Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  4:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Ann Devlin (Cherrypie, #225) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I finally reached 50! I kept needing my buttons but I've finally made it to fifty buttons in my collection.

Everywhere I go, I keep my eye out for buttons!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  4:36:14 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I did make "take-over" insulated casserole (BakeOver) carriers for myself and for all of my three sisters!!

The embroidered potholders were part of the gifts to my 3 sisters (hence they are not included in the photograph).

And, yes there was a BakeOver included in the one given to my sister who lives just down the road from me. We are known for neighborhood gatherings and potlucks!!

Everyone really likes their carrier and potholders and uses them frequently!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  5:01:25 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

"I have done my work in finding out how to market my creations, trying to be frugal but wise in advertising. Also being careful not to spend money on things that are risky.

I make a large variety of creative items and if one doesn't sell well, then I don't spend more time and money on that one. Try another one and see how it goes.

I did print business cards and distribute them everywhere I can.

I have been selling my creative products for about 5 years quite successfully!!!

And, I'm have more fun that I can describe doing it!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  5:11:39 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

I have been selling my creative products quite successfully for about 5 years.

I have advertised in ways that I believed to be the best avenues for getting the word out and not spending money unwisely.

I continue to create my products, keeping very busy at it and enjoying every minute of it.

It has been very satisfying to be able to sell my sewn, beaded, painted, papercrafted, etc. items through "CJs CREATIONS".

I have bought myself flowers and I have celebrated . . . more than once!!!

NOTE: The flowered journal is where I have laid out my plans and ideas.
The book with the "Plowin'" label is my "to do" book. This is where I have my timeline for projects and my lists for things I need to get for those projects, etc.
The black notebook is my Inventory Book where I list the things I make and when I sell them. It is also my Custom Orders book and Contacts Book.
The phone? Well, you must have a phone for your business!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  4:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Organic on a Budget badge!

"I process all of my own grains so I have no plans to buy the Budget Mix. When I do use grains, I buy them in bulk. The picture attached are 4 of my mason jars that contain oat groats, steel cut oats, spelt berries and hard winter wheat berries. I often sprout and dehydrate my grains before grinding them. In the bowl are sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat groats. I only buy produce and bulk items at the grocery store. I get my meats and eggs from farmers only. I make 100% of my food from scratch. You will not find a box of anything in my house. I only buy the raw ingredients. My food budget is $400/month and it's important that I maintain that.

Excellent. Sometimes if I'm not paying enough attention, my sprouting goes bad but not generally."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  4:51:37 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge!

"I've been collecting reusable bags for about 8 years now. I have about 15 now. I use them for grocery shopping but also any shopping at Lowe's, a bookstore or Bed, Bath & Beyond. I like canvas bags best and will often buy ones from the Farmers' Markets I visit across the country.

My key to remembering to use my bags is to immediately put them in my trunk once I unload them. That way, I always have them with me."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  12:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Know Your Food badge!

"I have made 100% of my food from scratch for the past 2 years. I've been buying my meats, raw dairy, and cheeses from an Amish farmer for the past 17 months. I grow as much as my own produce as possible. Right now I have 4 different lettuces, Russian Kale, Swiss Chard and carrots growing in my winter garden. I buy any other produce I need from the local Farmer's Market and if need be the local health food store, but that is my last choice. I have 5 different types of sprout mixes that I use. I read "Fresh Food From Small Spaces," a year ago and have been sprouting since. I have some kind of fruit with every breakfast and vegetables at lunch and dinner. Having my own garden makes this easy. I had a roommate for a year (until a week ago when I moved into my first house!) I taught her how to cook, grind grains, nuts, seeds, make kombucha/kefir, how to store food and purchase food economically. Before I moved out, she commented that she feels confident in her cooking abilities. The attached photo includes peppers, beets and lettuce picked from my garden within the past week. That's the end of the peppers for the season.

I am healthier than I ever have been. I am very thankful for the abundance of life giving food I have in my life."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  12:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"My "sewing basket" is a collection of items that I've been accumulating for about 10 years now. I taught myself how to quilt in 1999 when I made placemats for a friend's wedding. Since then I have bought sewing supplies but also "inherited" items from my grandmother (who is now in a nursing home) and from a friend who passed away (it was she that I made the placemats for).

I have quite a collection of fabric, thread, and other sewing items. If I don't get something from a friend or family member, I try to use a coupon when purchasing at Joanne's."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  1:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I began collecting buttons when I started buying my "professional wardrobe." Most of the clothing I bought came with an extra button. I finally gathered all the buttons in a mason jar just a month ago. I currently have 137 buttons.

Although I didn't directly pay for any of my buttons, I realize that they are a bit drab. I need color!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  1:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge!

"I taught myself to quilt 10 years ago but took my first class in 2001. I've only had time to make small projects. This picture is a holiday table runner I made while watching a football game. It took me about 4 hours to complete. I enjoy pulling it out for the holidays every year.

I have a wonderful book about block quilting. The possibilities are endless. I've made many projects throughout the years."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  3:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Jill Greenfield (draiodoirmna, #752) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Quilting badge!

"I made this baby quilt just to practice. It probably took me 40+ hours to do. During this project, I realized that I enjoy the piecework much more than the actual quilting. I also learned that I love choosing fabric colors. I can spend hours putting colors together. I quilted with my mom during this project.

I have used this quilt as a wall hanging in the past."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  3:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Anna Jurik (Prairie Chickadees, #595) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Shopping Green badge!

"I have replaced all my toxic home cleaners with green, all natural, organic not animal tested and no animal ingredients cleaners.

Being a vegetarian I was amazed to learn that many cleaners along with candy and personal hygiene products have animal ingredients. I feel much better using organic and animal free household cleaners."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Anna Jurik (Prairie Chickadees, #595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

"I have had my own business before, I made dog collars, harnesses, slip collars and leads. I attended dog shows, flyball and agility competitions to sell my products. I did that for many years. I am also a Certified Canine Massage Therapist. Both careers I have put on the side because of home schooling my 12 year old daughter. There's not much time to attend shows or give massages anymore. My daughter Hannah is an avid reader and I was going through some of her antique children's books and I love the images of the children and animals. So, I had an idea of making jewerly with antique photos. I can make a web site, actually Hannah did she's the tech genius, and I can sell from my home. The name of my business is Vintage Charm, with the tag line Always Be Charming.

You know you have a good product when your out and about and a total stranger will give you a positive comment on your product. I love unique items and I think I have one."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Anna Jurik (Prairie Chickadees, #595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

"The company ad has run, I've received the tax ID number, and I have my business cards.

When I first did this process with my other business it was kind of frustrating, now I know the ropes and it was much easier this time around."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:50:57 AM  Show Profile
Anna Jurik (Prairie Chickadees, #595) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

"Everything is complete, now just to get the word out. I wear my product everywhere I go, and I am in the process of getting connected with other web-sites to sell my jewelry.

So far so good, everyday is another opportunity. I am not looking to become rich, but its nice to have something of my own. I have encouraged a farmgirl in my chapter to start their own business, maybe soon."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  10:07:51 AM  Show Profile
Audrey Kirk (Faransgirl, #572) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge!

"I earned my badge by learning how to applique and quilt. I made a Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging for my sister. The pattern was taken from an old quilt made by my Great Aunt Offie. My father taught me how to do the appliqué and how to put the quilt together. Then he showed me how to hand quilt the layers together. I was very please with the result and will always treasure the time with my Dad as he taught me how to do the tiny stitches. It is all hand done and it took days to learn to do the tiny stitches.

I think the quilt turned out very well and I think my sister and I will always treasure it because the pattern was taken from my Aunts."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  09:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Spirit badge!

"I hosted a tea party with my friends and family. We are a group that does much in our community to help our neightbors mostly with spiritual comfort. But, whenever we meet someone who is really in need of maybe a trip to the store or cleaning up their yard we are ready to help.

We shared stories of those we have helped in our neighborhood and those who were thankful for that help. We had a great time."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Farmgirl Spirit badge!

"We had new neighbors from Peru move in across the street. The house needed to be gutted and remodeled. So, since my husband speaks Spanish he went over and introduced our family and offered to help. The wife is learning English so we said hello and smiled a lot. We've exchanged baked goods and we help each other with whatever is needed.

The house was finished in two months. It turned out great. I only have the before picture now and will send the after one later. My camera died."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:17:45 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge!

"I have kept a gratitude journal now for the last 4 years. I came the closest to dying I ever want to again from being misdiagnosed by doctors. I have Lyme disease.

I prayed to God all of my awake hours for 6 months while laying in bed praying for an answer. Once I got my health back on track thanks to the doctor we found I started writing in this journal. My faith has always been strong, but now I can say nothing short of death will ever come between me and my God and life again. For that I am greatful and tell him daily. I thank him for life for breathing, even if it is with a mask on. For walking without the use of a wheelchair for the last year. For, eating without having an allergic reaction to more than 5 foods now. So, yes, I have a lot to be thankful for. Especially for my family and friends that support me."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Going Green badge!

"I make my own household cleaners by mixing lemon essential oil with my organic cleaners. We use it for the whole house. I make my own liquid soaps by taking my left over organic bar soaps and melting them in purified water. Then I add it into my dispenser, works great.
I also mix vodka with purified water and essential lemon oil as a room freshner, and for sheets, and pet odors and I add the vodka to my dish soap and hand soap to kill germs.

My family loves the fresh lemon scent and it doesn't bother my allergies. We only use 1 drop."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an expert level Going Green badge!

"My house has been totally green for the last 5 years. There is not one single toxic chemical that can be found inside or out.
We use an indoor drying rack because of pollen and my allergies. It works great!
We love the Fresh Aire non Voc paints and have painted the entire inside with great beautiful colors. My husband just finished my kitchen in a buttercup yellow. I love it!
We have wall to wall ceramic tile and wood flooring. The outside entryway is tiled and the back patio is soon to be in 2010.

I can breathe so much better. I hate to leave my house because I can't breathe without the use of a CSD mask on the outside. We use the dust mop and vacuum daily. And I use a steam mop weekly. Germ free and dust free living is great."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:50:57 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge!

"I have over six bags that we use for shopping. They are from the local grocery store and ones I've swapped with and made myself.

We use them on every trip to the store. We belong to an organic vegetarian co-op and use them every two weeks for that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo (Marjean, #308) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Shopping Green badge!

"I had to look and look to find organic cleanser that were not fragranced with some flower or heavy citrus scent. I have a hyper-sensitive allergy disorder. After, many tries I found the best for me to be Shaklee.

So, I mix the Basic-H just a few drops for windows. Then 1/4 tsp. in a spray bottle for the whole house and add the Basic-G that kills any germ known to man. I love the way my house smells after a good cleaning."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  11:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Bustin' Out badge!

"We tried a new organic food every week for one month.
Turnips
Spinach
Rutabaga
Dried beans

Since we grow most of our own food it was not much of a difference. But we did try turnips, and rutabagas that we had not tried before. We don't care for the rutabaga, but we'll grow turnips next year."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  11:24:10 AM  Show Profile
Beverly Sherman (KMop, #799) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge!

"I made about 50% of my decorations.
Dried Queen Ann's lace for snowflakes, walnut shell mice, milkweed pods with seed flowers, Tesile animals, paper chains, and strung cranberries and popcorn.

No lights or plastic decorations.

Made a scrap quilt for all family members.

I think it is beautiful, we have always made most of our Christmas decorations.
Everyone will like a new quilt."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page