Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  4:51:24 PM  Show Profile
Jacqueline Ferrir (Jacki Ferri, #1664) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“Our town has collected recyclables since the early 1990’s. I’ve been recycling since then. Recently our town has instituted single stream recycling. I can put in more things such as nearly all plastic items including flower pots, laundry baskets, plastic toys, magazines, phone books, newspaper, cartons, cans, glass bottles and jars etc. Since the town recycles more things, I’ve gotten a large trash can with the recycling logo on it. I also collect vegetable and fruit scraps for my compost bins. So we have much less garbage.

I also redeem bottles and cans at the supermarket. The supermarkets also collect plastics #2 and #4 in the bins by the entrances. I looked online to find out what plastics can go in these bins beside grocery bags, which I rarely use. I found out that bread bags, plastic wrap that cover paper towels, napkins, tissue boxes, diapers, water bottles etc. can go in here. If a #2 or 4 is stamped on the plastic, I put all of this at the collection bins in the supermarket.

What can’t go in the garbage or recycling bins such as broken appliances, I bring those to our transfer station. At the transfer station there is also stationed a Goodwill trailer. I bring donations there too. I don’t like waste and I also repurpose items such as plastic containers for storage.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  4:59:29 PM  Show Profile
Judy Torola (#599) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I wear an apron every time I'm in the kitchen, and I'm actually starting to wear my apron more and more. I hang my clothes out on the clothesline and when I saw the Clothespin Apron in MaryJanes Ideabook I knew I just had to make it. I had chicken fabric in my stash and I knew that would be the perfect fabric for this project. It took me an hour and 10 minutes from start to finish.

I think it turned out great and I can't wait to use it.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  5:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Carol Johnson (carolj, #1823) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“To earn this badge, I made a button bracelet and wore it all day shopping and running errands. I crocheted a band of white pearl cotton and sewed buttons to it alternating and overlapping 1/4-inch red buttons with buttons that held special meaning to me or were of shapes and designs other than round. These included an orange, dome-shaped button from the 1970's, two heart-shaped buttons, a flower-shaped button, and one very special button among others.

I enjoyed making and wearing the bracelet. I was especially gratified when my husband remembered that special button from a flannel nightshirt I made for him the first Christmas we were married (1980). It had "I love you" written on it.

I didn't receive any comments, but I like my creation very much and will wear it again. I will probably also use more of my button stash (separate from my collection) in other projects.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  2:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca Riccio (ladybek9756, #4932) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have read the book "Blogging for Bliss: by Tara Frey. The topic I have chosen is the path from a city slicker to being a real Farmgirl.

The book was very insightful and I love the many examples it showed. The hardest part was choosing the topic. Since I live in the city but my true hearts desire is to own my own farm, I picked that topic so that my readers could follow along on my journey from the city life to a life in the country and all the trials/rewards along the way.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  2:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca Riccio (ladybek9756, #4932) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I made a half apron to give away in a swap for a farmgirl.

The apron was a plain pattern however, I glamped it up with glamping fabric and contrast v at the waist and pockets which I sewed a decorated lace and pearl design on. It came out really pretty and the Farmgirl who received it said that she did not have an apron and this was too pretty to wear but she would.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  2:42:45 PM  Show Profile
Denise Dugan (#5001) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have numerous (more than 6) reusable bags, but I have struggled to actually get them to the store. I have now started hanging them on my rolling island in my kitchen so they are in sight and easier to remember.

Having them in the kitchen is working 100%. I never forget them now, and there is the added benefit of there not being bugs or spiders in them like there used to be when I stored them in the garage.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Denise Dugan (#5001) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I have an extensive sewing "kit". I have a wide variety of sewing supplies. I have at least 2 homemade pin cushions. Sewing is one of my passions, and I thoroughly enjoy sewing many things for myself, others, and my home.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  2:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Denise Dugan (#5001) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I have had extensive experience is sewing seams of all types, including French and flat felled in my time sewing. I have made heirloom children's clothing (French seams) and made denim jackets (flat felled). I can also sew a seam by hand-though that is not usually my choice for most seams as it is in not as sturdy a seam.

I have had many successes and many failures in my sewing over the years. Last weekend I was happy to have mailed off a lap quilt to my son's girlfriend's mother for her to use during her chemo.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  2:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Denise Dugan (#5001) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I am lucky to live in a city with a long-standing, active program. We have had a free, curbside recycling program for 15 years. There are also numerous drop off locations in our city. The city also provides free bags for collecting our recycling. I take advantage off all recycling resources in my city.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  3:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I spent a day researching birds native to my area and selected several I would like to see. I made a wish list that I hope I can attach here with photos of the birds I would like to see and some of the information I learned about them through my research.

I really enjoyed learning about the birds. I didn't realize that a lot of birds look different while they are mating. I particularly enjoyed reading about the sage grouse mating rituals, called strutting. I bet this is where the term "Strutting one's stuff" came from! Owls are my favorite animal and it was challenging for me to not make an entire wish list of owls, of course I had to include one though!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  4:58:49 PM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for completing a beginner Level "Icing on the Cake" Merit Badge!

"Some badges are just plain tasty. Homemade potato chips, organic grocery shopping ...

Did someone say “icing on the cake?” Count me in, and quickly!

Decorating cakes just happens to be my specialty; after all, I have Seasons One and Two of Ace of Cakes on dvd, and I’m not ashamed to say I have a cake decorating game loaded on my Blackberry. So, when it came to this badge, chickies, let’s just say ..."

Earn a beginner level "Icing on the Cake" Merit Badge with MBA Jane here: www.RaisingJane.org/journal/14713

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  4:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Alicia Winkler (DandeeRose, #5232) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I use up to 8 reusable shopping bags! It's wonderful having all that plastic!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  4:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Alicia Winkler (DandeeRose, #5232) has received a certificate of achievement in Each other for earning a Beginner Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“I was born in Evansville, Indiana. About an hour away is a state park area with a Lincoln Memorial and boyhood home. It was so neat to watch how people in our area lived nearly 200 years ago. We even bought some chickens while there!

The visit made me and my family long for a more simple time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  4:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Alicia Winkler (DandeeRose, #5232) has received a certificate of achievement in Each other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I actually started blogging in 2011, but I am still quite the novice! Still learning! The book is helpful with ideas!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  4:45:53 PM  Show Profile
Alicia Winkler (DandeeRose, #5232) has received a certificate of achievement in Each other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“Here is my blog!! http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/ I enjoy it and will keep it up, hopefully more often!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  4:48:49 PM  Show Profile
Alicia Winkler (DandeeRose, #5232) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I live kind of far out, so I have to take things in. Right now we only have one extra container for the glass (we use a LOT of glass and avoid plastic packaging). I can recycle far more, when I have space. Things like papers get recycled as art mats for the kids or compost.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  4:29:38 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Boyd (NancyOH1, #2508) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“Starting on April 1, 2013 I began walking the Button Bush Trail at Blacklick State Park in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. It is a 1/2 mile trail through swamp land which is next to the Nature Center. This is just one of many trails/exercise paths that the park has at various lengths. Knowing I needed to work on getting healthier, reducing stress, and with encouragement from various medical professionals this trail seemed the perfect place to start a new goal of exercising.

So far I have kept off 10 lbs. previously lost, my blood pressure has come down, and several of my blood test levels have gotten better. Not only am I getting out and starting a new exercise program, I am feeling better on many different levels, and my doctor is impressed with my latest blood test results and weight loss. The plan is to keep on walking on the 1/2 mile trail with aspirations of being able to go longer distances in the future.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  4:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by picking a new word from the dictionary every day, writing it done with it use. I tried using it in my daily routine. I learned many new words that I would never have thought of using.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  4:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I went through every drawer and cabinet and discarded all odd lids and the bowls without lids are being used in feed barrels or in the garden. You never know what your going to find when you start cleaning out cabinets.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  4:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“My kitchen list of needed things includes a new whisk,some wooden spoons,and a spice rack.I went through my cookware and let my kids pick through what I didn't need. I now have much needed space and can find things a lot better now.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  4:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I earned this badge by watching my husband sharpen a knife using a whet stone then I sharpened the rest of my knives.They are really sharp I'd better stock up on band aids.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I recycle all my aluminum cans and use plastic jugs in my garden to cover plants to protect them from frost. I shred all black and white newsprint and junk mail and use in my compost bin and for weed control.

The jugs work unless the wind is strong and the paper works out great.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  5:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Norma Hart (njhart, #1661) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Disconnect to Reconnect Merit Badge!

“On May 17, 2013 I began to disconnect to Reconnect. During the following fifty hours, I enjoyed time in a number of ways that involved reading articles from magazines I had not made time for. I spent time sewing a new apron for a friend, sat several times on the veranda with a cup of coffee or iced drink reflecting on how blessed I am to have the home, family and friends. I do have and took time to write a few notes to them letting them know how special they are to me. I even put up some apricot jam.

I enjoyed this time so much, I have made a commitment to repeat this on the third weekend of each month the remainder of the year. I hope to spend more of this time each month reflecting on my blessings and how I may be able to bless others, and enjoying life itself.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Norma Hart (njhart, #1661) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I chose to try to learn cross stitch. I found a booklet that had a couple cross stitch patterns I wanted to try and do. I then made them into 6x6 inch little pillows.

I am pleased with the little pillows. For a finishing touch, I added seed beads where there are dots.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  5:36:13 PM  Show Profile
Norma Hart (njhart, #1661) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I printed each badge on muslin fabric. I then began by using only one thread of floss to work each badge as you would with red work. On the broken line I used bugle beads and for the badges were I had earned the Intermediate level I did a blanket stitch on the outside edge of the badge. I hope to add a line of embroidery in between the beads and blanket stitch as I earn the expert levels. Then cutting out the badges with a 1/4 inch turn. I took a muslin tote bag added a boxed pleat from some scrap fabric and then applied the badges by needle turn to the bag.

I think it came out very farmgirl with a little bling from the beads.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page