Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  3:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Tami Linamen, (#4029) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilling badge.

"At our last sisterhood meeting, one of the ladies taught us quilling. It was great fun. I also enjoyed it because it will work nicely into my scrapbooking.

I plan to pick up supplies and do some quilling on my own."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  3:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Tami Linamen, (#4029) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Birds badge.

"Attended a workshop in May 2012. We discussed tools, usage, storage, etc. We used some of the tools to cut out and build a birdhouse.

I have watched over the summer the different birds. None nested in the house this summer. I got it up kinda late in the season. I will watch again in the spring."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Water Conservation badge.

"Checked all the taps in the house including shower, fixed all leaking ones. Have chose to conserve water by taking shorter showers, turning off water while brushing teeth, and by only rinsing dishes at once with water not consistently on.

Has worked well with water bill decreased."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:39:10 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Let's Get Physical badge.

"With my health declining I chose to begin to exercise on a daily basis with Zumba and start eating organically.

Have done Zumba most mornings, and when traveling I walk instead. I eat organic as often as I can."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"Went camping for the weekend with husband and dog, no tv, computer, radio, or electronic gadgets.

Had a wonderful relaxing weekend, with walks, fun in the river with the dog, games with hubby, and some hand sewing work completed."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:40:52 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Fishing badge.

"Learned how to tie clinch, palomar, turle, barrel knot, and double surgeons loops.

Went well my husband taught me and states I can now tie my own knots."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:41:53 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an intermediate level Fishing badge.

"Reviewed local fishing regulations, learned about different fish and where they are, and what bait to use.

Discussed with husband who fishes, I know which type of fish are in which lakes, and the local river, and the types of bait like power, wedding ring, fly, and worm."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an expert level Fishing badge.

"Bought a fishing license went fishing with husband.

Second fishing trip caught my first fish a trout, helped clean it (yuk) and took it home to bbq."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Scrapbooking badge.

"Made a scrapbook/shadowbox in memory of our golden retriever Kava, and one for a raffle gift for the Marine Corp league.

Was hard making the one for Kava as he is missed and still a year later is hard to overcome the sadness. They both turned out very nice."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  1:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Karla Reinhart, (karlee2147 #4476) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge.

"Have made 25-30 percent of all christmas gifts for this year, and ornaments to hang on the tree.

Whether small or big, family seem to enjoy the gifts, I am anxious to always see the joy."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  12:35:31 PM  Show Profile
Michelle DiDomenico, (Simplepleasures #4373) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I have been making my own cleaning products for about 6 years although I also purchase a few Shaklee products as well. I decided to bring all the ingredients to a friends home and taught her how to make them and also photographed it and shared it on my blog so others could learn about it too!
http://simplepleasures317.blogspot.com/2012/09/homemade-cleaning-products.html

Awesome, she loves the products and we had so much fun doing it together. I have also gotten a few comments on my blog and lots of emails of natural cleaning recipes that people use themselves."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  12:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Michelle DiDomenico, (Simplepleasures #4373) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I shop at Trader Joes or Whole foods and always bring my reusable bags. Over the weekend I needed a few more for my order. I now have 9 bags and shared one with my neighbor.

She was excited to start using the bag I gave her a canvas bag because shes older and I thought it would be softer for her to use."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Michelle DiDomenico, (Simplepleasures #4373) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Water Conservation badge.

"I have been working on my cleaning up badges this month and I was very excited to find a water conservation timer for the shower. Its simply an hour glass type thing that you turn upside down when you start your shower and it takes about 5 minutes to empty, so I know when to get out!

I like it and it makes saving water so easy. It also forces me to quit lolly gagging in the morning so I have more time when I'm getting ready for work!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  12:59:38 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Community Service badge.

"I just finished writing the proposal for the Ant farm’s new career center. I have a meeting with them and we will see what needs to be added or taken away. The Antfarm has volunteer orientations when needed. They are very organized and have most everything prepared before their volunteers arrive.

I like it and I think they will like it, too. We will see."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Linda Van Ausdell, (vanavista #4347) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Make It Pretty badge.

"I made a "Favorite Things" book. I'll keep my favorite notes from my husband, small drawings from when my children were young, post cards from friends, some flowers I pressed and more. I cut the binding off an old moldy book and punched holes into the front and back cover. I made a collage on the front and back covers and then decoupaged it. I then added different types of papers and weaved strings and ribbons to holes to bind the book together. I added my favorite things to the pages and can add more as I received them.

I love it and will continue to add things until it's over flowing."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Birds badge.

"This morning our local Wild Birds Unlimited store sponsored a birdwalk with Georgann Schmalz, an expert birder. She was so good that she could tell you which birds were making which sounds in the forest.

Because there was a front coming in this afternoon, we didn't see many of the birds but we sure heard them. Many were fall migrants coming through.

She said it is perfectly legal to count a bird if you only hear it and don't see it. Therefore I heard or saw white-eyed vireo, catbird, Canada geese, yellow warbler, titmouse, Carolina wren, blue jay, bunting, field sparrow, crow, chicadee, house finch, goldfinch, mocking bird, brown thrasher, Eastern towhee, chipping sparrow, red shouldered hawk and, my favorite of all, hummingbirds. The picture is from my own front yard."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Will-do badge.

"This project was started last October after I took a dying class at a local yarn shop. I purchased some wool yarn from the store and started making some slippers to felt.

The project got put aside for other things, but I finally picked it back up and finished knitting the slippers. It took me awhile to figure out how to sew them together, but I finally did.

It took over 25 hours to finish, especially if you count how many times I had to wash and dry them in order to get them to felt. They still are a little bit big on me, but I have dried them with all sorts of things like denim and jackets with metal buckles to agitate them more.

Since I will probably be wearing them with socks during the winter, they should fit me just fine by then."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Scrapbooking badge.

"When I did the beginner project in scrap booking, I learned about acid-free paper, vellum and lignan and used them in that project. This time I used a different tactic for my scrap book.

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way about how pictures degrade, as listed in the book "Saving Stuff." (I just got it from the library and read it today.) That's why I decided to go digital with all of my family photos. A picture of my grandmother's family in the early 1900s not only faded, but stuck to the glass of the picture frame.

I was horrified when I tried to take it out of the frame and it tore. Thankfully, I had made copies of all the old pictures and had given them to both of my siblings.

When I called my sister to get her to send me the copy so I could re-do it, she couldn't find it. Ditto with my brother.

One of my women's magazines had a special with Shutterfly where you could get a 20 page book online for free. So I took a photocopy I had made of the "lost" picture (I did a genealogy back in 1989 and photocopied everything) and put it plus all of the other family photos in a digital scrapbook. It actually came out better, with more detail that way.

I put in dates of birth, marriages and deaths, as well as where everybody was born and where they died. I told the story of each photo in relation to me so that the younger set (nieces and nephews) will have a family history that they hopefully will not lose.

(My sister found the missing picture finally after I had done all of this.) I put flowers and other embellishments in my copy of it and I will get another one for my brother to give to them as Christmas presents this year. I hope that it will become a treasured heirloom for them some day.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Outstepping badge.

"Last October, Brian and I took a Master Naturalist class and within that, we took day hikes along the River Walk in Ellijay, around the Gilmer County High School complex and on a trail in Blue Ridge, GA. We had never been to those before and the neat thing was, we had experts to tell us all about the flora along the way.

I grew up camping a lot when I was a kid so I do know how to make a safe campfire already. However, Amicalola Falls had a Wilderness Survival weekend in August and it was nice to get tips on it again to refresh my memory.

Georgia's state bird is the Brown Thrasher, our flower is the Cherokee Rose, and our tree is the Live Oak. I found the rose on a fence by where I get my raw milk, and the Live Oak photo was taken off the Piedmont plane in South Georgia.

The Brown Thrasher is a solitary bird who doesn't come to feeders, so I got that picture at Amicalola Falls in their visitor shop. They have one stuffed as an example of local animals.
(Hey, it didn't say it had to be alive!)"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:33:35 PM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Backyard Farmer badge.

"We have a local place called Mountain Valley Farm that sells grass-fed, grass-finished beef and Heritage pork raised on the farm there and treated humanely throughout the lifetime of the animal. I have been buying from them for years and it is some of the best meat I have ever tasted.

In July, I took a class on cheese making and it was quite informative. I also have made my own butter from the cream of the Jersey cow where I get my raw milk. I love doing both!

Since I don't have farm animals of my own, the last time I was out there, I took pictures of the animals at Mt. Valley Farm and also of the chickens where I get my free-range eggs. I just finished making note cards out of them and had a difficult time deciding which pictures to use out of all that I took.

I made them have a sort of sepia look to them and I may have to make more sets for everyone for Christmas this year. I think they are all going to want some."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Lena Shandor, (#1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge.

"I took a class on business plan writing. Instead of starting my business from scratch, I found an opportunity to purchase an established business. I had the website redone with new business cards. Later, I added a new product line of embroidered pillows and stitcheries. A lady was selling her patterns and supplies cheaply so I bought them from her. Now I make and sell candles, soap, and embroidered items.

I have picked up new wholesale and retail customers. One of my pillows is being featured in Country Sampler magazine for their special home tour edition in the spring of 2013. I have an established reputation as an artisan. My candles were approved as a Project F.A.R.M. business. My business is a career for me. I don't have the option of working outside the home because I homeschool two girls, ages 11 and 8, who take up most of my time. They enjoy helping me package up my shipments and watching me create. I am enjoying my life!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:56:38 PM  Show Profile
Lena Shandor, (#1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Basketry badge.

"I researched the different types of basket weaving online. Then, I weaved a small basket at a local craft fair.

It is crooked and leans to one side. I don't think I'm meant to be a basket weaver."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile
Connie Herron, (Littlegirl54 #4152) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I have been working on several levels for this task. I made some simple potholders from a 1940's crochet booklet for this beginner's badge. I have taught my daughter in law and two granddaughters, and one grandson how to crochet.

The new crocheter's are doing well, two made a hat and one is working on a baby blanket. The vintage pattern for the simple potholder, well, it was fun to try and figure out what exactly the writer meant to be done."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  2:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann Kutemeier, (ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Community Service badge.

"I choose to work at church in the household pantry. I was able to work on June 5,12,19,26.July10,24,31. Aug.21 and 28. Sept.4 and 11. Each time I worked it was for 2 1/2 hours.
When I arrived I would set up the tables, then get the cart with the products on it out. One month we gave out cleaning supplies and one month beauty aids. After getting out the cart I would set out the products and bags. Then get out the client box and community resource book. Then wait for client. After talking with the clients to find out how they are doing and if they need anything they sign their card, which is used to keep track if they have received products that month. After that we head to product table. Ask then what products they are in need of and bag the items up for them. If clients don't have any other questions or concerns we tell then bye and they go on ther way.

Things turned out well. I did get to see that some people are having a harder time than I and that some in the church really don't understand people. So praying for both."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  1:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Rachel Nelson, (Yart #1081) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I have gotten rid of all of our chemical cleaners. I even tried to make dish soap. As this is an on going process I hope to have more to share as time goes one.

I really like most of the new cleaners. But the dish soap, still working on this as I don't like the consistency."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page