Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:15:45 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl Villebrun (#353) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“I walk my dogs in my neighborhood and a nearby park when able. The past couple of months it's just been in my neighborhood but I do have some lovely trees in our area. Immediately out my front door is a Mountain Ash. The neighbor on the left of us has a Lilac Tree (not bush) which was planted about 4 yrs ago to replace a large maple that had been damaged in a wind storm. It produces beautiful white flowers that smell divine in late Spring/early Summer. The neighbor to the right of us has a large Maple tree that has been struck by lightning twice in the almost 9 years we've lived here but continues to thrive. It bears a long black streak down it's trunk from where the lightning charred it.

Around the corner from us several neighbors have sugar maples that someone taps to hang sap buckets from each Spring to collect nature's sweet sugar to make maple syrup. For the most part I know all of the trees in the area I live but if I had questions I would use the free online tree identification guide found in this link for my area. http://dnr.wi.gov/education/educatorresources/treeid.html

I've always enjoyed nature and knowing how trees shelter us from the sun and also give us food such as nuts and fruit is fun to know and tasty too.

The picture shown is our Mountain Ash. Ash trees are becoming an endangered species in our area because of the Emerald Borer which bores into the tree feeding from it and eventually killing the tree. They have begun cutting Ash trees down in our area and replacing them with other trees in an effort to stop the spread of this borer worm. I will be sad if our tree is cut for this reason. It gives the front of our home a lot of shade.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:18:33 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl Villebrun (#353) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“Peabody Park was my area of observation. Wisconsin is a wonderful area to find native trees and many of them. The State has gone to great lengths to preserve all they can. In the park can be found Oak, Maple, Ash, Cottonwood, Blue Spruce, Birch, Elm and Horse Chestnut.

When it comes to making a tree windbreak the best kinds in the Midwest seem to be the Pines and Spruce trees. Planting the shorter trees in the first row and then lining up taller species or faster growing one in each line after for 3 or 4 rows. The number of rows decides on the landowner's wishes. Trees should be planted 15 to 20 feet apart to allow for growth. Shrubbery depending on the full grown size of the plant. You can find this info when you purchase your shrubs on the tag description. Windbreaks provide home to a multitude of birds and small animals as well as helping provide a windbreak against the cold harsh winds of Winter. Your home will heat easier with reduced costs if you have a good Windbreak on the North side of your home. It will prevent high drifting across your lawn, driveway and sidewalk. If you have livestock it can also protect your stock barn, chicken coops, etc. so your animals will stay warmer. Even in the Summer time if there are high winds the shrubbery and trees can possibly save your home from high wind damage as it will slow down the ground winds heading at your property. You do need to maintain your shrubs and trees by clearing up any dead branches and pruning as needed to keep your trees and shrubs healthy.

The park is always a lovely place to walk. There is a small trail that goes back into woods and a fenced creek that is overflow from a nearby paper mill. Thankfully, the water looks clean and doesn't smell of pollution. This 16.2 acre park runs along the Fox River which is one of only 4 Northern flowing rivers in the World. I'm very proud of my community and this is our largest park. It's just over a block from my home so I am able to be there often. There is fishing and lots of geese and ducks each Spring. The babies are darling. One of my favorite places to be.

My parents had an acreage and a windbreak of tall shrubs on the Northern side of their home with a property line fence the farmer next to them had in place when they bought their home some 47 yrs ago. My dad still lives there. The windbreak was very effective for their home. Much of the yard on the Northern side of the house had large areas where there was very little snow. The further away from the house to the South you got the deeper the snow. If I lived in the country and had need of a windbreak I would put one in place for sure. The enclosed tree picture is a maple from the neighborhood. Pretty colors!”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (Aussie Chick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I have continued my training calendar since October last year. My goal was to run in the Yuleba Half-marathon in April. We live on the Bicentennial National Trail, so most of my running has been along the trail. I also went running on the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail (great to run with such beautiful scenery to take in).

I successfully ran in the Yuelba marathon, completing the 21km half marathon. The marathon was also a fund raiser for children diagnosed with Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome. It was a great feeling to run over the finish line.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (Aussie Chick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“Since completing the Yuelba Half Marathon in April, I have continued to run 3-4 times each week and have signed up for several more local fun runs. My husband is now running with me!!

My husband and I successfully completed the 8.3km Laidley Hospital Centenary Fun Run yesterday and we are competing in the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Fun Run on 12 July. This will be our 4th year participating in the BVRT Fun Run.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Kris Sievert (kesinmn, #6020) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“When I was doing the Beginning merit badge, I learned that there is a garden recycling available in the summer month. A large dumpster is at the municipal building for yard waste (no bags, no branches). I started bringing weeds to that site when we first started weeding in the garden for year - 5/23.

We have 2 large totes that fit into the back seat of my car. Just fill those up with weeds and drop off at the community site.

Have kept it up for a month. It's been a real wonderful option for me. Living town, I don't have the ideal spot for a compost pile. It simply doesn't get hot enough to use for deposing of weeds. It just won't kill them.

Being able to depose of weeds at the community site has been a much better alternative to putting them in the garbage or my compost site.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Kris Sievert (kesinmn, #6020) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Cheesemaking Merit Badge!

“I unexpectedly got a yogurt maker from my boyfriend for my birthday. He couldn't understand why I would pay top dollar for a organic cream yogurt.

I have repeatedly made yogurt in an attempts to get the product I love.

First attempt was using my favorite yogurt as a starter and it worked perfectly.

2nd attempt used on of the 1st batch as the starter, and it wasn't quite as solid.

3rd attempt used a yogurt starter mix I found. Used a 3/1 ratio of milk to cream. Good product but maybe a little high in fat.

4th attempt used started from the 3rd batch and the batch had a hard boil since I wasn't paying attention. Runny batch.

5th attempt will changed recipe to 4/1 ratio whole milk/cream and yogurt mix. Perfect results.

This is very creamy and tangy. We are able to mix in high percent fruit preserves into the yogurt per our own individuals tastes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Kris Sievert (kesinmn, #6020) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Rootin Tootin Merit Badge!

“Radish, carrot, beets, rutabaga, turnips and parsnips

5/16 I browsed Aldi for root vegetables. They only had California carrots. That didn't seem like very good attempt at this badge.

So every other week we go to the grocery store, I have been trying to scope out root vegetables. I have been a little surprised at the lack of root veggies in the various stores in my area.

I found Daikon radish and organic beets but no locations on the labels. I was rather surprised it took about a month before I found a rutebaga but again no location on label.

I was really surprised how little the root vegetables were represented in the 3 groceries store we regularly visit.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:48:01 PM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf, #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“Planting season starts early here in South Carolina! We literally can start planting the first of the year! My first planting consisted of:

Potatoes - both yukon gold and red
Carrots - Scarlet Nantes
Leaf Lettuce - Red Sails, and Gourmet Blend
Head Lettuce - Four Seasons Butterhead, Sylvestra, and Lettuce Bibb (Limestone)
Peas - Sugar Daddy Snap Peas
Radishes - Purple Plum
Spinach - Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach
Swiss Chard - Flamingo and Rubi Red, Perpetual Spinach
Green Onions - Evergreen Long White Bunching

The carrots, radishes, spinach, and the perpetual spinach, are heirloom seeds.

I also read "Gardening with Heirloom Seeds" which is definitely a new favorite gardening book!

This was the FIRST year we have successfully grown carrots! Both they and the radishes did fantastic. The spinach and perpetual spinach were not as successful.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf, #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“Our next planting is Spring Planting, from March to May. We planted:

Bush Beans - Black Valentine, Bush Blue Lake, Provider, and Slenderette
Cantaloupe - Hearts of Gold
Cucumbers - Russian Pickling, Long Green Imperial, and Beit Aplpha Cucumber
Eggplant - Listada de Gandia
Sweet Peppers - Marconi, Emerald Green Giant Bells, and Red Mini Bell Peppers
Hot Peppers - Lemon Drop Peppers, Cayenne Long Thin Peppers, Craig's Grande Jalapeño Peppers, Thai Red Chili Peppers, and Serrano Tampequino Peppers
Squash - Spaghetti
Tomatoes - Black Krim, Cherokee Purple, Amish Paste, Riesentraube Cherry, Matina, San Marzano, and Red Pear
Watermelon - Cream of Saskatchewan

The Black Valentine beans, Beit Alpha and Long Green Improved Cucumbers, Listada de Gandia Eggplant, Emerald Giant sweet peppers, Red Mini Bell Peppers, all 5 types of hot peppers, spaghetti squash, Cherokee Purple and Riesentraube tomatoes, and Cream of Saskatchewan Watermelon were all heirlooms, making up 56% of the plantings being heirloom! Now that I am harvesting my tomatoes, peppers, and beans, I have also started harvesting seeds.

The heirloom produce has been much superior in flavor and growth, compared to the other varieties we are growing. Tomatoes have done EXTREMELY well this year, as are my hot pepper plants, especially my serrano. I have baby eggplant and baby watermelons now, as well as spaghetti squash, that we are just waiting to grow more and mature. The cucumber production has also been great!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:52:09 PM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf, #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“A little over half of my garden is now started from heirloom seeds. I have been saving the seeds as the produce matures and have been sharing them with others. By harvesting these seeds, I will be able to continue growing these species of plants, as well as keep them "alive and well" in the gardening realm.

I have found that the heirloom seeds I have planted do better than the seeds I have planted. The taste and flavor are much better, the bugs do not seem to attack them as much, they are withstanding the heat better, and seem more prolific. I am hoping to eventually switch to 100% heirloom seeds in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:56:33 PM  Show Profile
Shannon Hudson (hudsonsinaf, #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level
Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“Growing up I remember my parents having a compost pile. They threw anything and everything in it, including table scraps of leftover foods. Our dog use to always be digging in it!

As I researched composting, I quickly found that no meat products should be placed in your compost bins, but I also learned the benefits of composting. The middle of last Fall - around September, we bought a compost bin system. You add the composting material to one side and then when it is full, you start he other side and let the first side "do its thing." It is a plastic container with metal legs, which allows you to spin it in order to mix it.

We first used our compost material when we planted our Spring Garden boxes, in March. My oh my was the soil lovely! I give the compost partial credit for the garden doing as well as it is this year!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:29:47 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have read and re-read Blogging For Bliss by Tar Frey. I have enjoyed looking at a number of the sites. I especially enjoyed the decor from French design. I checked out some other sites on crafts and I was looking at and taking part in sites on quilting before doing this merit badge.

I chose my blog some time ago and am passionate about country life and also my dear Daisy Mae Foxhound so my blog is Country Katie and Daisy Mae.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I started my blog on 11/23/2013 but went slowly at learning things from a book called Blogging For Dummies. I posted on Country Katie and Daisy Mae at that date and have continued to do so with topics about glamping, gardening, knitting, and more. I have added my blog to GirlGab.com some time ago.

I have learned a little at a time, and just recently have started adding color and also pictures. I have learned to change profile photos, and some other things. This seems to be something that I will enjoy for a time, including reading others blogs. I look at knitting, quilting, gardening and travel blogs also.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I learned how to add my profile picture and then how to change pictures. Now I also am able to add pictures at beginning or end of the blog. I also have published more then ten blogs as I have been doing this since the end of 2013 but this is the first I have applied for the badge as it just takes awhile to get things going with a blog, at least for me. I have visited other's blogs and they have done the same with mine. I do not have a big following but believe in time and if I learn to add some more decor and "class" to my simple blog, it will be looked at more.

I believe my blogging is doing fine. I know I could be on more often and respond to others blogs, maybe ask questions at the end of my blogs so people may respond, and maybe list more topics. I enjoy telling things about gardening, knitting, glamping, and my sweet Daisy Mae Foxhound. As your blogging section states, it takes time to build a following. Actually I am not so concerned about a large following as I am enjoying it for the writing experience and journal entry for myself.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“Herbs: sage, basil, oregano, thyme, dill.

Sage: great with meats
Basil: good on pork chops
Oregano: good with pastas and also in spreads for crackers or crusty breads.
Thyme: like on chicken baked in oven
Dill: especially good on buttered noodles but also used in spreads for crackers.

I have tried all of the above and like them all. I also grow all of them. Knowing about and trying different herbs is fun and I enjoy learning more about it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:50:31 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have had an herb garden off and on for years, but recently have made a very nice one at one end of my front flowerbed. I planted herbs that grew well last year, but all did not come back. My parsley, dill, chives, and lavender did come up again. It is the lavender that I have used to add to my baths and also used in teas. It soothes itchy skin and also calms nerves. It is also very pretty.

This newest herb garden is doing well. I have to say, it is also pretty. I like when the chives get the pretty purple balls on top. I also enjoy just going out front and cutting some for breads, etc.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have done this, having dill, sage, rosemary, thyme, lavender, chives, yarrow, parsley. I have harvested these items and used them many times in cooking or tea or garnish. I have even picked dill and used it as a bouquet. It is very fragrant. I have dried herbs by cutting and tying in small bundles and hanging by push pins and yarn on my antique wooden shelf over my kitchen window. They look pretty while drying and make my country home even more homey.

I have packaged dill for family and given some neighbors other herbs. I actually made some great butter spreads that I also shared with friends. Just so simple, soft butter stick and herbs and whip with mixer for awhile. Scrap bowl, roll in a log and wrap in waxed paper and chill until you want to use. Get at room temp and serve on crackers or even a dab in soup.

This herb garden is a must for me and hoping others will try growing herbs. You can dig out and keep some indoors also. I don't plan to do this but did try it once but like to dry them instead. I was able to also go to a Master Gardener Herb Specialist presentation with a women's group in my local area. Very interesting.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“Breathing deeply does clear the mind and also the lungs which help with health. I have asthma and this was recommended to me by my doctor some time ago. I really started doing this last fall as I walked and camped with my Daisy Mae Foxhound.

This has helped me greatly. I don't use my rescue inhaler as much for my asthma. I also seem to have less trouble with getting bronchial infections. Thinking it is due to clearing out my lungs, but also being outdoors and enjoying the nice clean country air.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  3:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I enjoy walking and just listening to the "quiet" of nature but also the sounds of nature like the wind, birds, frogs, etc. My Daisy Mae Foxhound and I walk at home every day several times for about 30 minutes each time. When glamping, we walk more and longer as it is part of our entertainment and fun of going to the federal recreational area we camp at. I try to not use my phone, but take it along for emergencies, but believe if I am walking and talking on a phone, I am missing the whole relaxation and outdoor experience. Besides, I would also be missing the special bound with my dog.

This has been working well for me. I feel better and believe I am healthier and stronger. Actually when I retired early four years ago, I was suffering with chronic fatigue and also have heart pvc issues. My heart doctor has gone from seeing me every six months to once a year now. Yeah!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  4:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Katie Wright (glamping grandma, #5600) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“Yoga, yes, yes. I did yoga over 20 years ago and then married a farmer and also worked too many hours all in the opposite direction of the YMCA where I had attended. After retiring, it was again on my list of things to do. Last fall I joined the YMCA and a yoga class that meets twice a week for one hour. I also swim laps. We have a pool for summer use, but now I can swim all winter long and have been increasing my laps and enjoying it also.

Yoga is making me appreciate focus and balance and the stretching has helped with muscle aches. After yoga for one hour on Tuesday and Thursday, I swim laps. I stop at the end of each lap and breathe a bit as I have asthma, but I am amazed at how I am feeling.... I guess in one word it would be ......strong. Oh, I am 67 and feel better then I did ten years ago.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  3:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca White (Beccalou2, #6430) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I made a small purse, in which I used flat seams and hand sewn seams. Then I learned how to do a french seam, and a Flat Felled seam. Both of them can be used for people with sensitive skin to make a nice enclosed seam that does not rub.

My attempt at both the french seam and the flat felled seam turn out good. I have incorporated them into items that I will be using for other badges.

My purse is very nice I had already done the front for another project and blog hop that I did.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  4:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca White (Beccalou2, #6430) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“Oh, the choices. I could not decide which apron I wanted to make . so I did both. and Both are different. The First apron, required plain seams and bound seams. The other apron used enclosed seams and rolled seams to achieve the look that I wanted. a rolled seam is somewhat like a felled seam. only using one piece of fabric.

I love the material that I used for both of the aprons. And I love both of the aprons. I think that one is a bit more "Parlor room" meaning that you would wear it for company coming over, and the other is more just wear it when you are in the kitchen.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  4:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Corine Runnion (Corine, #6367) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I now have a collection of 15 reusable bags for groceries and another set for produce also a basket that I use every time I go shopping. I like using my own bags, I can wash them when they get dirty and now no accumulation of plastic, I do hate plastic bags.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  4:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Corine Runnion (Corine, #6370) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“Went to Surrey BC and spent 9 days with a cousin with cancer cooked, cleaned too I'm for drives, took him for coffee when he was feeling up to it and just being there spending time, also for 2 hours a day I would go and visit my aunt at a nursing home in Abbotsford spent time with her and took her to her lunch and played some games also helped a few other people at the nursing home.

It felt good to spend some time with them. Everything turned out good it was great to visit and spend time and they really appreciated the company.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  4:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Corine Runnion (Corine, #6370) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“Went to a health fair and won 3 month membership to curves. I started May 15, 2015 and made a pledge to myself that I would lose weight. on June 15, 2015 weighed in and I had lost 10 lbs.

This turned out wonderful so I am keeping it up I am going 6 days a week and doing great!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page