Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  4:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Barb Keefe (ranerider, #5355) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I took some time every day to consciously think about relaxing and stress. Not only did I utilize deep breathing but I did some other things as well. If I was tired I went to bed, and couple of times this was pretty early! I took time in the morning to write in the gratitude journal, read the Book of Amazing, and spend a few minutes gathering my thoughts for the day rather than immediately turn on the tv and listen to not so positive news.

I started listening to music more. I allowed myself to relax, read or watch a movie rather than go go go and always have to get something done. My husband and I are trying to eat a little healthier which is a good way to take care of ourselves. This all helps to keep me healthy and combat stress.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Barb Keefe (ranerider, #5355) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“My goal for this badge was to get in some exercise 4 days a week starting gradually and progressing. Daily exercise would not be realistic. I purchased a calendar book to document what I did.
My routine started out with a total body range of motion exercise program since I had not been active for a long time. I did each body part for 7 repetitions.

For strengthening I did the following exercises targeting uppers one day and legs a different day. For the most part I did 2 sets of 12 repetitions and if I felt real good did 3 sets.

Upper exercises:
-Bicep curls starting with 3 pounds and progressing to 8.
-Triceps starting with 3 pounds and progressing to 8.
-Press starting with 3 pounds and progressing to 8.
-Bent over row with scapula retraction starting with 3 pounds progressing to 8.

Lower exercises:
-Straight leg raises starting without weight and progressing to 7 pounds.
-Hip abduction starting without weight and progressing to 5 pounds.
-Hip adduction starting without weight and progressing to 5 pounds.
-Hamstrings starting with 5 pounds and progressing to 7.
-Bridges starting without weight and low reps progressing to 10 pounds 3 sets of 25.
-Abdominals: variety of curl ups, “100’s”, bicycle, planks

After 2 months of this I needed a change and started yoga at home. I bought a couple of books and watched some programs on tv. It is much harder than it looks! It was very motivating to get me to do something and I am still at it.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Barb Keefe (ranerider, #5355) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I continued with my exercises as described in the beginner level and started really paying closer attention to what we are eating. I did some googling around on GMO’s, all natural make-up, organic fruits. I subscribed to VeriaLiving channel on DISH for $5 a month. This has really increased my knowledge about many areas of health that are more holistic. I have started a home yoga routine. My groceries are changing to more organic such as apples, spices, bulk tea and herbs. I bought a ¼ beef from a local farmer that does not use hormones or antibiotics and I buy my eggs from a friend or get the organic fed, cage free variety even though they are more costly. I have yet to find any local chicken however. In the long run it evens out because I am not purchasing a lot of junk food.

While shopping at a second hand store I was able to “upcycle” a food dehydrator and am trying that now. Normally I do not cook with beans very much and have tried a couple bean dishes and am planning on starting meatless Mondays. Moving forward I want to drink more water and have started to drink a glass when I get up, at lunch and when I get home from work. From now on when something needs refilling or replacing I am going to do it with the most healthy natural choice.

This has changed a lot more than I thought once I was writing it all down to report. One thing at a time will make it easy and it does add up. It has increased my awareness and will make me healthier.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Barb Keefe (ranerider, #5355) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I purchased a little diary and began my gratitude journal on 8/29/13 and am still writing in it although not always everyday like I did at first.

I bought and read The Book Of Awesome and when I was done I passed it on to Kati Stumph who I recruited to become a member. I found the book interesting because sometimes we secretly are glad for something, like being first in line at a buffet or something, but wouldn’t ever admit it. The book brought some of those funny little things to light. Every day I was able to find something to be thankful for, and when it wasn’t an especially good day if I thought long enough there was always something to put down. This really helps to keep things in perspective and change our midset to look for the good instead of the negative.

I did this badge at the same time as the relaxation badge because I feel they go hand in hand. Our perspective and perception is everything. One particular day it was stressful and the sun never came out. It was a dreary cold day with a gray sky. On my way home from work the sun peaked out. Our leaves here are all changed but the sunset was orange and where it hit the trees the leaves became brilliant, almost neon. The colors were beautiful! That is what I was thankful for that day. Thank goodness I was looking for it and not focusing on the dull dreariness! I plan on continuing the journaling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Susan Roby (#5505) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I have begun a Community Service Journal. It helps when we need to fill out a monthly report to send to state headquarters. The three organizations I considered are Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul, and Fish.

I chose the Salvation Army. It is run out of the church I attend and is all-volunteer and free. I spend eighteen hours per week volunteering. My job is to answer the phone and returning messages. People regularly cannot pay their utility bills, their mortgage payments or rent, and cannot afford medication. It is my job to grant vouchers for all or part of the money needed. There are times when we need to find shelter for homeless people, such as with the man who started walking from north of San Francisco and is attempting to walk to Maine and then return to California, all in the name of Jesus. So many people in our town do not even realize there are homeless people in the area and are glad to help.

Many people, including some who we have helped, do bring in donations. Some bring in monetary donations, all of which is a huge help!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:21:21 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Self-Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“Every year I can what I have of "left-overs" of veggies & fruits into something good to eat. Also easy to use! This year, I made spaghetti sauce using tomatoes, peppers, celery, onions & garlic from the garden. There were still more tomatoes, so made a batch of tomato soup & canned it. I also canned mock mincemeat pie filling instead of apple pie filling, using green tomatoes, apples, raisins & spices. My family loves this! I also made sweet pickles & dill pickles.

Well, I filled the pantry, cleaned up the garden, and am ready for busy days that are sure to come our way. My husband is always happy to come into the house to the smell of something ready to eat!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Cheesemaking Merit Badge!

“I've been making yogurt for 35 years. But I have now a new challenge, with my allergy to cow's milk. So I make it now with soy milk & cultures. I learned to start with room temp soy milk. I still mix it the safe way. Then I put the bowl into another bowl that has an old heating pad in it, with the setting on low, and leaving it overnight.

It is smooth & creamy & delicious. And since I can eat it & love yogurt, I'm very pleased to make this work for me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Grow Where You're Planted Merit Badge!

“I walked around our property collected 5 native plants. I then brought them in and pressed them. I mounted them onto acid-free paper. I then looked them up & wrote down where I got them & how they help the ecosystem. I also found a trillium on our woodrow--a rare find in this area! I took a picture of it & am making cards for others to enjoy as well!

The flowers are black-eyed susans, Queen Anne's lace, purple knapweed, butter & eggs, common cinquefoil. It was fun to watch the butterflies, bees and moths. Knapweed is really something I never thought was important but it is special for them. It has lots of pollen for them. As for the trillium, I am hoping they will come back next year, so I can take more pictures.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  4:37:36 PM  Show Profile
Megan McIntyre (#5220) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“Beginner Level

-I Read Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds by Tara Frey – Check!
-Choose your topic. Pick something you are passionate about. Check! Ramblings and Creations : coop to craft. hive to home.

Intermediate Level

-Start your blog. Find a blogging host that works for you, or host your own. Started Sunday September 9, 2012
-Pick out a name, and publish your first post. Odds & Hens (after an exhaustive week of word play), next blog idea "Ravenous Me"….
-Don't forget to add your blog to MaryJanesFarm's GirlGab.com. Done!

Expert Level

-Learn how to add pictures and customize your blog. Complete, nearly every post! My most recent customization is the Book Review Library
-Publish at least 10 posts along with photos. Now up to more than 170 posts and several photo galleries
-Network! Create a blogging circle by visiting other blogs, writing comments, and leaving your blog's address so they can visit you, also. Remember, building a blog and finding readers takes time. Be patient and have fun. Started but will never complete! I also attended a local blogger's summer camp so I didn't get so lost in the virtual nature of blogging.

I have loved the experience of blogging. Learning about myself, being a better person, tapping into my skills and entertaining people. I plan to keep on blogging and gaining followers and traffic. Where this will take me? No body knows but if this became a bigger part of my life than it already is, that is ok with me! I keep reading articles about SEO and other blog management topics. Have employed some of them and seen results. My first guest blog opportunity is coming up in the next several months.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  4:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Sylvia Jacobus (CissiK, #5389) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I read the book: Blogging for Bliss. Thoroughly enjoyed it and loved the gorgeous blogs featured some of which I have found and subscribed to.
This badge requirements have forced me to single out a purpose. I realized I love to share what I make, either in the kitchen, with a sewing machine or a needle. I love to make things.

So the cameras have come out of hiding and I'll be more concerned with the message I'm putting out there. I will pay more attention to showing what I make and how to do it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  4:45:45 PM  Show Profile
Sylvia Jacobus (CissiK, #5389) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“My blog is vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com. I have added it to my signature and your blog list.

I have received a lot of hits and I 'm so happy to see them. I will be adding more photos and more how-tos in the near future. Life keeps getting in the way of all the fun!

Though I've had a blog for awhile, it truly didn't have much of a purpose. I now want to share what I make and its process.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  4:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Susan Roby (#5055) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I chose the Spanish language and culture to learn about because there are several Spanish-speaking children in the school system where I am a substitute and former full-time teacher. I took some Spanish language language lessons and then tried speaking with some of the Spanish-speaking students. Since most of them were using "street Spanish" it took some time for me to understand what "we were talking about"! Also, when I was teaching full-time the classes celebrated the Spanish New Year....what fun!

The Spanish-speaking students laugh at my efforts some of the time but they do help me out...unless they don't want me to know what they are saying!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I am very blessed to volunteer at our Bible camp 75 miles away. This camp has a wrangler program. This summer I was able to go on the Pack-n-Trail with some of the horses & girls. I got to meet the horses & even help with them over the week. My favorite was Shadow who is part quarter horse & standard bred. He was so lovable & easy to be around. I really liked the way he was easy to care for.

I was happy to be there to help, even though I was there as the nurse. I ended up helping the girls with some grooming, feeding & watering. I learned that horses though beautiful are a lot of work.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I bought the book, "Horses for Dummies" to get a general idea of horses. Then I did some more research on the Standard bred horse because of Shadow from camp. I also read & checked out "The Soul of a Horse."

The Standard bred have a natural ability to move at great speeds without galloping. Some are trotters and some are pacers, and some can gallop. It is closely related to the Thoroughbred. The Standard bred is more muscular. They have rather large heads and powerful thighs. They are usually measure around 15 to 16 hands. In "The Soul of a Horse" I felt my own soul lift & ride. I loved the website.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I've had an herb garden for a few years now. In it I have chives, oregano, mint, and lavender. I used them fresh & then dried them for use all winter. I also potted a sage plant & brought it indoors for fresh winter use on pork & venison dishes.

The herbs needed some cleaning out which I did this spring. I gave diggings to friends that wanted them. They grew much better this year. I love to walk by the garden, which is along the east side of the house, to smell their freshness. I planted the lavender under our bedroom window so I can smell it every day. Oh, how happy that makes me. I also made lavender massage oil to use.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:22:55 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Glamping Merit Badge!

“I started out by finding all sorts of things for glamping in my home. I found a basket to put some tea things into for traveling, doilies & small table. Then I went to an auction where I purchased more doilies, tea kettle, dishes. Then I went on the Pack-n-Trail as the nurse with our wranglers from Bible camp for a week of "roughing it" in a tent. While there I decorated for comfort! I posted on FARMGIRL CONNECTION some info & pictures.

I really have always loved to camp. Adding the glamp to camping is an added luxury that is fun & great!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Glamping Merit Badge!

“I read "Glamping with MaryJane" as soon as my copy came! What are dreams made of--glampers & glamping! I invited my grandgirls to an overnight stay in my glamper that is parked on the back part of our property. We dressed up, had a tea party, blew bubbles, went for a nature walk, and enjoyed the day and night! I made cucumber sandwiches, carrots & celery sticks, berries & chocolate cake for dessert. Our tea was Arnold Palmer tea--half iced tea with half lemonade. I gave them each a recipe card to take home to IN.

The tea party was a great success. We all love to dress up & have some fun. The grandgirls even dressed their dolls & brought them to the party. I love to watch their eyes as they checkout the whole thing. Their love of the outdoors is refreshing for me to watch in them! We spent the night in the glamper, with a thunderstorm. The youngest one is 5 and all she asked was "Is it safe to be in here, Moosey?" When I told her "yes", she promptly rolled to her other side & went back to sleep until the morning. I am so glad that I could share my love of glamping with the girls. They still talk about it with me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:37:17 PM  Show Profile
Megan McIntyre (#5220) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I have raised hens in my Seattle backyard for 4 years, currently mother hen to 7 chickens, and raised 4 chicks this year. The breeds I have range all over (Copper Mara, Autralorp, Silkie, Americana, Wyandotte, etc...) and eggs are shades of brown, blue, or green.

My hens get lots of our kitchen scraps, cabbage, fruit from our trees, and organic layer pellets.

I couldn't be happier. We haven't bought eggs in a long time and I take every opportunity to educate people about urban chickens, why they should buy fresh eggs, why owning chickens isn't hard. They are a gate way animal, leading me to bees and now dreams of mini-pony, goats, rabbits - oh my!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Megan McIntyre (#5220) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Quilting Merit Badge!

“Beginner Level
1. If you don’t know how to quilt, learn. Have been quilting since I was a teenager.

2. Pick a simple pattern like a doll-sized quilt that will help you learn the basics, even just sewing squares together. Check! I still love simple designs, despite more advanced skill level.

3. Learn how to add a backing and batting and do simple quilting stitches to hold everything in place. Check! I am able to quilt on my home machine pretty swiftly and have played around with hand quilting and quilt tying

3. Finish your quilting project. There is a three-hour minimum time investment required. Yup! Did this- will always have WIP, PHDs etc but my pile of completed projects is pretty high

Intermediate Level

1. Continue on your quilting journey, but step up the pace by picking a harder project this time. Try new patterns that tax your sewing ability and push you to new limits. Yup, pinwheels, suffolk puffs, paperpiecing and about 30 squares by hand out of the Farmers Wife book.

2. Start and finish a new quilting project of intermediate status. There is a 20-hour minimum time investment required. Check!

Quilt in the company of a friend for a total of five hours. I have the honor of being part of a local quilting/knitting group that comes with at least annual quilting get aways. I also have a dear girlfriend that likes to spend some cozy winter afternoons sewing. I also sew with my mother when we are home over the holidays.

I am always learning new skills and tricks. I have been quilting for about 20 years now, with greater intensity in the past. I sell quilts in my etsy store and have done some pretty big custom orders, that I blog about at oddsandhens.wordpress.com. I love using vintage/heritage quilt patterns and playing with proportions and fabrics to make them more modern. I also really like the challenge of sewing with scraps and making up quick patterns.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  4:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Megan McIntyre (#5220) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I love buttons! I keep the bright ones color sorted and a large jar full of metal, blacks, browns and miscellaneous. I love to repurpose them, buy vintage lots as antique stores, make fabric covered buttons and find thrift shop items just for buttons

I incorporated them into a recent scrap necklace and also use for embellishing some holiday cards.
I love my button collection. You never know when you might need 1 or 9 (just redid the buttons on a sweater that had one go missing). They make the perfect embellishments for flowers, cards, corsages etc. i put in two blog posts with button evidence!

http://oddsandhens.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/scrap-bead-necklace-diy/

http://oddsandhens.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/holiday-card-diy/

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Emily Rose Yost (emilyrosebud, #5070) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I researched how much it cost to add recycling service at our home, and found out that the price was minimal. We received a big bin as big as our trash bin. I also started using the magazine/newspaper and aluminum can recycling bins by my daughter's school. I took all of my empty printer cartridges to the recycling center.

It turned out great! We are recycling more than throwing in the trash now!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  3:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Emily Rose Yost (emilyrosebud, #5070) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We continued using our recycling bin, as well as recycling electronics, magazines, newspapers, school papers, old notebooks, bills, etc. We also started composting and making a conscious effort to be less wasteful with our food. We no longer put any paper, plastic, aluminum, glass, cardboard, or biodegradable food product in the trash.

We have soooooo much less trash each week! In fact, some weeks we don't even need to take our trash bin to the corner....just our recycling bin!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  3:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Emily Rose Yost (emilyrosebud, #5070) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Get 'er Done Merit Badge!

“I established a sub-group within our Chapter called the "Get 'er Done Team." Our main purpose was to make ourselves available to any fellow Farmgirl sisters and their families in time of need, or anyone they suggest could use our help. The team consists of 4 very active members. We established on 6/9 and in three months have done many projects, including baking casseroles for two families that had just experienced a loss. We have also helped to collect over 50 blankets for the homeless, and VAN-FULLs of clothing, toiletries, and household necessities for the Women's Crisis Shelter.

Extremely rewarding and inspiring. I'm constantly imaging projects we can take on, and people we can help! Especially each other and our Farm Families!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  3:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Emily Rose Yost (emilyrosebud, #5070) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Build it Green Merit Badge!

“I scoured Pinterest for Green Design ideas. I focused on ways to recycle, re - purpose and re-use. I found tons of DIY pins about making light fixtures our of mason jars, planters out of everyday objects, etc. I decided to go through my house and garage and gather up items that were broken, unused, "ugly," or empty. I then re-purposed several of the items into vases and planters for my home.

I loved re-purposing items, and using old, unused products to make decor for my home that is friendly on the environment! (and my wallet!)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  3:40:35 PM  Show Profile
Emily Rose Yost (emilyrosebud, #5070) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Build it Green Merit Badge!

“I shared the Pinterest board I'd created with ideas for green design with my Farmgirl Sisters. We got together for a meeting on 8/18/13 and pooled together our old "junk" and used the items to make planters. We used starts from plants from several Farmgirls' gardens, so everyone got something new too!

We had a blast doing this together and lots of us got great "hand-me-down" perennials!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page