Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  3:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Katie Kelsch (#4066) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have now collected enough reusable bags for my weekly shopping trip! Every week I bring my bags to the grocery store for my weekly trip. I have also collected a few extra to keep in my truck for those spur of the moment trips.

It turned out awesome! Not only am I saving money (California charges $0.10 a bag), but it helps me be more mindful while planning my purchases.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  11:31:14 AM  Show Profile
Loretta Brown (Loretta, #4579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“We met at one of our sisters homes and she introduced us to in house worm composting. Reviewed "The Earth Moved". I really stepped up my composting with the worms in mind and think I might start selling them locally.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  11:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Loretta Brown (Loretta, #4579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I already had a flock so I had my sisters that do not come over and help catch and trim the hens nail (I had never done this either) we even polished a couple. We also had a lesson on what "hole" the eggs come out of. No bloody nails and fresh eggs for all, it turned out great.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  11:32:51 AM  Show Profile
Loretta Brown (Loretta, #4579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level 3 R's (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) Merit Badge!

“During another meeting we made markers out of can lids, talked about how to keep our tools clean, and found all our tools (which was a project). It's very nice to have all my tools clean and in one place.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Loretta Brown (Loretta, #4579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“We went to a horse farm where we groomed and tacked up a quarter horse. We also discussed things that they do with their horses and why they choose the breeds that they do.

It was great just like a grade school field trip. We even found a great place to eat on the way home.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  12:54:32 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7389) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I am in a small group of women who try to meet once a month. In September, we agreed to read a book or two or three and then dress up like a character in our book for Halloween. We will have to vividly describe our character. We’ll then vote by paper ballot for the best in show. I have a $10 Starbucks gift card and a mini bottle of Crown Royal to donate as first prize! My character drank coffee but also added some alcohol in the mix! Can you guess who?

I have also joined the Farmgirl Book Club on Facebook. The Testament of Harold’s Wife is now a favorite book! It is one I will reread again to make sure I know everything about Louisa and her chickens! I’ve enjoyed interacting with others online in the book club. If you don’t believe in signs, you will by the end of the book! I can hardly wait for the live chat with Lynne Hugo! My To Be Read (TBR) pile continues to grow as I also love the Great American Read journey with thousands of other bibliophiles.

I profess to be a bibliophile! Since September 9th , I’ve read four books and already started two more yesterday. I declared at one time to stop buying books but that didn’t last long. Does anyone else have that issue? I do plan to cull my home library when I start my own Little Free Library, but I will never be without books in my living space. Get over it, my daughter! Donate what is left of my books to the local library to sell after I am dead and gone. Until then, I don’t ever want to be without my favorite books!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  12:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7389) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rythmatic Merit Badge!

“I already own the books mentioned in the description. "Woe is I: The Grammarphobe’s Guide to Better English in Plain English" by Patricia
T. O’Conner, and "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation" by Lynne Truss. I am an English Major but I still have to look up a punctuation mark occasionally. I cringe when I hear my grandchildren say, “Mash the button.” They are promptly chastised and corrected. “You mash potatoes, you press buttons.” Don’t get me started on the word ain’t! I wonder if grammar and the rules of grammar are taught in school these days! I write frequently, but I’ve had a thought in my head lately about our right to vote. I created my persuasive essay on why we should all vote. This essay has been sent to my local newspaper to be printed as a Letter to the Editor. My latest poem is a concrete poem written in the shape of a pig. This poem will forever memorialize my grandson’s two 4-H pigs. My short story is also about Notches and Sugar, the best pigs a little boy could ever raise, the reality of their demise, and the lasting consequences for the family.

To finish this badge, I needed to write something worthwhile. I thought long and hard about my short story. The trauma of selling the pigs after raising them from toddlers has had lasting consequences for the family. My grandson declared he would not raise another pig that has to be sold for butchering. My young granddaughter is becoming more of a vegetarian. I now buy pork and poultry from a local producer who treats his animals humanely, even during the kill. The concrete poem will become a Christmas present to the grands.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  12:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7389) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“Over the last month, I’ve had the opportunity to babysit my best friend’s cat. Chloe is a very sweet cat, and I enjoyed having her for four days until her Mom returned from hurricane evacuation. Of course, there is a but in there. I’m not used to a cat in the house all the time. I don’t do a litter pan very well. Cleaning it out is disgusting and smelly. I dislike cat hair on my bedding and clothes. I am definitely allergic to cats inside the house! I worried about evacuation also. How would I manage an extra cat? I also kept a hedgehog overnight. I know nothing about hedgehogs and was glad to see it go!

I have fostered a couple of dogs for the local animal shelter recently. If I was fully retired, I could foster on a regular basis but I found it too taxing on my nerves and work schedule. I am a dog person no doubt! I own one large dog and a small dog. I also own an outdoor/indoor cat with no litter pan. The small dog stays inside but loves his time outside as well. He is fully house-trained. The old dog stays outside but also has shelter on the back porch during inclement weather. Due to aging health issues recently, she stays in my bathroom on the cool ceramic floor much of the time now. I allow her to decide where she wants to stay night or day. I have a plan for hurricane evacuation and carriers ready for each animal. The man in my life is here to keep them when I vacation. I consider my pets low maintenance, but that also comes with proper planning and proper care all the time. I take animal ownership very seriously!

I’ve had enough of pet sitting. It is not for me. I may foster more once I retire but not now.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  12:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Carolinacateyes, #7389) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Buzzin' Around Merit Badge!

“Having a chainsaw is a necessary tool for every woman! I tired of asking my brother to cut down things for me, so last year I decided to buy a chainsaw. I knew I didn’t want the gas-powered pull type because I lack the upper body strength to get it started. I didn’t want to bother with mixing the oil in the gas. I decided on an electric chainsaw. After all, I wasn’t actually cutting large trees down. I needed one to cut overgrowth, limbs, and small trees and maybe a fence post or two. I purchased my light-weight electric chainsaw with a pole attachment for my Christmas present to me from me! I also purchased women’s leather gloves and bar oil. I already had protective eye glasses to fit over my prescription glasses, noise-reducing ear phones, a hard hat, lug-sole work boots, and a very old rugged pair of chaps. I also have a splitting maul and wedges and an ax, although I rarely use them. I was ready to work on the farm.

There were no classes offered in my area on how to use the chainsaw, so I enlisted the help of a friend. He showed me how and where to put the bar oil, how to wrap the electric cord so I wouldn’t accidentally cut the power cord, how to start it and how to begin cutting. He handed the chainsaw to me. I was a bit intimidated! I cut some small brush, unplugged the chainsaw, and put it up for the day. The next day I put the chainsaw on the pole to cut lower limbs of an old pecan tree. My friend watched me complete the job and gave me advice on the correct pressure while cutting, let the chainsaw do the work, keep an eye on the cord. I cut the branches into lengths of wood for the wood burning stove.

Although I never found the recommended YOUTUBE Video, I did watch several other videos. I found that I received better instruction from my male friend. He has also taught me how to keep the chain clean, take the chain off the bar, sharpen the chain, and put the chain back on the bar. He has been a great teacher!

It’s been about nine months since purchasing my electric chainsaw. I feel like I’m an old hand at this now. I’ve introduced several women in my community to the electric chainsaw and its easy usage. So far, none are interested in getting their own tools or their hands dirty. Besides, most have husbands to do that kind of work!

On Saturday, I cut an ailing dogwood tree down, cut the trunk into lengths, and threw the small branches into a compost pile. Yesterday, I cut some Cherry trees and overgrowth in my azalea patch. I always put on my safety gear; wear chaps over my long pants, put on my eye and ear wear, leather gloves and work boots. I check the bar oil and the extension cord connection. Safety first! I always put my tools up for the next time. I don’t know how I lived without a chainsaw for so many years. Sure makes this 66 year old woman feel powerful with the chainsaw in hand when women so much younger won’t touch one. I’m thinking I may need to look into a small, light-weight but powerful gas-powered chainsaw (STIHL MS 201) for Christmas this year!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  1:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Katie Kelsch (#4066) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Well I now have close to two dozen mason jars full of buttons, divided by colors, metals and antiques. I wasn’t planning on doing this one next but a coworker gifted me her grandma’s buttons and the collection was born. I may be a button junky. They are my new art muse.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  1:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Katie Kelsch (#4066) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I don’t wear jewelry, but I do love art. I painted and buttoned a rooster piece now hanging in my office. I figured wearing it on my office wall is close enough to wearing jewelry on my arm!

I have so many ideas! Buttons are so beautiful. I need more time to explore them. However I need to be careful so I don’t become a button hoarder.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:01:59 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Calligraphy Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I found some great practice sheets for calligraphy. I tried them out using a calligraphy marker. I think I am going to like using a nib and ink better, I think it will have more control, but I also think there is a place for the markers.

I also read, "Modern Calligraphy" by Molly S. Thorpe. What a beautiful book! What I really love about this book is that it allows you to create your own style of writing and not feel like you are restricted to a certain kind of font. I will definitely refer to this book often.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“For the expert level of this badge, I wanted to do something different. There are several places in our community that could use help: volunteering in the public or school library, helping in the school classrooms, being a Reading partner with the schools, Meals on Wheels, Habitat for Humanity, helping in our church office. But I decided that I wanted to sew for the Dress A Girl program. I read about it when it was featured in Mary Jane's magazine. I love everything about this organization!

I had lots of fabric, buttons, trim, etc., plus I shopped sales and found more. To date, I have sewn and sent off 73 dresses. I like to think about where they will end up and what little girl will be wearing them. I have about 30 more cut out to make up but will work on them after the first of the year. I have shared with my farmgirl chapter about the Dress a Girl program. Here is a picture of the last 43 that I sent off recently.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lend a Hand to Farm Families Merit Badge!

“Both my son and son in law are farmers and have their own AG businesses on the side. I have filled in many times helping them take care of animals when they are out of town, running farm equipment and just helping where I can.

I have learned a lot about each son's business and what they are producing. I'm able now to go out and help promote their products. I always learn something new each year running machinery, even when I think I know what I'm doing! I have even been promoted to wheat combine, after many years! It is so different than grass combining, much faster and completely different way of harvesting. I'm glad that they have confidence in me!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lend a Hand to Farm Families Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I have continued helping both boys {son & son-in-law) for an additional 10 hours, harvesting, cleaning rye seed by hand, visiting breweries and delivering samples, delivering feed and helping with farm events.

I have also fixed dinner for everyone and our other workers on more than one occasion so we could all relax and enjoy each other's company at the end of the week!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Lend a Hand to Farm Families Merit Badge!

“For this badge, I continued on with helping my boys and their businesses out for an additional 20 hours. I have made deliveries out of town and on the other side of the state when they are short handed, helped on the farm setting up events that we have sponsored for the public and cleaned up afterwards of said events, cleaned and swept in the malt house, hosted visiting customers and continued to help with harvest time.

I enjoy helping the kids out. They have a lot on their plates and I am thankful that I have time to help them. I've enjoyed watching their businesses grow and I enjoy being a part of it with them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

“My favorite thing to freeze are berries. They take very little time and we always enjoy them during the winter. Rinse and dry the berries and then bag in ziploc bags. For berries that might stick together, such as strawberries or blackberries, lay them out on a cookie sheet in a single layer to freeze first before bagging.

Other fruits such as peaches, apples and pears need to be treated with citric acid to prevent darkening before freezing. They can be frozen as is, or frozen in a sugar or syrup pack.

Vegetables need to be blanched before freezing to help maintain freshness.

I have frozen berries, peaches, tomatoes, chopped peppers and onions.

I started a thread in our Henhouse chatroom for this badge as we are working on completing this badge as a group. We can all share our hints with each other.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

“Food can be dried a few different ways but a food dehydrator will give you a more uniform product.
Food can be dried in the sun or laid out in a room to dry but this requires consistent temperatures of 90 degrees or more, clean air and insect control.

Food can be dried in the oven but is only good for small batches. It heats the food but doesn't remove the moisture as effectively. It is also cheaper to run a dehydrator than an oven for food drying.

Fruit is my favorite thing to dry. It makes for great snacks! I have dried bananas, apples, pears, strawberries and peaches. I have also dried sliced bell peppers.

I read once that if you have easy access to your food dehydrator, it is easy to throw in small amounts of food here and there...such as a couple of bananas that are going to brown soon, extra vegetables that aren't going to get eaten right away....a little dried here and there adds up! And no waste!

Using frozen peaches and the last of my dehydrated peaches, I made my family a peach crisp! This was the first time that I had ever re-hydrated fruit before using as we usually eat it dried.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

“Food can be preserved by either a water bath canning method or using a pressure cooker. Fruits and high acidic foods will use the water bath method while meats and vegetables have to be done in a pressure cooker.

I have canned all kinds of produce over the years: apple and pear sauces, cherries, peaches, pears, apricots, plums, tomatoes, pasta and pizza sauces, salsa, jams and jellies, green beans, and corn.
I have also used my pressure cooker to can game meat, smoked fish, chicken soup and broth and stew.

I made a spaghetti sauce for my family using canned roasted garlic tomato sauce, dehydrated chopped peppers and frozen onions. The picture is a batch of elk meat that I canned last winter.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Weather Merit Badge!

“I have always been fascinated with the weather! I remember always having to listen to the weather report at my grandparents' house at dinnertime and to this day I check the weather everyday. Probably from years of being married to a farmer! I read "Weather for Dummies" for fun...lots of interesting information about weather.

Our atmosphere is the layer of gases that surrounds the Earth above the air layer. It is made of several layers: the troposphere, where most clouds are found. This is the layer that we associate with weather. The other layers are the stratosphere, mesosphere, ionosphere and exosphere. The condition of the atmosphere affects our climate, which is the pattern of variation in temperatures, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, precipitation and ultraviolet light.

Atmospheric pressure is also called barometric pressure. It is the pressure within the atmosphere of the Earth. It's a unit of measurement equal to the air pressure at sea level, about 14.7 lb./square inch. It is measured by a barometer. The barometer is used especially in forecasting the weather and determining altitude.

Wind is air in motion. It's produced by the uneven heating of the Earth's surface by the sun. Since the Earth is made of various land and water formations, it absorbs the sun's radiation unevenly.

An air mass are large bodies of air whose properties of temperature and humidity are similar in any horizontal direction. They can cover hundreds of thousands of square miles. They are formed when air stagnates for long periods of time over a uniform surface. Their temperature and moisture are determined by the surface over which they form. They acquire these attributes through the heat and moisture exchanged with that surface. They are classified by what kind of region they come from: a cold mass from the polar regions are Polar masses; a warm mass from a tropical region is a Tropical air mass; moist masses formed over oceans are Maritime masses; and dry masses formed over land are known as Continental air masses.
As air masses move with the winds they travel from where they were formed to other areas and bring changes to the weather.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Weather Merit Badge!

“All about clouds!
Clouds are formed when warm and moist air rises up, cools then expands in the atmosphere. The water vapor in the air condenses to form tiny water droplets which form the basis of clouds.

Clouds are classified according to their height above and appearance from the ground. Cirro clouds are high, thin and streaky and made of ice crystals. They are the first sign of an approaching warm front. Cirrus, cirrostratus and cirrocumulus clouds fall in this category. Alto are mid height clouds, they are flat in texture and also warn of an approaching warm front. These include altostratus and altocumulus. Strato clouds are horizontal in shape. Stratocumulus clouds are layers of cloud "clumps". Nimbo clouds are the precipitation clouds. They are thick and dense. The Cumulo clouds are "heaps". Cumulus clouds usually form vertically and produce serious storms.

Learning this about clouds, I can now predict a cold front coming in a few days when I see the high, thin cirro clouds moving across the sky.

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is watch the approaching thunderstorms. The clouds build over the mountains and I think it's fascinating to watch the clouds tower and grow bigger as they move north along the mountain range. I think the cumulus clouds are beautiful with the dark under clouds and the tall, puffy white tops.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:22:35 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Weather Merit Badge!

“For this badge I kept a record of our weather for the month of March 2017. I noted the low and high temps for the day, any precipitation, time of sunrise and sunset, wind, clouds and change in barometer.

Over the month of March, we received 1.25" of moisture in the form of rain and snow; our average low temp was 33; our average high temp was 52; 15 out of 31 days were windy...no surprise, there; 7 out of 31 days were wet; the time of sunrise changed from 6:39 to 6:45 and the time of sunset changed from 5:53 to 7:31, taking into account daylight savings time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Public Service Merit Badge!

“I have been voting in local, state and national elections since I turned 18 and was of legal age to vote. That's been just a FEW years ago! I don't think that there has been an election that I have not voted in.

I think that it's important to read up on the ballot initiatives, study their wording, because they can be misleading, and see who is for and against them.

This spring I attended community meetings for our county election, one for county commissioner and one for our county clerk. I was surprised by how much the county commissioners were required to know and do in their position. I was also glad that I went and listened to each candidate speak. It gave me such a better perspective to see what each candidate was like and not just making a choice from what was written in their bio in the ballot handbook. There were a couple of candidates running that at first I didn't think had the qualifications but in listening to them, decided that I thought they could do the job and bring a fresh breath of air into our community!

I also posted in my farmgirl chapter about the importance of voting!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Public Service Merit Badge!

“Over the years, I have supported many candidates running for various offices, either by monetary donations, yard signs and getting out the word about my chosen candidate and why I think they would be a good choice.

This spring I had several yard signs out for local candidates and have one out right now for a special initiative that is coming up in a couple of weeks in our state election.

I am also currently helping support our governor's race for our state by doing the same things, donations of money and getting out the word about our candidate. Only a few more weeks!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2018 :  2:28:31 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Klann (debbieklann, #770) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Public Service Merit Badge!

“Over the years, I have had my favorite candidates win and lose. Two years ago I had the candidate that I had been helping to support win his election.

Right now, we are supporting a candidate running for our governor. Only 3 more weeks to go and the race is getting exciting! I hope that he will be victorious and become our new governor!

I also read "Free Lunch" by David Cay Johnson. I think the best way to describe what I read is SHOCKING. I couldn't believe what goes on behind the scenes in our government. It made me angry. It's not something that I would have read on my own, but I am glad that I did.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page