Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  11:38:28 AM  Show Profile
Sue Sensenbaugh-Padgett, (suellen5 #3992) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Carp-hen-try badge.

"My home had the fake wallpaper paneling with mauve and blue flowers. I started by using Kilz on the walls to make the paint stick.

I love the look of my none flower walls. The color brightened the room making it look much larger. Also the wall decorations stand out. Now I can't wait to paint the rest of the house. The hardest part of the project was taping the windows and edges.
I always believed I was fairly handy around the house, but "Dare to Repair" taught me a lot. Never knew that ceiling fans changed rotational directions to work differently for Summer and Winter."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"I earned my badge by watching the trailer of The Secret Life of Bees and found it very informative. I also read the book by Sue Monk and enjoyed it. I have bee friendly flowers such as sedum, lilac, redbud, sage and marigolds planted in my yard.

By being more aware of bees I have discovered a swarm of bees in a hollow tree just outside of my garden. I will be getting a hive soon."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"I earned my badge by reading the book Bees: Natures Little Wonders. In researching the difference between raw and processed honey, raw is more nutritious and filtered and processed is filtered and heated losing some the vitamins and minerals.

I will be using honey instead of sugar and I found a great dealer at our local farmer's market."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Grease Chicks badge.

"I earned my badge by checking all fluid levels in my Jeep. I am the only one who drives my car I do this on a regular basis, also I fuel up myself. I have kept a journal for the last month on my fuel usage and mileage.

By keeping track of miles and fuel usage I have figured out my Jeep gets about 18 miles to the gallon."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I have 1000's of buttons have been collecting for years. This is just a few I have been buying at yard sales, flea markets and auctions.

I use them on sewing projects and crafts."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"I made my bracelet by using shell buttons.

I thought it turned out really cute and my granddaughter wants one too."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I found this pretty box at a yard sale and thought it would be just perfect for a sewing box.

It was the perfect size and worked out great."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Schrader, (#4109) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made this half apron with some material left over from another project using Simplicity pattern #7889.

Turned out great I like the bright colors."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level What's Your Beef? badge.

"I read the book "Beef: the untold story" and I found a local rancher to buy my beef from.

I actually work with a woman whose husband raises beef cows that I could buy a half a cow from. I am also part of a CSA that is going to start including beef from a local farm."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Birds badge.

"I built a birdhouse and hung it right outside my front window so that I could watch it to see if there were any birds coming.

For a while, only the robins would land on my birdhouse. They were too big to actually use it though. Finally I noticed a wren building a nest in the birdhouse. It would come by in the morning and go back a forth for quite a while getting the nest going. We actually built birdhouses and painted them as a family project so I have many in my yard full of birds now."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I learned how to crochet. I taught a friend how to crochet.

I had a hard time learning to crochet. I took to knitting much quicker, which I don't understand because everyone tells me that crochet is easier. Either way I finished my first not very straight project."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I cleaned out my cupboards and got rid of everything I didn't use.

My nice clean tupperware cupboard inspired me to keep cleaning."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"I went through my whole kitchen taking an inventory and making a pile of things to get rid of.

I donated all of the items I didn't need to Goodwill. I also discovered that I need hanging spice racks, a Kitchenaid and more bowls."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Know Your Roots badge.

"I interviewed my oldest couple relatives.

I got more information than I could ever know what to do with. I had started learning a little about my history and was thrilled to learn so much. We had a lot of fun."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:47:05 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Houlihan, (Houligan19 #3828) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Know Your Roots badge.

"I searched the national archives for some family history.

I have spent more hours on this project than any other in my life. I have learned so much interesting information that I could have never imagined. I will keep working on this project for many years to come."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Julia Riach, (#4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Crochet badge.

"I made a blanket. I worked on it around family and friends for at least 5 hours.

My stitches got tighter at the top so it is a little bigger at the bottom and smaller at the top. It still looks ok though."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  12:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Julia Riach, (#4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I made a sampler with different types of stitches and framed it.

It turned out ok."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  12:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Julia Riach, (#4210) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Embroidery badge.

"I embroidered my badges onto a tote bag.

It turned out great."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  1:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"Disconnected the satellite for over a month, got rid of my cell phone period, cooked out side for 3 days.

Limiting TV time now and no more cell phone. Much simpler life."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  1:53:33 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"I had read the Secret Life of Bees over the winter and just watched the vanishing bees. I had planed to get a top-bar hive this spring, but decided to wait until next year, as I got chickens this spring. I have planted bee friendly flowers all around my place.

If I do get a hive. It will be a top bar as it is much better for the Bees."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  1:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Grease Chicks badge.

"I, being a single woman do check my oil, fluids and tire pressure. 660 miles for June about 18 gal of gas (Prius)

This is something we should all know how to do...where things are located under the hood."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  1:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Know Your Roots badge.

"Sat down with my 88 year old mother and asked her to refresh some of the stories my grandmother told, about her side of the family making the Mormon trek across the plains to Utah after they were driven out of Missouri and their home taken. She reminded me that my great, great grandfather had died on the journey and that my GG grandmother and the children had finished the journey on their own with many hardships before reaching the safety of the Salt Lake Valley.

It was nice to try to rekindle the old memories my mother had as a child."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Lobaugh, (Sugar Girl #4235) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge.

"I found this long piece of concrete reinforcing grid and wired it to a metal building I hate the looks of, plated a trumpet vine at the base so it will cover the shed. In honor of the 4th of July I built a bean teepee out of t-posts and scrap wood and the climbing twine is baling twine.

Doesn't look too hot but once they're covered it will look very nice. Having fun doing all these projects!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  4:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Mary Livengood, (mamalivengood #4128) has received a certificate of achievement in The Secret Life of Bees for earning a beginner level Garden Gate badge.

"First, I watched the trailer for "vanishing bees". Next, I read "The Secret Life of Bees". I planted Bachelor Buttons and Giant Sunflower. I also transplanted some mint from one flower bed to another in the front yard.

I enjoyed the book. My 12 year old daughter read the book as well. We both liked it so much that we decided to have a special girl night and rent the movie. I think what made the book so enjoyable was that it tells a wonderful story of facing and growing through the hardships of life, but also describes many aspects of beekeeping."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  12:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Deborah Meyer, (dmeyer #4099) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Rocks and Minerals badge.

"A mineral is a solid formation that occurs naturally in the earth while a rock is a combination of more than one mineral formations which also occurs naturally.
A mineral has a unique chemical composition and is defined by its crystalline structure and shape while a rock can be composed of several minerals it is classified according to the process of its formation. A rock can also contain organic remains apart from regular mineral formations. There are some rocks that may include just one mineral formation though.
There are three types of rocks: Igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. Igneous rocks are formed when molten lava solidifies after an eruption. Igneous rocks are known to be rich in the mineral granite. A few examples of igneous rocks are Pumice and Granite. Sedimentary rocks are formed when deposition of organic matter and chemical precipitates take place. A few examples of Sedimentary rocks are Marble and Slate. Metamorphic rocks are formed by the transformation of one rock type to another. A few examples of metamorphic rocks are Coal, Crude Oil, Limestone, Sandstone, and Shale.

The commercial value of minerals is high and rocks are mined to extract these minerals. Here is just a few used: Granite is used for buildings, monuments, and tombstones. Marble is used for floors and countertops. Pumice is used for scouring, scrubbing, and polishing materials. Quartz is used to make glass, electrical components, and optical lenses. Sandstone is used for buildings and slate is used for chalkboards, roofs, and patios."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page