Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  12:45:47 PM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for completing a Beginner Level "Families Forever" Merit Badge!

"Some badges are just plain tasty. Homemade potato chips, organic grocery shopping ...

Visiting Gramma Barbie in Florida this week gave me a fabulous chance to earn my Families Forever Badge. Not only was I going to be there (in Gramma’s posh retirement home—hellooooooo, pool boys), but Auntie Skipper and Auntie Kelly were visiting as well. It was the perfect chance for some good old-fashioned fun ...

Game Night!"

Earn a Beginner Level "Families Forever" Merit Badge with MBA Jane here: www.raisingjane.org/journal/15310

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:14:40 PM  Show Profile
Debbie Platt (GardenGirl50, #5353) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I have had Chickens for the last 11 years. I love the large breed chickens. In the past I have had Brahmas, Cochins and Wyandottes. Right now I have a flock of 2 Golden Sex Links, 2 Jersey Giants, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 French Moran, 1 Americana and 1 Japanese Phoenix. All female.

I love my Chickies! I feed them Organic Layer Crumble from a local feed store. I keep them in enclosed very large chicken pen. I live out in the country where we have lots of animals that would kill them. I bring them lots of goodies from my garden: bugs, weeds, vegetables that got to big (zucchini). I have not bought eggs in about 10 years! If I have to many then I take them to the local food bank. My Chickies give me so much enjoyment! The start date is not exact and the end date (I had to put today's) will never be.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Christensen (texdane, #1155) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I have been volunteering my time the last twenty-one years. During the last two decades, I’ve “adopted” a grandmother at a local nursing home, helped with various church activities, and was an active member of WIN (Women Involved in Newtown) the first several years I lived here. Once my daughter was born and started school, I became very active in volunteering in school and in Girl Scouts. It wasn’t until recently when I started a “Community Service Journal” that I realized how much time I do really devote to volunteering, and how good it feels to make a difference to others, something I really learned this year after experiencing the terrible events that rocked my town on December 14th, 2012.

To work towards the merit badge, I wrote down in my journal the three main areas of community service I am most passionate about: Girl Scouts and School, Animals in Need, and My Town/Community.

Every time I have volunteered my time, I have recorded an entry in my journal, listing what I did, how long I did it for, who was involved, how I felt and how the recipients of my service felt or seemed to feel. To earn the beginner badge, I helped chaperone several meetings, and manned three cookie booths, for a total of 18 hours of service. We sold a record amount of cookies for the troop, and in November on election day, we had our photo made with a Connecticut congressman which was printed in several papers!

It’s made me realize that making an effort to help others is very fulfilling.

Out of the three areas I wrote down, while my three passions seem to intertwine at times, I think much of my volunteering time was spent with the Girl Scouts. I was a Brownie and Girl Scout, and my mom was before me, and now my daughter. The troops in Newtown are very involved in our daughters' lives and enrich them with great activities. I feel this is very important since kids have so much pressure on them, and so many negative influences all around them.

One of the draws of joining the MaryJanesFarm Sisterhood four years ago was the thought that earning merit badges is “like Girl Scouts for Grownups”. If a girl stays in scouts, there are so many opportunities that can come her way from her experience, and scouts empowers girls. I love being with my daughter’s Girl Scout troop, as the moms that are part of the troop are all friends I’ve known for years, I get to know my daughter’s friends better, and my daughter and I share something else in our close bond.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level First Aid Merit Badge!

“This has been common practice for me for years. I believe in being prepared.

I have recently moved into a new home. We have placed fire alarms as per code in every bed room and main space 5 in total as well as an extra one has carbon monoxide alarms well. I have a one level home and a first aide kit in the the closet as well as a St. Johns first aid kit in my car. In the winter I travel a lot so I include a winter car survival kit, extra blankets and some food. Fire extinguishers are in the kitchen and we do not have a garage yet so there is not one in there.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level First Aid Merit Badge!

“I went to an in-service for school in April and re certified my CPR and First Aid level C.

I believe first aide training is essential to every citizen. You never know when or in what capacity you will need this training. You may help someone you know or a total stranger but in the end it is another human being requiring your help. You should be ready to give it! I have also given blood over 25 times. I give that for the same reason. You never know who will need it! When my Dad got diagnosed with cancer a little over 10 years ago, I also have been placed on a bone marrow registry.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“Since moving into the new house I have gotten rid of perhaps half of my former kitchen stuff, bought organizers for my cutlery from IKEA and new garbage cans that will get separators (Quadrants for recycling and garbage. I even have empty drawers!!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:37:54 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I had a garage sale and I also gave an entire set of dishes to my sister in law. I went from 4 sets of dishes to one Every day and one good set of china. I then donated the rest of my extra dishes etc to a charity.

I actually am starting to use my special dishes and feel like I can find everything a lot easier and a lot more efficiently. Even though it took HOURS it was worth it. I still have more to purge but so far it is totally worth it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:42:50 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Build it Green Merit Badge!

“Green decor is using environmental paint. Also cotton for curtains and natural wood blinds. Using wood and natural fibers for furniture and natural products. Energy efficiency and recyclability is a key for the products you buy and use. When we were building we made sure we did this.

The products that are good for the environment and for the you are long lasting things.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  4:59:07 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Public Service Merit Badge!

“I have voted in many elections. I am however a board member for a provincial board - Manitoba Physical Education Teacher's Association.

I have been on this board for 10 years and have been part of elections, policy making etc. I have been the journal editor, revamping it and making it more inviting for readers. I recently needed a change and became secretary, hopefully will become president in the future.

I am happy in what I have done with MPETA . I am not sure if all this work will qualify for this badge. Please let me know.

I am not finished with MPETA by any means but I will give the end date as today.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Christensen (texdane, #1155) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“To work towards the Intermediate Community Service Badge, I continued to volunteer my time with Girl Scouts, and in my community. To do this, one event I organized was a farm trip for my daughter’s troop, to visit my friend AJ’s local llama farm and therapy llamas.

I picked up the girls at school on a half day in January with my friend Nancy who is one of the leaders. We drove to AJ’s and there we learned about llamas, what it takes to take care of them, and taught the girls to walk the llamas on a lead. I photographed each girl walking her llama as a keepsake of the day.

It was a great day (total time 4 hours), and the girls earned a Llama Tour patch! This occurred in January. As well as helping and chaperoning when needed for scouts, in the spring, I hostessed an evening (total time 4 hours) where the troop and their moms came to my house where I gave a presentation on organic gardening and being green. I explained the difference between GMO seeds and Heirloom and Organic seeds, and how to fight pests organically. Then we used recycled containers like yogurt cups and egg cartons, and started seeds using organic and heirloom seeds.

The scouts liked the idea so much that we did another meeting where we made seed starting cups from newspaper (total time 3 hours), and collected seeds to do a booth at Newtown Earth Day celebration (total time 9 hours). There we gave showed visitors to our booth how to plant seeds and be green. Here is where my community service intertwined. I was also asked to host a knitting booth, sponsored by the organization “Transition Newtown”, where I would teach visitors how to knit (or be introduced to knitting as a green form of entertainment).

I created a pattern for a bookmark made from organic cotton that would be quick for me to cast on, easy to teach the garter stitch to novices, and would be able to be finished in a small amount of time. Since I can’t be two places at once, the Earth Day committee put the scout troop booth and my knitting booth together, so that I could help and watch the troop and scouts, and teach knitting to those that wanted to visit my booth. It was an exciting, exhausting, and fulfilling day.

Volunteering my time in these ways turned out wonderful. My daughter loves me being involved in her troop, and it has inspired me to step forward and be her troop’s leader with my friend Nancy, as the other leader has had to drop being leader.

After the knitting booth, I had a mom contact me and have been teaching her daughter how to knit this summer, as she was so excited to try knitting at my booth, and she is really bitten by the knitting bug.

I am looking forward to being a Girl Scout leader, though it is a huge commitment, especially now that our daughters are Cadettes. I just spent two hours this week meeting with my co-leader planning events and meetings. It should be an exciting year.I continue to journal in my Community Service Journal, and it really inspires me to continue to do more.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:05:47 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Christensen (texdane, #1155) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“For the Expert portion of the badge, I continue to work with the Girl Scouts, working towards being a leader. This week, I’ve spent several hours with my co-leader planning what we will be doing with the girls, and our goals. I’ve also attended a meeting for “Transition Newtown” which is an organization to aid our town to be more green and Earth Friendly, and will be volunteering my time to help weed the Transition Newtown garden row at the town’s Victory Garden.

After the events that transpired in my town on December 14th last year, I learned first hand how much it truly means when others reach out to help. It has also redefined my idea of the meaning of the word “Community”, expanding it to mean the world around me as well.

When the tornadoes happened in Oklahoma, my daughter and I checked a friend’s Facebook page who lives there to see if she was okay. She had posted many posts of lost pets and a few of those reunited with their animals. All of our pets are rescue animals and are truly members of the family. My daughter wanted to do something to help the families and their pets in Moore, Oklahoma and the surrounding area, so we formed ‘Audrey’s Furry Friends.' To help her with this task, I made phone calls to find a truck going with supplies to Oklahoma. This was a difficult task to find as the drive down is a long one.

Then I helped my daughter create an email address, flyer and donation boxes and drove to the local pet supplies store and Parks and Rec office to set up drop off boxes. We also offered to pick up supplies to make it convenient to donate, so everyday for several weeks, I drove my daughter various places to pick up supplies. We were interviewed by our local paper, and I helped email and Facebook the info to get the word out. After a few weeks, we picked up all the supplies, and I helped organize them. We collected a whole trunk full of dog and cat food, litter, treats, leashes and toys! Then we loaded up the supplies, and drove two hours each way to drop the supplies off to be driven to Oklahoma. I was so proud of my daughter for her efforts and idea, and really glad to know that our efforts would help families and their pets. (I also blogged about the experience on the Suburban Farmgirl blog here: http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/default.asp?Display=108).

It was a lot of effort and time to organize and complete our goals, but I couldn’t be more proud and happy to do work with my daughter. Our goal is to try to do more drives and keep Audrey’s Furry Friends going. When planning with my girl scout leader, the co-leader suggested our troop help with another pet drive in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Cynthia Graziani (CindyG, #4735) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“This over-the-top fabric combo was chosen on purpose - it is MJB's "Glamping" fabric with perfectly matched but pretty busy patterns from another line. The staff at a local quilt shop helped me find mates for the base fabric with the understanding that I wanted something FUN.

I found a design incorporating ruffles, as suggested by the requirements for the Intermediate level of this badge. It took a few tries to get the ruffled piece done freehand to match the length of the curved base of the apron, and the second one I made was much easier than the first.

This apron is lined, which I really like because it gives the piece body. I love this apron's fabulous flirty design and very fun fabric. The lining is great, and the pocket is a good size to make it actually useful.

I made two - one to give away to a friend.

While I did not wear it to a friend's house, I did wear it to church for a project where we assembled simple meals to be distributed to local families living in hotels. The one I made for a friend was shared at this event, so we were some vividly dressed twins!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:19:43 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Peabody (katnip05, #2763) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I have been saving buttons since I learned to sew when I was a child. I keep all my buttons in a great old jar just like my mom always has.

I always have buttons handy when I need them, whether for a sewing project or a scrapbook layout. And my kids enjoy studying the different range of colors and textures and sorting them just like I did as a little girl!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Peabody (katnip05, #2763) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Glamping Merit Badge!

“I gathered up a beautiful but worn comforter, a few rugs, a side table, and Christmas lights from my house. I went to some garage sales and picked up another rug and a beautiful patchwork quilt. We set up our tent in the backyard and glammed it up!

My son camped out with me and we had a great time! Snuggling under warm quilts is far better than a sleeping bag and my kiddo loved the way the Christmas lights made the yard glow!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Brenda Davis (brendakay, #5255) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have over 6 reusable bags,including one that you can fold up, freeze overnight and then take with you to put in all the items that need to be kept chilled. Love it...

I have to put the bags by the back door to remember to put them back in the car. I also hope to alleviate the problem of not taking a bag with me when going shopping by putting a note on the dash to "Remember Bags." to keep them on my mind.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Colleen Sutcliffe (#5226) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Level Farmgirl Spirit Merit Badge!

“I hosted a farm girl party and invited lots of ladies to experience the farm girl sisterhood hospitality.

Baked a pie and brought coffee for a new neighbor and offered a list of important community names and numbers.

Attended a local arts fair and handed out information about our local chapter and the kinds of things we're doing together.

The party was great! All of the ladies had a great time getting to know one another and finding that there are more people like them in the community.

People were really interested in learning about Farmgirl and what kinds of things we've been up to. I have found that the Farmgirl spirit is infectious!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:47:44 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Peabody (katnip05, #2763) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“When my grandmother passed away all of her cookbooks were thrown into a box. I sorted through them, typed up our family favorites, and saved them on a disc. Over the years I've added recipes from my mom, my sisters, and myself to my collection.

I love having all of Grandma's recipes. When I am really missing her it is so nice to be able to whip up a batch of cookies or a black bottom pie and bring back so many good memories.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Peabody (katnip05, #2763) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I printed off all of the recipes I typed from my Grandmother and my mom's sections and put them in a 3-ring binder. I made 3 additional cookbooks for each of my 3 sisters and gave them as Christmas gifts.

My sisters were all thrilled to have their own copies of the family recipes & it's so convenient to have everything gathered in one place.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Cynthia Graziani (CindyG, #4735) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I took everything out of the "container drawer" in the kitchen, and this is not really a drawer but a slide out shelf that I don't dare slide out for fear of the plastic lid avalanche that usually happens.

The avalanche was my first clue it was time to do something about the situation, but I ignored it for quite a while.

So everything came out and nothing went back in unless it was in good shape AND had a lid.

The result is a bit hilarious. I couldn't cause an avalanche of lids now if I tried really hard because hardly anything went back in after inspection. I had lids that I can't even remember what they fit, let alone find whatever they fit.

Over twenty pieces of stuff went to the recycle bin! I will be replacing those yucky plastic leftover containers with glass ones very soon. I have the room!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:59:17 PM  Show Profile
Sharon McClaskey (#5210) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I made an apron from Butterick 6567 yesterday. I had a vintage piece of large floral that made a delightful apron.

I danced around the kitchen last night and felt like Lucy! I don't have the capability to send a pic by computer. I can text by phone if I you give me a number.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  3:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Christensen (Texdane, #1155) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“For my gardening season 2012, several friends gave me heirloom plants, including different varieties of tomatoes, herbs, and flowers. I read the book, Gardening with Heirloom Seeds, by Lynn Coulter, and was introduced to several heirloom seed catalogs by my dad’s wife Karen and my friend Valerie. I marveled how beautiful the heirloom plants were growing in my garden, and wondered how many people before me had the same beautiful plants. (Prior to these heirloom varieties, my seeds have been organic in the veggie bed).

I really loved the different varieties of plants and herbs, some very different from your “day to day” varieties. For instance, I love the different breeds of basil, such as lemon basil, and have played with recipes and in my cooking, trying the varieties and marveling in the different flavors I couldn't wait to plan my garden for 2013, and was overjoyed to get new heirloom catalogs in the mail starting in December.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  3:49:17 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Christensen (Texdane, #1155) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“Seed saving always seemed like it would be difficult before, but I was very inspired by some of the beautiful heirloom varieties of plants I was given by some good friends, including some farm sisiters! At the end of the season 2012, I learned how to save seeds, using seedsavers.org as a guide.

I saved several heirloom seed varieties including lettuce, lemon basil, as well as some flower seeds. The most difficult seed I think to save was lettuce, as the seed are so small and delicate. I let my lettuce pot go to seed before the weather got too cold, and hung the flowers to dry over a paper bag. I then extracted the little seeds and let them dry before storing. I also printed up adorable homemade seed packets from a pdf from a magazine, which served as cute “tuck ins” for gifts at Christmas and Easter.

Saving seeds made me so proud. To see those little seedlings pop up in the spring after a long winter was especially thrilling, knowing that my efforts to save them worked! When my basil plant died because I forgot to water it more often sitting next to the heater, I was able to grow it again from the seed, and my lettuce seeds planted in this season did better than the ones I bought from a store! It has also been special to hear friends say their flowers from seeds I gave them are blooming and they are thinking of me!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Christensen (Texdane, #1155) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Heirlooms Forever Merit Badge!

“For this year’s (2013) garden, I planted heirloom seeds in the vegetable bed, seeds I ordered in February from the mail order catalog Baker Creek seeds. It was exciting to get that envelope in the mail in the middle of winter, with the promise of summer warmth and digging in the earth again, despite snow and cold temperatures.

I started my seeds indoors, and I used all recycled containers to start my seeds in (containers like egg cartons and yogurt cartons). This inspired my daughter’s Girl Scout troop. I hostessed the troop to my house showing the girls how almost any container can be reused to start seeds in, explaining what Heirloom seeds are, why it is important to garden and do so organically. This presentation inspired the troop to have a booth at Earth day, and the girls made recycled seed starters. One friend of mine that attended the troop meeting at my house had never gardened before, and was so inspired she now has a big, beautiful veggie garden!

In late spring, when the weather turned nice and warm, my family and I visited Comstock-Ferre, New England’s oldest heirloom seed company. I picked up a few more seed packets. (Even the outside of the packets are beautiful, I could see them used in decoupage)! I shared my experience with my farmgirl sisterhood chapter friends, how it is such a nice day trip and the Comstock Ferre store is so cute and vintage, at a one of our get-togethers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Carol Johnson (carolj, #1823) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I set the goal in May to be physically active for 30 minutes per day for five days a week.

The problem with this goal was being so specific about the number of days each week, and I had many false starts. The hardest time to meet this was when I was spending time at my mother's house.

What made me able to keep this goal was finding two friends at the opposite end of my road to walk with most mornings. Our three-mile walk takes about 45 minutes to complete. I also have added yoga and pilates moves almost daily.

The best result is increased energy. My posture has improved and have a general sense of good health.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  4:07:13 PM  Show Profile
Kari Workman (kari22, #4322) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“Curbside recycling is available to us. We recently moved and I have been looking at ways to recycle some things we no longer need, such as two twin mattresses and other things that Goodwill will not take.

I feel good that these things are not ending up in the landfill!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page