Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  3:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning, (mamahenning #2492) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Scrapbooking badge.

"I surprised my husband with a scrabook dedicated to his high school swim team. My mother-in-law sent us boxes of pictures and papers of my husband's childhood. He really loved being on the swim team and had piles of pictures and ribbons that were a mess. I put together an album for him so he can easily see his memories.

He was really surprised! It took hours of work to go through all the undated articles, photos and awards and match everything together. He was so happy that I took the time to put it all together for him."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  11:30:41 AM  Show Profile
Tammy Duletzke, (Rosefairiemom #2363) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I fell in love with a series of three snowflake patterns in the Love of Knitting Holiday 2011 magazine. I decided to use the blanket block pattern to make dishcloths. This pattern is snowflake A, which reminds me of a poinsettia. Stitches used were the basic knit and purl. Garter pattern was also used.

The hard part for me was that the patterns were in chart form and I've never done a chart pattern for knitting. I eventually had to transcribe these into regular knitting instructions since I have several orders placed for this series and it was easier then printing off the chart and highlighting each row after I completed it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  11:47:05 AM  Show Profile
Barbara Roberts, (Healthy Eating #2237) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Backyard Farmer badge.

"Finally I learned how to milk a cow! It was more difficult than I had anticipated and I sure realized that Audrey really knew her stuff when it came to setting up for it. She made sure everything was extremely clean and ready to go.

I can't send a picture because I took it on my cell phone and it turned out too dark, plus I can't figure out how to get it to send in this format.

I have supported my local farm where I buy my grass-fed, grass-finished beef for a number of years now. They also raise free-range Heritage pigs and sell the pork along with the beef.

I purchase it along with the beef and it is the most wonderful tasting meat you can find. They basically haven't changed the way they did things from 1826 when the farm first came into their family."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Chris Pruitt, (Chip #3669) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I purchased 6 "reusable" shopping bags from my grocery store and have used them numerous times and at several different stores.

It works great and I like not getting all those plastic bags. I'm storing them in the car so they can be used by my husband too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Melody Tigo, (Coffeemom #833) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I made a red half apron with white dots.
Fortunately I have an older sister to ask advice. She taught me how to make gathers. I liked learning this new skill.

It turned out really cute! I'm proud of it. The gathers were a challenge. I had to undo them once to get them even, but I don't feel intimidated by them any more.
At this time, I don't have a way to send a picture, which makes me upset because I want you to see it too!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Melody Tigo, (Coffeemom #833) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"I taught myself to quilt. I watched quilting shows on TV, read books, used the internet, and sought the help of ladies I know that quilt. I made a gingerbread man table mat that is 8"X10".
It took a lot more than 3 hours to make!! The most important things I learned on this was that ACCURATE cutting is essential. It was also my first experience with the buttonhole stitch.

It turned out great for a beginner. I enjoyed learning the new skill. I helped someone else make one also."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Melody Tigo, (Coffeemom #833) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Quilting badge.

"I made a Christmas wreath wall hanging using a pattern from an Eleanor Burns book. It taught me how to make a Dresdan Plate, and a three dimensional bow. I machine quilted it and made up my own "holly" pattern in the border. Three of my friends made one with me. I worked on mine alone and with them.

It is my favorite holiday quilt. It is lovely. I entered it in the county fair and won second place in the Christmas wall hanging division!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Melody Tigo, (Coffeemom #833) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Quilting badge.

"I made a quilt called Grandma's Dresses. It is 3 dimensional. I learned paper piecing, flange, and dimensional sewing. I worked 52 hours over a one month period. I love quilting so much that I began teaching quilt classes in my home once a week for one and a half years. I had 6 students. Two of them have requested we start again! Yay!

I am very proud of this quilt, considering that I thought about tossing it out the back door several times during construction! Thankfully I didn't because I entered it in the county fair and won a blue ribbon!!!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  1:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge.

"I am applying for the beginner merit badge for Cleaning Up-- Going green.
I got rid of all my house cleaners and went with more "green" things to use. I will never go back to using harsh chemicals again. I write down useful ideas for the products I use. I have been using baking soda for many years as a cleanser, deodorizer, floor cleaner, etc.

My house smells so much better now with no harsh chemical smell. My floors are squeaky clean instead of filmy. So much cheaper and easier and less work to use."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  3:09:37 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"For this badge I have collected a total of 12 reusable shopping bags and use them all the time. I keep bags next to my grocery list, so when I go out the door, I have them ready. I also keep 3 in the car just in case I go shopping spur of the moment, I will have them with. I even use them when I go to thrift stores and the yarn store. I have noticed more and more people using their own bags now.

It is working out so well for me, I do not forget to take the bags with me now when I shop. I use them all the time, even the library!!!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  4:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"For the intermediate badge, I have researched ways to clean my home without using harsh chemical cleaners. I use baking soda for cleaning floors, sinks, scuff marks, deodorizing, fabric rinse in my washer. I use vinegar for windows, hair rinse, dog rinse, cleaning appliances. I will never go back to using any other cleaners. I will be making my own cleaners.

Works wonders on appliances, keeps dandruff away in my hair, my clothes seem to be fluffier and cleaner."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  10:21:50 AM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Little Squirts badge.

"For this badge I oiled all the door hinges in the house with WD40, although there were other times I used vegetable oil and it worked well. I oiled my husband's bike chain, and also oiled and cleaned all the garden tools before putting them away for the season, so they will be all ready for the planting season in the spring.

I only had one door that was squeaky, but know that the rest will not follow suit now that they are oiled. No rust on my tools!!!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  11:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Little Squirts badge.

"For the intermediate, I tightened up all the doorknobsa in the house, some were pretty loose. I checked and made sure all the locks were in working order, and also for the window locks. I had one door that needed adjusting to swing freely, my outside door. I also oiled all the car doors, as I had the back ones squeaking. Not any more!!!

All is well with all doors and windows now. I will do this every fall and spring as part of my seasonal cleaning and preparing."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  12:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I started a journal and wrote each day for a month what I am thankful for. It is amazing how many things there is, like everything around you and within!!!!! I keep it up daily now as part of my daily routine.

How wonderful life is!!!!! Each day there is more to be thankful for."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge.

"I grew my own vegetable garden this year, first time in over 20 years. I used no pesticides at all and used my own compost for fertilizer. I read the book "Montrose: Life in a Garden".

I did not need any pesticide this year, the only problem I had with pests were rabbits eating my peas. Need to put a fence around next year."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  12:52:21 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level The Secret Life of Bees badge.

"I watched the trailer www.vanishingbees.com and I planted bee friendly flowers, also for the butterflies. I read the book "Secret Life of Bees". I could not put it down until I finished it.

I learned a lot about bees I did not know. I do not have a way to raise bees, but it would be something I definetly would do if I could. The book was so good, I learned a lot about beekeeping and to respect them."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  1:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Janet Doran, (jan49829 #3340) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Let's Get Physical badge.

"I am applying for the intermediate badge for Let's Get Physical. I eat more organic foods than I did before and am cutting down on my portions. I can't seem to lose weight, but I do have more energy. I continue daily exercise, as I belong to a support group and we must post on a daily basis what exercise we do.

I feel more energetic now that I am eating better and controlling how much I eat. I do some kind of exercise daily to keep me moving, helping keep my muscles stronger."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  2:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Melissa Kunze, (#1836) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge.

"This summer we acquired four chickens: 2 bantams (1 is a rooster), and 2 Buff Orphingtons. We got two of the beginning of June and the other two arrived in August. My hubby built a temporary coop (until next Spring) and we have hand raised them from day old chicks. Their names are Gem, Atticus, Calpurnia and Boo ~ from "To Kill a Mockingbird". They have been feed organic/non-medicated feed from the start.

So far it is going very well. Once they moved outside to their coop it got very quiet in the house. We adore them and they tend to be sassy ones ~ my rooster has developed an attitude with me, but I figure he'll get over it eventually. The heat lamps got set up this week due to seriously cold temps here and they are contented birds. :)"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  3:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Melissa Kunze, (#1836) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level What's Your Beef? badge.

"I've known for years that I was not a fan of commercially raised meat. I am strongly opposed to all of the hormones, antibiotics and living conditions these animals are subjected to, not to mention the "odd" diets they are feed. It's not good, or humane, for them and it all gets passed down to us. My middle son is highly sensitive to artificial colorings and we've been trying to avoid them for years. I just keep learning about where more are injected in and find a way to get around them ~ organically, and naturally.

I have finally found a nearby butcher who feels the same way I do and doesn't work with farmers who use "herding" techniques, hormones or antibiotics. This year we have also added more wild game to our diet and I helped process my first deer ever a few weeks ago. I love this road I'm traveling! :D "
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  3:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Melissa Kunze, (#1836) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I took my first sewing class at school in 7th grade and the summer between I took a more advanced class through a fabric store (gosh, that was forever ago), and my first job was in a fabric store (I miss that job).

Anyhow, I still have some of my original items from my first sewing kit, I just replenish now."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  10:40:20 AM  Show Profile
Darcy Toft, (Mustang Rider #1315) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge.

"I taught myself to crochet by following the steps in MaryJane's Stitching Room book and made the dish cloth in MaryJane's IdeaBook. I then taught my youngest daughter how to crochet and I believe she has finished more projects then I have.

Starting the first stitches after the chain was slow for me and I had to start over a few times, but I finally caught on. I enjoyed it so much that I made a few dishcloths to give as gifts."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  10:54:53 AM  Show Profile
Darcy Toft, (Mustang Rider #1315) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"Both my husband and I worked on this badge. He thought it was a great idea. We told family members what we were doing so they would not worry about us and turned everything off on Friday and did not turn it back on until the following Monday.

Turning the phones off was the easy part. The tv was something different. Everytime I sat down on the couch, I wanted to turn the tv on. My husband had the same problem so he just stayed in his shop most of the time. We ate dinner at the table together, talked more to each other and finished projects that we started. We both learned that we could do without the tv and phones and how they are such a big negative part of our life. It was so peaceful in our house."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  11:06:26 AM  Show Profile
Darcy Toft, (Mustang Rider #1315) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horse Dreams badge.

"Paso Robles is a very horsey area so I see alot of horses everytime I drive around, which is great because I'm horse crazy. The horses that I could identify were the Quarter horse, Warmblood, Paints, Arabians and Mustangs. I love all breeds of horses and I have had a few of my own like the Quarter horse, but my heart goes to the Mustang. What a incredible horse. I have two of my own. I think of nothing when I'm around them. No worries. I board them at a stable owned by an elderly woman who loves Arabians. This is where I had my first encounter with the Warmblood. He was beautiful. His owner was riding dressage which inspired me to take dressage lessons.

I have always loved horses and this was a easy badge requirement for me to do. This has been a great opportunity for me to learn about breeds, like the Warmblood, that I have not been around.
I've had breast cancer so the dressage lessons have been therapy for me. My little black mustang looks pretty good in a dressage saddle."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  1:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Loyce Krogel, (traildancer #1272) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Cross-Stitch badge.

"I am cross-stitching Christmas ornaments.

I have been cross-stitching for years. However, these ornaments are not the quality I have used in the past. The fabric is stiff and the holes are difficult to pierce. And for some reason, I can't seem to count correctly! Both of the ornaments I have made have errors. I guess the recipients won't know the difference but it bothers me and given the trouble I have with the holes, I didn't want to undo and start over!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  1:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Tammy Burger, (GrammyTammy #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge.

"I have a special Christmoose Tree this year. I have made most of the ornaments to go on it. These include old photos, gingerbread moose and embroidered moose. I also have made well over 25% of the gifts we will give this year.

I had so much fun."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page