Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  2:33:18 PM  Show Profile
Beth Kirk (faransgirl, #572) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I started my button box when I moved into my first apartment. Until that time I had been using buttons from my Mom's button box. I have a peppermint tin that I got for Christmas that first year and turned it into my Button box. That was 36 years ago. There are now buttons from both my Mother's button box and my Grandmother's button box.

I love my button box and it has grown until now I actually have three tins that contain buttons because the first one got to full to hold them all."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:28:29 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Little Squirts badge!

"I have oiled every hinge in the cabin plus I have just oiled several sewing machines that were really old and trying to lock up and now they are doing great!

They work great now! Amazing what a little oil can do :)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:34:27 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge!

"I love to quilt! I have made several baby quilts and even king size quilts. I am currently working on a quilt for my youngest son. I finished his brothers when he graduated high school. I made one for my sons best friends new baby. He fishes with my son so I hand pieced a fish quilt for him.

They all turned out beautifully! I love to hand quilt over machine quilting. It is more relaxing to me."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I have made several sewing baskets. Several are in my antique booth right now. I also made several pin cushions. I love putting them together! It reminds me of an easter basket!

They turned out really cute! I will enclose a picture of my pincushions made from recycled clay pots and quilt scraps."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Self-sufficiency badge!

"I have made beef jerkey many times, dried all different types of fruit, dried sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ect. Taught family and friends how to grow it and how to preserve it.

They turned out great. I keep us fed all winter long on what I put up in the summer."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Tatting badge!

"My grandmother taught me to do tatting a long time ago. I do know how to double stitch, picot, ring, and chain. I use her shuttle, I made about 1 1/2 yards of tatting lace for pillowcases.

It turned out beautiful. I find tatting a little time consuming, but very beautiful."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Organic on a Budget badge!

"Received MJ Budget mix as a gift for Christmas, and loved it.
I usually always shop the perimeter of our suppermarket. We grow our own vegetables, and can them, we have our own meat and milk.

This life style works for us, as this is how we were raised. Taking care of ones self."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  09:27:46 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Make It! badge!

"I cleaned, oiled and organized my garden tools. I then hung them on a piece of plywood in my garden shed and made myself a wooden planter box for my chives.

I think it turned out wonderful, maybe now I wil be able to find what I need. And the planter box turned out really nice."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  09:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge!

"We had a Sunday afternoon, we played Clue, and Life, then our grade school granddaughters read aloud a short story each.

I believe we all enjoyed it very much. We will no doubt do it over and over after Sunday dinners."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  09:49:41 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge!

"I cleared out all old containers and extra lids and bottoms. Recyled all possible.

It's like a new area in my kitchen. Now to keep it that way."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge!

"I made 2 half aprons. One from a calico and one from a solid yellow. I gave the calico one to my daughter.

I think they turned out wonderful. I prefer a cover all jumper type apron with lots of pockets."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:19:43 AM  Show Profile
Jonnie Nottingham (mtngirljon, #648) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge!

"This is a small quilt that I used as a demo in a quilting class that I taught. It's about 24" x 24" and is hand and machine quilted. I used real leaves that I picked up on a walk in the creek bed near my home as templates for the quilted leaves.

I think it's beautiful and the hand quilting stitches are very well done."

This the hand quilting on the beginner quilt I submitted.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Jonnie Nottingham (mtngirljon, #648) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Quilting badge!

"This quilt was definitely a challenge. It is iron-on applique' and all the different-colored shapes are different pieces of fabric except the water which, thank goodness, was all one piece. It took hours and hours to cut all the shapes after I ironed the fabric onto the steam-a-seam. I made it for my son for Christmas and made a tiger face using the same technique for his girlfriend. It is machine quilted. I did the water following the shapes in the fabric with sparkly silver thread.

The quilt is beautiful. I did learn, though, that I never want to do this again LOL!! He loved it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Shopping Green badge!

"Recently I have made hand sanitizer, moisturing hand gel, and my own version of "Comet." The hand sanitizer and hand gel were made using aloe from the plant in my kitchen and the "Comet" is just Dr. Bronner's castille soap and baking soda. I also make my own toothpaste."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:58:46 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"Beginning December 6, 2009, I began consistently writing in my gratitude journal. It had been rather haphazard in frequency before that. Each night before bed, I wrote 5 things for which I am grateful and did not repeat anything during that month-long time period.

I want to continue with this ritual as it feels good."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Jessica Oakes (joakes1111, #910) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"Sew Wonderful is the first farm girl badge I have completed. It was a simple one, but since Mom and I had been working on the Apron badge I had all the materials.

I made the home made pin cushion to go on top of the mason jar that holds my thread, needles, buttons, scissors, and safety pins.

It's adorable! A cute little kit!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"I have written in a journal for a month now of what I am thankful for. It lifts me up and makes me realize what I have to be thankful for.

It is nice to go back and review, to see where you've been and where you're headed. It puts a picture of your life before you and makes you realize how much you have to be thankful for."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge!

"My husband and I read to each other very often. I really enjoy reading him articles from your magazine and he reads the bible to me.

We really enjoy listening to each other. It is very relaxing and it beats the socks off of TV!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:50:41 AM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Heirlooms Forever! badge!

"I enjoy planting heirloom seeds in my garden and saving seeds to replant the next year. I love when the seed magazines come out!

They always turn out lush, I love them!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:04:08 PM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level 3 R's Rule (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) badge!

"I have made special places to store my garden tools, hang them so they are up off the ground, and keep them sharpened and clean after I use them.

Lets just say I have garden tools that are older than I am...I am fixing to be the big 50 so that is what taking care of tools properly will get you!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Organic on a Budget badge!

"I do most of my own growing. I have my chickens for organic eggs, I grow my own vegetables organically and hence save a bundle from the grocery stores!

Wonderfully, once you eat the (good) stuff you don't want the grocery store stuff."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:19:33 PM  Show Profile
Nancy McClanahan (santa4u, #877) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge!

"I made what looked like a bunch of teepees in my garden. I needed to trim up my persimmon trees so I used the snipped branches, stuck them in the ground in a circle around my green bean mounds and tied them with twine.

They worked beautifully! Plus it really looked pretty and would you believe I grew some trees out of the branches I stuck in the ground! They sprouted leaves!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:39:26 PM  Show Profile
Shari Swartz (Sharikrsna, #607) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge!

"I started by knitting a straight scarf last year, then teaching my friend Rhonda how to make one. For my three hour minimum though, I am using the Super Easy Knitted Slippers. They actually took me three days in my spare time, and while I was sitting with my elderly patient.

The slippers turned out SO cute! I used an emerald green yarn in acrylic for sturdiness, and just tied the buttons on."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Shari Swartz (Sharikrsna, #607) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Knitting badge!

"I made a Prairie Shawl. I had just joined the Sisterhood, and was eager to start earning badges, so I started this project, not realizing I'd have to do a smaller project to earn my beginner badge. I knitted it in the company of my boyfriend and anyone else who came by, as I was obsessed and would not stop. It took me three weeks to complete.

It turned out so well that seasoned knitters commended my work. I used a llama fur and Peruvian wool blend, and circular needles, and yarnover increases to create a nice openwork edging."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  1:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Shari Swartz (Sharikrsna, #607) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge!

I made shilly shallys for myself, and several friends for Christmas. I used iron on patterns of southern belles, and embroidered a variety of stitches in many colors.

They turned out so beautiful that my friends cried when they opened them. They are afraid to use them, but I told them they'd better!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page