the beginner level for this badge, we still had one door that squeaked - and it was one that I really didn't want to - our bedroom door! With my dear husband's help, just the other week, we took care of this issue! The first thing I did was have hubby help me take the door off the hinges and out the door. We actually cut part of the bottom of the door off! It then was sanded, the hinges cleaned really well and re-oiled, and the door knob was switched out. After re-installing it, we have found that it now works beautifully!

I'm not sure that all of the steps were necessary to fix our bedroom door, but while I missed some of the other doors squeaking, I needed ours to stop!!! Thankfully it doesn't make any squeaks now, nor does it drag on the carpet, and the door closes properly.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  10:18:30 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Plant It Forward Merit Badge!

“Our first growing season in Wyoming, I decided I wanted to try planting a box of vegetables, just to donate. We do raised-bed gardening opposed to regular rows, so I planted an 8 foot by 4 foot bed. In it I had two zucchini plants, some carrots, tomato plant, and a pepper plant, as well as some spinach.

My box for donation did about as well as the rest of my garden did - not spectacular, but alright. The zucchini, of course, grew great! I think I started my tomato plant a little late.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  10:19:29 AM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Plant It Forward Merit Badge!

“Based on our previous year's experience, I decided to do things a little different this year. Rather than planting a specific box to donate, I decided to donate a third of what I grew. This way I keep similar produce together, with the hopes of companion planting and a better crop.

God really blessed our growing season this past summer with lots of rain, which is virtually unheard of around here. I was able to grow and donate peas, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, and many cooking herbs. I'm hoping to actually buy a plot in our community garden this upcoming year with some friends and donating everything we grow!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page