Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:13:52 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Conner (Montrose Girl, #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I reported on an influential person on the Southwest Henhouse forum. I have continued to learn more phrase in sign language and practice with my son. This has been an interesting journey that started years ago when I worked with a deaf lady. I learned a few phrases at that time to greet her and say goodbye. I was the only one in the office to do so. In the next few years I had forgotten most of those simple phrases, but know I am learning to teach and communicate with my son and remember some of what she showed me as I learn them anew. This has been great.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Conner (Montrose Girl, #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Plant it Forward Merit Badge!

“With a one year old I have been unable to volunteer at the food bank so we increased our donation above what was listed. Between the peaches and apples we've donated several thousand pounds of fruit this past year and I sent another box to the homeless shelter yesterday.

I love delivering the fruit. The workers are always very excited and I seem to come just as they run out. We try to time our donations after most others bring stuff in so the fruit will continue to be available. I take my son along, though he is still to young to know what I am doing, it will become a part of what he learns as he grows.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:23:43 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Conner (Montrose Girl, #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Safe Toys Badge!

“I made a handful of bean bags in various shapes and colors for my one year old. What a great way to teach him colors and shapes. He loves putting the circle on his head and then on mom's.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Conner (Montrose Girl, #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Greatest Generation Badge!

“I've spent 40 hours with my elders and posted on the Southwest HenHouse Forum my experience. It's been fun sharing her memories and including her as my son grows. Since she doesn't get out often, we are sometimes her only visitor and I like that my son will grow to know how to interact with others.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  3:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan (houligan19, #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“I grew a totally organic garden full of vegetables and I read Montrose. The garden did fairly well, but I learned a lot and have a lot of new ideas for this year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  4:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Kathleen Horton (#2695) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Bustin' Out Merit Badge!

“We joined the WolfPine Farms Pantry share and switched over to eating all our pantry items from organic local sources. Beans, flour, cornmeal, blueberry jam, oats, sunflower oil, pickles, tomato sauce, etc. There is enough food to last all winter and enough varieties to have a new organic food a week for two months.

It turned out so well that next year I plan to buy 3 pantry shares to last longer and give out as gifts to our friends and family. What a treat to eat organic all the time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  4:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson(FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“I borrowed the book, "“Secrets to Great Soil: A Grower’s Guide to Composting, Mulching, and Creating Healthy, Fertile Soil for your Lawn and Garden” by Elizabeth P. Stell, from our local library.

We do not have a master composter program in our area. I did teach a "class" to my older kids and husband, in regards to a better soil, and composting. We compost daily here, and compost goat/chicken manure as well. I also did some additional reading on composting our goat's manure (http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/manures/goat-manure-fertilizer.htm).”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  4:49:24 PM  Show Profile
Darla Armstrong (cowgirlup@21, #4391) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“This is a vanity I bought and refurbished. Right now I am creating a black and white bathroom. I picked the linoleum, a black and white marble pattern, then bought the vanity at McDirmiad Lumber for about 450.00. I then bought the paint, Benjamin Moore primer and ultra white for the body of the vanity. The metal black paint was used to cover the hardware. I compared a similar vanity recently at Menards. It was about 1800.00. I saved a a lot of money and got exactly what I wanted! I have purchased a black mirror and the toilet and tub are white. I will be putting up a black star and some black lettering and then a line of barker board tile in black and white tile.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  10:14:04 AM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level "Out There Women" Merit Badge!

To earn the first portion of my intermediate level “Out There” badge, I needed to cook a full meal over just a campfire. Here are a couple of different hobo dinner ideas: www.raisingjane.org/journal/11347

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  4:33:18 PM  Show Profile
Gracey Larson (Gracey, #3697) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“We just started raising our own flock of 12 chickens! We got them on Feb 12 (When this pic was taken) and since then they've been healthy and growing like crazy! We just love them! We have 6 Tetras, 2 Brahmas, and 4 Rhode island reds. My father has almost finished their coop and they'll officially be outside as soon as it's warm enough (since they're not yet full grown) and as soon as the coop is done.

Right now we're feeding them chick feed from the local farm shop but as soon as they go outside they'll be feeding on insects and natural things in the yard, we're going to let them in the compost, in the garden to scratch and eat all natural things and we'll be feeding them some kitchen scraps that they can have so it's going to be almost 100% organic in a couple of weeks.

So far all of the chicks are happy and healthy...we've learned so much about caring for them. I've done a lot of research and it sounds like they'll be laying late this summer. Yay! Organic, farm-fresh eggs!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  4:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Gracey Larson (Gracey, #3697) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“In the last few months my family has given up trash service. As a result of this we've started burning our own trash... however we recycle everything we possibly can as well as composting the natural food scraps. We found a local recycling center and we separate our trash into metal, glass, etc. and take what we can to the recycling center.

We no longer have to rely on the trash service and this is the first time we've really gotten into recycling as a family. It's fun, it's more self-sufficient and the glass and metal no longer just gets trashed.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Laurel Wise (#4875) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I collected more than six reusable bags for shopping and I have committed to using them when I go shopping. Sometimes I don't even use a bag if I am only buying one or two items. This is great! It is now a habit to bring my bags along.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:19:09 PM  Show Profile
Laurel Wise (#4875) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I researched ways I could clean my home without the aid of toxic cleaners. I Commit to using a product that I have found or have made for cleaning my home and laundry. I do not like the perfume/chemical smell of most toxic cleaners so I was happy to be rid of them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Laurel Wise (#4875) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I have put a list of what can/can't be recycled on my fridge and have made my self familiar with the list. Good. I now now what to recycle and have been recycling everything that can be recycled using our curbside pickup.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:28:45 PM  Show Profile
Laurel Wise (#4875) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I determine what I can put into recycling instead of the garbage, and I set up a recycling system for myself. I also found other ways to reuse things like glass and plastic jars. I did this for more than a week.

It turned out great. My husband and family loves being a part of the recycling team at our house. Trash goes in a white can, and recycled in a blue can, and veggie and fruit scraps in the compost bin.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Laurel Wise (#4875) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I chose to volunteer at my church teaching a class full of 1st graders. I donated over 10 hours of my time. This has been such a blessing. I love my class and they are so fun to work with and teach.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:36:54 PM  Show Profile
Laurel Wise (#4875) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“I continued working with my chosen organization I volunteered more than an additional 20 hours of volunteer work.

I talked with the volunteer director and the organizer (children's pastor) of my church. I learned more about what it takes to accept volunteers and how the organization makes the most of its donated time. The volunteer coordinator and pastor were great to talk to and of course the children that I volunteered with were wonderful.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  5:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (Kat-Nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I designed and embroidered seven dish towels for our RV. The timing of this worked out quite well as we just lost more than half of our towels to a rodent.

I was pretty happy with how they came out. It gave me a chance to be creative. I haven't drawn in while. I think the hardest part was getting what I drew to come across in thread. for example the woman in one of the towels was my hardest feat. I'm still not happy with her hat so may go back and add to that as the ideas come. On the whole I'm very proud of myself. My mom even said the towels were to fancy for camping and so I got to explain the glamping concept, lol. The idea marches on.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca Riccio (ladybek9756, #4932) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Stitching & Crafting Merit Badge!

“I have been crocheting for quite a few years. For this project I decided to design and make a crochet caddy to hold all my crochet hooks, scissors and tapestry needle in one place and be pretty enough to leave sitting out. For the colors I chose a variegated green with a yellow ruffle trim. I was surprised at how well the colors went together and it came out really pretty.

For the person I trained it was my husband. We have no children or family and he agreed. I am happy to say that he is on row three of a simple potholder.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Lyn Szabo (lszabo, #4905) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“This is just some of my cloth bags. I keep a variety of sizes because I don't always need large ones. I made two that are in the picture. They get used for lots of things. Shopping,emergency purses, carrying library books, holding mittens and gloves in the closet, shoes on vacation, my motorcycle helmet when I am not wearing it, carrying my kindle on car trips, sewing or bead projects, etc. If it will hold what I need, I use it.

I didn't realize just how many things I do with them until I started thinking about where and how I use them. My mom has quite a collection of them that I made for her. She is usually carrying one when we go shopping or to the library.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Lyn Szabo (lszabo, #4905) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I already have the laundry soap and hand soap made from these ingredients. The laundry soap is kept in this bucket and has to be stirred before using. I also have the recipe for dishwasher soap but I haven't made it yet. I am waiting to use up what we have. I also use baking soda and vinegar to clean.

The soaps turned out fine. The only difficult thing for me is shredding the bar soap. It is worth doing it though. There are recipes to make dry laundry and dishwasher soap that I have yet to try.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Kyla Hill (HoneysuckleHill3, #4640) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Spirit Merit Badge!

“January 19th I hosted a Farmgirl In the Kitchen party... I taught some ladies how to make Artisan Bread, Farmer's Cheese, and pizza dough. We made 14 loaves of bread, 1 bowl of cheese, and 2 pizzas. The pizzas were topped with fresh veggies only! We were supposed to make our own dish scrubbies but sadly ran out of time...

Everyone had a blast! The recipes that we did have been used again and again by the ladies that came, and they want to see about having another Farmgirl Day!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Kyla Hill (HoneysuckleHill3, #4640) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“I have now kept a compost pile for 5 months! Lawn clippings, leaves, and produce scraps. The bottom layer is nicely decomposing and my neighbors have decided to join in... They do not want their own so they have been using mine! Sometimes when the see me out there chopping and stirring they bring out some more and we chat about whatever pops in our head! Hubby says he doesn't know how women can find composting an interesting subject, while shaking his head at us.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Kyla Hill (HoneysuckleHill3, #4640) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I researched Origami and learned to make a paper crane! I made the crane out of pink rose printed paper in honor of my daughter Tossie. It turned out good, I like it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  6:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (Kat-Nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Shutterbugs Merit Badge!

“I started out by researching all of the terms listed under the beginner level. This was a nice refresher for me. I am a journalism major so I have done all of this before but not for at least ten years. It was nice to look it all up again and make sure I really knew what all the terms really meant. I them took way more than 20 pictures. I took them of my daughter because she loves to pose for me. She demonstrated the Farmgirl lifestyle for me in many ways from working girl to fun and free.

I think it turned out great! I had a blast with my daughter and we had some great results with the pictures. We will even use some of them for her birthday pictures. I always love taking pictures around our farm but we also used farms around our local area as well. In the long run we had very good results and just had to wait on the right weather as spring time can be iffy.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page